Big (KBS2, 2012)

Discuss Korean drama series here.
Post Reply
esmer86
Upload Addict
Upload Addict
Posts: 447
Joined: Mar 27th, '10, 15:10

Big (KBS2, 2012)

Post by esmer86 » May 27th, '12, 22:37

Image

Title: 빅 / Big
Genre: Fantasy, Romance, Comedy
Episodes: 16
Broadcast network: KBS2
Broadcast period: 2012-June-04 to 2012-July-24
Air time: Monday & Tuesday 21:55

OFFICIAL WEBSITE

Synopsis
18 years old Kang Kyung Joon (Shin Won Ho)’s spirit suddenly becomes transplanted in the body of 30 years old Seo Yoon Jae (Gong Yoo). Seo Yoon Jae is a successful doctor and engaged to high school teacher Gil Da Ran (Lee Min Jung). Gil Da Ran just so happens to be the teacher of 18 years old Kang Kyung Joon.

Jang Ma Ri (Bae Suzy) is a girl who love Kang Kyung Joon (Shin Won Ho) and try any effort to escape Kang Kyung Joon’s spirit from Seo Yoon Jae’s body.

Cast
Gong Yoo as Seo Yoon Jae
Lee Min Jung as Gil Da Ran
Bae Suzy as Jang Ma Ri
Jang Hee Jin as Lee Se Young
Shin Won Ho as Kang Kyung Joon
Jang Hyun Sung as Kang Hyuk Soo

Supporting Cast
Go Soo Hee as Lee Gyung Mi
Ahn Suk Hwan as Gil Min Gyu
Yoon Hae Young as Lee Jung Hye
Baek Sung Hyun as Gil Choong Sik
Moon Ji Yoon as Na Hyo Sang
Choi Ran as Kim Yeong Ok
Shin Ji Soo as Lee Ae Kyung
Lee Hee jin
koreandrama.org
Bigger resolution pictures:
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image(OMO)
:faint: -HanCinema
Teaser #1
Teaser #2
Last edited by esmer86 on Jun 4th, '12, 21:01, edited 1 time in total.
Image :wub: :alcoholic: TW Drama: Whos the One

yelle11
Posts: 1
Joined: Aug 17th, '11, 11:43

Post by yelle11 » May 30th, '12, 00:04

please, is it possible for torrents to be available for this drama??been looking for a good copy of this drama..thanks! :-( looking forward to it!!! :salut:

User avatar
xnopex
Posts: 56
Joined: May 26th, '12, 02:16

Post by xnopex » May 30th, '12, 00:21

yelle11 wrote:please, is it possible for torrents to be available for this drama??been looking for a good copy of this drama..thanks! :-( looking forward to it!!! :salut:
please read the first post carefully

Title: 빅 / Big
Genre: Fantasy, Romance, Comedy
Episodes: 16
Broadcast network: KBS2
Broadcast period: 2012-June-04 to 2012-July-24
Air time: Monday & Tuesday 21:55

it hasn't premiered yet. this post is a placeholder for it.

User avatar
Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Posts: 7226
Joined: Jun 28th, '09, 18:16
Contact:

Post by Ethlenn » May 30th, '12, 06:24

Some idiots never read or learn.

Not sure since I can't stand LMJ acting, but Gong Yoo is too "big" of a temptation to resist. Will check the first episodes in JUNE for sure.
Image
Popularity? Since I know what it means to be forgotten, I won''t be shaken by it. KNG

User avatar
Orion1986
Posts: 3027
Joined: Dec 28th, '09, 20:50
Contact:

Post by Orion1986 » May 31st, '12, 10:46

Hongs are becoming increasingly annoying for me, but I'll give this a chance for Gong Yoo's sake. Plus, it looks very cute and I will trust his choices once more.
I just hope they dropped trying to be "serious" and that this will be a light fluffy series without "drama". What Hongs are only good for, as far as I'm concerned.

User avatar
Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Posts: 7226
Joined: Jun 28th, '09, 18:16
Contact:

Post by Ethlenn » Jun 2nd, '12, 20:08

Orion1986 wrote:Plus, it looks very cute and I will trust his choices once more.
I barely watched "Biscuit Teacher..." and "One Fine Day"... I like his legs, but sometimes his choices are less gorgeous than those.
Image
Popularity? Since I know what it means to be forgotten, I won''t be shaken by it. KNG

Silverman
Posts: 600
Joined: Mar 25th, '11, 22:10

Post by Silverman » Jun 2nd, '12, 21:03

What's with the Hong-Sisters and the remakes of older (american) movies or dramas (can't wait for a Switch-remake^^)?

Big-> Well...a remake of "Big" with Tom Hanks
The Greatest Love-> that one i don't know, perhaps one of their few originals or i don't know the original
My Girlfriend is a Nine-Tailed Fox-> It's almost a 1 to 1 copy of a 80s or early 90s chinese movie, except the female lead was a ghost
You're Beautiful-> with this one i'm not too sure. I think i watched a very similar anime a while ago, but here it can be coincidence
Hong Gil Dong-> well , that's obvious
Couple of Fantasy-> remake of Bird on a Wire with Goldie Hawn and Kurt Russel
My Girl -> well an average romcom. I don't know, if it's an original.
Delightful Girl Choon Hyang - I don't know, if it's an original.

User avatar
Issy
Posts: 2891
Joined: Apr 16th, '06, 14:10
Location: London

Post by Issy » Jun 2nd, '12, 23:11

Silverman wrote:What's with the Hong-Sisters and the remakes of older (american) movies or dramas (can't wait for a Switch-remake^^)?

Big-> Well...a remake of "Big" with Tom Hanks
The Greatest Love-> that one i don't know, perhaps one of their few originals or i don't know the original
My Girlfriend is a Nine-Tailed Fox-> It's almost a 1 to 1 copy of a 80s or early 90s chinese movie, except the female lead was a ghost
You're Beautiful-> with this one i'm not too sure. I think i watched a very similar anime a while ago, but here it can be coincidence
Hong Gil Dong-> well , that's obvious
Couple of Fantasy-> remake of Bird on a Wire with Goldie Hawn and Kurt Russel
My Girl -> well an average romcom. I don't know, if it's an original.
Delightful Girl Choon Hyang - I don't know, if it's an original.
:scratch: apart from Couple of Fantasy and Big you did not give other Original names so I am wondering if your argument is still valid or not. :whistling:
Image

Silverman
Posts: 600
Joined: Mar 25th, '11, 22:10

Post by Silverman » Jun 3rd, '12, 00:29

I have a good memory for plots, but not names^^.
The chinese movie was called something like "Beautiful Ghost" or something among these lines. True i can't say, that it's a remake of this film for sure, but it's too similar...and in the end of "My GF is a Gumiho", where the young director friend of the mainlead talks with the mainlead about the movie, then he also mentioned a ghost instead of a gumiho. But the ghost and similar plot can be coincidence, thats true(no irony intended).
Hong Gil Dong is obviously not an original
Couple of Trouble- was mentioned
Big-was mentioned
You're beautiful-here i said, there i wasn't sure, because it was a few years ago. But there was a boy, who "transformed" into a girl (there are plenty of such mangas and animes so i don't know, which one it was). And it was either a highschoolband. But then again, there are so many animes in this genre, so parallels can be a coincidence.

User avatar
The Chaos
Upload Addict
Upload Addict
Posts: 692
Joined: May 23rd, '09, 07:30

Post by The Chaos » Jun 3rd, '12, 00:47

Gong yoo in new drama ..nice :)
gonna check this one ^_^

toenail
Posts: 60
Joined: Dec 19th, '09, 00:24

Post by toenail » Jun 3rd, '12, 02:59

Silverman wrote:What's with the Hong-Sisters and the remakes of older (american) movies or dramas (can't wait for a Switch-remake^^)?
It's all in the execution, the way they translate the scenes into kdrama style, plus the often-forgotten contribution of the production, casting, and film crews. That's what keeping us all watching - including you!. Plots are beating dead horses, from Cinderella's stepmom to Shining Inheritance stepmom, yet we are still watching.
It's almost impossible to expect fresh plots with the history of human telling stories stretching back to paintings in caves. There are still fresh plots but rare, especially if the intended audience is common TV watchers. Hong sisters also have to cater to the swooning ahjummas' taste, which are quite standard for all ahjummas around the world, be it Korean ahjummas or American ahjummas.
If you want originals, better chance in arts - although it's not much different from popular entertainment. How many nude beauties can you paint in centuries, same old same old.

toenail
Posts: 60
Joined: Dec 19th, '09, 00:24

Post by toenail » Jun 3rd, '12, 03:05

Looking forward to this drama, although Gong Yoo disappointed me in Biscuit Teacher. I want to see how a teenager can pretend to be a doctor!

esmer86
Upload Addict
Upload Addict
Posts: 447
Joined: Mar 27th, '10, 15:10

Post by esmer86 » Jun 3rd, '12, 16:47

Issy wrote:
Silverman wrote:What's with the Hong-Sisters and the remakes of older (american) movies or dramas (can't wait for a Switch-remake^^)?

Big-> Well...a remake of "Big" with Tom Hanks
The Greatest Love-> that one i don't know, perhaps one of their few originals or i don't know the original
My Girlfriend is a Nine-Tailed Fox-> It's almost a 1 to 1 copy of a 80s or early 90s chinese movie, except the female lead was a ghost
You're Beautiful-> with this one i'm not too sure. I think i watched a very similar anime a while ago, but here it can be coincidence
Hong Gil Dong-> well , that's obvious
Couple of Fantasy-> remake of Bird on a Wire with Goldie Hawn and Kurt Russel
My Girl -> well an average romcom. I don't know, if it's an original.
Delightful Girl Choon Hyang - I don't know, if it's an original.
:scratch: apart from Couple of Fantasy and Big you did not give other Original names so I am wondering if your argument is still valid or not. :whistling:

I was thinking the exact thing...... :scratch:

I like watching a Hong Sisters drama. Even though most of the time it is cliche and situations are always replayed I like the cheesiness of it. I wanna see what double cliche/meanings they can come up this time. But I'm excited not because its a Hong project but of the hottie Gong Yoo :wub: Damn, that man can do anything to me and I MEAN ANYTHING to me and I wont complain. As soon as I read BIG and Gong Yoo, I knew It was a must! :mrgreen: I haven't seen "Biscuit Teacher" but I think I'm gonna pull a double time with the hottie since I've recently DL it and have not got a chance to see it until this week. Be still my heart :alcoholic:
Image :wub: :alcoholic: TW Drama: Whos the One

Silverman
Posts: 600
Joined: Mar 25th, '11, 22:10

Post by Silverman » Jun 3rd, '12, 17:12

I don't complain in a negative way about the Big-remake. I was just wondering. I will watch this one mainly because of Gong Yoo. He may be not the best looking guy, but he is charming (damn...that was sooooo gay).

User avatar
Myxale
Posts: 160
Joined: Jun 6th, '08, 17:27
Location: Germany

Post by Myxale » Jun 10th, '12, 07:54

Silverman wrote:I don't complain in a negative way about the Big-remake. I was just wondering. I will watch this one mainly because of Gong Yoo. He may be not the best looking guy, but he is charming (damn...that was sooooo gay).
As a Dude of age, I must say that Gong Yoon is one of the best looking men in K-Land.
He has a Presence, charms and a distinctive look.
Unlike the various Boy-chicks, that look all the same; like the girls I used to date.
Image

User avatar
Orion1986
Posts: 3027
Joined: Dec 28th, '09, 20:50
Contact:

Post by Orion1986 » Jun 10th, '12, 10:55

Myxale wrote:Unlike the various Boy-chicks, that look all the same; like the girls I used to date.
Ahahaha. Unfortunately, those attract kyaagirls so we won't stop seeing them anytime soon.

Silverman
Posts: 600
Joined: Mar 25th, '11, 22:10

Post by Silverman » Jun 10th, '12, 14:57

Yea they may attract the kyaa-girls, but even most of the kyaa girls don't want a serious relationship with these guys.

User avatar
Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Posts: 7226
Joined: Jun 28th, '09, 18:16
Contact:

Post by Ethlenn » Jun 10th, '12, 15:04

Silverman wrote:Yea they may attract the kyaa-girls, but even most of the kyaa girls don't want a serious relationship with these guys.
No, they want these guys to have the relationship between themselves. No kidding.
Image
Popularity? Since I know what it means to be forgotten, I won''t be shaken by it. KNG

Silverman
Posts: 600
Joined: Mar 25th, '11, 22:10

Post by Silverman » Jun 10th, '12, 15:16

Ethlenn wrote:
Silverman wrote:Yea they may attract the kyaa-girls, but even most of the kyaa girls don't want a serious relationship with these guys.
No, they want these guys to have the relationship between themselves. No kidding.
And here my theory on the female psyche. A lot of women are actually lesbian, but they don't want to admit it to themselves or to the part of their society, So they "live" this lesbian being though guys, who look like girls (and sometimes dress like girls) and say that they are not lesbian because these "guys" have a penis. But thats just my theory without hard facts. And no it's not wrong being lesbian(ok it's sad for us guys, because one less woman is viable^^).

User avatar
Jazzapple
Posts: 51
Joined: Jun 25th, '11, 12:09
Location: Europe

Post by Jazzapple » Jun 10th, '12, 15:37

Silverman wrote:
Ethlenn wrote:
Silverman wrote:Yea they may attract the kyaa-girls, but even most of the kyaa girls don't want a serious relationship with these guys.
No, they want these guys to have the relationship between themselves. No kidding.
And here my theory on the female psyche. A lot of women are actually lesbian, but they don't want to admit it to themselves or to the part of their society, So they "live" this lesbian being though guys, who look like girls (and sometimes dress like girls) and say that they are not lesbian because these "guys" have a penis. But thats just my theory without hard facts. And no it's not wrong being lesbian(ok it's sad for us guys, because one less woman is viable^^).
I agree with the lesbian part. 75% of my female friends have already kissed another girl or don't mind to try one day. It's pretty common between to best friends actually.
Ah, they just keep telling me interesting stuff on drunk evenings!

Most of my female friends don't get turned on by the idea of two guys making out or having sex, though. It's not that they see it as a bad or disgusting thing, they totally respect and tolerate the idea of two guys having a healthy relationship, but they won't ever watch gay porn because it turns them on.

I have to admit that many girls who watch Asian dramas or anime have that special interest in their idols having a homosexual relationship, though. Two thirds of my female friends (yes, I have a lot of them wtf) who watch anime or read manga, are also interested in yaoi. Some of them even watch hardcore yaoi (most of the time it even frightens me and I'm a gay guy wtf).
But I don't consider these girls as normal. They're fun to hang out with, but they're just a little bit crazy (just like me, but I'm another kind of crazy).
“I''''d be smiling and chatting away, and my mind would be floating around somewhere else, like a balloon with a broken string.”
― Haruki Murakami, The Wind-Up Bird Chronicle

Silverman
Posts: 600
Joined: Mar 25th, '11, 22:10

Post by Silverman » Jun 10th, '12, 15:47

Funny fact. Girls watch actually no less porn, than guys. At least i've never met a girl, who doesn't watch porn...and they know the names of the actors^^.

I guess, that the (lesbian)kyaa-girls wouldn't watch gayporn. Simply because it's too "manly".

User avatar
Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Posts: 7226
Joined: Jun 28th, '09, 18:16
Contact:

Post by Ethlenn » Jun 10th, '12, 16:16

To Jazzapple and Silverman: bless you. Kyaagirls usually write fanfics, mostly yaoi (no, 100% yaoi) but don't watch GTM, because real-life gay relationship disgusts them, and I don't mean to offend anyone, those are real-life quotes. This aspect of fangirls' psyche fascinates me, really.
So they like their guys to be anime-like etc. And agencies produce doll-faced guys to satisfy sick needs of such girls.
Jazzapple is right, those girls are not normal.
Image
Popularity? Since I know what it means to be forgotten, I won''t be shaken by it. KNG

User avatar
Orion1986
Posts: 3027
Joined: Dec 28th, '09, 20:50
Contact:

Post by Orion1986 » Jun 10th, '12, 22:03

I read a lot (and I mean a LOT) of yaoi a few years back. I was looking for a more mature love story and assumed some yaoi might have it (mature as a story, not sexually mature),
Well, after a lot of them, I realized it's mostly "gay" smut, where "gay" is an annoying shoujo bimbo girl with a dick. Veery few actually had a story worth reading. So, this makes things weirder.

Kyaagirls love yaoi, but in the yaoi they love, "gay" relationships are basically heterosexual ones where the "girl" has a penis. So, my question is, wtf attracts them? I never got excited by yaoi. Well, I did get "excited" in the sense that I had some good laughs with utterly ridiculous ones. XD

Kyaagirls are not normal. They're not lesbians, but want guys looking like women or want to see them act as women. Because frankly, kyaagirls don't understand the concept of gay. Only of yaoi-gay. Maybe they want to see the stars they like in a sexual way, but don't like the idea of women near em.

Also, we have raped this thread royally. Ahaha. This conversation might just be more interesting than the actual series though. :P

User avatar
Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Posts: 7226
Joined: Jun 28th, '09, 18:16
Contact:

Post by Ethlenn » Jun 10th, '12, 22:48

It's a speciality of lovely fellas on D-A to twist every damn thread into some other way. We've done it everywhere. :mrgreen:

As for kyaagirls, we wrote tones about this group. You know, the worst of this breed is still in fandoms... be afraid, be very, very afraid.
Image
Popularity? Since I know what it means to be forgotten, I won''t be shaken by it. KNG

User avatar
Jazzapple
Posts: 51
Joined: Jun 25th, '11, 12:09
Location: Europe

Post by Jazzapple » Jun 17th, '12, 18:23

Well, I really dislike Suzy's acting, but I got to admit that she's hilarious as overly attached girlfriend. Had some good laughs because of her. (':
“I''''d be smiling and chatting away, and my mind would be floating around somewhere else, like a balloon with a broken string.”
― Haruki Murakami, The Wind-Up Bird Chronicle

anisahx
Posts: 18
Joined: Apr 8th, '11, 19:59
Location: London

a bit confused

Post by anisahx » Jun 17th, '12, 23:08

okay so if kyung joon and da ran do fall for each other whilst he is still in yoon jaes body,
that's okay, but what about yoon jar in kyung joins body? how will he live life

on the other hand, again if they fall for each other but kyung joon and yoon jae return to their original body, how will that work out? as far as everyone else knows she's still in love with yoon jae

I love the drama so far
but I don't understand how any of it can work ( ̄^ ̄)ゞ

User avatar
chesed
Posts: 22
Joined: Jun 3rd, '04, 02:13
Location: California
Contact:

Post by chesed » Jun 19th, '12, 06:21

I'm enjoying this drama a lot. I find myself cracking up all the time. Light, fun, sometimes a little emotion peeks through. Good stuff. But mostly some great laughs.
okay so if kyung joon and da ran do fall for each other whilst he is still in yoon jaes body,
that's okay, but what about yoon jar in kyung joins body? how will he live life

on the other hand, again if they fall for each other but kyung joon and yoon jae return to their original body, how will that work out? as far as everyone else knows she's still in love with yoon jae

I love the drama so far
but I don't understand how any of it can work ( ̄^ ̄)ゞ
The only way I can see it working out is by kyung joon and yoon jae learning to love Ma Ri and Da Ran respectively in each other's body. When they return to the bodies, it works out. But I think it would be far more interesting to see other developments that are taboo. I doubt it'd happen tho. I just finished watching Love Rain and all this trouble and tension built up and at the end they completely dismissed everything and all was okay for no reason. Not that Love Rain has anything to do with this drama, but I'm still feeling a bit let down. Nevertheless, I'm enjoying the ride for sure. =)

User avatar
Proudlikeagod
Posts: 18
Joined: Jan 25th, '09, 17:58
Location: USA

Post by Proudlikeagod » Jun 21st, '12, 04:53

What is the song that plays whenever something awesome happens? I've been looking for the ost but couldn't find the name of that particular song.
I'm actually really enjoying this drama, i really find da ran and yoon jae's relationship hilarious. I cant wait for the next episode

User avatar
Tyrea
Posts: 47
Joined: Aug 2nd, '07, 23:25

Post by Tyrea » Jun 24th, '12, 17:48

been meaning to post this for days. OT but related to the OT and the korean fandom :) from here
Indeed, throughout history, male sopranos, whether in sacred music, opera or pop, have been prized as much for an ideal of angelic purity as for romantic heroism. The voice does not, as some might have it, appeal chiefly to gay men: much of pre-19th-century opera — or for that matter, Shakespearean comedy — is based on the understanding that what drives a woman wild is a boy who may or may not be a girl.
so...apparently things haven't changed much, and these girls aren't all that weird. just to point out so that i'm not misunderstood, i like my men to be men, and i HATE the current effeminate korean male haircut fashion. "old school" haircuts (till hmm 2008 or 2009?) were the best, because they were actually manly (for me at least).

it's ironic that the most effeminate looking men and trends are found in some patriarchal societies. i like to think that it's divine punishment and please don't burst my irrational bubble by being sensible or pointing to the next article i'm linking XD just let me gloat :P

a different but related article click

i'm not watching this drama till it's finished so i can't contribute to the topic in a constructive way, sorry ^^;

User avatar
Viande
Posts: 876
Joined: Jul 15th, '10, 07:48
Contact:

Post by Viande » Jul 12th, '12, 08:16

I actually have to admit I don't like Gong Yoo's looks at all. Sure, he's charming and I like his acting but I don't find his face attractive. He looks neutral to me.

But back to what I was going to write. Is anyone still following this? After some struggle I ended up following the episodes as soon as they were subbed and I'm really anxious about the ending. I'm afraid it won't be what I want, but since it's Hong sister's drama there is still hope for a happy ending. I really hope the real Kang Kyung Joon and Gil Da Ran get together. At ep 12:
The conversation between Gil Da Ran and his father suggested she will choose Kang Kyung Joon eventually. She even asked abut the teacher vacancy far away, which might imply her preparing for Kang Kyung Joon's return and their escape to where people don't know them. The question is, will Kang Kyung Joon live or return to his own body...

User avatar
Viande
Posts: 876
Joined: Jul 15th, '10, 07:48
Contact:

Post by Viande » Jul 18th, '12, 07:33

I know I'm just talking to myself but...

I should have guessed they will add some pointless reason to have last minute melodrama. I can't express well enough how much I hate these out of blue reasons for melo ending. It just makes my blood boil. Why can't we have normal "boring" ending instead of totally random reason to start angst. :cussing:
At ep 13:
The reason for this angst is when Ma Ri tells Gil Da Ran to give up on Kang Kyung Joon and after just two blinks she decides to listen THAT ENVIOUS YOUNG GIRL. I mean, come on, just a moment ago Da Ran decided to love Kang Kyung Joon and after a shock she decides to listen teenage girl and do as she asks. I don't see how suddenly knowing Kang Kyung Joon and Yoon Jae have the same father and that Yoon Jae is sick is relevant enough to make her to break up with Kyung Joon. I'm sorry but the logic here smells like copy-paste here's-your-melo logic.
I think I will skip next two episodes and just watch the ending. I've seen enough of these pointless last minute melo/angst to care watch them.

Peggy
Posts: 1659
Joined: Mar 18th, '04, 04:18
Location: USA

Post by Peggy » Jul 19th, '12, 02:19

I have been reading several of the above posts. I really wanted to make answers. However, I decided that I must be from another century and I could not make any post that would be politically correct or even accepted.

the only remark I can make is that Korean society must be so strange that all the present day drama writers must be straining at the leash to be as weird in their writings as possible. I don't know why. It does not make them better writers does it. Or maybe it does. :scratch:

User avatar
noshadow31
Posts: 138
Joined: Nov 9th, '04, 09:01
Contact:

Post by noshadow31 » Jul 19th, '12, 06:26

@viande, I share your sentiment. Even though I watch this just for Gong Yoo, I'll surely appreciate it if the writers don't write random things in just for angst.

It was bad enough in the beginning where KyungJoon suddenly has a personality change from a cold and snobbish kid into a warm and lovable kid. and now with Daran -_-;
In case you are wondering, the person in my avatar is Lee Taemin from SHINee. :wub:

Silverman
Posts: 600
Joined: Mar 25th, '11, 22:10

Post by Silverman » Jul 19th, '12, 10:07

Peggy wrote:I have been reading several of the above posts. I really wanted to make answers. However, I decided that I must be from another century and I could not make any post that would be politically correct or even accepted.
Why? It's your opinion. And you have a right to express it. Well, at least as long as you don't write something like "the n***r should go back to the cotton plantation"

Peggy
Posts: 1659
Joined: Mar 18th, '04, 04:18
Location: USA

Post by Peggy » Jul 19th, '12, 19:23

Silverman,
I cannot even imgine using words that are so offensive to hurt and outrage other people. In any case that is not what i was referring to. I still think I was lucky to be born in my century... 8)

Just because I have a 'right' to express my opinion, it does not mean that I have to do it.

Silverman
Posts: 600
Joined: Mar 25th, '11, 22:10

Post by Silverman » Jul 19th, '12, 21:35

No i didn't mean t in that way. I don't want to imply you were born in the 19th century or that you are racist^^. I just wanted to say, that except some racist comments, you can write what you want...well if you want it and you don't have to care, if someone thinks, that your opinion is outdated, conservative, religious, childish or whatever.
And yes you are right. You have the right to have an opinion, you don't have to have one. BUt you said you had opinions and wanted to write them down, but in the end didn't do it.
I have been reading several of the above posts. I really wanted to make answers. However, I decided that I must be from another century and I could not make any post that would be politically correct or even accepted.

There you wrote it^^. So my comment is not without foundation.

Peggy
Posts: 1659
Joined: Mar 18th, '04, 04:18
Location: USA

Post by Peggy » Jul 20th, '12, 01:59

It's really OK. You do not have to explain yourself at all.

spiriticon
Posts: 3
Joined: Jul 25th, '12, 22:14
Location: UK

Post by spiriticon » Jul 25th, '12, 22:22

The ending for this show is incomprehensible beyond words. I feel like a complete idiot atm and I don't know if the scriptwriting was terrible or I've missed a lot of subtleties.

Is there meant to be more episodes after 16??

Peggy
Posts: 1659
Joined: Mar 18th, '04, 04:18
Location: USA

Post by Peggy » Jul 26th, '12, 07:17

:-) Spiriticon,

thank you so much for the nice way you asked your question. You have obviously finished this drama, but I am still in the middle or so it would seem. Therefore I would have been sad to hear what the end was. You are one of the few people to protect those of us still watching. Many thanks. :salut:

kenshihimura
Posts: 34
Joined: Feb 26th, '12, 14:40
Location: Malaysia

Post by kenshihimura » Jul 26th, '12, 08:55

What the hell?Just finished watching the last episode.
Although I am glad that it's a happy ending but they didnt even bother to explain what happened to Yoon Jae
It would be better if they made another episode explaining everything but oh well,complains wont get things better :) At least I enjoyed this kdrama :)

spiriticon
Posts: 3
Joined: Jul 25th, '12, 22:14
Location: UK

Post by spiriticon » Jul 26th, '12, 11:59

Peggy wrote::-) Spiriticon,

thank you so much for the nice way you asked your question. You have obviously finished this drama, but I am still in the middle or so it would seem. Therefore I would have been sad to hear what the end was. You are one of the few people to protect those of us still watching. Many thanks. :salut:
haha no probs :) I don't like to spoil too much if I can. I enjoyed the drama very much for the most part of 15 eipsodes, but the last episode left me very confused and wanting more. I've been around the internet and have read some theories on what might have happened and now I'm a bit happier, although I still feel let down.

Hope you're enjoying it.

Silverman
Posts: 600
Joined: Mar 25th, '11, 22:10

Post by Silverman » Jul 30th, '12, 13:30

I finished the last episodes of this drama. And actually i liked it...well except for the ending. Not because it's a happy end or how it turned out in the end, but because it was too straight forward and it ignores almost all the things, which were established in this drama. But first things first.

spiriticon wrote:The ending for this show is incomprehensible beyond words. I feel like a complete idiot atm and I don't know if the scriptwriting was terrible or I've missed a lot of subtleties.

Is there meant to be more episodes after 16??
Well the ending itself was actually pretty simple and straight forward and it all clear what has happened. If it was a somewhat bad skripted ending, this has everybody decide for themselves.

kenshihimura wrote:What the hell?Just finished watching the last episode.
Although I am glad that it's a happy ending but they didnt even bother to explain what happened to Yoon Jae
It would be better if they made another episode explaining everything but oh well,complains wont get things better :) At least I enjoyed this kdrama :)
It was actually all explained.
-he wanted to "save" his twinbrother and switched the bodies, so this brother can mature and perhaps endure the pain of truth behind his birth (if this is a good reason is an another topic). Yoon jae himself, was the whole time in KKJ's body and was guarding the KKJ, how he was at the moment of the accident, so basically he froze the time.
-meanwhile a part of KKJ was in YJs body and matured
-after they switched their bodies back, KKJ lost his memory about what happened.
- after YJ woke up, he searched for Da Ran, but she told him, that she came to love someone else much more, than she ever loved him. This happened off-screen, but this is what Da Ran predicted would happen after YJ wakes up. So i guess it happened like that.
-meanwhile Da Ran waited for KKJ to return and to grab him.
-KKJ returns. He still loves Da Ran, because 1. he had a crush on her prior the accident and 2. at one point in the drama Da Ran's brother says, that love is not in the memories and the head, but they are in the heart and that even if the memories disappear, the love stays in the heart (i just go with the drama lore here...so i won't judge this logic). Well and not just that, KKJ is still mature, like he was before he lost his memories. If not, then the whole bodyswitch-story doesn't make sense, since becoming mature was the whole point of the bodyswitch.

What i think is a little bit off, is, that they didn't resolve the "world around the couple". While yes, they fall in love again, there are points which are a little bit off:
While KKJ loves Da Ran again or still, she was his new brothers wife...at least in the eyes of the whole world and...well also in his eyes. Although the last point is not important, since the memories could have returned at the moment they met again, but this isn't necessarily true. So what could happen here?

sunflower63
Posts: 186
Joined: Jan 28th, '12, 11:25
Location: Italy

Post by sunflower63 » Aug 24th, '12, 07:18

Hi all, I am not sure what this discussion thread is really about as I found myself reading stuff that had nothing to do with it so I skipped many postings. However for what concerns this drama I can say that I agree with the fact that the story is not particularly appealing or believable, however Gong Yoo's acting capabilities were really outstanding and made the whole watching totally worthwhile. I have to watch the last three episodes and I am not expecting good things from the reviews that I have read but I am glad I chose to watch this and I also loved, loved Biscuit Teacher and higly recommend it again for Gong Yoo's superb acting.

__Doc_
Posts: 5
Joined: Oct 20th, '09, 03:38

Post by __Doc_ » Sep 9th, '12, 03:25

Can someone explain to me what the hell happened in the last EP

I got so mad at that ' 1 YEAR LATER 1 crap and then they do it again.


View spoiler to read my assmaddery

OK, so. wth?
KKJ is still inside Yoon Jae's body? What happened to KKJ's body and is Yoon Jae still stuck inside him in germany somewhere????

Im assuming KKJ lied to Ma Ri so that he could be with Gil Da Ran

I understand it may be better that KKJ is inside Yoon Jae so KKJ and Gil Da Ran don't look weird together, but I need closure people..

They skipped around so much and the last EPs were nothing but repeating the same **** and crying.

I'm so mad

User avatar
punchpan
Posts: 24
Joined: Feb 3rd, '06, 00:34
Location: Germany

Post by punchpan » Sep 27th, '12, 19:19

Oooh I loved the Drama so very much.. and the actors did great.
But I hate not to know why KKJ was still in Young Jae's Body, too.
/sad
atm: Lee Soon Shin Is The Best - Skip Beat! - A Thousand Kisses - The King 2 Hearts

User avatar
iluvasiandrama
Posts: 679
Joined: May 23rd, '09, 00:06
Location: USA

Post by iluvasiandrama » Oct 8th, '12, 02:12

I just started the second episode. So far its a good drama but I love anything with Gong Yoo!
Now watching: Need to find some new dramas

User avatar
iluvasiandrama
Posts: 679
Joined: May 23rd, '09, 00:06
Location: USA

Post by iluvasiandrama » Oct 21st, '12, 19:01

I managed to finish this drama but I had to skip through some of the draggy parts. IMO it lacked chemistry and the crying scenes looked so forced. The rivalry ended too soon and it was not enough arguing and fighting between the two females. Not enough drama and tension. The break-ups were not dramatic and no real separation.

Poor Gong Yoo had to suffer through this ... I guess it was just okay for a light-hearted pre-teen type of drama. oh well its my first drama for the year so I will try another one.
Now watching: Need to find some new dramas

sarahrose46
Posts: 1
Joined: Oct 22nd, '12, 02:15
Location: New York
Contact:

Post by sarahrose46 » Oct 22nd, '12, 02:24

half way through so good!

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest