Great Inheritance (KBS2, 2006)

Discuss Korean drama series here.
vang2k

Great Inheritance (KBS2, 2006)

Post by vang2k » May 12th, '06, 03:41

Hmm, dont' know if anyone posted about this drama yet but it has the lady from Wolf and also the guy from Wonderful life. It comes out every Weds&Thurs assuming thats when the files come out. Haven't really seen it but any input on this one?

farha

Post by farha » May 12th, '06, 16:40

GREAT INHERITANCE LQ (Eps 1-4) - Now available at my Club Box

http://clubbox.co.kr/crysalide

CREDIT TO ORIGINAL UPLOADER IN SOOMPI

I've have'nt watched this series yet but basically the stories revolves around Kim Jae Won as a gangster inherited his mother's kindergaden. Han Ji Min as one of the teachers.

credit :xosandy @ SOOMPI

Kang Hyun Se (강현세), a third rate gangster inherits a kindergarden from his dying mother. However, he must go through a teacher's training program before he can get it. Yoo Mi Rae (유미래) is a poor helpless kindergarten teacher from the school. The production team will be the same team that produced My Girl and Delightful Girl Chun-hyang. Script rehearsal will begin on April 11th, shooting two days later, and the show will start broadcasting on May 3 on KBS2 after the end of 굿바이 솔로 Goodbye Solo.

OFFICIAL WEBSITE
Last edited by farha on May 14th, '06, 14:26, edited 1 time in total.

vang2k

Post by vang2k » May 12th, '06, 16:49

since the producers of my girl made it, hopefully its good. =)

KoreanMania

Post by KoreanMania » May 14th, '06, 09:00

Thank you, farha for the brief sypnosis :D Seems like a good series, really looking forward to this one! :lol

King James

Post by King James » May 15th, '06, 02:06

vang2k wrote:since the producers of my girl made it, hopefully its good. =)
Same here! :D

PsychoWabbit
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by PsychoWabbit » May 15th, '06, 02:10

I love Kim Jae Won.. Can't wait to watch this too.. The dramas are out too quick.. i cant even catch up downloading them :blink
Anyone started watching this?

xxxAnaxxx

Post by xxxAnaxxx » May 16th, '06, 07:04

The drama is very funny :w00t:

coolestgirl

Post by coolestgirl » May 16th, '06, 08:59

Have anyone watched it?

xxxAnaxxx

Post by xxxAnaxxx » May 24th, '06, 06:13

Who is Lee Mi Sook as Go Ah Ra in the drama?

piccu

Post by piccu » May 24th, '06, 20:55

Is this drama worth downloading and as good as Choon-Hyang and My Girl?
IT's from the producers who produced Choon-Hyang and My Girl, but the ratings are far worse than theirs.
soompi forum wrote: Ratings of Great Inheritance:
Ep.1
Nationwide:
Seoul: 7.1%
Ep.2
18. Nationwide: 8.0%
14. Seoul: 8.2%
Ep.3
20. Nationwide: 6.6%
20. Seoul: 6.8%
Ep.4
Nationwide: 6.5%
Seoul: 6.1%
Ep.5
17. Nationwide: 8.4%
16. Seoul: 8.6%

nocturne

Post by nocturne » May 25th, '06, 18:31

I watched episodes 1-6 so far, and I like it a lot better than Choon Hyang. Maybe some people don't like this drama as much because it doesn't jump to a love triangle conflict yet, but I like it better that way. =]

myke

Post by myke » Jun 2nd, '06, 17:02

:lol :lol :lol
Just finish watching the 1st ep of The Great Inheritance.....
i feel this drama is really interesting.... with all the cute child in the drama :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Another gangster same as Oh Dal Gun sshi in Bad Family...

bhebhethartz

Post by bhebhethartz » Jun 9th, '06, 15:54

is the young teacher from dae jang geum, the female doctor??

gloria83

Post by gloria83 » Jun 14th, '06, 20:14

this drama is the best out there right now...everything else seems really boring or so so....but the two characters have great chemistry...

nocturne

Post by nocturne » Jun 15th, '06, 00:01

bhebhethartz wrote:is the young teacher from dae jang geum, the female doctor??
Yeah, she is. :)

myke

Post by myke » Jun 16th, '06, 19:43

nocturne wrote:
she is really cute is it? :wub: :wub: :wub:

emykina

Post by emykina » Jun 16th, '06, 19:47

myke wrote:
nocturne wrote:
she is really cute is it? :wub: :wub: :wub:
the kids lagi cute.. doncha think :mrgreen:

JKH

Post by JKH » Jun 21st, '06, 01:03

So this drama is funny, right? And is there going to be NO love triange at all? That would be different! I guess I'll give it a try then! \(^o^)/

bhebhethartz

Post by bhebhethartz » Jun 21st, '06, 13:41

yep, she's pretty :-) . even in dae jan geum, I kinda like her already. :thumleft: . hehe.. can't wait to watch this series :wub: :wub:

akai_14

Post by akai_14 » Jun 22nd, '06, 22:23

were can i download the ost ?

JKH

Post by JKH » Jun 23rd, '06, 02:04

http://clubbox.co.kr/iyagi has the OST
There's a link for non-member access and if you click on Great Inheritance on the side, it hass the OST for clubbox download

akai_14

Post by akai_14 » Jun 23rd, '06, 03:15

arigato!!! ive been lookin for it for a long time :cheers: bonza!!! !

skachild

Post by skachild » Jun 23rd, '06, 15:29

i want to download this series too....!!! :wub: :wub: :wub:
but not now, HD full space already(not yet buy dvd to burn all the series in my HD.!!)... :-( :-(
hope all the seeders for this series won run away lol hehehe.... :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

akai_14

Post by akai_14 » Jun 24th, '06, 06:50

is kang the little boy's dad? or what :blink i really jope he isn't :glare:
and that boys mom still likes him right!

JKH

Post by JKH » Jun 26th, '06, 01:42

akai_14 wrote:
is kang the little boy's dad? or what :blink i really jope he isn't :glare:
and that boys mom still likes him right!
OMGa!!!!!!!!!!!!! I have the EXACT same feeling as you! My sister was annoying me during Ep. 8 saying, "It must be! It is!" I was like "NOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"
No matter, I still like Kang with Teacher Yoo. Just need to get rid of Choi Si Wan, I don't like him. :glare:

doom89757

Post by doom89757 » Jun 30th, '06, 00:31

Uhmm how many epsiode does thsi drama have?? I know it alr in the 16ep, which ep only this dram will finished??

Suzumi

Post by Suzumi » Jun 30th, '06, 03:37

xD This series is very cute~ I enjoy it a lot, though I wish it had more ratings.

KyoAlexiel

To this show fans!

Post by KyoAlexiel » Jul 5th, '06, 01:13

Hi, For I would like to say that this show is very excellent and well done. I will have to admit it might be hard for most especially the guys to watch something with no action. But I have to say if you can deal with it for at least to 30 episodes. I am sure you will love this show. I love how Jang Geum's character develops and evolve so much.
Anyways for anyone who wishes to know this Drama is 54 episodes long. Which it may seem too long for most to even watch it but I would like to say you would be missing a very uniquely and well done story. I hope everyone continue to watch this show it is now one of my most favorite drama's ever! I also recommend another drama with the royal palace involved with a drama called The Imerpial Household. I am sure you will love that one too and is much shorter to compare to this show. But I am very sure that if you decide to watch that show just only because its short and skip this one because its long. I am sure your going to come looking for this drama! :thumright:
My personal rating for this show is 9.5/10

furelise
Fansubber
Fansubber

Re: To this show fans!

Post by furelise » Jul 9th, '06, 14:43

KyoAlexiel wrote:Hi, For I would like to say that this show is very excellent and well done. I will have to admit it might be hard for most especially the guys to watch something with no action. But I have to say if you can deal with it for at least to 30 episodes. I am sure you will love this show. I love how Jang Geum's character develops and evolve so much.
Anyways for anyone who wishes to know this Drama is 54 episodes long. Which it may seem too long for most to even watch it but I would like to say you would be missing a very uniquely and well done story. I hope everyone continue to watch this show it is now one of my most favorite drama's ever! I also recommend another drama with the royal palace involved with a drama called The Imerpial Household. I am sure you will love that one too and is much shorter to compare to this show. But I am very sure that if you decide to watch that show just only because its short and skip this one because its long. I am sure your going to come looking for this drama! :thumright:
My personal rating for this show is 9.5/10
Uh KyoAlexiel, i believe you are posting in the wrong thread. u should be posting this in the Dae Jang Geum thread instead :P

Back to Great Inheritance, I'm on ep 5 & loving it already.. so much fun to watch.. i have high hopes for this, knowing it came from the same team that produced My Girl :lol
i just don't know why the ratings are low.. :unsure:

Bam-Bam

Post by Bam-Bam » Jul 12th, '06, 09:34

Unfortunately, I heard this series is pretty bad.

Here's Han Ji-Min's thread:

http://www.d-addicts.com/forum/viewtopic_28143.htm

She's so freaking cute :wub: :wub:

Suzumi

Post by Suzumi » Jul 12th, '06, 11:23

Bam-Bam wrote:Unfortunately, I heard this series is pretty bad.

:\ Would you really depend on other people if a series is good or bad? This series may not have the horrifying love square where two of the people in love are evil and would do anything to rip the main couple apart and it may have the main guy be nice and honest rather than a big headed rich jerk like that majority of kdramas do, but it's practically it's own series that you'd love because it is different.

How can a series be judged bad if not everyone thinks that way? I really enjoy this series and can't see why it's bad. It may have a quick timeframe that confuses people at times, and there may be little details that need to be filled in, but someone would have to watch the whole series to get the details.

So, I just hope you've tried the series yourself to get feel for it and decide if you like the series yourself. :3 Han Ji-Min is unbelieveably cute in this series. >_< So cute~

vang2k

Post by vang2k » Jul 12th, '06, 15:45

Suzumi wrote:
Bam-Bam wrote:Unfortunately, I heard this series is pretty bad.

:\ Would you really depend on other people if a series is good or bad? This series may not have the horrifying love square where two of the people in love are evil and would do anything to rip the main couple apart and it may have the main guy be nice and honest rather than a big headed rich jerk like that majority of kdramas do, but it's practically it's own series that you'd love because it is different.

How can a series be judged bad if not everyone thinks that way? I really enjoy this series and can't see why it's bad. It may have a quick timeframe that confuses people at times, and there may be little details that need to be filled in, but someone would have to watch the whole series to get the details.

So, I just hope you've tried the series yourself to get feel for it and decide if you like the series yourself. :3 Han Ji-Min is unbelieveably cute in this series. >_< So cute~
Yeah I totally agree with you. A lot of people been saying they don't like this drama because people don't like jae-won and the kids. But the drama is more than just liking the people. It's about how they develope the characters and how they bond with eachother. This drama is actually different and offers everything you would want to see just at a slower pace. If only Wolf didn't have to be cancelled this show wouldn't get as much heat.

I'm also getting tired of those stupid love triangles and how every other girl actor has some sort of disease and you know they will die type of deal. I guess watching too many dramas can make you really sick and think stupid so you gotta lay off for awhile. thats just my 2 cents.

dettol

Post by dettol » Jul 13th, '06, 08:25

suprisingly the ratings is poor..
To my opinion, i think this series is good especially the kids. I'm still watching it. Now up to ep.8 and i kind of like it.

Kim Jae Won doesnt look like a gangster and a teacher too but i still enjoy looking at him. Haha.....he should learn to dress like a gangster and also a teacher. His dressing like those wokring for some corporate company.

I enjoy seeing Han Ji Min too, though she's acting so much like Lee Da Hae(My girl), was is because the producer demands so? Han Ji Min is very pretty. When she doesnt act cute, She's really very sweet. Her role in Jewel had already give me a strong impression on her.

shminda

Post by shminda » Jul 13th, '06, 09:16

this drama is turning into one of my all time favorites =] i love practically everything about it, and i agree dettol, kim jae won doesn't look much lke a gangster, but he plays his part well i think. and ha ji min is superb cute this is the first drama i've seen her in so it leaves a good impression =D

jukoh

Post by jukoh » Jul 14th, '06, 00:33

I've downloaded the LQ eps, too bad can't start watching because unable to get the subtitles. Can anyone help?

Jesette

Post by Jesette » Jul 14th, '06, 06:00

You know I don't have a PC at home to download korean drama series. So, I still have to wait for my friend to complete downloading before I could have a copy. I am sure I am going to enjoy this series. It seems it has a good storyline plus the fact that I like the performers in it.

noura

Post by noura » Jul 14th, '06, 22:37

I don't think the drama is bad at all...
Maybe what Suzumi & vang2k had said is true .. people just want the same romantic story ( I don't mind them though ) but I think some change would be refreshing ..
and the main actress is so CUTE :wub: I disagree with dettol when you said that she copies Lee da hea's character from "My Girl" it's just different.. I don't see any similaraties :scratch:
I'm enjoing this drama and the kids are funny and Cute!! I can't hold my laughter when they show up...
I'm enjoying the drama and I hope it won't drag in the latter episodes like most K-Dramas..

dettol

Post by dettol » Jul 15th, '06, 06:48

jukoh wrote:I've downloaded the LQ eps, too bad can't start watching because unable to get the subtitles. Can anyone help?
u can download here at d-addicts for the eng hardsub version....

arabian

Post by arabian » Jul 25th, '06, 06:18

i have watched this drama in T.V & it's really nice..
waiting to watch the last 2 episode this week..
:roll

hereford

Post by hereford » Jul 31st, '06, 11:31

i have watched this on and off on KBS. i really love it! its a really cute and funny drama, and it has its serious points. the little kids are so freakin cute too!
right now i am getting the episodes i have missed so far.

ps.. does anyone know the actors name that plays Mr Lee? the disgustingly adorable, always pouty teacher? hes SO cute in the face and in his role. even though its minor.

Suzumi

Post by Suzumi » Aug 1st, '06, 01:22

If anyone is interested in joining (and like fanlistings -__-;), I got The Great Inheritance fanlisting up~ This series is just so wonderful! :3

missxsee

Post by missxsee » Aug 1st, '06, 01:32

i LOVE THIS kDRAMA! iTS THE FiRST DRAMA ME AND MY SiSSY :P WATCH TOGETHER !! JUST WAiTIN FOR THE SUBBYS TO COME OUT! FiNISH 1-13 ALREADy! BUH THiS DRAMA iS SiMiLAR TO BADFAMiLY AS WELLS. AND A PART OF iT SEEMS SiMiLAR TO MR G0ODBYE ALSO, BUT iTS A AWESOME DRAMA!

xl Linh lx

Post by xl Linh lx » Aug 12th, '06, 01:32

missxsee wrote:i LOVE THIS kDRAMA! iTS THE FiRST DRAMA ME AND MY SiSSY :P WATCH TOGETHER !! JUST WAiTIN FOR THE SUBBYS TO COME OUT! FiNISH 1-13 ALREADy! BUH THiS DRAMA iS SiMiLAR TO BADFAMiLY AS WELLS. AND A PART OF iT SEEMS SiMiLAR TO MR G0ODBYE ALSO, BUT iTS A AWESOME DRAMA!
yeah it seems a lot of kdramas coming out now have to deal with the main guy or what nots being in or dealing with a gang. [if that's what you're referring to] xp what is up with that.

-- I was trying to watch Over the Rainbow, but when I saw there's more gang related stuff in it, I was tempted not to watch it [[ since I already watched this drama {which is great} and bad family {which is also great} and smile again! [ but the gang involvement in there wasn't as excessive as the other two] ]]

hope everyone gives this a try though. kjw, hjm, and the kids are extremely adorable. =D

Jesette

Post by Jesette » Aug 28th, '06, 04:15

For the last three (3) weeks, I've watched 3 consecutive k-drama series with male leads doing a gangster role, namely: One Fine Day, Love To Kill and this one Great Inheritance. I think this is a trend in Korea. Among the three lead actors, however, I find Kim Jae Won's role as adorable and charming. KJW may not be in my list of most good looking actors in Korea, but I find him very charming and everytime I watch his series, I am just so drawn to him. Probably because of his natural charm and and nice smile. His leading lady (Mi Rae), although very petite, blends with Jae Won in the small screen. And, I must say of the three leading ladies, her role is the most supportive to the lead male role, compared to One Fine Day and Love to Kill, making Great Inheritance a feel-good k-drama series. Very nice indeed!

kabe

Post by kabe » May 4th, '07, 14:15

:lol totally agree with everyone, this series so wonderful. KJW & HJM is a good couple, rite? n the kids so adorable. It's almost a year I watched it, but my emotions still remain. If someone asks me, which k-drama I luv best, u all know the answer hehehe Great Inheritance. I dont know why this drama give me a deep expression like that. Maybe it's FATE?????????
ITs rating low in Korea but I think n hope it will get a better raitng in another country. :cheers:
@SUZUMI YEah, I really really wanna have a space in fanlisting. I see ya signature n I think ya also a BIG fan of Great Inheritance, rite???? Nice to see u. Im a BIG fan, too. :P