Oguri Shun

Discuss about your favourite Japanese Actors and Actresses
Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » May 7th, '10, 18:20

But the episode there is already subbed, no softsubs for this. Or just join them. It's a very friendly community^^ Or was, I read it's closed permanently??

[ XD ]

Post by [ XD ] » May 7th, '10, 18:44

Yeah it's closed for the time being
the problem is that I'm not that much good in LJ stuff =_=

Okay if you just found any soft sub plz give it to me [ doen't matter what the language is ]

and thank you very much =}

Aychan

Post by Aychan » May 12th, '10, 20:07

Hi everybody! I'm a (new) Oguri's fan :-)

I found his stage plays in LJ, in Oguri Downloads community, and Caligula at Veoh, but except to As You Like It, that has italian subs (I'm italian :D ) the rest of plays are raws. I'm most interested in Caligula, can anyone tell me if there's subs for it? Italian, English, Spanish, French... It doesn't matter!!!

esmer86
Upload Addict
Upload Addict

Post by esmer86 » May 12th, '10, 21:11

has anyone found out about the movie that is coming out...he directs it i think? Was it any good? For me the preview made it seemed interesting. 8)

Misato-san

Post by Misato-san » May 12th, '10, 21:21

Aychan wrote:Hi everybody! I'm a (new) Oguri's fan :-)

I found his stage plays in LJ, in Oguri Downloads community, and Caligula at Veoh, but except to As You Like It, that has italian subs (I'm italian :D ) the rest of plays are raws. I'm most interested in Caligula, can anyone tell me if there's subs for it? Italian, English, Spanish, French... It doesn't matter!!!
There is an Italian subbed version of the Caligula on work from Mugendai Fansub, the same group of As you like it. ^^

Aychan

Post by Aychan » May 14th, '10, 21:49

Grazie Misato-san :-)
I'll wait for it!

misuzana

Post by misuzana » May 21st, '10, 01:07

esmer86 wrote:has anyone found out about the movie that is coming out...he directs it i think? Was it any good? For me the preview made it seemed interesting. 8)
wow been out for a while then :blink becuasre i didn't know there was a preview :crazy: :blink :blink where where

[ XD ]

Post by [ XD ] » May 28th, '10, 11:56

The movie is directed by Oguri is "Surely Someday" , you can
watch the full trailer here http://www.nipponcinema.com/trailers/su ... y-trailer/, it will be aired in 17 Jul, 2010 :-)

JaJe

Post by JaJe » May 28th, '10, 15:46

[ XD ] wrote:The movie is directed by Oguri is "Surely Someday" , you can
watch the full trailer here http://www.nipponcinema.com/trailers/su ... y-trailer/, it will be aired in 17 Jul, 2010 :-)
Yay!!! I´m in Tokyo at that time!!! ^o^ Hopefully I´m able to go to see it ^o^

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » May 31st, '10, 13:34

Does anyone mention this:
Oguri voices lead in "Rainbow" anime
"Popular young actor Shun Oguri (27), who just made his directorial debut with the movie "Surely Someday," will next be working on a voice acting role in an animated series. He has been chosen as the lead in NTV's "RAINBOW - Nisha Rokubo no Shichinin," set to start on April 6.

"RAINBOW" is an adaptation of the acclaimed manga of the same name, written by George Abe and illustrated by Masasumi Kakizaki. Serialized over a period of eight years, the comic ended last month. Its first 21 volumes have sold more than 3 million copies, and the final volume comes out this weekend.

The story depicts the lives of six young delinquents at a special reform school in 1955. Oguri plays the protagonist Mario, while actress Shihori Kanjiya (24) plays the main female role. Other characters are being voiced by Rikiya Koyama, Romi Paku, Takaya Kuroda, Keiji Fujiwara, and Tatsuya Hasome. Megumi Hayashibara will serve as a narrator.

Oguri has done voice acting before, including the main character in "Wangan Midnight," but this will be his first lead voice role in an anime on terrestrial television.

"RAINBOW" premieres on April 6." from: http://www.tokyograph.com/news/id-5848 access date: 2010-05-30

Is the anime any good?

Reikaa

Post by Reikaa » May 31st, '10, 14:26

I don't know, but it's one of the animes in this season that i wanted to see.
If you are curious, take a look in this site: http://myanimelist.net/anime/6114/Rainbow
score is pretty high, so it must be good.

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » May 31st, '10, 14:50

Hm, synopsis looks good (violence, that's good :D ), but I have to see it with my own eyes (and hear it, hehe).
Thanks for the link.
:salut:

[ XD ]

Post by [ XD ] » Jun 1st, '10, 16:22

I heard from my sister that's the anime is good.
and i'm planning to watch it soon =)

MisS Lonliah

Post by MisS Lonliah » Jun 15th, '10, 08:55

Takeshi Kitano, Sou Kuramoto team up for drama special "Kikoku"

Talento Takeshi Kitano (63) and screenwriter Sou Kuramoto (75) are teaming up for a TBS drama special that will air this August. Titled "Kikoku," the drama will star Kitano and feature a cast of big names, including Shun Oguri (27) and Maki Horikita (21).

"Kikoku" is based on the 1955 short story "Saipan Kara Kita Ressha," written by the late author Hiroshi Muneta. Kuramoto originally adapted it last year for a theatrical version, but he is writing a new script for the drama.

The fantasy story starts when a unscheduled train arrives at Tokyo Station, carrying the ghosts of a group of soldiers who died honorably during World War II and dropping them off in present-day Tokyo. Kitano plays one of the soldiers, a private first class, who visits his younger sister, but he becomes violent upon witnessing her current misery.

Oguri plays a former musician who was sent to war, leaving behind his girlfriend Yoko (played by Horikita). When he returns to see her, 60 years have already passed. Kaoru Yachigusa will play the older Yoko.

Other cast members include Takashi Tsukamoto, Osamu Mukai, Yoichi Nukumizu, Yuya Endo, Katsuhisa Namase, ARATA, and Koji Ishizaka. TBS plans to air the drama on August 14, the day before the anniversary of Japan's surrender.

source: Tokyograph

Reikaa

Post by Reikaa » Jun 15th, '10, 17:26

Whoa, it seems pretty interesting! Definitely i'm going to watch.

[ XD ]

Post by [ XD ] » Jun 15th, '10, 17:37

Kikoku, wanna watch it !
there are a plenty of Oguri's dramas in my waiting list ><"
Thank you

arakira
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by arakira » Jul 19th, '10, 10:18

Shun's movie Surely Someday premiered on the 17th and Shun got thrown into the air my the cast: :cheers: :lol Hope his movie will do well.

credit:
tokyohive

There's also a video on youtube.

MisS Lonliah

Post by MisS Lonliah » Jul 25th, '10, 21:17

ImageImage

Shun was the "Aniki" guest on this week's Arashi ni Shiyagare 07.24.10. The episode was fun to watch.

tunix_2008

Post by tunix_2008 » Aug 14th, '10, 15:06

I just saw Kikoku on KeyHole TV. Although I didn’t understand a word of it, it seemed self- explanatory for the most part. The scene between Oguri Shun and Horikita Maki on the one hand is formulaic and has been repeated in so many movies in the East and West that you don’t even have to understand the words just the body language
and you’ll understand two lovers debating the virtues and woes of war, of leaving and being left behind, and of love coming to an end. On the other hand, the scene is timeless and effective that’s why it has become a formula and staple of any movie depicting wartime no matter which war, no matter what era. The scene is made even more poignant by the splicing of scenes of the old Kasai Youko walking through the empty house as though chasing the ghost of a memory while the ghost of Kitani looks on. Then old Kasai Youko started talking to the ‘ghost’, I’m guessing about what happened to her after the Americans came, how she lost her eyesight, and, I guess, why she never fell in love again (no family photos). By the end, it became sort of a Cinderella thing where Kitani had to leave before sunrise, I suppose, so he tells her goodbye once again and, maybe, regrets of having left her, and of course that he loved her. The way old Kasai Youko said “Sayonara” and closed the piano underscored the heartrending end of their love story.
Shun here is so Hanazawa Rui with his classical music (cello instead of violin). At the same time because of the presence of Maki, I was reminded of Sano Izumi as well, except as Kitani he was sympathetic and never grunted at all.

Yachigusa Kaoru (old Kasai) looked really good for an 85-year-old, as well as that guy who got killed in his office. I mean if he was old enough to affect a WWII soldier’s life enough to get himself killed by its ghost then he must be at least 80 years old.

I saw that it’s also going to be adapted as a stage play. I remembered thinking that in the earlier scenes when the officer brought Kitani and Kusaka to the concert hall.
Speaking of that scene, too bad Mukai Osamu's story wasn't developed so much -- well I think it wasn't developed so much because I didn't get a lot from the gist (he was an artist and his model was his lover and the painting he made of her now hangs in a museum). Of course it didn't help that I didn't understand the dialogue but as I said in the case of Shun and Maki, body language tells as much of the story as dialogue does. Like I got that Oomiya's sister got embroiled in the sleazy side of dancing because, I assume, of that dude who got killed in his office that's why Oomiya's ghost killed him. All three of them (the dude, Oomiya and his sister, the old lady who died in the hospital) got their closure in the end with the flight of the white birds.
All in all, the experience of watching Kikoku specifically Shun and Maki's story line, was haunting and sad especially if you don't (or can't because of the language barrier) take into consideration all the political, social and moral implications pertaining to Japan's involvement in that particular war.
Last edited by tunix_2008 on Aug 15th, '10, 09:54, edited 1 time in total.

arakira
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by arakira » Aug 14th, '10, 16:11

Aww, I've been waiting for Kikoku but keyhole was acting up for me and i couldn't get any audio for large parts. So I stopped and decided to wait for an upload. Do you know whether there's a group that's gonna sub this, or maybe japanese subs?

Thanks for your outline. Maybe you could put your summary under a spoiler tag, just in case some peeps don't like to read about the story before watching it.

tunix_2008

Post by tunix_2008 » Aug 15th, '10, 09:58

Yeah, KeyHole was a bit troublesome during the whole broadcast but I stuck to it thinking there might never be a chance to see it. Tanpatsu's like these rarely get uploaded much less subbed. Although Maki fans might be so inclined to subbing it since they do for all Maki's projects but I haven't read anyone promising to upload or sub. :-(

arakira
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by arakira » Aug 15th, '10, 14:46

They do get uploaded, I'm sure someone will be so kind and create a torrent for it. It's already uploaded on MV and Pandora. I dunno how to dl from there, but if you don't mind streaming, here's the source I found: http://dramato.blog98.fc2.com/blog-entry-13450.html

arakira
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by arakira » Aug 20th, '10, 12:19

Seems the rumor about his fall drama is true: - and with Nari :wub:

After reading about the manga I guess it'll be a rather whacky comedy. Like some refreshment for Shun-kun before he has to go all out playing Alex in "A Clockwork Orange" stage adaption ;)

MisS Lonliah

Post by MisS Lonliah » Aug 21st, '10, 12:26

^ wow! I hope that it will be confirmed soon. Thanks!

ck1Oz

Post by ck1Oz » Aug 23rd, '10, 13:59

Has anyone got a utorrent link for this.We have subbers waiting to sub this but I can't a video to upload.Thanks.

MisS Lonliah

Post by MisS Lonliah » Aug 24th, '10, 07:02

arakira wrote:Seems the rumor about his fall drama is true: - and with Nari :wub:

After reading about the manga I guess it'll be a rather whacky comedy. Like some refreshment for Shun-kun before he has to go all out playing Alex in "A Clockwork Orange" stage adaption ;)
Yes, it is!!! :thumright:

Shun Oguri, Mao Inoue reunite in "Veterinarian Dolittle" drama

It is now confirmed that Shun Oguri (27) and Mao Inoue (23) will co-star in a new drama series this fall. The pair, who appeared together in the live-action "Hana Yori Dango," have been cast in an adaptation of "Juui Dolittle" ("Veterinarian Dolittle"), a manga written by Midori Natsu and illustrated by Makiyoshi Chikuya.

Oguri plays the part of Kenichi Tottori, a highly capable veterinarian known by the nickname "Dolittle." He has a sharp tongue, and he maintains a strict attitude about issues such as money and proper pet care. But in addition to saving animals, he also helps fix the problems of their owners.

Inoue plays the female lead as Kenichi's co-worker Asuka Tajima, while Hiroki Narimiya (27) as rival veterinarian Masaru Hanabishi. The show will also focus on the love triangle between the three characters.

The show will air on TBS in the Sunday 9:00pm time slot, starting in October.

tokyograph

arakira
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by arakira » Aug 24th, '10, 11:54

Yatta, finally confirmed =)) :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:
Well I'm not expecting much from a Sunday night drama about a love-triangle between vets and an animal nurse...but I do have faith in Shun's and Nari's skills (and looks).

Found a little chara chart, seems the nurse has a crush on Dolittle's rival, Hanabiji (Nari) but the arrow's only one way and says 'awsome'...And the arrow from Nari to Shun says "why are you like that?" Hehe I soo hope for Dolittle to be a real weirdo (cause it's Shun) and for some hilarious bickering between those two. :lol

MisS Lonliah

Post by MisS Lonliah » Aug 24th, '10, 12:40

arakira wrote: Well I'm not expecting much from a Sunday night drama about a love-triangle between vets and an animal nurse...but I do have faith in Shun's and Nari's skills (and looks).
I agree! I just wish that this drama will be fun/bright! & Thanks for sharing the chart! ^^

akiradown!

Post by akiradown! » May 28th, '11, 07:59

OGURI SHUN! *SCREAMS* HE IS SO CUTE, HANDSOME, TALENTED AND SO COOL! Such a very good actor and director! His acting in Binbo Danshi doesn't fail to make me laugh and squeal! I love him so much <3

8thSin
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by 8thSin » Jul 26th, '11, 16:22

Why the hell is Oguri Shun not Riku... Hayashi Kento's acting is so stiff in Arakawa.

Such a waste using him as Sonchou. We can barely even tell it's him lol

febrie

Post by febrie » Aug 3rd, '11, 02:35

too bad they didn't show his face when Kappa transform lol...

Cris01

Post by Cris01 » Mar 12th, '12, 22:12

So the time has come! :cry:
Also Shun marries :D
He will marry Yamada Yu tomorrow, March 14, the day of their anniversary :wub:
Omedetou! :cheers:

Foxxy_Fuyumi

Post by Foxxy_Fuyumi » Jun 5th, '12, 20:57

ABOUT THE NEW DRAMA

Character names:

Oguri Shun - Hinata Tooru (日向 徹) ( = rich man)
Ishihara Satomi - Sawaki Chihiro (澤木千尋) ( = poor woman)
Aibu Saki - Asahina Youko (朝比奈燿子) (Asahina Kousuke's younger sister)
Iura Arata - Asahina Kousuke (朝比奈恒介) (Hinata Tooru's business partner)

Staff:
Screenwriter: Adachi Naoko (安達奈緒子) (Taisetsu na Koto wa Subete Kimi ga Oshiete Kureta)
Music: Hayashi Yuuki (林 ゆうき)
Producer: Masumoto Jun (増本 淳)
Director: Nishiura Masaki (西浦正記), Tanaka Ryo (田中 亮)

It looks like Hinata Tooru will be a character, who earned a lot of money by his internet website and started to don't trust any people because he thinks they only want his money.
Sawaki Chihiro meets him because of something job related, realizes he's not such a bad guy as he may look like.

A PHOTOSHOOT PHOTO

ilovejdramas

Post by ilovejdramas » Jul 22nd, '12, 16:10

I love Shun's natural acting here as always and his character as Toru Hyuga! :) Never thought that Satomi and him will have a great chemistry. ;)

YukawaManabu

Post by YukawaManabu » Aug 11th, '13, 15:22

Have you guys seen how great he was in Summer Snow? Just fantastic!
I have yet to see Rich Man Poor Woman, though.

zenith777

Post by zenith777 » Aug 29th, '14, 09:44

Just randomly read this article about Oguri Shun's thought of marriage
oguri-shun-reveals-his-true-feelings-on-marriage-there-really-is-no... :|

doodoofan

Post by doodoofan » Sep 13th, '14, 13:17

Oguri Shun is my favorite Japanese actor. I was shocked when I heard that he got married a few years ago. I can stop dreaming about Hanazawa Rui now :D.

doram

Re: Oguri Shun

Post by doram » Jan 9th, '16, 02:01

Someone please recommend me his dramas/movies that are fun to watch! I don't mind about the genre as long as it's not a long-episodes-jidaigeki...lol I did watch Nobunaga Concerto though, it wasn't as heavy as I expected it to be so I could still manage to finish it :lol
This is the drama/movie list that I've watched:
Drama
-Ouroboros (TBS, 2015)
-Nobunaga Concerto (Fuji TV, 2014)
-BORDER (TV Asahi, 2014)
-Woman (NTV, 2013)
-Rich Man, Poor Woman SP (Fuji TV, 2013)
-Rich Man, Poor Woman (Fuji TV, 2012)
-Smile (TBS, 2009)
-Hanazakari no Kimitachi e SP (Fuji TV, 2008)
-Hanazakari no Kimitachi e (Fuji TV, 2007)
-Hana Yori Dango 2 (TBS, 2007)
-Hana Yori Dango (TBS, 2005)
-Densha Otoko (Fuji TV, 2005) -> Nonton ini tp sejujurnya lupa ada oguri shun apa ngga wkwkwk berasa ga liat dia di drama ini
-Stand Up!! (TBS, 2003)
Movie
-Crows ZERO II (2009)
-Hana Yori Dango -Final- (2008)

Soooo could you recommend me another shun's dramas/movies please? :dance:

Itadakimasu

Post by Itadakimasu » Jan 9th, '16, 03:18

He was also in Kyumei Byoto 24 ji season 3, Woman and starred in Tokyo Dogs (with Yuriko Yoshitaka). These are some of the more recent ones I watched and his acting was great; but I thought he really stood out in the supporting roles because those dramas were outstanding (Kyumei and Women).

nuve
Fansubber
Fansubber
Slovakia

Post by nuve » May 7th, '16, 21:57

Binbo danshi and Tokyo dogs, first come to my mind