Kimura Takuya

Discuss about your favourite Japanese Actors and Actresses
Jazzl

Post by Jazzl » Feb 12th, '09, 13:39

does anyone know how he and his wife met?

shosef

Post by shosef » Feb 13th, '09, 10:54

as far as i know....Shizuka was a guest at SMAP's show...they even did a duet...but i don't know if that's the first time though....

Scottishlass

Post by Scottishlass » Feb 13th, '09, 14:35

The following is public knowledge (and can be followed up in articles as well as footage):
Kudo-san was Kimura's and Nakai's idol during their teens and they met her the first time when SMAP was at MS performing in the early 1990's.
In 1997, shortly after Kimura had broken up with his long-term gf, Kudo Shizuka was musical guest on SMAPxSMAP and Kimura and her sang a duet together (their voices so do not match) and you can see Kimura was trying to impress her. I guess from that on they were friends and later lovers.

Kimura basically married his own idol :)

Jazzl

Post by Jazzl » Feb 13th, '09, 15:39

i saw this on youtube(the performance she did together wis smap, it was really funny) and kimura was really handsome that day but i didn't see that he tried to impress her. Only when he sang with her and had his dancing part.
His idol? Like hyde married megumi oishi? Cool.
I thought it was only a shotgun marriage.

Scottishlass

Post by Scottishlass » Feb 13th, '09, 16:54

Jazzl wrote:Only when he sang with her and had his dancing part.
And how he danced. It was like an eager puppy trying to get cuddles, Pick Me, Pick Me, Pick Me!!! LOL

cel

Post by cel » Mar 23rd, '09, 12:46

Hello everyone
Doesn't Takuya have any dorama for this year?
Haven't read much about him except
his movie with Josh Hartnett.

tkah

Post by tkah » Mar 23rd, '09, 13:40

I was wondering the same thing. Even news on the movie with Josh Hartnett is very quiet. Hopefully it will be released soon.

Scottishlass

Post by Scottishlass » Mar 23rd, '09, 14:33

In WHAT'S UP SMAP he said something about a dorama (or SP) and that is why he dyed his hair darkish again. But nothing definite is known.

sahansah

Post by sahansah » Mar 23rd, '09, 23:50

oooo that sounds promising and the movie sounds interesting as well...just hope Kimura has a good role and is appreciated by movie-goers and critics alike the world over.

Hmmm if its a special I wonder if it'll be an one-off special or a special of one of his previous dramas? Perhaps Change? doubt that but hopefully it'll be something interesting.

inthecoldbreeze

Post by inthecoldbreeze » Mar 24th, '09, 05:44

his film with josh is "I come with the rain", and the last i heard about it was a 2009 release. i really hope they push through! :) the trailer looks great :)

tkah

Post by tkah » Mar 24th, '09, 05:49

I hope there is some definite news soon. I am having withdrawal symptoms. LOL

shosef

Post by shosef » Mar 27th, '09, 14:33

yeah me too...i love the fact that some scenes there are shot here in my hometown....it's been so long already i wish they'll release it soon...

peachydomo

Post by peachydomo » Apr 6th, '09, 02:29

He's going to be in a new drama this spring!

It's going to be called "MR.BRAIN" according to Tokyograph.

http://www.tokyograph.com/news/id-4591

Ayase Haruka and Hiro Mizushima are supporting cast members too! This sounds it'll be an interesting one to catch.

Karate-ka

Post by Karate-ka » Apr 6th, '09, 10:34

SMAP CONSIDERT for the live action Ninja Scroll???
Producer Leonardo DiCaprio reportedly intends to "cast with Japanese people"

The Nikkan Sports newspaper reports that Hollywood figure Leonardo DiCaprio is considering casting Japan's SMAP entertainment group as the main leads in Warner Brothers and Appian Way's proposed live-action adaptation of the Ninja Scroll anime. Yoshiaki Kawajiri wrote and directed the original 1993 anime about a wandering ninja fighting a conspiracy of demons. Appian Way is DiCaprio's production company which acquired the rights to the anime last year. In addition to performing a string of hit singles, the five members of SMAP — Masahiro Nakai, Takuya Kimura, Tsuyoshi Kusanagi, Goro Inagaki and Shingo Katori — have acted in many films based on manga and anime. However, they have not acted together in the same film since 1994's Shoot.

According to Nikkan Sports, casting is in progress with DiCaprio's expressed intention to "cast with Japanese people." In November, DiCaprio told MTV's Splash Page that he is producing both this project and the proposed live-action adaptation of the Akira anime for Warner and Appian Way, but emphasized that he does "not really" have any interest in acting in them. In the same interview he professed to be a big fan of both Akira and Ninja Scroll, and added, "I know there a lot of loyal fans out there of the project and die-hard fans, so we're going to try to do the best job we possibly can and we're not going to make the movie until the script is in the right shape."

At a SMAP event at the end of last year, Nakai said, "I want to do a movie with [all the members of] SMAP." SMAP's agency told Nikkan Sports, "We have no official comment, but if this comes to fruition, we would certainly want to consider it strongly."
[/url]

peachydomo

Post by peachydomo » Apr 6th, '09, 13:25

Karate-ka wrote:SMAP CONSIDERT for the live action Ninja Scroll???

The Nikkan Sports newspaper reports that Hollywood figure Leonardo DiCaprio is considering casting Japan's SMAP entertainment group as the main leads in Warner Brothers and Appian Way's proposed live-action adaptation of the Ninja Scroll anime. Yoshiaki Kawajiri wrote and directed the original 1993 anime about a wandering ninja fighting a conspiracy of demons. Appian Way is DiCaprio's production company which acquired the rights to the anime last year. In addition to performing a string of hit singles, the five members of SMAP — Masahiro Nakai, Takuya Kimura, Tsuyoshi Kusanagi, Goro Inagaki and Shingo Katori — have acted in many films based on manga and anime. However, they have not acted together in the same film since 1994's Shoot.

According to Nikkan Sports, casting is in progress with DiCaprio's expressed intention to "cast with Japanese people." In November, DiCaprio told MTV's Splash Page that he is producing both this project and the proposed live-action adaptation of the Akira anime for Warner and Appian Way, but emphasized that he does "not really" have any interest in acting in them. In the same interview he professed to be a big fan of both Akira and Ninja Scroll, and added, "I know there a lot of loyal fans out there of the project and die-hard fans, so we're going to try to do the best job we possibly can and we're not going to make the movie until the script is in the right shape."

At a SMAP event at the end of last year, Nakai said, "I want to do a movie with [all the members of] SMAP." SMAP's agency told Nikkan Sports, "We have no official comment, but if this comes to fruition, we would certainly want to consider it strongly."
[/url]
That's pretty interesting. I've never seen Ninja Scroll before but it'd be pretty cool to see all 5 members in a film together!

Karate-ka

Post by Karate-ka » Apr 6th, '09, 13:42

I did only saw a part of it....

Sorvaseven

Post by Sorvaseven » Apr 6th, '09, 14:24

peachydomo wrote:He's going to be in a new drama this spring!

Ayase Haruka and Hiro Mizushima are supporting cast members too! This sounds it'll be an interesting one to catch.

http://www.tbs.co.jp/mr-brain/ :idea:

Peggy

Post by Peggy » Apr 6th, '09, 18:13

I have wondered if there will ever be any more uploading of the SMAPxSMAP shows. I enjoy the BISTRO and the sketches they do.

They are doing a few big shows this month apart from the weekly one. There is a 50 year of Fuji dramas that they will MC I think.

Anything from JE is very hard to find it seems.

Peggy

sahansah

Post by sahansah » Apr 7th, '09, 00:01

peachydomo wrote:He's going to be in a new drama this spring!

Thats great news! Kimura sure doesn't sit around ne?! And the supporting cast is solid as well with Ayase and Hiro - cannot wait for this drama. Only thing is that the date of the tokyograph article is the 1st of April lol, hope it wasn't some april fools joke XD

The premise to the drama sounds interesting as well.
Scottishlass wrote:In WHAT'S UP SMAP he said something about a dorama (or SP) and that is why he dyed his hair darkish again. But nothing definite is known.
This drama probably was what he was referring to then in what's up smap.
Karate-ka wrote:SMAP CONSIDERT for the live action Ninja Scroll???

[/url]
It would be cool if this actually becomes a reality. I have no clue what Ninja Scroll is about but if the plans to get all of smap to appear in it are true, I would certainly watch it.

As a side note I hope they don't totally ruin Akira with the live adaptation.

peachydomo

Post by peachydomo » Apr 7th, '09, 05:29

sahansah wrote:As a side note I hope they don't totally ruin Akira with the live adaptation.
Side note- I hope so too, is this the anime movie Akira??? Anyways that's off topic.
sahansah wrote:Thats great news! Kimura sure doesn't sit around ne?! And the supporting cast is solid as well with Ayase and Hiro - cannot wait for this drama. Only thing is that the date of the tokyograph article is the 1st of April lol, hope it wasn't some april fools joke pinch

The premise to the drama sounds interesting as well.
I was thinking that too! But Sorvaseven posted the link to the official drama webpage and I just checked it out. There's not much right now but there's a cast list so I think it's safe to say it'll happen! :cheers:

phalaenopsys

Post by phalaenopsys » Apr 22nd, '09, 10:37

Hi everyone i just found this about the movie "I come with rain" that maybe will be release on June in Japan http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xusgw2rUjew i want so bad to watch it :cheers:

jicks

Post by jicks » Apr 25th, '09, 05:42

^Thanks for the update! I've been hanging so badly to see this film, the cast is mind-blowing. Kimura-kun looks really good in the film, I can't wait to see how he goes.

As for the Mr Brain news... *fangirl squeal* xDD !!!!!!

8thSin
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by 8thSin » Jul 18th, '09, 14:33

Just read the news that Kimura Takuya will star in "Space Battleship Yamato" live-action movie, with Sawajiri Erika as the lead actress. This is not officially announced yet, but those close to the project says almost certain.
The anime series is one of the most well-known classic Japanese animes, and a new "revival" anime series will be broadcasted in December.

Sawajiri Erika is an extremely inconsistent actress in my opinion, but I hope it goes well. This is her first confirmed movie since suspension for "Closed Note".

http://topics.jp.msn.com/entertainment/ ... eid=101795

peachydomo

Post by peachydomo » Jul 19th, '09, 07:24

8thSin wrote:Just read the news that Kimura Takuya will star in "Space Battleship Yamato" live-action movie, with Sawajiri Erika as the lead actress. This is not officially announced yet, but those close to the project says almost certain.
The anime series is one of the most well-known classic Japanese animes, and a new "revival" anime series will be broadcasted in December.

Sawajiri Erika is an extremely inconsistent actress in my opinion, but I hope it goes well. This is her first confirmed movie since suspension for "Closed Note".

I just caught the news on Tokyograph too. I'm excited that Kimura Takuya's in another film (yay!) and I agree with you about Erika. I loved her acting in Tegami but the Closed Note conference fiasco left a bad impression.... :unsure:
Last edited by peachydomo on Aug 7th, '09, 06:12, edited 1 time in total.

Phillykat

Post by Phillykat » Jul 19th, '09, 07:52

8thSin wrote:Just read the news that Kimura Takuya will star in "Space Battleship Yamato" live-action movie, with Sawajiri Erika as the lead actress. This is not officially announced yet, but those close to the project says almost certain.

I'm not sure why they're bringing back this old relic but it'll be great seeing him in a science fiction movie. I hope he gets a role in Ninja Scroll, too. It's in pre-production now.

Peggy

Chuusingara

Post by Peggy » Jul 19th, '09, 21:19

Just began a rewatch of Chuusingara. What a powerful story that is. It has been told in different ways many times but I really like this one with Kimura san and the other fine actors.

I used to have his version of the young Oda Nobunaga but I lost it when my other PC blew up. I would really like to find it and d.l again. Does anyone have any link to this version or would someone upload it here please.
Million thanks.
Peggy

kellyhsu

Post by kellyhsu » Jul 27th, '09, 01:57

Hi y'all! Just wanted to let you guys know that a new Takuya Kimura fansite has been launched!
Go check it out: T.K Online // a Takuya Kimura Fansite
The site is still under construction...anyways, hope you enjoy your stay there! :)

kellyhsu

Re: Chuusingara

Post by kellyhsu » Jul 27th, '09, 02:04

Peggy wrote:Just began a rewatch of Chuusingara. What a powerful story that is. It has been told in different ways many times but I really like this one with Kimura san and the other fine actors.

I used to have his version of the young Oda Nobunaga but I lost it when my other PC blew up. I would really like to find it and d.l again. Does anyone have any link to this version or would someone upload it here please.
Million thanks.
Peggy
Hi Peggy, did you mean the bushi movie? Or some other shows? I'd love to help, but just feel a little bit confused... :unsure:

Ender's Girl

Post by Ender's Girl » Jul 28th, '09, 06:40

Hey Peggy, :cheers: I've just started on Chuushingura 1/47, heehee! :mrgreen:

My best friend DL'd Oda Nobunaga for me last month. (I'm watching this after Chuushi!!!) I'll ask her where she found the link and post it here / PM you about it, okie dokie? :salut: I do know where to find you, after all... :whistling:

@ kellyhsu: Um, the Bushi no Ichibun movie is a different thing, as the other two (Chuushingura and Oda) are TV productions. :-)
kellyhsu wrote:Hi y'all! Just wanted to let you guys know that a new Takuya Kimura fansite has been launched!
Go check it out: T.K Online // a Takuya Kimura Fansite
Hey, cool fansite! Wonderful!!! Count me in as a regular squatter, heehee! :P I noticed there's a link to the drama/film reviews. Do you accept contributions, the way spcnet.tv does? Juuuust asking... :lol

Peggy

Post by Peggy » Jul 28th, '09, 07:51

Hi E.G.

Trust you to find just what I wanted. You will be blessed if I can get Oda once more.

By the way There are two little scenes..or parts thereof that I can always remember.

One is at the beginning when Oda is roaming the countryside with his rough pals. They tackle and get beaten by some village louts. The next time they meet, watch for Kimura's eyes and facial expression as he is kneeling to pick up some fruit or stuff to eat and he turns to offer some to the other leader. Thus he avoids controntation... and I have the thought that this may turn out to be Hideyoshi. Not sure of that but just my feeling. Kimura does all this with his eyes. No dialogue.

the second memory is when Oda has taken over the leadership of his family and clan. It is still not very large or important and he arrives to make a formal visit with a Tokugawa lord. It is expected he will look like an unruly youth but Oda is in formal dress..looking very grand and serious and he shocks everyone. What a difference from the young rebel he was before. Kimura can do this with such style. Oda was always preparing himself for his future and when he went riding madly over the land he was learning everything about martial arts and planning of how to fight. His formal manners were kept quiet until he needed them. After all he was a samurai.

I have a real soft spot for Oda Nobunaga. I think he was a marvellous leader and he started the very beginning of pulling Japan into one country. I always felt it was wicked the way he was betrayed. Oh well.. I alway like the bad boys.

Peg

Peggy

Post by Peggy » Jul 28th, '09, 07:56

E.G.

Forgot to say that I just did a rewatch of Chuusingura myself. It really is a fascinating story and true historically. The end scene always gets to me. Watch it right to the end won't you?

Peg

Ender's Girl

Post by Ender's Girl » Jul 29th, '09, 05:03

Peggy wrote: I have a real soft spot for Oda Nobunaga. I think he was a marvellous leader and he started the very beginning of pulling Japan into one country. I always felt it was wicked the way he was betrayed.
Betrayal! Treachery! Duplicity! Oooohhhh, harsh. :cry: Me likee... *rubs hands expectantly* Didn't know that bit about Japan's history, though. Usually the history books (at least, the ones I read in school) only mention Tokugwa Ieyasu and his shogunate posse. T'would be interesting to learn more about this Nobunaga feller. :wink:
Peggy wrote: Oh well.. I always like the bad boys.
Hard to tell... :whistling:

:mrgreen:

Re Chuushingura 1/47, I kid you not but this compact li'l tanpatsu is taking me the longest time to finish! I intended to watch the whole thing in one go two nights ago, but somehow the zzzzs caught up with me, haha. Should be done this evening... or my name is mud! I don't know why I wasn't exactly on the edge of my seat, when the historical account IS pretty fascinating. Still, that Kimura-Matsu moment was GOLD, baby, GOLD!!! :dance: Blatant, unabashed fan service (still riding high on that great big Hero kahuna from the same year, no doubt), but I didn't care!!! I just milked this line for all it was worth and all it could possibly mean, real or otherwise:

Outide the Asano clan's castle:

Matsu: "This is painful for me, too..."
Kimura: "Then let me ease it..."

Aiieeeeee!!!! *chews on big toe and reverts to the silly, mush-brained fan girl that I really am*

:alcoholic: Hahahahaha

What historical significance? What Edo Period? What Tokugawa Shogunate? What 46 vengeful ronin? Ehhhh...? :sweat: (Go away, Fukatsu Eri! Just go away and... cook something. :twisted:)

Hahahaha :alcoholic: Hahahahaha

Sorry. Am more sober now.

Okay Peggy, will get back to you when I'm done with this drama. Oh, and about the Oda Nobunaga link, I'll be at my friend's house in a couple of days and will make sure she shows me where she dug up that linky. :salut:

dabog 23

Post by dabog 23 » Jul 29th, '09, 05:39

hello everyone im just a newbie here but can u pls help me where can i watch love and honor kimura kuns movie thanks

Peggy

Post by Peggy » Jul 29th, '09, 06:42

Hi E.G..

Have to remind you that the Kimura 'Oda Nubunaga' is about Oda's young life. If you want to read a great deal more about all of Nobunaga's amazing life and his personality ,then there is a site which I will find for you. You have to take it little by little. there is so much to read about this guy. He was one of the first Japanese leaders to look toward the west in some way.. No stick in the mud at all.
Try..http://www.geocities.com/rainforestwind ... ng.htm#oda

this has lots of 'stuff'. Just scroll down to find Oda. I dare you to read all of it!!!. I am still dipping in to it at times. Fascinating.

Thanks for info from your good friend.

Peg

Ender's Girl

Re: Chuusingara

Post by Ender's Girl » Aug 2nd, '09, 09:19

Peggy wrote: I used to have his version of the young Oda Nobunaga but I lost it when my other PC blew up. I would really like to find it and d.l again. Does anyone have any link to this version or would someone upload it here please.
Million thanks.
Peggy
Hi Peg, my friend DL'd Oda Nobunaga just last month from livejournal.com (http://community.livejournal.com/smapxmedia), though she had to open an account there first. Are you a member, too? (I'm not... yet. :P) You can check out the link (provided you're a member) and the Nobunaga tanpatsu should be right there, waiting to be zapped into your hard drive. :D The quality is CD-ripped, so don't expect terrific screen resolution. But I'm just happy I'm getting to watch it, is all.

Hi dabog 23, you might want to join the livejournal community as well to get the link to Love and Honor. :thumright:

Peggy, I'm halfway through Oda Nobunaga and the plot's a bit sparse so far--not much "conquering" coming from the "fool who conquered Japan." :roll But like you said, the tanpatsu focuses on his early years so it's mainly about laying the groundwork for his character. What I'm really interested in is how his character will make that transition to sterner stuff as the story progresses... I mean, he can't be a "dunderhead" that mucks around the village, picking fights forever, right? :-)

BTW, thanks mucho for the Oda Nobunaga linky!!!! :cheers: What a fascinating, tragic life, that one. I feel like I know him so well now, lol. I wish TBS had done a renzoku instead--starring Kimura, of course! :mrgreen: Wouldn't have to be as loooong as... Jumong (hahaha), but enough to paint a more detailed picture of Nobunaga's vicissitudinous life. A couple of hours just don't seem to cut it.

[Slightly off-topic, but kinda related to Oda Nobunaga, hehe:] Speaking of tragic, heroic figures in history, you might want to check out Lian Hearn's "Tales of the Otori," this series of historical fantasy novels (cycle instead of series, rather, because the events in the 5th book end right before the 1st book begins) set in a parallel (and feudal) Japan. When the books first came out eight years ago, I instantly fell in love with this world of warlords and samurai and ninja assassins. There's love and honor :P and heroism and sacrifice and magical realism and tragedy and betrayal and all that great stuff. :lol I just remembered the Otori books when you drew the broad strokes of Oda Nobunaga's life, because there's a major character here who reminds me a lot of Nobunaga. :D A film version of the first book ("Across the Nightingale Floor") is currently in development, last I heard. (Come to think of it, Kimura would be perfect for the said role, heehee.)

kellyhsu

Post by kellyhsu » Aug 3rd, '09, 00:36

Hi Ender's Girl, great to see you here!! :D
dabog 23 wrote:hello everyone im just a newbie here but can u pls help me where can i watch love and honor kimura kuns movie thanks
hey Dabog 23, do you know there is a Chinese video sharing site called" TUDOU", which is pretty much like Youtube. My Chinese friends recommended it to me.There are a whole bunch of movies/TV shows on it. You might take a try. :-)

Peggy

Post by Peggy » Aug 4th, '09, 04:15

Hi E.G.

glad you are able to watch Nobunaga and really pleased you like the other site about him.

I think I am in the Journal. Howeverl it is all a mystery to me. I can never find anything that I want. why do they make ti so difficult to click on stuff. They should be more thoughtful for old ladies.

I just have to go on searching for a place to d.l Oda.

Fading here.

Peg

Ender's Girl

Post by Ender's Girl » Aug 5th, '09, 02:55

Hi Kelly! ZOMG, you actually let the beast loose! Hahahahaha *Sits back and waits for the flaming Molotov cocktails hurled by angry SMAP fans at Kelly's site* :alcoholic:

@ Peggy: Please check out the PM that I sent you! :salut:

dabog 23

Post by dabog 23 » Aug 20th, '09, 04:08

ohayoo, any news for kimura takuya fans out there?

Peggy

Kimura

Post by Peggy » Aug 20th, '09, 04:19

E.G.

the PM has vanished and although I tried the links they did not work for me. I have a bad time with Live Journal and I think that was the one you mentioned. I must do a square search through boxes and shelves one day as I am pretty sure I have this Oda Nobunaga tucked away somewhere. Just being lazy asking for links. sorry.

Peg

HypnoSurf22

Post by HypnoSurf22 » Oct 4th, '09, 06:13

Hi everyone. I just wanted to pass this news along.....

http://www.kawaii-joyuu.com/?p=2931&cpage=1#comment-828

BxLibra

Post by BxLibra » Nov 15th, '09, 14:08

does anyone know which days kimutaku and his crew (SMAP) will be in NYC!?!?! I want to go see them but I don't know which showing of katori shingo's play they will see.... :w00t:

phalaenopsys

Post by phalaenopsys » Nov 15th, '09, 19:54

I read that they will be in NYC on the 16th and maybe they will watch the play on the 17th

nuntapak

Post by nuntapak » Feb 9th, '10, 10:52

Hi! Have anyone known about Kimutaku's new drama coming this spring??

Sorvaseven

Post by Sorvaseven » Feb 9th, '10, 11:48

no, but there will be a movie in december...

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1477109/

TRAILER:
:thumleft:

Ender's Girl

Post by Ender's Girl » Feb 10th, '10, 05:02

nuntapak wrote:Hi! Have anyone known about Kimutaku's new drama coming this spring??
Depends on which tendril of the grapevine you choose believe. :-)

The buzz so far: (from LJ)

1) He's he's doing an adaptation of Les Miserables
http://uwasako.livejournal.com/62050.html

2) He's doing Hero Season 2
http://community.livejournal.com/japan_now/462316.html

I guess we'll never really know until TokyoGraph posts the official annoucement. :P

mrs_chiba

Post by mrs_chiba » Feb 17th, '10, 07:11

^ i am rooting for a HERO season 2!!

Hydeister

Post by Hydeister » Mar 1st, '10, 23:24

Kimutaku returns to getsu9 dorama!
Just a quick heads-up. Today they finally made it official that Kimura Takuya (37) is indeed going to star in Fuji TV's getsu9 (Mon.9pm) dorama next season.

His last starring role in the most prestigious dorama time-slot was 2 years ago in "CHANGE". This time it will be a full-blown love story again, something he didn't do since "Beautiful Life" in 2000. He already did so many different roles, but he still manages to make every new dorama a new challenge for him. In this one he will have to try himself as a company president.

One thing we already know is that there are going to be various love stories evolving around the company president, but no details about the female cast have been announced yet. We can already eliminate all those starring in other doramas next season and start predicting who it will be. Anyway, Kimutaku in a love dorama already ensures that there are going to be very high ratings again.
Source: KawaiiJoyuu

:w00t:

Ender's Girl

Post by Ender's Girl » Mar 2nd, '10, 00:22

^ Ahhhhh FINALLY, an honest-to-goodness romantic drama. :alcoholic: :alcoholic: :alcoholic:

Wait, no, wrong icon. :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:

MisS Lonliah

Post by MisS Lonliah » Mar 2nd, '10, 08:59

will be anticipating for his new drama :pray:

Parab

Post by Parab » May 5th, '10, 13:06

I was looking for interviews of Kimura translated in English but I was not able to find any decent one. If someone has read or knows something - please post it.
Although I know how good he is in acting I really want to know that he thinks as a person. :)

Ender's Girl

Post by Ender's Girl » May 13th, '10, 01:02

^ I go to this gold mine of a blog site for translated interviews, mag scans, and transcripts of his radio show, What's Up, SMAP:

http://www.wretch.cc/blog/gakinme&category_id=3081845

Enjoy! :cheers:

Peggy

Post by Peggy » May 13th, '10, 02:32

E.G.

Used to be a different Site to which I belonged for a long time. She is a very smart person and very talented.
Did you read Kimura's little talk (WUS maybe?) about who his character would be loving??? Funny thoughts about Shota. Kimura is a very open and naughty man. He gives nothing away about the plot at all but still makes you laugh about his own thoughts.
So wicked.
PS Have you received my PM re haiku yet??

Peggy

Ender's Girl

Post by Ender's Girl » May 13th, '10, 03:32

^ No, I don't think I've read that WUS transcript yet. Naughty, huh? This I gotta see! :lol

Re your P.S., I did get your PM and sent you a reply over at JDorama. :-)

Peggy

Post by Peggy » May 13th, '10, 04:20

E.G.
It is the first item on her Tsuki Koibito. Date 2010 4. 17 I think. Translation of his Q and A on WUS.

Yes got your PM. Glad you got them. I thought they were lost. I have been having problems with my PC.

Peg

thorned_sakura

Post by thorned_sakura » Jun 30th, '10, 03:14

sorry, i'm a newbie takuya fan and i just wanna know something...were takuya and matsu ever a couple?it's just that i've watched all of his dramas and find their pairing to have the BEST chemistry ever--not just compared with other takuya pairings but EVER!!!i'm sure i'm not the only one who thinks that way since they've made 3 dramas together and starred in two and that only happens when the management thinks your team-up works big time--especially in japan! i know takuyasan is married and all but i just want to know if there had ever been a time when the two were together?

...also, if they weren't, would you have wanted them to be?thanks

Karate-ka

Post by Karate-ka » Jun 30th, '10, 10:08

The newest trailer for Uchuu Senkan Yamato

Peggy

Post by Peggy » Jul 3rd, '10, 03:33

Thorned Sakura,

I can only give you my own opinion re Kimura and Matsu. They worked very well together when they were were younger. I guess they both came from the same production unit at that time. Anyway, Kimura is a great friend of her father and her brother. They are great Kabuki actors. Kimura was never in any romance with Matsu. Of course audience wanted to make something of their partnership in dramas. It never happened.

In my opinion I think Kimura was older in every way and more like a
'street smart' guy. Matsu was a cherished daughter and she was probably not the type of girl that Kimura would be interested in for anything except being friends. He thinks of her as his little sister. She is now married by the way and to a much older man. Not sure if her father wanted to part with his princess. I am not being sarcastic.He really treasured his daughter.

Matsu is a good actress in drama and on the stage which isn't surprising since she comes from such a renowned acting family. I happen to admire her brother very much as an actor . He was in the drama 'PRIDE' with Kimura. He is now the head of his Kabuki clan and has also introduced his little son into the theatre. It's a dynasty and full of traditions. Matsu also sings and writes songs and has a good recording career in Japan.

I bet that's more than you wanted to know.....:-)
Peggy

thorned_sakura

Post by thorned_sakura » Jul 3rd, '10, 19:48

Peggy wrote:Thorned Sakura,

I can only give you my own opinion re Kimura and Matsu. They worked very well together when they were were younger. I guess they both came from the same production unit at that time. Anyway, Kimura is a great friend of her father and her brother. They are great Kabuki actors. Kimura was never in any romance with Matsu. Of course audience wanted to make something of their partnership in dramas. It never happened.

In my opinion I think Kimura was older in every way and more like a
'street smart' guy. Matsu was a cherished daughter and she was probably not the type of girl that Kimura would be interested in for anything except being friends. He thinks of her as his little sister. She is now married by the way and to a much older man. Not sure if her father wanted to part with his princess. I am not being sarcastic.He really treasured his daughter.

Matsu is a good actress in drama and on the stage which isn't surprising since she comes from such a renowned acting family. I happen to admire her brother very much as an actor . He was in the drama 'PRIDE' with Kimura. He is now the head of his Kabuki clan and has also introduced his little son into the theatre. It's a dynasty and full of traditions. Matsu also sings and writes songs and has a good recording career in Japan.

I bet that's more than you wanted to know.....:-)
Peggy
hahaha... thanks so much peggy for the information overload!LOL

anyway, i love them both and i guess the reason why they have such great history together is because they are already comfortable with each other(of course, you can depend on the producers to bank on that!LOL)...i do agree with you that matsu is a very talented actress...she has a way that makes every line she says so natural and believable. As for Takuya-san, i first saw him in HERO and liked him then, and liked him more when i saw Mr. Brain...but i fell in love with him in his romance dramas--especially love generation!^_^ Now, my favorite is his character from "A million stars fall from the sky"...

i'm thinking of watching his non-romance dramas like CHANGE. However, i'm not so sure if my love for takuya is enough to surpass my hate for anything politics related!hehehe

btw, since you've mentioned it...which character was Matsu's brother playing in PRIDE?

Peggy

Post by Peggy » Jul 3rd, '10, 20:38

Sakura,

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pride_(TV_series)

This is a great Wiki page about 'PRIDE'

Ichikawa Somegoro is Matsu's brother and he was 'TOMO' in the drama. He does not often have time to do film or drama but I guess he enjoyed acting with his friend Kimura. He is a lovely actor. If you can find a drama called 'BRAND' he is wonderful in that. An older one but it is still around I think. Maybe on Dramacrazy.

Matsu does not appear with her family in Kabuki since only men are in those roles. They have to learn to do all sorts of stuff including play female parts.

You should see Kimura playing a female geisha doing a fan dance. He does it very seriously and had lessons (very briefly) from a real geisha. I think it was a special with Sanma Akashya on a SanTaku show. He even made Sanma do it, and amazingly made him stay serious and not laugh and fall all about as he usually does. The costumes were beautiful and the make up superb.

Peg

thorned_sakura

Post by thorned_sakura » Jul 8th, '10, 10:55

seriously?!LOL...that would be fun to watch!

i've only seen the clip where he imitated beyonce and did he ever nail the booty dance!hahaha

Peggy

Post by Peggy » Jul 15th, '10, 03:10

Kimura is really an amazing mimic. He once said that he only needed to see someone or something once, maybe twice, and he could do them or do it.

I loved his Beyonce.... those legs ! !

His geisha was beautiful and really very professional. He is amazing.

He once did a drama with an older actor. I can't think of his name at the moment. Anyway
he played a detective and he had such a special manner of acting. The SMAP group did a takeoff of this drama and Kimura was that actor. I mean he really was so close that I thought it was the actor and I kept waiting for Kimura to appear as himself.

So much talent.

Peggy

poonk
United States of America

Post by poonk » Jul 17th, '10, 05:38

Peggy wrote:He once did a drama with an older actor. I can't think of his name at the moment. Anyway he played a detective and he had such a special manner of acting. The SMAP group did a takeoff of this drama and Kimura was that actor. I mean he really was so close that I thought it was the actor and I kept waiting for Kimura to appear as himself.
I remember this-- I saw outtakes from it in the SxS Blooper special. The actor he was imitating was Tamura Masakazu and Kimura really nailed it. I'd only seen one show of Tamura's (Dare Yori mo Mama wo Ai su; it and he were wonderful, btw) but I recognized instantly who Kimura was imitating in that scene. He starred with Tamura in Kyosokyoku (a.k.a. Concerto) in 1996 so I suppose he had a good opportunity to learn to mimic his rather distinct mannerisms.

Peggy

Post by Peggy » Jul 19th, '10, 21:18

poonk.. :-)

Yes that is the actor. Kimura just became him. Really a little creepy how he does that.

I saw the drama 'Concerto.' Not really good but interesting to watch the acting.

Peg

wewa

Rapidshare removed. File could not be found error.

Post by wewa » Jul 19th, '10, 22:53

sizuka wrote::P I'm one of Kimura fan..

I already upload it here if you guys want to see it. Not really good quality though, it's a wmv format.

http://rapidshare.de/files/2705629/kimu ... o.wmv.html

trasuachieumua

Post by trasuachieumua » Jul 24th, '10, 03:06

Hi everyone :-)
T_T
sorry if I made topic off
But I have the title of 10 eps in Kimura Takuya' drama - Wakamono no Subete
and it was written in Japanese T_________T
Is there anyone who knows Japanese T______T would you please to translate it to me T________T
Here is it

1. 君を守るために  
2. 幸せになりたい  
3. 胸に秘めた思い  
4. 傷つけ合う二人  
5. それぞれの別れ  
6. その夜、奇跡が  
7. 友の死を越えて  
8. 帰ってきたあいつ  
9. 22歳、愛ある決意  
10. 誰も知ることのない明日へ

I tried to use google translate and this is the result:

1. To protect you
2. I want to be happy
3. I hidden in my heart
4. They hurt each other
5. Goodbye each
6. That night, a miracle
07. Beyond the death of a friend
08. He came back
9. 22 years old, decided that Love
10. Tomorrow without anyone knowing

Maybe it's right? '_____'

thorned_sakura

Post by thorned_sakura » Aug 1st, '10, 00:28

peggy, you're totally right!he is such a fine actor...i don't understand why other people are saying otherwise...

Peggy

Post by Peggy » Aug 8th, '10, 01:24

re Takuya's wife Shizuka Kudo..

I saw her last night on TV. She was on a show which must have lasted an hour but unfortunately I only saw the very last where she sang two songs. She looked marvellous. she is still very young looking and she looked so elegant in the dresses she wore. S simple and she sang extremely well. She can sing the most difficult melodies wiithout any effort it seems. No wonder Kimura had a crush on her years ago
even before they got to know one another.

She sings easily and does not indulge in those silly dance moves that some people do who can't sing. I do mean some of the girlie groups.....

Peg

MisS Lonliah

Post by MisS Lonliah » Aug 8th, '10, 02:13

Peggy, what is the name of that show?

Peggy

Post by Peggy » Aug 8th, '10, 04:05

Lonliah,

I think it was called 'Songs of our time.'.or (Generation'). I will try and find the site and see if I can bring up that schedule again. it was very small print and I could only just make it out.

Peg

This is the link..

http://www.tvjapan.net/en/img_pdf/aug1.pdf

Depends where you are as to which day you check. For me it is the next day. I am 16 hours behind Tokyo. You will have to zoom in to enlarge this schedule.

Peggy

Post by Peggy » Aug 8th, '10, 04:22

Lonliah,.

It's called 'Songs of our Generation' and it was a thirty minute show.
It must have started at nine o'clock I think, on Friday. Tonight the drama 'JIN' is on now (9pm) Sat. here

Tomorrow MR BRAIN is on I forget what time. sorry.

To enlarge there is a little icon across the top of the schedule you can click on that a few times to enlarge. Hope this works for you.

Peg

MisS Lonliah

Post by MisS Lonliah » Aug 8th, '10, 06:47

Thank you Peggy, that was a great help! ah we are 5 hours behind Tokyo here.

Hopefully, some kind people will upload it somewhere! ^^

Peggy

Post by Peggy » Aug 8th, '10, 07:13

Ah..Dubai. sounds a fabulous place. Do you ever see Nadal playing tennis there? I love Nadal

I was wondering if this Kudo link might be somewhere on Tudou. I am not smart about delving into that site. I wish someone would save this because I think it would be half an hour just of Shizuka and it is quite rare nowadays.
She speaks English so well. She must have worked really hard and she got an English person to teach her because she wanted the accent to sound 'English' and not American.Something about the broad 'a' sound I think.She thought it was softer. Not sure if I got that right but it's close.

Peg

Peggy

Post by Peggy » Aug 8th, '10, 07:31

Can't remember which thread I mentioned Kyoto gardens.

I found the link for NHK website but I still can't get the video for the halfhour programme that was entirely on special area in Kyoto with the mansions and beautiful gardens. It just shows a small part along with other things about Kyoto.
If anyone is able to get the show on video I would be so happy to know how you did it. I would love to see it all again. It is not just the gardens. It is about real people in modern history who were able to build their houses and make these gardens. I was impresssed and fascinated how they used water from Lake Biwa and built a canal to transport it through a viaduct. Originally it was for industry but people decided and voted that it should be for a beautiful park. From that they decided again to build lovely houses and gardens.

Peggy.

MisS Lonliah

Post by MisS Lonliah » Aug 8th, '10, 22:59

I did a quick search in Tudou then Google, but unfortunately didn't find anything.. will keep on searching for some days..

Well I've never been to a tennis tournament , I only watch the Dubai Tennis Championships matches on tv. Nadal didn't participate this year nor 2009 I think, but he was the Champion for a Championship held in Abu Dhabi (our Capital) earlier this year. Anyway, good luck for him at Rogers Cup! ;)

ah Dubai is fabulous indeed. A very hyper city! Hope Kimura will visit us one day~ *just to not go off topic* lol xD