Matsuda Shota

Discuss about your favourite Japanese Actors and Actresses
User avatar
Rabu
Posts: 31
Joined: Aug 2nd, '08, 16:12
Location: Germany

Post by Rabu » Nov 22nd, '08, 21:10

Sorry for not answering quickly. :(
Here's the link

http://www.pori-chan.com/index.php?topic=209.0

Please Buy From Amazon By Clicking Below To Help D-Addicts Forum:
User avatar
iamx
Posts: 5
Joined: Nov 22nd, '08, 19:12
Location: Croatia

Post by iamx » Nov 24th, '08, 19:48

I love Shota,he's a great actor. I loved him in HYD. As far as I could notice ,it seems to me he's one of the few japanese actors that can speak english really really good. :)

User avatar
el_lady
Posts: 74
Joined: Sep 9th, '08, 23:16

Post by el_lady » Nov 25th, '08, 02:12

Rabu wrote:Sorry for not answering quickly. :(
Here's the link

http://www.pori-chan.com/index.php?topic=209.0
oh ok, so it's actually a rumor of them dating... that's what I thought too when you meant new rumors of them together but you posted the link to the AtsuHime drama.. so I was assuming you meant by them playing together.. lol

User avatar
Rabu
Posts: 31
Joined: Aug 2nd, '08, 16:12
Location: Germany

Post by Rabu » Nov 25th, '08, 17:52

@el_lady: ah, sory ^__^"

User avatar
el_lady
Posts: 74
Joined: Sep 9th, '08, 23:16

Post by el_lady » Nov 25th, '08, 22:40

Rabu, we were just misunderstanding each other but WHOA! I wouldn't think they'll be a rumor about the two of them.. I think the last rumor I heard of Shota was about Suzuki Anne.

User avatar
el_lady
Posts: 74
Joined: Sep 9th, '08, 23:16

Post by el_lady » Dec 9th, '08, 00:32

Watch a glimpse of Love Shuffle. Shota has a new haircut and it looks really hot.. it sort of reminds me of his old hairstyle in HYD 1. I'm getting more excited about the drama.

http://tw.youtube.com/watch?v=4yUasHXiunQ

User avatar
saitojiyuu
Posts: 26
Joined: Apr 17th, '08, 06:50
Location: philippines

Post by saitojiyuu » Dec 17th, '08, 14:08

shota and maki?! :cheers:

i love maki so it's ok..hahaha

User avatar
el_lady
Posts: 74
Joined: Sep 9th, '08, 23:16

Post by el_lady » Dec 19th, '08, 23:50

Matsuda Shota in Love Shuffle. I'm really excited and so eager to watch this drama.

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image


Visit the official site: http://www.tbs.co.jp/loveshuffle

User avatar
saitojiyuu
Posts: 26
Joined: Apr 17th, '08, 06:50
Location: philippines

Post by saitojiyuu » Dec 21st, '08, 05:16

i love his hair!!!! :lol

User avatar
Rabu
Posts: 31
Joined: Aug 2nd, '08, 16:12
Location: Germany

Post by Rabu » Dec 29th, '08, 16:26

waaah, looks great! :D

User avatar
el_lady
Posts: 74
Joined: Sep 9th, '08, 23:16

Post by el_lady » Dec 30th, '08, 06:11

new scan of Shota. I really like his hair and he look so sexy.

Image

Image

Watch:

http://tieba.baidu.com/%CB%C9%CC%EF%CF% ... b16b2ed16b



credits on the pic

User avatar
ReiKen
Posts: 13
Joined: Aug 24th, '07, 18:43
Location: Ontario

Post by ReiKen » Dec 30th, '08, 18:15

Anyone have any more pictures of him with the new hairstyle?

User avatar
el_lady
Posts: 74
Joined: Sep 9th, '08, 23:16

Post by el_lady » Dec 31st, '08, 01:03

Image

Image


NEW SCANS
VOGUE NIPPON 09

Image

Image

Image
only if there's translation for this interview. I want to know what it says.


credits to tieba

User avatar
sahansah
Posts: 540
Joined: Sep 12th, '07, 13:21
Location: U.K.

Post by sahansah » Jan 22nd, '09, 12:39

Anyone seen his films Waruboro and Ikigami yet? Can't find english subs for them :-(

User avatar
Kathstandsalone
Posts: 90
Joined: May 26th, '07, 05:57

Post by Kathstandsalone » Jan 26th, '09, 12:55

Sometimes, I think Shota can passed off/act as a psychopath, with his deathly glare!

/random

User avatar
sahansah
Posts: 540
Joined: Sep 12th, '07, 13:21
Location: U.K.

Post by sahansah » Jan 27th, '09, 00:32

Kathstandsalone XD - uh-huh I sometimes think that to. Like he has the perfect devilish look bout him to pass off as a psychopath. I think if Japan ever made a remake of Batman Shota would definately own as the Joker. :lol

anyala
Posts: 74
Joined: Sep 21st, '05, 08:35

Post by anyala » Feb 1st, '09, 13:40

el_lady wrote:You guys should definitely check this video out.
Matsuda Shota is so goofy in this clip and you'll love him even more.

http://www.veoh.com/videos/v158600653mj ... sonParams=
woaa~~thank you very much el_lady!!he's just too adorable...hehehe...

btw...does anyone know whether this vid has an eng sub??or any translation??thx in advance!!

charia-chan
Posts: 472
Joined: May 11th, '07, 13:25
Location: Germany

Post by charia-chan » Feb 1st, '09, 13:42

I just love him in Love Shuffle.... he is doing a great job there.

User avatar
el_lady
Posts: 74
Joined: Sep 9th, '08, 23:16

Post by el_lady » Feb 8th, '09, 18:44

anyala, I don't think anyone subbed the clip but I hope someone will soon because I want to know what he's say and etc.

User avatar
dakumizu
Posts: 7
Joined: Nov 25th, '08, 05:07

Post by dakumizu » Feb 8th, '09, 19:09

XD i love matsuda shota! he was awesome in Liar Game

olga2468
Posts: 18
Joined: Mar 26th, '08, 06:38
Location: Poland
Contact:

Post by olga2468 » Feb 8th, '09, 19:17

I love him too!
Yep, he was great in Liar Game and Regatta ;) in HYD it wasnt so good -.-
and now in Love Shuffle i'm falling in love again ;D

gauri92
Posts: 56
Joined: Feb 9th, '09, 14:34

Post by gauri92 » Feb 9th, '09, 21:05

am i the only one who wants him 2 end up wid karina's character in love shuffle??? i dunno...i sumhow like the 2 of thm 2gether......

anyala
Posts: 74
Joined: Sep 21st, '05, 08:35

Post by anyala » Feb 10th, '09, 06:28

i was hopin the same but after watching the following eps....i dunno....

keep watching gauri92...you might wanna change your mind after few eps...

el_lady...thanks for the info....i really hope someone will pick up the thread and could help subbing the videos..

actually he got many vids and works but most of them are not in english, wat a shame...

aaa...i wanna watch him in waruboro...looks good, but no eng sub so far...

he's got less story line in hyd...they only focus on jun and makino...(obviously bcoz they're the main character...still i think he should get more story lines....shota...luv you !!! gambatene!!)

anyhow, pls pm me if any news from him...

so he's just doing love shuffle??? who's his current gf??

i knew erika sawajiri once is his gf, but any news abt his current one or at least gossip abt it...???

User avatar
Sajenn
Posts: 15
Joined: Feb 18th, '06, 12:35
Location: Germany

Post by Sajenn » Feb 12th, '09, 00:23

Wuh!
I watched Liar Game, Hana Yori Dango and Love Shuffle up to date in the last week and now ... wuh, Masuda Shota!

I didn't tought so much about him in HYD (because Matsumoto Jun caught my attention), but he was awesome in Liar Game and I LOVE his char in Love Shuffle. Awesome his smexyness.

His pics made my nose bleed 8D

User avatar
el_lady
Posts: 74
Joined: Sep 9th, '08, 23:16

Post by el_lady » Feb 12th, '09, 05:44

anyala wrote:i was hopin the same but after watching the following eps....i dunno....

keep watching gauri92...you might wanna change your mind after few eps...

el_lady...thanks for the info....i really hope someone will pick up the thread and could help subbing the videos..

actually he got many vids and works but most of them are not in english, wat a shame...

aaa...i wanna watch him in waruboro...looks good, but no eng sub so far...

he's got less story line in hyd...they only focus on jun and makino...(obviously bcoz they're the main character...still i think he should get more story lines....shota...luv you !!! gambatene!!)

anyhow, pls pm me if any news from him...

so he's just doing love shuffle??? who's his current gf??

i knew erika sawajiri once is his gf, but any news abt his current one or at least gossip abt it...???
Matsuda Shota appear on this show called, Hanamaru Cafe on Sept. 26, 2008 and from what I read on his LJ community, he talked about dating and clubbing, etc. I'm guessing he's probably trying to date again. I agree that Shota appears a lot on shows but it's never subbed.

watch the clip here and if anyone does understands or even a little bit please share too.
http://tieba.baidu.com/%CB%C9%CC%EF%CF% ... 184cf6aa21


The last news I read about Shota is that he congratulated his brother, Ryuhei on his marriage and that the family is becoming bigger. Ever since his father passed away, the family has been really small so he's really happy that the family is becoming bigger.

User avatar
el_lady
Posts: 74
Joined: Sep 9th, '08, 23:16

Post by el_lady » Feb 21st, '09, 14:59

Matsuda Shota will be starring in a new drama coming this spring, Meitantei no Okite.
It sort of reminds me of his Liar Game character but this time he'll be working w/ the police.



Date: April 2009, Fridays 11.00 pm
Station: TV Asahi
Cast: Shota Matsuda

Source: http://doramarama.burymeinthisdress.com ... ring-2009/

It's based on a book by Higashino Keigo, also the author of Galileo, Byakuyakou and Ryusei no Kizuna. It's about a genius detective who helps the police solve difficult cases.


credits to http://community.livejournal.com/matsuda_shota/

User avatar
sahansah
Posts: 540
Joined: Sep 12th, '07, 13:21
Location: U.K.

Post by sahansah » Feb 25th, '09, 16:24

I for one can't wait for this new drama of his! Is he going to be the main lead? Finally a drama where the focus is actually on him :cheers: :cheers:

User avatar
saitojiyuu
Posts: 26
Joined: Apr 17th, '08, 06:50
Location: philippines

Post by saitojiyuu » Mar 13th, '09, 16:05

a new drama with him as the lead actor..yey! :cheers:

User avatar
el_lady
Posts: 74
Joined: Sep 9th, '08, 23:16

Post by el_lady » Mar 15th, '09, 13:55

Matsuda Shota's new CM

Image

Image

Image


credits to tieba

User avatar
sahansah
Posts: 540
Joined: Sep 12th, '07, 13:21
Location: U.K.

Post by sahansah » Mar 24th, '09, 00:42

^ :lol ~ That looks funny! Shota looks like his enjoying himself :roll Anyone got a link to the actual CM?
Image

User avatar
el_lady
Posts: 74
Joined: Sep 9th, '08, 23:16

Post by el_lady » Mar 27th, '09, 21:20

It is actually quite funny. You can view his cm here,

behind the scenes/interview: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EeEnAonj89M

here's the CM
http://tieba.baidu.com/%CB%C9%CC%EF%CF% ... 492344141/

User avatar
sahansah
Posts: 540
Joined: Sep 12th, '07, 13:21
Location: U.K.

Post by sahansah » Mar 29th, '09, 13:53

:lol - Thanks! That was an interesting ad. I want some protein water now! Who's the other guy with Shota? And the music sounds so familiar.
Image

tkah
Posts: 69
Joined: Nov 10th, '08, 16:56
Location: Canada

Post by tkah » Mar 30th, '09, 23:24

I didn't really pay too much attention to him until seeing him in Love Shuffle. He is a really good actor. Looking forward to the next drama he is in.....

User avatar
sahansah
Posts: 540
Joined: Sep 12th, '07, 13:21
Location: U.K.

Post by sahansah » Mar 30th, '09, 23:52

^You should watch him in Liar Game if you haven't already seen it. I mean his not the main lead but his good in it and the drama is enjoyable as well. I thought he acted extremely well in Bara no nai Hanaya although he doesn't appear that much in the drama. In Jotei the focus is on Kata Rosa and Shota isn't that prominant in it as well but he does good in the role he was given.

I think Shota really is a top actor and I can't wait to watch Love Shuffle. Also I'm eagerly anticipating his new drama called Meitantei no Okite in which he plays the lead!
Image

User avatar
saitojiyuu
Posts: 26
Joined: Apr 17th, '08, 06:50
Location: philippines

Post by saitojiyuu » Apr 7th, '09, 09:49

watching the Cm and all the funny videos, i could say this guy's got dual personality! haha..he seems really funny and dorky yet when he strikes a pose, he could melt anyone with those piercing eyes...like he's some dark mysterious man...o well i guess it's just me. :D

User avatar
el_lady
Posts: 74
Joined: Sep 9th, '08, 23:16

Post by el_lady » Apr 9th, '09, 14:04

saitojiyuu, I agree w/ you too.. and not to mention Shota is a shy type. You can definitely tell when he appears on shows.

User avatar
saitojiyuu
Posts: 26
Joined: Apr 17th, '08, 06:50
Location: philippines

Post by saitojiyuu » Apr 9th, '09, 15:25

el_lady

yes really shy! i noticed that too...but i think that made him an even better actor...he's shy yet he works well with the cameras. he's a convincing actor. :thumleft:

User avatar
aireny
Posts: 4
Joined: Apr 11th, '09, 03:14

Post by aireny » Apr 11th, '09, 03:45

*SQUEEEE* ahaaha. lately i've been watching dramas that contain shota-kun such as HYD, love shuffle, & liar game and i can't get enough of him.
i think it's partly because i love his style & saitojiyuu you're right -- it's his mysteriousness that's so attractive xD
Image

User avatar
saitojiyuu
Posts: 26
Joined: Apr 17th, '08, 06:50
Location: philippines

Post by saitojiyuu » Apr 11th, '09, 11:35

aireny wrote:*SQUEEEE* ahaaha. lately i've been watching dramas that contain shota-kun such as HYD, love shuffle, & liar game and i can't get enough of him.
i think it's partly because i love his style & saitojiyuu you're right -- it's his mysteriousness that's so attractive xD
haha yea! that mysteriousness of his is what draws people into him..o well..i guess it's not just me after all... :D

User avatar
el_lady
Posts: 74
Joined: Sep 9th, '08, 23:16

Post by el_lady » Apr 24th, '09, 13:20

"Liar Game" returns with movie, second season

The popular Fuji TV drama series "LIAR GAME" is coming back with a second season and a theatrical film. Based on a manga by Shinobu Kaitani, the show originally aired in 2007 and drew very strong ratings for its late-night time slot.

The psychological thriller starred rising youngsters Erika Toda (20) and Shota Matsuda (23). They will of course reprise their roles in the new productions. So far, the expected dates for the second season and the movie have not yet been decided.

On Thursday, Fuji TV launched a mobile-only site called Liar Game Project (LGP) that deals with the manga, drama, and the movie. Those who register can receive more information, and they will also be able to participate in a new "game" related to the story.


credits to tokyograph

User avatar
Karo
Fansubber
Fansubber
Posts: 760
Joined: Jan 29th, '05, 18:52
Location: Austria... XD
Contact:

Post by Karo » Apr 24th, '09, 13:30

This are great news~~ *___*
I really loved Liar game so much! YAY More Matsuda Shota~~ ^0^ :wub:

User avatar
sahansah
Posts: 540
Joined: Sep 12th, '07, 13:21
Location: U.K.

Post by sahansah » Apr 24th, '09, 23:23

:cheers: ~ great news! Can't wait for the second season of Liar Game and Movie! Shota and Erika <3

Loved him in Love Shuffle - I thought his was the best pairing in the drama didn't really care much bout the others, they looked so cute together :-)

Shota looks to be a busy man long may it continue! :cheers:
Image

User avatar
el_lady
Posts: 74
Joined: Sep 9th, '08, 23:16

Post by el_lady » Apr 30th, '09, 22:39

Matsuda Shota on the cover of Gyao June 2009

Image

credits to baidu

User avatar
dattebayoXD
Posts: 45
Joined: Nov 10th, '08, 13:58
Location: Lithuania

Post by dattebayoXD » Sep 10th, '09, 13:56

:wub: Happy Birthday Matsuda-san!! ^^ I wish you a great one *0* :mrgreen:

p.s. He is a total seeeeeex :wub: *melts*

XDD
is there a picture spam in this thread? :o If yes, in what page? XDDD

User avatar
garcon
Posts: 33
Joined: Dec 22nd, '08, 05:59

Post by garcon » Sep 10th, '09, 14:02

happy birthday to him!!!!

User avatar
sahansah
Posts: 540
Joined: Sep 12th, '07, 13:21
Location: U.K.

Post by sahansah » Sep 10th, '09, 21:13

Hope Shota had a good birthday! Can't wait for Liar Game 2! Hope he has many more projects lined up!!!!
Image

User avatar
xtraordinarilynaked
Posts: 56
Joined: May 10th, '08, 14:04
Location: Virginia Beach

Post by xtraordinarilynaked » Sep 10th, '09, 21:32

お誕生日おめでとう翔太くん!!
愛してる!! :wub: :party:

User avatar
sahansah
Posts: 540
Joined: Sep 12th, '07, 13:21
Location: U.K.

Post by sahansah » Sep 15th, '09, 01:01

Shota is going to be in a new movie!
Shota Matsuda, Kengo Kora co-star in road movie

Actors Shota Matsuda (24) and Kengo Kora (21) are teaming up for a new movie by director Tatsushi Omori, titled "Kenta to Jun to Kayo-chan no Kuni." Actress Sakura Ando (23) will co-star.

The picture is described as a youthful road movie. Matsuda and Kora play two men named Kenta and Jun, who were raised like siblings at a children's institution. Kenta's actual older brother is serving a jail sentence, and the two embark on a journey to the prison where he is being held.

Akira Emoto and Kaoru Kobayashi have also been cast. Filming is already over, and the movie has already been scheduled a special screening at the Tokyo Filmex in November. It will be released in theaters next summer.
Source: Tokyograph
Image

User avatar
dattebayoXD
Posts: 45
Joined: Nov 10th, '08, 13:58
Location: Lithuania

Post by dattebayoXD » Sep 17th, '09, 07:01

OMg! A new movie? :D can't 'effing wait!! XD That dude needs more action :o

User avatar
el_lady
Posts: 74
Joined: Sep 9th, '08, 23:16

Post by el_lady » Dec 13th, '09, 01:25

Kenta to Jun to Kayo-chan no Kuni Press Conference

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image


credits to matsuda shota lj

fujitak
Posts: 181
Joined: May 22nd, '07, 16:44

Post by fujitak » Dec 22nd, '09, 14:08

Image

I searched a lot but unfortunately don't find. Someone knows what's mark or style name has the leather jacket Matsuda shota wears in LIAR GAME.
Thanks.

User avatar
falalalow
Posts: 20
Joined: Feb 2nd, '10, 15:03

Post by falalalow » Feb 3rd, '10, 07:52

I think Matsuda Shota has got to be one of my favorite actors!

Hana Yori Dango...Liar Game Season1&2....Love Shuffle...he's just so amazing! Plus he's a cutie! Teehee!

User avatar
enggrrl
Posts: 62
Joined: Feb 27th, '09, 09:10

Post by enggrrl » Feb 3rd, '10, 13:23

I agree, he's a great actor. If you want to see him in a completely different role check out metantei no okite <sp> I think the translation is The Conditions of Great Detectives. He's really funny and goofy in it.
Image

pinkporca
Posts: 42
Joined: Jan 1st, '10, 01:50
Location: USA

Post by pinkporca » Feb 5th, '10, 19:51

He was also fantastic in Regatta. Great show. Great acting.

User avatar
el_lady
Posts: 74
Joined: Sep 9th, '08, 23:16

Post by el_lady » Feb 15th, '10, 04:15

Matsuda Shota At The Berlin International Film Festival



Image

Image

Image

Image



A Crowd of Three -- Film Review

Bottom Line: Grating youth protest movie that alienates despite its anger and violence.
"A Crowd of Three" is a road movie motored by characters that drive each other (and probably quite a few audiences) up the wall, not least because of its unsympathetic characters, unpleasant violence, or its inarticulate manner of speaking out for grassroots youth. The disturbing misogyny that serves as a lubricant for male-bonding alone is enough to curtail overseas market destinations.

If Tatsuhi Omori's idea of representing angry young men by making them smash things and repeat lines like "I want to break out" already sounds trite, wait till you see the other cliches that pile up along the way as the two protagonists go on a meandering road trip, and like every Japanese film charting a 'journey of self-discovery,' reach the sea at the last stop.

Kenta (Shota Matsuda) and Jun (Kengo Kora) first appear prowling the streets chatting up girls. They settle on plain-looking Kayo (Sakura Ando). The two men are demolition workers raised in the same orphanage. They are bullied by the foreman Yuya, who was stabbed by Kenta's pedophiliac elder brother Kazu years ago. At the spur of the moment, Kenta and Jun wreck their office and disfigure Yuya's car with sledgehammers. They escape to Abashiri Prison in Hokkaido, to visit Kazu.

The film feels like a Punch & Judy sequence of Kenta and Jun picking fights with others or with each other. Omori wants to say that lack of education or opportunities makes them prisoners in a free society, but despite their oft-chanted mantra of wanting to "break through" and Kenta's self-description as "the type who cannot choose," they are never shown even trying to make choices, nor are forces of oppression memorably identified.

Kayo and Jun's relationship is an abusive cycle of using her for money and sex, then rough-handling and dumping her. Her chronic lack of self-esteem and masochism is more unwatchable than Jun's routine degradation of her. It's the old cliche of the oppressed taking it out on those weaker than themselves, but there is also sadistic glee in the representation, crystallized by the closing shot of Kayo smiling through a bleeding mouth just after she is thrown out of a car. The fact that Ando, the feisty cult-leader in "Love Exposure" is so convincing makes it even more troubling.

Technical credits are proficient but not noteworthy, except the spirited and hard-edged music. The song at closing credits sports ****, anarchist lyrics that flaunt an attitude the film itself barely manages.

Venue: Berlin International Film Festival -- Forum (Reviewed at Tokyo Filmex International Film Festival)
Sales: Asmik Ace Entertainment Inc.
Production: Little More Co., Ltd.
Cast: Shota Matsuda, Kengo Kora, Sakura Endo, Hirofumi Arai
Director-screenwriter: Tatsushi Omori
Producers: Tomoo Tsuchii, Tomomi Yoshimura, Asako Nakano
Director of photography: Ryo Otsuka
Production designer: Ryo Sugimoto
Music: Yoshihide Otomo
Costume designer: Iga Daisuke
Editor:Shinichi Fushima
No rating, 131 minutes

Credits to: http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/hr/fil ... 7246.story

Other Sources:
http://mainichi.jp/enta/cinema/news/201 ... 2000c.html
http://www.sponichi.co.jp/entertainment ... 15/04.html
http://ent.163.com/10/0215/05/5VHPU1N800033LIF.html


*****************************************
enggrrl, I also enjoy watching him in Meitantei no Okite and I agree that he is so goody in there compare to his other roles. I LOL all the time whenever he does those funny face expressions. Plus, I love your icon and sig.

pinkporca, In Regatta, I think he was kind of **** but w/ a cool attitude at the same time. I like his character in the drama though. It wasn't the best drama but I enjoy watching it. I wanted to read the manga version but couldn't find any.

User avatar
acidpopszero
Posts: 2
Joined: Aug 12th, '10, 05:38
Location: Philippines
Contact:

Post by acidpopszero » Aug 18th, '10, 15:30

He's definitely one of my favorite actors. ^^

User avatar
Chindhie
Posts: 6
Joined: Jan 15th, '11, 13:26
Location: Philippines

I DO ^_^

Post by Chindhie » Jan 15th, '11, 13:48

:wub: :wub: :wub:
i really love Shota Matsuda... :roll

... after watching LIAR GAME, im starting to fall in love with him. :heart:
:wub: i heart Shota Matsuda :wub:
Image

User avatar
salaryman
Posts: 18
Joined: Jan 24th, '05, 15:53

Post by salaryman » Jan 16th, '11, 14:48

Ive only seen shota in a few things. most notably Liar Game. He was great in that. Probably the coolest j actor I can think of. But he can be wild and funny if he wants too.

User avatar
Chindhie
Posts: 6
Joined: Jan 15th, '11, 13:26
Location: Philippines

Post by Chindhie » Mar 13th, '11, 04:34

is Shota Matsuda safe from earthquake/tsunami happen on March 11,2011 in Japan? =s

User avatar
nikid
Posts: 873
Joined: Sep 3rd, '09, 00:56
Contact:

Post by nikid » Mar 13th, '11, 09:21

i heard he's fine

User avatar
Chindhie
Posts: 6
Joined: Jan 15th, '11, 13:26
Location: Philippines

Post by Chindhie » Mar 13th, '11, 10:10

nikid wrote:i heard he's fine
..YES! thank you for the reply... :wub: :-)

ziliey
Posts: 135
Joined: Sep 22nd, '10, 14:02
Location: Maldives

Post by ziliey » Mar 13th, '11, 11:15

Isn't he fine???
I love him!!!
I hope him and his family are fine!!
:D

User avatar
Chindhie
Posts: 6
Joined: Jan 15th, '11, 13:26
Location: Philippines

Post by Chindhie » Mar 13th, '11, 11:36

ziliey wrote:Isn't he fine???
I love him!!!
I hope him and his family are fine!!
:D
according to 'nikid' he's fine... :-) me too, i love him :thumright:

ziliey
Posts: 135
Joined: Sep 22nd, '10, 14:02
Location: Maldives

Post by ziliey » Mar 13th, '11, 11:50

Yogathhaa!!!!!!
I hope that Japan can recover from this...

User avatar
el_lady
Posts: 74
Joined: Sep 9th, '08, 23:16

Post by el_lady » Mar 27th, '11, 19:05

salaryman wrote:Ive only seen shota in a few things. most notably Liar Game. He was great in that. Probably the coolest j actor I can think of. But he can be wild and funny if he wants too.
I love his funny and shy side when he's on tv shows.

User avatar
iluvasiandrama
Posts: 680
Joined: May 23rd, '09, 00:06
Location: USA

Post by iluvasiandrama » Apr 1st, '11, 14:59

I didn't realize how HOT this actor really is! :heart: Currently watching him in Tsuki no Koibito and he is so smooth. I can't wait to see more of him. I have a feeling that I have seen him in a few dramas already. :unsure:
Now watching: Need to find some new dramas

User avatar
el_lady
Posts: 74
Joined: Sep 9th, '08, 23:16

Post by el_lady » Oct 12th, '11, 21:50

New pictures of Matsuda Shota at the Busan International Film Festival.

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image
He reminds me of his Jotei look in this picture.

User avatar
railise
Posts: 85
Joined: Nov 15th, '15, 17:33
Location: PA, USA
Contact:

Re: Matsuda Shota Fans?

Post by railise » Mar 25th, '16, 22:11

Resurrecting an old thread, but in a good cause! :D I just started watching Jdramas last summer, but have been on kind of a binge ever since, and Matsuda Shota's quickly become my favorite Japanese actor. He picks such different characters and does a great job with all of them (that he's gorgeous helps, too, lol)! Yet, I'm not seeing a whole lot of fan action for him lately-- no posts on Tumblrs or LJ's in a couple of years, and over four years in this thread. Especially since he's got a new show coming out on April 12, I figured I'd see if he's still got any fans floating around here. :-)

The first trailer for the new show, Dias Police: Ihou Keisatsu, plus a small behind-the-scenes video, are on Crunchyroll. Apparently, they had him shoot the first trailer, himself:
Image

Plot summary from here:
About 150,000 illegal entrants live in Tokyo. They are not recognised as refugees and live in poor conditions. To protect themselves, the illegals create a secret organisation. The organisation has a bank which Japanese Financial Services Agency is not involved with, a hospital that is not authorized by Japanese Ministry of Health, Labour, and Welfare and an illegals police force called "Dias Police." The only police officer in the organisation is Saki Kubozuka (Shota Matsuda). His age and nationality is unknown. Saki Kubozuka does not speak much, but he has a warm heart and strong sense of justice. He takes care of the weak and tries to maintain public order.
Interesting look, too-- I like it:
Image

Anyway, just thought I'd see if I could drum up some conversation! :-)
Last edited by railise on Mar 25th, '16, 22:12, edited 1 time in total.

RyuShota
Posts: 9
Joined: Oct 16th, '13, 08:06
Location: Matsuda brothers' souls

Re: Matsuda Shota Fans?

Post by RyuShota » Mar 31st, '16, 23:51

railise wrote:Resurrecting an old thread, but in a good cause! :D I just started watching Jdramas last summer, but have been on kind of a binge ever since, and Matsuda Shota's quickly become my favorite Japanese actor. He picks such different characters and does a great job with all of them (that he's gorgeous helps, too, lol)! Yet, I'm not seeing a whole lot of fan action for him lately-- no posts on Tumblrs or LJ's in a couple of years, and over four years in this thread. Especially since he's got a new show coming out on April 12, I figured I'd see if he's still got any fans floating around here. :-)

The first trailer for the new show, Dias Police: Ihou Keisatsu, plus a small behind-the-scenes video, are on Crunchyroll. Apparently, they had him shoot the first trailer, himself:
Image

Plot summary from here:
About 150,000 illegal entrants live in Tokyo. They are not recognised as refugees and live in poor conditions. To protect themselves, the illegals create a secret organisation. The organisation has a bank which Japanese Financial Services Agency is not involved with, a hospital that is not authorized by Japanese Ministry of Health, Labour, and Welfare and an illegals police force called "Dias Police." The only police officer in the organisation is Saki Kubozuka (Shota Matsuda). His age and nationality is unknown. Saki Kubozuka does not speak much, but he has a warm heart and strong sense of justice. He takes care of the weak and tries to maintain public order.
Interesting look, too-- I like it:
Image

Anyway, just thought I'd see if I could drum up some conversation! :-)
It's been a very long time since my last time here :D And you surprise me with your comment about Shota! I'm his big fan since I was 13 years old after watching Nagai Sanpo (and I'm now 24 LOL). So far Shota and his older brother Ryuhei Matsuda are my most favourite actors xD Hope you will support him for a long long timeeeee! I can't wait to see his new project Dias Police and Over Fence, yah~~~~

User avatar
railise
Posts: 85
Joined: Nov 15th, '15, 17:33
Location: PA, USA
Contact:

Re: Matsuda Shota Fans?

Post by railise » Apr 1st, '16, 02:25

RyuShota wrote:It's been a very long time since my last time here :D
Yay!! Glad you came by to comment-- hello!! :D :D
RyuShota wrote:And you surprise me with your comment about Shota!
I'm mostly surprised that there's not more conversation about him-- he's done so much really great work since the last posts I'm seeing about him. Let's get more comments going! :wink:
RyuShota wrote:I'm his big fan since I was 13 years old after watching Nagai Sanpo (and I'm now 24 LOL).
Awesome!! Nagai Sanpo is still on my list of things to watch (I had a little trouble tracking it down, but finally found it), but I've seen most of his work so far. Umi no Ue no Shinryoujo was probably the third or fourth Jdrama I saw. Then, about a month later, I was watching Liar Game and wondered what else Akiyama's actor had been in. When I looked him up, I couldn't believe he was also Kota-- the characters were SO different. That's when I started tracking down more of his work-- his versatility really interested me. (Also, hotness, hahaha. But that goes without saying...)

I'm actually kinda bummed I'm starting to run out of things to watch that he's in, lol. All I've got left is half of Top Caster, Nagai Sanpo, Sweet Poolside (still hoping to find subtitles for it, but I might have to just watch it without subs and see how much I understand), the two Taiga dramas, and Rokumeikan (which I can't seem to get anywhere, with or without subs :( ). Also, A Cheerful Gang Turns the Earth, but I just got the DVD in the mail today and am watching it as soon as I finish posting this. 8) So yes, I'm super excited for Dias Police and Over Fence, too-- the more Shota, the better!!
RyuShota wrote:So far Shota and his older brother Ryuhei Matsuda are my most favourite actors xD Hope you will support him for a long long timeeeee! I can't wait to see his new project Dias Police and Over Fence, yah~~~~
Somehow, despite the list of dramas/films I've watched since last year, I haven't seen Ryuhei in anything yet-- I need to fix that. :P But it's safe to say I'll be a Shota supporter for ages, lol; once I find an actor/actress I really like, I tend to follow their work as long as there's work to follow-- and there's always rewatching if they take a break.

What's your favorite drama or movie he's done? (Or, favorites... I think it'd be hard to pick just one. :D)

RyuShota
Posts: 9
Joined: Oct 16th, '13, 08:06
Location: Matsuda brothers' souls

Re: Matsuda Shota Fans?

Post by RyuShota » May 17th, '16, 13:16

railise wrote:Awesome!! Nagai Sanpo is still on my list of things to watch (I had a little trouble tracking it down, but finally found it), but I've seen most of his work so far. Umi no Ue no Shinryoujo was probably the third or fourth Jdrama I saw. Then, about a month later, I was watching Liar Game and wondered what else Akiyama's actor had been in. When I looked him up, I couldn't believe he was also Kota-- the characters were SO different. That's when I started tracking down more of his work-- his versatility really interested me. (Also, hotness, hahaha. But that goes without saying...)
Haha thats what Shota is! I also adore him because of his personalities :P hope you are following him on Instagram too :cheers: ! Lately I re-watched all Liar Game seasons :D so so so into Akiyama~ :wub:
railise wrote:I'm actually kinda bummed I'm starting to run out of things to watch that he's in, lol. All I've got left is half of Top Caster, Nagai Sanpo, Sweet Poolside (still hoping to find subtitles for it, but I might have to just watch it without subs and see how much I understand), the two Taiga dramas, and Rokumeikan (which I can't seem to get anywhere, with or without subs :( ). Also, A Cheerful Gang Turns the Earth, but I just got the DVD in the mail today and am watching it as soon as I finish posting this. 8) So yes, I'm super excited for Dias Police and Over Fence, too-- the more Shota, the better!!
Oh wow I'm so jealous :cry: except for his photobook, I don't have any Shota's dvd :cry: . Sweet Poolside, well, Shota just shows up in 2-3 scenes (and 30-60s each LOLLL) :stress: so disappointed I am... But it's paramount to watch if you are Shota's crazy fan like me, just to see how handsome and brilliant he is!!! I was almost dead because of his hairstyle in the movie. SOOO CHARMING be careful!!!

Hmm I have Rokumeikan without sub :-< Top Caster is good and Nagai Sanpo is outstanding!
railise wrote:Somehow, despite the list of dramas/films I've watched since last year, I haven't seen Ryuhei in anything yet-- I need to fix that. :P But it's safe to say I'll be a Shota supporter for ages, lol; once I find an actor/actress I really like, I tend to follow their work as long as there's work to follow-- and there's always rewatching if they take a break.

What's your favorite drama or movie he's done? (Or, favorites... I think it'd be hard to pick just one. :D)
Strongly recommend you to watch Ryuhei works xD Excellent I must say! :salut: Maybe I will be so happy to have you on board xD I love love love Matsuda brothers! Let me see, its hard as you said so give me permit to choose me than one :-<

Movie: Nagai Sanpo -> A Crowd of Three -> Ikigami -> Hard Romanticker
Drama: Liar Game (of course, right :sweat: ?) = Don Quixote (one of my Jap dramas!) -> Love Shuffle -> Jotei
TV Movie: Koko ni Aru Shiawase -> Poem of Love :salut:

How about youuuu? And have you watched Dias Police, havent you? I saw you in that subtitle topic :D I've just seen the 1st ep. He's so handsome but it's tooooo shortttttt didnt event reach 30' .___.

User avatar
railise
Posts: 85
Joined: Nov 15th, '15, 17:33
Location: PA, USA
Contact:

Re: Matsuda Shota Fans?

Post by railise » May 17th, '16, 13:51

RyuShota wrote:I also adore him because of his personalities :P
Unfortunately, I haven't been able to find more than a couple of interviews that are translated, so I don't have a very good idea of what he's like (at least, in public) other than a bit on the quiet/reserved side. But the few things I have been able to read/watch he seems lovely in. :)
RyuShota wrote:hope you are following him on Instagram too :cheers: !
I sure am!! :D And that has given a teensy bit more insight into his personality, which is fun, lol.
RyuShota wrote:Lately I re-watched all Liar Game seasons :D so so so into Akiyama~ :wub:
Totally!! SUCH a great series and character!
RyuShota wrote:Oh wow I'm so jealous :cry: except for his photobook, I don't have any Shota's dvd :cry: . Sweet Poolside, well, Shota just shows up in 2-3 scenes (and 30-60s each LOLLL) :stress: so disappointed I am... But it's paramount to watch if you are Shota's crazy fan like me, just to see how handsome and brilliant he is!!! I was almost dead because of his hairstyle in the movie. SOOO CHARMING be careful!!! Hmm I have Rokumeikan without sub :-< Top Caster is good and Nagai Sanpo is outstanding!
I have kind of a DVD collection, so it had to include Shota. ;) Too bad he's not in Sweet Poolside more, but something is better than nothing. :D I've seen Top Caster and Rokumeikan since my last post (unfortunately, no subs for Rokumeikan either but I gave it a shot), and LOVED Top Caster! I got the gist of Rokumeikan but couldn't figure out a few of the relationships or what motivated Shota's character, so that'll have to wait until somebody subs it (unlikely) or I get better at Japanese, lol.
RyuShota wrote:Strongly recommend you to watch Ryuhei works xD
I've since watched Mahoro Ekimae Bangaichi and really enjoyed that! :)
RyuShota wrote:Let me see, its hard as you said so give me permit to choose me than one :-<
Movie: Nagai Sanpo -> A Crowd of Three -> Ikigami -> Hard Romanticker
Drama: Liar Game (of course, right :sweat: ?) = Don Quixote (one of my Jap dramas!) -> Love Shuffle -> Jotei
TV Movie: Koko ni Aru Shiawase -> Poem of Love :salut:
How about youuuu?
It IS so hard to pick!! I'm something of a comedy fan, so that has something to do with my picks:
Movie: A Cheerful Gang Turns the Earth, Waruboro, Afro Tanaka
Drama: Love Shuffle, Liar Game, Umi no Ue no Shinryujo
TV Movie: same!! Koko ni Aru Shiawase is wonderful!! :)
RyuShota wrote:And have you watched Dias Police, havent you? I saw you in that subtitle topic :D I've just seen the 1st ep. He's so handsome but it's tooooo shortttttt didnt event reach 30' .___.
I'm watching, yup!! And rewatching, both with subs and without, lol. I do wish it was longer also. :P

I made a brief gif of my favorite scene, too:
Image
:D

JackBauer2424
Posts: 175
Joined: May 11th, '15, 04:48

Re: Matsuda Shota Fans?

Post by JackBauer2424 » Aug 6th, '16, 08:06

Not really a fan of the pretty boys from Hana Yori Dango's "world famous" F4. He also played a big d-bag in a Kimura Takuya series, maybe Tsuki no Koibito, I think the one with the China factory and Chinese actress.

Another irritating guy is the guy from 35 Sai Koukou Sei who played the numero uno bully as if the B version of Tsubasa Domyoji.

User avatar
railise
Posts: 85
Joined: Nov 15th, '15, 17:33
Location: PA, USA
Contact:

Re: Matsuda Shota Fans?

Post by railise » Aug 6th, '16, 12:31

So, fellow Shota fans, can anybody else absolutely not wait for the Dias Police movie?? :D The trailer's been up on the website for awhile, and looks awesome!!

ecco27
Posts: 95
Joined: Apr 12th, '08, 17:21

Re: Matsuda Shota

Post by ecco27 » Aug 13th, '17, 19:36

I know it's not very active around here but I was watching an old Shota movie and suddenly I wondered what he had been doing lately but when I looked him up I saw that he hasn't been doing much! I thought of where I could ask this and the only place I thought of was here...

Are there any rumors going around about why he's been doing so few movies and dramas lately? I'd even be interested in hearing bad ones. It's just so weird to me! I can't believe he's only been in one drama in like three years, I'd understand if he was focusing more on movies but he really hasn't done too many of those lately either and none at all this year or scheduled for next year yet. I see he's still active on insta and in commercials and stuff.

I'm just curious is all :P

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 6 guests