Login Issue? Delete D-addicts cookie from your browser settings and login again.

Be Strong Geum-Soon / Aja Gum Soon! (MBC, 2005)

Discuss Korean drama series here.
busyizzy

Be Strong Geum-Soon / Aja Gum Soon! (MBC, 2005)

Post by busyizzy » Oct 24th, '05, 21:10

Anyone seeing this? I think the actual name is "Good Sae O Ra Gum Soon A" or something like that .... but me and my mom always just call it "Gum Soon" and the file name is always "Aja Gum Soon."

So anyone else watching this? It's more of a sitcom, that plays in the morning, I hear, 5 times a week. It's over recently, but I have yet to see the last ... 10 episodes? I have them all downloaded though.

I think it's really sweet. I'm kindof disappointed that it has absolutely no exposure while other dramas which are definately not as good have so much more of a following on the boards.

Anyway. Here's to hoping. xD

Also, anyone know where I can find the soundtrack? I looked on Yesasia cuz I wanted to buy it, but I couldn't find it.

abisan

Post by abisan » Oct 31st, '05, 04:32

i tot this series was funny in the beginning.. comical indeed.. but it drags twds the middle and gets really irritating towards the end.. i can go on and on talking about scenes that bothered me (which means almost every single scene hehehe)..

i got worked up everynight watching this series hehehe.. too annoying.. but wat else can i do but continue watching it till the end cos i watched most of it aldy.. (sigh)..

it definitely enlightens me on the strong confucian culture in korea.. and how they look at widows, divorcees and single moms..

and i love the way the doctor smiles.. really smiles.. such open smiles.. like he really means it.. like Bi in Full House..

creidesca
Fansubber
Fansubber
United States of America

Post by creidesca » Nov 6th, '05, 18:17

compared to most other daily dramas, this was one of the very few that I personally felt, DID NOT DRAG. The drama itself was very past-faced. And I'm so in love w/ this drama, watched every single epi =)

tarigwaemir

Post by tarigwaemir » Nov 9th, '05, 00:19

I caught some episodes of this over the summer and have been meaning to watch the whole thing ever since...does anyone know where I can download it? (Whether it be CB, BT, IRC...) ^_^

piggiez

Post by piggiez » Dec 11th, '05, 17:41

AH!!! u guys have the show? can u pls upload it... gosh... i got stuck at ep80 and i tot it was the end of the world... can u guys pls pls pls upload it? is it subtitled?

zdoon
Fansubber
Fansubber

Be Strong, Geum-soon! [MBC daily drama, 2005]

Post by zdoon » Mar 20th, '06, 22:24

Official Website: http://www.imbc.com/broad/tv/drama/ajagumsoon/

Also known as: Aja, Geum-soon, 굳세어라 금순아

Broadcast date: 04/07/2005 -09/30,/2005, weekdays
Episodes: 163
Runtime: 24-30 minutes each
Cast: Han Hye Jin (Friends, Romance)
Wiki page: http://wiki.d-addicts.com/Be_Strong_Geum_Soon
This is a story of a young widow, Geum-Soon, who never becomes discouraged or blames other people - no matter what happens in her life. The viewers will get both hope and comfort by watching her do her best in everything she does.

It is also a story of a family who loves and takes care of each other. You can always turn to your family and their love gives you the hope to get through the tough times. Sometimes, they seem to make your life more difficult, but they will always stand up for you and love you whatever you do.
--

Anyone watching or have seen this show? If you can read Chinese there are c-subbed rmbv files at this clubbox:

http://box1.clubbox.co.kr:8037/app/inde ... xiaomao123

This show is all about story-telling and acting. It can be really heartwarming at times and sad at other times. I'm at ep 24. :wub:

kanuko

Post by kanuko » Mar 20th, '06, 22:44

Just finished watching this series. Love this show. Among one of my favourites.

little tiger

Post by little tiger » Mar 22nd, '06, 16:02

Apparently it's quite heart-warming.... got the chinese version but waiting to POUNCE on the English subbed edition - if it ever happens....still 163 episodes is something else!!!

Ssang

Post by Ssang » Mar 27th, '06, 03:13

I'm up to ep 95 of this show. It's just one of those shows that I'm probably going to miss when it ends. I wasn't a fan of Han Hye Jin before but I like her a lot now. :P

Kayote

Post by Kayote » Mar 27th, '06, 18:10

little tiger wrote:Apparently it's quite heart-warming.... got the chinese version but waiting to POUNCE on the English subbed edition - if it ever happens....still 163 episodes is something else!!!
163!!![img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v208/ ... l/thud.gif[/img]

Ssang

Post by Ssang » Mar 27th, '06, 20:17

Does anyone know where I can dl ep 130? That guys' box doesn't have it and at this stage I'd hate to miss any episodes. :cry:
163!!!
Yeah, that comes out to 80 hours or something? :P But Geum Soon is a terrific drama. The story, characters, and acting, have been solid. On top of that, it's sometimes extremely funny but most of all you really get to know the characters and their personalities and start caring about everything that goes on. The series has a lot of life and wisdom in it too, and it actually isn't very romanitic but when that ever develops the experience is pretty strong.

If you can read Chinese or speak Korean definitely watch this show. :cheers:

mallorn

Post by mallorn » Mar 28th, '06, 14:47

163!?!?!?!? :blink: And I thought DJG was long! Can't wait for the subs, seeing all the rave reviews it's been receiving...

Ssang

Post by Ssang » Apr 1st, '06, 21:27

I'm almost done with this show. :crazy:
Last edited by Ssang on Mar 25th, '07, 20:26, edited 1 time in total.

lulu1234

Post by lulu1234 » Apr 4th, '06, 02:17

I really loved this drama. I don't normally watch such long dramas, but this one got me hooked!! It was a little draggy at parts
(especially the storyline with the aunt and cousin who liked Gum Soon's brother-in-law),
but thats understandable since it was a daily drama.

I wish the docter guy was in more dramas. Does anyone know if he is in anything else???

[/spoiler]

gloria83

Post by gloria83 » Nov 26th, '06, 23:24

i love this drama so much..i cried, laughed and was in pain with the geum soom character..i loved the chemistry and the whole story..i can't wait to see this again...does anyone know where i can find it?

thanks

gumpy

Post by gumpy » Jan 22nd, '07, 12:01

Where can I down load some episodes of Be strong Geum Soon?

creidesca
Fansubber
Fansubber
United States of America

Post by creidesca » Mar 21st, '07, 22:14

I just learned that Channel U in Singapore just started airing this drama [March 20 2007], and it contains e-subs...would anyone know whether a rip of the S'pore aired version will be available online for dl?

furelise
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by furelise » Mar 22nd, '07, 12:56

creidesca wrote:I just learned that Channel U in Singapore just started airing this drama [March 20 2007], and it contains e-subs...would anyone know whether a rip of the S'pore aired version will be available online for dl?
i wonder if jem still records S'pore aired dramas? besides that, i don't know where else you can find Singapore-subbed korean dramas online..it's a pity though, because most dramas brought into SG are given nice english subs :unsure:

gloria83

Post by gloria83 » Apr 3rd, '07, 01:21

that's awesome...if anyone can find it with english subs...i think alot of people will go crazy...i know i would and buy it so fast!!!

eLc

Post by eLc » Apr 21st, '07, 15:29

don't have any eng subs ??coz...i dunno how to c chinese...

eLc

Post by eLc » Apr 21st, '07, 15:33

yea..singapore nw showin it...got eng subs...but i can't wait....channel u at 7pm ....

bonkersj

Post by bonkersj » May 25th, '07, 13:00

hi i'm frm singapore. yes showing here but i have missed serveral episodes.anyone know where i can find downloads for it? well if u r waiting for our version of english sub then will have to wait months before its on the shelves but don't know if it will be in korean speaking translation or the mandrin translation. Right now here its the mandrin translation with eng subs.

linhu

Post by linhu » Jul 23rd, '07, 14:27

hi all
any one know that does this tv series has english sub or no???i have dl it all but i do not know korean..
thanks

creidesca
Fansubber
Fansubber
United States of America

Post by creidesca » May 23rd, '08, 13:49

YA Entertainment is releasing Vol. 1 of Be Strong, Geum-soon June 24th! The 1st volume contains EP 1-41:
http://us.yesasia.com/en/PrdDept.aspx/s ... 011017442/

amdpc

Post by amdpc » Jan 19th, '09, 11:11

There are two reasons why I stop watching this series is because of the acting of two of the cast. The youngest brother-in-law of Geum Soon and the young doctor who is inlove with him ans finally got married with her.
About the youngest brother in law, I have unfortunately happen to see him in several dramas and 1 movie, yet his acting is really pathetic. Never once did it improve.
On the case of the doctor, I thought he was quite good in that very first drama I seen him opposite Han Chae Young(hope I got her name right). But When I saw him in Hong Gil Dong, he suck, reaalllly sucks. His acting is not much different in Geum Soon. He looks and acts like a robot in front of the camera. Is he suffering from constant stiff neck?