Palace / Goong (MBC, 2006)

Discuss Korean drama series here.
mikomiko123

Post by mikomiko123 » Sep 19th, '07, 00:36

i luv goong, ive been lookin around and ive heard of goong 2 with the main goong characters... is this true??

littledraci

Post by littledraci » Sep 19th, '07, 10:03

mikomiko123 wrote:i luv goong, ive been lookin around and ive heard of goong 2 with the main goong characters... is this true??
Not anymore :-( there was a rumor *just look some pages before* but because of some contract issues they canceled it.

mikomiko123

Post by mikomiko123 » Sep 19th, '07, 10:48

littledraci wrote:
mikomiko123 wrote:i luv goong, ive been lookin around and ive heard of goong 2 with the main goong characters... is this true??
Not anymore :-( there was a rumor *just look some pages before* but because of some contract issues they canceled it.
omg!! r u serious!! why am i having a bad day today!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! man!!!!!

littledraci

Post by littledraci » Sep 19th, '07, 12:12

exactly my thoughts then too, mikomiko123 :|

mikomiko123

Post by mikomiko123 » Sep 19th, '07, 21:28

littledraci wrote:exactly my thoughts then too, mikomiko123 :|
lol.. i also read that eun hye and jeong hoon didnt like ther managers or something like that... but anyways too bad it is.. i wish they would change all of ther minds and make a goong 2 with same chars... :cry:

jerina1

Post by jerina1 » Sep 23rd, '07, 06:54

Hi all :)

I am not Korean, so I was a late-developer in this K-drama fad. Goong was my first Korean drama and to me, it is the best drama ever! I am now watching Full House because I heard so many raves about it. Cheers!

vitalone

dang!

Post by vitalone » Sep 24th, '07, 01:59

dang! i shoulda jumped on this series a long time ago when it was available. the only reason i wanna watch it is for YEH. now its too late and the only way i found so far is through yesasia for a whopping $90.00. dah im sad now.

mikomiko123

Re: dang!

Post by mikomiko123 » Sep 24th, '07, 21:29

vitalone wrote:dang! i shoulda jumped on this series a long time ago when it was available. the only reason i wanna watch it is for YEH. now its too late and the only way i found so far is through yesasia for a whopping $90.00. dah im sad now.
OMG!! what a waste, i know a site wer u can watch it!!! private message me!!

peng2

Post by peng2 » Sep 27th, '07, 16:37

The likelihood of there being a second season of Goong seems pretty unlikely. Especially with the same characters. Even if there was no feud between the production/management and the actors, the ending kind of concluded the series as a drama don't you think?

It's veered off from the plotline of the manhwa, so where are they going to take the plot now?

mikomiko123

Post by mikomiko123 » Sep 27th, '07, 20:34

peng2 wrote:The likelihood of there being a second season of Goong seems pretty unlikely. Especially with the same characters. Even if there was no feud between the production/management and the actors, the ending kind of concluded the series as a drama don't you think?

It's veered off from the plotline of the manhwa, so where are they going to take the plot now?
yah, its kinda sad, i hope thell resolve things, but then they hav toveer it off from the manwah plot, as u said... im still praying tho... i just cant stop wanting to hav a second season..

snaw

Post by snaw » Sep 29th, '07, 20:24

i'm a newbie here. can anyone help me please?? where can i download goong? i'm newbie with torrent also.

mikomiko123

Post by mikomiko123 » Sep 30th, '07, 00:39

snaw wrote:i'm a newbie here. can anyone help me please?? where can i download goong? i'm newbie with torrent also.
u cant download goong no more, cuz it has been gone, i think, cuz its been licensed? i think.. but anyways, i knu a site wer u can watch goong, so pm me

Hitokiri_Johndoesai

Post by Hitokiri_Johndoesai » Oct 5th, '07, 12:29

I too was looking for this series but it isn't available anywhere. I couldn't find a torrent or ed2k link, maybe clubboxes will work. If anybody knows a download source, please post it here or pm me please.

And one last question: What is this Goong S about?

mikomiko123

Post by mikomiko123 » Oct 7th, '07, 04:06

hmmm how come i didnt see this thread

bent

Post by bent » Oct 14th, '07, 16:06

can someone tell me where to dl the OST 1 and 2?

littledraci

Post by littledraci » Oct 14th, '07, 19:16

You'll find it here or there, bent :-)

Maruichii

Post by Maruichii » Oct 14th, '07, 19:25

Hey did anyone sub season 2 yet??

mikomiko123

Post by mikomiko123 » Oct 14th, '07, 19:27

Hitokiri_Johndoesai wrote:I too was looking for this series but it isn't available anywhere. I couldn't find a torrent or ed2k link, maybe clubboxes will work. If anybody knows a download source, please post it here or pm me please.

And one last question: What is this Goong S about?
GOONG S is about Royalty again, but instead of marriage to a royal prince, the main character is the prince himself, or a long lost prince that was found by the queen, the queen wanted him to be her successor for he was with the bloodline of the queen, he faces challenges becuz not many accepts him for he was only a jajanggamun delivery boy, also he finds challenges with another prince who is aiming to be the crowned prince also.. dramatically, both of the princes falls in love with a royal maid....dont wanna spoil more, but its good to watch, but when u hav watched goong, ull get the feeling of disliking GOONG S for u may think that GOONG is better and "You want goong", that is what i thought too...
~ENJOY~

mikomiko123

Post by mikomiko123 » Oct 14th, '07, 19:30

Maruichii wrote:Hey did anyone sub season 2 yet??
Umm, if your talking bout season 2, i dont think ther is one, unless they agreed with it, i might be slow on the news but i havent checked it yet, if they r on "good terms" now...
but if ur talking bout goong S, u can find it anywer if u just look for it... I reccomend PM'ing me if you want season1 (GOONG) because i know a place that doesnt need to buffer long, they might hav some few probs, but i like ther site... XD

bent

Post by bent » Oct 15th, '07, 01:38

littledraci wrote:You'll find it here or there, bent :-)
thanks for the links

but megaupload doesn't work for me...
always bandiwdth exceeded

:(

bent

Post by bent » Oct 15th, '07, 01:39

oh, nvm

i found another working site:

http://www.yooneunhye.org/mp3.html

littledraci

Post by littledraci » Oct 15th, '07, 10:38

ah I see.... could have upload it to my clubbox ^-^

btw, nice site with YEH you found ^-^

smoochiesayn

Post by smoochiesayn » Oct 15th, '07, 18:26

jz finished watching tis series.

a bit slow, but no regrets. love tis drama.

love the suspense, it keeps me continue watching and the ending as well.

pity Yul didnt get wat he wan, and Kim Jeong Hoon really play the role Yul very well, his dreamy eyes carry me away.

as for Joo Ji Hoon, he definitely looks better when he smiles!

and the OST for tis series are awesome as well!

bent

Post by bent » Oct 16th, '07, 13:22

bent

Post by bent » Oct 16th, '07, 13:32

gerald_tot

Post by gerald_tot » Oct 17th, '07, 02:43

i finally finished downloading this drama
right now im at episode 2
and i must say this is really good
im laughing so much =)

bent

Post by bent » Oct 19th, '07, 02:50

i just finished ep 17 and i love it!

though i prefer Coffee Prince more...

beautifulqueen

Post by beautifulqueen » Nov 11th, '07, 21:24

i just finished watching goong..for the second time..i dont remember them getting married when i watched itonline..but i bought the dvd and they got married at the end..which was great..but im wondering..is she pregnant?? when did they sleep together??? so that threw me off a little..but nevertheless..great great drama..i love love love Yoon Eun Hye. She's a great actress...the rest of the casts were great too. btw, Goong S with handsome/cutie Se7en is good too. I love both dramas.

Yukumushio

Post by Yukumushio » Nov 12th, '07, 02:30

I finished the series for the first time about 5 minutes ago! I have to say, I did enjoy it but I felt it was a bit long, CP was much, much better IMO. Nonetheless it was fun.

MandyHoon

Post by MandyHoon » Nov 26th, '07, 17:42

Archaenon wrote:
goongluver16 wrote:Well for your informatioin mister I haven't finished it yet! :cussing: You make very bad opinions because i know a lot of other girls such as me wanted her to end up with her
Lol , I'm a huge Goong fan , watched it many times , and not once have i went "that Yul he's a good guy".
No No he's materialistic and grudge holding , I can't stand shallow people like that.
Then again , I don't know why your getting so worked up , we all can't like the same character , life would be tedious and boring.
Such a worst NoN_-UP TO DATE!!! -----------korean entertainment------------------

open your eyes bigger............... and read this!!!

Actor Kim Jeong-hoon was named
the "most prince-like Korean actor" in China

The Chinese portal site Sohu.com said Thursday that Kim won 30.41 percent, or 6,217 votes, on a recent poll asking "Who is the most prince-like actor among Korean stars?" and took the top spot on the poll.

The portal site said that the poll result is attributable to Kim's soft and elegant image reminiscent of a prince in a fairytale.

The Korean drama "Palace" starring Kim was recently carried on Hong Kong's Star TV and on the Internet.

Actor Lee Jun-ki of the movie "King and the Clown" won 30.25 percent and came in a close second, followed by Bae Yong-jun with 29.88 percent and Ju Ji-hun, another male lead of the drama "Palace," with 7.72 percent.

Meanwhile, fans of Lee were disappointed at the poll result, since Lee had held the lead until Wednesday, one day before the end of the poll.

Kim's fans posted messages online endorsing the poll result and debating with Lee's fans.

Source : KBS

wah..ha..ha...so sad for Joo Ji Hoon!!! :O :P :cry: :cheers: :whistling: :whistling: :whistling: :whistling:

incube

Post by incube » Nov 29th, '07, 14:37

Watching episode 3 atm.... although the whole idea is kinda original .... i'm not liking it that much. It moves really slow and the royal family (specially the queen) are so boring -.-
Yeh is doing ok till now but since i just finished watching Coffee Prince .... my expectations might been a bit too high :-(
Feels like they didnt strain the emotional parts enough.... like when Hye was leaving her house or when Shin was making Yeh sad when he was saying what her life would be like after getting married...
Hope it gets better in the following episodes :roll

EDIT: Just finished episode 5. Things are getting more interesting. Yeh is so cute when she dont know what to do :wub: The way she reacted after finding out that the prince heard she saying that she liked him ... so cute! :wub: The prince is starting to feel something for Yeh? That evil queen-wanna-be :cussing: ... better not do anything bad to Yeh ...

kala83

Post by kala83 » Nov 30th, '07, 15:55

I have heard a lot about this series and am really interested in checking it out...sitll don't know a ton about though it is there an overview on it on your guys wiki thingie? lol I can honestly admit I am not really a huge fan of dowloading videos but I would much rather check out the series that way fist then throw down the huge price ont he DVDs them selves first. But if I like the series enough I will cetainly look at buyin the DVDs too!

Let me know what you all think should I check out this seires?

Oh awesome I just found out that netflix carries this series...lol I can't do anything right now but I am getting a better well paying job after the holidays so I am going to get a subscription to Netflix for sure now so that I can check out the series lol sorry for the random comment just thught was really cool is all.

incube

Post by incube » Nov 30th, '07, 18:14

You can watch this series on http://aznv.tv/en/drama/p.iD-MTAx/ . You just need to sign up for free and have winamp. English subs and ok quality.

EDIT: Yul and Hyori are selfish and evil minded ppl ! :wub: I only wish Yeh and Shin see their true face soon. :salut:

EDIT2: Finished this lovely drama. :wub: Liked the drama but specially love Yeh's performance :wub: Cute and adorable.
I really wished Yeh would be in Goong 2.. specially after watching the ending of Goong... I mean why did they have to piss off Yeh :cussing: Now i totally lost interest on Goong 2 -.-

lailoken

Post by lailoken » Dec 8th, '07, 20:23

Finally just finished it and it was awesomeee!!! =)

I was wondering anyone know the name of the actress who played Choi Sun Gung?

She was also in Goong S and she is SOOO hot lol...

So are there no more places to DL the series now that d-addicts took it down and SR did as well?

bonsaiarches

Post by bonsaiarches » Dec 17th, '07, 22:56

can someone tell me what song did shin and ck danced to in episode 6. its some kinda of a tango....thanks!!!

MandyHoon

Post by MandyHoon » Jan 10th, '08, 14:09

I JUST LOVE, LOVE, AND LOVE KIM JEONG HOON IN THIS DRAMA...

HIS NOT A SELFISH GUY!!!

DON'T YOU EVER LOOK AND BIGGER YOUR EYES.... WHEN LITTLE CUTE PRINCE YUL...
AT THE LAST KNOW THAT HIS MOM IS EVIL, AND JUST TO USE HIM,
COZ.........TO MAKE HER WISH BECAME TRUE (TO BE A PRINCESS),
HE HAD AN ANNOUNCEMENT, THAT ALL THE RUIN, IS ABOUT HIS MISTAKE,
BUT ACTUALLY HE JUST TO PROTECT HER EVIL MOTHER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

neuhikari

Post by neuhikari » May 5th, '08, 07:12

I really like this drama I finished watching not a long ago. I liked it much more than the manga. Well I'm starting to watch the goong S but well I don't know. But this drama was really good I liked the actor who played shin gon He was really like a prince. :wub:

galygal

Post by galygal » Jun 16th, '08, 01:21

^ Goong S is a good drama also.
but the plot and everything were completely
different. ;P but if you are watching it, be sure to
watch it completely, because i fell asleep. =O

opps. but it's cute and very funny.

Goong and the manga, are a bit different.
i also perfer the drama over the manga...
but i'm currently reading the manga now. HAHA.

H2O

Post by H2O » Jun 16th, '08, 01:36

Goong is NOT in any way related to Goong S, plot/storyline-wise. :D Please do not get the two confused as the prequel and the sequel, respectively. There is no sequel to Goong (but we sure hope there will be one :cry: ).

bent

Post by bent » Jun 19th, '08, 14:26

H2O wrote:Goong is NOT in any way related to Goong S, plot/storyline-wise. :D Please do not get the two confused as the prequel and the sequel, respectively. There is no sequel to Goong (but we sure hope there will be one :cry: ).
i think we can all give up on tt idea now...haha

H2O

Post by H2O » Jun 19th, '08, 19:53

bent wrote:i think we can all give up on tt idea now...haha
I haven't. xD Even if the sequel will never come to fruition, I will always hope. :whistling:

Lucush

Post by Lucush » Aug 1st, '08, 17:17

I really like this drama, for me its one of the best dramas.. :) :) :)

NaTsUmE_MaYa

Post by NaTsUmE_MaYa » Sep 14th, '08, 12:48

I just started watching Goong/princess hour two days ago...Lee Yul is so sweet~ (^_^)..

Anyway...i heard that Goong season 2 is coming up soon? is that right?? if it's true...im looking forward to it(even though i haven't yet finish the 1st season..huhu..but it looks promising)!~!..(^_^)

j_halo7

Post by j_halo7 » Oct 13th, '08, 22:58

Here's a long shot but I really hope someone will be able to help me. Does anyone have any idea what song is played in the background in episode 7 when Chae Gyung is punching the Shin doll she made? If you have it, that would be even better! But any ideas, anyone? Thank you in advance.

xrevealx

Post by xrevealx » Jan 21st, '09, 04:46

i heard that the sequel to Goong is cancelled....
can someone tell me WHYY??? :cry: :cry: :cry:

naive_nostalgia

Post by naive_nostalgia » Feb 2nd, '09, 16:02

If I had to guess, I would say because of all the hype surrounding it, pressure to make it just as good if not better than the first season, and possible negotiation problems with Group 8. I don't know anything concrete, though. I just finished watching Goong recently and I'm also saddened to find out there probably won't be a sequel. =\

kusyo

Post by kusyo » Feb 2nd, '09, 16:42

Anyone here would share the complete batch of this kdrama?
Will there be any chance that someone would up this here?
I know its a license but is it possible someone would upload this again?

aNToK
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by aNToK » Feb 2nd, '09, 17:01

kusyo wrote:Anyone here would share the complete batch of this kdrama?
Um, which part of licensed are you confused about?

ntense

Post by ntense » Feb 2nd, '09, 17:18

j_halo7 wrote:Here's a long shot but I really hope someone will be able to help me. Does anyone have any idea what song is played in the background in episode 7 when Chae Gyung is punching the Shin doll she made? If you have it, that would be even better! But any ideas, anyone? Thank you in advance.
I know it's kinda late, but if you're still looking for that song PM me. :-)

krige

Post by krige » Feb 2nd, '09, 19:35

WAAAAAAAAAAAA I love <3 love this drama
I love all the actors that play in it XD

kusyo

Post by kusyo » Feb 2nd, '09, 20:30

aNToK wrote:
I'm tryin' to find this kdrama in the torrent but it was not up here.
Some says it was licensed by Yes Asia and you should buy it from them.
Just wonderin' if any of you guys have this kdrama and possibly upload this here again the complete batch. Much appreciated if someone would do that.
Or do you know where to find this kdrama and download the main torrent?
Thanks!

aNToK
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by aNToK » Feb 2nd, '09, 22:17

kusyo wrote:
aNToK wrote:
I'm tryin' to find this kdrama in the torrent but it was not up here.
Some says it was licensed by Yes Asia and you should buy it from them.
Just wonderin' if any of you guys have this kdrama and possibly upload this here again the complete batch. Much appreciated if someone would do that.
Or do you know where to find this kdrama and download the main torrent?
Thanks!
Read this thread, http://www.d-addicts.com/forum/viewtopic_44451.htm
then read the faq's.

Sajen16

Post by Sajen16 » Jul 19th, '11, 14:59

so my question has probably already been answered but I don't feel like reading through 239 pages to find it. Does anyone know how many chapters of the manhwa the drama covers the ending of the drama seems like it could be the ending and I'm not really sure where else the story could go, unless she really is pregnant, but there was a second season planned so if anyone could tell me how many chapters are covered I'd really appreciate it.

Biozombie

Post by Biozombie » Jul 23rd, '11, 05:57

I've watched the first 3 episodes of this and to be honest I'm finding it a bit of a chore. Does it get any better? I mean this to anyone who also found it hard going at first.

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » Jul 23rd, '11, 09:52

I am probably the only person in Universe who loved this from the first minute to the very last. I'm subjective.
Even boring talks, palace dialect :wub:

Peggy

Post by Peggy » Jul 24th, '11, 07:39

I loved this drama as well Ethlenn. I especially loved the Dpwager Queen Mother and her selection of hats.

She looked exceptionally royal throughout, whether in palace costume or modern dress.
I also think that the handsome Crown Prince was really effective in the way he played that role. Never a wrong step.

Neliets

Post by Neliets » Jul 24th, '11, 08:37

I loved the drama but it was probably because it was my first drama. I liked Yoon Eun Hye very much, she was very, very cute from the beginning till the end.

Ahh, brings back the memories of the first time I watched a Kdrama. :D