RECOMMENDED/FAVORITE KDRAMAS (ask for suggestions here)

Discuss Korean drama series here.
Snufkin8

Post by Snufkin8 » Jul 5th, '11, 12:55

Thanks for the suggestions everyone. :-)

curiositee

Non-romance?

Post by curiositee » Jul 8th, '11, 20:38

Hi all,

Anyone have any suggestions on non-romance K-dramas? I've seen a number of big-time, big-fanbase dramas (e.g. Secret Garden) and the romantic plot always annoyed me bc it was always so basic and predictable. I couldn't even finish Secret Garden, and it's not even as predictable and simple as most of the others.

I like comedy, actual history (not totally fictional; e.g. Three Kingdoms), political/business mind games, shows where you can actually learn some stuff (e.g. Mr. Brain), or generally shows with intelligent, witty characters and script. Any suggestions?

I like romance, but I often lose interest in K-drama romance bc it tends to be so overblown, and often about female characters having serious self-esteem issues (is it even healthy to watch a lot of this??) or inane bickering and waterworks. I've heard good things about Soulmate? Does it have intelligent characters?

Thanks!

Orion1986

Post by Orion1986 » Jul 8th, '11, 21:03

@ Curiositee, I feel ya. I do enjoy these dramas, since I don't take them too seriously, but some of them can get downright annoying.
Unfortunately, those appeal to their main demographic. Teen girls and older women who need soap operas. So, no changing that. XD

I can offer That Fool as a nice alternative. It's still rom-com, but it's not like the rest. It's more human and more honest in how it's made.
Also, The Man Who Can't Get Married is similar in maturity. We actually have a couple in its late 30s early 40s and all. It's a fun series.

I would suggest City Hunter as far as action goes. It's a VERY high quality show and any mistakes are forgiven due to the overall quality.

As far as non romantic shows go, I would suggest God's Quiz, but it does not have subtitles for it yet. We're sort of working on a solution for that right now.
This one is a crime/medical series. Bit like CSI with some Law & Order and also some others thrown in. If you'd be interested in the future, check my blog.

And... what else.. I'm sure I'm leaving things out, but my mind froze right now. Well, I'd love to watch more non rom-com, but unfortunately, those don't get as much publicity.
I mean, rom com, melo and sageuk is all there seems to be. I am not into historical tragedies (and they always end in tragedy) and melo is just too hilarious to take seriously.

So, I keep watching light rom coms. I did try The Devil and you may like it, but it disappointed me cause everyone got a bit stupid/melo towards the end. I wanted non-stop sickness.
But I'd love to see supernatural, mystery shows. Things like that. Even crime shows. But no one talks about those and there might be issues with the subtitles, like with God's Quiz.

No fangirls, no party. XD

Sham26

Post by Sham26 » Jul 8th, '11, 21:52

@ Curiositee, I may add : Sign , Joseon's x-files, White christmas , Harvest Villa ( so scary , funny , not that ovweblown romance),Jejoongwon...

Orion1986

Post by Orion1986 » Jul 8th, '11, 22:08

Sham, might check some of them too. Joseon X-Files could be interesting. I had gotten interested way back when but the period element didn't let me take it further. :P

Will check em out. ^^

Sham26

Post by Sham26 » Jul 9th, '11, 03:07

Orion1986 wrote:Sham, might check some of them too. Joseon X-Files could be interesting. I had gotten interested way back when but the period element didn't let me take it further. :P

Will check em out. ^^
Looking forward to read what you think about it , either negative or positive !

Sham26

Post by Sham26 » Jul 11th, '11, 10:04

It's my turn to ask for help , I am currently watching "City Hunter" and "I Need Romance"but I need something to watch while waiting for the new episodes ,I tried to read so many synopsis but nothing captured my attention , so If anyone can suggest to me some decent drama with a good acting and interresting plot that keeps you hooked or a must-watch drama with a good life lesson , the genre dosnt matter ! I admit thta 's quite difficult but I'll be really grateful to you !
Thanks in advance and have a nice day : )

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » Jul 11th, '11, 10:14

Revenge of Gumiho (aka: Gumiho: Tale of The Fox Child), Dal Ja's Spring, Goodbye Solo, Que Sera Sera...

Sham26

Post by Sham26 » Jul 11th, '11, 20:27

Ethlenn wrote:Revenge of Gumiho (aka: Gumiho: Tale of The Fox Child), Dal Ja's Spring, Goodbye Solo, Que Sera Sera...
As I've already seen the other ones, I'll try "Goodbye Solo" then !
Thanks dear :cheers:

Cyborg Ninja

Post by Cyborg Ninja » Jul 16th, '11, 03:54

I'm new to K-drama, but have some history with J-drama. I speak Japanese, but not Korean. All of the beautiful pictures of Korean historical dramas have caught my eye. What is the best and most intriguing Korean historical drama?

Are there any K-dramas that have storylines about homosexuality?

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » Jul 16th, '11, 09:19

Here: http://www.d-addicts.com/forum/viewtopic_90642.htm And go look for the descriptions. Everyone likes different dramas there is nothing like "the best and most intriguing Korean historical drama? " because for me it's XX, and for someone else it's YY.

Homosexuality? (joke alert) In Korea there is no gay people, remember! (joke alert ended)
Personal Taste, Freeze,
Last edited by Ethlenn on Jul 16th, '11, 10:57, edited 1 time in total.

arakira
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by arakira » Jul 16th, '11, 09:27

@ cyborg
If you don't mind a long family drama watch Life id Beautiful. There's a storyline about the homosexual oldest son and his relationship. Even apart from that it's a drama worth watching.

You might like Sungkyunkwan Scandal, there is no homosexuality but some touching male bonding and it's a rare gender-bender which is still pretty clever and it's set in historical times. :D

jubies33

Post by jubies33 » Jul 17th, '11, 05:21

I finished the greatest love and baby faced beauty which were both great. on episode 44 of new tales of gisaeng. It's such a breathtakingly beautiful drama full of emotion I really love it. Also recently watched call of the country and it's a very funny drama. Ryu Jin is so good in this. His character is both interesting and funny and he plays it so well. I am enjoying the currently airing nice to meet you/my love by my side.

Neliets

Post by Neliets » Jul 18th, '11, 19:33

Huh. Even though I'm short on time this summer, I still want to watch a few dramas. Since I finished A Man's Story(which was great, by the way), I want something decent to watch.

What I like :
Really just about anything. Good or bad ending - I care just too little. Just don't tell me which one :D

Criteria :
DRAMA THAT MAKES SENSE - basically anything that is well made and thought through. Mostly those are the sad dramas like The Devil, Resurrection, A Love To Kill(this one went off the road at 14th episode) and few other.

I do like Rom-coms but there are only few that really can make me a bit interested or addicted. But nothing sense-less like Playful Kiss, Mary Me Mary, The Greatest Love etc.

But, most likely, Ethlenn will have something to offer, because I have seen just about every popular drama, but she knows a lot.

Please, don't offer any historical dramas.

Viande

Post by Viande » Jul 18th, '11, 19:57

I remeber you liked Soulmate so have you tried I Need Romance yet?
Last edited by Viande on Jul 18th, '11, 21:59, edited 1 time in total.

Sham26

Post by Sham26 » Jul 18th, '11, 21:33

La Dolce Vita a.k.a ABittersweet Life ?
Something "funny" : "Harvest Villa ?
And yes more people should join "I Need Romance" thread :D

jubies33

Post by jubies33 » Jul 19th, '11, 06:33

I second I need romance. Also there is all in and alone in love might be good.

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » Jul 19th, '11, 12:41

As I mentioned few times - Goodbye Solo. This drama is written in a clever but a bit depressing way from the very beginning to the very end.
And I second Harvest Villa, this is a little gem of a drama.

Grandmaster Aoi Tori

Post by Grandmaster Aoi Tori » Jul 20th, '11, 20:25

Ok, I just finished watching Bad Guy, Secret Garden and My Girlfriend is a Gumiho in that order and I'm amazed over the quality of korean dramas! Mostly watched Japanese in the past.

Anyway I'm looking for more light romance/comedy stuff like Secret Garden. Man that drama was a 10 out of 10 to me. Best I've seen in a long time so similar stuff is rally appreciated!

EDIT: Oh, and I really like My Girlfriend is a Gumiho as well so fantasy stuff I can take as long as it is in modern setting!

Sham26

Post by Sham26 » Jul 20th, '11, 21:26

Grandmaster Aoi Tori wrote:Ok, I just finished watching Bad Guy, Secret Garden and My Girlfriend is a Gumiho in that order and I'm amazed over the quality of korean dramas! Mostly watched Japanese in the past.

Anyway I'm looking for more light romance/comedy stuff like Secret Garden. Man that drama was a 10 out of 10 to me. Best I've seen in a long time so similar stuff is rally appreciated!

EDIT: Oh, and I really like My Girlfriend is a Gumiho as well so fantasy stuff I can take as long as it is in modern setting!
Greatest Love and other dramas of Hong Sisters, Prosecutor Princess , Pasta, City Hall , Last Scandal , Capital Scandal, Sungkyunkwan Scandal ( 3 scandals lol )...

Grandmaster Aoi Tori

Post by Grandmaster Aoi Tori » Jul 20th, '11, 21:49

Sham26 wrote:
Grandmaster Aoi Tori wrote:Ok, I just finished watching Bad Guy, Secret Garden and My Girlfriend is a Gumiho in that order and I'm amazed over the quality of korean dramas! Mostly watched Japanese in the past.

Greatest Love and other dramas of Hong Sisters, Prosecutor Princess , Pasta, City Hall , Last Scandal , Capital Scandal, Sungkyunkwan Scandal ( 3 scandals lol )...
Thank you, I will check them out! + My Girl. (Heard it's very good)

Neliets

Post by Neliets » Jul 23rd, '11, 14:06

Grandmaster Aoi Tori wrote:
Sham26 wrote:

Thank you, I will check them out! + My Girl. (Heard it's very good)
I will disagree. Don't waste your time with Greatest Love, City Hall and Last Scandal - there are many better dramas out there for you to watch first(I haven't seen Pasta and Capital Scandal, so I can't comment on those). You could watch Sungkyunkwan Scandal, but I recommend to watch it later.

Yes, watch My Girl. It may feel old but it was good. There is Shining Inheritance(might look draggy, since it's 28 episodes, but I have seen it twice and I am even considering to watch it once more), That Fool, Witch Amusement, I Really Really Like You, Dal Jas Spring, Fugitive:Plan B(if you want some comedy + action), 9 Outs 2 Ends, My Girlfiend is a Gumiho(the plot may seem stupid but the drama is actually very, very funny, cute and all). I recommend you to check them out in the order I wrote.

I'm more like the serious guy who watched those serious dramas, so I really pick out the romcoms I watch.

If you liked Bad Guy you may check these out :
Resurrection
The Devil(it was written perfectly, but I remember being a bit bored sometimes)
A Man's Story
A Love To Kill(it is very, very, very good till the 13th episode or so)
Que Sera Sera
What Happened in Bali
aaaannnnd I have few more in minid but it's pointless to write them all here. :D

Now is my turn to ask for suggestions. I decided that I don't want romcoms so Harvest Villa is a no, for now. Goodbye Solo - I will check it out. But I need backup anyways. :D

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » Jul 23rd, '11, 15:03

Harvest Villa is no rom-com, better check your sources.

And I disagree about My Girl, Shining Inheritance, Witch Amusement and Fugitive. Those are plain crap.
But well, everyone has one's own taste, City Hall is in my TOP 10.

Neliets

Post by Neliets » Jul 23rd, '11, 15:17

Ethlenn wrote:Harvest Villa is no rom-com, better check your sources.

And I disagree about My Girl, Shining Inheritance, Witch Amusement and Fugitive. Those are plain crap.
Yeah, sorry for the mix up. I mixed it up with some romcom that someone offered(not from here).

But from synopsis, it seems that it's quite boring. Basically everyone is trying to get the property, money etc, right? I want some romance tangled in. Just checked main actors - there is a woman, so I guess there should be some kind of romance, right?

Ok, I'll try this one, too.

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » Jul 23rd, '11, 15:22

Uhmm... there was a romance in it but... not that typical.
If not - it's only second drama of Shin Hagyun The Great! So cherish those 20 eps^^

Neliets

Post by Neliets » Jul 23rd, '11, 16:29

Ethlenn wrote:Uhmm... there was a romance in it but... not that typical.
If not - it's only second drama of Shin Hagyun The Great! So cherish those 20 eps^^
Erm, I know this will be off topic, but still -
I am watching the first episode and I have seen 33 minutes of it and I have laughed my ass off :D Will it be like this till the end? :D

Silverman

Post by Silverman » Jul 23rd, '11, 23:27

Ethlenn wrote:Harvest Villa is no rom-com, better check your sources.

I disagree, that these dramas are plain crap. Imho these dramas are the dramas which you like or not.
My Girl--> You have to like the Hong Sisters, to like this drama. This is shallow and cliche (like all Hongdramas).But if you are looking something fun and without deep meaning, then its a good drama for you
Shining Inheritance--> I liked it, mainly because the villains are the villains, whom I loved to hate
Witch Amusement--> same as My Girl (except its not written by the Hong SIsters)
Fugitive--> This drama is like the most Hollywoods actionmovies, shallow but fun to watch, if you dont expect too much.[/url]

Viande

Post by Viande » Jul 23rd, '11, 23:41

I found Witch Amusement extremely annoying/boring but yeah, everyone has theor own drama taste.

@Grandmaster Aoi Tori. If you like romcoms, you should check Yoon Eun Hye's dramas, they're all good. (Goong, Coffee Prince, The Vineyard Man, Take Care of the Young Lady and Lie to Me.)

urbancoko

Post by urbancoko » Jul 24th, '11, 01:06

Viande wrote:I found Witch Amusement extremely annoying/boring but yeah, everyone has theor own drama taste.

@Grandmaster Aoi Tori. If you like romcoms, you should check Yoon Eun Hye's dramas, they're all good. (Goong, Coffee Prince, The Vineyard Man, Take Care of the Young Lady and Lie to Me.)
I really couldn't stand Take Care of the Young Lady. The rest, totally agree!

jubies33

Post by jubies33 » Jul 24th, '11, 02:00

mmm. found witch amusement very boring as well as shining inheritance and I just couldn't stand my girl. to each their own. rom coms I enjoyed were sunkyunkwan scandal, coffee house, what's up fox?, the greatest love, baby-faced beauty, secret garden, stars falling from the sky(parts were crap,but the rest made up for it for me), city hall, prosecutor princess, coffee prince, call of the country, tamna the island. less on the comedy side: soulmate, i need romance, queen of reversals and city hunter. i know there is more but i can't remember them all.

Neliets

Post by Neliets » Jul 24th, '11, 19:24

Finished Harvest Villa and I recommend it to anyone! Very good story.

Got anything else worth watching? :mrgreen: I had a thought about Goodbye Solo but somehow I feel that it will be boring, or I am wrong?

angeliclady25

Post by angeliclady25 » Jul 25th, '11, 14:27

I've been doing some drama marathon for the past few weeks haha and so far I love them all here's the list of dramas that I've watched and would recommend =) :

Personal Taste
Secret Garden
Lie To Me
49 Days
The Greatest Love
Marry Me, Mary!

*Yup, I like rom-com dramas =) will look out for all of your recommended dramas =)

My next to watch drama:
You're Beautiful [I sooo like JGS's voice ♥ I like him at Marry Me, Mary! That's why I'm gonna watch You're Beautiful next]

Happy Drama Watching Everyone! ♥

Neliets

Post by Neliets » Jul 26th, '11, 15:16

GIVE ME SOMETHING TO WATCH. :D I'm free tomorrow and maybe the day after tomorrow, too. I need something to watch and relax, I have been working very hard in construction these days.

Sajen16

Post by Sajen16 » Jul 26th, '11, 18:11

I watched Lovers in Paris awhile ago and loved it, until they made everything that had happened moot in the last few minutes, and now I'm thinking about watching Lovers in Prague and Lovers to finish the trilogy and I was wondering do they pull the same stupid stunt at the end of Lovers in Prague and Lovers or do they not completely ruin the shows in the last few minutes like they do in Lovers in Paris?

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » Jul 26th, '11, 18:18

Alone in Love. Although this may get some depressed.

Haruka91

Post by Haruka91 » Jul 27th, '11, 10:32

hi guys, need some recommend 2011 kdrama plss
just watch Lie to me really great
combination Yoon Eun Hye n Kang Ji Hwan is great hahahah

shuzzack
Malaysia

Post by shuzzack » Jul 27th, '11, 13:42

Can You Hear My Heart

Great drama with great acting,great cinematography,great storyline.one of my favourite KDrama ever.definitely recommended!

Haruka91

Post by Haruka91 » Jul 27th, '11, 14:03

shuzzack wrote:Can You Hear My Heart

Great drama with great acting,great cinematography,great storyline.one of my favourite KDrama ever.definitely recommended!
ouh thx, i'll watch it, now i'm watching Baby Faced Beauty

vella

Post by vella » Jul 27th, '11, 14:06

can anyone recommend me an investigation drama like CSI or a doctor drama like House MD?

Viande

Post by Viande » Jul 27th, '11, 14:35

vella wrote:can anyone recommend me an investigation drama like CSI or a doctor drama like House MD?
There is God's Quiz season 1 and 2 but unfortunately they're not subbed. If you want them subbed, look for God's Quiz thread here and vote for the subs.

gensigayo

Post by gensigayo » Jul 27th, '11, 14:57

vella wrote:can anyone recommend me an investigation drama like CSI or a doctor drama like House MD?
Surgeon Bong Dal Hee

vella

Post by vella » Jul 28th, '11, 13:37

Thank you all. I will consider God's quiz and Surgeon Bong Dal Hee.
Right now I'm in the mood for mystery series.

manopatano

Post by manopatano » Jul 28th, '11, 20:58

Any drama with Muslim character ??

Hoodieninja

Post by Hoodieninja » Jul 31st, '11, 12:54

can anybody recommend me some Mystery K-DRAMAS to get into?

Neliets

Post by Neliets » Jul 31st, '11, 13:39

Hoodieninja wrote:can anybody recommend me some Mystery K-DRAMAS to get into?
Mystery?
Maybe Harvest Villa? Not sure if it's a mystery but still. And I guess Sign counts, too. I haven't seen anything more mystic except for these(at least can't remember now).

nome

Post by nome » Aug 1st, '11, 14:44

I'm quite new to watching KDramas and I'd like it if you'd help me. :)
I'm basically looking for a romantic drama and I'd really like it if the male lead was the one who's struggling with his romantic feelings for the female lead. (Like Goo Jun Pyo in Boys over Flowers.)
So here's what I've watched so far:
-Boys over flowers
-Goong
-Coffee Prince
-Personal Taste
-Playful Kiss

angeliclady25

Post by angeliclady25 » Aug 1st, '11, 15:22

nome wrote:I'm quite new to watching KDramas and I'd like it if you'd help me. :)
I'm basically looking for a romantic drama and I'd really like it if the male lead was the one who's struggling with his romantic feelings for the female lead. (Like Goo Jun Pyo in Boys over Flowers.)
So here's what I've watched so far:
-Boys over flowers
-Goong
-Coffee Prince
-Personal Taste
-Playful Kiss
I love watching romance-comedy dramas =) Here are the dramas that I'd recommend:
Marry me, Mary!
Secret Garden
You're Beautiful
Lie To Me [Starring Yoon Eun Hye from Coffee Prince ♥]
Hello My Teacher [Starring Gong Yoo from Coffee Prince ♥]
My Girl
The Greatest Love
My Lovely Sam Soon

Hope this helps =) Happy drama watching!

aznxdreadful

gangster kdrama

Post by aznxdreadful » Aug 4th, '11, 04:51

Are there any new delinquent kdrama like gokusen, gto, rookie, etc i alreayd seen everything under 2008 or so

I need some new that i probably missed like I SAID EARLIER I SEEN ALL OF THE MOVIES AND DRAMA BEFORE 2008

so im looking for 2009-present dramas

JAPANESE , or korean movie or drama thankyou'

cantr wait for marrying mafia 4

Neliets

Post by Neliets » Aug 4th, '11, 08:08

I'm talking only about Korean
Check if you have seen all of these, just to be sure ^^ :
Lovers
Time Between Dog And Wolf
Harvest Villa(kinda mafia-like corporation)
Cain And Abel(very like mafia)
Sign(I guess this counts, too)

There are more... way more but I can't recall them all.

But you are aware of the fact that it's pretty much impossible to SEE ALL those dramas and be so sure of that?

Neliets

Post by Neliets » Aug 4th, '11, 20:30

Finished Alone In Love. Not as sad as you may think. A Love To Kill seemed to have a deeper feeling, for example.

Anyhow, the drama was actually very good.

So, I need more dramas to watch. Mostly, I'm looking for something well-written or something passionate. It may be depressing but it has to have a feeling.

pty1196

Korean Serie Recommendation

Post by pty1196 » Aug 8th, '11, 06:28

Recently, I finished watching Beethoven Virus and I love it.
I used to play the piano so I like classical music. The serie is about classical music so I like it very much.

Which other Korean series (or non-Korean series) would you recommend me to watch if I enjoy watching Beethoven virus? Thanks a lot. :)

ladychang2790

Which drama should I watch? Recommendations

Post by ladychang2790 » Aug 8th, '11, 21:59

I have a list of dramas I want to get through once I finish a few variety shows. I either have all these dramas, or sites on where to watch them, so if any of them are your personal favourites, or you want to list them in the order I should watch it, please do.
*PLEASE, no spoilers :)

-49 Days
-Lie to Me
-Coffee Prince
-Cinderella Man
-Secret Garden
-Shining Inheritance
-Playful Kiss
-My Girlfriend is a Gumiho
-Beethoven Virus

Also, if you have any of your own recommendations, slighty similar type to the ones here, please let me know :) Thank you!!

Constantine

Re: Which drama should I watch? Recommendations

Post by Constantine » Aug 8th, '11, 23:06

I have watched almost all of them (excluding Beethoven Virus and Cinderella man) and I dislike only Playful kiss but thats probably just me cuz this show is quite popular and very high rated...in my opinion Secret garden from the above list is the best one.. there is no dramatic or boring moments etc just pure fun you'll surely enjoy every single episode.
Shining inheritance hm I was planing to watch it again.. very dramatic story but the main character is so cheerful , sweet ,cute , kind and, and, and just doesn't give you the feeling that you are watching a drama . The villain btw is Epic -there is no such an Evil even in your worst nightmares :crazy:

From the latest dramas I also recommend you Greatest love

:-)
Last edited by Constantine on Aug 8th, '11, 23:07, edited 1 time in total.

Martinegt

Post by Martinegt » Aug 8th, '11, 23:32

Cincerella's sister is amazing <3
And you should reaallyy watch Coffee Prince as fast as possible.
I also like many dramas Kang Ji Hwan is in, he is main char in Lie to me, if you like him you could try seeing Coffee House, Eun Jung from T-ara has a main char there too :) altough I don't really think it was an amaaazing drama :P It's different though, or atleast I think so.

And as Constantine said: Greatest love also :)) (amazingly funny drama :)))))

ladychang2790

Post by ladychang2790 » Aug 9th, '11, 02:12

Constantine, thank you for your input :) I think I'm goibg to start with Shining Inheritance! And Greatest Love has been added to my list now.

Martinegt, yes!! I loved Cinderella's Sister. I cried a few times, but that drama was amazing, especially it's OST. And I'll try out Coffee House, because I love Eun-Jung!

Silverman

Post by Silverman » Aug 9th, '11, 10:48

http://www.d-addicts.com/forum/viewtopic_11526.htm

This is the thread, where you can ask these kind of questions.

pty1196

Recommended Korean Serie

Post by pty1196 » Aug 9th, '11, 17:25

Recently, I finished watching Beethoven Virus and I love it.
I used to play the piano so I like classical music. The serie is about classical music so I like it very much.

Which other Korean series (or non-Korean series) would you recommend me to watch if I enjoy watching Beethoven virus? Thanks a lot.

gilnis
Fansubber
Fansubber

Re: Recommended Korean Serie

Post by gilnis » Aug 9th, '11, 17:51

pty1196 wrote:Recently, I finished watching Beethoven Virus and I love it.

Which other Korean series (or non-Korean series) would you recommend me to watch if I enjoy watching Beethoven virus? Thanks a lot.
You should try Nodame Cantabile. That is also about classical music, but that's a Japanese drama.

Constantine

Re: Recommended Korean Serie

Post by Constantine » Aug 9th, '11, 18:07

pty1196 wrote:Recently, I finished watching Beethoven Virus and I love it.

Dont know about series but check out Secret with Jay Chou :thumright:

chikha

Post by chikha » Aug 12th, '11, 08:55

I am about to finish Gourmet and thinking what should I watch next. I like romance comedy drama can you recommend something good. Is SKK scandal good to watch?

Silverman

Post by Silverman » Aug 14th, '11, 18:34

chikha wrote:I am about to finish Gourmet and thinking what should I watch next. I like romance comedy drama can you recommend something good. Is SKK scandal good to watch?
Yes this is good. And one of the very few korean romcoms in historical settings (the only other historical romcom-drama, at least korean, i know about is Hong gil Dong-although its not 100% romcom.).
If you want something similar to Gourmet, then watch Pasta or Kim Sam Soon (both are better, but KSS is the cooking part less important).

TylerDurden2604

Post by TylerDurden2604 » Aug 17th, '11, 06:43

Hello !!!

Just finished That Fool for the THIRD time. Can´t get enough of Goo Dong Baek and Han Ji-Soo.

But i guess it´s time for something new.

If someone could help me find something to watch, i would be very greatful.

Besides the KDRAMA mentioned above, i also like the following.

Alone in Love, Snow Queen, Sam-Soon, Bad Family, Flowers for my Life, Crazy for You...

Maybe someone could give me some recommendations based on the SERIES above. If possible.

THANKS IN ADVANCE !!!

Silverman

Post by Silverman » Aug 17th, '11, 09:45

Perhaps you can watch the rest of the Bad-trilogy (Bad Houswife and Bad Couple). i liked Bad Couple. If you liked Bad Family, perhaps you will also like Kid Gang.

Perhaps you can specify what you are looking for, because the dramas you mentioned are all over the place: melodrama, romcoms, romantic dramas(yes i know all of them have romance, but melodramas are almost all of the time with a very tragic ending where all the mainleads die, romcoms have flower-rainbow-unicorn-happyend and just romance dramas are more serious than romcoms, but aren't always sad-its not a rule, but a lot of these dramas are like i described)

TylerDurden2604

Post by TylerDurden2604 » Aug 17th, '11, 13:15

Hello Silverman !!!

First of all, thank you for the quick response.

it´s not easy to specify a genre, because i like korean dramas for all those things.
(romance, drama, diseases, tears, humor, sadness, happy ending, no happy ending etc.)

But if i had to choose, i would say romance with a bit of drama. with a mature touch. And no politics !!!

THANK YOU AND I WISH YOU A GREAT DAY !!!

Silverman

Post by Silverman » Aug 17th, '11, 16:19

Then Thornbirds. I liked it. This is more serious and without politics. Perhaps Midas, but its more political (well its a drama about money^^).

TylerDurden2604

Post by TylerDurden2604 » Aug 17th, '11, 20:37

Hello Silverman !!!

Thornbirds sounds good. I will give it a try.

Thank you for your recommendation !!!

whatsthescenario

Post by whatsthescenario » Aug 18th, '11, 01:45

I loved watching World Within (A World of Their Own) with Hyun Bin.

I'm sure some of my other favorites have already been mentioned: Coffee Prince, City Hall, Secret Garden, Lie to Me, Snow Queen.

chikha

Post by chikha » Aug 20th, '11, 08:57

Silverman wrote:
chikha wrote:I am about to finish Gourmet and thinking what should I watch next. I like romance comedy drama can you recommend something good. Is SKK scandal good to watch?
Yes this is good. And one of the very few korean romcoms in historical settings (the only other historical romcom-drama, at least korean, i know about is Hong gil Dong-although its not 100% romcom.).
If you want something similar to Gourmet, then watch Pasta or Kim Sam Soon (both are better, but KSS is the cooking part less important).

I am now episode 12 on kim sam soon, Before it ended i want to download again so that i have something to watch after this. Any romcom dramas that is good? Period dramas that is not to long you recommend?\

I have watch QSD I am episode on 53 but stopped watching maybe because the main antagonist is gone and its still has 12 more episodes to go, that is why I wanted to watch also good period dramas but one that not too long

kitty10
Japan

Post by kitty10 » Aug 20th, '11, 09:47

chikha wrote:I am now episode 12 on kim sam soon, Before it ended i want to download again so that i have something to watch after this. Any romcom dramas that is good? Period dramas that is not to long you recommend?
How about Dalja's Spring? It's very funny and the leads have some lovely chemistry.

howtwosavealif3

Post by howtwosavealif3 » Aug 20th, '11, 13:44

hmmm how do I explain this. so I have all these issues with korean dramas
which are here.
http://choronghi.wordpress.com/2009/07/ ... ma-review/

but anyways I started watching secret garden (episode 3,4) and so far it's enjoyable... certain scenes I just skip cause I don't care about that scene ( the scene where neither the main actress or the main actor is present or they are but they're not interacting with each other but some boring side character). But seroiusly one of the side characters scare the crap out of me... the guy with the long hair and huge eyes... whatever plastic surgery he did he looked better BEFORE. I like the characters/actors while like for full house or BBF (the main girl.. just bitches and screams and complains and wow its annying ) or mary stayed out all night (I've never seen it exactly but I saw clips of it and the girl character pissed me off) I cannot stand the characters. I'm not saying it has to be limited to romance/comedy genre,,,, I want a good drama with good characters. If you understand what I mean by annoying characters that I just mentioned above please recommend!! oh and if you happen to be into j-dramas as well and happen to seen some of the ones I've seen and you think you can recommend k-dramas based on that somehow... please do.

Silverman

Post by Silverman » Aug 20th, '11, 16:54

In the most Kdramas is the male lead at the beginning of the drama a jerk and the female lead is a brave/hardworking girl. Are there dramas, where the roles are reversed? The female lead is a jerk-chaacter and the male lead is not (i mean not the second lead). The only dramas i know of, which fit the discription more or less, are "Take care of Agasshi" and "The Birth of The Rich Man". Are there more?

JaJe

Post by JaJe » Aug 21st, '11, 11:47

Silverman wrote:In the most Kdramas is the male lead at the beginning of the drama a jerk and the female lead is a brave/hardworking girl. Are there dramas, where the roles are reversed? The female lead is a jerk-chaacter and the male lead is not (i mean not the second lead). The only dramas i know of, which fit the discription more or less, are "Take care of Agasshi" and "The Birth of The Rich Man". Are there more?
That´s exactly what I´ve been thinking about!!! But so far I´ve seen only one kdrama where was a side story that was like that. "You´ve fallen for me" - there are two side characters - the boy is "beggar looking but cute" guy who loves to eat and always talks rubbish and he falls in love with the universities chairman´s daughter, who is total jerk-character and is quite a bully. Their story is so cute, but unfortunatelly it´s only a sidestory of the kdrama. Main story is about another couple, who follow the typical hard-working girl and jerk-guy theme.
BTW: The funny thing is that mostly in the end of a kdramas - the jerk-guy is always more in love than the girl!

I hope someone knows more kdramas which have the NON-typical storyline.

gilnis
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by gilnis » Aug 21st, '11, 11:54

JaJe wrote:
Silverman wrote:In the most Kdramas is the male lead at the beginning of the drama a jerk and the female lead is a brave/hardworking girl. Are there dramas, where the roles are reversed? The female lead is a jerk-chaacter and the male lead is not (i mean not the second lead). The only dramas i know of, which fit the discription more or less, are "Take care of Agasshi" and "The Birth of The Rich Man". Are there more?
That´s exactly what I´ve been thinking about!!! But so far I´ve seen only one kdrama where was a side story that was like that. "You´ve fallen for me" - there are two side characters - the boy is "beggar looking but cute" guy who loves to eat and always talks rubbish and he falls in love with the universities chairman´s daughter, who is total jerk-character and is quite a bully. Their story is so cute, but unfortunatelly it´s only a sidestory of the kdrama. Main story is about another couple, who follow the typical hard-working girl and jerk-guy theme.
BTW: The funny thing is that mostly in the end of a kdramas - the jerk-guy is always more in love than the girl!

I hope someone knows more kdramas which have the NON-typical storyline.
"Summer Scent" is definitely a non-typical one. I'm not sure if you'd like it, though.

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » Aug 22nd, '11, 19:27

One Fine Day, That Fool, A Love To Kill...
Last edited by Ethlenn on Aug 25th, '11, 13:51, edited 1 time in total.

Constantine

Post by Constantine » Aug 25th, '11, 13:47

Fantasy couple is the other way around ( bad girl - good guy ) but everything else is quite typical...mm also Dream High...Witch Yoo Hee (didnt like it btw) ...Miss Ripley :unsure: