The Snow Queen (KBS2, 2006) with Hyun Bin

Discuss Korean drama series here.
MzMina

Post by MzMina » Nov 17th, '06, 00:26

how are the ratings going for this series so far? I hope it's going well. The scenery looks breathtaking in those shots, cant wait to see it!

WroW
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by WroW » Nov 17th, '06, 01:30

MzMina wrote:how are the ratings going for this series so far? I hope it's going well. The scenery looks breathtaking in those shots, cant wait to see it!
Episode 1: 5.8%
Episode 2: 8.2%

Not going well :roll

Kimba

Post by Kimba » Nov 17th, '06, 03:29

Do they have this drama here?
Like if i search in d-addicts will it come up? and if it does.. what do i type?
this series looks fun
ANY WITHOUT ANYSUBS?
im korean so i dont need subs =)

anhnie

Post by anhnie » Nov 17th, '06, 03:55

Kimba wrote:Do they have this drama here?
Like if i search in d-addicts will it come up? and if it does.. what do i type?
this series looks fun
ANY WITHOUT ANYSUBS?
im korean so i dont need subs =)
The first two episodes are available at clubbox, just search Snow Queen, it should come up.

MzMina

Post by MzMina » Nov 17th, '06, 03:58

WroW wrote:
MzMina wrote:how are the ratings going for this series so far? I hope it's going well. The scenery looks breathtaking in those shots, cant wait to see it!
Episode 2: 8.2%

Not going well :roll
awws..that sucks, i think it'll get better. the drama types dont get interesting until a couple of episodes in.

Tiffy

Post by Tiffy » Nov 17th, '06, 14:28

just finished watching episode 2.. well, seems okay.. im just afraid that it might end up like any other typical ending in korean drama.. both died or one died of sickness..bah.. worse is it becomes draggy :unsure:

silvermug

Post by silvermug » Nov 19th, '06, 23:14

ahhh... don't care whether the rating's good or bad... as long as i get to watch HB, that's fine. hehe.

he's hotter in long hair :P

XxLenaxX

Post by XxLenaxX » Nov 28th, '06, 05:27

YAYYY! the eng subs for the first epi is already out guys! Go check it out in the subtitles section! cant wait to download, finally get to see Binnie! Way to go sub team, u guys are awesome!!! soo fast! ^_^

marvelous
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by marvelous » Nov 28th, '06, 19:35

Episode 5 gets pretty good... :thumright:

ohoud

Post by ohoud » Nov 29th, '06, 22:27

marvelous wrote:Episode 5 gets pretty good... :thumright:

WoW ..
Lucky U :salut: ..
I Watched Only The First Episode .. I Downloaded The Second But U Know :whistling: We Have To Waith For The Subtitle :cry: ..

Does It Get Any Better Than The First Episode :w00t: ??

MzMina

Post by MzMina » Dec 1st, '06, 01:17

Just finished watching the first epi, it's very good! Goo0o Hyun Bin! his acting is getting better and better...cant wait to watch epi 2! doenst make sense to me how low the ratings are, it's really good so far, this one has potential.

malay_tiger

Korean dramas - SNOW QUEEN [live-action] thread !!!

Post by malay_tiger » Dec 1st, '06, 06:55

Lets talk about SNOW QUEEN

here's some pics about this currently airing dramas... credits to farha

[img]http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c59/c ... _06_11.jpg[/img]

[img]http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c59/c ... _08_06.jpg[/img]

[img]http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c59/c ... 106103.jpg[/img]

so lets share some information here... :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

ohoud

Post by ohoud » Dec 1st, '06, 16:34

I LOVE This Drama ..
I Watched Only The First Episode ,, I Have The Second But I Didn't See It Yet (( No Subtitle :crazy: )) ..

I Liked The Plot And The Way It Started ,, And I LOVED The Little Girl :wub: ,, She Is Very Cute And Talented ..
I Also Liked The Kind Of Friendship That The 2 Boys Had With Each Other ..

Very Good Drama :thumright: ,, I Can't Wait To See The Next Episode :cry: ..

kaci

Please vote for Hyun Bin for better acting skill !

Post by kaci » Dec 1st, '06, 16:56

Please vote for Hyun Bin for better acting skill !:salut:
http://people.naver.com/poll/detail.nhn ... al&id=1825

farha

Post by farha » Dec 1st, '06, 17:40

Thanx malay_tiger for starting this thread. Currently the drama just aired 13 November 2006 and D-Fansubbers are making the Subs.

The story is an adaptation of Hans Christian Anderson fairy tale titled "The Sow Queen". This story star Hyun Bin & Song Yuri.

Come supprt this thread and let's discuss your opinion on the drama itself.

A pic of the book

[img]http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c59/c ... le0028.jpg[/img]

farha

Post by farha » Dec 1st, '06, 18:06

POSTING FROM THE SUBS THREAD----- CREDIT MANGOSTEEN
mangosteen wrote:[img]http://img154.imageshack.us/img154/4017 ... eenex9.jpg[/img]

Pictures credit to Snow Queen official thread @ Soompi. Poster by mangosteen.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
DRAMA INFO

* Station: KBS2
* Airring started on November 13, 2006
* Air Time: Monday/Tuesday @ 9:55 PM (Korea time), replacing Cloud Stairway
* Screenwriters: Kim Eun Hee and Yoon Eun Gyeong (Winter Sonata)
* Producer: Lee Hyeong Min (I'm Sorry, I Love You)
* No. of Episodes: 16
* Genre: Romance, Drama
* Official Sites:
http://www.thesnowqueen.co.kr
http://www.kbs.co.kr/drama/snowqueen/index.html

Credit to Greentea & SeReNiTy @Soompi

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
SYNOPSIS

[img]http://img85.imageshack.us/img85/4605/c ... qv4rn1.jpg[/img]

[img]http://www.thesnowqueen.co.kr/sub/img/d ... engao8.jpg[/img]

Credit to fishrain from soompi/hyunbinchina

CAST

Hyun Bin - Han Tae Woong/Han Deuk Gu
Sung Yuri - Kim Bo Ra
Im Ju Hwan - Seo Gun Woo
Yoo In Young - Lee Seung Ri

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
CLUBBOX DOWNLOADS

http://clubbox.co.kr/samshiki
http://clubbox.co.kr/creidesca
http://clubbox.co.kr/sylver
http://clubbox.co.kr/mandyquyen

You can also download from D-Addict's Tracker.
For more information, please read FAQs thread.

Subtitle thread

http://www.d-addicts.com/forum/viewtopic_41850.htm

XxLenaxX

Re: Please vote for Hyun Bin for better acting skill !

Post by XxLenaxX » Dec 1st, '06, 18:45

kaci wrote:Please vote for Hyun Bin for better acting skill !:salut:
Ughh I cant believe that other guy is beating Binnie by half! I dont even know who he is and I cant read his korean name since I'm not korean. could anyone tell me who that guy is? he's not very cute =/...let's all support Binnie!

Just finished watching the first epi last night on youtube, i'm already hooked! the first epi's very good! it was really sad though, and i have a feelingit's gonna get sadder but it is still very interesting, good plot. cant wait for eng subs for the 2nd epi! his hair looked kinda weird in the first part, but still so cute. Poor guy, looks like he lost quite a bit of weight. Thanks to everyone who makes the episodes w/ subs possible, u guys are so0 awesome for working so fast! =)

XxLenaxX

Post by XxLenaxX » Dec 1st, '06, 18:51

I just finished watching the first episode last night and it was really good! cant wait for me! At first, I was only watching it for Hyun Bin b/c i'm usually more for comedies, but this looks like it's gonna be a good drama...i'm already hooked! Hyun Bin's acting is great..cant wait to see more of it!

Serentiy01
Fansubber
Fansubber

Re: Please vote for Hyun Bin for better acting skill !

Post by Serentiy01 » Dec 1st, '06, 21:04

XxLenaxX wrote:
kaci wrote:Please vote for Hyun Bin for better acting skill !:salut:
Ughh I cant believe that other guy is beating Binnie by half! I dont even know who he is and I cant read his korean name since I'm not korean. could anyone tell me who that guy is? he's not very cute =/...let's all support Binnie!

Just finished watching the first epi last night on youtube, i'm already hooked! the first epi's very good! it was really sad though, and i have a feelingit's gonna get sadder but it is still very interesting, good plot. cant wait for eng subs for the 2nd epi! his hair looked kinda weird in the first part, but still so cute. Poor guy, looks like he lost quite a bit of weight. Thanks to everyone who makes the episodes w/ subs possible, u guys are so0 awesome for working so fast! =)
The other guy is Kang Ji Hwan, and I'm also surprised that he's beating Binnie in that poll.

As for SQ, Binnie had to lose about 6 - 7 kg (about 12 - 14 lbs) for his role. SQ is getting more and more interesting. Can't wait till Monday~! :w00t:

chayeh

Post by chayeh » Dec 1st, '06, 21:10

I voted Hyun Bin ! ^^
Love Snow Queen, it's good to see Binnie in a sad drama, it's not the same in KimSamSoon even though he was so good in it !

XxLenaxX

Post by XxLenaxX » Dec 2nd, '06, 02:44

ohh so that's who that guy is, yeah...i cant believe he's beating Hyun Bin by that much, he's not cute and he's not that well known, well i def. didnt know him =/..but yeah, let's just keep showin' our love for binnie! =) Awws...no wonder his face looked thinner, wow that's quite a bit of weight!! i would think they'd make him buff up instead of slim down since he's playing the role of a boxer. that's weird.

OhhhH..Serenity! arent u one of the ppl that's on the team to sub this series? 'cuz i think i saw your name at the beginning credits for SQ epi 1. Do you know when the 2nd epi will have eng subs? b/c alot of the episodes are already posted on youtube but they dont have eng subs. just wondering when so i can check back on it..cant wait to watch more it, it's really good! and btw, thanks to you and your team for subbing this! u guys rock! ^_^

marvelous
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by marvelous » Dec 2nd, '06, 03:51

Drama for your mama... It gets really good in episode 5...

Good for teen boppers and beyond...
That little girl is Hyun Bin's love interest when she grows up

marvelous
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by marvelous » Dec 2nd, '06, 03:54

ohoud wrote:

WoW ..
I Watched Only The First Episode .. I Downloaded The Second But U Know :whistling: We Have To Waith For The Subtitle :cry: ..

Time for you to learn Korean... :lol

The first couple of episodes is just building up the story line... Later it's hug time... :wub:

ohoud

Post by ohoud » Dec 2nd, '06, 12:19

marvelous wrote:
ohoud wrote:

WoW ..

Time for you to learn Korean... :lol

The first couple of episodes is just building up the story line... Later it's hug time... :wub:

Haha ,, I'm Still At The Beginig ,, I'll Need A Year Or 2 To Learn It Like This :crazy:

Serentiy01
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by Serentiy01 » Dec 3rd, '06, 00:09

XxLenaxX wrote:ohh so that's who that guy is, yeah...i cant believe he's beating Hyun Bin by that much, he's not cute and he's not that well known, well i def. didnt know him =/..but yeah, let's just keep showin' our love for binnie! =) Awws...no wonder his face looked thinner, wow that's quite a bit of weight!! i would think they'd make him buff up instead of slim down since he's playing the role of a boxer. that's weird.

OhhhH..Serenity! arent u one of the ppl that's on the team to sub this series? 'cuz i think i saw your name at the beginning credits for SQ epi 1. Do you know when the 2nd epi will have eng subs? b/c alot of the episodes are already posted on youtube but they dont have eng subs. just wondering when so i can check back on it..cant wait to watch more it, it's really good! and btw, thanks to you and your team for subbing this! u guys rock! ^_^
HAHAHA....HB's face slimmed down but his body is buffer now. :w00t:

Yup, I'm in the subbing team for SQ and mangosteen released episode 2 subs already. :) Thanks so much for your support~! :thumright:

cees

Post by cees » Dec 3rd, '06, 13:30

can some give me the subtitle thread URL of this drama bcoz i couldnt find it in the subs list???

ohoud

Post by ohoud » Dec 3rd, '06, 14:23

cees wrote:can some give me the subtitle thread URL of this drama bcoz i couldnt find it in the subs list???

Here ...
http://www.d-addicts.com/forum/viewtopic_41850.htm

ohoud

Post by ohoud » Dec 3rd, '06, 14:29

Episode 2 Was SoOoOo Good ..
I LOVE Bo-Ra ,, She's Very Pretty And Very Cute ,, And She Acts Very Well ..
She Portrayed The Snobby And Spoiled Role Very Well ..

Spoiler For Episode 2 ..
Why Do I Feel That Her Oppa Is His Friend :scratch: ??
Don't U Guys Have This Feeling :O ??

Thank U Subbers ,, U R The Best :salut: ..

XxLenaxX

Post by XxLenaxX » Dec 3rd, '06, 18:53

Serentiy01 wrote:
HAHAHA....HB's face slimmed down but his body is buffer now. :w00t:

Yup, I'm in the subbing team for SQ and mangosteen released episode 2 subs already. :) Thanks so much for your support~! :thumright:
U're totally right..his face is slimmer, but his body has gotten alot buffer! His muscles are really toned now...danG sexy! ^_^ who0o... I read he had to do alot of training for this role, he trained so hard that he had alot of calluses on his hands and they had to stop filming oor thing..but he portrays his role very well, a total transformation from his role in MNIKSS...nice to see his acting abilities grow.

hmmm..somehow, I'm having troubles DLing the second epi with subs..=/ can anyone help me?

alecs

Post by alecs » Dec 4th, '06, 11:52

ohoud wrote:Episode 2 Was SoOoOo Good ..

Spoiler For Episode 2 ..

i thought so too. the clues are there in the 2nd ep. i haven't watched the other epi but i have thme up to ep 6. can't wait to dl the next epi which will be shown tonight.

anyways, i wanna ask if anyone has the ratings for this drama???

another thing...

can anyone tell me
what is Bora's illness? there was a term mentioned in the 2nd ep but i didn't know exactly what it does to one's body.

cees

Post by cees » Dec 4th, '06, 13:55

thanx ohoud for ur help......i finally found it

ohoud

Post by ohoud » Dec 4th, '06, 17:04

alecs wrote:
ohoud wrote:Episode 2 Was SoOoOo Good ..

Spoiler For Episode 2 ..

i thought so too. the clues are there in the 2nd ep. i haven't watched the other epi but i have thme up to ep 6. can't wait to dl the next epi which will be shown tonight.

another thing...

can anyone tell me
what is Bora's illness? there was a term mentioned in the 2nd ep but i didn't know exactly what it does to one's body.

I Have No Idea ,, She Told The Doctor And I Tried To Translate It In My Language But I Didn't Find Any Thing ..

Can U Kindly Tell Me From Where U Downloaded Them ??
Thanx Anyway :salut: ..

ohoud

Post by ohoud » Dec 4th, '06, 17:05

cees wrote:thanx ohoud for ur help......i finally found it
U R Welcome :)

anhnie

Post by anhnie » Dec 5th, '06, 07:41

alecs wrote:
The ratings so far are:

Episode 2: 8.2% (Nationwide)
Episode 3: 6.0%
Episode 4: Seoul: #20 - 8.3% | Nationwide: #19 - 8.9%
Episode 5: 7.4%
Episode 6: 8.7%

Dont get why the ratings are so low right now, 'cuz after watching the first epi subbed, i'm totally lovin' it! man i'm already hooked! cant wait for more!

marvelous
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by marvelous » Dec 5th, '06, 09:52

Perhaps because of Jumong? Jumong has been #1 spot... I don't know maybe they fill the same time slot...

It's also on KBS... Not everyone's favorite channel... MBC and SBS are head to head while KBS lacks...

This is also very teen boppy... High schooler stuff... Although quite good and I had tear in my eye tonight... :cry: Hyun Bin recently got famous after SamSoon... Other than that he wasn't too known even though he made movies...

alecs

Post by alecs » Dec 5th, '06, 14:00

ohoud wrote:
Can U Kindly Tell Me From Where U Downloaded Them ??
Thanx Anyway :salut: ..[/b]
the episodes?

i dl the 350mb files cause i don't have much space in my pc. i dl it from mandyquyen's clubbox.

anhnie rhanks for the ratings. they're indeed low. but it's a great drama. and most of its viewer's just watch online. they don't count online viewership in the ratings right?

anyways, i hope this will get better ratings soon. either way, we're here to watch.

anhnie

Post by anhnie » Dec 6th, '06, 06:30

alecs wrote:

anhnie rhanks for the ratings. they're indeed low. but it's a great drama. and most of its viewer's just watch online. they don't count online viewership in the ratings right?

anyways, i hope this will get better ratings soon. either way, we're here to watch.
no prob alecs! yeah you're right, most of us view it online anyways. I think the ratings are based on how many housewives or women tune in to watch TV dramas in Korea and this series is more for younger people and I guess ppl dont catch on to dramas as quickly as comedies. But i'm sure the ratings will get better, the series is def. gettin' more and more interesting! Sung Yuri's acting has improved alot and of course, we're always gonna be supporting our Binnie!

myke

Post by myke » Dec 6th, '06, 14:55

Well....just finish watching the 1st ep....

After that I feel that this story is interesting and may be sad story... :roll
1st ep great with the back song is slow...

and I think I will follow this story till the end... :mrgreen:

MzMina

Post by MzMina » Dec 8th, '06, 06:46

Just finished watching the first 3 episodes, it's hecka good so far! I'm hoooked. Hyun Bin's personality is adorable! he's so sweet but manly at the same time...i mean dude look at those guns! heck yeaHhH..hotness! lol cant wait to watch more, I think the love story's gonna be really sad but really sweet. I must say, Sung Yuri's acting improved alot. She's really cute in this one.

Thanks to the sub team for releasing it so quickly, u guys rock my world! Keep it comin' guys! ^_^

choisim

Post by choisim » Dec 9th, '06, 00:09

Have been downloading the Ep 2 onwards from clubbox but after the download tried to watch it over realplayer but encountered problem as the screen was black but sound was there. Is anybody out there encountering the same problem? Any solution??

anhnie

Post by anhnie » Dec 9th, '06, 05:04

choisim wrote:Have been downloading the Ep 2 onwards from clubbox but after the download tried to watch it over realplayer but encountered problem as the screen was black but sound was there. Is anybody out there encountering the same problem? Any solution??
Hey choisim, I had trouble DLing it from clubbox too so I had my brother upload it on his comp and send it to me as link, and it was very easy to DL and open. Here's the uploaded link that you can DL it from, just DL the subtitles from the subtitles section in d-addicts, and open it up with the file and it should work.

Snow Queen, Epi 2:

http://www.mediafire.com/?3ye1j0jzyln

and Epi 3:

http://www.mediafire.com/?6njoxhzajko

Good luck and let me know if it doesnt work! =) hope it works for ya.

skachild

Post by skachild » Dec 10th, '06, 19:13

anhnie wrote:
alecs wrote:
The ratings so far are:

Episode 2: 8.2% (Nationwide)
Episode 3: 6.0%
Episode 4: Seoul: #20 - 8.3% | Nationwide: #19 - 8.9%
Episode 5: 7.4%
Episode 6: 8.7%

Dont get why the ratings are so low right now, 'cuz after watching the first epi subbed, i'm totally lovin' it! man i'm already hooked! cant wait for more!
WHAT...!!???? :O :O :O
not even 10%... thats must be some problem here.... its it true that this drama was airing at the same time with jumong...? i better check it out at soompi or wiki :unsure:
i really enjoy watching this drama..definitely a great drama... the rating shouldn't be like this... :x

Serentiy01
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by Serentiy01 » Dec 11th, '06, 07:03

skachild wrote: WHAT...!!???? :O :O :O
not even 10%... thats must be some problem here.... its it true that this drama was airing at the same time with jumong...? i better check it out at soompi or wiki :unsure:
i really enjoy watching this drama..definitely a great drama... the rating shouldn't be like this... :x
It's true that SQ has low ratings because of Jumong, but this drama has been getting good reviews. Good reviews are more important than ratings, right? :-)

khmai_kandi22

Post by khmai_kandi22 » Dec 11th, '06, 07:19

Snow Queen Episode 3 Hardsubbed
Is Now Available on Clubbox,
Go Download It First Before It's Release On DA Tomorrow!

http://clubbox.co.kr/Kandi

anhnie

Post by anhnie » Dec 11th, '06, 08:06

Serentiy01 wrote:
skachild wrote: WHAT...!!???? :O :O :O
It's true that SQ has low ratings because of Jumong, but this drama has been getting good reviews. Good reviews are more important than ratings, right? :-)
Really? That's awesome! Good to hear b/c it is a very good drama so far: interesting plot, beautiful cinematography, and good acting/chemistry between the two leads. I agree, reviews are more important than ratings b/c ratings are based on how many ppl watch it in just Korea, but good reviews will get ppl from anywhere in the world to watch it.

Oh yeah, do you know where I can find those reviews? I'd like to read some of them. Or if you post some of them in this thread, that's be great. Thanks in advance!

pristina

Post by pristina » Dec 11th, '06, 11:16

hope the ratings will improve....

XxLenaxX

Post by XxLenaxX » Dec 11th, '06, 18:46

yeah I hope the ratings will improve too, but eh, even if it doesnt...doesnt change how much I like the drama so far. And it seems to be a hit at this forum so far so seems like ppl agree that it is good.

3rd epi is so good...I love how binnie doesnt put up w/ her crap, they're so cute together! Anxiously awaiting the 4th epi subbed to come out! Thanks for the hardsubs subbing team! =)

ohoud

Post by ohoud » Dec 12th, '06, 15:55

WoW ..
Episode 3 Rocks :w00t: ..

Spoiler For Episode 3 ..
Oh My ,, The Doctor Is So Cool 8) ,, I Loved The Way He Treated Her ,, His Behavior Is Very Manly , He Looks Like A Kid Though :blink ..
And I Liked The Slap :whistling: ,, This Girl Is One Arrogant Lady :mrgreen: ..

Annessa

Post by Annessa » Dec 12th, '06, 21:09

not surprised at the ratings... i think most of Korea is bored of this type of storyline.

i just can't get myself to care for watching this drama, no matter how much i like hyun bin

Serentiy01
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by Serentiy01 » Dec 12th, '06, 22:33

Here's a Korean article about SQ's 1,000,000 online viewers. If someone can translate the article, thanks in advance.

`눈의 여왕` 온라인 대박!...VOD 100만명 시청

Google translation of the article tite:
"Snow Queen" on-line big hit! VOD (Videos On Demand) 1,000,000 people are watching.

‘일주일 동안 무려 100만명이 시청...’
[TV 리포트] KBS 2TV 미니시리즈 ‘눈의 여왕’이 온라인상에서 가장 인기 있는 드라마인 것으로 밝혀졌다.

지난 한주동안 KBS 홈페이지 VOD서비스의 조회수를 살펴본 결과, ‘눈의 여왕’을 본 네티즌들은 무려 100만명. VOD서비스가 방송을 찾아봐야 하는 능동적인 형태의 시청방식인 점을 감안한다면 대단한 기록이 아닐 수 없다.

‘눈의 여왕’은 방송 첫 주, 각종 포털사이트의 드라마 검색 순위 상위를 기록함과 동시에 VOD 다시보기 서비스에서 폭발적인 클릭수를 기록, 화려한 온라인 신고식을 치뤘다.

이는 현재까지도 이어져 첫 주, KBS 전체 프로그램 중 5위로 출발했던 순위가 5, 6부가 방송된 3주차에 들어서면서 ‘황진이’, ‘열아홉순정’, ‘소문난칠공주’, ‘대조영’ 등의 인기작들을 제치고 1위에 오르는 기염을 토했다. 이쯤 되면 시청률로 인기를 가늠하다는 게 사실상 무색할 정도.

이에 대해 제작사 ‘윤스칼라’의 박인택 대표는 “동시간대 경쟁작 ‘주몽’ 때문에 시청률면에선 고전을 면치 못하고 있지만, 시청률이 전부는 아니라고 본다”며 “재방송도 없고, 방송3사 중 유일하게 무료 VOD서비스를 하는 악조건이지만, 매회 수십만 명의 시청자들이 인터넷과 케이블TV로 드라마를 본다는 소식은 배우들과 스태프들에게 더없는 힘이 되어주고 있는 상황이다”고 소감을 전했다.

현재 ‘눈의 여왕’은 태웅(현빈)과 보라(성유리) 커플의 본격적인 멜로 라인이 가동하기 시작하며 극의 재미가 더해가고 있는 상황. 지금의 기세대로라면 온라인이 아닌 오프라인에서의 시청률 상승도 기대해 봐도 좋을듯 싶다.

[김진도 기자 / rainfilm@naver.com]

Source: http://www.starment.com/stars/view.asp? ... 003&Page=1

-------

Someone, PLEASE explain to me how this drama is boring. Low ratings do not AUTOMATICALLY mean the drama is bad. MBC's "Jumong" has 40%+ ratings because there are many loyal viewers. KBS's "Snow Queen" and SBS's "Snowflakes" have lower ratings because of the competitive Jumong. Many Koreans watched it online and of course that doesn't count towards the TV ratings. It's not fair to judge any drama solely based on the ratings.

------

Now the question is WHY would KBS2 choose to broadcast "Snow Queen" during the same timeslot as Jumong?

Here's a little info:

It wasn't entirely a coincidence for the debut airing to schedule on Nov 13.

TW's buddy, Jeong Kyu aspired to be another Kim Duk Koo, the late South Korean modern legendary boxer (to win at the International Mathematical Olympiad was NOT his dream, but his father's) who died in 1982 (the year both TW & SK were born) after a bout with Ray Mancini.

The below was taken from Wikipedia:
Kim was a hot fighter in his region who had won 12 straight bouts when he was assigned by the WBA as the world's number 1 challenger to world Lightweight champion Ray Mancini. Prophetically, he wrote the message "kill or be killed" on his Las Vegas hotel room's mirror only days before the bout.

Mancini and Kim met in an arena outside Caesar's Palace on November 13, 1982. In what many ringside observers have described as an "action-packed" fight, Mancini and Kim went toe to toe for a good portion of the bout, but by the latter rounds, Mancini began to dominate the young challenger. Spent and battered, Kim went into round 14 with little left and Mancini dropped him. He got up, but the fight was stopped and Mancini retained the title.

Minutes after the fight was over, Kim collapsed into a coma, and was taken to a hospital. Emergency brain surgery was performed there to try to save him, but that effort proved to be futile, as Kim died 5 days after the bout on November 18.

The Aftermath
Mancini went through a period of reflection, as he blamed himself for Kim's death. After friends helped him by telling him that it was just an accident, Mancini was able to go on with his career, but Kim's death would always haunt him. The bout's referee, Richard Greene, committed suicide in February of 1983, and so did Kim's mother, four months later.

Credits to http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Duk_Koo_Kim and http://www.hyunbinsky.com

The Snow Queen was written based on the elements from Hans Christian Andersen's book AND it's a tribute to Korea's lengendary boxer, Kim Deuk Gu.

I give the SQ team a lot of props for their efforts to air this drama exactly on November 13.

MzMina

Post by MzMina » Dec 13th, '06, 03:10

Serentiy01 wrote:Here's a Korean article about SQ's 1,000,000 online viewers. If someone can translate the article, thanks in advance.

`눈의 여왕` 온라인 대박!...VOD 100만명 시청

Google translation of the article tite:
"Snow Queen" on-line big hit! VOD (Videos On Demand) 1,000,000 people are watching.

-------

Someone, PLEASE explain to me how this drama is boring. Low ratings do not AUTOMATICALLY mean the drama is bad. MBC's "Jumong" has 40%+ ratings because there are many loyal viewers. KBS's "Snow Queen" and SBS's "Snowflakes" have lower ratings because of the competitive Jumong. Many Koreans watched it online and of course that doesn't count towards the TV ratings. It's not fair to judge any drama solely based on the ratings.

------

Now the question is WHY would KBS2 choose to broadcast "Snow Queen" during the same timeslot as Jumong?

Here's a little info:

It wasn't entirely a coincidence for the debut airing to schedule on Nov 13.

TW's buddy, Jeong Kyu aspired to be another Kim Duk Koo, the late South Korean modern legendary boxer (to win at the International Mathematical Olympiad was NOT his dream, but his father's) who died in 1982 (the year both TW & SK were born) after a bout with Ray Mancini.

The below was taken from Wikipedia:
Kim was a hot fighter in his region who had won 12 straight bouts when he was assigned by the WBA as the world's number 1 challenger to world Lightweight champion Ray Mancini. Prophetically, he wrote the message "kill or be killed" on his Las Vegas hotel room's mirror only days before the bout.

Mancini and Kim met in an arena outside Caesar's Palace on November 13, 1982. In what many ringside observers have described as an "action-packed" fight, Mancini and Kim went toe to toe for a good portion of the bout, but by the latter rounds, Mancini began to dominate the young challenger. Spent and battered, Kim went into round 14 with little left and Mancini dropped him. He got up, but the fight was stopped and Mancini retained the title.

Minutes after the fight was over, Kim collapsed into a coma, and was taken to a hospital. Emergency brain surgery was performed there to try to save him, but that effort proved to be futile, as Kim died 5 days after the bout on November 18.

The Aftermath
Mancini went through a period of reflection, as he blamed himself for Kim's death. After friends helped him by telling him that it was just an accident, Mancini was able to go on with his career, but Kim's death would always haunt him. The bout's referee, Richard Greene, committed suicide in February of 1983, and so did Kim's mother, four months later.

Credits to http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Duk_Koo_Kim and http://www.hyunbinsky.com

The Snow Queen was written based on the elements from Hans Christian Andersen's book AND it's a tribute to Korea's lengendary boxer, Kim Deuk Gu.

I give the SQ team a lot of props for their efforts to air this drama exactly on November 13.
Wow...I didnt know this series had so much historical background, it makes it even more meaningful to watch, I love watching stories that are somewhat linked to a true story. So Hyun Bin's character is going thru the same emotions Mancini did, it makes more sense now. That is a really sad story and I'm very interested to see how Hyun Bin's character moves along with his life. Thanks for the background info Serentity! It was really interesting.

And yeah, I dont see how SQ is boring at all, it is actually a really unique story based on what it's based off of. Just b/c Jumong is getting better ratings does not mean that the quality of SQ is not as good, b/c not all ppl watch series thru tv. And while Jumong as loyal tv audience support, SQ has very loyal online audience support b/c dangGg..1,000,000 viewers? wow...hehe, i myself, am a very loyal online fan b/c i need the subbing and I really cant wait for the next epi to come out. I'm hooked.

This really is a quality series and the ratings should not bring down its content value. Ignore the ratings and give it a chance.

wail

Post by wail » Dec 13th, '06, 06:19

Annessa wrote:not surprised at the ratings... i think most of Korea is bored of this type of storyline.

i just can't get myself to care for watching this drama, no matter how much i like hyun bin
ar u sure u luv binnie?! :blink coz your action is saying otherwise...coz even non binie or SYR lover will still truly be able to appreciate the great artistry and storytelling...let alone their superb acting.
what type of storyline ar u talking about?! this is a mesmerizing touching portrait of all kinds of luv...if that's boring...is it coz u dun get any?! :whistling:

babyxdorkii

Post by babyxdorkii » Dec 13th, '06, 06:38

^^ yeh itz true i got to say the ratings don't do the drama any justice....the drama is really good!! im loving it....but i also like both the hyunbin and yuri :D

fwenatic

Post by fwenatic » Dec 14th, '06, 17:59

omg it's good??
definitely wanna c it!!!
ah it's been so long since i dwloaded a drama
hyun bin rocks!!
hmmm so now he's still acting or taking a break??

chocoholix

Post by chocoholix » Dec 14th, '06, 19:07

wail wrote:
Annessa wrote:not surprised at the ratings... i think most of Korea is bored of this type of storyline.

ar u sure u luv binnie?! :blink coz your action is saying otherwise...coz even non binie or SYR lover will still truly be able to appreciate the great artistry and storytelling...let alone their superb acting.
what type of storyline ar u talking about?! this is a mesmerizing touching portrait of all kinds of luv...if that's boring...is it coz u dun get any?! :whistling:
its not very fair for u to say that... :cry:

i think its already established that annessa does like hyun bin (as according to her post) but is just not a fan of this particular drama. besides honest criticism is always better than blind obsession ne? :-)

to be fair, this has been a well explored theme in kdramas already,
well maybe not to the exact same details but we've seen the terminal diesease, rich-girl poor-guy, long lost childhood lovers, bodyguard and spoilt brat, and the normal sappy story lines quite often already

haha, to be honest at one point i was sick of it too, but thank god i had a breather with some fresher idea type kdramas (my girl, my love in prague, goong, alone in love, soulmate) to restore my love for kdramas in general :lol

i do agree however that the actors here are fantastic, Sung Yuri seems to have improved a great deal and is playing bora really well. and seeing hyun bin here is a nice change from his usual roles...

i do hope that ppl will give this drama a chance coz it seems promising and despite everthing, its worth a watch even just for the cast, coz somehow or rather they make the audience engrossed with the drama (or at least they made me engrossed even tho i wasnt too keen with the plot) :wub:

babyxdorkii

Post by babyxdorkii » Dec 15th, '06, 02:08

anyone have any fanmade banenrs fo this drama?? ones with both hyunbin and yuri

skachild

Post by skachild » Dec 17th, '06, 07:56

alecs

Post by alecs » Dec 17th, '06, 14:29

thanks for the ng caps skachild.

also, thanks Serentiy01 for the background info. it made me appreciate this drama a lot more.

i am a not a fan of either actors nor am i a fan of tear-jerky dramas. and although i find this drama to be so similar to MISA and Ijuksa, i still love it. it has its flaws but it has brilliant aspects also.

and because of my love for this drama, i've decided to spare my time into making a fanmade MV which i wanted to dedicate to the entire D-fansubs team and all the Snow queen fans all over the world.

Snow Queen MV
by: alecs

Song: You'll be safe here
Artist: Rivermaya (filipino band)

Link: http://www.megaupload.com/?d=LLZIZ8Z0

hope you all like this. comments will be very much appreciated.

eternalblu

Post by eternalblu » Dec 22nd, '06, 20:07

I just started watching this and its pretty good so far .

Um i was wondering if anyone knows what ringtone Bora uses in this drama, I believe she uses it in eps 3 and 4 at least

Thanks

thislove

Post by thislove » Dec 23rd, '06, 21:27

I heard from my friend that this drama is really good but many ppl have said the girl in this drama will kill the drama.

ohoud

Post by ohoud » Dec 25th, '06, 01:02

thislove wrote:I heard from my friend that this drama is really good but many ppl have said the girl in this drama will kill the drama.
On The Contrary ,, The Girl Is Really Good And Very Believable Too ..

I've Just Seen Episode 5 ..
It's Official I'm In Love With This Drama :wub: :wub: ..

Spoiler For Episode 5 ..
I'm Sure Now ,, Her Dead Oppa Is Douk Goh's Lost Friend ..
I Liked It When Bo-Ra Gave The Doctor A Chance With Her :whistling: I Mean It's Fun To Torture Her Man For A While With Another One :P ,, But The Doctor Is Quite Charming And Loving Too :roll ..
I CAN'T WAIT For The Next Episode To Come ,, The Preview Seemed Very VERY Good :D ..

mangosteen
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by mangosteen » Dec 25th, '06, 22:18

[img]http://img384.imageshack.us/img384/1484 ... ll1rq6.jpg[/img]

MERRY CHRISTMAS TO ALL SNOW QUEEN FANS!

From D r a m a F a n s u bs

geraldine

Post by geraldine » Dec 26th, '06, 03:43

hyun bin's acting ability really shows in this drama - this boy is really going so where..as for the gal, i dont really know her so i'm not being biased. I am currently watching both snow queen and one fine day in which she plays the leading actress. i dont like her both in these two drama. her acting is mediocre, so bland, so no substance..but she must being doing something right for her to be always getting these leading roles :scratch:

i hear the viewing rate in korea is doing not so good, i do hope it picks up - i love this drama so far and similarly, i dont like to watch depressing dramas that has a tendancy to drag usually but this one has somehow caught my attention..

STR8UPGSTATUS

Post by STR8UPGSTATUS » Dec 26th, '06, 10:55

Se Gun-won and Lee Soong-ri would've made an excellent couple in this...
http://i48.photobucket.com/albums/f219/ ... 152016.jpg
He is HOT in this pic, but what is that thing he calls a tie?! ^^

michsann

Post by michsann » Dec 26th, '06, 14:00

i love this drama ... this is my first time to post in d-addicts, but i regularly browse the threads just to check the drama subs, especially if i dont understand the subs in the dvds i bought ...

i really appreciate the effort the subbers are doing ... i wanna thank especially the subbers for snow queen ... you're the best ... i finished downloading the first four episodes yesterday, and yeah, i just found myself hooked on this drama already, and i cant wait for the other epis with english subs ... i know the subs for epi 5 are already released but ill just wait for the torrent files of english hardsubbed before i download them (in fairness, i can still control my addiction haha) ...

good work, guys! thank you very much =)

hyungJu

Post by hyungJu » Dec 27th, '06, 03:21

Just got done watching episode 4, this drama is good, i really like hyun bin in this. Im very excited to see the other episodes.

asiangirldee

Post by asiangirldee » Dec 27th, '06, 06:00

ooo soo exciting. i just finished episode 5 =O i cant wait... but I WILL!!!!

SPOILER
why does bora have to give the doctor a chance??? han tae woong/deuk gu gonna start studying again??

ohoud

Post by ohoud » Dec 27th, '06, 23:11

asiangirldee wrote:ooo soo exciting. i just finished episode 5 =O i cant wait... but I WILL!!!!

SPOILER
why does bora have to give the doctor a chance??? han tae woong/deuk gu gonna start studying again??
Well Why Not .. I Really Liked The Way He Secured Her When She Was Afraid ,, He Can Be With Her In Ways Han Tae Would Never Get ..
Yeah I Guess He's Heading Back To School As I Hope ,, I Really Liked It When They Were At School

OvertheRainbow

Post by OvertheRainbow » Dec 29th, '06, 01:14

Quick Question..How many episodes has aired in Korea so far?
I think I just finished watching episode 5 or 6 and that girl shows up!!!! I'm pretty sure she is the girl who proved that Tae-Woong was innocent when they accuse him of copying from a book. At first, I thought, its kinda late to add her to the plot since she Bora already knows who he is but then again, that girl could help them both realize that Tae-Woong's dead friend is Bora's dead brother and that was the reason why he didn't show up at the meeting......on another note, is it just me or was anyone else a little turned off by the beginning of the drama..the age difference was kinda big, probably because I didn't think of Hyun-Bin as a high schooler so it was kind of disturbing to me that they were love interests..

asiangirldee

Post by asiangirldee » Dec 29th, '06, 02:33

ohoud wrote:
asiangirldee wrote:ooo soo exciting. i just finished episode 5 =O i cant wait... but I WILL!!!!

SPOILER
Well Why Not .. I Really Liked The Way He Secured Her When She Was Afraid ,, He Can Be With Her In Ways Han Tae Would Never Get ..
Yeah I Guess He's Heading Back To School As I Hope ,, I Really Liked It When They Were At School
well i guess you're rite. i heard somewhere that, "marry somebody who loves you more than you love that person".... but i would like those who love each other to end up together =D hmmm wouldnt u think, if han tae woong goes back to school, he would be on par to compete w/ the doctor for bo-ra?

kyosak

Post by kyosak » Dec 29th, '06, 19:30

OvertheRainbow wrote:Quick Question..How many episodes has aired in Korea so far?
Up to episode 13 as of now. The series gets even better so keep on watching people!

ohoud

Post by ohoud » Dec 29th, '06, 20:44

asiangirldee wrote:
well i guess you're rite. i heard somewhere that, "marry somebody who loves you more than you love that person".... but i would like those who love each other to end up together =D hmmm wouldnt u think, if han tae woong goes back to school, he would be on par to compete w/ the doctor for bo-ra?
Don't Get Me Wrong I'm Always With Any Love Birds But Sometimes You Just Have To Go With The Second Best Choice ,, Yeah I Think U R Right If He Get Back To School He Wouldn't Be Ashamed Of His Condition And He Will Fight For Her Love Fairly

roguechinadoll

Post by roguechinadoll » Dec 31st, '06, 03:46

Somebody tell me if I should watch this kdrama, please! I really love HyunBin oppa and wanna see hhim act but I don't like really sad dramas. Is there enough comedy to keep me watching this show? :cry:

STR8UPGSTATUS

Post by STR8UPGSTATUS » Jan 2nd, '07, 04:50

roguechinadoll wrote:Somebody tell me if I should watch this kdrama, please! I really love HyunBin oppa and wanna see hhim act but I don't like really sad dramas. Is there enough comedy to keep me watching this show? :cry:
WATCH IT! You totally need to watch it if you're a Hyun Bin fan.
I'm not a big Hyun Bin fan at all (don't kill me! :lol ) And I LOVE Hyun Bin in this!
But it is pretty sad-ish... But I'm only on episode 9..

roguechinadoll

Post by roguechinadoll » Jan 2nd, '07, 22:40

OMG so much drama in just the first two episodes
I bet the girl dies, or TaeWoong goes back to school, becomes a doctor and finds a cure for her. What do you think will happen? :blink