Login Issue? Delete D-addicts cookie from your browser settings and login again.

RECOMMENDED/FAVORITE KDRAMAS (ask for suggestions here)

Discuss Korean drama series here.
iluvasiandrama

Post by iluvasiandrama » Feb 7th, '11, 23:04

Well here is my update on Playful Kiss, it's crap. I just finished the first episode and realized that it is a remake of ISWAK TWdrama. Jung So Min looks better than TW actress Ariel Lin and her acting is much better than Ariel Lin too. BUT I can tell already that I will have to skip thru a whole lot of this one because I already know what it's about. I just started watching it today and will most likely end it today.

iluvasiandrama

Post by iluvasiandrama » Feb 7th, '11, 23:18

ziliey wrote:
iluvasiandrama wrote:
Oooo I was just wondering about Playful Kiss! I don't think I will watch it if the lead is bad. Well let me watch the 1st epi and I will know if it's to my liking within 5-10 minutes. If not good then I will give Secret Garden a go.

You might want to try Oh! My Lady. It was good and had a few funny parts well not a lot but some cute and funny scenes.

I will try that!!! Playful kiss won't be that good but it does have some heartwarming scenes and the lead actress is very lovable...!!!
I like her in it..
At least the lead guy was better in PK than in Boys over Flowers...
:-)
You were right. Playful Kiss is crap. I can't watch it. On to the next drama. I need something recent and good! Like Oh! My Lady. Something with good music too. If the music is not so great and no good singing then it gets boring to me.

el_canuck

Post by el_canuck » Feb 7th, '11, 23:56

You people are a tough audience.
Take a look at this web page where you can vote on KDrama. This site might answer some of your questions and you can add to the vote.

http://www.darksmurfsub.com/forum/index ... -jan-2008/

Full House-great drama, great OST
Witch Yoo-Hee--good drama, great OST
Beethoven Virus-Korea's bad answer to Japan's brilliant Nodame Cantabile
I watched all three versions of Playful Kiss, Japans was the worst actors and video (it is the oldest), Taiwan's (2 seasons) stuck to the book the best but video quality was also lacking. Korea's was the newest and tried to combine two seasons into one season, the writer of the book has died so there was never any ending to the story written.

iluvasiandrama

Post by iluvasiandrama » Feb 8th, '11, 00:39

el_canuck wrote:You people are a tough audience.
Take a look at this web page where you can vote on KDrama. This site might answer some of your questions and you can add to the vote.

I watched all three versions of Playful Kiss, Japans was the worst actors and video (it is the oldest), Taiwan's (2 seasons) stuck to the book the best but video quality was also lacking. Korea's was the newest and tried to combine two seasons into one season, the writer of the book has died so there was never any ending to the story written.
YAY! Thanks el_canuck! I will check out that website and vote but I think I am heading over to Jdrama then Cdrama & TWdrama for a while. Then I will be back when there is another good Kdrama. Thanks for posting that site I am heading over now :salut:

iluvasiandrama

Post by iluvasiandrama » Feb 8th, '11, 02:19

el_canuck wrote:You people are a tough audience.

On second thought, I can't navigate on that website and it's too confusing and the layout is not user friendly.:scratch: I'll stick with d-addicts and silent regrets for now.

I changed my mind. :whistling: I watched the first episode of My princess and I like it! I'll stick with kdrama until I watched all of the good ones from 2010 up until now. Then I'll head over to TWdrama

iluvasiandrama

Post by iluvasiandrama » Feb 8th, '11, 03:03

Can someone recommend another drama like Marry Me Mary? I already watched Oh! My Lady and Boys Before Flowers. I want a drama with an poor kind of ugly female lead and super cute guy lead actor. Thanks :D

el_canuck

Post by el_canuck » Feb 8th, '11, 03:27

OK Atlanta, I have to ask. Are y'all looking g for good drama, or cute guys. If you liked Oh My Lady, then get Dal Ja's Spring, it is considered Chae Rim's best drama and a classic.
If you are new to this internet drama thing, then go back and get older ones because there is no waiting for subtitles and after you have watched a few older ones, then the newer ones will be ready to watch. One Fine Day is a good one with Gong Yoo. Make Drama Wiki your bible and go for it. I think if you have not seen Coffee Prince you are missing everything and Secret Garden is the next best KDrama.

Hancinema should be in your Favorites/Bookmarks for up to the minute news on KDrama.

iluvasiandrama

Post by iluvasiandrama » Feb 8th, '11, 03:41

I don't know about y'all do you mean all of us who are recommending dramas? That's confusing what you wrote so anyhow I want 2010 and newer from 2010 until now. I have seen most of the older one's before 2010 so not interested in those older ones. Thanks anyhow.

Anyone else have some suggestions please post or PM. Smooches :D

P.S. looking for Poor girl and cute hot lead guy and nice love songs. TIA

Viande

Post by Viande » Feb 8th, '11, 09:25

I actually thought Playful Kiss was ok, not a master piece but enjoyable. Well yes Kim Hyun Joong can't act but the story was ok and I found the rest of the family more interesting that just Baek Seung Jo's and Oh Ha Ni's romance. I just loved Baek Seung Jo's mother and his little brother. The guy who had a crush on Oh Ha Ni was adorable too.

But then again, I'm a shôjo consumer and I like characters who are a bit silly but have warm heart so... (I have never understud why people hate "perfect", warm hearted characters because I wish I had even once met one in real life.)

I wouldn't say in same phrase Playful Kiss is crap and praise MMM and BOF. :lol

@iluvasiandrama, if you like romantic comedies and the poor girl & rich guy set, you should watch Secret Garden, Goong, Full House and the Secret Lovers. Can't say that the girls are ugly though. ;) Also, only Secret Garden is from last year. You might also like My Girlfriend is a Gumiho if you want a cute story, it's from last year.

iluvasiandrama

Post by iluvasiandrama » Feb 8th, '11, 14:08

Viande wrote:I actually thought Playful Kiss was ok, not a master piece but enjoyable. Well yes Kim Hyun Joong can't act but the story was ok and I found the rest of the family more interesting that just Baek Seung Jo's and Oh Ha Ni's romance. I just loved Baek Seung Jo's mother and his little brother. The guy who had a crush on Oh Ha Ni was adorable too.

But then again, I'm a shôjo consumer and I like characters who are a bit silly but have warm heart so... (I have never understud why people hate "perfect", warm hearted characters because I wish I had even once met one in real life.)

I wouldn't say in same phrase Playful Kiss is crap and praise MMM and BOF. :lol

@iluvasiandrama, if you like romantic comedies and the poor girl & rich guy set, you should watch Secret Garden, Goong, Full House and the Secret Lovers. Can't say that the girls are ugly though. ;) Also, only Secret Garden is from last year. You might also like My Girlfriend is a Gumiho if you want a cute story, it's from last year.
Did you see It Started With A Kiss? If not, then that is prolly why you liked Playful Kiss. It's a re-make of ISWAK and I don't think it was a good rendition. ISWAK was good because the whole family was funny but they focused too much on the lead girl's stupidity and it was overboard. But you are entitled to opinion so to each their own :D

The only new one you mentioned is Secret Garden so I will read up on that one. The others I've seen and they are older. I'm looking for something NEWER.

Goong - I saw that and it was pretty good as far as ugly poor girl and super hot guy but I can only watch Yoon Eun Hye when she plays boy roles. She plays them perfect!

Any more suggestions anyone? 2010 to 2011

Viande

Post by Viande » Feb 8th, '11, 17:35

iluvasiandrama wrote: Did you see It Started With A Kiss? If not, then that is prolly why you liked Playful Kiss. It's a re-make of ISWAK and I don't think it was a good rendition. ISWAK was good because the whole family was funny but they focused too much on the lead girl's stupidity and it was overboard. But you are entitled to opinion so to each their own :D
Well my point of view was quite objective because I had not seen any other versions of it before. In fact, I wasn't hoping much from it because of Kim Hyun Joong and I was surprised that I liked it. ("like" = watchable) I don't think just being remake makes remakes any worse than they are. What I mean is that it's a bit overreacting to say something is crap because it's a remake and wasn't same as the original version. For exaple I tried to watch BOF before seeing the original version HYD but I coudn't finish it because it was so horrible but I watched HYD after it and loved it.

So... I don't think it was just matter of not seeing the original version first. But I don't argue if the original version was better than this, it's quite possible. I still need to watch it. :-)

Haruka91

Post by Haruka91 » Feb 9th, '11, 08:20

Just finish Mary Stayed Out All Night ~~
nice romance drama
especially the song, really great!!
i aldy dl all the ost >.<i>.<

ziliey

Post by ziliey » Feb 9th, '11, 13:36

Haruka91 wrote:Just finish Mary Stayed Out All Night ~~
nice romance drama

Same goes for me...
It's awesome that Gang seuk had done most of the songs and they are all sooo good.
My favorite is 'My Precious"
Love that song...
:D

Haruka91

Post by Haruka91 » Feb 9th, '11, 14:16

ziliey wrote:
Haruka91 wrote:Just finish Mary Stayed Out All Night ~~
nice romance drama

Same goes for me...
It's awesome that Gang seuk had done most of the songs and they are all sooo good.
My favorite is 'My Precious"
Love that song...
ya2 i oso like that song, mostly "My Bus", "My Precious", "Tell Me Your Love" and "Super Star " :wub:

now i'm watching Secret Garden, at 1st until 4th ep, it seem really bored, but when i watched 5th ep, when they swap their body, it really funny :lol
and now it seem interesting for me hahahaha XD

jubies33

Post by jubies33 » Feb 11th, '11, 20:41

for 2010 dramas i recommend sunkyunkwan scandal, coffee house, prosecutor princess, stars falling from the sky. you said you have seen most of the older dramas but if you haven't seen you're beautiful, what's up fox? or smile, you i would recommend those as well. I am currently watching dream high and love it. I really like any show with good singing and dancing, but i think the acting is great as well.

currently watching dream high, my princess, secret garden, love buffet, taisetsu na koto wa subete kimi ga oshiete kureta

esmer86
Upload Addict
Upload Addict

Post by esmer86 » Feb 11th, '11, 21:51

Can anyone tell me how The Story of the Great King and the Four Gods/The Legend was. I know there is a topic here on D-Addicts but when I started to skim through the page I noticed that there was NO SPOILERS! :crazy: I just wanna know if its watchable or not. It seems like there is a lot of CGI/fantasy things going on there.

Im thinking of just going down the list of Sageuk and Taeha dramas that Ethleen posted and watch them all one by one. Imagine how much time thats going to take! :goggle: :rofl:

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » Feb 11th, '11, 21:58

Hmm, The Legend was a crap in my opinion.... But everyone has one's own.
And yes, following the list will take a looooot of time, dear^^

IJNEK

Post by IJNEK » Feb 13th, '11, 23:40

Finished Gloria and QOR....need something new to watch. What is your take on Once Upon a time in Saeng Cho-ri? Any recommendations along the lines of the shows I just watched? Thanks!

jubies33

Post by jubies33 » Feb 13th, '11, 23:47

just finished secret garden.. so glad i didn't give up it. can't say enough good things about that drama. so now I know what the secret garden blues feels like. I need to find something new to watch. I fell for Park Shi Hoo in prosecutor princess and was wondering if queen of reversals and family's honor are any good? I was also thinking of paradise ranch and once upon a time in saengchori. has anyone seen either of these or have any other recommendations for romantic comedy or romantic drama. I have also been curious if anyone has watched flames of ambition?

el_canuck

Post by el_canuck » Feb 14th, '11, 02:02

Paradise Ranch--I started to read the discussion pages on PR and they all start about how anxious they are on this new drama and that they cannot wait. Then the messages stopped after it got going. The reason, it is bad, something I did not expect from SBS. I started watching it because I wanted to see how Lee Yeon Hee did in a starring role (I had only seen her in One Fine Day) now I switch over to the Japanese side due to the poor quality of KDrama, not like last year at this time. I guess I am waiting for My Princess and Athena to end so I can watch them and not have to wait.

Anybody who says Playful Kiss is bad and Marry me Mary is good is not judging the drama, just hot for an actor in MMM.

jubies33

Post by jubies33 » Feb 14th, '11, 03:05

i think anyone who has seen the taiwanese version it started with a kiss will compare it with playful kiss. If they liked taiwanese version they may not like the korean version. I have seen both and like both for different reasons. I think they each have their own merits and flaws, however I also like mary stayed out all night and it seems like many didn't like it soo i guess it just comes down to personal taste.

el_canuck

Post by el_canuck » Feb 14th, '11, 05:27

Do not forget the original "Itazura na Kiss", how many have seen it? I have seen all three and I liked ISWAK and Playful Kiss. I watched thinking that it could not top ISWAK but I enjoyed it all the way to the end. I noticed that both Playful Kiss and MMM both had had low ratings in the 6% range, of course Playful Kiss did not have Jang Geun Suk to help it in the ratings.
Have any of the 4 from Boys over Flowers had a decent drama since the end of "Flowers",
one that has scored high in the ratings? I read somewhere that Koo Hye Sun is now going to direct.

ziliey

Post by ziliey » Feb 14th, '11, 06:46

I haven't watched any Taiwanese dramas yet..
But is It started with a kiss as good as you guys make it sound??
:unsure:

Willow

Post by Willow » Feb 14th, '11, 07:22

I'm currently watching my princess and dream high. both i highly recommend. both are doing good with the ratings too.

iluvasiandrama

Post by iluvasiandrama » Feb 14th, '11, 14:31

I agree My Princess is really good. I am watching Autumn's Concerto meanwhile. It's pretty good with some disturbing parts at the beginning. I'm also starting Nagareboshi jdrama today too. Can't wait for ep 13+ of My Princess!

jubies33

Post by jubies33 » Feb 14th, '11, 18:24

well I would say ISWAK is good but not great. Joe Cheng is so good in this and plays his character perfectly but I got really annoyed with Ariel Lyn's character at times. I think it is worth watching. I actually enjoyed the second season more than the first but others might disagree. That being said even though I liked it it would not make my top 20 anymore(out of all dramas not just taiwanese) If you do watch it and like it I would recommend the rose. That drama was so funny and the actors have great chemistry.

iluvasiandrama

Post by iluvasiandrama » Feb 14th, '11, 19:31

ziliey wrote:I haven't watched any Taiwanese dramas yet..
But is It started with a kiss as good as you guys make it sound??
:unsure:
It is better than the kdrama version TO ME but others don't agree. So it pretty much is personal taste (not the show btw hehe). The TWdrama ISWAK got to be annoying at times but was better than kdrama IMO. One thing I noticed is the Kdrama has a better looking lead girl than the TWdrama's Ariel Lin, too me.

If you would like to watch some good TWdrama you should look at the suggestions in the Chinese Drama forum. I would quickly recommend Devil Beside You before watching any other TWdrama. :D

I don't think you will regret it but you have to see it for yourself.

As for kdrama, some of the newer ones I would recommend are Worlds Within (2008), S. Scandal (2010), Marry Me Mary! (2010), My Princess (2011)

ziliey

Post by ziliey » Feb 14th, '11, 19:49

iluvasiandrama wrote: It is better than the kdrama version TO ME but others don't agree. So it pretty much is personal taste (not the show btw hehe). The TWdrama ISWAK got to be annoying at times but was better than kdrama IMO. One thing I noticed is the Kdrama has a better looking lead girl than the TWdrama's Ariel Lin, too me.

If you would like to watch some good TWdrama you should look at the suggestions in the Chinese Drama forum. I would quickly recommend Devil Beside You before watching any other TWdrama. :D

As for kdrama, some of the newer ones I would recommend are Worlds Within (2008), S. Scandal (2010), Marry Me Mary! (2010), My Princess (2011)

Hehehehe thanks for the recommendation!!!
I think I will start off with that...
As for KDramas.. I'm already following My princess and I LOVED MMM!!!!
Already getting ready to watch WW.. Anything with Hyun Bin, I gotta give it a shot!!!

:wub:

iluvasiandrama

Post by iluvasiandrama » Feb 14th, '11, 20:35

ziliey wrote:
iluvasiandrama wrote: It is better than the kdrama version TO ME but others don't agree. So it pretty much is personal taste (not the show btw hehe). The TWdrama ISWAK got to be annoying at times but was better than kdrama IMO. One thing I noticed is the Kdrama has a better looking lead girl than the TWdrama's Ariel Lin, too me.

Hehehehe thanks for the recommendation!!!
I think I will start off with that...
As for KDramas.. I'm already following My princess and I LOVED MMM!!!!
Already getting ready to watch WW.. Anything with Hyun Bin, I gotta give it a shot!!!

:wub:
YAY! I'm glad you like MMM too :D. WW was really good but the ratings were low due to BBF airing at the same time. Other than that it was good and had a nice ending. I know Hyun Bin sunbae is dreamy :wub:

iluvasiandrama

Post by iluvasiandrama » Feb 14th, '11, 20:37

BTW, I have watched Devil Beside You at least 3 times and each time I see things I missed. It is so good and the OST is awesome!

ziliey

Post by ziliey » Feb 14th, '11, 21:43

Then i must watch it
Thank you!!!!!! :lol

jubies33

Post by jubies33 » Feb 15th, '11, 02:37

I agree about devil beside you. It is probably my favorite tw drama. On the heavier side, bump off lover and Mars are great too.

jubies33

Post by jubies33 » Feb 15th, '11, 02:40

On episode 7 of slow dance(japanese drama) and still trying to figure out which k drama I will watch next. Is queen of reversals or family's honor any good? love Park Shi Hoo since prosecutor princess.

iluvasiandrama

Post by iluvasiandrama » Feb 15th, '11, 03:17

I haven't seen Family's honor but at 54 epi's I prolly won't watch it. Queen of Reversals look good but I really can't comment since I have not watched either of them.

I got tired of Mars at around the 6th episode but that may be because I didn't like Barbie Xu in that drama. I liked her in Love w/Corners.

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » Feb 15th, '11, 04:00

jubies33 wrote:On episode 7 of slow dance(japanese drama) and still trying to figure out which k drama I will watch next. Is queen of reversals or family's honor any good? love Park Shi Hoo since prosecutor princess.
Watch those.

jubies33

Post by jubies33 » Feb 17th, '11, 20:31

thanks Ethienn. I am really enjoying queen of reversals!

Neliets

Post by Neliets » Feb 17th, '11, 20:44

Is Over The Rainbow good? I heard a song from OST and it made me curious. And moreover it has Hwanhee in it.

WasabiVengeance

Recommend me a K-drama!

Post by WasabiVengeance » Feb 18th, '11, 14:50

I've got the kdrama itch currently, but I've been out of the scene for a while. The last recent thing I've watched was Coffee Prince, which I loved to death!

Can anyone recommend me a great, recent kdrama with english subs available? It doesn't have to have super hot guys or girls, just solid acting. Completely stereotypical cinderella stories are fine.

Thanks in advance!

Neliets

Post by Neliets » Feb 18th, '11, 15:04

Oh, a guy!

This is the list I wrote before.

My Girl,
Goong,
Dal Jas Spring,
That Fool,
Take Care Of The Young Lady,
Shining Inheritance,
Full House,
Creating Destiny,
Oh! My Lady,
Personal Taste,
Invincible Lee Pyong Kang,
City Hall,
My Girlfriend is a Gumiho,
Prosecutor Princess
My lovely Sam-soon

But if you seek for really addictive Drama and it may be quite sad but very, very good, then watch A Love To Kill, The Devil and Sorry, I Love You, and Bad Guy. Pick one.
And oh... recent? Bad Guy then, buy if you want something lighter and quite funny too, then Fugitive : Plan B. There is My Girlfriend is a Gumiho, too. Just pick one of these.

WasabiVengeance

Post by WasabiVengeance » Feb 18th, '11, 15:31

Hey Neliets, thanks. Question though, I specifically requested kdrama with english subs available. The place I usually check is http://www.d-addicts.com/forum/subtitles.php, but that doesn't seem to list subs for Fugitive : Plan B, Bad Guy, or My Girlfriend is a Gumiho. Are people getting kdrama subs somewhere else now?

aility

Post by aility » Feb 18th, '11, 15:39

subs: WITHs2 or Haru2subs

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » Feb 18th, '11, 15:41

WITHS2 went separate ways some time ago. Simple search on google would show this website.
Haru2 is another group. BON is another.

jubies33

Post by jubies33 » Feb 18th, '11, 16:42

wasabi vengeance my more current favorites are:

city hall
prosecutor princess
coffee house
sunkyunkwan scandal
you're beautiful
stars falling from the sky/wish upon a star
the woman who still wants to marry
secret garden
dream high(currently airing)
queen of reversals(im currently watching this and it's really good so far)
what's up fox?(from 2006 but if you haven't seen it yet i really recommend it)
que sera sera(from 2007, not for everyone but i loved it,a more intense drama)
smile,you

Neliets

Post by Neliets » Feb 18th, '11, 20:14

Ehhhhhhhh. I feel like watching something good. Is there anything else to see from good, old classics? Something very very good but on a sad note, like The Devil, Bad Guy, A Love To Kill or Sorry, I love You, or Soulmate? Please, help me! Is there anything else that good left to watch?

Ethlenn, you know a lot of dramas, you got anything like that?

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » Feb 18th, '11, 20:18

Right now it's President.
On Air wasn't bad either, also Que Sera Sera or Lovers (but those are not "brand new").
Plus Gumiho - The Tale of the Fox Child is really grim, intense but nice.

iluvasiandrama

Post by iluvasiandrama » Feb 18th, '11, 20:34

Neliets wrote:Ehhhhhhhh. I feel like watching something good. Is there anything else to see from good, old classics? Something very very good but on a sad note, like The Devil, Bad Guy, A Love To Kill or Sorry, I love You, or Soulmate? Please, help me! Is there anything else that good left to watch?

Ethlenn, you know a lot of dramas, you got anything like that?
I was looking for the same thing and couldn't really find one. Ended up w/Chuno and it's good so far. I'm only on episode 6 so it hasn't really gotten sad yet but it's okay so far. I'm looking for something like Iljimae sad funny romantic and addictive or "seat hanger" I call them. I hope Chuno is sad like Iljimae but I guess my sis and I will find out soon. I hope someone can recommend more too.

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » Feb 18th, '11, 20:36

Well, Chuno is a lot sadder than Iljimae. A whole lotta lot.
But the Gumiho drama - it's kinda sageuk, so... ekhem...

Another sad but good drama is Thank You. Recommended.

Neliets

Post by Neliets » Feb 18th, '11, 20:38

Ethlenn wrote:Right now it's President.
On Air wasn't bad either, also Que Sera Sera or Lovers (but those are not "brand new").
Plus Gumiho - The Tale of the Fox Child is really grim, intense but nice.
I'm getting all girly, you know. I want some romance now, but, as far as I know, President isn't about that, neither is Gumiho. But I'll take Que Sera Sera, watched some moments on youtube(OST or something), looks worth watching.

Yes, I heard that Chuno is very good and so on but, sorry, not a fan of historical dramas. While downloading the first episode of Que Sera Sera, I'll read the first pages of this thread, I don't think that I've seen all classics... I have a feeling that I have left out something.

I wrote down Thank You. I totally forgot about that one. I'll watch that next.

Sham26

Post by Sham26 » Feb 18th, '11, 20:48

Neliets..."Thank u" is a must watch !

arakira
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by arakira » Feb 18th, '11, 20:51

Ethlenn wrote:Well, Chuno is a lot sadder than Iljimae. A whole lotta lot.

Seconding Thank You. Loved it^^
I'm not much into melos, so I don't know any other sad classics...and I still have to finish What happened in Bali...but I know it's said to be sad towards the end ;)

Viande

Post by Viande » Feb 18th, '11, 21:01

Que Sera Sera is ok but it's not exactly heart tearing story. I got more sad about the female lead (Jung Yoo Mi) who was so skinny that she looked more like a skeleton in a dress... >.< But yes, otherwise it's worth to watch.

Have you seen Magic yet? It's a bit messy story but very sad and worth to watch at least once.

Neliets

Post by Neliets » Feb 18th, '11, 21:25

Viande wrote:Que Sera Sera is ok but it's not exactly heart tearing story. I got more sad about the female lead (Jung Yoo Mi) who was so skinny that she looked more like a skeleton in a dress... >.< But yes, otherwise it's worth to watch.

Have you seen Magic yet? It's a bit messy story but very sad and worth to watch at least once.
I checked out the first pages and remembered these two - Resurrection, All About Eve.

Anyhow, Thank You is on my to-watch list now. Now I'll have something to watch for quite a while. Half of Hello! Miss(this will come somewhere in the middle of everything), Que Sera, Sera, Thank You, Resurrection, Magic, All About Eve and in the middle probably something more cheerful.

I don't think I'll be bothered by skeleton in a dress, I've seen Bodyguard where the main lead was the same, but still, she was cute, despite the bad video quality. ;D

And, as few of you may already know, I listen to K.Will's Dream(A Love To Kill OST) and I just love it. And everytime I watch the MV of the OST, I just get the feeling like(can't explain... addictive feeling... sad at the same time... and a huge desire to watch it and see it again...) back in the old days, when I just started to watch kdramas.

iluvasiandrama

Post by iluvasiandrama » Feb 19th, '11, 04:10

Ethlenn wrote:Well, Chuno is a lot sadder than Iljimae. A whole lotta lot.

Thanks Ethlenn. I'm watching Ep 10 and not skipped parts yet and you are right no romance. No teary eyed scenes yet. I am just watching hoping it will start getting good at some point since it's 24 episodes. A lot of reviews online say they cried so much on this one so I was hoping we would be crying by now but not yet.

Looked at synopsis for Thank You, I don't like human life reality type really I like more historical and romance comedy and like ones like Love to Kill too. For now, I want to hang on to my seat (can't wait for next episode) cry a whole lot and see nice romance chemistry too. :-(

iluvasiandrama

Post by iluvasiandrama » Feb 19th, '11, 04:21

One more thing..It sucks that they play rock n roll music during fight scenes in Chuno. I wish they would just play traditional music. visual effects are a little cheesy too. I will keep watching it though.

iluvasiandrama

Post by iluvasiandrama » Feb 20th, '11, 05:54

Ok. I watched Chuno and didn't like it at all. Just not my type of historical drama. On to watch new releases of My Princess and then something else.

ziliey

Post by ziliey » Feb 20th, '11, 06:39

Gonna start watching Paradise Ranch!

Neliets

Post by Neliets » Feb 20th, '11, 21:07

Who said that Que Sera Sera isn't good? Damn, I have watched about 8 episodes today. Very good drama. Quite strong/bold but good.

ziliey

Post by ziliey » Feb 21st, '11, 11:08

Neliets wrote:Who said that Que Sera Sera isn't good? Damn, I have watched about 8 episodes today. Very good drama. Quite strong/bold but good.
What is it about???

Neliets

Post by Neliets » Feb 21st, '11, 14:37

ziliey wrote:
Neliets wrote:Who said that Que Sera Sera isn't good? Damn, I have watched about 8 episodes today. Very good drama. Quite strong/bold but good.
What is it about???
You could try searching in Dramawiki...

It's quite complicated, I can't describe it myself.

LeeSeunggi

Where to watch "My Girl"?

Post by LeeSeunggi » Feb 21st, '11, 22:42

Ok, so I'm from United Kingdom, therefore, dramafever website doesn't work.
I went to dramacrazy and mysoju. The quality is sooo poor!
Where can I watch it with better quality?

And yeah, can you recommend me some romance comedy dramas?

esmer86
Upload Addict
Upload Addict

Post by esmer86 » Feb 22nd, '11, 01:25

Can I just say I fell in love again last weekend and its all because of one little drama called Pasta. I really enjoyed watching Lee Sun Gyun in Coffee Prince and extra loved him in Pasta. There is something about when he smiles and laugh, I have to laugh as well :wub: There was no killing, no real/major sabotage that someone had to die, just something light, romantic, and funny which i majorly needed last weekend.

iluvasiandrama

Re: Where to watch "My Girl"?

Post by iluvasiandrama » Feb 22nd, '11, 02:10

LeeSeunggi wrote:Ok, so I'm from United Kingdom, therefore, dramafever website doesn't work.
I went to dramacrazy and mysoju. The quality is sooo poor!
Where can I watch it with better quality?

And yeah, can you recommend me some romance comedy dramas?
Try Youtube, Hulu and DailyMotion

iluvasiandrama

Post by iluvasiandrama » Feb 22nd, '11, 02:17

I really like Gong Yoo he is HOT! :wub: I noticed he hasn't starred in anything recent.

Can anyone recommend dramas like Coffee Prince and Sungkyunkwan Scandal where the girl disguises herself to be a guy?

ziliey

Post by ziliey » Feb 22nd, '11, 07:21

iluvasiandrama wrote:I really like Gong Yoo he is HOT! :wub: I noticed he hasn't starred in anything recent.

Can anyone recommend dramas like Coffee Prince and Sungkyunkwan Scandal where the girl disguises herself to be a guy?

Gong Yoo has won my heart!!!! :wub:
I love Coffee prince to death no matter what others say....
Another drama that has a girl pretending to be a guy is You're Beautiful...
It's funny as well but the romance isn't as strong as in Coffee Prince..
But I loved it as well

Jang guek Suk is in it!!
:D :-)

iluvasiandrama

Post by iluvasiandrama » Feb 22nd, '11, 13:57

I miss Gong Yoo but I am so drooling over Jang guek Suk right now too :w00t: but I didn't like You're Beautiful. I'm not sure why but I didn't like the lead actress acting in this one. I don't think there are many out there where the girl disguises herself to be like a guy...
Last edited by iluvasiandrama on Feb 22nd, '11, 14:01, edited 2 times in total.

arakira
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by arakira » Feb 22nd, '11, 13:58

iluvasiandrama wrote:I really like Gong Yoo he is HOT! :wub: I noticed he hasn't starred in anything recent.

He hasn't been lazy since he got released from military service thoug...did the movie Finding Mr Destiny last year and already started filming his next one.

iluvasiandrama

Post by iluvasiandrama » Feb 22nd, '11, 14:04

arakira wrote:

He hasn't been lazy since he got released from military service thoug...did the movie Finding Mr Destiny last year and already started filming his next one.
Really?! :O I will look up the synopsis for that movie. Thanks. I wish there were more where girl pretends to be a guy and then lead male likes her before he finds out.

ziliey

Post by ziliey » Feb 22nd, '11, 15:42

iluvasiandrama wrote:I miss Gong Yoo but I am so drooling over Jang guek Suk right now too :w00t: but I didn't like You're Beautiful. I'm not sure why but I didn't like the lead actress acting in this one. I don't think there are many out there where the girl disguises herself to be like a guy...

awww!!!
That sucks you didn't like You're beautiful!!
Did you watch Jang Guek Suk's Baby and I????
He is sooo hot in it!!!
As well as good
:wub: :whistling:

ziliey

Post by ziliey » Feb 22nd, '11, 15:44

arakira wrote:
*gasp*
Which movie??????
O_O
I wanna see him act again!!!
Is finding Mr. destiny good????

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » Feb 22nd, '11, 15:48

Very witty, funny and clever movie. But no subs as for now, because it's a fresh movie^^

iluvasiandrama

Post by iluvasiandrama » Feb 22nd, '11, 15:49

ziliey wrote:
iluvasiandrama wrote:I miss Gong Yoo but I am so drooling over Jang guek Suk right now too :w00t: but I didn't like You're Beautiful. I'm not sure why but I didn't like the lead actress acting in this one. I don't think there are many out there where the girl disguises herself to be like a guy...

awww!!!
That sucks you didn't like You're beautiful!!
Did you watch Jang Guek Suk's Baby and I????
He is sooo hot in it!!!
As well as good
:wub: :whistling:
:O I never heard of Baby and I... :lol Thanks ziliey! I will try to find it and watch first episode. I really tried with You're Beautiful, I tried 3 times and couldn't get into it at all. Maybe I will give it a few months and try again but I doubt it :-(

iluvasiandrama

Post by iluvasiandrama » Feb 22nd, '11, 15:51

Ethlenn wrote:Very witty, funny and clever movie. But no subs as for now, because it's a fresh movie^^
Yeah I just searched for subs online and couldn't find any :-(

ziliey

Post by ziliey » Feb 22nd, '11, 15:51

iluvasiandrama wrote:

:O I never heard of Baby and I... :lol Thanks ziliey! I will try to find it and watch first episode. I really tried with You're Beautiful, I tried 3 times and couldn't get into it at all. Maybe I will give it a few months and try again but I doubt it :-(
It's a movie!!!!
The baby in it is sooooo cute!!!
I just finished watching it today!!!
I hope you will give it a try..
And who knows.... say after a couple of months you might just feel like watching YB and really like it!!
8) :D

ziliey

Post by ziliey » Feb 22nd, '11, 15:53

iluvasiandrama wrote:
Ethlenn wrote:Very witty, funny and clever movie. But no subs as for now, because it's a fresh movie^^
Yeah I just searched for subs online and couldn't find any :-(

Guess we have to wait a while....
:-(
How long do you think it'l take for the movie to be subbed??
:blink

iluvasiandrama

Post by iluvasiandrama » Feb 22nd, '11, 15:57

ziliey wrote:
It's a movie!!!!
The baby in it is sooooo cute!!!
I just finished watching it today!!!
I hope you will give it a try..
And who knows.... say after a couple of months you might just feel like watching YB and really like it!!
8) :D
Ok I will look it up. I know I wish I could try YB maybe I will soon

Finding Mr. Destiny does look really look like good movie! I can tell from the trailer. just keep watching the trailer over and over... :-( Wish I could see the whole movie w/subs though, my friend translates to me sometimes and said she would with this movie but I don't like to hear her talking out loud throughout the movie it makes it hard to hear and get into the movie. Bummer