RECOMMENDED/FAVORITE KDRAMAS (ask for suggestions here)

Discuss Korean drama series here.
icefire32000

Post by icefire32000 » Mar 6th, '05, 19:37

Dae Jang Geum is quite good
It made me be interest in korean series again :D

It might be a bit long comparing with other korean series but its worth it
I watched Full House and Lover in paris after this
I still find Dae jang geum better than these 2 =) I think <<<
however its hard to compare coz they're in different genres

kazuni

Post by kazuni » Mar 6th, '05, 22:41

My vote is definitely on Mianhada Saranghanda (Sorry, I love you).

Simi

Post by Simi » Mar 7th, '05, 01:09

I'm sorry I Love you is so good. My friend recommended it and I loved it. I actually cried, which is actually not hard to do.
A definate must!

Kaila

Post by Kaila » Mar 15th, '05, 04:38

I've been hearing alot about "Romance". Is romance available by torrent here? All I've seen is a Jdrama called romance... something. Are they the same thing? :lol

kelly...BiG

Post by kelly...BiG » Mar 16th, '05, 04:35

iceberri wrote:
oct_7 wrote:Summer scent is not that bad. Btw, I was going to dl lover in paris, but after I read some reviews about it, i canceled it. They said that it has a very bad ending. Dunno how it ends though. So is it worth e dl?
Do give it a shot. I haven't finished watching it yet (on episode 15) but I'm so in love with the main actors and actresses! For once, I feel like a bad ending can't even spoil this drama. xD I'll probably write a review on this once I finish..
I'LL HAVE TO AGREE WIT U! I WAS PRETTY IN LOVE WIT SUMMER SCENT WHEN IT CAME OUT!

DonlySuperman

Post by DonlySuperman » Mar 16th, '05, 23:47

I've seen a few korean series thanks to d-addicts. So many sleepless nights because the korean people know how to mess with your emotions.

Here are some of the series I've seen in the order of when I saw it.

1. Winter Sonata - Really slow but actually a pretty good story. Story about first love. Love the OST. 7/10.
2. Romance - Kim Ha Neul is just super cute and made a great couple with Kim Jae Won. Love story between a student and teacher. 9/10 in my mind.
3. Attic Cat - It is a happy ending but the main dude pisses me off. Hye-Ryun is really pretty but too bad she's the bad girl. 7/10.
4. Sweet 18 - WOW, such a cute story and no love triangle. So funny and loving. Just love it. Story about arranged marriage. 9/10.
5. Full House - You gotta watch this story!! Contract marriage story! 9/10
6. Summer Scent - The couple looks cute together. Story about how a change of heart can affect one's personality. Sorta slow but I watched it all and find it a pretty good story. 8/10.
7. Stairways to heaven - I watched half of it and then stopped. It was pretty good but I kinda lost interest half way and then I watched the last episode. Not a fan of Choi Ji Woo. From what I've seen, I rate this movie 7.5/10
8. Damo - Interesting story. It takes place in the ancient times. I would recommend seeing this movie. 8.5/10
9. Oh Pil-Seung - At first I thought it was a love story about Pil-Seung and Bong Soon-Young but later finds out that that should not be. Yu-Jung should be the lead female. Story about Pil-Seung, a poor dude who acquired Choigo company due to some family incident. I would recommend you watching this movie but only up to episode 15. Don't watch the last episode cuz it'll piss you off badly. Watch to episode 15 and then accept this as episode 16:

Episode 16: Soon-Young realizes how much Jae-Woon means to her. She was his first actual love. They get married. Pil-Seong and Yu-Jung goes for some soju because Pil-Seong is down due to the overwhelming work as President of Choigo. Yu-Jung gets really drunk and Pil-Seong is forced to take her home. As Yu-jung lies on her bed, Pil-Seong grabs a wet towel and place it on her forehead. As he takes his hands off of the towel, Yu-Jong grabs on to his hand and says, "Don't leave," and starts to cry. She confesses her true feelings for him due to drunkness and Pil-Seong realizes how much Yu-Jong means to him and remenisces the time that Yu-Jong was there for him. He promises her that he'll never make her cry again. Yu-Jung wakes up in the morning and finds that she was holding Pil-Seong's hand as he wakes up. Pil-Seong asks how Yu-Jung feels and she said "I had a really weird dream last night." Pil-Seong asks what was it about and she replied, "I dreamed that you said that you'd never make me cry again." Pil-Seong informs her that, "It wasn't a dream, it's reality." Yu-Jong is shocked and was silent. "Teach would you do me a favor?" Confused, Yu-Jong nodded her head staring downward. "Will you...stay by my side...forever?" Yu-Jong looks up and looked straight at Pil-Seong in shock and then asked, "What do you mean?" "I never realized how much you mean to me. I thought about it all night and realized that I cannot live without you. I will always be there for you as you always have for me." Yu-Jung breaks down and cry in happiness as she leans on his chest. The next day, Pil-Seong announced that he will not resign and will follow the other director's opinions and change slowly but not immediately. He declares that soon there will be Mrs. President Oh Yu-Jung and he is not afraid of anything because he has her. Bong Soon-Young and Jae-Woon were married and lived happily ever after as she dreamed about. Oh Pil-Seong and Noh Yu-Jung got married and lived happily ever after. THE END!
Last edited by DonlySuperman on Apr 12th, '05, 21:11, edited 1 time in total.

nikeg

Post by nikeg » Mar 17th, '05, 12:29

DonlySuperman wrote:I've seen a few korean series thanks to d-addicts. So many sleepless nights because the korean people know how to mess with your emotions.

1. Winter Sonata - Really slow but actually a pretty good story. Story about first love. Love the OST. 7/10.
2. Romance - Kim Ha Neul is just super cute and made a great couple with Kim Jae Won. Love story between a student and teacher. 9/10 in my mind.
3. Attic Cat - It is a happy ending but the main dude pisses me off. Hye-Ryun is really pretty but too bad she's the bad girl. 7/10.
4. Sweet 18 - WOW, such a cute story and no love triangle. So funny and loving. Just love it. Story about arranged marriage. 9/10.
6. Summer Scent - The couple looks cute together. Story about how a change of heart can affect one's personality. Sorta slow but I watched it all and find it a pretty good story. 8/10.
7. Stairways to heaven - I watched half of it and then stopped. It was pretty good but I kinda lost interest half way and then I watched the last episode. Not a fan of Choi Ji Woo. From what I've seen, I rate this movie 7.5/10
8. Damo - Interesting story. It takes place in the ancient times. I would recommend seeing this movie. 8.5/10
9. Oh Pil-Seung - At first I thought it was a love story about Pil-Seung and Bong Soon-Young but later finds out that that should not be. Yu-Jung should be the lead female. Story about Pil-Seung, a poor dude who acquired Choigo company due to some family incident. I would recommend you watching this movie but only up to episode 15. Don't watch the last episode cuz it'll piss you off badly. Watch to episode 15 and then accept this as episode 16: ...
BAHAHAHA i couldnt agree wit u more on STH i dont really like cho ji woo at all... didnt like winter sonata and if it wasnt for kwon sang woo, kim tae hee and park shin hye i woulda hated STH...
BUT for Oh Pil Seung which is my favorite drama as the moment rite now... i guess it depends on which way you view Yu Jungs love for Pil Seung and frankly i like the way it ended even though i did like Yu Jung in the drama as a character more than Soon Young. Yu Jung letting Pil Seung go is like the reason why Teach is so awesome... neway it could also be b/c im a huge chae rim fan hehe
Watching:Emperor of the Sea 23/52*dormant* Wedding 2/16*dormant* Over The Rainbow 2/16 GTO 2/11

ParkHanByul-Boa-ChaeRim-Eunhye-HanGaIn-JJH-Hyori-LeeYeonHee-SonYejin-Yuri

tokyo shounen

Post by tokyo shounen » Mar 22nd, '05, 14:35

ROMANCE for gods sake! i cried when it ended, not because it was sad, just because there wouldnt be more :cry:

and lets go to school sang doo! Currently on ep 13, and omg im enjoying it!

Next series to watch are winter sonata and love letter :D

xV0iCED

Post by xV0iCED » Mar 23rd, '05, 02:36

I recommend 'Sassy Girl Choon-Hyang/Delighted Girl Choon-Hyang.' It's a really sad, funny, and cute drama altogether. The two main characters has such a great chemistry and the other characters are great as well. They're aren't really a bad person which is a plus. There might be a girl or guy who can be a bit disturbing but it's okay. I really recommend this drama to anyone who loves 'Full House'. Only this drama is much cuter. Also, it's doesn't dragged that much. I'm just obsessed with this drama right now.

Hero

Post by Hero » Mar 23rd, '05, 16:07

I havent seen many Kdramas but out of the 3 I've seen i really really enjoyed "My Family/Waris Family" great actors, love story, great music
I saw it on TV, haven't found any subs of it though.

penGy

Post by penGy » Mar 23rd, '05, 16:51

My little list:

1. Dae Jang Geum
2. Full House
3. Let's Go To School, Sang-Doo!
4. Sweet 18

rel

Post by rel » Mar 23rd, '05, 20:57

(Im sorry I love you) No doubt the best in my opinion.

kwinnie

Post by kwinnie » Mar 23rd, '05, 23:25

1. Sorry, I love You
2. Full House
3. Phoenix
4. Lover in Paris
5. Sweet 18

shiro401

Post by shiro401 » Mar 25th, '05, 15:46

The must watch:
- Full House
I have watched it three times and still not sick of it... :D It has all the elements I love in a series...
- I'm Sorry, I Love You
The best of its genre, IMO... I'm not usually a fan of tear-flowing kinda drama, but this one is an exception.
- Lovers in Paris
Even though the storyline is somewhat typical, but the acting and chemistry of the main casts made me glued to the TV set. Too bad the ending doesn't live up to the whole story...

See this when you have time:
- The Story of A Bright Girl
Jang Hyuk's portrayal of the main character was awesome. Can't imagine anyone else taking that role.
- Winter Sonata
A bit dragging in the middle, but Bae Yong-jun made it all worthwhile... :mrgreen:
- All About Eve

Okay series:
- Summer Scent
- Attic Cat
- Sweet 18
- Romance
- Hotelier
- Autumn Story
- First Love

Not recommended:
- Prince's First Love
THe early episodes were funny, but later on, it took all my will-power not to throw something at the TV :glare:

Which one should I watch next: Choon Hyang or 1% of anything? Any opinion? :D

ramenshop

Post by ramenshop » Mar 26th, '05, 22:48

DonlySuperman wrote:I've seen a few korean series thanks to d-addicts. So many sleepless nights because the korean people know how to mess with your emotions.

9. Oh Pil-Seung - At first I thought it was a love story about Pil-Seung and Bong Soon-Young but later finds out that that should not be. Yu-Jung should be the lead female. Story about Pil-Seung, a poor dude who acquired Choigo company due to some family incident. I would recommend you watching this movie but only up to episode 15. Don't watch the last episode cuz it'll piss you off badly. Watch to episode 15 and then accept this as episode 16:

Episode 16: Soon-Young realizes how much Jae-Woon means to her. She was his first actual love. They get married. Pil-Seong and Yu-Jung goes for some soju because Pil-Seong is down due to the overwhelming work as President of Choigo. Yu-Jung gets really drunk and Pil-Seong is forced to take her home. As Yu-jung lies on her bed, Pil-Seong grabs a wet towel and place it on her forehead. As he takes his hands off of the towel, Yu-Jong grabs on to his hand and says, "Don't leave," and starts to cry. She confesses her true feelings for him due to drunkness and Pil-Seong realizes how much Yu-Jong means to him and remenisces the time that Yu-Jong was there for him. He promises her that he'll never make her cry again. Yu-Jung wakes up in the morning and finds that she was holding Pil-Seong's hand as he wakes up. Pil-Seong asks how Yu-Jung feels and she said "I had a really weird dream last night." Pil-Seong asks what was it about and she replied, "I dreamed that you said that you'd never make me cry again." Pil-Seong informs her that, "It wasn't a dream, it's reality." Yu-Jong is shocked and was silent. "Teach would you do me a favor?" Confused, Yu-Jong nodded her head staring downward. "Will you...stay by my side...forever?" Yu-Jong looks up and looked straight at Pil-Seong in shock and then asked, "What do you mean?" "I never realized how much you mean to me. I thought about it all night and realized that I cannot live without you. I will always be there for you as you always have for me." Yu-Jung breaks down and cry in happiness as she leans on his chest. The next day, Pil-Seong announced that he will not resign and will follow the other director's opinions and change slowly but not immediately. He declares that soon there will be Mrs. President Oh Yu-Jung and he is not afraid of anything because he has her. Bong Soon-Young and Jae-Woon were married and lived happily ever after as she dreamed about. Oh Pil-Seong and Noh Yu-Jung got married and lived happily ever after. THE END!
I totally agree with your last 16 episodes story of OhPilseung Bong song young. The ending eps16 is not AS GOOD AS what I expect it to be. :glare:
Other than the last EPS, THE SERIES IS VERY GOOD.
IT IS WAY MUCH BETTER THAN ROMANCE & STAIRWAY TO HEAVEN. :D

vtt

Post by vtt » Mar 27th, '05, 03:49

My personal favourites:

1) Love Story in Harvard - innocent, intellectual drama, cute love story. Best couple chemistry on set.

2) All In - one of the best story in Korean drama that does not make you weep like a baby nor frustrated.

3) Full House - delightful humour. Don't pick too much on the plot otherwise you'll get frustrated because of its flaws (eg. how could you sell a house that does not belong to you?)

4) What happened in Bali - a wonderful drama that addresses the question: "Can love be bought?". Very shocking ending though :crazy:

Jules

Post by Jules » Mar 27th, '05, 04:50

Im watching this drama called Hae Shin
its produced by KBS and its really good.
its a historical drama in the 800 AD

one of the best shows i ever seen.

http://www.kbs.co.kr/drama/jangbogo/index.html

i seen 30 episodes out of 50
watching it on video (live in k-town so i can rent 2 episodes for $1.25 ^__^)

babai

Post by babai » Apr 1st, '05, 08:25

Stairway to Heaven
I'm Sorry I Love You
Winter Sonata
My Love Patzzi
Sweet 18

Aside from these dramas, which I loove, I've been having some difficulty liking everything else. I actually need help cause I don't wanna stop watching Korean! :mrgreen:

Others I watched, which I like, but don't like them as much as everyone else:
Full House (I know this is gonna be controversial, but I don't think Bi is cute; the kiss was also so fake, couldn't stand it. Hehe. It was pretty entertaining though, just too episodic at times)
Love Letter - so-so
Successful Story of a Bright Girl - so-so
Autumn Tale - uhhh... weird... brother/sister plot. I know they're really not, but they still grew up together, and he had a crush on her even when he thought she was his sister... weird...

Started, haven't finished and might not ever:
Lovers In Paris - thought the girl was annoying, heard ending was bad
Love Story in Harvard - excruciating listening to English and American actors are sooo bad
Hotelier - didn't like girl paired with Bae Yong Joon; drama just didn't do anything for me
Let's go to School Sang Doo - unattractive girl, drama didn't do much either
Attic Cat - unattractive girl
Beautiful Days - I really don't know, seen a couple of episodes... too much crying I think? and unattractive men =)

So yeah, I think I need help. I don't wanna stop because the ones that I do like, I really, really, really love. Does anyone have any suggestions based on my top 5? I mean, there are a lot that I'm interested in watching, but they're not complete yet (eg. Sad Love Story, Stained Glass, Tell Me You Love Me, 1% of Anything).

nvzbl

Post by nvzbl » Apr 2nd, '05, 08:47

my favs have to be stairway and, a older series, Beautiful Days.

mochi18

Post by mochi18 » Apr 3rd, '05, 03:53

my favs probably so far

1. harvard love story; was REALLY surprised i got into it cuz my friend said it was bad but nevertheless, me heart kim tae hee :). her and kim rae won were fabolous as a couple. the english actors were bad, but what did u expect?oh well, i just loved the cute and special moments, they made up for the bad english. though, kim tae hee's was tolerable, (was pretty good actually) but kim rae wons was... :glare: hehe, but i forgave him :)
2. misa - unqiue story, although hated the ending :(
3. full house - cute, love/hate relationship of shg n bi that i liked

popie

Post by popie » Apr 7th, '05, 13:21

i really loved stairway to heaven...gosh...this is one series that really makes me cry so hard..

then as for movies..

my tutor friend is one of my favorite also 100 days with mr. arrogant..

fujipuri

Post by fujipuri » Apr 8th, '05, 14:36

oct_7 wrote:Summer scent is not that bad. Btw, I was going to dl lover in paris, but after I read some reviews about it, i canceled it. They said that it has a very bad ending. Dunno how it ends though. So is it worth e dl?

Thank u,

Regards,
It's not bad. The ending kinda odd..in a way that they kinda just summarized everything.

But it's a nice ending..I like it. The whole story is very nice and smooth and not dragging. Do watch it. It's nice. I prefer Lovers in Paris rather than the Harvard ones.

As for the all time fav. k-drama for me, it has to be: All about Eve

Nothing beats that.... Jang Dong Gun and Chae Rim just soo adorable!!! :wub:

ah, been watching My Fair Lady *the korean version of jdorama "Yamato Nadeshiko"*, don't like it...it's too dragging and boring...

monkhoous

movies like All In

Post by monkhoous » Apr 10th, '05, 20:49

All In was a great movie with action, drama and there is Sandglass its kinda similar watched both and loved it so I was wondering if you guys know any thing similar to this if you do please recommend some thank you!

lucybobby

Post by lucybobby » Apr 11th, '05, 05:39

i've simply love 1. sweet 18 - oh so adorable!!
2. full house - song hye gyo and bi are so cute together
3. lovers in paris - so romantic!

prince's 1st love - pure and i mean pure torture. talk about bad acting. all of them sucks big time!!
glass shoes or whatever - really hate the guy!
all those slow..slow.. slow drama

lisy04

Post by lisy04 » Apr 11th, '05, 13:23

dramas i like(quite a few,recent n not-so-recent):

All About Eve(the very 1st k-drama n i got addicted ever since)
delicious proposal(pretty son ye jin n cute so ji sup)
summer scent(usually don't like SSH,but this drama changed my opinion)
love patji(love the 3 leads,but not the ending)
attic cat(kim rae won's so cute in there)
sister in law is 19(love kjw and jung da bin)
snow white(love kim jung hwa and of course....Lee Wan!)

some that i dislike or stopped watching after a few eps:
propose(what's with kim hee sun's hair?!)
rival(really looked forward to it but don't like the actress pairing with kjw)
All in(i don't understand the hype,but really don't like it)

lbhismyoppa

Post by lbhismyoppa » Apr 11th, '05, 14:05

Ha.... I love this topic....

Best K-dramas

1) Beautiful Days - 10/10 --> great acting/chemistry/no typical bad guy...
2) All About Eve - still drooling over JDG's prince charming character...
3) Dae Jang Geum - best drama yet... must see for its authenticity and historical values
4) Ruler of Your Own World - best modern drama - simple storyline, superb acting

Fun-dramas that make your day...
Attic Cat
Full house
Sweet 18
Delightful Choon Hang...

Worst K-dramas

1) Winter Sonata - the longest drama I've ever watched
2) Summer Scent - felt so bad for Ryu Jin - hated the main girl
3) Stairways to Heaven - absolutely no chemistry btw CJW and KSW...( a collage of all other K-dramas :blink )
iluvORANGEE!!

joonggook

Post by joonggook » Apr 11th, '05, 21:18

i have seen as much as everybody else, but starting to catch up. this is what i've seen so far:

1) all in
2) autumn's tale
3) winter sonata
4) full house
5) propose
6) sang doo, let's go to school

dl'd summer scent right now...but based on the above, my favorite has to be sang doo. it's not b/c of bi or the girl, but i really like the story line and it moves quickly and doesn't drag. it has all the "have-to"s for a korean drama but is less predictable. the ending was left to the imagination (don't want to spoil it so DON'T read) - dead or alive? i think alive. a close second is winter sonata. overall, i liked each one of them in their own ways.

Hinakun

Post by Hinakun » Apr 11th, '05, 22:09

fujipuri wrote: As for the all time fav. k-drama for me, it has to be: All about Eve
Nothing beats that.... Jang Dong Gun and Chae Rim just soo adorable!!! :wub:
Same here. I think they have good chemistry together in the drama. ALL ABOUT EVE my first completed kdrama. I started with Autumn's Tale but too slowpace that i couldnt even finish it. hehe

My Current Top 5 kdramas:
1) All About Eve [20eps]
- (Jang Dong Gun and Chae Rim)
- both have perfect sweet smile

2) Wondful Life [still airing]]
- (Eugene and Kim Jae Won)
- great chemistry betwen them, very funny

2) Romance [16eps]
- (Kim Ha Neul and Kim Jae Won)
- funny rom-comedy, great smiles

3) 1% of Anything [26eps]
- Kim Jung Hwa, no idea what's the actor name
- like how they kept on fighting in the first half of the dram... funny. 2nd half more serious.

hahah oh my... I dont even have a top 5 fav kdrama~~ I need to watch more.
maybe i will put my Watchlist:

Damo, Sorry I love you, Loving You, Sweet 18, Sangdoo, Last Dance with Me, Attic Cat, My Love Patzzi, Since I met you, Bright Girl success story etc

To finish list: Summer Scent, Autumn's Tale, Full House etc

trang

Post by trang » Apr 12th, '05, 23:16

every drama is cool for me :)

yaA_hoO

Post by yaA_hoO » Apr 13th, '05, 23:51

trang i agree with you. I just finished watching sad love story and i loved it :)

rel

Post by rel » Apr 15th, '05, 14:37

DAMO.. hands down, wow.. amazing.. I dont think any show/series will ever be able to top this one :P Three 3 leads.. perfect. Im tired of the disease/sickness and people destined to die :P
Last edited by rel on Apr 18th, '05, 16:23, edited 1 time in total.

jursey143

MUST SEE!

Post by jursey143 » Apr 16th, '05, 17:04

you must see Im sorry I love you!!
it's that GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOD!

jursey143

IM SORRY I LOVE YOU

Post by jursey143 » Apr 16th, '05, 17:58

I RECOMMEND IM SORRY I LOVE YOU...

Sorry, I love you is the best k-drama ever... and im not the only one that thinks so... reading this entire thread, it is actually one of most recommended... this drama is quite different from other dramas, the plot is not cliche at all. it is really good especially if you are a fan sad love stories or even just realistic events!! From the very first episode, this will definately captivate your undivided attention... and you will watch non-stop!! I cried as early as the 3rd episode!! (but thats just me!) ... imagine the last(i got really head-achey)...

Things you need while watching this fim:

1. A pitcher of water
2. A box of tissues
3. A happy k-drama to follow it up!!!

ajeng park

Re: RECOMMENDED/FAVORITE KOREAN DRAMAS

Post by ajeng park » Apr 17th, '05, 15:48

jaycee05 wrote:Meteor Garden(~twdrama)- this is the 1st drama i'd dl-ed from bittorrent...I like the 1st couple of eps...but bcoz I watched some kdramas midway, I began to see its flaws...so corny on a lot of scenes..but it's up to u, dont waste those hundred of hours u spent on dl-ing the episodes...
but dont expect it to be as good as full house or sang doo, those two dramas are like a million times better than MG..promise[/b]
- So you really think tdramas are corny? Hmmm..corny? corny? ok!
kenthisbelove???

jaycee05
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by jaycee05 » Apr 18th, '05, 03:13

:offtopic: Umm..not all twdramas, but most of them anyway...Actually I don't hate Meteor Garden...In fact, it's the only twdrama I was able to finish...I tried MVP Valentine, Lavender...but I cant even get passed the 1st episode. MG has a solid beginning, but I guess it appeals more to the younger generation.
Corny? Don't take the word too seriously as I use it very loosely. ok? ok! :mrgreen:

kvsanan

Post by kvsanan » Apr 18th, '05, 13:16

my favorite kdramas
1.full house :lol :lol :lol
2.autumn tale (first kdrama i've watched and cried so hard and the reason why me my friends and family are hooked to kdramas) :cry: :cry: :cry:
3.stairway to heaven :cry: :cry:
4.lover in paris :D :D :D
5.i'm sorry i love you :cry: :cry:

kdramas ok for me
1. love letter(i love jo hyun jae!) :wub: :wub: :wub:
2. all in (lee byung hun is a very brilliant actor here)
3. hotelier (i'd prefer the girl to be with the GM than BYJ)
4. nine tailed fox (different plot and i like the chemistry of kim tae hee and jo hyun jae)
5. let's go to schoo!sang doo (i like rain and the kid and hate the lead actress when crying)
6. sweet 18
7. all about eve

kdramas don't like very much
1.beautiful days
2.oh! pil seung
3.winter sonata
4.summer scent
5.attic cat
6.my love pattzi

on my list waiting for the subs to be completed
dae jang geum
save the last dance for me
snow white
delightful girl chun hyang
aubrey

pockiiee
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by pockiiee » Apr 18th, '05, 16:42

rel wrote: hmm you didn't watch damo ?
I was just thinking the same.. how could they not mention DAMO.. historical, action/fights/romance.. perfect :P[/quote]

I haven't seen it yet either,and trying to download it now. here's my Kdrama list:

1. Sweet 18 (this is one I can watch again, the last few eps seem tacked on, but iGREAT)
2. Country princess ( Nobody seems to mention this, the lead actress is excellent - has comedy, romance, and a bit of a tear jerker, I might make softsubs for the DVD if people are interested)
3.Attic Cat (, people love or hate it, but the acting is good, I like KRW's character)
4. Beautiful Days
5. Full House and I'm sorry I love you (these I loved when I first watched them, but hard to re-watch)
6. Phoenix ( I really ;liked the first eps, but dragged a bit, still like it)
7.A bright girl ( silly ending, but good comedy)

Kdrama I didn't like much:
1. 1000 years of love (plastic acting, too much gangster stuff)
2. Love letter (beautiful cinematography, but really depressing as it moves on)
3. Summer scents (UGH! boring)
Back for the time being

ElemersGlue

Korean Series

Post by ElemersGlue » Apr 19th, '05, 00:21

Korean series I've seen or going to (not very many yet :D )

1)Winter Sonata (the first Korean series I've ever seen. I'm almost finished with it. It might take a while, I really like it but it does move a bit slow for me. I guess the fact that there's not that much comic relief and just so much sadness that it can be overwhelming. I think an episode a day or a week would be the best way to watch it. Otherwise, it's a really good tearjerker series to watch and lots of cute scenes.)

2)Full House (I'm currently watching this one and I absolutely LOVE it! Really fun and there's definitely chemistry between the two main leads.)

3)My Love Patzzi (I really liked the first half of it, really fun and cute. I thought the second half dragged a bit, the love triangles just started to get a bit tiring. I thought the ending was okay, a bit predictable. Watch this if you have time on your hands)

4)Juliet (I think that's what it's called....I wasn't a huge fan of this series. It has a lot to do with the stock market and I got a little confused when they spoke in business lingo. Interest level isn't very high and the relationships built were only acceptable.)

3) Damo (I"m downloading that right now....can't wait to see it! Everyone has been saying how good it is)

TNF
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by TNF » Apr 19th, '05, 00:55

Most Kdramas I've seen are really good. Actually....they wer all good. the only sucky one i've seen is Mina, but i don't think it's that famous.

anyway, these are the series which i think are just perfect, the casting, the music (yeah the music is very important), the plot, just level of enjoyment. in no particular order:

1. Full House
Full of comedy, yet the plot is good. the poeple dress colorfully, wonder settings (loved the house), and this is about the only drama that i dreaded to end. each hourlong episode felt too short. It was that good.

2. Winter sonata
Maybe yonsama just blinded me, but i couldn't keep my eyes off the screen lol. the scenery was wonderful, the plot was really tear-provoking, and well the music was great. what more can ya ask for?

3. stairway to heaven
great soundtrack. the plot was really interesting. it was very ironic to see cjw with amnesia, when in winter sonata she was in ksw's shoes when bae yong jun had amnesia. i guess she played both roles pretty well.

4. Hotelier
i saw this one 3 years ago....but i still remember some scenes. i think i'll watch it again sometime since i wasn't really paying attention the first time i watched it. but then again i might not since i had such a good impression of it the first time around. it'lll be different when i watch it again

that's all i can think of for now.
Watching: IWGP, My Boss My Hero, Hakusen Nagashi, Tiger & Dragon, Over the Rainbow

sofee

Post by sofee » Apr 19th, '05, 01:09

I like a drama that has "boy chase girl" story line; a great love story, and both funny and sad moments, like Meteor Garden. Can you recommend a similar one, whether Korean, Chinese or Japanese.

leduytien

Post by leduytien » Apr 21st, '05, 09:07

Hoping these series will be on D-Addicts:

+ Wish upon a star
+ Doctor brother (or something like that, I don't know the name in English)
+ Glass slippers (again, some name like that :)

Those are some movies I watched in Vietnam and I miss them so much now ...

Penoy

Post by Penoy » Apr 22nd, '05, 07:17

sofee wrote:I like a drama that has "boy chase girl" story line; a great love story, and both funny and sad moments, like Meteor Garden. Can you recommend a similar one, whether Korean, Chinese or Japanese.
You can also watch "Lovers in Paris"
...Aja aja fighting!!!

PassionfruiT81

Post by PassionfruiT81 » Apr 22nd, '05, 20:57

So far my faves are Full house and Stairway to heaven. I have to admit the music in the drama's are very important. The Ost in these two drama's makes it more dramatic or even better.

pyh

Post by pyh » Apr 23rd, '05, 20:32

My favorites are :
Damo
Autumn Story
Winter Love
Full House
Sangdoo
Sorry I Love You
Love Story in Harvard
Lovers In Paris
Love Letter
Stairway To Heaven
Beautiful Days

srkfan

Post by srkfan » Apr 28th, '05, 04:24

Definitely 'Miss Kim Mkaing 1 Billion Won Project'!

TNF
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by TNF » Apr 28th, '05, 04:42

creidesca wrote:and currently airing in Korea: Delightful Girl, Chun-hyang (Sassy Girl, Chun Hyang)
gah, i can't stand the guy in that series...his teeth are ugh...lol. he looks good when he's not smiling though.....but it's a comedy so i guess he can't help it
Watching: IWGP, My Boss My Hero, Hakusen Nagashi, Tiger & Dragon, Over the Rainbow

gunjourui
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by gunjourui » Apr 28th, '05, 21:12

I've just started watching k-dramas and my first 2 series are Full House and 1% of Anything. Both veeeery funny and highly recommended :tv:
Image Image
supporting Kanju

luciferlove

Post by luciferlove » Apr 30th, '05, 00:15

Its my first time to watch Korean TV series, and 'Lovers in Paris' really got me into this. First time I heard the musical score, it tempted me and continued to investigate, and after watching the first 2 episodes, it just gets more interesting, specially how they admire those old romantic movies, and the performance of the actors, specially the actress Kim Jeong-Eun. The way she moves, shed her tears, everything she acts, as if you could really feel what the character really feels. She is not gorgeously beatiful, but she's very pretty and cute in her own way. Just watch and you'll see. By the way, the ending is not a disappointment, it just shows how creative the writer is, as you know, its like a cinderella like story but with a twist. Thanks to this community, I've finished the series. Now, Im looking for other titles to watch, any suggestions?

jursey143

Post by jursey143 » May 1st, '05, 06:44

My first k-drama is full house. :) and i loved it. :roll
However, if it hadn't been my first, i would probaly find it cliched.
But my all time favorite drama is sorry i love you. :cry: :cry: :cry:

And i really like Delightful Girl Choon-Hyang! Trust me, this one is good! It's sooo funny. It's got a lot of side knick knacks to it! They even did a parody of other dramas... hilarious!!! i was laughing so hard my stomache hurt. Guess which ones they are? Lovin' it :wub:

lullaby

Post by lullaby » May 2nd, '05, 15:52

The first korean drama that i ever watch till the last episode is Stairway to Heaven.. although i skip some episodes because of the broken frames, this drama really got into me.. love it..

Full House is fun to watch.. the storyline is quite light..

I'm currently watching What Happened in Bali, The Last Dance Is With Me, & Sad Sonata..

I'm addicted to watch What Happened in Bali & The Last Dance Is With Me.. love it to bits and pieces.. :wub: and still I havent finish watching both series..

Sad Sonata, I think I'm going to love this one also..

For movies,
I havent seen much korean movies but A Moment To Remember is on the top of my fave korean movies list..

lilsh0rtnancy

Any New K-Dramas

Post by lilsh0rtnancy » May 6th, '05, 00:33

Hi, I'm just wondering if there are any good new K-dramas w/ english subtitles? I'm kinda bored with the recent ones right now. The ones I have seen are:

1. Autumn Fairytale- sad and sweet, but kinda drags for me
2. Winter Sonata- cute beginning, drags in the middle and Ok ending
3. Summer Scent- boring beginning, ok in the middle, but eh altogether
4. All In- watched up to the middle and stopped. After watching FH I didn't like SHK with that LBH guy
5. Hot Tropical Nights in December- What the hell? Crappiest of all in my opinion and Kim Nam Jin has not improved in acting.
6. Prince's First Love- this was my first K-drama and I was so addicted, but after watching other K-dramas, I realized this wasn't so good. Sorry if I offend anyone, but Kim Nam Jin and Sung Yuri's acting is not good. The only reason I continued was probably for Cha Tae Hyun
7. Full House- I absolutely love it!
8. Sweet 18- very cute, but kinda drags at the end, other than that, I can rewatch this drama and not get bored.
9. What Happened in Bali- ok start, the music fits perfectly, but I still don't understand it
10. I'm Sorry, I love you- I like the beginning, very unique... the middle was good and the ending was sad. This is probably one of the most romantic K-drama I've seen, probably because of the main leads who had an exceptional chemistry. The romantic scenes and kissing scenes were very passionate (I love So Ji Sub after this).
11. O Pil Seung- cute beginning and eh the rest
12. Love Story in Harvard- watched 4 episodes and stopped. Wasn't very interesting.
13. Delightful Chun-hyang- one of the recent ones that I absolutely love. It's hilarious and a lot of cute scenes.
14. Hotelier- the main leading actress bugs the heck out of me, and I think it's boring
15. Sad Sonata- I love the beginning, but the main actor and actress doesn't capture my attention. I thought Kwon Sang Woo tried too hard to impress and Kim Hee Sun just has this blank stare that makes me wonder if she's still blind or not. I thought they had no chemistry at all. The only reason I watched it was for the other actor (he's Han Ga In's husband)

Movies:
1. Tale of Two Sisters- I've only seen the first 20 minutes and got too scared so I turned it off. From what I've read, I heard it's psychological scary, so hopefully I'll get the nerve to watch it someday.
2. My Little Bride- cute and funny, but not the best
3. He was Cool- Song Seung Hun looks very cute in here with his school uniform and I love the fight scenes. The beginning is good, but started to drag towards the end.
4. A Wolf's Attraction- I love the two main actors, very hot! I like the storyline and again, the fight scenes are excellent.
5. A Moment to Remember- I love it.
6. The Classic- just a classic love story that you would appreciate.
7. My Sassy Girl- a must watch movie. I love Cha Tae Hyun and his cute facial expressions. I think this movie has everything, love, comedy, action, and sad scenes.

Currently watching:
1. 1% of Anything- very cute and Kang Dong Won and Kim Jung Hwa make a cute couple. Kinda drags at the end, but still enjoyable.
2. 18:29- I like the beginning and the concept of the story, but the middle part isn't very exciting. Hopefully it'll get better.
3. Wonderful Life- I wish they had subtitles for this, but from what I'm watching, seems exactly like FH but with a kid. Although I don't understand what they're saying, I find this drama cute and enjoyable.
4. Super Rookie- I only saw the first episode last night and it think it's probably the worst of all. At least the sad ones had a fun beginning to capture my attention, but this one, I think they tried too hard to do that and the main actor annoys me, don't know why.

Can someone please recommend something romantic and funny. Something upbeat and happy, nothing sad please and nothing with Choi Ji Woo. Thanx!

jaycee05
Fansubber
Fansubber

Re: RECOMMENDED/FAVORITE KOREAN DRAMAS

Post by jaycee05 » May 6th, '05, 04:53

ajeng park wrote:]so..i must keep away from prince's first love? OUCH! That hurts.
Hey ajeng, if u were hurt bcoz of CTH...dont worry, I watched it solely for CTH...I cant stand toothpick-KNJ and *******-Sung Yuri...
I read a spoiler about the ending...I think I'll continue watching it bcoz of that :mrgreen:

ajeng park

Post by ajeng park » May 7th, '05, 09:54

Sweet 18, Full house, Lovers in Paris, My love patzzi, Save the last dance for me
kenthisbelove???

lilsh0rtnancy

hi

Post by lilsh0rtnancy » May 7th, '05, 18:25

Right now I'm watching Snow White/Sweet Love and I must recommend it. Even though I'm only on my third episode, this drama is very funny at the beginning and the leads are all doing a great job portraying their role. I think it's a fun drama for summer.
by: sayuri

tQySmA

Post by tQySmA » May 7th, '05, 20:55

trang wrote:every drama is cool for me :)
i have to agree w/ u.. i like everything..ehehehe.... :D err.. except for bali.. got really disappointed bout the ending... :cry: so so so :-( :cry: :cry: :cry:

tszyan

Post by tszyan » May 7th, '05, 21:31

stay away from prince first love ? aw that's sad. true the acting was horrible. but it was that drama and got me to watch more dramas. it did make me cry.. maybe it's because imma over senstive. watch it for humor not passion. ;) (Responding to the first post.)

true. Ireland is so strange. its good if you like strage things.

SAD LOVE STORY IS A MUST WATCH. It's really sad and a very touching. The leads are just amazing. WIth a twist here and there it really keeps you on the edge of your seat. If you watch this. Bring lots of tissue :D

Full House is bleh. Many overrate it because of Bi. Unless you really like Bi.. dont waste you time. I wasted mine.

L0SER

Post by L0SER » May 8th, '05, 17:27

i thought Rival featuring Kim Jaewon and So Yoojin was a good/okay drama. [/b]

nappi23

Post by nappi23 » May 9th, '05, 19:36

My first kdrama was full house and I loved it, Now i'm a big fan of bi and shk. She is a really great actress. I didn't like her much in autumn tale though. Also a big fan of I'm sorry I love you. Currently watching 1%. It was cute in the beginning but its starting to drag.... :unsure:

ragungs

Post by ragungs » May 10th, '05, 11:54

Hi ragungs here,

My first Kdrama is Love Story in Harvard. I like it so much because it just like me who study at overseas. The storyline is so interesting. And the girls is so cute. After I see this drama, I have more spirit to study to reach my best.

My second Kdrama is Full House. It's also interesting. I like the storyline and the music. I also realizes that love is not so simple from this drama.

Currently, I am re-watching Full House. :mrgreen:

capucine

Post by capucine » May 11th, '05, 12:36

Just watch "Full House" and really really love it!
Story & Bi & SHK so good!

leon401

Post by leon401 » May 16th, '05, 00:21

I watched Stairway to heaven the best drama i ever seen (would be muich better if she survived) , i am watching now winter sonata (just finished chapter 10) also watching All about Eve , i have a big question why All about Eve? i dont get the title i am watching the korean version with english subtitles and still in chapter 10 also , as soon as i finish i will check others dramas :D

in all dramas i had watched the microphone lol hehe funny :P

yuman

Post by yuman » May 16th, '05, 10:14

I'm more Jdrama fan but lately I have seen Dae Jang Geum ( jewel in the palace) and Now I want to see more drama of Lee Young Ae - Dae Jang Geum Main Charater. Is there more drama of her?? She and the drama is great!!!

asianprep

Something similar to stairway to heaven and Sad Sonata

Post by asianprep » May 17th, '05, 18:15

Anyone recommend any series that is similar to stairway to heaven and sad sonata?
I got hooked on Korean Drama by my gf and i need to feed my addiction=/
Last edited by asianprep on May 17th, '05, 19:14, edited 1 time in total.

amrayu
Administrator
Administrator

Post by amrayu » May 17th, '05, 18:51

So you like the melo-dramas...
I recommend:
The season dramas (Winter Sonata, Autumn Tale, and Summer Scent).
I'm sorry I love you.
Follow SARS-Fansubs on Twitter now!
Get up-to-date info on dramas and fansubbing!

kana

you not the only once

Post by kana » May 17th, '05, 19:20

Did you see 'Winter sonata'
If you love Stairway to heaven and Sad sonata
then you shouldn't miss WINTER Sonata....

babai

Post by babai » May 17th, '05, 19:57

I agree. Winter Sonata and I'm Sorry I Love You are great. I love melodramas too! :D

jianwa

Post by jianwa » May 17th, '05, 21:35

babai wrote:I agree. Winter Sonata and I'm Sorry I Love You are great. I love melodramas too! :D
I'm starting to hate them. Can't stand soo much sadness and I think its a receipe for how to turn GAY. :lol

amrayu
Administrator
Administrator

Post by amrayu » May 17th, '05, 21:57

jianwa wrote: I'm starting to hate them. Can't stand soo much sadness and I think its a receipe for how to turn GAY. :lol
:| That's kinda rude. There's nothing wrong with being gay. :glare:
Follow SARS-Fansubs on Twitter now!
Get up-to-date info on dramas and fansubbing!

jianwa

Post by jianwa » May 17th, '05, 22:25

amrayu wrote:
jianwa wrote: I'm starting to hate them. Can't stand soo much sadness and I think its a receipe for how to turn GAY. :lol
Alright, how about turning more feminine?

Nowadays, I only watch romance comedies.

nikeg

Post by nikeg » May 18th, '05, 12:42

jianwa wrote:
amrayu wrote:
Alright, how about turning more feminine?

Nowadays, I only watch romance comedies.
YAY for romantic comedies! top 2 for me are lets go to sang doo and 2nd proposal... more comedy than drama is awesome... kept me happy and awake every episode
Watching:Emperor of the Sea 23/52*dormant* Wedding 2/16*dormant* Over The Rainbow 2/16 GTO 2/11

ParkHanByul-Boa-ChaeRim-Eunhye-HanGaIn-JJH-Hyori-LeeYeonHee-SonYejin-Yuri

kwon_88

Post by kwon_88 » May 19th, '05, 11:37

hello I'm new here im planning to buy All in, is it good?? what drama is much better Firebird/phoenix or All in?? please i need your recomendation please :D

pablo_aimar

Post by pablo_aimar » May 21st, '05, 08:08

where can i download i'm sorry i love you...thanks...

AznZero

Post by AznZero » May 22nd, '05, 18:13

im not gay or anything but winter sonata isnt for me and might not b for you, i ono that main character but he looks old to me and kinda nerdy, but i reallly perfer autumn tale and im sorry i love you and remember sad sonata isnt all melo drama there like 2 action scenes maybe more but im only up to 14 so ya

Jules

Post by Jules » May 22nd, '05, 18:26

I tot 2nd proposal was sad o.,O
melo drama sux..
hae shin 4 life :D
Nonstop is pretty funnie ^^
I guess if you want korean comedy, just watch korean comedy shows, like gag concert, Sundays are happy days, non stop, pok juk club.. and more...
"If you thrive to die you will live, If you wish to live you will die." - Lee Soon Shin.
made sig with paint... so it sucks

kimmie_ai_ni4

recomendations please....

Post by kimmie_ai_ni4 » May 22nd, '05, 18:40

hi guys..... wats a good korean drama to watch....... i lyk romantic but funni too., hehe.. ive seen SNOW WHITE/FULL HOUSE.i think those are da only two korean shows ive d/led her in d-addicts.......hehe. any good ones?