Blade and Petal (sageuk) KBS2

Discuss Korean drama series here.
xk

Blade and Petal (sageuk) KBS2

Post by xk » Aug 3rd, '13, 22:11

Anybody watching this drama? I didn't see a thread for this kind of surprising. This drama sucked and boring as hell from EP1~ 7. All that changed from EP8. It's worth watching from there. It's intense and action. Most crucially, it's the Yeon Gae So Mun's superior acting performance. Everybody else including his son and Goguryo's princess is a fail.... Kim Ok BIn is a nice actress but her acting .... euck. Maybe it's the director that's messed up. Anyways, Yeon Gae So Mun KICKS ASS.... :cheers:
Last edited by xk on Aug 5th, '13, 22:38, edited 1 time in total.

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » Aug 4th, '13, 07:35

It's "sageuk", btw.
Popularity? Since I know what it means to be forgotten, I won''t be shaken by it. KNG

xk

Post by xk » Aug 5th, '13, 22:37

Ethlenn wrote:It's "sageuk", btw.
thanks! :cheers:

shiofmedea

Post by shiofmedea » Aug 9th, '13, 20:23

Is he the one acting as general there? Well, up to 10th episode general is only interesting person here. I so wanted to watch historical drama but I don't know anymore. both main leads are falling short both as personality/story is going and acting.
Music is interesting.. to say something positive

iluvasiandrama

Post by iluvasiandrama » Aug 11th, '13, 23:34

I just started watching this one today and the opening scene looks interesting. I hope it is good all the way to the end.
Now watching: Need to find some new dramas

iluvasiandrama

Post by iluvasiandrama » Aug 29th, '13, 00:56

I only made it to ep 14 with this drama. The love story was way to weak and unbelievable. No chemistry between the two leads... just not strong enough.
I think it was ep 10 when Yeon Choong found out that the princess was so called dead. He cried too hard and they were not even in love. Princess crying scenes were not believable and just stale and boring she really couldn't do a real like crying scene... :scratch: It was weird...

IMO... The writers and directors should have built up the love story from childhood to adult and that would have made it more believable.
Choi Min Soo carried the most weight in this drama and he wasn't even the main character...
:| I don't think I will finish it. The love story is just too boring and unbelievable. Oh well, on to something else :salut:
Now watching: Need to find some new dramas

Issy

Post by Issy » Sep 2nd, '13, 22:01

I actually have a totally different opinion on this drama. This drama started very weird and strange for me. It was a mix of everything and nothing in particular. It meant to be a sageuk (fusion?) but then also looked liked wuxia with hint of western...
not to mention all those loooooooong silence/staring moments. but I still kept watching because from the first ep there was something about the OTP that attracted me to them. I really love every scene with them as they are kind of tense and emotional.
I think the drama got way better since they changed its direction from arty-farty directing to normal sageuk one. right now, I am so hooked, can't watch anything else. the story became more interesting as the princess and Choong changed their way of life compeletly. over all, I so loving it right now

Peggy

Post by Peggy » Nov 22nd, '13, 23:51

Issy,

I never was able to finish this drama so I never saw how it ended. Please issy you must know since you liked it so much. Would you tell me how it ended please? PM is OK. thanks/.