Hello, Mr. God! (KBS2, 2006)

Discuss Korean drama series here.
hobbitwebgirly

Post by hobbitwebgirly » Apr 13th, '06, 21:13

nrg_hot330 wrote:i didn't see him in any tv shows. but his acting skill is very good. he was so into his role, when he plays as a retard..
I know I am so impressed by his acting. Not many actors can play mentally disabled people well, but he does such a good job!

nrg_hot330

Post by nrg_hot330 » Apr 14th, '06, 16:59

hobbitwebgirly wrote:
nrg_hot330 wrote:i didn't see him in any tv shows. but his acting skill is very good. he was so into his role, when he plays as a retard..
I know I am so impressed by his acting. Not many actors can play mentally disabled people well, but he does such a good job!
maybe it's becoz' of his innocent look. :roll

coolio_amanda

Post by coolio_amanda » Apr 14th, '06, 17:03

can you put the drama in the site... it seems to be nice :-)

hobbitwebgirly

Post by hobbitwebgirly » Apr 19th, '06, 20:04

"Hello God" just finished last night here in the Los Angeles area. It is officially one of my favorites now. I was crying for an hour! And the ending was just perfect. I think they did a really good job with the whole last episode actually. And they ended the series leaving you satisfied and knowing that both Eunhye and Haru were happy.

For anyone who hasn't seen this drama I would really recommend it.

bshater

Post by bshater » Apr 28th, '06, 00:36

Can someone reseed episodes 1-11 for this late comer? i tried clubbox but all of my downloads get stuck at some point. please reseed this.

Shina

Post by Shina » Apr 28th, '06, 09:05

i watch 13 episode ehh whats going on:/

miss_illusive

Post by miss_illusive » Apr 29th, '06, 17:20

hmmm what if i can't upload or download is thereanother siter where i can just look at it ?? like youtube or something?

Springrolls

Post by Springrolls » Apr 30th, '06, 22:52

I had read "Flowers for Algernon" a long time ago, and it was a good book. The book did not focus in the subject of love as much as the serie.

Does anyone who already watched the ending can give a detailed summary. I guess what I'm trying to ask is it a happy ending? I'm tired of sad ending and crying my eyes out.

I find the first episode to be enjoyable. The guy that played "Haru" is so adorable. I hope that Kim Ok Bin can dig deeper than the shell and realize that Haru can be a man that she can love and cherish.

koreancrazee

ost

Post by koreancrazee » May 2nd, '06, 06:59

can somebody help me with the english translation for the tracks and lyrics please. i would want to put hello god in my site but i won't be able to finish if i don't have the ost. thanks in advance. will let you know as soon as i'm done.

snowangel414

Post by snowangel414 » May 10th, '06, 01:25

Even though I've watched only ep 1 and 3, I have fallen for this drama. Each characters play their role very well. As a matter of fact, Haru is wonderful with his acting. It's not the typical sad drama that you watch - it's different and enticing. Just makes you think what will happen if so so and so so are together... or how will the story ends... etc...

I'm just patiently waiting for the completed subs. I really appreciate the ppl who make this drama possible for us to watch.

:wub:

sengyang

Post by sengyang » May 26th, '06, 16:19

can someone please help seed all episodes..... thank you

tdkyo

Post by tdkyo » May 26th, '06, 19:28

snowangel414 wrote:I'm just patiently waiting for the completed subs. I really appreciate the ppl who make this drama possible for us to watch.

:wub:
I've sent episode 2 subs to creidesca for review a couple of days ago (very late release indeed). Check the subtitles board to see updates.

lexis8609

Post by lexis8609 » May 30th, '06, 07:10

this series seems really good. due to the subs I could only see the first 3 eps but they are really really great. just cant wait to see the next.

garnet07

Post by garnet07 » Jun 2nd, '06, 06:46

I know I just watched it today and I'm already totally hooked on it. I've also read Flowers of Algernon and one of the best books ever. I've also seen so many American movie adaptation of the book and this will the first Korean drama to do it. So far, it seems really interesting. I soo think Haru is cute. Haha, hmm when he gets smarter, how will he act. Ooh can't wait. :roll
Waiting:
J: WatashiGaRenaiDekinaiRiyuu, HimitsuErika, NankyokuTairiku, KaseifuNoMita, NazotokiDinner
K: TreeWithDeepRoots, FlowerShop, Me2Flower
C: InTimeWithYou

ParkJS

Post by ParkJS » Jun 15th, '06, 01:13

I watched last episode yesterday. It's so beautiful and touching.
I really recommend to watch this drama. I seed all episodes everyday except at sleep time.

Kimba

Post by Kimba » Aug 11th, '06, 01:30

Can someone seed this drama from episode 3?

ivanlsm

Post by ivanlsm » Aug 22nd, '06, 04:55

hobbitwebgirly wrote:"Hello God" just finished last night here in the Los Angeles area. It is officially one of my favorites now. I was crying for an hour! And the ending was just perfect. I think they did a really good job with the whole last episode actually. And they ended the series leaving you satisfied and knowing that both Eunhye and Haru were happy.

For anyone who hasn't seen this drama I would really recommend it.

Thanks! Thanks so much for the spoiler! Damn!

jellybean

Post by jellybean » Oct 10th, '06, 19:58

Hi all - loved the first episode of this drama! Thanks for uploading the drama and as far as I know, subbers are working on the eps, so many thanks again!

Hmm...anyone else putting up a seed request? I've put up one so far...so speak up hehe because eps 2 - 15 are a no go atm :-( !

gummonster

Post by gummonster » Dec 26th, '06, 02:18

I only watch to episode 3 and i', soooo in love with this series. this is a new kind of drama so different and because of this it's so good. Love Yoo Gun so much ,so cute. Kim Ok Bin is really funny in here

lovely89

Post by lovely89 » Jan 26th, '07, 02:20

this is good movie!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Heartbreak

Post by Heartbreak » Jul 10th, '07, 08:32

I really love this k-drama :wub:

It's a really beautiful drama: sad ans lovely in the same time.

kobe23

Post by kobe23 » Aug 11th, '07, 14:41

This series really surprised me since I only decided to watch it because of Kim Ok Bin and didn't really think much of the synopsis. I haven't read the book Flowers For Algernon so I can't compare, but Hello God! is definitely a very inspiring drama.

One thing I liked most about this series is the character 'Haru' and the way he was portrayed by actor Yoo Gun. He starts of as a mentally disabled person (very low IQ to be exact) and then has surgery to increase his intellect. It was remarkable to see his transformation from a 'class 3 handicap' to someone with a mental capacity of a teenager and then college student and then eventually genius.

As a relative newcomer to the scene, I thought Yoo Gun did very well. I guess this is why I enjoy K-dramas very much - Good looking people can actually act! He really did play Haru convincingly and I hope to see his efforts in future projects. Just out of curiosity though, does anyone think Yoo Gun looks a bit mixed? Last time I suggested an actor looked mixed (Oh Ji Ho) my theory was immediately debunked, but Yoo Gun certainly does not look 100% Korean. Any takers? Hmm, maybe it's just me again :)

Kim Ok Bin disappointed me in this series, she kept on doing the same expression over and over again. That anguish kinda look that she tries to do almost every scene. She was a much better actress in Hanoi Bride IMO and looked the part there too. But overall she did a decent job and the two leads did seem to have some chemistry there.

Hello God! is a very solid drama. There's nothing groundbreaking about it, but at the same time, there's very little to complain about as well. I guess it did drag a bit towards the end, but which K-drama doesn't? The story sails along very smoothly and the ending is absolutely perfect. It's not a fairy tale ending, nor is it tragic. Heck, it's not even bittersweet, it's sweeter than that....I dunno....it just ended perfectly. This drama is much better than the typical ones out there but also doesn't break any boundaries. 7.5 out of 10.

tokoplata

Post by tokoplata » Nov 23rd, '08, 00:13

Last post was more than a year ago? Wow.. I can't believe how such a great drama didn't succeed so well in ratings.

I randomly decided to check out the KSOTM.. and oh dear.. was I in for a surprise.. This drama was absolutely brilliant. I've seen A LOT of dramas, and this one in particular really offered a different theme for a change.

It's hard to rank this drama along with my other favorites.. so I've decided to give it the number 1 spot along with a couple other dramas :-).

Beautiful plot, great cast, great beginning, great ending. What more can I add ?

10/10.

uubird

Post by uubird » Nov 30th, '08, 11:48

It is not that of Ahn Jae Wook Mr Goodbye

Melo Man

Post by Melo Man » Jan 2nd, '09, 06:16

I loved this series. It ranks up there with my favs such as MISA and Damo. I love Kim Ok Bin. :wub: :thumleft: :thumright:

bawkchoii

Post by bawkchoii » Dec 2nd, '09, 17:42

this drama deserved so much more attention! omg...im so sad that not as many ppl have watched it, watch it NOW! lol you wont regret it...you will love it, I promise...^ ^;;

Baruch Menachem

Post by Baruch Menachem » Dec 6th, '09, 05:00

I had to bail on episode 6, as it was just too weepy. I like how it was honest about its issues though. Something that FFA wasn't so good at.

Utada

Post by Utada » Mar 15th, '10, 22:24

Can somebody tell me what was it?
Because when I was watching it I thogugh that it was the best Korean drama I've ever seen. But when I saw the ending it was like facepalm? Jesus, how could they do it to me? I never cried so much on an ending of a drama, but it wasn't even THAT emotional, I was just freaking dissapointed. It wasn't even about the plotbut about the way they showed it. 30 seconds. that's it?
Argh, I'm so maaaaad!

garnet07

Post by garnet07 » Mar 19th, '10, 07:20

For all of you Kim Ok Bin fans, you guys should see her newest movie Thirst made by same guy who created Old Boy. She has totally improved her acting in this movie where she takes on the role of an abused, crazy woman who somehow becomes a vampire.

Hello God is one of my favorite Kdramas because of how well they depicted the story of Flowers for Algernon. The first episode was kind of useless since they just made parts of it up, but when we finally get to meet Haru is when it reminded me of 1 Litre of Tears. How a person (from an average to unique and vice versa) transformation affects others lives besides himself/herself. It is very underrated though. Oh and Yoo Gun is soooo cute. He reminds me as the Asian counterpart of the main guy from KyleXY. :lol
Waiting:
J: WatashiGaRenaiDekinaiRiyuu, HimitsuErika, NankyokuTairiku, KaseifuNoMita, NazotokiDinner
K: TreeWithDeepRoots, FlowerShop, Me2Flower
C: InTimeWithYou