Palace / Goong (MBC, 2006)

Discuss Korean drama series here.
blue_smurf

Re: My opinion about GOONG 2

Post by blue_smurf » Oct 31st, '06, 16:09

rcblue wrote:
blue_smurf wrote:Ur right :D U know what, I dunno what to believe anymore :-( I dunno what's the real score or real reason behind the casts' decision not to do Goong 2...whether if they are busy or just making this as an excuse :cry: I hope they're not making their busy skeds as an excuse not to do Goong 2 because I can't stand being disappointed again. After all the promises of the leads to star on Goong 2, it would be like a slap in the face to us their fans if the real reason behind not continuing with Goong 2 is simply, they just don't want to do it!
Based on their interviews in GOONG 1.5, YEY and JJH have expressed their interest in taking parts in the sequel. Whatever preventing them from doing so, might be an external factor - their manager, disagreement regarding contract, GOONG 2 project manager did not contact them soon enough to confirm that they want them back, or something else. I dunno what happened there really. JJH's manager said that he has another project to do and they took on this new project because for the longest time, they didn't receive invitation to join in the sequel so they can't wait around. YEY reason was not clear. (= at least that's what I read from various sources, so don't kill me if I misinterpreted it) :P
:cry: :cry: :cry:
Oh, I miss Shin Goon and Binggungmama :wub:

dadadards

Post by dadadards » Nov 3rd, '06, 15:13

THE GOONG2 CAST TOGETHER. credits to suejinners of SOOMPI

[img]http://img206.imageshack.us/img206/4247/g2vk7.jpg[/img]

[img]http://img243.imageshack.us/img243/8038/great1qb7.jpg[/img]

[img]http://img150.imageshack.us/img150/3078/greatdm3.jpg[/img]

Se7en, Heo Lee Jae, Kang Du & Park SHIn Hye

buffyreg
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by buffyreg » Nov 4th, '06, 06:27

dadadards... thanx ^_^

blue_smurf

Post by blue_smurf » Nov 5th, '06, 02:58

I don't wanna be mean or anything but sorry, I don't think I will watch this because it will only bring me more heartaches...goong 2 would only remind me that it should have been JJH and YEH :cry:

theinsideout

Post by theinsideout » Nov 7th, '06, 13:26

I AGREE. man. okay im a newbie to d-addicts(heh) and truth to be told i joined d-addicts cos of the forum for goong(heh :") )
I WANT THE OLD CAST!! no offense, but the original cast look better than the goong 2 cast...plus they shouldnt name it goong2 if 1)all the cast is different! 2)the plot is so NOT a sequel loh.

i want more of shin and chaegyung..and perhaps some budding romance for yul? x) but SIGH it's so not gonna happen :'(

sigh. when's goong 2 coming out?
i don't know if i'm gnna watch it.... :\

lassyl

Post by lassyl » Nov 7th, '06, 15:46

I love Goong! waah, and i love the outfits of chaegyung... hehe...

hmm, yeah, i think Goong 1 is better than 2.. but, i gotta see it first before i judge it! waah! can't wait to see it!

junkie

Post by junkie » Nov 9th, '06, 09:02

i'm watching goong for the second time now.. although i finished it before i havent really gotten the positions part and the exile thing..

can anybody explain to me what chu jeon, hwi sang dae goon and gong jin wang are?

and when chae gyoung was sent to macau, did she have to stay there forever?

wahh.. confused..

still love goong tho.. :D

goong 2 seems interesting tho.. not as interesting as 1.. i agree that goong 2 shoudlnt be called goong 2 coz it's not a direct sequel to goong.. :T

theinsideout

Post by theinsideout » Nov 9th, '06, 14:04

junkie wrote:i'm watching goong for the second time now.. although i finished it before i havent really gotten the positions part and the exile thing..

can anybody explain to me what chu jeon, hwi sang dae goon and gong jin wang are?

and when chae gyoung was sent to macau, did she have to stay there forever?

wahh.. confused..

still love goong tho.. :D

goong 2 seems interesting tho.. not as interesting as 1.. i agree that goong 2 shoudlnt be called goong 2 coz it's not a direct sequel to goong.. :T

haha.. if im not wrong(ive recently just completed goong 1 and im still not over goong :D shin and chaegyung forever! :wub: ) , they sent her to macau only because to make it seem like she was reflecting over her mistakes(her scandal with yul and mentioning divorce). i think so, anyway. :) she didnt have to stay there forever of course, she's the crown princess of korea ma. haha.
as for the korean titles given to each of them, im not very sure but i know that bingung mama = crown princess, taeja jeonha = crown prince, pyeha = king, hwang hu mama=queen.
haha.. :) hope that helped.

GOONG ROCKS :cheers: hehheh. i dont know how interesting goong 2 would be though..but i'd definitely rather it be the original cast . :) anyone knows why none of the original cast wanted to be featured in goong 2? :( :( :(

junkie

Post by junkie » Nov 9th, '06, 15:18

theinsideout wrote: haha.. if im not wrong(ive recently just completed goong 1 and im still not over goong :D shin and chaegyung forever! :wub: ) , they sent her to macau only because to make it seem like she was reflecting over her mistakes(her scandal with yul and mentioning divorce). i think so, anyway. :) she didnt have to stay there forever of course, she's the crown princess of korea ma. haha.
as for the korean titles given to each of them, im not very sure but i know that bingung mama = crown princess, taeja jeonha = crown prince, pyeha = king, hwang hu mama=queen.

GOONG ROCKS :cheers: hehheh. i dont know how interesting goong 2 would be though..but i'd definitely rather it be the original cast . :) anyone knows why none of the original cast wanted to be featured in goong 2? :( :( :(
i read the synopsis of goong 2 somewhere.. it's sort of like 1 in the sense that someone from the outside goes into the palace.. only it's a guy (a delivery boy accg to them).. looks interesting tho..

it is a bummer that the orig cast wont be in goong 2 and that the plot changed (majorly).. but i personally cant find anything from 1 that could sprout even a spin-off..

but i doubt goong 2 will live up to goong 1.. :T

oh and BTW.. i first watched goong 6 months ago.. never gotten over it.. even after dae jang geum.. both are great kdrama's but in a way i can connect to the goong characters more.. :D

theinsideout

Post by theinsideout » Nov 9th, '06, 15:25

junkie wrote:
theinsideout wrote: haha.. if im not wrong(ive recently just completed goong 1 and im still not over goong :D shin and chaegyung forever! :wub: ) , they sent her to macau only because to make it seem like she was reflecting over her mistakes(her scandal with yul and mentioning divorce). i think so, anyway. :) she didnt have to stay there forever of course, she's the crown princess of korea ma. haha.

i read the synopsis of goong 2 somewhere.. it's sort of like 1 in the sense that someone from the outside goes into the palace.. only it's a guy (a delivery boy accg to them).. looks interesting tho..

it is a bummer that the orig cast wont be in goong 2 and that the plot changed (majorly).. but i personally cant find anything from 1 that could sprout even a spin-off..

but i doubt goong 2 will live up to goong 1.. :T

oh and BTW.. i first watched goong 6 months ago.. never gotten over it.. even after dae jang geum.. both are great kdrama's but in a way i can connect to the goong characters more.. :D
haha ive heard of dae jang geum. isit nice? what's it mostly about? haha.. i currently just started watching full house(know it's a little late but ohwells haha) and it seems pretty okay.. :D but for eyecandy-wise i think goong's better! :D shin and yul. aww HAHA. :D

but yeah i agree with junkie, thr isnt really anything from 1 that can sprout a spin-off. but i wouldnt mind more of shin and chaegyung though. :wub: ahaa.
i think goong 2 wouldnt live up to its predecessor.. we'll see about that. haha. when's it coming to spore? feb 07?

junkie

Post by junkie » Nov 10th, '06, 04:27

theinsideout wrote: haha ive heard of dae jang geum. isit nice? what's it mostly about? haha.. i currently just started watching full house(know it's a little late but ohwells haha) and it seems pretty okay.. :D but for eyecandy-wise i think goong's better! :D shin and yul. aww HAHA. :D

but yeah i agree with junkie, thr isnt really anything from 1 that can sprout a spin-off. but i wouldnt mind more of shin and chaegyung though. :wub: ahaa.
i think goong 2 wouldnt live up to its predecessor.. we'll see about that. haha. when's it coming to spore? feb 07?
dae jang geum is good.. loooong but gooood.. it's more historical than romance tho..

they say shooting starts this month.. prolly out in korea by.. jan or feb? not sure.. :D i'll be waiting for subs and torrents.. :T

theinsideout

Post by theinsideout » Nov 10th, '06, 04:31

haha. just wanted to ask; anybody knows where to get the goong manhwa? isit in english or chinese? lol :) after watching i thought of getting the manhwa to read it myself :D hehheh.

Meme Sama

Post by Meme Sama » Nov 11th, '06, 14:18

This drama is soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo nice that I miss it soooo much..I liked the scting of CG..she's sooo cuuute..^_^

I'm really sad that they will change the cast of goong 2..T_T

H2O

Post by H2O » Nov 13th, '06, 00:31

theinsideout wrote:haha. just wanted to ask; anybody knows where to get the goong manhwa? isit in english or chinese? lol :) after watching i thought of getting the manhwa to read it myself :D hehheh.
You can read it online here: http://s6.photobucket.com/albums/y210/junji83/
Or you can download it here: http://www.soompi.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=881

scorpiolgk

Post by scorpiolgk » Nov 13th, '06, 07:48

1 question in mind. is lee shin sister is elder sister or was it a younger sister. i thought it was younger sister but like not quite of logic.

chemisiq

Post by chemisiq » Nov 13th, '06, 11:37

Notice that he called her "noona" which means elder sister in the episode where she came back from abroad.....
Altho in their family pic, the girl looks younger/smaller than lee shin.....but oh well....."noona" confirms everything.............

Blossom1

seems missing parts: princess hours/goong

Post by Blossom1 » Nov 14th, '06, 22:11

HI everyone,

I'm new in here and I don't know if I'm doing this right in here. So let's test:
I have a problem with the torrentfiles of princess hours (goong). I'm downloading the first 8 eps. Still in downloading process, but the first episode I watched, the movies doesn't show it properly to me, I can read the engl.subt. but the pics on the screen doesn't show me properly. It's like some pics are missing for a sec in the movie. Is this recorded like this and put by someone on the net?
Hope this prob is known by someone, if so can you help me with it. Thanks in advance :salut:

dondale14

Post by dondale14 » Nov 15th, '06, 07:38

hey guys, does any1 of u know what's up with JJH? i miss oppa...huhuhuhu 2 bad they're not in goong 2! :cry:

dondale14

Post by dondale14 » Nov 16th, '06, 05:06

princess hours finally going to be showed in the philippines via abs-cbn network...can't wait! :D

Jesette

Post by Jesette » Nov 20th, '06, 03:39

dondale14 wrote:princess hours finally going to be showed in the philippines via abs-cbn network...can't wait! :D
Yes, and am really very excited to watch this series in tagalog dub. I am happy also that ABS was chosen to air this well-loved drama.

dondale14

Post by dondale14 » Nov 20th, '06, 09:39

Yes, and am really very excited to watch this series in tagalog dub. I am happy also that ABS was chosen to air this well-loved drama.[/quote]

yep...abs is pretty good in dubbing korean dramas...goong totally rules...and it's gonna conquer the philippines :D :D

xiinyii

Post by xiinyii » Nov 20th, '06, 11:17

ya ! the original casts are not gonna be in Goong 2 , i miss them ! :cry:

NADZ

Post by NADZ » Nov 20th, '06, 12:01

i am a big fan of Goong and
i also like the new cast ((se7en)) but i am not sure of there (his) acting abilities

fairytwix
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by fairytwix » Nov 20th, '06, 12:03

dondale14 wrote:hey guys, does any1 of u know what's up with JJH? i miss oppa...huhuhuhu 2 bad they're not in goong 2! :cry:

heheh...we got a message from our dear weather man from his cyworld..lol.. he sent messages to his fans saying that they sud study hard for their exams and he hopes that his message will inspire them to do their best for their uni entrance exams.. ^^ oh..and he did also say that we shud take care with the weather coz autumn is here and winter is coming....its getting cold..we might catch the flu..wahahaha.. sooo sweet... and i did hear that he has a movie in production together with SJH..not sure yet tho..hasn't been confirmed by his agency... he's just busy with his commercials..lol

annne82

Post by annne82 » Nov 20th, '06, 17:51

fairytwix wrote:
dondale14 wrote:hey guys, does any1 of u know what's up with JJH? i miss oppa...huhuhuhu 2 bad they're not in goong 2! :cry:

heheh...we got a message from our dear weather man from his cyworld..lol.. he sent messages to his fans saying that they sud study hard for their exams and he hopes that his message will inspire them to do their best for their uni entrance exams.. ^^ oh..and he did also say that we shud take care with the weather coz autumn is here and winter is coming....its getting cold..we might catch the flu..wahahaha.. sooo sweet... and i did hear that he has a movie in production together with SJH..not sure yet tho..hasn't been confirmed by his agency... he's just busy with his commercials..lol
Humm who is SJH ?? :unsure:

bean

Post by bean » Nov 27th, '06, 07:26

SO sad, why they din use Shin and Ch back in goong2?? So sad......

JOO JI HOON is so good..

xiinyii

Post by xiinyii » Nov 27th, '06, 11:21

ya ! i wanted the original casts back too !

NADZ

Post by NADZ » Nov 27th, '06, 11:57

i likes the old cast but i really what to c se7en acting

fairytwix
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by fairytwix » Nov 27th, '06, 12:16

annne82 wrote:
fairytwix wrote:

Humm who is SJH ?? :unsure:
SJH? song ji hyo lol..the girl playing Min Hyo Rin in Goong.. ~
SO sad, why they din use Shin and Ch back in goong2?? So sad......

JOO JI HOON is so good..
ya ! i wanted the original casts back too !

well....the new one isn't a sequel of Goong 2! its a different story line.. a different cast..and it has nothing to do with Goong 1.. ^^ besides.. the original casts didn't want to come back for the drama..aside from Kim Jung Hoon..

[/quote]

nanc4413

Post by nanc4413 » Nov 30th, '06, 02:52

heh! I"m watching the series right now!! both the guys are so cutee.

dadadards

Post by dadadards » Dec 12th, '06, 09:04

Princess Hours in the Philippines...

[img]http://i28.photobucket.com/albums/c214/ ... ertres.gif[/img]

dondale14

Post by dondale14 » Dec 14th, '06, 01:52

yey! it's gonna ait preety soon..dec 18 to be exact..can't wait though i've watched this for several times already lol :wub: miss shin/gian oppa...i hope abs will bring the stars here in the phils... :thumleft:

cutekid

Post by cutekid » Dec 14th, '06, 06:47

Yeah! :thumright: :thumleft: it's going to be this monday dec 18. can't wait to see it. i just hope that ABS-CBN does'nt cut it that much. heard so much about this drama. makes me excited for its premier here in the philippines

H2O

Post by H2O » Dec 14th, '06, 15:53

What time would it be on ABS-CBN? Is that a local channel or do you have to pay for the service? I was thinking of streaming it online (if I can find the streaming link) if it's a local channel. :D

simplycheen

Post by simplycheen » Dec 14th, '06, 16:12

may i know how many tracks are there in princess hours ost..??

H2O

Post by H2O » Dec 15th, '06, 00:22

simplycheen wrote:may i know how many tracks are there in princess hours ost..??
There are TWO OSTs total. The first one has 16 tracks and the other has 14 tracks. 8)

dondale14

Post by dondale14 » Dec 15th, '06, 04:40

H2O wrote:What time would it be on ABS-CBN? Is that a local channel or do you have to pay for the service? I was thinking of streaming it online (if I can find the streaming link) if it's a local channel. :D
abs-cbn is a local channel here in the phils =) i think the time slot would be in between 9pm-10pm 8)

dondale14

Post by dondale14 » Dec 15th, '06, 04:50

cutekid wrote:Yeah! :thumright: :thumleft: it's going to be this monday dec 18. can't wait to see it. i just hope that ABS-CBN does'nt cut it that much. heard so much about this drama. makes me excited for its premier here in the philippines
i assure u that you won't get disappointed with this drama :-) i totally adore this even spent big bucks buying the whole dvd boxset and ost 'swhew! i don't mind anyway i can't get over watching it again n again..the ost is totally cool though i don't understand much but the rythym and beat gets into u...goong rules! :D

thundergust

Post by thundergust » Dec 15th, '06, 12:14

Does anybody know who is the teacher that serves Yoon Eun Hye? At the end, she dresses differently...she looks so hot with that skirt!!

Chidori-Chan

Post by Chidori-Chan » Dec 16th, '06, 12:43

why are they making Goong S ?? man..and put it as Goong 2 ?? confusing...
in a way i'm already rejecting this Goong S since none of the men are good looking... i don't find the singer so good looking..hehe.. though i didn't find the main lead in goong 1 good looking too but i like YUL actor..hehe...anyway, i wish for goong 2 with original casts and following the manga version..

portiaisabel

Post by portiaisabel » Dec 16th, '06, 12:53

Chidori-Chan wrote:why are they making Goong S ?? man..and put it as Goong 2 ?? confusing...
in a way i'm already rejecting this Goong S since none of the men are good looking... i don't find the singer so good looking..hehe.. though i didn't find the main lead in goong 1 good looking too but i like YUL actor..hehe...anyway, i wish for goong 2 with original casts and following the manga version..
goong 2 and goong S are diff.
GOONG S is totally different story its not a sequel unlike goong 2
GOONG 2 is the sequel....... kim jeong hoon,,,,, yul, YEH will still act in it..

dunnoy

Post by dunnoy » Dec 16th, '06, 23:37

Wow really?? so they will release both Goong S and Goong 2 at the same time with different cast??

BOGCHI

Post by BOGCHI » Dec 17th, '06, 00:15

dunnoy wrote:Wow really?? so they will release both Goong S and Goong 2 at the same time with different cast??
no, Goong S will be shown early next year.. (January)
and Goong 2 will be show much later.. probably late next year.

AzNightDreams

Post by AzNightDreams » Dec 17th, '06, 04:16

im so confused lol :roll

Kumaxell
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by Kumaxell » Dec 17th, '06, 14:26

Are Goong S and Goong 2 from the same production company? It sounds like a rip-off of a rip-off. Then again, I shouldn't complain. I liked Goong 1, and I like Se7en. So if they are just 2 rip-offs of the same royal family theme, then go ahead.

dondale14

Post by dondale14 » Dec 19th, '06, 00:49

princess hours finally aired last night here in the phils..it's good to watch it now dubbed in tagalog though i don't mind watching it in korean (with english subtitles of course) prince shin is prince gian here :wub: ang chaekyung is janelle..it's gonna conquer the phils...bigger than my girl and meteor garden which are big hits here in the phils :D i hope abs cbn will bring LJH and YEH here just like they did with lee dong wook oppa :wub:

StarCrystal

Post by StarCrystal » Dec 20th, '06, 00:33

Kumaxell wrote:Are Goong S and Goong 2 from the same production company? It sounds like a rip-off of a rip-off. Then again, I shouldn't complain. I liked Goong 1, and I like Se7en. So if they are just 2 rip-offs of the same royal family theme, then go ahead.
They have same producer, but different production companies. Goong S is a spinoff of Goong.

As for Goong 2, rumors are still flying about if they will make a real sequel.. but there are still problems keeping the old cast.. (ie. JJH's management does not want him to act in Goong 2)

PLEASE GO HERE FOR GOONG S RELATED DISCUSSIONS:
http://www.d-addicts.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=600985

DO NOT BASH THE DRAMA OR THE CAST. We're all well aware that some people are disappointed. You can input CONSTRUCTIVE comments, NOT INSULTS. Goong had many negative views before it was aired, but it managed to be one of the most successful dramas out there. So please give Goong S a benefit of a doubt.

H2O

Post by H2O » Dec 20th, '06, 06:59

HAPPY HOLIDAYS!

BOTH YEH & JJH are going to be at the MBC awards event for "Best Couple/Actor/Actress" in Goong, so....

MBC Awards: DEC. 30, 2006 @ 9:40 p.m. Korean Time
[i.e.: My time: GMT-05:00 ---> I have to watch it 7:40 a.m.]
HOW TO STREAM ONLINE TV

There are FIVE methods that are quick and easy:
**************FIRST METHOD (Online Streaming)**************
1. Visit this site: http://wwitv.com/portal.htm
For S. Korea channels: http://wwitv.com/television/112.htm
2. On teh left, you'll see the countries where the channels are aired.
3. Click on the country you want.
4. You should now see all the streaming channels the country provides.
5. Click on the channel you want.
6. Windows Media Player should now open up and you are "waiting patiently" for the channel to begin streaming.

You would have to click on Korea, South to be able to stream MBC live. About which MBC to click, to be honest, I have no clue; however, since this is an important matter, I'm sure all MBC channels would be airing it, don't you think? If that is not the case, then you'd have to try all the MBC links to find out which will be airing the award show; I'm pretty sure all of them should be airing it, though. I'll try Andong MBC first and then go from there (Masan MBC & Wonjun MBC).

**Note: This is better than TVAnts by a league! It's guaranteed to work 100% (unless the link fails)!***

**************SECOND METHOD (Online Streaming)**************
1. Go here: http://www.tvforus.com/alltv.htm .
{For S. Korea: http://www.tvforus.com/southkorea.htm . (Skip to step 3.)}
2. Click South Korea.
3. Choose a TV channel you want to stream and click the streaming rate for the channel you've chosen
(the number in the green column).
4. You should now be streaming in Windows Media Player.

**************THIRD METHOD (Online Streaming)**************
1. Go here: http://cdmatv.com/e/ .
2. On the left you should see a channel being streamed.
{Double-clicking the small Windows Media Player would make it show in Full Screen mode.}
3. At the top left corner, you should see 4 WorldTV categories.
4. Click on of them.
[i.e. Clicking "List by Region" would give you a list of all channels airing in Korea. You can change the region by choosing it from the top of the page.]
5. Choose which channel you would like to stream and click its On Air link.

**************FOURTH METHOD (TVAnts)**************
1. Install the TVAnts program: http://download.tvants.com/pub/tvants/t ... sSetup.EXE
or visit tvants.com and click on [img]http://www.tvants.com/images/download.jpg[/img] from the right column.
2. Install the program & open it up.
3. Click the tab named "Servers" and make sure you have these servers in your list to ensure the MAXIMUM channels you can received. If you don't click "Add" at the bottom and add each of the the server below into the "Address" field:
  • www.tvants.com
  • fanshoptv.no-ip.info
  • www1.tvants.com
  • www2.tvants.com
  • tracker2.tvants.com
  • tracker3.tvants.com
  • hive.tobroadcast.com
  • list.tvants.com
  • skyland.zapto.org
  • fw-tracker.no-ip.com
  • pirateradio.hopto.org
  • djdomyx-streaming.no-ip.org
  • trackersport.serveftp.com
  • tracker.tvants.com
4.You can choose the channel(s) from a list when you open the program or type the channel's name in the search field and press "Search TV".
5. If you see a window asking for a username & password, just click CANCEL.
6. Wait for the channel to load...and....
7. Voila!

**************FIFTH METHOD (PPStream)**************
1. Download & install PPStream (Chinese version): http://download.ppstream.com/ppstreamsetup.exe
2. Download & install PPStream (English version): http://www.sendspace.com/file/xealqv
**Note: You HAVE to do both #1 & #2 if you want the English version to work!**
3. Open the ENGLISH PPStream. **Note: You HAVE to use the ENGLISH version for the English language to show up!**
4. Look for the heading "Hong Kong and Taiwan Drama".
5. Click the "+" and you should see "It Started with a Kiss II".
6. Double click to watch.
7. Enjoy! :D

For more channels to stream, visit http://www.freebyte.com/internet_television/.

I hope this is clearer now. Good luck & enjoy!
Last edited by H2O on Dec 31st, '07, 04:20, edited 10 times in total.

pennyloo

Heya...

Post by pennyloo » Dec 20th, '06, 09:42

I'm reviving my clubbox...trying to fill it up again...hope it works this time...GOONG goodies....

cutekid

Post by cutekid » Dec 20th, '06, 09:55

goong now is airing in the philippines! it is showned here in ABS CBN 2. it is dubbed in filipino though. still a good show. watched the first 2 episodes and i think its good. hope they wont cut too much in the series. it is aired at around 9:30 -10 pm PST. part of the primetime shows of the said network

swit_thng

Post by swit_thng » Dec 21st, '06, 09:17

dondale14 wrote:princess hours finally aired last night here in the phils..it's good to watch it now dubbed in tagalog though i don't mind watching it in korean (with english subtitles of course) prince shin is prince gian here :wub: ang chaekyung is janelle..it's gonna conquer the phils...bigger than my girl and meteor garden which are big hits here in the phils :D i hope abs cbn will bring LJH and YEH here just like they did with lee dong wook oppa :wub:
im the most stupid person in the world!!! im so mad at myself.. i wasnt able to watch the first three episodes of princess hours in abs!! i am such a sleepyhead!!! though i finished watching it already in korean through dvd, i really like to watch it again, this time dubbed in tagalog..i hope someone would upload it in you tube..hehe

also, i totally agree with you.its gonna conquer the philippines!! doesnt matter if it is bigger than my girl or not.. i also love my girl! also the best! anyway, they are both shown by abs..haha go kapamilya!!

one thing i dont like in princess hours here in the philippines is the name of yul..i dont like the name troy..i think troy does not give justice to the character of yul..haha (sounds like i really adore him..hehe :wub:) they should have thought of other names..those that would really catch someone's attention..

im gonna watch princess hours tonight!! promise i wont sleep early!! :D

kguy84

Post by kguy84 » Dec 22nd, '06, 10:30

Hachiko-chan

Post by Hachiko-chan » Dec 23rd, '06, 11:14

I just saw the last episode a while ago, and I really liked the series.
I honestly laughed at what Shin Chae-gyung could make up :D and even felt a little sorry for Lee Shin at some points.
I loved ther ending :wub:

sam_jd11

Post by sam_jd11 » Dec 25th, '06, 07:40

heLLo...

I'm a newbie here and I have a request for those ppl who can make a wallpaper...
Can u pls make me a Yul layout...
only him...lol...
but the images are from Princess hours...
If u can't find pics
It's up to you..
but with some effects..
Like star, hearts. curls.. etc..
cuz i will use it on my friendster layout...
I hope sum1 can make me...
Pls..II'm begging...lol..

7y019

Piano song Played by Prince Lee Shin

Post by 7y019 » Dec 26th, '06, 01:16

Hi!....

Guys, hope somebody could help me and tell me what is the title of the song played by Shin to Hyorin. Can somebody tell me where I can download the song...I really love it.....

thanks,

Luvs,

Lydia 7y019

kelly24

Post by kelly24 » Dec 26th, '06, 16:24

I did like watching this series becoz the 2nd is so cute, i did feel sorry for him because of the way he loved the female lead.

hail

Post by hail » Dec 30th, '06, 09:42

i just finished this series, and i can tell that this is the BEST series i've watched!!! i just love chaegyung and shin, not to mention, the very cute yul!!! but i hope Goong 2 will cast the original cast!!! i just can't bear not watching Joo Ji Hoon, Yoon Eun Hye, and Kim Jung Hoon in the next season!!!

akamaru

Post by akamaru » Dec 31st, '06, 08:41

swit_thng wrote: im the most stupid person in the world!!! im so mad at myself.. i wasnt able to watch the first three episodes of princess hours in abs!! i am such a sleepyhead!!! though i finished watching it already in korean through dvd, i really like to watch it again, this time dubbed in tagalog..i hope someone would upload it in you tube..hehe

also, i totally agree with you.its gonna conquer the philippines!! doesnt matter if it is bigger than my girl or not.. i also love my girl! also the best! anyway, they are both shown by abs..haha go kapamilya!!

one thing i dont like in princess hours here in the philippines is the name of yul..i dont like the name troy..i think troy does not give justice to the character of yul..haha (sounds like i really adore him..hehe :wub:) they should have thought of other names..those that would really catch someone's attention..

im gonna watch princess hours tonight!! promise i wont sleep early!! :D
i agree! princess hours will be a hit...troy's okay but it makes me think of the movie with the same title...
i hope Kim Jeong Hoon :wub: will be in Goong 2...

gabbypalacios

Post by gabbypalacios » Jan 1st, '07, 04:53

So then its a go for GOONG 2 even if Joo Ji Hoon may not act in it? Im kinda confused here. I liked Goong, i would love to see them do a second season. What i dont understand is, why JJH's management wouldnt want him in Goong 2? I mean, Goong was really popular, up there with My Girl and Full House. I dont see the problem? :unsure: Anyway i'll probably end up watching Goong S, ha just becuz im hardcore like that. Also, i dont want to prejudge it.

H2O

Post by H2O » Jan 1st, '07, 07:58

There is no Goong 2, yet. :) That's Goong S, which has no relation to Goong or its intended sequel, Goong 2. There are legal issues existing between the two side, Eigth Peaks (Goong) and Group 8 (Goong S). Eight Peaks are saying that plans for Goong 2 is indefinte right now. Yoon Eun-hye and Kim Jeong-hoon are under the same management, Eight Peaks, so getting them in the sequel is okay; however, Joo Ji-hoon is being managed by Yeoubeak, which has not given an official statement, yet.

Chewyr

Post by Chewyr » Jan 1st, '07, 11:02

woah! these are really nice waLLies
THankYou! :-)

Chewyr

Post by Chewyr » Jan 1st, '07, 11:13

i finished watchg Goong not long ago and i LOVED IT :wub: :wub:
BOTH YEH & JJH are really cute
some scenes were really funny, i kept replaying it LOL :P

vvn

Post by vvn » Jan 2nd, '07, 02:38

wowowow HOT!! Thanks!~~!!

veracious

Post by veracious » Jan 2nd, '07, 12:41

This was my first dorama and obviously I love it to pieces, despite not liking some things about it (Shin's parents and Hyorin were so so very aggravating - plus the pace was really slow at times). But otherwise it's so awesome, I'm in love with the romance and the comedy was fantastic. Plus it just looked very nice, the production was just the right kind of glossy. Anyway, I read the last 10 pages or so but couldn't find this answered so I'll just ask it myself:

Is the US DVD boxset of Goong any good?

I noticed it's available for a nice price over at YesAsia and the extras have English subtitles so I'm majorly tempted into buying it but I'm still unsure. Are the subs okay? Are the extras worth a watch (or two)?

I wouldn't want to buy it just to find the subtitles totally worthless. :unsure: So please tell me if you own it and are happy with it! :)

deathviasatellite

Post by deathviasatellite » Jan 2nd, '07, 17:43

i've read some reviews that say the subtitles on the US boxset are good quality, i don't own it though.. which brings me to my question!: does anyone know where i could buy it other than yesasia? the US version is only available to US & Canada and i live in the UK..

veracious

Post by veracious » Jan 2nd, '07, 18:03

It's only available to US? Damn, I was going to order from YesAsia. I live in Europe, too..

Unless you mean that it's a Region 1 DVD. I was going to get a program that helps me play DVDs of whatever region on my laptop. I think nowadays one can make basically all DVD players regionless.

Anyway, I'll probably try to order from YesAsia, as they seem to have free international delivery and the price seems alright.

myrmidon

Post by myrmidon » Jan 3rd, '07, 03:40

veracious wrote:Is the US DVD boxset of Goong any good?
YA Entertainment seems to have put a lot of effort into the Palace boxset. The subtitles are pretty good (well, I assume they are, since I don't speak Korean). The extras are nice, the most interesting probably being Goong 1.5... not very informative, but it's nice to see the cast members clowning around. There's only one real annoyance: the box claims the show is fullscreen (4:3), but it's actually non-anamorphic widescreen. While this doesn't really affect viewing on a standard TV, it's annoying for people with widescreen TVs.

Still, I guess I'm just glad they didn't go with a cropped fullscreen format. That would have sucked worse.

teody

Post by teody » Jan 3rd, '07, 08:43

Haay! What can i say?? I've watched this series over the christmas break, and absolutely loved it. Although compared to others, i'm relatively a newbie watcher of kdramas, i've seen a few which was shown here in the philippines.
after it's launch several weeks ago, a friend gave me a copy of downloaded english subbed episodes and it turned out to be a nice christmas gift. i was hooked!
the subbs are really good compared to others ( a few minor errors)

loved the actors: brooding (and fashionable! he was so into polka dots!) shin, cute and funny gae-gyung with the overbite, yul with the forever lariat necklace, (and very nice voice) even happy happy grandma. add the funny classmates and friends and quirky palace people
loved the storyline: it's light and funny. makes you feel good after watching an episode. i liked the way that they tied up everything in the end. everyone had at least a redeeming factor. not much of the fatalistic melodrama which the filipino writers are so fond of (as in, if this was written by a filipino yul and shin would turn out to be brothers, there would be bloodbath in the end and the palace blown into kingdomcome)!
loved the set: very nice. neo-oriental design rocks!
loved the music: the songs fit! though i don't speak korean, the subs really helped. i laughed over the "stupid song". does it really say that "drown myself in cigarettes and beer"?
loved the bears: really nice work here. so detailed. i would probably go to the teddy bear museum if and when i go to korea.
that's it in a nutshell!
ciao!

deathviasatellite

Post by deathviasatellite » Jan 4th, '07, 20:39

Unless you mean that it's a Region 1 DVD. I was going to get a program that helps me play DVDs of whatever region on my laptop. I think nowadays one can make basically all DVD players regionless.
nope, i'm fine with region 1 stuff since I have a region free dvd player, it's just that on yesasia's FAQ it says that the US version k-drama DVDs are only licensed in the US so aren't available on the global site :glare:

dondale14

Post by dondale14 » Jan 5th, '07, 11:27

i got the dvds malaysian vrsion for goong! subtitles is great...though when i check with yesasia global i freaked out when it has 1.5 goong with eng subtitles but only avail in U.S :-( why can't it be avail here in asia ?:x i asked my friend in the u.s to purchase it for me..hmm still have to wait till it arrives.. :whistling:

haruna_hamasaki

Post by haruna_hamasaki » Jan 5th, '07, 16:09

can anyone tell me briefly about what's the major difference of Goong, Goong 2 and Goong S?
i'm totally CONFUSED!

schizoar
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by schizoar » Jan 5th, '07, 16:22

haruna_hamasaki wrote:can anyone tell me briefly about what's the major difference of Goong, Goong 2 and Goong S?
i'm totally CONFUSED!
Goong is the original one aired early last year with Yoon Eun Hye, Joo Ji Hoon as the lead characters.

Goong 2 is supposedly the sequel of Goong but something happened between the production teams that's why Goong S is formed. It is rumored that there will actually be a sequel late this year or early next year but no confirmation have been stated. If this will push through, all the original cast will come back.

Goong S was supposed to be Goong 2, but the original casts wasn't able to come back, the director decided to change the story. However, since the production company changed, Goong S isn't Goong 2, it's a totally different drama as the reports said. Basically, this drama's not related to Goong AT ALL, it just bears the same title.

Sorry if I didn't explain it clearly. Goong S is a different drama with different characters. Totally unrelated to the original Goong. :-)

haruna_hamasaki

Re: ..

Post by haruna_hamasaki » Jan 5th, '07, 17:00

schizoar wrote:
haruna_hamasaki wrote:can anyone tell me briefly about what's the major difference of Goong, Goong 2 and Goong S?
i'm totally CONFUSED!
Goong is the original one aired early last year with Yoon Eun Hye, Joo Ji Hoon as the lead characters.

Goong 2 is supposedly the sequel of Goong but something happened between the production teams that's why Goong S is formed. It is rumored that there will actually be a sequel late this year or early next year but no confirmation have been stated. If this will push through, all the original cast will come back.

Goong S was supposed to be Goong 2, but the original casts wasn't able to come back, the director decided to change the story. However, since the production company changed, Goong S isn't Goong 2, it's a totally different drama as the reports said. Basically, this drama's not related to Goong AT ALL, it just bears the same title.

Sorry if I didn't explain it clearly. Goong S is a different drama with different characters. Totally unrelated to the original Goong. :-)
thanks alot for the explanation. now i understand.

schizoar
Fansubber
Fansubber

Re: ..

Post by schizoar » Jan 5th, '07, 17:04

haruna_hamasaki wrote: thanks alot for the explanation. now i understand.
You're welcome. :-) :wub:

songjimin

Post by songjimin » Jan 6th, '07, 00:14

:cheers: hey everyone.. can anyone givepictures of Lee Shin and Shin ChaE kyeong together... i just need it.. please.. give me some when you have a time! thanks!! :thumright: :thumleft: :D