RECOMMENDED/FAVORITE KDRAMAS (ask for suggestions here)

Discuss Korean drama series here.
kimmie_ai_ni4

Post by kimmie_ai_ni4 » May 22nd, '05, 19:09

FULL HOUSE IS DA BEST!! MAH FAVE!//////hehe and SNOW WHITE TASTE OF SWEET LOVE>.... dats good too

apples

Post by apples » May 22nd, '05, 20:31

kwon_88 wrote:hello I'm new here im planning to buy All in, is it good?? what drama is much better Firebird/phoenix or All in?? please i need your recomendation please :D
i haven't finished most of all in and the last two episodes of firebird, but i must say that all in is better. there wasn't much spark in firebird's story, as i look back, it was quite boring. i ponder on why i was able to last 24 episodes.

armaniboi

hmm...

Post by armaniboi » May 22nd, '05, 21:04

Well, really.. I haven't seen a flawless Korean drama or just ones that I wanted to forget the flaws.

DISLIKE:

I don't know why people like I'm Sorry I Love You, I thought it was the worst Korean drama I've ever seen. I really wanted to like it too because so many people said that it was good. If there was ever a bad ending, this really is it. I don't want to spoil it but I can say that if I were a woman, I'd be very offended. If I were a Korean woman, I'd want to kill the writers. I also couldn't really feel the chemistry between the two main characters. With all this aside, I'll even admit, there were a few scenes that I really liked like teaching him Korean or some cooking scenes but it was just.. I don't know.. I mean even my female Korean friend after finishing it was just like.. 'what the..?'

LIKE:

Lover in Paris I actually really enjoyed because it wasn't that frustrating like other dramas and no death or terminal illnesses. The main characters had nice chemistry and it was nice. The ending was really not bad, it's just a little confusing and the writers didn't implement it as well as I would have liked but you can interpret it in any way that you want.

Full House I really liked the beginning, really fun, light-hearted but then it got too back and forth and a little annoying but then it ended okay. They touched upon the family thing a little that I liked since I really like Japanese family dramas.

Sangdoo had its moments, I still thought it was just mediocre. The main girl was really annoying a lot of times.

Stairway to Heaven was really good in the beginning. I really liked the kid stories and really felt for Jungsuh but then it just got way too sadistic with all this bad stuff happening to her and just.. yeah. It got way too back and forth plus all the typical Korean melodrama stereotypes during the second half just made it hard for me to get back into it.

Sassy Girl, Chun-Hyang is interesting. It's funny, very light-hearted and without any real substance, you can just enjoy it. The actor's expressions are always so extreme but it's not like it's a really serious drama so it's all fun. I haven't finished it yet (only on ep 11), but it's still doing the back and forth frustrating thing that I'm starting to get annoyed with.

The problem really with Korean dramas is that they don't develop characters other than the main two or three. This leaves characters so one-dimensional and just harder to relate to. It's almost an insult to me if like the writers and actors are like forcing you to hate these people and like these people like I can't make that decision myself. As well, the length is a little too long that is really not needed if it's not adding anything new to it. A lot of Korean dramas can be really 10 or so episodes instead of 16-20.

mikomi

Post by mikomi » May 22nd, '05, 21:53

wow, that was quite a detailed post there, armaniboi :lol . I agree that with the length of Kdramas, it's almost impossible for me to have a favorite Kdrama. Some tend to be really good in the beginning and then, they start to drag halfway till the end :x .

However, if you really want to watch a good Kdrama with substance, I recommend Medical Brothers (oldie but goodie). It was one of the first Kdramas I watched, and trust me, you won't regret watching it. To me, there wasn't a wasted moment with it. Jang Dong Gun was wonderful in the role of a cold-hearted and vulnerable doctor. I was unable to forget his image after the drama ended. The story was dark and the atmosphere was sort of depressing, but it was also very beautiful. And the ending was one of the best endings out there for Kdramas. Since then, I haven't been able to watch another Kdrama that good. I guess perhaps it was the first, that's why it was so good to me. What's so special about this particular drama? I guess it was the focus on humanity, not just love. Watch it and you will understand what I'm talking about.

A little note, Lee Young Ae was also in this drama :lol . I love this actress, she knows how to choose a good script.

armaniboi

ooh

Post by armaniboi » May 22nd, '05, 22:02

Thanks mikomi! I'll look out for it.

You bring up a good point --> like it wasn't about love primarily. I think that's why I like Japanese dramas more, because it focuses more on life, while love is a byproduct. Also, jdramas never really focus on just one relationship. In all the Korean dramas I've seen, it's always only the main couple that gets together.

I forgot to add a dislike in my previous post:

Love Story in Harvard. I wanted so much to like this just cause it was Kim Tae Hee haha but the story was sooo bad and the side characters really had no big part considering the main two characters never really wavered from their love. The American actors were so ridiculous too with overdramatic acting and odd personalities and almos bipolar.. But .. the whole premise was really weird and then they had the typical melodrama elements thrown in and I don't know.. it was also hard to feel the chemistry between the main two. But if it weren't for Kim Tae Hee, I wouldn't have finished the drama.

[LDG]buki

Post by [LDG]buki » May 26th, '05, 02:17

I do agree with what you guys are saying about korean dramas. I haven't watched a lot of J dramas only orange days and it does seem more realistic and contemporary? in many ways, which is very different from k dramas with its cancer storylines and one- love- one- life scenario. But i think people like k dramas more because the cast is better looking.

i watched a thousand year love and it is like a STAY AWAY movie. Terrible terrible movie, just didn't go anywhere n most of all kept repeating itself.

I usually watch alot of hk TVB series, and it's more like j dramas, they don't concentrate on the main characters love and its more realistic too.

captormoonlu

Post by captormoonlu » May 26th, '05, 02:19

Wonderful Life
was the first one I watched. Pretty good

Loving You
Not a great ending. The b**** is really, really annoying.

My sister in law is 19
Very, very good. Sad at the end. Once again, the b**** and the memory loss.

1 percent of Anything
Not bad. Quite slow. Not really exciting.

Trang Nguyen

Post by Trang Nguyen » May 26th, '05, 15:11

I love SWEET 18, Lee Dong Gun is absolutely adorable. His warm smiles even follows me into my dreams :).
FULL HOUSE is my first comedy KDrama, I loved it. But after watching Sweet 18 it become my second favourite. Bi is cute, but I would have loved him more if he didnt scream too much, even when he didnt know how to express himself
The third is My Little Bride. Lovely. BUt the female character is too young to fall in love seriously (in my view :D )
Cool Guy is good as well.
Umm, what else? Im watching CHUYN HANG, kind of love it. But maybe not as much as Sweet 18 or Full House. Hopefully there is a happy ending. I hate Chaerin :(, why does she have to come back when she doesnt love him?
My BFriend is type B? I dont like it.
I dont want to watch sweeping drama anymore. Something like Autumn in My Heart made me sick, it was too sad. Sorry everyone, I dont mean it's not good, but it made I feel really bad. And the male character was too weak, he looked sad all the time, never could do anything.
Winter sonata has a happy ending, but it was too slow, and too complicated, even unecessarily complicated. Choi Ji Woo cried too much. BYJ was as cute as he normally is
I'll keep watching comedy Korean drama. I learn lots from them, and they make me feel really happy. I even watch Sweet 18 and Full House again and again, I LOVE THEM! :w00t:

urbanscrappy
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by urbanscrappy » May 27th, '05, 21:51

1- Delightful Girl Chun-hyang
2- Snow White (Taste Sweet Love)
3- 1% Of Anything
4- Sweet 18

I'm omly half way through Chun_Hyang but am totally in love!!
Snow White was fantastic, the same guy who wrote it also wrote Attic Cat which I like apart from the ending which is just pah.
Full House was pretty good but I prefer others.

ar-a-mach
Location: Acty Shiodome 1-1-6 Kaigan "Shiodome Sio-site"-Minato-Ku / Tokyo-

Post by ar-a-mach » May 27th, '05, 21:59

an old one called ''since i met you'' :rofl:

mangosteen
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by mangosteen » May 27th, '05, 22:05

Full House and Oh Pil Seung Bong Soon Young.

nikeg

Re: hmm...

Post by nikeg » Jun 2nd, '05, 22:42

armaniboi wrote:Well, really.. I haven't seen a flawless Korean drama or just ones that I wanted to forget the flaws.

DISLIKE:

I don't know why people like I'm Sorry I Love You, I thought it was the worst Korean drama I've ever seen. I really wanted to like it too because so many people said that it was good. If there was ever a bad ending, this really is it. I don't want to spoil it but I can say that if I were a woman, I'd be very offended. If I were a Korean woman, I'd want to kill the writers. I also couldn't really feel the chemistry between the two main characters. With all this aside, I'll even admit, there were a few scenes that I really liked like teaching him Korean or some cooking scenes but it was just.. I don't know.. I mean even my female Korean friend after finishing it was just like.. 'what the..?'
i kinda believe that too it wasnt as great as ppl said it was (and for how many awards it won) prob b/c so ji sup was in there... i thought it was quite confusing in the beginning and the ending was like ............. ok......... just another classic melodrama. On the other hand Sad Love Story was the best melodrama ive ever seen... Kwon Sang woo and Kim Hee Sun had amazing chemistry and the duel storyline of frendship and love was great... i luved when they were kids and adults unlike STH which lost everything after the kids turned into adults... Sad Love Story will make you like melodramas again... maybe lol... but it is a DEFINITE MUST WATCH... also dont forget Emperor of the Sea which is so far favorite drama by far and im only halfway through.

Kimi-chan

Post by Kimi-chan » Jun 3rd, '05, 11:12

The first K-drama I ever seen was Stairway to heaven, the beggining was really good but in the end it got too long and sappy for my taste.
But my favourite is "Sad Sonata" / "Sad love story" is the best love k-drama I've ever seen, I enjoyed it until the very end ^__^. It's a must watch!

cuteangelika

Favorite Dramas

Post by cuteangelika » Jun 4th, '05, 05:49

Hi,

My hubby and I just finished watching Full House. Yup! Surprisingly, he watched it through the end with me and even stayed up until the wee hours. It's fun to watch this drama with someone you love. I swear, I loved him even more after watching this coz we can relate to the characters with the way we nag and fight with each other. :)

Anyway, here's my hit list:
Korean Drama
1- Full House
2- Lovers in Paris
3- Stairway to Heaven
4- Sad Sonata
5- Winter Sonata

Chinese/Taiwanese
1- Meteor Garden
2- Mars
3- Marmalade Boy
(Cant deny im an f4 fan huh?)

Japanese (well, these are the only 2 ive watched)
1-Great Teacher Onizuka
2-Waterboys

Korean Movies
1- Little Bride
2- Sex is Zero
3- Everybody has secrets

In the weird scale:
1- Old Boy (I wanted to puke afterwards)
2- Save the Green Planet (Super weird)

chymique

Post by chymique » Jun 5th, '05, 18:01

my favourite korean dramas :

1. Delightful Girl Choon-Hyang
2. The Last Dance Is With Me / Save The Last Dance For Me
3. Full House
4. I'm Sorry I Love You
5. My Love Patzzi
6. Sang Doo!! Let's Go To School
7. Successful Story of Bright Girl
8. Stairway to Heaven

:D :D

chitato_80

Post by chitato_80 » Jun 7th, '05, 04:22

Hmm let me make a list of all the k-dramas I've seen so far:

1. Autumn Love Story - what's the
2. Hotelier - don't understand why so many people like it .. it was just OK
3. Winter Sonata - probably my first fave drama
4. All About Eve - this is a good one as well
5. Glass Slippers - was so addictive but it was too long and draggy. Fast forwarded a lot of scenes to get to the end. Overall it was good though.
6. Sunlight Upon Me - Ok
7. Four Sisters - good one.
8. Her House - very long and draggy ..
9. All In - PROBABLY ON THE TOP OF MY LIST
10. My Love Patzzi - lighthearted, ok ..
11. Romance - ok too..
12. Loving You - i liked it.. but not memorable :p
13. What Happened in Bali - very unusual story. I LIKE IT !!!!!!!
14. Full House - loved it.. but I wasn't obsessed like I am with WHIB

In my queue :mrgreen: :
1. Sad Love Story
2. Bodyguard - got it because it was SOTM, not sure if it's any good
3. Propose - got it because it was SOTM, not sure if it's any good
4. Sandglass
5. Beautiful Days
6. Bright Girl's Success Story
7. Spring Days
8. Summer Scents - read so many mixed reviews abou this one
9. Attic Cat - read so many mixed review about this one too

:w00t: OMG I didn't realize I have so many dramas waiting to be watched :)

Thinking about getting the following :
1. Stairway to Heaven - probably #1 on my get- list
2. Sweet 18
3. Damo
4. Sorry I Love You
5. Stained Glass
6. Dae Jang Geum - afraid that it will get too draggy. Isn't it like 50+ eps ?
7. Lovers in Paris
8. Love Story in Harvard

aNToK
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by aNToK » Jun 9th, '05, 09:39

Hmm.. 16 pages and I don't even remember if I posted here or not!

As a total Kdrama fanatic, I've got tons of favorites, but I'll see if I can narrow it down a bit here:

Attic Cat- still my favorite, not sure why...
Save the Last Dance For Me: Eugene, yum! Liked it so much I helped sub...
Love Story in Harvard: KTH is too yummy for words. Oh, and the story's good too...
Nine-Tailed Fox: See above. KTH in leather? Oh yeah!!!
Stairway to Heaven: Love those cancer dramas... KTH as the bad girl.
All-In: SHG is enchanting as the love interest. Good all-around action/drama.
Winter Sonata: slow, tragic, my second Kdrama..
Summer Scent: Got me into this whole drama thing. Heck with you guys, I still love this one. (and I LIKED the ending...)
Sang-Doo: Loved it, loved the ending (check it's ending thread to see my vote...)
Full House: Hilarious, and SHG. Still have that damn 3 Bears song in my head...
What Happened in Bali: Probably appealing because the characters are just screwed up enough to be believable. Everyone pissed me off by the end, and the ending sucked!!! Strangely addicting though....
Romance: Boy student and girl teacher grow up and fall in love. Though not in that order...

currently watching:

Wonderful Life: More Eugene. This one is becoming my favorite quickly, though having to sub it while watching takes a little away.
Loveholic: Nicely tragic so far.
Sad Sonata: right there with Woli. Though from the title I'm guessing a sad ending...
MSIL is 19: Helping time this one. Looks interesting, but I'm only on ep 3.

Probably forgotten a ton, but I'm sleepy....

Shinigami

Post by Shinigami » Jun 9th, '05, 10:27

chitato_80 wrote: 6. Dae Jang Geum - afraid that it will get too draggy. Isn't it like 50+ eps ?
:lol
No it will not too draggy .. It is too addicted :lol

Now my favorite Dramas

1. GTO <= My first and favorite drama ever ^_^
2. Full House <= I can't get enough Bi :w00t:
3. Meteor Garden 1 <= My only favorite taiwanese Drama, once you watch it, you'll never be able to stop till end LOL
4. Gokusen 1 & 2 <= Love Yankumi ^_^
5. Waterboys <= very funny movie and drama :D
6. My Husband - Mukodono <= the Old one not the 2003 version. I don't like Sakai Noriko .. I love Takeuchi Yoko :P
7. Bright Girl Succes <= Thanks Antok, now I can watch HQ version of it in 16 days :D
8. Snow White <= The day I fall in love with Leewan LOL
9. Garasu No Kamen <= I love the manga and anime .. and now I love the drama too :wub:

Hayashi_kun

Post by Hayashi_kun » Jun 9th, '05, 11:46

I personally watched only a few Kdramas, but currently i highly recommend Loveholic. btw i'd like to find out a Kdrama which i only watched halfway, its chinese translation is First Love, featuring Jang Dong gun and Kim Hyun Joo, abt office love, any1 knows? i tot it was quite a nice drama too.

amijs

Post by amijs » Jun 9th, '05, 11:56

1% of anything is a good show
i think is a must watch show

chengy01

any recommendations?

Post by chengy01 » Jun 11th, '05, 03:16

Hi everyone,

there is such a wide range of korean dramas right now that i don't know which one to approach first, but i prefer light-hearted dramas rather than sappy dramas. But any recommendations will be greatly appreciated.. Thanks guys.

Moenyc2000

Post by Moenyc2000 » Jun 11th, '05, 03:16

Full House

Trang Nguyen

Post by Trang Nguyen » Jun 11th, '05, 03:37

Full House
Sweet 18
Sassy girl Choon Hyang
Wonderful life (People said it's good, but I havent tried myself 8) )

scott12199

Post by scott12199 » Jun 11th, '05, 03:57

snow white
attic cat
my love patzzi ( stupid ending...)
full house
sweet 18
wonderful life
Delightful Girl Choon-hyang
My fair lady (the one with nara jang)

MOrgil

Post by MOrgil » Jun 11th, '05, 05:49

Some of the Korean movies that I love:
A Moment To Remember
Windstruck
My Sassy Girl
My Little Bride

cj
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by cj » Jun 11th, '05, 12:03

guys.... i'm currently watching Only You... lead actor is the guy from Love Letter (the priest) and lead actress, the girl that acted as Chun Hyang. So far, 2 episodes are out...another one coming out today - I quite enjoy it.... so it seems like a good recommendation from what i've seen so far!!! So go for it!!!

orlink

something from me too

Post by orlink » Jun 11th, '05, 20:56

I liked all the korean dramas I have watched, and each made me feel and think different from the next. So, I can't say I have favourites. Still here are some comments about those that I have watched.

1. What Happened in Bali -- the sexiest drama I have seen. I found it super pleasant to watch. I liked the music a lot and also how it was in synch with the shady storyline.

2. Princes First Love -- this got me started with Korean dramas. I saw by chance episode 3 or 4 maybe and was so impressed by the freshness and cuteness of the actors and story. It took me several weeks before I determined for sure which channel and at what times slots it was being shown.

3. The story about the Irish girl, don't remember the name. That was interestingly strange. I liked the main actor.

4. Sad Sonata -- I thought this had too much "South American Soup Opera" feel to it, with many improbable coincedences, but still had plenty of the things that make korean dramas unique - it was very beautifully set, sophisticated and contained plenty of truth. The main actress is very beautifull. You will never look again at blind people as disabled.

5. Hot Tropical Nights in December -- I like how they depicted and contrasted village life and city life and the struggle of parents and kids separated between the village and the city, although this is not at all the main point of the drama.

6. Ruler of Your Own World -- this drama is more of a serious study than entertainment. It makes a very strong point.

7. Winter Sonata -- The main actor is great. This seems to be a very popular drama, and thought it was OK, but it did not make me think much.

8. Super Rookie -- This is a humorous pleasant to watch drama. It has it serious moments only presented in a humorous way.

Jecky

Post by Jecky » Jun 18th, '05, 01:03

well i only watched a couple of kdramas...so here's da list i remembered...
:nuts:

Autumn in my heart-made me cry :cry: really sad
Full house-love this,but never finish cuz i only borrow it from my neice... :-(
Stairway to Heaven-only seen a couple of episodes

i'm not a big fan of kdramas...i'm more of a jdrama :P

Lil_Bubot

Post by Lil_Bubot » Jun 18th, '05, 17:38

WOW!!! So many good K-Dramas to see... so little time!!! :D

These are my Favorite K-Drama's...some might not agree with my choices, but what can i say, .....uuummmm??? nothing..hehehehe.. 8)

1. I'm Sorry, I Love You... I'm actually almost done with this series... I'm saving the last episode, when I'm good and ready :P .... This series is so good! i don't want it to end... It took me a while before i decided to watch this series... I thought, it's going to depress me after i finish watching it.. (Like Stairway to heaven).. Since everyone knows about the plot and that the main guy WILL die in the end... I wasn't sure if i wanted to watch it.. finally!!! I just went for it!!! and Thank god I did... This series is the BEST... The Main guy in this series is so gorgeous and such a great actor.. actually, the whole casts is great....OH!!! and the KISS.. whoa! baby!.... unlike other K-drmas, where the women are so "tight lip" that you just wonder if she's in pain or something... The KISS between the main character is just...Ohhhhh.... not daring, but a real kiss, the girl is actually kissing back and meeting him halfway!!! That's a real love kiss!!!.. :wub: . You feel the love between them.... i'm just sad that, there's only 16 episode... I want more... :cry:

2. Stairway to Heaven You better be prepare to cry your eyes out for this series... and i'm not exagerating ... YES! this is an all night crying session... get your eyes mask or cucumbers ready for this series, because my eyes was all red and puffy after watching this series... If you want DRAMA... this is it... don't look anywhere else... :cry: oh yeh!! seeing KSW in the shower, is one of the reason that It's one of my favorite!! I love you KSW ..hehehehehe

3. Full House .. If you want something lighthearted and not much crying going on and good looking actors... this is the drama for you... There's a lot of funny and cute scenes.. you jus want to fall in love all over again...Oh yeah! Nobody dies!!! Highly recommended...

4. Sweet 18.. Love it!!! Such a good Drama... Like full House, Romantic Comedy and great chemistry between the main actors.. very amusing too...watch it... you won't regret it... :lol

5. Lover's in Paris..Great Story, not a very good looking characters, except for LDG.. but awesome!! (Ending is a little weird... but ok.. it took me a while to get it..hehehehe.. i guess i'm slow... :P ...nah!!!! it's not me...)

6. Attic Cat: Similar story type to Full House... recommended...

These series are on the top of my list right now... Hope there will be more GREAT series to come... Thanks for D-Addicts and the everyone who makes all this possible.
For a Non-Korean Speaking like me...Thank you for giving me the opportunity to experience great korean drama... Thank you! :-)

jandevangel

cat decide???

Post by jandevangel » Jun 18th, '05, 20:27

hi hi...well i just wana ask u guys which of these are the cool one to watch first cuz i cant decide...so yah any ideas???..
Attic Cat
Sweet 18
All in
LEts go to school-sang doo
Sorry, i love you
my sassy girl
delightful girl choon hyang
orange days
hello my teacher
1% of anything
romance
she is nineteen
successful story of a bright girl
the outisders..
>>>cuz sum ppl gave me these names to watch..so..iono which one first..to watch..ehhehe..cuz i jst finishd full house..and i really lyk it...i watch it from www.my5minutes.com and u dnt need to download it..hehehe..

tokyo shounen

Post by tokyo shounen » Jun 18th, '05, 20:30

many masterpieces there, romance, sang doo and im sorry i love you. one of those if you ask me ;)

Kai Lien
AiRen
AiRen

Post by Kai Lien » Jun 18th, '05, 20:36

Romance & Bright Girl's Success

jandevangel

Post by jandevangel » Jun 18th, '05, 20:36

thank you :D :D

scott12199

Post by scott12199 » Jun 19th, '05, 05:21

did you really watch full house at www.my5minutes.com? is it like the full version with subtitle?

jandevangel

Post by jandevangel » Jun 19th, '05, 05:32

yah..i watch it in www.my5minutes.com and it has the whole episode till the end and its a hardsubbed.

tequila_bb

Post by tequila_bb » Jun 24th, '05, 09:20

I like some tear jerkers dramas but will not watch them back to back. Beautiful characters dying from cancers, going blind, long lost siblings or other tragic circumstances happening all at once....nooo! Anyway, watched a few kdramas in the past - here are my favs (not in any order):

- All About Eve
- All In
- Autumn Fairy Tale (this one has almost every kdrama cliche but it got me watching more kdramas after)
- Beautiful Days
- Full House
- A Bright Girl's Success Story
- Dae Jang Geum
- Damo

JadedAngel

Post by JadedAngel » Jun 24th, '05, 13:33

jandevangel wrote:yah..i watch it in www.my5minutes.com and it has the whole episode till the end and its a hardsubbed.
Wow, I really have to go check this site out. It would save my comp a whole lot of space if I could watch some of the episodes there. :lol

saramememe

Post by saramememe » Jun 24th, '05, 13:55

ooh must join in this discussion I loove K dramas

my recent faves are:

Punch (so good love story and fun!!),
Nine tailed fox (kim tae hee so pretty and cool story though weird at first),
Stairway to heaven is a classic fantasy drama,
LOVE Green Rose well from half way like eps 9 onwards so good!!!,

But the ALL TIME BEST is from like over 7 years ago... its like whats considered the originial best that all the more present k dramas kinda learnt from..
i dont remember title.. something about a heart and star
had super stars Ahn Jae Wook, Choi Jin Shil, Cha In Pyo.. was THE BEST ^^

eunchae

Post by eunchae » Jun 27th, '05, 02:17

MISA!!! The best korean drama ever!! and I've watched quite a few :P

garnet07

Post by garnet07 » Jun 27th, '05, 08:52

Not in order (just listing)

Must Watch:
1. Dae Jang Geum
2. Full House
3. Delightful Girl Choon Hyang
4. Sweet 18
5. I'm Sorry I Love You
6. Autumn Story
7. Let's Go To School Sang Doo
8. Last Dance is With Me
9. Ruler of Your Own World
10. My Love Pattzi
11. Nine Tailed Fox
12. All In
13. Oh Pil Seung
14. Punch (ahh first k-drama i watched without subs, ahhhh pleasseee sub this please)

Should at least see once:
1. Stairway to Heaven
2. Lover in Paris
3. Loving You
4. Attic Cat (like full house, but main girl gets annoying and not as cute)
5. Love Letter (good, but slow as heck)
6. Stained Glass (still waiting for subs, but good so far from what I have seen)
6. Sad Love Story (still watching, maybe its gonna be another slow drama but oh i luv ksw)
7. Winter Sonata (ahhh, first drama that I watched with CJW on it so i thought she's really good actress especially as crying, but didnt know that it is all she can do
:O )
8. Summer Scent (hey its not that bad, the chemistry between 2 leading actors is pretty good, and i like the ost)
9. Beautiful Days (another CJW)
10. Friends (hmm, i like both of the leading actor and actress, but they dont really have much chemistry)
11. Thousand Years of Love (saved by So Ji Seup’s superb acting)
12. Snow White (ok ok its pretty close to stay away, but i like the first half of it until somewhere in between it just lost all of its charisma)

Stay Away:
1. Damo (why do ppl say its so good, it got so boring and the plot line went downhill after epi1)
2.Propose (didnt have the heart to finish it, main actress cant act)
3. Loveholic (ok ok, I watched till epi7, only started watching because of Kangta, but ahhhh there is no chemistry whatsoever, I tried my best but the main girl gets on my nerves)
4. Prince's First Love (have everything now just need to have the time and heart to finish it yay :|
5. Umm there are more bad ones out there, just cant think of any right now.

Currently watching
1. 1% of Anything (ya like wat ppl said gets really slow but i like the acting)
2. Glass Shoes (wow good so far, sad though)
3. Love Story in Harvard (need to watch it)
4. 18vs29 (so funny, hope the subs come out soon)
5. My Sister in law in 19 (hope jung da bin(if thats how u spell her name) doesnt get annoying on this one, but i really like it so far)
6. sad sonata :pale: (then again its same actress from propose so i dont know, might give up soon)

simmic

Post by simmic » Jun 29th, '05, 11:15

For me... my current korean obsession is what happened in bali. Indeed the whole series is rather dark but jo in sung just makes tha darkness of humankind seem oh so inticing. Overall a very well done series. The characters are well portrayed even though some people might think that they are inconsistent but then again, I myself am not too consistent either.

tzejin

Post by tzejin » Jun 29th, '05, 11:49

hi

is anyone able to catergorise for me good and really funny series?

i have full house and sweet 18 and i have watched bright girls sucess story

any more highly recommended and funny shows which will really crack me up?? :w00t:

thanks in advance!!

JadedAngel

Post by JadedAngel » Jun 29th, '05, 13:02

tzejin wrote:hi

any more highly recommended and funny shows which will really crack me up?? :w00t:

thanks in advance!!
Hmm, maybe try "Attic Cat", "Country Princess", or "My Sister-in-law is 19"? That's all I can think of right now.

tzejin

Post by tzejin » Jun 29th, '05, 13:40

JadedAngel wrote:
tzejin wrote:hi

thanks in advance!!
Hmm, maybe try "Attic Cat", "Country Princess", or "My Sister-in-law is 19"? That's all I can think of right now.
thanks for the info
i will try my sister-in-law is 19 now

anymore recommendations are greatly appreciated! :D

jianwa

Should I download "My Sister-in-Law is 19?"

Post by jianwa » Jun 30th, '05, 16:58

Is this a romantic comedy? Better than Snow White by chance? I thought Snow white was sub ok drama if the intention was romance comedy.

Also thinking of downloading "Save The Last Dance" but am not sure if its good or not.

Only want to dl it because of Eugene! :lol:

JadedAngel

Post by JadedAngel » Jun 30th, '05, 17:09

Well I haven't seen Snow White but "My Sister-in-law is 19" is hilarious! I've been laughing hysterically. :lol And Jung Da Bin and Yoon kye Sang have great chemistry.

As for Save the Last dance, I think you'll like it. :D

Romance

Post by Romance » Jun 30th, '05, 17:09

save the last dance is one of my absolute favs, havent begin watching 19 yet

jianwa

Post by jianwa » Jun 30th, '05, 20:28

Romance wrote:save the last dance is one of my absolute favs, havent begin watching 19 yet
Why is it so good without giving out the spoiler info?

pr0phecy

Post by pr0phecy » Jul 1st, '05, 01:05

i like emperor of the sea

iluvu43va143

Post by iluvu43va143 » Jul 1st, '05, 01:37

here are the ones that i would definitely recommend:
1. I'm sorry I love you
1. Full House
2.. What happened in Bali
3. Save the last dance for me.
I put I'm sorry I love you and Full house both at #1 because they're the BEST!!!
those two surely will keep you hooked on Kdrama.

Jannah
Geinou Fansubber
Geinou Fansubber

Post by Jannah » Jul 1st, '05, 02:00

You should post this in the RECOMMENDED/FAVORITE KOREAN DRAMAS thread.

And yes, you should download My Sister-in-Law is 19 if you're looking for a good dramedy & The Last Dance is With Me if you're looking for a good melodrama.

Romance

Post by Romance » Jul 1st, '05, 02:07

jianwa wrote:
Romance wrote:save the last dance is one of my absolute favs, havent begin watching 19 yet
Why is it so good without giving out the spoiler info?
Much happens, everything fits, well written, many "omg i cant wait till they get to know and see what happens after" and so on. and great actors of course, and the soundtrack is amazing!

aNToK
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by aNToK » Jul 1st, '05, 02:08

I recommend them both! MSIL19 has the potential be be better than Sang-Doo in that area, while Last Dance is definitely one of the better melodramas out there.

(The fact that I've worked on both has nothing to do with my recommendation. Really.... :P )

evildevil

Post by evildevil » Jul 1st, '05, 06:27

1. Dae Jang Geum
- It's a completely different drama from others drama. It doesn't focus on only love story. There are alot of exciting scenes like cooking and curing ppls. There is love story in here as well. Even though the drama does not focus on the love story as much, I think its sweet and meaningful. I just Love it. lolz. I know the number 54 is :cry: , but seriously, I want more. Another thing that I really love about this serie is that the story reveal every sides of the characters, both evil and good. The "supposed to be good" person sometimes are not "so good" .. i mean .. not evil evil but .. not nice :D. And for some scenes I just love the evil characters, they dont want to be evil, but the surroundings forced them to be.

2. I'm Sorry I love You
- A love Korean drama. The story isn't all about love. Its more of mother and son love, sister and brother. The music, the story, the casts are just perfect.

3. My Love Patzii
- If you just start watching Korean drama. Like you heard about ur friends watching Korean drama and You wanna give it a try. I said this one is the best one to try. Its short, its funny, its cute. It has the evil girl, the rich guy, the poor girl, and the poor guy relationship. I just think this one is a good one to try if u wanna try k-drama out. Its only 13 epsi so :mrgreen:

4. Lovers in Paris
- First i didn't even look at this serie becuz i heard its another cinderella story. But after it was shown in Vietnam, I started to watch it so i can discuss with my friends since all of them were talking about it. Gosh, I love this serie. Yes it is another cinderella story, but its script that make this serie my favorite drama. Park Shin Yang is just .... a killer. LOLZ.

Lol. I'm just gonna post up all the dramas I watched and .. number 1 is my most favorite one.

1. Dae Jang Geum
2. I'm sorry I love You
3. Lovers in Paris
4. My Love Patzii
5. Delightful girl choon hyang
6. Wonderful Life
7. Bright girl sucess
8. Full House
9. Romance
10. Stairway to Heaven
11. Fire Bird

seon-mi

Post by seon-mi » Jul 2nd, '05, 02:19

Delighful Girl Choon-Hyang and All About Eve! :)

garnet07

Post by garnet07 » Jul 2nd, '05, 19:27

Best Funny Korean Dramas:
1. Full House :wub: :wub: :wub: :wub: :wub: (just watch it, u wont be dissappointed)
2. Sweet 18 :wub: :wub: :wub: :wub: :wub: (luv both of main actors, lots of chemistry and laughs)
3. Delightful Girl Choon Hyang :wub: :wub: :wub: :wub: (main actor's facial expressions<-hilarious :lol )
4. My Love Pattzi (i was in the mood for more Jang Nara)
5. Bright Girl Success Story (first half mostly)
6. Let's Go To School Sang Doo (first half then gets serious afterwards, still funny though, Bi can act like a gigolo so well :roll )
7. My Sister in Law is 19
8. 18vs29 ( hey in a way it is funny)

chibibear

Post by chibibear » Jul 4th, '05, 01:38

My 3 favourite dramas:

SWEET 18 [it's a must watch! :-) )
Stairway to Heaven
I'm Sorry I Loved You

cheque13

My Sister-in-Law is 19

Post by cheque13 » Jul 4th, '05, 10:39

Hi,

Am thinking of buying the VCD, any comments? or what's this show all abt? Saw the lead actors and actress like not very famous is it thus stop me from buying it? I prefer something that is funny or commedy like, Full house, just finished watching really a good and funny show.

Thks!
:-)

lovetohug

Post by lovetohug » Jul 5th, '05, 19:12

Personally i think people give Delightful/ sassy girl choon-hyang less credit than it deserves, i feel that its the best drama ive watched, its funny throughout the series and you connect with the characters. Mong-ryong is really funny and u root for him and chun-hyang all the way through. If you want to laugh till you cry and cry ur heart out watch Delightful Girl Choon-Hyang :wub:

Romance

Post by Romance » Jul 5th, '05, 19:18

Recently finnished save the last dance for me, there arent words enough to describe how much i loved it :wub:

pinky

Post by pinky » Jul 6th, '05, 15:21

My top five picks for K-drama :

1) Lovers in Paris
2) Full House
3) Delightful Girl
4) Snow White (Sweet Taste of Love)
5) 1% of anything

Nobody dies, nobody got terminal disease and they have happy ending!!!!
:D :D :D

Mckezik

Post by Mckezik » Jul 7th, '05, 18:34

i would reccomend

1. Stairway to heaven

2. Full House

3. Sweet 18

4. Sorry, i love you

sorry i know this might be the wrong thread...but i cant find torrents for save the last dance for me and i cant find My Sister-in-Law is 19 700mb version torents

please help!!

xsweetmelodyx

Post by xsweetmelodyx » Jul 8th, '05, 02:14

Must Watch

FULL HOUSE - Bi is irrisitible in here so how can any1 resist right? :wub: SHK is awsome as well. I can watch this series over and over. Never once did I find it boring. The scenary is very beautiful too. Two thumbs up!!! :-) :D :wub:

Delightful Girl Chun Hyang - Jae Hee is too cute in here..I love his role as Mong Ryong :wub: . I had many good laughs although it kinda drags at the end. Overall I really like the story :-)

All In - Ahhh my first korean drama..Lee Bung Hyung is soo hot :wub: I love how this series does not focuse only on love... it talks abt friendship as well..plus SHK and LBH have a great chemistry..I just love these two lovebirds..too bad they broke up :-(

Let's go to school Sangdoo - I love Bi's acting in here although I dont really like the main actress. Bori is soo adorable..she acts soo good just for a 5 years old.(i think that's her age). The ending will leave you thinking why it happened the way it had. Very sad but funny as some point.

I'm Sorry I Love You - wow I just fell in love with So Ji Sup right after i watched this. His acting is incredible. The story is superb..I just love everything abt this series..be prepare to cry..and remember to have a box of tissue next to u..dont worry..this series does not drag at all nor does it make u bored

Save the Last Dance for Me - If you're a fan of eugene then this is the right drama for u..her acting is awsome in here..the story is like a fairtytale..there love story just brings u to tears..heheh i miss them already :wub:

hahahha I noticed that every korean series I watched..i felt in love with the male actors :D :D

DO NOT WATCH!
Stairway to heaven - ok i know a lot of people liike this drama but no offense..i find it soo fake and boring..i dont think something like that can happen in real life..and this is way too sad..maybe i'm just not into these crying nonstop movie..CJW has one of the worst life possible and i find it really really fake..so overall i didn't like it.

Autumn Tale - I only watched this because SHK and SSH were in it. IN the beginning it was alright but then it just drags on and on..horrible

little_mermaid

Post by little_mermaid » Jul 8th, '05, 16:49

lbhismyoppa wrote:You must get your hands on Attic Cat - in some ways, it's even better than Fullhouse... (absolutely not dissing FH... loved the show).

Another drama you might want to check out is Dating Now - Chae Rim is hilarious and Kwon Sang Woo is sizzling hot!!!!

:D :D :D
Hey !! Where do you get the drama Dating Now !!! :wub: :wub:

h2lam

cant find lover in paris with english subtitle

Post by h2lam » Jul 10th, '05, 21:45

Hi there,
does anyone know where I can find Lover In Paris with English subtitle? I am not Korean so I cant understand it unless there is subtitle. I downloaded the 1st episode from D Addicts but it does not have english subitle. Where can I find one with english subtitle? Does anyone know of any good sites that have english subtitle Korean dramas? Please email me at h2lam@ryerson.ca. Thanks.

kungfu

Post by kungfu » Jul 11th, '05, 07:04

just watched nine tailed fox :D any thing else like sort of action drama etc :P

Yukino Miyazawa

Post by Yukino Miyazawa » Jul 11th, '05, 07:32

All the Korean dramas I've watched were just great! I mean, the women throwing crying tantrums sometimes got annoying, but I thought they were all good in their own respects.

Sweet 18 - Good series. I loved Lee Dong Gun and Han Ji Hye were very cute together (And it's cute that now they're a real couple). But like a lot of other people, I thought the series could have excluded the last couple episodes. It did kind of get drawn out. I still thought it was a great series. It was very funny and filled with romantic tension.

Full House - Awesome series! I loved the chemistry between all the characters and it was filled with lots of laughter! It was great!

Wonderful Life - I'm not yet done with it, but it is a great and unique story. I read that somebody thought it was cliched and predictable, but I thought it was unique. And anything classified as a romantic comedy will have predictable plots. But the little girl in the series is cute and the two main characters' chemistry is great. Also very funny!

Winter Sonata - Great series with an interesting plot. My only gripe was that the actors did not look young enough to play their high school counterparts.

Loveholic - I like it, but most people wouldn't care for a really dramatic teacher-student relationship. Sometimes, I admit that it feels Sailor Moon-ish (and for those who ever watched that show and remember Usagi and Mamoru's stupid break-up, you'll understand what I mean [Gosh, this is weird. I'm recalling things from my pre-teen days...]). But I like it. I also love Kangta, so it was all good for me.

Yurihwa - I love that story! All I have to say. Then again, one of my two fave Korean actors (Kim Sung Soo and Lee Dong Gun) are in it. Need I say more? :D

I really want to see 18 vs 29, but I'll wait til it comes out on DVD. My friend said it's the funniest series! So I recommend that one because my friend is always right. And the Dae Jang Geum - definitely want to see. I heard that was good. 8) 8)

h2lam

Where can I find Dae Jang Geum?

Post by h2lam » Jul 11th, '05, 13:16

I search for Dae Jang Geum on D Addctis, but they dont have the whole series. Does anyone know any other sites that I can download Korean dramas besides D Addict?

kungfu

Post by kungfu » Jul 11th, '05, 20:58

just finished watching my first korean drama nine tail fox :D was excellent 10/10 all guys played there parts wicked especially the lead wo! 1 thing i did notice they bloody do look out of the window a lot in korean drama :crazy:

chan2x

Post by chan2x » Jul 12th, '05, 10:21

What happened in Bali
and Spring Day

monkhoous

Post by monkhoous » Jul 12th, '05, 22:29

I really liked All in and The Sandglass can someone recommend dramas or tv series similar to the two I just mentiened like with mafias and gangstars but not some konfu stuff

Thank You!

Michael

Post by Michael » Jul 14th, '05, 09:22

DAMO & Dae Jang Geum - 9/10

Thousand Years of Love - 8.5/10

The Nine-Tailed Fox - 8.5/10

Prince's First Love - 7.5/10

Love Story In Harvard - 7/10

Last edited by Michael on Sep 6th, '05, 16:22, edited 6 times in total.

sunsx_xiang

:D

Post by sunsx_xiang » Jul 16th, '05, 07:38

Must Watch: [not really in order]
1. Dae Jang Geum - BEST K-series I've ever seen. The plot is way interesting than the others drama because it's tempting. You'll never get bored. Grade: A+++
2. All about Eve - I just love Jang Dong Gun and Chae Rim... :wub: Sweet story. I think you'll be satisfy with it. Grade: A+
3. Doctor Brothers (I'm not sure this was the name. first K-drama :D ) I watched this a very very very long time ago. Like 1995-1999 (Somewhere in there). I don't quite remember the plot, but it was a highlighted series back in those days. Grade: ?
4. Models - This movie followed by the Doctor Brothers. Jang Dong Gun sucess is going high... If you're a fan of his, must watch. Grade: ?
5. Full house - Hilarious. A little bit draggy, but still good. The plot is very cute, funny, entertaining. I cried in a few parts. The OST is great too. Grade: A
6. Glass shoe - I have nothing much to say about this, but it was worth watching. I warned you. It could be very draggy. Grade: B+
7. Mr. Duke - I like the plot alot. Finally a plot where Choi Ji Woo didn't have to die... Grade: A-
8. Wish upon a star - Exellent group of actors. Grade: ?
9. Lovers in Paris: The ending is not that bad. Maybe not as satisfy, but not bad. I like the plot a lot, and I think you'll like it too. The beginning just sucked you in into the rest of the series. Though you might be disappoint when Song-hyuk began to change his image. (What I meant by disappointed in is the plot at that point, not Lee Dong Good's look) Grade: A
10. My name is Kim Sam Soon: I LOVE this series. One of the best series. You'll definitly laugh at something every eps. Somewhat similiar to Full House about the contract. Nice group of actor. <3 Hyun Bin. You gotta love his smile. :wub: Grade: A+

Okay Series...

. Stairway to heaven - Kwon Song woo (was it? I don't remember) is so awsome! I like this series, but the last 6 eps. were very disappointing. I understand that the writer want you cry the whole movie, but the last 6-8 eps. were just a waste of time... Seriously... You might as well stopped at eps. 12-14. I was crying so much in the first two eps. Gotta give props to the younger version of Jung-so and Song-jo. I swear. the actors + actresses in this series are like the masters of crying. I wonder how they did it... Grade: B-
. Autumn in my heart - I didn't like this as much because... i don't know. There are a lot of other series that have the same plot at the end, so it kind of got old. Grade: B-
.Spring Time [aka Day of Youth] - It was nice though you'll see the similar plots in *cough* others sad series... I liked the beginning though. Grade: B
.Goodbye my love- Isn't the title pretty much predictable? Grade: C+
.Winter Sonata - I thought it was okay. I didn't like Choi Ji Woo as much. xP Grade: C+
.Dating now - I enjoyed this. It's about a girl's normal family going through love and stuff. It's pretty cute. Starring Chae Rim (All about Eve) and So Ji (from Sorry, I love you, i'm not sure about his name :P ) Grade: B
.I'm still loving you - (not sure if this was the right title) It's a cute series... Chae Rim. One of my fav. actress. :w00t: This series about a girl who have a crush on her teacher. Grade: B
.Attic Cat - It was okay. Grade: C
. Four sisters - I didn't like it as much... Grade: C-
. Her house - Draggy. So long... Grade: C-
. Beautiful Days - No comment. Grade: C
. Last Jump [or Last Match]- Gotta love Jang Dong Gun. It's about basketball. Grade: B+
. Racers (not sure if it's the right title) - Featured the main actor from All In. It's about two brothers who are nasa racers and they're competing. Etc. Starring the main actor from All In. Grade: B+
.Story of sucessful girl - The plot is pretty common. Only a few minor new ideas. Grade: C
. My love patzatti - Not that great. Grade: C-

Currently Watching or Stay away from
. I'm Sorry I love you - I finished this drama. Even though a lot of ppl said they like this drama, but I don't like it for some reason. Stupid ending. It's not fun. I don't recommend it. Grade: C
. Oh Pil Seung Bong Soon Young - I LOVE the series so far. Currently watching 13/16 and processing... It's funny. :lol I would finish this a long time ago if somebody seed the last 4 eps. ;_;
.Loveholic - I'm watching... 3/16 so far. I dropped it from there.
.Thousand Years of Love - It's okay. Not great or not bad. Save by the main actor from Im Sorry I love you.
. Summer Scent- Stay away from... I don't recommend it, but if you have nuthin to do, watch it if you bother. Grade: D
. All In - I lost interest in this... I think it'll fall into the Complex + Sad drama... Grade: ?
. Love - BAD ending. Stay away from this. Jang Dong Gun fans, don't let this spoil your idolization. (<- not sure idolization is a word.) :P Grade: D-
. Let's go to school Sang-doo - (1/?) So far... not a great impression on the first eps.
. Phoenix/Firebird - Dropped after seeing the first 15 min. My parents were watching this series. No recommendation.
. Bad girls - I didn't got to finish it... :glare: It was okay... It wasn't a good combination of actors. I wouldn't recommend this.

* Some I'm not sure of the title because I translated it from Vietnamese to English. Who knows they changed the name.
Last edited by sunsx_xiang on Aug 19th, '05, 06:06, edited 5 times in total.

jaycee05
Fansubber
Fansubber

Re: :D

Post by jaycee05 » Jul 16th, '05, 16:44

sunsx_xiang wrote:.Spring Days - It was nice, but again... actress died because of cancer or whatever. These plots got old.
Oh man, can't you censor the bombshells (like what I did above) and not just dropping them so out of the blue? :glare: Sad to say I'm on ep07 of Spring days, and I didn't saw "that" coming. OMG! I am watching the show in moderate speed coz I thought it is great, but then after reading that, I was kinda disappointed. It'll be hard for me now to finish this show knowing THAT is coming up :-(

sunsx_xiang

Re: :D

Post by sunsx_xiang » Jul 16th, '05, 17:51

jaycee05 wrote:Oh man, can't you censor the bombshells (like what I did above) and not just dropping them so out of the blue? :glare: Sad to say I'm on ep07 of Spring days, and I didn't saw "that" coming. OMG! I am watching the show in moderate speed coz I thought it is great, but then after reading that, I was kinda disappointed. It'll be hard for me now to finish this show knowing THAT is coming up :-(
Waa.... :cry: I'm so sorry I forgot that I spoiled it... I'm going to be more careful next time... Sorryy.... :unsure: