Page 48 of 48

Posted: Jan 6th, '14, 02:05
by michael12345
I suppose I'm most interested in slice-of-life stuff.

Posted: Jan 6th, '14, 02:20
by kliesen11
Hmm... Pan to Soup to Neko Biyori, Kogure Photo Studio.

And something dramatic maybe?

1 Liter of Tears, 14 Sai no Haha, Life, Shokuzai, Mother.

Posted: Jan 24th, '14, 14:30
by safie
hey everyone, can anyone suggest me any romantic&comedy drama??

something like wish you upon a star, greatest love.

thank you~

new melodram with woman first character !

Posted: Apr 17th, '14, 16:17
by Eun-ju Lee
Please recommend new melodram k-dramas with woman first character. I mean the main story be about a woman.

Posted: Apr 18th, '14, 05:55
by piousm
Hi. Could I have some suggestions too? We really liked "my girlfriend is a gumiho", "I am Sam", "Personal Taste", "who are you", "Arang and the magistrate". Not really into cop shows or medical, but happy for comedy and romance, mystery and thriller is good too, as is supernatural. Adult content is fine. We usually watch J-dramas but they tend to be mainly cop and medical now, so dramas to our taste are few and far between. I've looked through recommendations above and I'll try "Protect the Boss".

Posted: Apr 18th, '14, 10:58
by airboy
piousm wrote:Hi. Could I have some suggestions too? We really liked "my girlfriend is a gumiho", "I am Sam", "Personal Taste", "who are you", "Arang and the magistrate". Not really into cop shows or medical, but happy for comedy and romance, mystery and thriller is good too, as is supernatural. Adult content is fine. We usually watch J-dramas but they tend to be mainly cop and medical now, so dramas to our taste are few and far between. I've looked through recommendations above and I'll try "Protect the Boss".
Two dramas with romance, mystery and a bit comedy that I can recommend is "Secret Garden" and "49 Days".

Posted: Apr 18th, '14, 13:31
by Viande
@piousm

In addition to what airboy recommended, I can recommend 'I Hear Your Voice' and 'You Who Came From The Stars'. They're both supernatural with romance, comedy and some thriller. Also if supernatural with just romance & comedy is fine there is 'The Thousandth Man', which is nice less known drama.

Posted: Apr 18th, '14, 18:17
by kuma601
For romance type dramas with comedy:

1. Prime Minister and I
Nothing to serious and it pretty light hearted.

2. Pasta
A food show based on the new head chef falling for an aspiring chef.

3. Masters Sun
A ghost-soul saving type romance comedy. Not super funny, we found it amusing and lighter style.

4. Emergency Couple. Not to much medical though it is mixed in enough to make one "eww" at some scenes. Typical/predictable romance with multiple romance interests that have the usual love triangles to add misunderstandings. At Ep 10 and so far enjoyable.

Posted: Apr 18th, '14, 20:24
by piousm
Thanks for the suggestions, I'll try them all.

Posted: May 4th, '14, 10:14
by piousm
We just finished "Masters Sun"and really liked it, thanks.

Posted: May 29th, '14, 12:55
by Neliets
Hi everyone. I havent been here quite some time. Im now in need of kdrama. I want to hear the most addictive recent kdramas.

thanks in advance.

Posted: Jul 5th, '14, 16:17
by Keiko1981
Is there any kdrama, new or old, that comes close to the uniqueness of what Twin Peaks was when it aired for the first time?

Posted: Jul 5th, '14, 20:23
by piousm
Soul http://wiki.d-addicts.com/Soul was pretty good, and didnt fall into any particular formula. But it wasnt as odd as Twin Peaks.

Posted: Jul 6th, '14, 02:44
by Keiko1981
piousm wrote:Soul http://wiki.d-addicts.com/Soul was pretty good, and didnt fall into any particular formula. But it wasnt as odd as Twin Peaks.
Have watched it. :) Gap Dong is on my to-watch list.

Kdrama with dogs

Posted: Jul 29th, '14, 14:40
by suelyharumi

Hello..
I am writing from Brazil and I love kdrama. I am simply addicted to it.
I would like to know if there is any indication for kdrama with dogs.

I translated the movie My Love Tohram and I cried sooo much everytime I
had to translate. Everybody should watch it is really a touching story.

Also, any indication for kdrama that deals with spirituality..

Thank you..

Suely

Posted: Jul 30th, '14, 07:16
by darkw1zard
Guys, any suggestion for middle aged women (~50) who wants to start watching kdrama?

Any good light-hearted romance comedies?

Posted: Sep 7th, '14, 13:50
by AppleSky
Hi there!

I am very new to the drama scene and recently stumbled on a show called 'Witch's Romance'. I instantly fell in love with it. The witty dialogue, the chemistry, the light-hearted fluffiness of the whole thing was amazing. It was the first drama I ever really watched and I really enjoyed it.

Now that I've finished watching it I have this very deep pit in my stomach :(

Does anyone here have recommendations for any similar dramas? I've browsed a couple of sites and done some searches, but nothing really stands out. If anyone here has any tips on what to watch next, it would be so appreciated!

Re: Kdrama with dogs

Posted: Sep 10th, '14, 07:17
by zenith777
suelyharumi wrote:
I am writing from Brazil and I love kdrama...

Also, any indication for kdrama that deals with spirituality..
Hi Suely, I'm not into kdrama, but my friend recommends Master's Sun
Here is the brief synopsis :lol
Joo Joong Won (So Ji Sub) is a cold and ambitious CEO, who measures all human relationships through money. Tae Gong Shil (Gong Hyo Jin) is a sensitive assistant, who suffers from insomnia, due to her ability to see ghosts after an accident. Joong Won will learn to trust Gong Shil and falls in love with her.
And also Soul
Synopsis
Ha Na and Doo Na were twin sisters who were very close to each other until Doo Na died a terrible death. One day, the usually bright and energetic Ha Na finds herself changing. She has superhuman strength and can do things that nobody can. Ha Na realizes that Doo Na's spirit has inhabited her body. Shin Ryu, a criminal psychoanalyst, uses Ha Na's powers to kill people that cannot be punished by the law.

Re: Recommended/Favorite K-dramas (ask for suggestions here)

Posted: Jan 7th, '15, 10:06
by kdramalover1996
Currently I'm watching my love from another star,birth of beauty and misaeng... can anyone suggest me good dramas to watch from 2103/14 season genres like romance,comedy,rom-com,action-adventure will be good
Thank you :*

Re: Recommended/Favorite K-dramas (ask for suggestions here)

Posted: Jan 9th, '15, 02:48
by thon
kdramalover1996 wrote: can anyone suggest me good dramas to watch from 2103/14 season genres like romance,comedy,rom-com,action-adventure will be good
Thank you :*
com rom/romance:Marriage Not Dating,Fated to love you,Surplus Princess,Miss Korea,Angel Eyes,It’s Okay, That’s Love,Prime Minister And I
action/crime: Bad Guys, Liar Game
melo: Mama, Full Sun

Re: Recommended/Favorite K-dramas (ask for suggestions here)

Posted: Jan 9th, '15, 21:09
by kdramalover1996
thon wrote:com rom/romance:Marriage Not Dating,Fated to love you,Surplus Princess,Miss Korea,Angel Eyes,It’s Okay, That’s Love,Prime Minister And I
action/crime: Bad Guys, Liar Game
melo: Mama, Full Sun
Thank you for the suggestions :) aren't there anymore action genre dramas? i've already watched the two you mentioned...

Re: Recommended/Favorite K-dramas (ask for suggestions here)

Posted: Jan 19th, '15, 17:10
by kdramalover1996
Just finish the last episode of high school love on and have downloaded pride and prejudice and marry him if you dare.. does anyone have any suggestions what would be good to watch next? What about punch,healer and dr.frost? Do they worth watching?

Re: Recommended/Favorite K-dramas (ask for suggestions here)

Posted: Jan 22nd, '15, 15:50
by drex
My opnion. Dr. Frost maintain the style of OCN channel. More focused on police dramas / thriller / supernatural (which is not the case of this). It is well produced and it seems that promises an interesting end. Healer is a bit like City Hunter, with a secret identity, a lot of conspiracy and romance, including the same Leading Actress. rs But it's pretty cool. Punch focuses primarily on conspiracy and battle power. Throughout all this, a corrupt prosecutor who seeks redemption for his life and family, with a brain tumor that gives him 3 months of life. It is interesting and intense at the same time. Hope this helps.

Re: Recommended/Favorite K-dramas (ask for suggestions here)

Posted: Jan 22nd, '15, 18:11
by kdramalover1996
drex wrote:My opnion. Dr. Frost maintain the style of OCN channel. More focused on police dramas / thriller / supernatural (which is not the case of this). It is well produced and it seems that promises an interesting end. Healer is a bit like City Hunter, with a secret identity, a lot of conspiracy and romance, including the same Leading Actress. rs But it's pretty cool. Punch focuses primarily on conspiracy and battle power. Throughout all this, a corrupt prosecutor who seeks redemption for his life and family, with a brain tumor that gives him 3 months of life. It is interesting and intense at the same time. Hope this helps.

Re: Recommended/Favorite K-dramas (ask for suggestions here)

Posted: Jan 27th, '15, 15:05
by kdramalover1996
What are the best ten dramas from 2014???

Re: Recommended/Favorite K-dramas (ask for suggestions here)

Posted: Feb 2nd, '15, 08:16
by kdramalover1996
What are the good dramas to watch from year 2014?

Re: Recommended/Favorite K-dramas (ask for suggestions here)

Posted: Feb 16th, '15, 14:06
by kdramalover1996
Can anyone suggest me anykind of good dramas from year 2014?

Re: Recommended/Favorite K-dramas (ask for suggestions here)

Posted: Feb 25th, '15, 05:21
by riki_kun
Need suggestions please for dramas about revenge , stuff like Green Rose , Will It Snow For Christmas , The Devil , City Hunter etc.
Don't bother suggesting dramas PRIOR to 2013 because i've seen them all , so let's see: dramas with revenge theme from years 2013 and 2014 , and possibly avoid period/historical dramas and dramas longer than 20 episodes.
Thanks in advance

Re: Recommended/Favorite K-dramas (ask for suggestions here)

Posted: Mar 9th, '15, 08:16
by koshonin
I just finished 'Empress Ki', what an impressive story; cast, acting was very convincing, especially all the evil/egotism/narcissism traits; ... I loved it

can someone suggest something similar in story depth & acting, preferably something in historic setting (contemporary kdramas just don't work for me, dunno why)

I only watched 3 or 4 kdramas (current "shine or go crazy", "joseon gunman", "arang and the magistrate" )

Thanks in advance

Re: Recommended/Favorite K-dramas (ask for suggestions here)

Posted: Mar 10th, '15, 12:52
by Thierry23
riki_kun wrote:Need suggestions please for dramas about revenge , stuff like Green Rose , Will It Snow For Christmas , The Devil , City Hunter etc.
Don't bother suggesting dramas PRIOR to 2013 because i've seen them all , so let's see: dramas with revenge theme from years 2013 and 2014 , and possibly avoid period/historical dramas and dramas longer than 20 episodes.
Thanks in advance
If you say 'revenge', then there are 3 dramas that come to my mind:
1) Healer , end of 2014
2) Pinocchio , end of 2014
3) You're All surrounded , mid 2014

At first you wouldn't say there's revenge in any of those 3, but as the story unfolds, it becomes clearer.

Re: Recommended/Favorite K-dramas (ask for suggestions here)

Posted: Mar 17th, '15, 12:57
by kdramalover1996
Any suggestions for good new korean dramas from 2014-2015?

Re: Recommended/Favorite K-dramas (ask for suggestions here)

Posted: Mar 30th, '15, 14:09
by kdramalover1996
Any uggestions for completed dramas from 2015...????

Re: Recommended/Favorite K-dramas (ask for suggestions here)

Posted: Jun 9th, '15, 16:11
by kdramalover1996
To watch list (Kdrama) finished downloads

A love to kill
angry mom
gapdong
heard it through the grapevine
marry him if you dare
mary stayed out all night
my heart twinkle twinkle
my unfortunate boyfriend
The three musketeers
autumn in my heart
bride of the century
Dr.frost
fated to love you
healer
it's okay it's love
jung yi.goddess of fire
kill me heal me
miss korea
missing noir m
pride and prejudice
rooftop prince
the kings face
valid love

Now downloading

Hwajeong
orange marmalade
producer
the lover
warm and cozy

Hah this'll take about another 2,3 years to finish this list 8)

Re: Recommended/Favorite K-dramas (ask for suggestions here)

Posted: Jun 10th, '15, 00:22
by kitty10
koshonin wrote:I just finished 'Empress Ki', what an impressive story; cast, acting was very convincing, especially all the evil/egotism/narcissism traits; ... I loved it

can someone suggest something similar in story depth & acting, preferably something in historic setting (contemporary kdramas just don't work for me, dunno why)

I only watched 3 or 4 kdramas (current "shine or go crazy", "joseon gunman", "arang and the magistrate" )

Thanks in advance
The following are all sageuk:
- Queen Seon-deok
- Tree With Deep Roots
- Dae Jang Geum
- Chuno (good for first half, at least)
- Jumong

Re: Recommended/Favorite K-dramas (ask for suggestions here)

Posted: Jun 14th, '15, 15:58
by koshonin
kitty10 wrote:The following are all sageuk:
- Queen Seon-deok
- Tree With Deep Roots
- Dae Jang Geum
- Chuno (good for first half, at least)
- Jumong
Thank you

I started with Chuno: very good cast

Re: Recommended/Favorite K-dramas (ask for suggestions here)

Posted: Jul 30th, '15, 01:35
by kdramalover1996
Can anyone suggest me good korean dramas from 2007-2013 time period..??? :-)

Re: Recommended/Favorite K-dramas (ask for suggestions here)

Posted: Feb 13th, '16, 03:44
by nolja
Can anyone suggest dramas that help with studying Korean?
Such as variety shows! Looking for some really good ones~

Re: Recommended/Favorite K-dramas (ask for suggestions here)

Posted: Mar 2nd, '16, 22:20
by kdramalover1996
nolja wrote:Can anyone suggest dramas that help with studying Korean?
Such as variety shows! Looking for some really good ones~
Variety shows-

running man
2 days 1 night
Infinity Challenge
We got married
Real men
Radio star
My little tv

And old ones like
X-man
Family outing
Heroes
Miss gold is coming

Re: Recommended/Favorite K-dramas (ask for suggestions here)

Posted: May 15th, '16, 16:08
by doramalover11
I'm in love with My lawyer, Mr. Jo. It's serious drama(law) with comedy. Is there any kdrama like that? I think it's similar with jdrama Legal high and Hero, law-comedy

Re: Recommended/Favorite K-dramas (ask for suggestions here)

Posted: Jun 20th, '16, 17:05
by kdramalover093
Hey,guys! :D
Does anyone know kdramas about the classical/renaissance period in Europe?Like about kings and queens and life at the court.I know that in Asia they didn't have a period quite like this,but i was thinking maybe someone made a drama like this,like the anime the rose of Versailles.Thank you!^_^

Re: Recommended/Favorite K-dramas (ask for suggestions here)

Posted: Jun 20th, '16, 18:17
by koshonin
kdramalover093 wrote:Hey,guys! :D
Does anyone know kdramas about the classical/renaissance period in Europe?Like about kings and queens and life at the court.I know that in Asia they didn't have a period quite like this,but i was thinking maybe someone made a drama like this,like the anime the rose of Versailles.Thank you!^_^
My absolute favorite is the kdrama 'Empress Ki'. check wiki.d-addicts.com if it meets your criteria. There is a torrent on nyaa.se.

Re: Recommended/Favorite K-dramas (ask for suggestions here)

Posted: Jun 21st, '16, 17:55
by bertiwooster
Many fantastic recommendations! My favorite K-drama in the last few years: "Oh My Ghostess." :thumleft:

Re: Recommended/Favorite K-dramas (ask for suggestions here)

Posted: Dec 8th, '18, 15:03
by SusieQ
The last Korean drama I completed was back in 2015. It was Late Night Restaurant, the Korean remake of one of my all-time favourite jdramas, Shinya Shokudou.

The last Korean drama I watched (and dropped) was Producer. I made it one episode. Around the same time, I made it 14 episodes into Blood... gave up. He would never embrace his dark side. *heavy sigh* I just really sympathized with the bad guy, you know? I mean, the "hero" was just SO melodramatic, you know?

Over the years I've had my share of ups and downs with kdramas. Ups like Pasta, Gourmet, Oh My Lady, Coffee Prince, and The Master's Sun.

Many, many downs...

But after watching Little Forest, I'm curious. Is there anything to be enjoyed by me?

Kdrama Suggestions

Posted: Jan 1st, '19, 23:20
by OhMyLove
Hello :-) ,
I am new to watching kdramas and I would like some suggestions. I watched Hwarang a year ago and I just finished Healer which I loved so much. I also watched a couple of kmovies.
Anyway, I am thinking about which kdrama should I watch next. I am searching for one that includes action and friendship.
I would be extremely thankful if you suggest me kdramas with these "genres".
Thank you in advance !! XD
(Sorry for my English, it's my third language :sweat: )

Recommendations!

Posted: Jul 22nd, '19, 16:59
by XiaRah
The guy falls in love first. I want the male lead to fall first for the female lead while female lead have no interest in male lead, It would be great to watch if him falling in love more while she still have no interest and he falls hard for the female lead. I don't want to watch something where female lead falls during same time he does or very soon, hope you get what I mean. Also, no annoying or cliche female lead, rather female who can defend herself and has strong character.

No sad ending and prefer light dramas/movies ^^''
You can also recommend me from other countries! ^^

Thank you :)

Re: Recommendations!

Posted: Jul 23rd, '19, 04:25
by Keiko1981
XiaRah wrote:
Jul 22nd, '19, 16:59
The guy falls in love first. I want the male lead to fall first for the female lead while female lead have no interest in male lead, It would be great to watch if him falling in love more while she still have no interest and he falls hard for the female lead. I don't want to watch something where female lead falls during same time he does or very soon, hope you get what I mean. Also, no annoying or cliche female lead, rather female who can defend herself and has strong character.

No sad ending and prefer light dramas/movies ^^''
You can also recommend me from other countries! ^^

Thank you :)
There is a whole topic dedicated to Kdramas recommendations. No need to start a new topic.