How About J-Actresses/Actors you DON'T like??

Discuss about your favourite Japanese Actors and Actresses
miznagase

Post by miznagase » Nov 2nd, '08, 06:12

it's not just you, lavenderskye, kame is not cute.
you should see him before all the plastic surgery he's done :scratch:
anways, i notice that many of you are hating on erika sawajiri.
well, i don't know anything about her, never heard of her, and never watched her dramas.
i guess that's a good thing... :thumright:

piislove94

Post by piislove94 » Nov 2nd, '08, 06:58

Why do people hate Kamenashi? Kame is a fine actor. Not as bad as Jin. He's kawaii in One pound Gospel. And why do you think he has had plastic surgery? Rumors?

People who hate Ekira should at least try her finest drama so far that is 1LOT. All bad rumors and dislike aside, I think it's a good drama. Heart-wrenching and tear-jecking. Her performance is very good. I cried a bucket lol.

miepie

Post by miepie » Nov 2nd, '08, 07:01

Well, first of all I would like to tell my impression about acting in Japan in general.
I'm living here for only three months, but there are some things that you just cannot come around to notice even in one day, I think.
These things are that japanese are truely shy, overly protective of their image and always trying very hard to seem all good and friendly and innocent. Not all, of course, but most.
And since I noticed that I kinda came to understand that maybe this lifestyle, as some might call it, transfers to their appearance on TV, as well.
To ustify the inability of some actors to pull off a realistic complex characters I can only say that maybe they simply don't know it better than that.
On the other hand, with all what's coming from western countries (and also what is partly developing here), it's hard to ignore that life is not just about being all nice and friendly and smiling when you actually want to slap someone else's face.
But I guess that is simply the wildly accepted image here...
I can't really say I like Suzuki Anne (correct?) but I think that she at least has a feeling for her roles. A role in a movie or Drama gives you the chance to break out of whatever borders your society makes (this is supposed to be a rough definition) and I think Anne is gasping that.
As for her looks: I don't think she's beautiful, but she has a nice face, looks very natural (not plain, but like she's looking like she really is).

I agree with most of you that Akanishi can't act. At all. He can say some lines, get angry, look bored but when it comes to giving a role depth he really ... sucks...
He is however a very good singer. I like his voice (though I think he kinda exxagerates with his dancing sometimes) and someone said already, and I think so, too, he should stick to that career path.
Masami... and also Maki... guess they fit into what I explained earlier: trying to fit in whatever the society expects...
Erika: though she might be a diva or whatever... She does have talent. But I can't say that her talent balances out whatever misbehavior she shows... Sadly...

That was a lot. Basically I was kinda bored cause I gotta go to work soon and I'm absolutely not in the mood haha
Guess there might be some mistakes, too...

dokodemodoa

Post by dokodemodoa » Nov 2nd, '08, 15:16

oh, I forgot about erika :D
I've read some rumors about her, but since she publicly (or unapparently) admit that she's a diva in bad terms I'm fine with that.
Her acting wasn't that bad, at least she's succeeded in making me cries :mrgreen:

Masami appear more lately and we've got the chance to see her acting so sweetly in dorama, SP or variety shows, and got the chance to hate her even more.
I think she's going the same phase with kyoko fukada
At first both sexes adore her and her style, but as time goes by it's getting annoying and boring.
Once again I give credit to Akanishi-san for making me realize that Japanese actors can somtimes be as lame as Taiwanese actors. Period.
:lol :lol

Actually I usually stops watching dorama that has him in it on first episode or so. I've just notice this behaviour of mine after yukan club, that's when I start noticing this guy.
Too bad, he's quite cute

The JE boys must really thank their agency for finding them those nice scripts.
(-____-"

joshamax

Post by joshamax » Nov 2nd, '08, 17:15

miznagase wrote:it's not just you, lavenderskye, kame is not cute.
you should see him before all the plastic surgery he's done :scratch:
:
LOL.... i totally agree with you. Kame's face is one of those unnatural-too-much-make-up i've seen in JE. Can't get over his fake eyebrows~ He did welll in his Nobuta character...probably because he was acting who he really is in real life? a person who wants to be on everybody's good side perhaps~?
But then again, it's my opinion...others might differ... no harm intended.

Rabu

Post by Rabu » Nov 2nd, '08, 17:19

I like Erika Sawajiri to be honest ^^
But I do not like the the younger JE (exept MatsuJun and Toma)
Espacially

- BAKAnishi: Yes, he IS handsome and yes, he IS sexy...
but I don't like his image:
he always goes to the USA and leaves his boy group (that's what I think)
besides he is like a male paris hilton: always seen in the biggest parties by his side his beloved U-kun (Shirota Yu) His acting is bad and boring... but this is already said, ne? °___^

- Ryo Nishikido: conceited and alsways acting like a model... I cant stand this >__<

And there's:

Suzuki Emi: she looks so fake >__> I hate this, but this is my opinion ^^

Natsu-pi

Post by Natsu-pi » Nov 2nd, '08, 17:31

Wow alot of diffrent oppinions here xD
Some of the oppinions i think like ehhhh how can u hate them?!
Like yamapi toma-kun matsujun NANDE x3
Anyway there is somebody that kinda irritates me to Kashii Yu !
I dunno why but she irritates me just looking to her, if the drama wasn't just rlly good
i wouldn't watch it just becuase she is in it,, she acted in yukan club eto my boss my hero and some other drama's and NOW again she is acting in the new drama that i just must
see innocent love i got so pissed when i found out she is gonna act in this drama to xD

This is Kashiii Yu

nofsummer

Post by nofsummer » Nov 2nd, '08, 17:46

joshamax wrote:
miznagase wrote:it's not just you, lavenderskye, kame is not cute.
:
Yes Kame is not cute, He is gorgeous... LOL
Well, Its a matter of preference basically, I do like NwP, and people kept saying he was good there because he played himself? pfft... maybe... maybe not, who knows, seriously? Personally, I just can't resist anyone who strives so hard to excel, nothing is wrong with trying hard to be good and loved, I believe it's in everyone's blood, Kame just does it better and harder than most people, at least better than me. Ambitious people appeal to me immensely~

Itoh Masaki, as far as her acting is concern, but as a person... i have nothing against her.

Rabu

Post by Rabu » Nov 2nd, '08, 19:04

Wow alot of diffrent oppinions here xD
Some of the oppinions i think like ehhhh how can u hate them?!
Like yamapi toma-kun matsujun NANDE x3
I dunno why but she irritates me just looking to her, if the drama wasn't just rlly good
i wouldn't watch it just becuase she is in it,, she acted in yukan club eto my boss my hero and some other drama's and NOW again she is acting in the new drama that i just must
see innocent love i got so pissed when i found out she is gonna act in this drama to xD

This is Kashiii Yu
I didn't say that I hate toma and jun! <D
There awsome :D

But I have to agree I don't like Kashii Yu either ^^" But not as much as Jin XDDDD

dokodemodoa

Post by dokodemodoa » Nov 2nd, '08, 23:12

bmwracer wrote: How he managed to win an acting award for his performance in that drama has got to be one of the great mysteries of the world......
along with all the *popularity* awards on japanese dramas :unsure:

miznagase

Post by miznagase » Nov 2nd, '08, 23:28

some people are hating on ikuta toma??? :O
shame...he's one of the JE boys who actually has acting skills.

miznagase

Post by miznagase » Nov 2nd, '08, 23:31

piislove94 wrote:Why do people hate Kamenashi? Kame is a fine actor. Not as bad as Jin. He's kawaii in One pound Gospel. And why do you think he has had plastic surgery? Rumors?
i don't think kame is a bad actor either. akanishi is LOL
anyways, i assume that you haven't seen kame when he was young.
he looks totally different than how he looks now.
he definitely got a nose job to say the least.
do some research before you say that they are just rumors :wink:

piislove94

Post by piislove94 » Nov 3rd, '08, 00:09

dokodemodoa wrote:
bmwracer wrote: How he managed to win an acting award for his performance in that drama has got to be one of the great mysteries of the world......
along with all the *popularity* awards on japanese dramas :unsure:
This should be applied to Akanishi Jin's case too. Luckily Pi didn't win Best Actor this year (it went deservingly to Ohno - brilliant act in Maou) or else he would be laughing stock for this whole world. Ask 10 ppl on the street if they think Akanishi-san deserves any award for his acting, the answers will be: No, def not and who the hell is that guy?

I laughed a lot when I heard he is going to star in a new movie. Gosh, when I post this news in his own forum in my country I was like smacked in the face by Jinfans' reaction. They are so cool. They say: A new movie. Oh we don't care. We will never expect anything from his drama or movie anymore. We'll be waiting for his songs though. And one of them even questioned: What on earth was going through the mind of the director when he chose Jin for his movie? Amazing. I'm so proud of my fellows because they are very conscious about Jin's ability. They are drooling over him yet still realize that he's a bad actor. When I told them what I did in Akanishi's thread here people agreed with me 100%. But here I got scolded and even my Yamapi got dragged into it, just because they wanted to protect Jin. So unfair and uncool.
And Jin's lypsyncing all the times. Eww. I don't know if his fans recognize this. Too shameful for a true singer
Actually I usually stops watching dorama that has him in it on first episode or so. I've just notice this behaviour of mine after yukan club, that's when I start noticing this guy.
Too bad, he's quite cute

The JE boys must really thank their agency for finding them those nice scripts.
(-____-"
Yes you're right. He looks good and I wish Toma had his charm. Toma sure can act. Look at him in Hana kimi, Honey and Clover and recently Maou. This man has great potential and if he keeps pursuing acting career I believe he will be successful in the future. I love Toma so much and
while Jin's fans keep whining that he's ill treated by JE Jomishu, please take a look at Toma. He's even not allowed to be debuted
I realize a trend in here: Most of the hated actors or actresses are very popular out there. Akanishi, Nishikido and so on, they have a lot of fans. My moderator sempais say that the fans and anti-fans of a superstar are equal. I think it's true. Kimura has a lot of haters out there who are willing to pull him down whenever they have chance. Why? Perharps we all have a green-eyed monster inside us? And it makes us blind that we can't see anything good in those celebs.
Yeah. Her acting is so monotoned. She keeps that iron face in every of her drama. I'm currently watching My boss my hero. The drama is very good but she gets me fed up with her expressionless face. I just wanna tell her: I already know you're as cold as ice. It's time to thaw out a bit girl for the sake of your career.
Last edited by piislove94 on Nov 3rd, '08, 00:22, edited 1 time in total.

piislove94

Post by piislove94 » Nov 3rd, '08, 00:16

miznagase wrote:
piislove94 wrote:Why do people hate Kamenashi? Kame is a fine actor. Not as bad as Jin. He's kawaii in One pound Gospel. And why do you think he has had plastic surgery? Rumors?
You got me wrong here. I didn't mean that you guys are spreading rumours about Kame but I never heard of it b4 and I never cared enough about Kame so I was really surprised. However, ppl's faces grow different to when they were younger so don't say they had nosejob or anything-job before you have proof. Period.

miznagase

Post by miznagase » Nov 3rd, '08, 00:42

piislove94 wrote:
miznagase wrote:
You got me wrong here. I didn't mean that you guys are spreading rumours about Kame but I never heard of it b4 and I never cared enough about Kame so I was really surprised. However, ppl's faces grow different to when they were younger so don't say they had nosejob or anything-job before you have proof. Period.
i agree with you that people's faces change as they get older, but a broad nose will never just suddenly become a skinny, pointy nose.
that's all i gotta say :D

piislove94

Post by piislove94 » Nov 3rd, '08, 00:52

Too bad. I like Kamenashi as an actor. But I feel weird when seeing him performing on stage. I mean he looks really eccentric. Somehow he makes me dislike him when overdo his sexy dance moves.

bmwracer

Post by bmwracer » Nov 3rd, '08, 04:02

piislove94 wrote:I realize a trend in here: Most of the hated actors or actresses are very popular out there. Akanishi, Nishikido and so on, they have a lot of fans. My moderator sempais say that the fans and anti-fans of a superstar are equal. I think it's true. Kimura has a lot of haters out there who are willing to pull him down whenever they have chance. Why? Perharps we all have a green-eyed monster inside us? And it makes us blind that we can't see anything good in those celebs.
You can also blame the fans, too: they treat their faves like gods who can do no wrong, and that brings about a lot of resentment...

Natsu-pi

Post by Natsu-pi » Nov 3rd, '08, 17:24

piislove94 wrote:Yeah. Her acting is so monotoned. She keeps that iron face in every of her drama. I'm currently watching My boss my hero. The drama is very good but she gets me fed up with her expressionless face. I just wanna tell her: I already know you're as cold as ice. It's time to thaw out a bit girl for the sake of your career.
Dekame xD
Iron face lmao she is always very boring ne and her face expression never changes x3

ryoko11

Post by ryoko11 » Nov 3rd, '08, 17:53

piislove94 wrote:
I realize a trend in here: Most of the hated actors or actresses are very popular out there. Akanishi, Nishikido and so on, they have a lot of fans. My moderator sempais say that the fans and anti-fans of a superstar are equal. I think it's true. Kimura has a lot of haters out there who are willing to pull him down whenever they have chance. Why? Perharps we all have a green-eyed monster inside us? And it makes us blind that we can't see anything good in those celebs.
I have trouble believing that it's just jealousy for Akanashi or even Masami to be listed here so frequently. Masami Nagasawa has a 9 page thread, while Ueno Juri has 109 pages and hasn't been listed here even once. It is possible to be popular and generally liked.

I also don't understand why you're using Kimura as an example. I'm sure he has his detractors, as all actors do, but the only two posts to mention him by name here used him in a positive context. I used him for an example of an actor who picks good scripts and knows how to keep his career bankable, and another poster noted his charisma. I'd hardly say people were pulling him down at every chance on this thread.

I think there is also the simple matter of exposure to be included in the equation. A popular actor will by matter of course have more and larger roles. So who are you going to notice? The guy who played three lead roles badly, or the background guy who irritated you for maybe 30 minutes out of the entire drama.

XrayZ

Post by XrayZ » Nov 3rd, '08, 18:15

I'm another one who'd joining the "sick of Horikita Maki" club. She was awesome in Hana Kimi (also the only thing where she looked cute, for some reason... and no I'm not gay... mostly), but everything else I've seen her in she's totally limp. And she looks funny too.

Speaking of funny looking, how about Matsuoka Mitsuru, who played the dad in Yamada Taro Monogatari? That dude's a mutant. With funny teeth. And teenager hair on a 40-something. I can't even remember if his acting sucked or not because his face distracted me from every scene he appeared in.

PS, does everyone out there have a completely different definition of the word "diva" to me? I always read that word as meaning roughly "popular and/or important female vocalist with notable technical skills"... I wouldn't know how any of the gals taking flak would stand up to that definition, cause most J-pop is ulta-bland (like most pop - I prefer real music, lol!).

PPS, F*ck y'all haters, Nagasawa Masami is a goddess! Though I will probably never listen to her music...

groink

Post by groink » Nov 3rd, '08, 18:17

ryoko11 wrote:I have trouble believing that it's just jealousy for Akanashi or even Masami to be listed here so frequently. Masami Nagasawa has a 9 page thread, while Ueno Juri has 109 pages and hasn't been listed here even once. It is possible to be popular and generally liked.

I also don't understand why you're using Kimura as an example. I'm sure he has his detractors, as all actors do, but the only two posts to mention him by name here used him in a positive context. I used him for an example of an actor who picks good scripts and knows how to keep his career bankable, and another poster noted his charisma. I'd hardly say people were pulling him down at every chance on this thread.
Few things to point out here....

Ueno Juri - Subtract bmwracer's posts in that topic, and her topic may actually be less than 9 pages.

Scripts - There isn't one - I repeat - NOT ONE geinojin who picks his own scripts. The talent agency operates very much like a temp agency for employment. A TV or movie producer needs tarento for his project. He calls Mr. Talent Agency and gives him the qualifications the "position" requires, such as the gender, dancing, one who can cry easily, one who looks like a manga character, can do cartwheels and back flips, can smoke a cigarette, has swimming skills, can play the piano, is of a certain build (fat, skinny, tall, short, etc.) I don't know of any geinojin who is directly approached by a producer or casting personnel. I honestly believe that if a producer approached someone like Kimutaku for a job, that producer would be blacklisted in the geinokai, and he'd end up having to plant rice in Hokkaido for the rest of his life. So, for someone to say that an artist picks lousy scripts, or is given lousy scripts - it should not be held against the artist. The talent agency tells the artist what projects to take. There may be some freelancers in the geinokai, but I guarantee you he/she is not even in the top 500 of wanted artists.

In all, the faults of an artist is usually directed at the talent agency. If the artist lacks acting ability, then the fault falls in the hands of the talent agency. It is the agency's responsibility to develop the artist's skills needed to fulfill a role. Or, the talent agency mistakenly evaluated and picked the artist for the role. It is like me telling a temp agency that I'm qualified to manage a computer company because I scored 500,000 points playing Donkey Kong. Johnny's Jimusho is NOT - I must repeat NOT an agency that teaches acting. Their focus is solely on dancing, singing and keeping their tarento looking like manga characters. If you want your Johnny's to be decent actors, you tell Mr. Kitagawa or whoever is running that dump of an agency to place its focus on acting. But, like I said in an earlier post, the main focus in the geinokai is marketing and less the acting (i.e. you don't need acting talent to do CMs or cut CDs.)

Totally kapakahe if you ask me...

--- groink

Lifo

Post by Lifo » Nov 3rd, '08, 19:54

Ueno Juri - Subtract bmwracer's posts in that topic, and her topic may actually be less than 9 pages.
LAWL.

bmwracer

Post by bmwracer » Nov 3rd, '08, 20:03

groink wrote:Ueno Juri - Subtract bmwracer's posts in that topic, and her topic may actually be less than 9 pages.
Hmph.

I was thinking more like 10 or 11 pages. :P :lol

miznagase

Post by miznagase » Nov 3rd, '08, 22:52

groink wrote:Ueno Juri - Subtract bmwracer's posts in that topic, and her topic may actually be less than 9 pages.
:lol bmwracer is THE ueno juri fan.
but i must say that it's not just him who's posting in her thread.
many other people, including myself, worship her.
she's just generally liked and appreciated for her acting skills.
she's not like masami or maki who's trying to act and look "cute" all the time.
she's herself no matter what, and that's why she has many more fans than those two.

dokodemodoa

Post by dokodemodoa » Nov 3rd, '08, 23:00

XrayZ wrote:
PS, does everyone out there have a completely different definition of the word "diva" to me? I always read that word as meaning roughly "popular and/or important female vocalist with notable technical skills"... I wouldn't know how any of the gals taking flak would stand up to that definition, cause most J-pop is ulta-bland (like most pop - I prefer real music, lol!).
I do
That's why I simply recognize masami as a typical newbie. Not at all a diva
But I guess the bad terms suits her

An actor/actress equally loved and hated?
I couldn't imagine anyone could hate... err...
Aoi Miyazaki?
*simply being random*

bmwracer

Post by bmwracer » Nov 4th, '08, 00:47

miznagase wrote:
:lol bmwracer is THE ueno juri fan.
but i must say that it's not just him who's posting in her thread.
many other people, including myself, worship her.
she's just generally liked and appreciated for her acting skills.
she's not like masami or maki who's trying to act and look "cute" all the time.
she's herself no matter what, and that's why she has many more fans than those two.
Yeah, that's pretty much spot on... She seems real and honest.

Though, since she's such a good actress, she could have us all fooled. :mrgreen: :lol

wariowarez

Post by wariowarez » Nov 4th, '08, 03:24

*Kashii Yuu-- CAN'T stand her. looks and lack of expression...lack of acting. ugh. i actively avoid her too. one more thing...20 is seriously too young to marry, girl. but whatever, it's her face i can't stand. i saw caps and pics of her in my boss my hero and yuukan club, and i told myself that i would try my best to watch something without kashii yuu in it.

*Nagasawa Masami--overrated, and serious lack of acting skills. i can't stand her fake smile either...like the forced/fake smile she has on like every other scene in Last friends.

Kuroki Meisa--as mentioned before, very very fake smile...bleh.

Nakama Yukie--i think she's quite pretty but i think i got the gokusen dizziness or something...i couldn't stand her in gokusen, so whenever i see her, i see the annoying role of yankumi but she's okay as an actress.

Kurokawa Tomoka--i can't stand how she actively tries to widen her eyes in some drama i saw her in.....to make her eyes look bigger? to look cuter? UGH. must avoid.

as for responses...
Horikita Maki--i couldn't stand her role in Kurosagi...she bugged the hell outta me but with Nobuta, sanchome no yuuhi, and Hanakimi, she managed to persuade me that she has potential. she was really good in hanakimi and with that, she actually became one of my favourite actresses (complete opposite of what i thought when i first watched kurosagi)

Suzuki Anne--if you think her eyes are too big or whatever...don't forget, she's 1/4 white, so it's not strange. i think disliking her for her body is kinda being too superficial...she may not have the greatest body around but her acting skills are the real thing. and isn't it nice, once in a while, to see an actress with normal proportions? not all women have model-like bodies...but most of the actresses we see have really nice figures, and our standards all kinda get raised by them.
XrayZ wrote: Speaking of funny looking, how about Matsuoka Mitsuru, who played the dad in Yamada Taro Monogatari? That dude's a mutant. With funny teeth. And teenager hair on a 40-something. I can't even remember if his acting sucked or not because his face distracted me from every scene he appeared in.
OMG!!! he ruined everything for me. i had to focus on other's people faces when he came on...otherwise my stomach might just betray me xD

kozumifan

Post by kozumifan » Nov 4th, '08, 04:15

actually, Horikita's role in Hana Kimi pissed me off. i really didnt like the acting and the storyline, it completely killed the manga. I dont know what's with the 400+ pages on that thread (they get so angry if someone writes how they didnt like it). but i have to admit that yamamoto was very cute lol.

wariowarez

Post by wariowarez » Nov 5th, '08, 00:26

kozumifan wrote:actually, Horikita's role in Hana Kimi pissed me off. i really didnt like the acting and the storyline, it completely killed the manga. I dont know what's with the 400+ pages on that thread (they get so angry if someone writes how they didnt like it). but i have to admit that yamamoto was very cute lol.
it DID completely kill the manga T_T i loved the manga but they ruined it....i guess the only good thing was horiktia maki actually looked lke what i had imagined mizuki to look like (unlike the Taiwanese one.....i'm not even gonna go there).

eomot

Post by eomot » Nov 5th, '08, 00:37

Before i watched Nodame and Last Friends I really didn't like Eita .... Not because of his looks or something but because I didn't like his acting (in hindsight I think it were his roles that I didn't like ..)

Hating or disliking actors because of how their lips are shaped or if they're thin and stuff is really a stupid reason I think ...

hanapyupyu

Post by hanapyupyu » Nov 5th, '08, 09:06

ryoko11 wrote: I have trouble believing that it's just jealousy for Akanashi or even Masami to be listed here so frequently. Masami Nagasawa has a 9 page thread, while Ueno Juri has 109 pages and hasn't been listed here even once. It is possible to be popular and generally liked.
I agree, it's possible to be popular and generally liked. But I wouldn't use the number of pages a star has on d-addicts as an accurate measure of general popularity. Female stars who are really popular in Japan like Nakama Yukie, Ryoko Shinohara, Shibasaki Kou and Takeuchi Yuko do not have many pages here at D-addicts. I reckon it's the idol stars who have hoards of teenage fans that post actively online and *fangirl*(read: drool and gush over their hotness) that'll have the most active threads here. :mrgreen:

So you'll see that the JE boys have the most active threads, along with idols like Horikita Maki, Aya Ueto (Jdorama site) etc. Ueno Juri has a small but very vocal group of passionate online supporters. She's in the unique position of being a serious actress with an idol-like following. :thumleft:

As far as actors I DON"T like, well I don't give a crap for any of the JE boys "acting" except for Takuya Kimura, Tomoya Nagase and (occasionally) Matsujun. I can tolerate sometimes Nino and Yamapi, when Pi's not trying so freakin hard to appear kakoii.. Yamapi does best when he's being purely silly (ie. Nobuta wo Produce). Kame, Jin, Nishikado and the rest of the JE boys annoy the heck out of me. I always have the urge to slap the smirk off Nishikado's face when he's on variety shows. He seems to think that he is all that.

I also do not like Erika Sawajiri. She's got a bitchy vibe about her - and I found that even before hearing all the hoopla about her bad attitude towards the media. Many people use '1 litre of Tears' as proof that Sawajiri can act. Yes, she's a decent actress when she tries. But I wasn't that impressed with her or I litre of Tears as a whole. The thing that kept distracting me was the disconnect between Sawajiri and her part as a sweet girl-next-door stricken with a fatal illness. Sawajiri looks too sharp to play an innocent girl-next-door. She scowls and gives a hard look in scenes where she's supposed to look kind or naive...it's a one second look, but I pick it up nonetheless. Also her eyebrows are too carefully shaped and groomed for an innocent 15 year old girl. It tells me that this girl is totally self-aware and knows the worldly ways instead of being a simple young girl who is well-liked by her classmates.

That said, I wouldn't mind seeing more of Erika Sawajiri....in roles which suit her more. Like a manipulative young woman who seduces man in some crime drama or something. Eh, enough with the sickly helpless tragic heroines.

Aragaki Yui....I thought she was kinda cute in My Boss My Hero, but her cutesiness is bordering on turning me off now. She seems to be shaping to be Masami Nagasawa #2.

Who's that actress in Zettai Kareshi? ....ah, her name escapes me now. But I find her acting a bit forced and she's not that cute. Didn't like her either in Gambatte Ikkimasshoii, but I did like Suzuki Anne. I've always liked Suzuki Anne. In Gambatte Ikkimasshoii, she was chubby, had shorter hair and a pimply face and I found her so adorable. She gives off this wholesome, down-to-earth cuteness that seems genuine. So what if she doesn't have the body of a model? It's refreshing to see regular people onscreen. Suzuki Anne was what kept me watching Stand Up! and she was good in Returner too.

noinimod

Post by noinimod » Nov 5th, '08, 09:45

The Zettai Kareshi actress would be Aibu Saki. Its a shame that particular role couldn't show her ability cos she is a fine actress. She was really good in Utahime, plus the show's great too, check it out if you've got the time.

Kathstandsalone

Post by Kathstandsalone » Nov 6th, '08, 08:12

Guess I'm not the only one who doesn't like Nagasawa Masami. First saw her in Proposal Daisakusen. Don't find her acting any good in that drama.

And another one is Kuroki Meisa.

kokitty

Post by kokitty » Nov 6th, '08, 09:39

Upon reading this thread, it's just dawned upon me that i might have tastes which greatly differs from the folks around.

The most frequently mentioned names around here, Nagasawa Masami, Aragaki Yui and yes Aibu Saki... I like them a lot. Least they don't irriate me much, in fact seeing their name on a certain drama or movie would motivate me to at least give it a try LOL.

On the otherhand, Horikita Maki (okay fine, she's mentioned frequently here) irritates me so much that when i'm forced to watch her works, i'll just fastforward all her parts (and yes, i'm darn proud of myself for being able to watch Innocent Love in 7mins flat each week). Don't think she's a bad actress, but unfortunately there's just something in her that turns me off.

Next on my turn off list will come as a shock to many.... Ueno Juri. I think her acting should be fine since she did okay in Nodame Cantabile which is the only and last thing i will ever watch of her. Had an encounter with her at a resturant last year, to put it simply she wasn't exactly in her best behaviour then. A friend who was with me then, works for Dentsu Inc, makes recommendations about celeb endorsers to her clients on a regular basis made a comment that struck me vividly " If you see a celeb who is popular, belongs to a strong jimusho which should have no problem getting her CM contracts but has very much lesser CM contracts in comparison to her less illustrous peers. You know that there is something wrong with her." Anyway with Ueno Juri, it boils down to a personal bias which might not have occured without my personal encounter but since it did happen, she's turned me off ever since.

Other notable female turn-offs include Mizuki Arisa, Uchiyama Rina. Karina, Noriko Sakai (used to like her but can't stand her after that horrible performance in Mukodono 2003).

I used to be unable to list any male celebs that has turned me off but unfortunately this hasn't been the case over the last 2 years. Yamamoto Yusuke is a turn off (think it's got to do with the overly pouty lips), Matsujun and Kamenashi (i actually like them when they are in their respective Johnny's groups dancing and singing or in bangumis but when they bring their " I'm so sexy and cool" style of walking into their various characters of their dramas.... it irriates the hell out of me. )

bmwracer

Post by bmwracer » Nov 6th, '08, 14:42

kokitty wrote:Next on my turn off list will come as a shock to many.... Ueno Juri. I think her acting should be fine since she did okay in Nodame Cantabile which is the only and last thing i will ever watch of her. Had an encounter with her at a resturant last year, to put it simply she wasn't exactly in her best behaviour then. A friend who was with me then, works for Dentsu Inc, makes recommendations about celeb endorsers to her clients on a regular basis made a comment that struck me vividly " If you see a celeb who is popular, belongs to a strong jimusho which should have no problem getting her CM contracts but has very much lesser CM contracts in comparison to her less illustrous peers. You know that there is something wrong with her." Anyway with Ueno Juri, it boils down to a personal bias which might not have occured without my personal encounter but since it did happen, she's turned me off ever since.
Wow.

Uh, what was her behavior that was so offensive?

So, based on your friend's comment that because Juri-chan doesn't have a bunch of CM contracts, that there's something wrong with her.....?

Based on that reasoning, people with lots of CM contracts are normal, likable people... :scratch: :scratch: :scratch:

flamethunder85

Post by flamethunder85 » Nov 6th, '08, 16:16

bmwracer wrote:
kokitty wrote:Next on my turn off list will come as a shock to many.... Ueno Juri. I think her acting should be fine since she did okay in Nodame Cantabile which is the only and last thing i will ever watch of her. Had an encounter with her at a resturant last year, to put it simply she wasn't exactly in her best behaviour then. A friend who was with me then, works for Dentsu Inc, makes recommendations about celeb endorsers to her clients on a regular basis made a comment that struck me vividly " If you see a celeb who is popular, belongs to a strong jimusho which should have no problem getting her CM contracts but has very much lesser CM contracts in comparison to her less illustrous peers. You know that there is something wrong with her." Anyway with Ueno Juri, it boils down to a personal bias which might not have occured without my personal encounter but since it did happen, she's turned me off ever since.
Wow.

Uh, what was her behavior that was so offensive?
So, based on your friend's comment that because Juri-chan doesn't have a bunch of CM contracts, that there's something wrong with her.....?
Based on that reasoning, people with lots of CM contracts are normal, likable people... :scratch: :scratch: :scratch:
I definitely dun agree with "popular=less CM= something wrong" stuff...If what you mean "wrong" here is her personality, then I guess I have to point out my opinion...Juri is definitely not a typical actress or woman.....Tomboyish, laugh out loud...She is not the kind that follows the director's orders 100%...She will share her own thought or even fight for it whenever she feels sth wrong with the roles....This attitude of her which sometimes gives an impression of "hard to be pleased".....That's y people who dun really know her will get the wrong image of her....However, I would really like to know her behavior at that time?! :lol

miznagase

Post by miznagase » Nov 6th, '08, 16:40

omg, i don't know where you heard that less CM contracts = problems with the jimusho in the contract process.
for example, ichiro suzuki, mariners baseball player, is really really popular in japan.
he gets many CM contracts but only picks one out of all of them to actually be in.
that doesn't mean that he's not popular and has problems with the jimusho.
was juri rude to you or something when you encountered her at the restaurant?
cuz if she wasn't, then it's a pretty dumb reason to not like her :roll

groink

Post by groink » Nov 6th, '08, 16:51

miznagase wrote:omg, i don't know where you heard that less CM contracts = problems with the jimusho in the contract process.
for example, ichiro suzuki, mariners baseball player, is really really popular in japan.
he gets many CM contracts but only picks one out of all of them to actually be in.
Really, really bad example. Unlike Juri, Ichiro is not a member of the geinokai. He is also an intellectual property of Major League Baseball and the Seattle Mariners. Those companies and his agent (remember his agent is a sports agent and not an entertainment agent like Michelle Wie's) really has a say in which products Ichiro can endorse, just like any other American athlete. Ichiro may have more of a say in his career (unlike the members of the geinokai), but still he has those bodies I mentioned that he must pledge elegance to.

--- groink

miznagase

Post by miznagase » Nov 6th, '08, 16:54

groink wrote:
miznagase wrote:omg, i don't know where you heard that less CM contracts = problems with the jimusho in the contract process.
Really, really bad example. Unlike Juri, Ichiro is not a member of the geinokai. He is also an intellectual property of Major League Baseball and the Seattle Mariners. Those companies and his agent (remember his agent is a sports agent and not an entertainment agent like Michelle Wie's) really has a say in which products Ichiro can endorse, just like any other American athlete. Ichiro may have more of a say in his career (unlike the members of the geinokai), but still he has those bodies I mentioned that he must pledge elegance to.

--- groink
yeah, it might be a bad example, but i'm just saying that less CM contracts don't mean that the celeb is unpopular or has problems getting the contracts for personal reasons with the jimusho.
that's just not the case.

groink

Post by groink » Nov 6th, '08, 18:49

miznagase wrote:yeah, it might be a bad example, but i'm just saying that less CM contracts don't mean that the celeb is unpopular or has problems getting the contracts for personal reasons with the jimusho.
I really do concur with kokitty. CMs are definitely a measurement of popularity. In short, talent agencies develop their artists into live marketing billboards. Acting is secondary. Seriously. Product and service endorsements is so, so, sooooooo much more important in Japanese commerce than it is in the West - or anywhere else in the world for that matter. Popular artists play a vital role in marketing; a popular artist's endorsement of a product is so very important to the manufacturing company. This is probably why things such as the war of Masami vs Erika pop up. The artists fight for the coveted "Queen of CMs", which were previously held by the likes of Matsuura Aya, Ueto Aya, among others.

In short, corporations have more money to spend than entertainment companies. An artist can make much more money via CMs than TV dramas and movies. Talent agencies want the money, and they probably put more energy into getting CM gigs for their artists. And there's huge revenues to be made if the right artist endorses the product. That's why the corporations can pour so much money into advertising. On the other hand, entertainment companies are basically funded by advertising. It is really the corporation who feed the geinokai.

That's why, once again kokitty is correct in that an artist's CM appearances can be a legitimate measurement of an artist's popularity. But more importantly, CMs also measure the artist's marketability. In the geinokai, marketability feeds popularity. If you're not marketable, you probably won't be that popular. Why is a given artist not marketable? There are many reasons for it. For one, the artist does not demonstrate the common elements people look for, such as being up-to-date on fashion, girl-next-door persona, visual appearance, and so on.

--- groink

miznagase

Post by miznagase » Nov 6th, '08, 20:08

groink wrote:
miznagase wrote:yeah, it might be a bad example, but i'm just saying that less CM contracts don't mean that the celeb is unpopular or has problems getting the contracts for personal reasons with the jimusho.
I really do concur with kokitty. CMs are definitely a measurement of popularity. In short, talent agencies develop their artists into live marketing billboards. Acting is secondary. Seriously. Product and service endorsements is so, so, sooooooo much more important in Japanese commerce than it is in the West - or anywhere else in the world for that matter. Popular artists play a vital role in marketing; a popular artist's endorsement of a product is so very important to the manufacturing company. This is probably why things such as the war of Masami vs Erika pop up. The artists fight for the coveted "Queen of CMs", which were previously held by the likes of Matsuura Aya, Ueto Aya, among others.

In short, corporations have more money to spend than entertainment companies. An artist can make much more money via CMs than TV dramas and movies. Talent agencies want the money, and they probably put more energy into getting CM gigs for their artists. And there's huge revenues to be made if the right artist endorses the product. That's why the corporations can pour so much money into advertising. On the other hand, entertainment companies are basically funded by advertising. It is really the corporation who feed the geinokai.

That's why, once again kokitty is correct in that an artist's CM appearances can be a legitimate measurement of an artist's popularity. But more importantly, CMs also measure the artist's marketability. In the geinokai, marketability feeds popularity. If you're not marketable, you probably won't be that popular. Why is a given artist not marketable? There are many reasons for it. For one, the artist does not demonstrate the common elements people look for, such as being up-to-date on fashion, girl-next-door persona, visual appearance, and so on.

--- groink
yeah, sure, if you're in many CMs, then that means you're popular.
i agree with that.
but the thing that kokitty said that i disagree with is that the reason why a celeb doesn't have many CMs is because they're in conflict with the jimusho.
and that's one of her reasons why she doesn't like ueno juri.
and plus, how would anyone know that??? :scratch:

bmwracer

Post by bmwracer » Nov 6th, '08, 20:11

groink wrote:I really do concur with kokitty. CMs are definitely a measurement of popularity.
That's probably true...

But it's not a measure of likability: "Gee, I don't see Ueno Juri in very many CMs... I guess I don't like her...."

Odd reasoning. :scratch:

miznagase

Post by miznagase » Nov 6th, '08, 20:36

bmwracer wrote:
groink wrote:I really do concur with kokitty. CMs are definitely a measurement of popularity.
That's probably true...

But it's not a measure of likability: "Gee, I don't see Ueno Juri in very many CMs... I guess I don't like her...."

Odd reasoning. :scratch:
HAHA yeah, and juri was voted #1 for favorite actress amongst females :D

bmwracer

Post by bmwracer » Nov 6th, '08, 21:00

Eeek, we've gone off topic long enough, I suppose. :sweat:

Gomen.

SSpiegel

Post by SSpiegel » Nov 6th, '08, 21:57

I think bmwracer said something about people treating their idols like gods who can do no wrong, but when someone's criticising his/her "god", well... :scratch:

kokitty didn't say she doesn't like Ueno Juri because she doesn't appear in CMs. She had a bad encounter with her and her friend made a comment refering to this (that Ueno Juri might be a difficult personality and thus might not get so many CM contracts).

I mean, people have their own reasons for not liking certain actors or dramas or whatever, and people should be prepared to see their favorites bashed. I've seen pretty much every one of my favorite actors and dramas and bands being hated, but you know, that's life. It's no use attacking people who don't like the same things as you.
Anyway, the actors/actresses we love and adore might be real a**holes in real life, cause what do we know, without really knowing them personally.

hanapyupyu

Post by hanapyupyu » Nov 6th, '08, 23:56

kokitty wrote: Next on my turn off list will come as a shock to many.... Ueno Juri. I think her acting should be fine since she did okay in Nodame Cantabile which is the only and last thing i will ever watch of her. Had an encounter with her at a resturant last year, to put it simply she wasn't exactly in her best behaviour then. A friend who was with me then, works for Dentsu Inc, makes recommendations about celeb endorsers to her clients on a regular basis made a comment that struck me vividly " If you see a celeb who is popular, belongs to a strong jimusho which should have no problem getting her CM contracts but has very much lesser CM contracts in comparison to her less illustrous peers. You know that there is something wrong with her." Anyway with Ueno Juri, it boils down to a personal bias which might not have occured without my personal encounter but since it did happen, she's turned me off ever since.

Other notable female turn-offs include Mizuki Arisa, Uchiyama Rina. Karina, Noriko Sakai (used to like her but can't stand her after that horrible performance in Mukodono 2003).
I hope this isn't seen as attacking your right to dislike Juri, or as being over-defensive of her, but since you put out a pretty strong reason for not liking her due to a personal encounter, I'd just like to put in my thoughts on this issue..

I don't expect Juri to be a saint. One reason I like Juri is that she doesn't put up a fake image or pretend to be who she's not. I like Juri for her talent and professionalism as an actress. As long as Juri acts well and does her public events/commitments professionally, that is enough for me. I don't care to know what she does in her private time, she can let down her hair and be herself and smoke marijuana for all I care. Unless Juri does something really bad like take hard drugs or has an affair with a married man (or does a Britney Spears, lol), I'll reserve my judgement on her character since I've never met her personally. And no one is perfect. I'd rather give juri the benefit of the doubt that you met her at the wrong time (if she was abrasive or unfriendly or loud...whatever). She's only human and has good and bad days, like you and me. But if she goes on stage and throws a diva tantrum, then I'd call her on it too..lol.

Btw, you and I do have different tastes. I love Ueno Juri and like Karina, and they both turn you off. Oh well. What can we do. :-)
groink wrote: That's why, once again kokitty is correct in that an artist's CM appearances can be a legitimate measurement of an artist's popularity. But more importantly, CMs also measure the artist's marketability. In the geinokai, marketability feeds popularity. If you're not marketable, you probably won't be that popular. Why is a given artist not marketable? There are many reasons for it. For one, the artist does not demonstrate the common elements people look for, such as being up-to-date on fashion, girl-next-door persona, visual appearance, and so on.

--- groink

True, there is a correlation between a celebrities image/public persona and their number of CMs, but I disagree with kokitty's claim that actresses with 'good personalites' have the most endorsements - imo, it's mainly a business decision. Actresses are chosen according to their marketbility and suitability for particular CMs. The actresses who have the most commercial appeal will get the most endorsements. eg. idols like Nakama Yukie and Aya Ueto. Ad agencies choose them because they've got the type of look, image and whatnot that suits the ad campaign, as you've said. Unless they commit a glaring public booboo, like what Erika Sawajiri did, advertisers will not blacklist a star out of the blue. To say that Juri must have a bad personality because she has fewer CMs than other popular stars is stretching it a bit far, I think. It's obvious to any unbias observer that while Juri is a fine actress, her image is not as trendy, cutesy, sexy or glamorous as some others. She's not the kawaii exotic (mixed gaijin) demure pretty girl that Japan loves. So it comes as no surprise to me that Juri is not the 'IT' girl - advertisers darling, unlike Masami and Erika (before her fiasco). And that's fine. I understand the need for japanese stars to take on CMs to earn a living, but it's sad when viewers care more about an actor's commercial value than the quality of their works. Nakama Yukie and Aya Ueto deserve the titles of CM Queens and more power to them, but I'd rather Ueno Juri be known as a movie/drama queen. :thumright:

bmwracer

Post by bmwracer » Nov 7th, '08, 00:27

SSpiegel wrote:I think bmwracer said something about people treating their idols like gods who can do no wrong, but when someone's criticising his/her "god", well... :scratch:
I wasn't being a hypocrite: I never said Juri-chan could do no wrong or that she was a "god."... I just wanted some clarification from kokitty... There wasn't any flaming or hate whatsoever.

miznagase

Post by miznagase » Nov 7th, '08, 00:52

i totally agree with hanapyupyu :thumright:
no one is perfect.
us fans already know that juri is not a perfect little angel that other actresses try to act like (maki and masami :roll )
she gets in conflicts with people she works with quite often.
she's not afraid to voice her own opinions and go against directors and producers.
she's really passionate about her craft.
and maybe juri's not in many CMs because she's not an attention whore and try to be sexy and cute.
she wears baggy clothes and her hair is almost always messed up (sorry juri fans, i must admit) :P
but she's herself, and that's what juri fans love about her :D

silencio

Post by silencio » Nov 7th, '08, 01:07

very, very interesting thread.

as for me, I'm indifferent to Maki (i don't dislike her, but i don't like her)

just my opinion, she tries too hard...

misuzana

Post by misuzana » Nov 9th, '08, 01:21

Nishikido Ryo‏ well for him is a nono :x is just not cutting it.
Nagasawa Masami ‏i wouldn't say that i don't like her but in some role i just wanted to let her have it :cussing:

elukazina

Post by elukazina » Nov 10th, '08, 07:29

hmm i would say. Jin Akanishi would prolly be one of the worst
but as for horikita maki, I love her acting skills in Tokyo Shonen, her problem just seems to be is she lacks personality when it comes to some of her characters.

septemberlover

Post by septemberlover » Nov 10th, '08, 20:12

I was browsing through the thread and couldn't help myself to agree with people who think that Nagasawa Masami, Horikita Maki, Yamapi, Jin Akanishi, Kamenashi Kazuya, are over-rated. Watched most of their dramas before, I found Masami did a good job in DragonZakura (she catched my eyes for being refreshing in that drama), Maki in Kurosagi (the movie), Yamapi in Stand Up!. But subsequently the rest of the doramas that they acted in Masami in Last Friends, Proposal Daikakusen, Maki in HanaKimi, Yamapi in Kurosagi, Proposal, Dragon Zakura (come to think about it, I only like his acting in Stand Up!). I don't dislike them, but just think that they are overly (wayyy overly) over-rated for their acting. They simply can't act. Masami failed to bring anything to Last Friends while Eita and Ueno Juri acted brilliantly and sort of became the only focus on the show. Maki was trying hard to be cute and ended being totally fake in HanaKimi. For Jin and Kame, I'm very sorry but I still yet to find them engaging in any of the dramas. Jin kinda ruined my whole imagination of Yukan CLub ( I am a big fan of the Yukan Club Manga and He clearly was not meant to be Miroku Sochikubai, he sort of made me stopped watching when I knew he was Miroku, that's right, in the very first episode), Kame acted pretty wierd in Sappuri (the chemistry between him and the leading lady was so cold, it froze the whole movie). Both of them failed miserably in bringing Gokusen 2 to the same level of Gokusen 1.

Probably they are still young and will be wiser in choosing their characthers in the next projects to capture drama lovers attention once again as when they first started out. BUt please if possible, be wiser quicker.

Jun-pon

Post by Jun-pon » Nov 12th, '08, 11:45

I don't like Nagasawa Masami at all her roles. I like Horikita Maki just in Nobuta wo produce.
Also I don't think that Akanishi Jin's acting is good.

Endroine

Post by Endroine » Nov 12th, '08, 13:00

Wooooo who i dont like xD

Actors:

Abe Tsuyoshi. I cant stand his face o.O I first saw him in absolute boyfriend and then i was like, EEEEEEEEEEEEW NOOOOOOO MYYYYY EYEEEEEEEEES or something (Really xD) In hyd, i was glad he was not the main person (Jun <3) cuz hyd is my favo.
Hayami Mokomichi. see above (- that hyd part) In gokusen i also didnt like him.. he is too tall ¬¬
And first i didnt like:
Ryo Nishikida. because well in last friends ¬¬ he hits his girlfriend XD How can you accept a role like that XD and ive read somwhere that he bullys ueda or something idk :( And he isnt that sexy or something. But since ryuusei no kizuna i do like him mwuhahah. he is funny there xD
Koike Teppei. i kind of didnt like him in gokusen (I dont know why) but in doragon zakura OMG and in ep 7 of doragon zakura OOOOOOOOOOMMMMMMMMMGGGGGGGG he is SO sexy xD and i <3 his starry nails in dz xD and his clothing style, and he is also funny mwuhaha xD xD i so luv him now XD

Actresses:
I dont like:
Yamada Yu. Because when i watch a drama she suddenly appears and im like wtf i know her. and next drama she again next, she again. ive watched like 10 dramas with her in it and not on purpouse. thats REALLY annoying (Akihabara@Deep, sore wa totsuzen arashi no you ni, Binbo Danshi, Gokusen, Kabachitare, kindaichi shonen no jikenbo, Orange Days, Xmas nante daikirai, Tsubasa no oreta tenshitachi .) ¬¬
Nagasawa Masami. No comment. just dont like her.
Horikita Maki. Kind of the same thing as yamada yu only in Hana kimi she didnt look like a boy at aaaaaaaaaaaall it ruined the whole serie i HOW CAN THEY NOT SEE ITS A GIRL its so obvious dammit. No it didnt ruine the whole serie cuz i <3 Aura guy XD and hiro :O and shun... and toma and daito shunsuke xD

And i dont know if i like or dont like: Aibu Saki, Ueno Juri (In LF she was cool but in real life she is tottaly the opposite :S)

bmwracer

Post by bmwracer » Nov 12th, '08, 14:32

Endroine wrote:Ueno Juri (In LF she was cool but in real life she is tottaly the opposite :S)
Uh, how do you know that? :scratch:

Yoshimi[FIN]

Post by Yoshimi[FIN] » Nov 12th, '08, 16:05

Hayami Mokomichi... I did like him in Gokusen 2, but that's about it. ): In Zettai Kareshi he was ok...
And Horikita Maki... She's pretty, but I don't think she's that great actor. :/
I am surprised that so many said Anne Suzuki x.x Sure, I don't think she's all that good looking, but I think she's good at acting :] And I think she fit in her role in Stand Up! Well, I am not one of her fans or anything still.
Takaki Yuya... I love Hey! Say! 7 and JUMP, but... his acting in Gokusen 3...
-shakes head-
Seriously not good at all... I think he should drop acting right away... xP
And I also don't think that Hideaki Takizawa is that great.
Also, I absolutely love Ryo Nishkido, but his acting isn't all that great... T__T
Johnny's boys really are often overrated...

Endroine

Post by Endroine » Nov 12th, '08, 16:21

bmwracer wrote:
Endroine wrote:Ueno Juri (In LF she was cool but in real life she is tottaly the opposite :S)
i dont know, sorry, but in last friends she is like, boyish and i saw pictures and there she is obvious a girl..

bmwracer

Post by bmwracer » Nov 12th, '08, 19:02

Endroine wrote:
bmwracer wrote:
i dont know, sorry, but in last friends she is like, boyish and i saw pictures and there she is obvious a girl..
Well, yeah, she IS a girl. :mrgreen:

groink

Post by groink » Nov 12th, '08, 19:47

Endroine wrote:Horikita Maki. Kind of the same thing as yamada yu only in Hana kimi she didnt look like a boy at aaaaaaaaaaaall it ruined the whole serie i HOW CAN THEY NOT SEE ITS A GIRL its so obvious dammit. No it didnt ruine the whole serie cuz i <3 Aura guy XD and hiro :O and shun... and toma and daito shunsuke xD
They probably thought her character was just another Johnny look-a-like. I mean, it is a FACT that some Japanese guys look like females.

--- groink

sarah117

Post by sarah117 » Nov 12th, '08, 20:07

Endroine wrote:
bmwracer wrote:
:offtopic: yes, she IS really a girl, yet can act brilliantly as a tomboy. she's the REAL actress. :lol

i wanna add someone. Yamada Ryosuke . saw only one drama staring him, Detective Academy Q, but don't really like his acting..

Yoshimi[FIN]

Post by Yoshimi[FIN] » Nov 12th, '08, 20:12

Ooh, Yamada wasn't good in the Tantei Gakuen Q special. But I liked him in the serious :3 There he was very good acting as Ryuu! Since I had seen the anime first, I thought that he fit the role well ^^ But I do also think that in the special he wasn't that good...

miznagase

Post by miznagase » Nov 13th, '08, 00:14

Endroine wrote:
bmwracer wrote:
do you seriously not know that juri is a female??? :scratch:
and what do you mean, in real life she's totally the opposite? she's not cool in real life?
how would you know??? :glare:

bmwracer

Post by bmwracer » Nov 13th, '08, 00:53

sarah117 wrote:i wanna add someone. Yamada Ryosuke . saw only one drama staring him, Detective Academy Q, but don't really like his acting..

groink was right: I thought this guy was a girl. :lol

silencio

Post by silencio » Nov 13th, '08, 01:35

hahaha i thought she was a girl!

miznagase

Post by miznagase » Nov 13th, '08, 03:43

bmwracer wrote:
sarah117 wrote:i wanna add someone. Yamada Ryosuke . saw only one drama staring him, Detective Academy Q, but don't really like his acting..

groink was right: I thought this guy was a girl. :lol
LOL that's exactly what i thought when i saw that pic! :lol
he looks like horikita maki :P

SSpiegel

Post by SSpiegel » Nov 13th, '08, 04:09

bmwracer wrote:
SSpiegel wrote:I think bmwracer said something about people treating their idols like gods who can do no wrong, but when someone's criticising his/her "god", well... :scratch:
I wasn't being a hypocrite: I never said Juri-chan could do no wrong or that she was a "god."... I just wanted some clarification from kokitty... There wasn't any flaming or hate whatsoever.
I know you didn't say that, it was just me implying that dispite your criticism towards other fans, you don't sound like you're any different.

I mean, there's nothing wrong with being fanatic about your idol(s) and it's fine to believe they are perfect (I know I like to believe that the people I love and adore are nice people in person, too). But what I've gathered is that because Ueno Juri is a real actress (a better idol, you could say), you are somehow better fans than the rest of us. I can appreciate talent when I see it, but I'm not afraid to admit that I fangirl over hot guys just for their looks, too.
Everytime someone criticises Ueno Juri, you're all over the case (and you're not the only one). I'm sure it's because you don't find the reasons given valid enough, but I've seen worse reasons in this thread and you've said nothing about them. You even came to gloat when people were bashing Masami.
If someone doesn't like her because she was rude in a restaurant or that she was cooler as a tomboy than as a girly girl, well, that should be fine. If you want to criticise their reasons, that's fine too, since we all should be entitled to our opinions. But don't act like you aren't defending her. Cause that's what fans do. All of us.

(I totally sound like a b*tch even to my own ears, but I'm just saying that people who can't take criticism towards their idols shouldn't be here criticising other people's idols. and I don't hate Ueno Juri, I think she's a fine actress)

ETA (to say something about the actual subject)
Many people have mentioned Nishikido Ryo. I haven't seen him in anything else but Last Friends and now in Ryusei no Kizuna, so I don't know how he usually is. He managed to freak me out in LF, so I guess he did something right. And I'm totally loving him in RnK. I'm not sure if it makes him any good, but the role suits him. (haha, RnK is making me love everyone I didn't even like before)
Last edited by SSpiegel on Nov 13th, '08, 06:01, edited 1 time in total.

bmwracer

Post by bmwracer » Nov 13th, '08, 04:48

SSpiegel wrote:
bmwracer wrote:
I know you didn't say that, it was just me implying that dispite your criticism towards other fans, you don't sound like you're any different.

I mean, there's nothing wrong with being fanatic about your idol(s) and it's fine to believe they are perfect (I know I like to believe that the people I love and adore are nice people in person, too). But what I've gathered is that because Ueno Juri is a real actress (a better idol, you could say), you are somehow better fans than the rest of us. I can appreciate talent when I see it, but I'm not afraid to admit that I fangirl over hot guys just for their looks, too.
Everytime someone criticises Ueno Juri, you're all over the case (and you're not the only one). I'm sure it's because you don't find the reasons given valid enough, but I've seen worse reasons in this thread and you've said nothing about them. You even came to gloat when people were bashing Masami.
If someone doesn't like her because she was rude in a restaurant or that she was cooler as a tomboy than as a girly girl, well, that should be fine. If you want to criticise their reasons, that's fine too, since we all should be entitled to our opinions. But don't act like you aren't defending her. Cause that's what fans do. All of us.

(I totally sound like a b*tch even to my own ears, but I'm just saying that people who can't take criticism towards their idols shouldn't be here criticising other people's idols. and I don't hate Ueno Juri, I think she's a fine actress)
You're right... I'll refrain from responding to any criticism of Juri-chan here.

Endroine

Post by Endroine » Nov 13th, '08, 08:45

miznagase wrote:
Endroine wrote:
bmwracer wrote: Uh, how do you know that? :scratch:
do you seriously not know that juri is a female??? :scratch:
and what do you mean, in real life she's totally the opposite? she's not cool in real life?
how would you know??? :glare:
I didnt say i didnt know that :glare: i just meant that she is not so girlish in last friends and in real life she is. do not make a big commotion about this im not insulting anyone or whatever :glare:

rossie8785

Post by rossie8785 » Nov 14th, '08, 03:21

Wow... I started this thread and it now turns more interesting.. I haven't checked for this sites for a while. But now I can say that the winner will be Masami for the actress and Jin for the actor (correct or not? too many actors mentioned here I can't exactly remember).

As for me, well, I don't really dislike Masami and I don't really like her either. But yeah, I should admit that she was annoying in Last Friend. No improvement from the Yoshida Rei roles.

Akanishi -- well i agreed that he should concentrate on singing only.

Kame -- I like him as an actor (my first impression is Yuuki). Because he quite touched my heart that time. But lately I've been lurking for some Kat Tun's video and I think Kame shoud stop singing :D As for me he's good.

Erika Sawajiri, well, she is really touching at 1LOT, but as for Taiyou No Uta, she's only average. Nothing special

Suzuki Anne, well it really is not her appearance that irritates the most. My first impression is Ganbatte Ikkimashoi and well, I dont like it for some reasons. It just that the role doesn't suit her, and yeah appearance affects it too. I only watched 3 of her works: Ganbatte, Stand Up, and Kindaichi Shonnen no Jikenbo paired with Matsujun, and all i can say that she's no different from 1 role to another. However, people's taste differ surely. People may think that she has a good talent i dunno.

the real talent for me is Ueno Juri. Dont care about personality, incident occurs but her talent is ackonwledged. So does Kimura for the actors.

last, this thread isn't intended to attack one's fans, but it only to share my opinion. Even if Sawajiri is a bad person in real life, Kame did have a nose job, who cares.. LOL.. They're just people out of my reach. :roll

piislove94

Post by piislove94 » Nov 15th, '08, 02:10

rossie8785 wrote:
Akanishi -- well i agreed that he should concentrate on singing only.

Kame -- I like him as an actor (my first impression is Yuuki). Because he quite touched my heart that time. But lately I've been lurking for some Kat Tun's video and I think Kame shoud stop singing :D As for me he's good.
You've taken the words out of my mouth. I love JinJin when he's singing and performing on stage but Please, for God's sake baby, stay away from any filming projects. When I said that to Jin's fans here in this forum, they were like: "Give him more time to gain more acting experience and elvolve himself to a better actor". And I was like: WTH? Acting is not about experience girls. It's about talent and nature. OK, maybe he's inexperienced but even in 1 million years there's no way would Akanishi become an okay actor, much less good.

On the contrary, Kamenashi is a fine actor but I hate his gesture and manners on stage. I love him in NWP and then One pound Gospel. But he freaks me out when he's singing. I'd call him a b*tch. I don't know any other words. No offense but he's a good actor, but not a good singer. Weirdo I'd say.

Talk about defending their idols. Recently I had an accident with Jin's fans. I know I was wrong about telling the truth that "Jin's acting sucks" to Jin's fans in his own thread. But it doesn't mean that they needed to drag Pi into the argument, saying that: "OKay Jin sucks at acting and so does Pi. You don't have to spit at Jin just because he's higher than Pi in Anan ranking" and I tried my best to make them understand that I didn't mean that Jin's talentless and I didn't hate him and obviously I didn't spit at him because of that stupid ranking. OMG, it's really stupid. I mean, OK, I was wrong but at least you shouldn't drag my idol into it. I'm talking about your idol let's just dicuss about him. If I'm wrong correct me. Show me how wrong I am. It's not fair at all to counter attack in that way.

rossie8785

Post by rossie8785 » Nov 15th, '08, 02:24

piislove94 wrote: I mean, OK, I was wrong but at least you shouldn't drag my idol into it. I'm talking about your idol let's just dicuss about him. If I'm wrong correct me. Show me how wrong I am. It's not fair at all to counter attack in that way.
LOL, I agreed..
As I said, even they counter attack that way, I don't even care. I like some actresses/actors doesn't mean I need to defend them.
Who cares...? I just want to share an opinion so I'll take everyone's comments just as an opinion.

wariowarez

Post by wariowarez » Nov 15th, '08, 02:55

i already posted a list, but i've thought of a few more...

toda erika: she's cute when she smiles, but somehow in all the roles i've managed to see her in (Liar game, ushi ni negai wo, tsubasa no oreta tenshi, ryuusei no kizuna, nobuta wo produce, etc etc)...she's always the cute character who's overly naive or the cute character who actually is pretty sly. i just think that she doesn't have enough flexibility, and she's just getting boring...and unfortunately, i don't think many of her roles are actually likeable characters.

yes, and yamada yuu. can't believe i forgot about her. in a couple of other dramas i've seen her in, she's always this snobby big attitude character, which is a huge turnoff...except only in seigi no mikata she was really funny because she was totally not glamorous in a funny way...

another: fujiwara noriko. i avoid her at all costs. she's way too good at the snob character and now i've starting seriously despising her smug look. so what if she's tall? psshh, i'm her height too, but i don't use it to look down on people : P

i don't want to say something extremely controversial about ueno juri, but i definitely respect her for being who she really is and not pretending to be the good girl that others are. i've also read reports of her saying rude things to reporters or whatever, but that doesn't matter to me because it's her likeability and flexibility as an actress that's important. i guess it's because of that that she doesn't get as many CM offers (hard to work with?) but i think she does have the acting skills. watch last friends and you'll know : )

nofsummer

Post by nofsummer » Nov 15th, '08, 03:14

piislove94 wrote:
Talk about defending their idols. Recently I had an accident with Jin's fans. I know I was wrong about telling the truth that "Jin's acting sucks" to Jin's fans in his own thread. But it doesn't mean that they needed to drag Pi into the argument, saying that: "OKay Jin sucks at acting and so does Pi. You don't have to spit at Jin just because he's higher than Pi in Anan ranking" and I tried my best to make them understand that I didn't mean that Jin's talentless and I didn't hate him and obviously I didn't spit at him because of that stupid ranking. OMG, it's really stupid. I mean, OK, I was wrong but at least you shouldn't drag my idol into it. I'm talking about your idol let's just dicuss about him. If I'm wrong correct me. Show me how wrong I am. It's not fair at all to counter attack in that way.
Eh? but counter attack is like the second nature... that's is why fandom exist :lol
You can't possibly demand sanity out of it because no matter what we are completely bias when it comes to our idol. I bet if I post something remarkably honest about my take on Pi's acting on Yamapi thread, I will be skinned.alive.period. It's normal to be defensive.
But the AnAn ranking argument is WIN!! for Real??

bmwracer

Post by bmwracer » Nov 15th, '08, 03:17

wariowarez wrote:another: fujiwara noriko. i avoid her at all costs. she's way too good at the snob character and now i've starting seriously despising her smug look. so what if she's tall? psshh, i'm her height too, but i don't use it to look down on people : P
Yeah, she's a diva, all right.... So is Sawajiri Erika.

joshamax

Post by joshamax » Nov 15th, '08, 03:41

[/quote]

"OKay Jin sucks at acting and so does Pi. [/quote]

Totally not true, i feel it's unfair to put yamapi in the same rank as Akanishi when it comes to acting.....
On a personal note, yes, yamapi isnt the best actor around but i think he can act fairly much better...and i mean....MUCH MUCH better than akanishi ever can. Seriously, some JE idols just aren't cut out for acting...
akanishi's those that should forget about an acting career and focus on singing and dancing instead, what he does best...
Yukan Club... was...ah..i dunno what to say about that show...it's just such a flop...
manga was great and all..but..