[Discussion] Ikemen desu ne

Discuss Japanese drama series here.
User avatar
babygoober
Posts: 3
Joined: Jul 19th, '11, 06:01

[Discussion] Ikemen desu ne

Post by babygoober » Aug 13th, '11, 01:59

What do yall think of this drama so far? How does it compare to the Korean drama?

Image

Title: 美男ですね
Title (romaji): Ikemen desu ne
Format: Renzoku
Genre: Drama
Episodes: TBA
Broadcast network: TBS
Broadcast period: 2011-Jul-15 start
Air time: Friday 22:00
Theme song: Everybody Go by Kis-My-Ft2
Related TV show: You're Beautiful
Synopsis

The original Korean version aired in 2009 and starred Park Shin Hye, Jang Keun Suk, Lee Hong Ki, and Jung Yong Hwa. The story revolved around a fictional boy band named A.N.JELL. Park Shin Hye played a nun-in-training who has to pose as her twin brother and take his place in the group, leading to a complicated relationship between the group’s members.

A.N.JELL
Takimoto Miori as Sakuraba Mio (Male) / Sakuraba Miko (Female)
Furutachi Yura (古舘優空) as young Miko
Furutachi Kuu (古舘玖優) as young Mio
Tamamori Yuta as Katsuragi Ren
Tanaka Riu (田中理勇) as young Ren
Fujigaya Taisuke as Fujishiro Shu
Yaotome Hikaru as Hongo Yuki

http://wiki.d-addicts.com/Ikemen_desu_ne

brokenparadise
Posts: 136
Joined: Sep 16th, '08, 02:30

Post by brokenparadise » Aug 13th, '11, 10:31

I didn't watch the original so can't compare. So far its enjoyable. Ren & Mio is pretty cute.

A question to those who had watched the Korean version, did the girl had a slow number solo like in this clip?:

Love her voice and that song.
Also, any other differences with the original plot?

I read once that Tamamori (Ren) is using Fushigaya (Shu) voice in A.N.Jell songs/solos. Is it true?

User avatar
Issy
Posts: 2891
Joined: Apr 16th, '06, 14:10
Location: London

Post by Issy » Aug 13th, '11, 10:48

yes it has.

<iframe width="425" height="349" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/vA1-uTE-vDc" frameborder="0"></iframe>
Image

User avatar
jecca
Posts: 52
Joined: Jul 19th, '09, 09:12

Post by jecca » Aug 14th, '11, 00:23

brokenparadise wrote: I read once that Tamamori (Ren) is using Fushigaya (Shu) voice in A.N.Jell songs/solos. Is it true?
Yes and no. For the A.N.JELL songs, Fujigaya Taisuke (Shu) can be heard more clearer than Tamamori Yuta's (Ren). Like when you hear the group chorus of, for example, an Arashi song, most of the time (imo) Ohno's voice is much more distinct/recognized/louder.

Probably because Taipi is a better singer so his voice is louder in the songs. BUT it really is Tamamori's voice in the first ep where he sings in front of the children. I don't know who keeps on spreading those rumours T_T

jdrama vs kdrama
I liked the kdrama, and I LOVED the jdrama. The pace is quicker, no unnecessarily loooong scenes, the chemistry is great, the girl is a surprisingly good actress, plus there's a ~jdrama feel added to it. Of course, the initial reaction was the cast is not as good looking as the kdrama. But as I started watching the first episode, the guys weren't as bad. I'm a new fan of Taipi and Tama!
Currently seeding/watching: Ikemen desu ne, Ouran, Soredemo, Arakawa Under the Bridge, Tempest

User avatar
nell123
Posts: 67
Joined: Sep 17th, '07, 05:43

Post by nell123 » Aug 14th, '11, 18:16

jecca wrote:
jdrama vs kdrama
I liked the kdrama, and I LOVED the jdrama. The pace is quicker, no unnecessarily loooong scenes, the chemistry is great, the girl is a surprisingly good actress, plus there's a ~jdrama feel added to it. Of course, the initial reaction was the cast is not as good looking as the kdrama. But as I started watching the first episode, the guys weren't as bad. I'm a new fan of Taipi and Tama!
I agree. It is a very well done remake. I like the original and I like this version too.

Lludara
Posts: 60
Joined: Oct 4th, '10, 23:51
Location: Pensacola, FL

Post by Lludara » Aug 15th, '11, 19:05

I agree. I actually like the drama because of the quicker pace. Both versions are good IMO.

User avatar
biniBningPunkista
Posts: 1036
Joined: Jun 17th, '06, 14:31
Location: inside toma's closet
Contact:

Post by biniBningPunkista » Aug 16th, '11, 00:25

i was wondering why aren't there a lot of people posting in this page? the boys are honestly not as hot as the kversion but the jversion is pretty entertaining in it's own way. it is fast paced and you get the gist of everything in one whole episode which i like.

though i have tiny gltich with the casting. I wish they could have gotten a hotter counter part for Jeremy and Shin Woo :scratch:

and another thing...

Yuta Tamamori looks so much like Calvin Chen!!!

Image

Image

here's my piece of thought for it. click here

User avatar
babygoober
Posts: 3
Joined: Jul 19th, '11, 06:01

Post by babygoober » Aug 16th, '11, 02:16

I really loved the Kdrama...but I agree with a lot of the comments here! The jdrama has a faster pacing that I like. Also, the kdrama was pretty awkward or didn't make too much sense at some points. This jdrama is clearer.

But...
biniBningPunkista wrote: though i have tiny gltich with the casting. I wish they could have gotten a hotter counter part for Jeremy and Shin Woo :scratch:
I kinda agree with this! They could've at least done Yaotome Hikaru's hair better... :unsure:


Also, Isn't the Director too mean?? He was so nice and non-threatening in the kdrama.

Other than that... I am glad to hear that people are enjoying the drama. This is the first time I've watched a Korean drama and then the jdrama remake. And especially You're Beautiful is one of my top favorites!! So I was excited to see how it would turn out. :)

brokenparadise
Posts: 136
Joined: Sep 16th, '08, 02:30

Post by brokenparadise » Aug 16th, '11, 03:05

Thanks for posting the Korean version of Alone! the song is lovely in either language.
jecca wrote:
brokenparadise wrote: I read once that Tamamori (Ren) is using Fushigaya (Shu) voice in A.N.Jell songs/solos. Is it true?
Yes and no. For the A.N.JELL songs, Fujigaya Taisuke (Shu) can be heard more clearer than Tamamori Yuta's (Ren). Like when you hear the group chorus of, for example, an Arashi song, most of the time (imo) Ohno's voice is much more distinct/recognized/louder.

Probably because Taipi is a better singer so his voice is louder in the songs. BUT it really is Tamamori's voice in the first ep where he sings in front of the children. I don't know who keeps on spreading those rumours T_T
This is the first time I'm exposed to Kis-my-ft2 and Tamamori but I'm liking what I'm seeing. Just curious about Tama singing voice. Now people are saying he's using Kitayama's (kmft2 lead vocal) voice... I thought the singing was pretty good regardless. Seem like the fans are a bit bitter Tama getting more attention than the others.

Talking about Tamamori, his mannerism as Ren reminds me of Matsumo Jun. I'm pretty impressed.

The other a.n.jell members are cute too imo. i don't have any complains about it. Korean viewers aesthetics preference are different from Japanese viewers so the guys are more cute than hot just like the same differences fo Kpop idols vs Jpop idols.
babygoober wrote: Also, Isn't the Director too mean?? He was so nice and non-threatening in the kdrama.
I think its a parody of Johnny Kitagawa. He can be pretty intimidating and I think his meanness helps move the plot along.

User avatar
biniBningPunkista
Posts: 1036
Joined: Jun 17th, '06, 14:31
Location: inside toma's closet
Contact:

Post by biniBningPunkista » Aug 16th, '11, 16:53

brokenparadise wrote: I thought the singing was pretty good regardless. Seem like the fans are a bit bitter Tama getting more attention than the others.

Talking about Tamamori, his mannerism as Ren reminds me of Matsumo Jun. I'm pretty impressed.
When i saw Tamamori walking alongside Shu and the Yellow head guy in episode 1, i had this feeling of "Doumyouji aura" in his character. so that would basically point to Jun Matsumoto, but more on his character in HYD.

I like the smiling Tamamori compared to the smiling Jang Geun Sook in YB character. lol. i don't know why but i feel that Tama's smile looks more realistic and genuine.

Lludara
Posts: 60
Joined: Oct 4th, '10, 23:51
Location: Pensacola, FL

Post by Lludara » Aug 16th, '11, 23:45

jecca wrote:
brokenparadise wrote:
jdrama vs kdrama
I liked the kdrama, and I LOVED the jdrama. The pace is quicker, no unnecessarily loooong scenes, the chemistry is great, the girl is a surprisingly good actress, plus there's a ~jdrama feel added to it. Of course, the initial reaction was the cast is not as good looking as the kdrama. But as I started watching the first episode, the guys weren't as bad. I'm a new fan of Taipi and Tama!
This. I agree completely. I feel they should've made Shu and Jeremy a little cuter ..but overall they did a pretty good job.

I also kinda like the fact that in the jdrama it is more one sided on Shu's liking her (i felt in the Kdrama they kinda made her a little more interested in him) whereas in the Jdrama she's completely aloof of him.
Ren is definatly cuter when he smiles too!

I only wish there were two episodes a week...LOL!

User avatar
jecca
Posts: 52
Joined: Jul 19th, '09, 09:12

Post by jecca » Aug 17th, '11, 13:42

biniBningPunkista wrote:
brokenparadise wrote: I thought the singing was pretty good regardless. Seem like the fans are a bit bitter Tama getting more attention than the others.

Talking about Tamamori, his mannerism as Ren reminds me of Matsumo Jun. I'm pretty impressed.
I like the smiling Tamamori compared to the smiling Jang Geun Sook in YB character. lol. i don't know why but i feel that Tama's smile looks more realistic and genuine.
Yeah, he also reminds me of Matsujun as Domyouji! Tamamori's smile was sort of goofy and yes, realistic and genuine. I like Taisuke more than Yonghwa so I'm happy with that casting. I wish he had more screen time, though. And while Hikaru isn't Hongki, he has his own unique charms :)

Can't wait for the next episodes! I also hope they release the A.N.JELL songs as singles.

And have you followed "Katsuragi Ren" on twitter? @katsuragiren in case you didn't catch it during episode 4 lol :)
Currently seeding/watching: Ikemen desu ne, Ouran, Soredemo, Arakawa Under the Bridge, Tempest

User avatar
biniBningPunkista
Posts: 1036
Joined: Jun 17th, '06, 14:31
Location: inside toma's closet
Contact:

Post by biniBningPunkista » Aug 17th, '11, 18:22

jecca wrote: And have you followed "Katsuragi Ren" on twitter? @katsuragiren in case you didn't catch it during episode 4 lol :)
I love the thought that twitting is such a hype in this version. since in the kversion it was only in Mio's imagination that everyone knew he was lost and people are in great panic.. oh and btw... i tried twitting him. just for kicks. if he replies... that would totally make my day!!!!

then... it still makes me wonder if IT REALLY is him. LOL

where is that google translator pop-up when i need one??? :scratch:

have you guys seen episode 5 yet??? how cute is that bday hug scene??? I'm going crazy over that one :D and this part too...
Image
see what i mean about that smile? :D

User avatar
Arhazivory
Posts: 73
Joined: Jun 14th, '09, 09:35
Location: Jamaica

Post by Arhazivory » Aug 17th, '11, 18:54

Started this last night and I really adore it. It is a very nicely done remake that is distinctly jdrama-y. Hehe.

User avatar
jecca
Posts: 52
Joined: Jul 19th, '09, 09:12

Post by jecca » Aug 18th, '11, 14:41

biniBningPunkista wrote:
jecca wrote: have you guys seen episode 5 yet??? how cute is that bday hug scene??? I'm going crazy over that one :D and this part too...
Image
see what i mean about that smile? :D
I loved that part!!! When they were showing the 10sec break with the ads/sponsors and that seen was previewed in the background I was like OMG. I've watched the kdrama and most scenes are exactly the same as the kdrama, but for some reason, the jdrama made it new/exciting all over again.
Currently seeding/watching: Ikemen desu ne, Ouran, Soredemo, Arakawa Under the Bridge, Tempest

User avatar
enggrrl
Posts: 62
Joined: Feb 27th, '09, 09:10

Post by enggrrl » Aug 19th, '11, 10:38

I'm watching this but I've never seen the K-Drama. I agree that I thought Ren reminded me of Domyouji. I guess it's that spoiled bratty character that makes them seem similar. I'm liking Ren and Shu's actors but Yuki(?)'s actor doesn't seem the type to be considered an Ikemen...but everyone's got their own tastes. Personally I prefer Fujigaya to Tamamori, and feel so bad every time Mio leaves Shu for Ren.... The worst was when he bough her those shoes....it made me so sad (T_T)

Looking forward to tonight's episode!
Image

User avatar
Ryuuta
Posts: 99
Joined: Sep 28th, '08, 19:23
Location: Germany

Post by Ryuuta » Aug 19th, '11, 15:40

I didn't know about the Korean version, too because I don't watch K-Dramas
but I think the Japanese version is really great and after every episode I want to watch the next one

Yuki is very funny and I see a little bit of Nakatsu from Hana Kimi in him because of his fantasies etc
about Shu I only feel pitifulness and it makes me sad when he does all for Mio but she runs after Ren
when I first saw Ren I thought that he has a very cold character, but after his cleaning thing because of Mio's vomiting and the end of episode 2 I feel more sympathy for him
especially after episode 3 because he made the fake official dating thing with NANA (I hate her !) to protect Mio

User avatar
biniBningPunkista
Posts: 1036
Joined: Jun 17th, '06, 14:31
Location: inside toma's closet
Contact:

Post by biniBningPunkista » Aug 20th, '11, 00:20

I'm really happy this thread has reached 2 pages! it means people are actually watching and having inputs about the drama. i really hope this keeps coming... i love spazzing out about a current drama i am enjoying really well.
jecca wrote:I loved that part!!! When they were showing the 10sec break with the ads/sponsors and that seen was previewed in the background I was like OMG. I've watched the kdrama and most scenes are exactly the same as the kdrama, but for some reason, the jdrama made it new/exciting all over again.
i feel you there! honestly, i've never enjoyed a remake like this as much as HYD. this is by far the second jdrama remake/adaptation i have enjoyed.

there is so much similarity with the original but still has it's own charm. :D

i need to re-watch the K-version though because there are some situations in the jdrama which i think isn't in the k-version, but i just want to be sure. i was also waiting for that time when Ren is supposed to take Mio around the block and back to the building but they ended up getting lost instead, just like in the forest. since that kind of character was in the original. it shows another weakness of the lead singer of ANJELL - that is his lack knowledge when it comes to directions. it sort-of disappointed me that they didn't include that in his character. sort-of disappointed... but not much ^_^v
enggrrl wrote:I'm watching this but I've never seen the K-Drama. I agree that I thought Ren reminded me of Domyouji. I guess it's that spoiled bratty character that makes them seem similar. I'm liking Ren and Shu's actors but Yuki(?)'s actor doesn't seem the type to be considered an Ikemen...but everyone's got their own tastes. Personally I prefer Fujigaya to Tamamori, and feel so bad every time Mio leaves Shu for Ren.... The worst was when he bough her those shoes....it made me so sad (T_T)

Looking forward to tonight's episode!
I saw Yuki's face in a magazine clip and gaaad... the kid looked hot in it. i wish he just remained in the glossy pages and not in the screen. lolz. i'm being mean... but still! I want him to buff up a little bit. he's so skinny and his teeth are turning me off all the way whenever he smiles. T_T it makes me want to cringe every time i see his teeth.

as for Shu... if you've seen the kversion you'd feel the same. because I FELT the same for the KVersion, but not in this version which partly i think is because of Shu. i just don't feel the chemistry between him and Mio. the Kversion emmitted so much chemistry between the 2nd lead and the main actress that i almost wanted to jump ship! i just feel so sad for Shu that the girl he likes never gives him a side ward glance at all. *sigh*
Ryuuta wrote:I didn't know about the Korean version, too because I don't watch K-Dramas but I think the Japanese version is really great and after every episode I want to watch the next one

Yuki is very funny and I see a little bit of Nakatsu from Hana Kimi in him because of his fantasies etc
about Shu I only feel pitifulness and it makes me sad when he does all for Mio but she runs after Ren
when I first saw Ren I thought that he has a very cold character, but after his cleaning thing because of Mio's vomiting and the end of episode 2 I feel more sympathy for him
especially after episode 3 because he made the fake official dating thing with NANA (I hate her !) to protect Mio
the japanese version is great. it's short, concise and very very heart warming. :D

as much as i don't like Yuki, i can't deny that HE DOES act like Nakatsu!!! don't you find it funny when he talks to himself taking up that Nakatsu aura of being self conflicted? (oh how i wish yuki was Ikuta Toma instead. lol) this at least adds charm to his character, and for that reason alone i cannot throw him off in a corner and ignore him.

as for Ren, I HATED IT when Nana is trying to control the wits out of him. i'm like, "Die Nana b*tch. DIE!" and to think he's doing all of this to Mio without understanding himself as to why he's going all the lengths to do those things for her.

Also, have you noted that he, is trying to fish compliments from Mio??? I think that part of Ren is soOo cute. :wub:

User avatar
Ryuuta
Posts: 99
Joined: Sep 28th, '08, 19:23
Location: Germany

Post by Ryuuta » Aug 20th, '11, 13:33

biniBningPunkista wrote: Also, have you noted that he, is trying to fish compliments from Mio??? I think that part of Ren is soOo cute. :wub:
Of course I noticed :D
It was when he asked her why she chose to sleep in his room instead of Shu's or Yuki's
and he was obviously disappointed because she said "because you're the only one who knows that I'm a woman"

and other things, too
f.e. you can see how his bad character melts away when he is with Mio and is able to smile !
and I think that he saw Mio as a complete woman at the beginning of episode 3 was a very good thing because now he sees a woman in her and not as an imposter to get rid of like in episode 2



of course it's funny when Yuki talks to himself and with his fantasies it's more fun :lol
I don't know what will happen in episode 5 (I'm waiting for episode 6 with subs and then watch it together) but what I know is that Yuki will have more screentime and I think that it was time because the most screentime was for Shu-Mio and Ren-Mio so far

User avatar
howtwosavealif3
Posts: 81
Joined: Dec 11th, '08, 21:54

Post by howtwosavealif3 » Aug 20th, '11, 14:34

i dont' knwo anything about this drama but I saw a clip of the girl performing kotoba mo naku and wow it's so good. People on japanese websites were going on about how she's so good at singing even though her occupation is actress. I like it better than the koraen version.

SomeCallMeChris
Posts: 4
Joined: Aug 20th, '11, 03:03

Post by SomeCallMeChris » Aug 21st, '11, 01:30

I agree ;) I really like Miori's singing voice. I'm going to have to keep an eye out and see if I can get some of her tracks - I'm sure they'll be released on the soundtrack CD if nothing else. Obnoxiously expensive as they are, I might just have to get the soundtrack CD for this one!

User avatar
jecca
Posts: 52
Joined: Jul 19th, '09, 09:12

Post by jecca » Aug 21st, '11, 01:54

SomeCallMeChris wrote:I agree ;) I really like Miori's singing voice. I'm going to have to keep an eye out and see if I can get some of her tracks - I'm sure they'll be released on the soundtrack CD if nothing else. Obnoxiously expensive as they are, I might just have to get the soundtrack CD for this one!
I also like her singing voice. I hope they release a single as A.N.JELL since they've already performed (not live though) in several music shows.
Currently seeding/watching: Ikemen desu ne, Ouran, Soredemo, Arakawa Under the Bridge, Tempest

User avatar
enggrrl
Posts: 62
Joined: Feb 27th, '09, 09:10

Post by enggrrl » Aug 21st, '11, 02:25

She is a good singer, but I think she sounds like a girl. But then again so did Joey MacIntyre from NKOTB when they made their debut, so I guess if you think she's a boy, you'll just hear a boy with a high voice.

I hate Nana, but I love her assistant. He makes me laugh!

Friday's episode...eeeep! But there is a cameo by Shingo from SMAP which is really funny.
Image

User avatar
babygoober
Posts: 3
Joined: Jul 19th, '11, 06:01

Post by babygoober » Aug 21st, '11, 03:47

brokenparadise wrote: I think its a parody of Johnny Kitagawa. He can be pretty intimidating and I think his meanness helps move the plot along.
You really think so? This makes me feel better!

Shiget^
Posts: 52
Joined: Nov 1st, '05, 02:12

Post by Shiget^ » Aug 21st, '11, 21:10

Miori (Mio) was an idol before she belongs to a girl group called SweetS but the broke up last 2006:

SweetS - Sky


SweetS / on the way ~約束の場所へ~


Miori - One (Miori's solo)


honestly I like her voice better than the korean ver ^^

yeah president ando is parodying Johnny kitagawa when he says the "You" stuff is the way johnny talks lol

User avatar
enggrrl
Posts: 62
Joined: Feb 27th, '09, 09:10

Post by enggrrl » Aug 22nd, '11, 01:42

biniBningPunkista wrote:as for Shu... if you've seen the kversion you'd feel the same. because I FELT the same for the KVersion, but not in this version which partly i think is because of Shu. i just don't feel the chemistry between him and Mio. the Kversion emmitted so much chemistry between the 2nd lead and the main actress that i almost wanted to jump ship! i just feel so sad for Shu that the girl he likes never gives him a side ward glance at all. *sigh*
I think that's why I love Shu so much, it is totally one sided. I feel like you can tell he really likes her, (the actor emotes well) but that she doesn't see him as anything but a friend.

I liked Ren a little better in this last episode. I think he looks better with that bed head/no style rather than all done up.

Nana, Nana, Nana....I'm starting to love to hate her. Which is a sign of a good actress, when you hate the character passionately, cause if it's crappy acting you just don't care.
Epi 6
WOW! I actually really liked relaxed Ren, when he smiles naturally, I can see why people are drawn to him. It was so sweet the way he told her to stay beside him. *awww*.

Nana, she really doesn't care for anyone but herself, does she. She knows that Mio revealing herself will probably be the end of A N JELL, but she doesn't care. She thinks this will get her Ren, when in reality (if this was reality) it would kill any chance of him liking her. If she'd played nice, and found ways to help, then maybe he'd start to like her.

Telling Yuki and Shu to look for a girl...OMG...Yuki was so confused. I did love Shu coming to her rescue. He finally has an excuse to get close to her in public (and as a girl). Since Ren has Nana (sorta) he can't be the one to hide her.

Does any one else think that Ren and Miko/Mio might be half brother/sisters? Since Ren's mom 'lost' the person she loved (Miko/Mio's dad) when she had Ren, it makes me wonder.
Can't wait for next week's episode!!!
Image

Lludara
Posts: 60
Joined: Oct 4th, '10, 23:51
Location: Pensacola, FL

Post by Lludara » Aug 22nd, '11, 23:04

Enggrrl... Don't read this if you don't want to know what happens later in the episodes but to answer one of your questions....

In the Korean version - Ren's mother was in love with Mio/Miko's father, but he was married to another woman. He was a song writer, but didn't get ren's mother pregnant. He also wouldn't leave his wife for her in the end but wrote her a song (which is why she's trying to find the twins, so that she can publish that song). It's been a LONG time since I watched the Korean version, and I can't remember the specifics of why or how they fell in love but they def aren't siblings. You know how korean drama's are though, they want you to think that for awhile :D (Or...it could've been that he accidently got the twin's mother preggo, can't remember honestly..but i think he was married to to the twins mother).


And yes, I think it's good that Shu and her can be seen in public...but yeah...ren and her will always be drawn together....

bluedarkness12
Posts: 10
Joined: Jul 28th, '11, 01:19

Post by bluedarkness12 » Aug 23rd, '11, 02:29

Is it just me or does anyway find it kind of annoying that Mio cries like every 10 mins in each ep. This latest ep (ep 6) it basically seemed for the almost every scene she was either tearing or about to tear. This girl needs to man up a little bit lol

Skibblu
Posts: 30
Joined: Jul 19th, '07, 20:40

Post by Skibblu » Aug 23rd, '11, 08:59

Now that you mentioned it, she does cry quite a bit. I think it's because it's a remake of the kdrama, it tends to have melodramatic moments, and they tend to be important so when you condense all that into a short jdrama, voila?

I love the first ep of this drama actually, it was new material and so very jdrama. Other than that horray for the pacing. I also thought Shu and Yuki weren't cute enough, but they grow on you, that's the charm of jdrama.

Really random, but I like Nana's makeup artist, so stereotypically flamboyant and gay. XD

User avatar
enggrrl
Posts: 62
Joined: Feb 27th, '09, 09:10

Post by enggrrl » Aug 23rd, '11, 13:58

I find it annoying that she tears up constantly too, but I guess when you've been raised in a nunnery, you don't have to deal with your emotions all that much...and it does give her an excuse to make that pig face that Mabuchi taught her, which is really funny. You'd think she'd have realized it's not helping.
Image

User avatar
biniBningPunkista
Posts: 1036
Joined: Jun 17th, '06, 14:31
Location: inside toma's closet
Contact:

Post by biniBningPunkista » Aug 27th, '11, 03:31

Ryuuta wrote: of course it's funny when Yuki talks to himself and with his fantasies it's more fun :lol
I don't know what will happen in episode 5 (I'm waiting for episode 6 with subs and then watch it together) but what I know is that Yuki will have more screentime and I think that it was time because the most screentime was for Shu-Mio and Ren-Mio so far
I am now officially liking Yuki. (ignoring the fact that he's too skinny and his teeth are not aligned) still... this is a progress in my part. lolz. it's a good thing they finally came to the point on Yuki's screen time and more talking to himself. and the ALMOST kiss! wahahaha... i almost died laughing on that one. :lol
enggrrl wrote:I think that's why I love Shu so much, it is totally one sided. I feel like you can tell he really likes her, (the actor emotes well) but that she doesn't see him as anything but a friend.

I liked Ren a little better in this last episode. I think he looks better with that bed head/no style rather than all done up.

Nana, Nana, Nana....I'm starting to love to hate her. Which is a sign of a good actress, when you hate the character passionately, cause if it's crappy acting you just don't care.
Epi 6
WOW! I actually really liked relaxed Ren, when he smiles naturally, I can see why people are drawn to him. It was so sweet the way he told her to stay beside him. *awww*.

Nana, she really doesn't care for anyone but herself, does she. She knows that Mio revealing herself will probably be the end of A N JELL, but she doesn't care. She thinks this will get her Ren, when in reality (if this was reality) it would kill any chance of him liking her. If she'd played nice, and found ways to help, then maybe he'd start to like her.

Telling Yuki and Shu to look for a girl...OMG...Yuki was so confused. I did love Shu coming to her rescue. He finally has an excuse to get close to her in public (and as a girl). Since Ren has Nana (sorta) he can't be the one to hide her.

Does any one else think that Ren and Miko/Mio might be half brother/sisters? Since Ren's mom 'lost' the person she loved (Miko/Mio's dad) when she had Ren, it makes me wonder.
Can't wait for next week's episode!!!
i have to agree with you on that part of Shu's charm. it's TOO one sided and you could totally feel the unrequited love coming off in his character. it's too sad and yet... noble in some sense.

as for nana... i felt the same way during the Kversion. the antagonistic character was not sub-par at all. you'd want to seriously crank up and see them bleed because of that Diva attitude. Mio is such a sweet kid to see Nana bully her all the way without any pause. T_T makes me want to go inside the screen and smack sense into that wicked girl.

as for episode 6, i'm going to answer your last question in spoiler since this would also relate to Lludara's post. oh, and btw... i like Ren's hairstyle on a relaxed mode too :)
Lludara wrote:Enggrrl... Don't read this if you don't want to know what happens later in the episodes but to answer one of your questions....

In the Korean version - Ren's mother was in love with Mio/Miko's father, but he was married to another woman. He was a song writer, but didn't get ren's mother pregnant. He also wouldn't leave his wife for her in the end but wrote her a song (which is why she's trying to find the twins, so that she can publish that song). It's been a LONG time since I watched the Korean version, and I can't remember the specifics of why or how they fell in love but they def aren't siblings. You know how korean drama's are though, they want you to think that for awhile :D (Or...it could've been that he accidently got the twin's mother preggo, can't remember honestly..but i think he was married to to the twins mother).


And yes, I think it's good that Shu and her can be seen in public...but yeah...ren and her will always be drawn together....
if my memory serves me right, in the KVersion: Ren mother and Mio's father were both booming musicians. A composer and a singer - both are married to other people. Then Ren's mom broke up with her husband to be with Mio's father because that's how much she was in love with Mio's father, but he was too much in love with Mio's Mother to go over to Ren's mom. so basically, Ren's mother was disillusioned that the man really loved her.

do i make sense here?

so here comes in the song (which Mizusawa Reiko wants Ren to remake for her), was actually for Mio's mom and not Ren's mom... Reiko wanted to remake the song so she could at least tell herself that the song was really meant for her and not for the other woman who's actually Mio's mom.

Ren's mother is too much of a self absorbed person to even think of her own son and starts on dwelling on her past lovers kids so a piece of that person would still be close to her.

I'm not sure if they are going to adapt this same story line in the japanese version, but in the KVersion this is how it was explained... BUT since that has been almost a year ago and my memory has been too hazy, i may not be 100% correct about this. :)

but the bottom line is, Ren and Mio are not siblings... besides... netizens will kill if the two are really siblings! where would all those romantic feelings go, right? >_<

i'll say Mio's aunt is such a drama freak to come up with such a conclusion. :lol

User avatar
enggrrl
Posts: 62
Joined: Feb 27th, '09, 09:10

Post by enggrrl » Aug 27th, '11, 04:49

I peeked...
that's what I figured, but with JDramas you never know...think about all the mangas with brotherlove and sisterlove...they could have done it.
Hiding thoughts on episode 6:
I LOVED Yuki's reaction to the fact that Mio was a girl. He was so happy that he wasn't gay. It made me laugh out loud.

I am starting to warm up to Ren/Mio, the scene on the couch with her fingers glued together was just so sweet. Ren was so relaxed, not trying to force anything, it was cute. (But poor Shu *pout*)

OMG Ren kissed Mio!!!! Their reactions to the kiss were aweome, they were both so stunned. Fangirl squeel (even if I'm not a huge Ren/Mio fan). Then came stupid Nana...

Also big props for Ren and Shu's reaction to seeing Mio dressed as a girl. I love watching Shu's face just soften right up when he looks at her.

I also enjoyed seeing Mio bash the paparazzi with her bag. I'm don't like them.

I'm curious what Mio's aunt saw when she found Ren's mom on the floor...I'm guessing it was a scar from a ceasarean...which will fuel her theories about Ren's mom being Mio's mom
I wanted to come post right after watching, but figured I'd give it a day. I really have no life *grin*
Image

Skibblu
Posts: 30
Joined: Jul 19th, '07, 20:40

Post by Skibblu » Aug 28th, '11, 17:38

Did anyone see the next ep preview? LOLing forever over the guest star. :lol

anokas2757
Posts: 3
Joined: Nov 27th, '08, 00:47

Post by anokas2757 » Aug 28th, '11, 21:41

Skibblu wrote:Did anyone see the next ep preview? LOLing forever over the guest star. :lol
the idea of the guest star is greaa *.*
i really want to see that episode *.* *.*

User avatar
biniBningPunkista
Posts: 1036
Joined: Jun 17th, '06, 14:31
Location: inside toma's closet
Contact:

Post by biniBningPunkista » Aug 28th, '11, 23:46

this is one of my favorite high lights in episode 6: click here

I seriously rolled out laughing on this one. >_<
i'll spazz out again after seeing episode 7 :D

User avatar
Issy
Posts: 2891
Joined: Apr 16th, '06, 14:10
Location: London

Post by Issy » Aug 28th, '11, 23:59

I have been reading this thread from time to time out of fun. I have skimmed through ep 1-4 and as it was practically exact copy of k-version with faster pace ( which of course it has to be as Jdramas are not as long as Kdramas) with less attractive guys except the main lead I did not continue.
Regarding the parents
the guy's mom was in love with twins dad before they were born. But she was not a very nice person to begin with and had a reputation of going out with lots of singers (as she was a young singer herself back then too). Then enters the story, twins mom who was a very talented and promising singer and both mom and dad fell in love. Twins dad wrote a song which contained all of his love for the woman he loves but Ren's mom stole the song and made it look as it was written for her. Therefore twins mom heartbroken and pregnant leaves the whole music business and later on dies after having the twins. The dad also heart broken and sad leaves the music company's search of his love but learns about her death and raise the twins till they are 5-6 but he dies soon after because of illness and twins were left at orphanage.
Ren's mom then goes out with rich musician herself and gets pregnant with Ren. But keeps this fact hidden from public as mo one actually think Ren is her son and believe she is still single living only for memory of her old love (the twins dad). And she actually went back to him after twins were young offering to be their mom but the dad did not want. Mean time Ren was raised by his dad outside Korea.
That's why the problem starts when both know about the truth. Ren hates Mio because he think they are the reason for him not grow up with his mom and she practically abandoned him for the sake twins and their dad. Mio hates Ren because his mom was the reason for their mom's pain and sadness and her early death.
Image

User avatar
Love Angel
Posts: 342
Joined: Mar 5th, '06, 18:06
Location: UAE

Post by Love Angel » Aug 29th, '11, 09:58

I watched You are beautiful up to ep 12 and dropped it, I couldn't stand the unnecessarily long scenes and the acting of some of the cast. so I was hesitant to watch the Japanese remake. I passed by this thread and read the positive feed backs about this drama and I decided to give it a shot & I'm glad I did!

at first I wasn't sure about the cast since all of them are newbies but I was surprised by the actor who played ren, he really managed to pull off the character and I love the acting of Mio. you can feel the chemistry between them and how cute they are together.

I really liked
the birthday scene, it was so touching and I loved the acting of them both.
and I especially loved this scene in episode 6
Image

I really felt the chemistry between them in this particular scene and I had to repeat it for several times.

I can't wait to watch episode 7~

User avatar
jecca
Posts: 52
Joined: Jul 19th, '09, 09:12

Post by jecca » Aug 29th, '11, 14:20

Love Angel wrote:I watched You are beautiful up to ep 12 and dropped it, I couldn't stand the unnecessarily long scenes and the acting of some of the cast. so I was hesitant to watch the Japanese remake. I passed by this thread and read the positive feed backs about this drama and I decided to give it a shot & I'm glad I did!

at first I wasn't sure about the cast since all of them are newbies but I was surprised by the actor who played ren, he really managed to pull off the character and I love the acting of Mio. you can feel the chemistry between them and how cute they are together.
I almost dropped the kdrama around episode 14 (ikr, only 2 left lol) because I felt at some point it was getting ridiculous and it was going nowhere. I know the jdrama is basically following the same story, but I hope they tie the loose ends better than the kdrama.

And in my opinion, I like the jdrama lead actors because their acting is much more raw and natural. Awkward at times, but at least it's never over the top.
I can't wait to see episode 7. No subs yet, but I saw the first few seconds of the episode and it already has spoilers like the *kiss*. I'm not looking forward to the "big reveal" of ren's mom/mio's aunt, though. I hope they change something about it by making it not too melodramatic.
Currently seeding/watching: Ikemen desu ne, Ouran, Soredemo, Arakawa Under the Bridge, Tempest

User avatar
biniBningPunkista
Posts: 1036
Joined: Jun 17th, '06, 14:31
Location: inside toma's closet
Contact:

Post by biniBningPunkista » Aug 30th, '11, 03:07

Issy wrote:I have been reading this thread from time to time out of fun. I have skimmed through ep 1-4 and as it was practically exact copy of k-version with faster pace ( which of course it has to be as Jdramas are not as long as Kdramas) with less attractive guys except the main lead I did not continue.
Regarding the parents
the guy's mom was in love with twins dad before they were born. But she was not a very nice person to begin with and had a reputation of going out with lots of singers (as she was a young singer herself back then too). Then enters the story, twins mom who was a very talented and promising singer and both mom and dad fell in love. Twins dad wrote a song which contained all of his love for the woman he loves but Ren's mom stole the song and made it look as it was written for her. Therefore twins mom heartbroken and pregnant leaves the whole music business and later on dies after having the twins. The dad also heart broken and sad leaves the music company's search of his love but learns about her death and raise the twins till they are 5-6 but he dies soon after because of illness and twins were left at orphanage.
Ren's mom then goes out with rich musician herself and gets pregnant with Ren. But keeps this fact hidden from public as mo one actually think Ren is her son and believe she is still single living only for memory of her old love (the twins dad). And she actually went back to him after twins were young offering to be their mom but the dad did not want. Mean time Ren was raised by his dad outside Korea.
That's why the problem starts when both know about the truth. Ren hates Mio because he think they are the reason for him not grow up with his mom and she practically abandoned him for the sake twins and their dad. Mio hates Ren because his mom was the reason for their mom's pain and sadness and her early death.
Issy! i was surprised to see your comment here. lolz... i thought i would only be seeing you in kdrama threads. >_< thanks for this info! i do remember Mio's mom as an upcoming artist... but i wasn't sure about the real past. this was a great refresher. i hope they don't make the history too melodramatic in this version.

this calls for a You're Beautiful Re-run.
Love Angel wrote:I watched You are beautiful up to ep 12 and dropped it, I couldn't stand the unnecessarily long scenes and the acting of some of the cast. so I was hesitant to watch the Japanese remake. I passed by this thread and read the positive feed backs about this drama and I decided to give it a shot & I'm glad I did!

at first I wasn't sure about the cast since all of them are newbies but I was surprised by the actor who played ren, he really managed to pull off the character and I love the acting of Mio. you can feel the chemistry between them and how cute they are together.
That's the sad thing about Kdramas... sometimes they seem to drag on and on and on... then the ending sometimes doesn't become worth it. They are good in the beginning but the ending usually sucks. BUT then again not all kdramas end sucky like You're Beautiful. i like the fact that You're Beautiful had a good ending... makes me anticipate Ikemen Desu's ending as well. can't wait for that one revealing factor!!! :D (sometimes, in drama land... it's the journey that counts and not the end) :thumright:

oh, and btw... this is totally :offtopic:
Your avatar, is it from "The girl who leaped through time?"

linhdt
Posts: 4
Joined: Aug 30th, '11, 13:45

Post by linhdt » Aug 30th, '11, 14:03

I love this drama even thought i don't really like the K-version. When i watch the first episode, i fall in love with Shu and after that with Fujigaya Taisuke and Kisumai, love their music although i don't really like J-pop.

I want to say something so i regrister in this forum.

In Episode 7, i don't accepte the attitude of Mio. She promises to meet Shu's girlfriend and explain any misunderstandings but she doesn't come and doesn't tell him that. After that, when Mio meets Shu again, she doesn't really feel guitly and in her head there is only the kiss beweent Ren and Nana. I feel so sad for Shu and my heart's breaking when i see his smile, it's really hurt.

User avatar
Love Angel
Posts: 342
Joined: Mar 5th, '06, 18:06
Location: UAE

Post by Love Angel » Aug 30th, '11, 14:48

biniBningPunkista wrote: oh, and btw... this is totally :offtopic:
Your avatar, is it from "The girl who leaped through time?"
yes it is :heart:

I'm holding my self from watching the 7th episode raw though I know some of what will happen lol..hope the subs will come out soon~

User avatar
enggrrl
Posts: 62
Joined: Feb 27th, '09, 09:10

Post by enggrrl » Sep 2nd, '11, 13:51

okay....
the skywriting star was pretty romantic. But poor Shu....I think he needs me to mend his broken heart ;)
Image

brokenparadise
Posts: 136
Joined: Sep 16th, '08, 02:30

Post by brokenparadise » Sep 3rd, '11, 03:29

enggrrl wrote:okay....
the skywriting star was pretty romantic. But poor Shu....I think he needs me to mend his broken heart ;)
is this from ep.8? i manage to catch 10 minutes of it streaming before getting cut-off. I'm following Ikemen Desu ne but had only skimmed over You Are Beautiful which includes watching the ending climax between Korean Ren and Korean Mio. a question...
if they are making Miko pretending to be Shu's girlfriend, wouldn't it be awkward for the ending scene to be like the original?
Reading others reaction, it seems they are following the original plot so that's why I'm asking.

Skibblu
Posts: 30
Joined: Jul 19th, '07, 20:40

Post by Skibblu » Sep 3rd, '11, 12:16

brokenparadise wrote:
enggrrl wrote:okay....
the skywriting star was pretty romantic. But poor Shu....I think he needs me to mend his broken heart ;)
is this from ep.8? i manage to catch 10 minutes of it streaming before getting cut-off. I'm following Ikemen Desu ne but had only skimmed over You Are Beautiful which includes watching the ending climax between Korean Ren and Korean Mio. a question...
if they are making Miko pretending to be Shu's girlfriend, wouldn't it be awkward for the ending scene to be like the original?
Reading others reaction, it seems they are following the original plot so that's why I'm asking.
Yeah it's from ep 8, I quite like that scene actually since it's new I believe.

Regarding your spoiler question, what scene are you talking about..? :O

brokenparadise
Posts: 136
Joined: Sep 16th, '08, 02:30

Post by brokenparadise » Sep 3rd, '11, 13:47

Skibblu wrote:
brokenparadise wrote:
enggrrl wrote:okay....
the skywriting star was pretty romantic. But poor Shu....I think he needs me to mend his broken heart ;)
is this from ep.8? i manage to catch 10 minutes of it streaming before getting cut-off. I'm following Ikemen Desu ne but had only skimmed over You Are Beautiful which includes watching the ending climax between Korean Ren and Korean Mio. a question...
if they are making Miko pretending to be Shu's girlfriend, wouldn't it be awkward for the ending scene to be like the original?
Reading others reaction, it seems they are following the original plot so that's why I'm asking.
Yeah it's from ep 8, I quite like that scene actually since it's new I believe.

Regarding your spoiler question, what scene are you talking about..? :O
It's the ending reveal when
Korean Ren hugged Korean Miko in front of everybody. I haven't watched the whole ep8 yet but it seems the paparrazi-otaku might blow the story on the papers about Shu dating Mio's twin sister...
lol. stupid question based on my own presumption :doh:
I'm too attached to Miko's innocent image and A.NJell as a legit idol group so the situation of her "two-timing" Shu with Ren just doesn't feel right with me. :foot:

Lludara
Posts: 60
Joined: Oct 4th, '10, 23:51
Location: Pensacola, FL

Post by Lludara » Sep 3rd, '11, 21:58

Just got done watching episode 8....
Is it just me - or did anyone else think that the way Ren told Mio he liked her was just plain sexy? :D
I only understood parts as my japanese is very beginnerish (as in I pick up words and make my own presumptions based on acting).

I did like watching it this way because I got to enjoy all of Ren's faces, but what exactly were Mio/Ren fighting about in his room? I obviously know it was about what she said in the interview, but obviously couldn't understand the specifics...
Uwaaaa...I love this one more then the original one i think.

User avatar
enggrrl
Posts: 62
Joined: Feb 27th, '09, 09:10

Post by enggrrl » Sep 4th, '11, 07:43

I haven't seen the Korean version, but I read your spoiler. I'm not sure about the details of episode 8 as I don't actually speak Japanese but:

While that one guy saw Mio's face when she was dressed up, I don't know if it's been leaked that the girl in Shu's arms is 'Mio's' twin Miko or not, cause I missed the first 15 mins of the episode.
I do know that Mabuchi was trying to send Shu and Mio off on some trip together. I don't know why, if it was supposed to be a romantic getaway or not. Shu finally says something to Mio and gives her her ticket saying come with me (or that was my impression). Then there's a page for butausagi (pig-rabbit) and Mio sees the big skywriting star. She then heads out to find Ren.
I just watched 7 subbed, and
was so sad for Shu again. I didn't realize he'd asked Mio if she liked Ren. He just emotes so much feeling for her!!! ;_; Ren's reaction to Mio liking him was funny, but a little egotistical with the whole "you can like me' but not admiting that he likes her back...I just wanted to hit him.
Image

linhdt
Posts: 4
Joined: Aug 30th, '11, 13:45

Post by linhdt » Sep 4th, '11, 12:08

oh, i watched episode 8. my english isn't good so please fogive me.
-Shu explain to the Director manage and three reporters that the mysterious girl who he's dating on is Miko, the twin sister of Mio.

- Nana visits the house of ANJELL and want them to cook for her, if they don't do that, she will public that Mio's a girl. Nana oblige Mio to bring the sandals (which Shu bought in ep 3 for Mio) and that make Shu so sad, angry, and shame.

-Shu don't want his parents be worry, he suggest Mio going with him and Mabuchi. At airport, Mabuchi want to make Mio happy so that he lies that he has something to do and can't go with them.

- Shu explain that he love Mio, and that Ren will never love Mio like Shu love her now. He say that Mio can think about which he say and if she choses him, she can go with him.

-Mio just think about Shu's felling in 30 second, and when she decides to go with Shu, she see a star in the sky and she guess that Ren makes that for her. And then, Mio goes to looking Ren, lefts Shu who is waitting her and doesn't tell him anything, doesn't feel guilty with him like in ep 7 :)). She's really happy when she found Ren, only Ren, not anything eles, happy in his arms and doesn't care about anyone :)). She totally forgets her promise that she will visit Shu's parents :))
I can't stand Mio because she doesn't care anything but Ren. Shu help her to solve her trouble, take care of her, but she doesn't care about him and his feeling :)) it's so humor :))
Last edited by linhdt on Sep 5th, '11, 03:31, edited 1 time in total.

Lludara
Posts: 60
Joined: Oct 4th, '10, 23:51
Location: Pensacola, FL

Post by Lludara » Sep 4th, '11, 16:32

Oh Linhdt, if you wanna hide your spoilers there's a button on the top right of where you post called "spoiler" - hit it before you type the spoilers, then hit it again when you're done and it hides the text.

About episode 8 -
Amazingly, i actually picked up almost everything you've talked about either from my limited knowledge of Japanese, or from knowing the original storyline (I knew about them using Miko as the cover, and Shu telling her he likes her and is waiting for her on the plane) then Ren paging butausagi and waiting for her and telling her he likes her.

I was just wondering what he was fighting about with her in his room. I'll just wait for the subtitles I guess :D

User avatar
enggrrl
Posts: 62
Joined: Feb 27th, '09, 09:10

Post by enggrrl » Sep 4th, '11, 22:15

Linhdt, If you're like me and use the quick reply box, you can type in the spoiler tags themselves it's
at the beginning and [/spoil-er] at the end (remove the -)
Image

bluedarkness12
Posts: 10
Joined: Jul 28th, '11, 01:19

Post by bluedarkness12 » Sep 5th, '11, 02:23

I just watched ep 7 subbed:
I like how Ren tells her "I give you permission to keep liking me". He has some balls to say that lol. Who needs approval to like anyone lol. Anyways, thank god Mio only cried once this ep bc she avgs about 3 crying scenes per ep.

linhdt
Posts: 4
Joined: Aug 30th, '11, 13:45

Post by linhdt » Sep 5th, '11, 03:55

@Lludara and enggrrl: thank you ^^

i love this drama very much, i love Shu, Ren, Yuki;; and i love Mio too but from episode 1 to episode 6. I think that there aren't a lot of scenes betweent Shu-Mio so that i can't tell anything about the way she doesn't care about him. But in episode 7, when Shu lies that he want Mio to visits his girl friend, Mio promise that she will come. She doesn't come after that :)) and doesn't tell him abour her absence too.

In the episode 8 too, she promise with Shu that she will visit his parents with him but she doesn't go and doesn't tell anything with Shu. She really doesn't feel guitly for Shu and his feeling, his love also he help her everything when she has problems. Why Mio can do that with Shu? I can't accept her attitude.

when Nana tells something that make Shu feel sad, angry, Ren and Yuki, both of them care about Shu, i feel that when i look in their eyes and facial expression but what Mio can do for Shu is " o de? what the hell heppened to him" and open her big eyes very cute ^^

User avatar
lee`s little alien
Posts: 780
Joined: Jan 9th, '07, 09:16
Location: on the BLUE planet :P

Post by lee`s little alien » Sep 17th, '11, 08:21

I couldn`t help myself from making a fanvid from this simply adorable dorama!
I started watching it out of boredom and i irremediably fell for it:))XD

Anyway,here`s the vid! For those that haven`t watched ep 9 yet beware as it has some tiny spoilers!:)

Jya, yoroshiku!

http://www.trilulilu.ro/leeslittlealien/91da0ce41a1e0b

i can`t seem to be able to embed it so i`ll post the link instead XD

brokenparadise
Posts: 136
Joined: Sep 16th, '08, 02:30

Post by brokenparadise » Sep 19th, '11, 04:16

I like this drama A LOT but is getting exasperated with the kissing scenes. Seriously.. WHY CAN'T TAMA KISS A GIRL PROPERLY? No, I don't want to hear, it's a Japanese standard to kiss like walls because I've seen his senpai did better. Is it because the actors underage? I hope it is because the kissing scenes are such a huge turn off for me, I need reasons to justify them. :cussing:
tbh, I'm confused why I still like this drama so much.

Another important question, can somebody please explain why the real Mio was absent/ missing until now.. he's uber hot btw. I wish there's a real guy with that body and Miori's head exist somewhere in Japan..
What was the reason in the Korean version? They might have explained it in the Japan version but probably I missed it.

Thanks in advance :salut:

User avatar
enggrrl
Posts: 62
Joined: Feb 27th, '09, 09:10

Post by enggrrl » Sep 19th, '11, 07:29

In the first episode, IIRC Mabuchi says that Real Mio got in a drunken fight and had to have surgery in America to fix his broken nose and he'd need 3 months to recover, but A.N.JELL (probably the director) weren't going to wait that long, so he brought in Miko, otherwise they'd find someone else.
Image

brokenparadise
Posts: 136
Joined: Sep 16th, '08, 02:30

Post by brokenparadise » Sep 20th, '11, 04:26

enggrrl wrote:In the first episode, IIRC Mabuchi says that Real Mio got in a drunken fight and had to have surgery in America to fix his broken nose and he'd need 3 months to recover, but A.N.JELL (probably the director) weren't going to wait that long, so he brought in Miko, otherwise they'd find someone else.
Thank you! Is it the same reason in the original version?
That raised a lot of questions about how they'll end it.. did Real Mio ever contacted his sister while he's away, or why America and who's paying for his stay there, or are they going to come clean with the sibling swapping story since I'm pretty sure Ren will
confess out in the open in their freaking concert that Miko belongs to him, not Shu.

TofuQueen
Posts: 105
Joined: Nov 1st, '06, 02:28
Location: Idaho, USA

Post by TofuQueen » Sep 20th, '11, 04:59

brokenparadise wrote:
enggrrl wrote:In the first episode, IIRC Mabuchi says that Real Mio got in a drunken fight and had to have surgery in America to fix his broken nose and he'd need 3 months to recover, but A.N.JELL (probably the director) weren't going to wait that long, so he brought in Miko, otherwise they'd find someone else.
Thank you! Is it the same reason in the original version?
It's close, but in the Korean version
the brother has eyelid surgery, either to get double eyelids or to make his eyes bigger/more open, and it doesn't turn out well at all, so he has to go to America to get it fixed.
I'm still debating with myself whether I want to watch the Japanese version or not, but I bet I will~ :P

brokenparadise
Posts: 136
Joined: Sep 16th, '08, 02:30

Post by brokenparadise » Sep 20th, '11, 06:55

TofuQueen wrote:
brokenparadise wrote:
enggrrl wrote:In the first episode, IIRC Mabuchi says that Real Mio got in a drunken fight and had to have surgery in America to fix his broken nose and he'd need 3 months to recover, but A.N.JELL (probably the director) weren't going to wait that long, so he brought in Miko, otherwise they'd find someone else.
Thank you! Is it the same reason in the original version?
It's close, but in the Korean version
the brother has eyelid surgery, either to get double eyelids or to make his eyes bigger/more open, and it doesn't turn out well at all, so he has to go to America to get it fixed.
That's a lulzy reason.. kinda stupid XD. So the Korean Mio is not exactly identical with Korean Miko.
I'm still debating with myself whether I want to watch the Japanese version or not, but I bet I will~ :P
You should. I've read several comments online, a lot of those who love the original seems to prefer the Japanese version more.

Lludara
Posts: 60
Joined: Oct 4th, '10, 23:51
Location: Pensacola, FL

Post by Lludara » Sep 20th, '11, 22:09

I second watching the japanese version - I love the original and it seems the japanese are doing a great job of recreating it.


As to the kiss scenes...well, there's a couple of reasons i see. 1) the korean version kisses were EXACTLY the same way. I love the korean series except for the kiss scenes, I mean, as hot headed as he is he should be slapping a pretty passionate kiss on her in my eyes, especially with it being in the heat of the moment like they always seem to be. 2) Tamamori (Ren) is not quite as seasoned an actor as some of the others - and there's also a fact that he's a johnny and only 20 (ish, or around there) - I know that Johnny's aren't allowed to have girlfriends till they were like 26 or so(not publically)... So possibly there's those two things holding him back. 3) The last thing is simply lack of chemistry. I mean him and mio could be just great friends and can't really make it look hot?

Now, I've seen some decent kiss scenes from Matsumoto Jun, but again, he was a much older, seasoned actor when he did them. On TV for hana yori dango (2007ish..), they were pecks, but in the movie (2010) and his last monday night drama (2011) they were more intense. Not to mention other johnny's that do better kissing scenes.....


And yes on the nose surgery in the japanese version...for some reason I was thinking it was a nose surgery in the korean one too, but it's been tooooo long since I watched it.

brokenparadise
Posts: 136
Joined: Sep 16th, '08, 02:30

Post by brokenparadise » Sep 21st, '11, 03:03

Lludara wrote: As to the kiss scenes...well, there's a couple of reasons i see. 1) the korean version kisses were EXACTLY the same way. I love the korean series except for the kiss scenes, I mean, as hot headed as he is he should be slapping a pretty passionate kiss on her in my eyes, especially with it being in the heat of the moment like they always seem to be. 2) Tamamori (Ren) is not quite as seasoned an actor as some of the others - and there's also a fact that he's a johnny and only 20 (ish, or around there) - I know that Johnny's aren't allowed to have girlfriends till they were like 26 or so(not publically)... So possibly there's those two things holding him back. 3) The last thing is simply lack of chemistry. I mean him and mio could be just great friends and can't really make it look hot?
I disagree about the lack of chemistry but its purely my own opinion. I do see the sparks between Tama & Miori so it frustrate me when they didn't deliver. Character-wise both Ren and Miko are quite innocent but INNOCENT kisses can be intimate too. I don't really care if Tama a seasoned actor or not. He should commit to the kiss. At least make it softer and not WALL like. I'm surprised the kissing in the original is pretty similar.. maybe I was expecting too much from JGS lol.

There are Johnnys who had quite memorable kissing scenes in their early 20s like Matsujun & Takki (Majo no Jouken - Matsushima Nanako). The only difference is the actresses were mature ladies (not exactly old, but around late 20s - 30ish). So I think it might be Miori's fault for being too young instead of Tama's fault for being a Johnny XD.
Now, I've seen some decent kiss scenes from Matsumoto Jun, but again, he was a much older, seasoned actor when he did them. On TV for hana yori dango (2007ish..), they were pecks, but in the movie (2010) and his last monday night drama (2011) they were more intense. Not to mention other johnny's that do better kissing scenes.....
So you've never seen him in Kimi wa Petto (2003) or Tokyo Tower (2004)? He was around 20-22 when he did them. Kimura Takuya is the only Johnny who tops Jun's kisses imo. I can't recall other Johnnys kissing scenes as much as those two. They are unforgettable.

User avatar
ShiBaru11
Posts: 38
Joined: Dec 9th, '09, 05:49

Post by ShiBaru11 » Sep 21st, '11, 11:44

I can't believe I found this forum juz now...
I was late...too late...
:cry:

Well, I watched YaB....successively until SECOND ep....
poor me...
i can't stand the dragginess of the plot...
and robots playing humans-like acting...

But...the only reason I had to watch this remake is totally 100% that guy in the attachment flie fault...
(I unable to post that as a pic even tho tried so many times so....gomen)

But after finishing the 1st ep, I was very impatiently to wait for the next...
Even tho my japanese understanding is slightly higher than 0, I can surprisingly watched every ep w/out subs,once....and 2nd time, w/ subs...

So, about the j-ver, my personal view about the cast choices:
Please bare in mind that this review was written by me after I watched the 8th ep...
(currently i'm on track, ep 10)
And It's juz my personal point of view....

[spoiler]Tamamori as Ren—> to be honest, I think anybody can play this role, an arrogant yet innocently naive guy…so, whoever gets this role can potray it good…but why Tamamori? He’s way younger than JGS (he’s 21 this year) so the charming aura isn’t there yet…acting-wise, Tamamori has give a good try but the aura is not as good as JGS….(even tho his make-up is the same)...Expression-wise, this boy has no problem in making those ugly expressions because he’s like that….Bare in mind that this boy never play guitar on stage until this drama is made….but he can play drums…

Takimoto as Mio—> Can’t everybody see she’s totally a girl? Acting-wise, since I never see her acting in other dramas so I can credit her….Forget the fact that she’s visibly seen as a girl, Miori doesn’t overact but sometimes her attemption in doing cute faces slightly irritating….but I like it when she expressed the feeling of "I’m a girl….I want to dress like a girl but I’m a boy now…" Being a girlish girl that being forced to be a boy, this feeling is understood…

Hikaru as Yuki—> This boy can sleep when the rest are trying hard to fit in the characters…why? Yuki is hikaru and hikaru is yuki…Acting-wise, nothing much to say bcoz he almost doesn’t act at all….but the scene where he brought Mio to the park(?) and bus-ride, I approve…the feeling of "even tho it’s wrong for me to like you, let me be juz a friend" is understandable…he works hard to play the drums…and yes, blonde doesn’t fit him well….he’s much cuter with black hair…

Fujigaya as Shu—> I must say that I’m too biased for this guy….But he really did a good job being Shu…why? Fujigaya in real life is a fast-talker….very fast until sometimes you can’t catch up what he said….but Shu, is talking like a snail…and Shu is a very gentle and brotherly guy…A guy who never let his feeling out…the real Fujigaya is a bit short-tempered person, an outspoken person…Shu is totally different from him…I like the way he shows his brotherhood towards everyone…Acting-wise, this guy rarely act…i’m not sure it’s a good thing or not but I seldom can tell whether he’s a good actor….he acts very well on stage…but I might say only 70% or 80% of this is potrayed on screen…this guy never holds a guitar on stage so his stiffness holding the instruments is forgiveable...

Singing-wise: tamamori can’t sing really well…The reason why the songs is nicely heard bcoz Fujigaya’s voice is there to cover up tamamori’s…(yes, the husky and high pitched voice is his)

Looks-wise: As I’ve written about tamamori’s aura, he’s no compare to JGS but he’s still cute….cuter when he lets his front hair down…Yuki, not as cute as Jeremy (yes, Hongki IS cute) but he’s funnily adorable...and I can't understand why people keep complaining about his teeth bcoz those teeth make him more cuter and different...but blond doesn't fit him well tho….and tanned-Shu, it’s summer so…not only tan, he’s too skinny(blame Johnny for giving him too much works and thinking to be made after debuting)..not only that, he looks very gloomy and tired (poor this guy but can't the make up artist do something about this? like he/she did to tamamori)….in reality, Fujigaya is darker than the rest so that makes him a 'burnt' A.N.JELL…(don’t blame him…blame who picks him)[/spoiler]

But one thing for sure, I never know Fujigaya can be such a heartbroken guy...
Attachments
[DVD] Playzone 2009 4.jpg
[DVD] Playzone 2009 4.jpg (35.42 KiB) Viewed 2407 times

User avatar
nyanko_sukidesu
Posts: 7
Joined: Sep 19th, '11, 16:17

Post by nyanko_sukidesu » Sep 21st, '11, 12:08

i still wasn't able to watch this series... reading all the comments posted made me really curious so i'm downloading all the series right this instant! ahaha.. and then, i'm going to say something right after i have watched all the episodes.. i have watched the korean version almost a year ago already so i'm really excited to see this one.. :lol
Nyeow~ :heart: :PImage

User avatar
ShiBaru11
Posts: 38
Joined: Dec 9th, '09, 05:49

Post by ShiBaru11 » Sep 21st, '11, 13:14

nyanko_sukidesu wrote:i still wasn't able to watch this series... reading all the comments posted made me really curious so i'm downloading all the series right this instant! ahaha.. and then, i'm going to say something right after i have watched all the episodes.. i have watched the korean version almost a year ago already so i'm really excited to see this one.. :lol
will wait for your comment....
go watch it now....
:D
it's worth your time.

BabyJoe
Posts: 7
Joined: Sep 21st, '11, 14:06

Post by BabyJoe » Sep 21st, '11, 15:02

ShiBaru11:
I have to disagree with you about Ren and Tama Yuta
I think Tama yuta has played the role perfectly although he is a rookie actor. I know he is still young and just barely reach 21. He's just keeping on improving through each episode.
As you can see, during episodes 1, 2, 3, he still had some awkwardness in portraying Ren's emotional; however, since episode 4 until now, I think he exceeds my expectation for the role, and I love Ren so much, he has been my most favorite character in the drama so far.
I give Tama Yuta an applause for keeping me interest more and more as each episode passing by, because I did love the original so much, I even bought the director DVD cut of the original YAB, and before watching Ikemen Desu Ne, I thought no one could part up with JGS playing HTK . To be honest, I have some prejudice against idols turning into actors, I prefer the professional actors over the Idol-acting.
Thus, at first, I watched Ikemen Desu ne just only because I loved the original and was curious about how could Japanese idols act in this remake.
Now, I'm addicted to this remake, it's just getting better and better and not much of draggy, and Tama Yuta is the main reason I stick to this remake .
I did watch the original version more than 5 times, so why I have to watch this version if nothing interest me , so it must be Tama Yuta and the ways he's portraying Ren character.

As compared to JGS, I think while JGS is a refined talent, Yuta is a raw talent in acting. Considering his background as an idol and he just acted 2 small roles in 2 previous movie and drama, I would say Yuta's acting is still raw, but still charming no matter what. If he chose to sharpen and refine his acting skills through more dramas and movies, I believe he would be a very fine actor in the future.
On the other hand, JGS is a professional actor who has been acting various roles in many movies and drama for more than 15 years; he is a child actor by the way, I would say JGS is a refined talent, so his acting is more refined than Tama Yuta.
Both JGS and Yuta play their roles nicely, and both of Ren and Tae kung characters have their own charm.
My only complaint that this remake is so close to the original, I wish they would add more new stuffs here and there to make it more interesting.

About Tama Yuta, I found out that he is a really shy boy in real life. So his character Ren in the drama is completely different from his real personality, and he's doing a great job so far. Bravo to him !

My other favorite character is Yuki . Although he does not have much of screen presence, but I love each moment he appears on the screen. The guy is very cute and funny, and he has strong spirit which adds more freshness to the drama.

My least favorite character is Shu because every time I see him, he looks so doom and depressed although I can see his little smiles here and there. Yes, I know, I know, he is a nice guy, gentle, subtle and all, but why he always looks so tired, worn out and exhausted ? One side love makes you sad, but you don't need to look so tired out, so exhausted most of the times. For many times, I just want to jump into the computer screen to jump start and inject Shu with more energy, please give the character with more energy and more sparks!
In the past, I did have one side love too, I cried out my heart every time I went to bed for a month. But during the day time, although I was very sad, I had to fulfill my duty as a college student and was very busy with my projects, exams, and study. I had to carry on like that for 2 months until I could get over with my love sick.
I felt a little bit annoyed with Shu every time he was on the screen. Until episode 10, I felt better with him since he made peace between him, Ren, and Mio.
I don't know if Shu character always looked so tired and worn out was because of the actor or because of the filming directions . Although Shu is the better actor than Young Hwa, the guy play Shin Woo as his counter part in the original version, I would give Shin Woo a head up for higher spirit and more charming.

I don't know if you guys list me under title of a die hard fan of YAB (:
In that version I shipped Tae kung ( Ren counter part) and Minam ( Mio counter part), but every time Shin Woo ( Shu counter part) appeared and act so charming in front of Minam, I was nervous and worried for my couple. I was in a dilemma of denial that Shin Woo was more charming than Tae kung, he did not act or do much, but his screen presence was so charming and strong that made me nervous that Minam would fall for him instead of Tae kung (:
In constrast, in this remake version, I also ship Ren and Mio, but I do not feel anxious or worried about Shu at all. I feel that he won't affect even a bit to Mio and Ren -Mio relationship even he stared and snared intensely .

After all, I still love the original more athough I'm addicted to this remake :thumleft:
This is my honest opinion.

Lludara
Posts: 60
Joined: Oct 4th, '10, 23:51
Location: Pensacola, FL

Post by Lludara » Sep 21st, '11, 22:48

brokenparadise wrote: I disagree about the lack of chemistry but its purely my own opinion. I do see the sparks between Tama & Miori so it frustrate me when they didn't deliver. Character-wise both Ren and Miko are quite innocent but INNOCENT kisses can be intimate too. I don't really care if Tama a seasoned actor or not. He should commit to the kiss. At least make it softer and not WALL like. I'm surprised the kissing in the original is pretty similar.. maybe I was expecting too much from JGS lol.

There are Johnnys who had quite memorable kissing scenes in their early 20s like Matsujun & Takki (Majo no Jouken - Matsushima Nanako). The only difference is the actresses were mature ladies (not exactly old, but around late 20s - 30ish). So I think it might be Miori's fault for being too young instead of Tama's fault for being a Johnny XD.
Now, I've seen some decent kiss scenes from Matsumoto Jun, but again, he was a much older, seasoned actor when he did them. On TV for hana yori dango (2007ish..), they were pecks, but in the movie (2010) and his last monday night drama (2011) they were more intense. Not to mention other johnny's that do better kissing scenes.....
So you've never seen him in Kimi wa Petto (2003) or Tokyo Tower (2004)? He was around 20-22 when he did them. Kimura Takuya is the only Johnny who tops Jun's kisses imo. I can't recall other Johnnys kissing scenes as much as those two. They are unforgettable.
Ahh, forgot about Kimi wa petto - i watched that. And probably you're right, it was also because there was an older woman involved that the kisses were more in depth. I don't know, maybe it's the time slot the dramas are in too? The later time slots tend to show more lively kisses, the earlier stuff is more 'peck' oriented?

Oh and as for Ren and Mio not having chemistry, I don't mean while playing their characters, because honestly the scenes they play together are wonderful. I meant more on a physical level, mostly because they are both new actors and it's something they perhaps need to grow into. (that's just my opinion, personally).


I went and watched the making of the "You're beautiful" kiss scenes...and man, the second one they could've showed a LOT more then they did, but instead chose to make it look like a peck, So i wonder if it's really some of the same thing happening here. I mean, the editors and the director have the final say. Maybe it's nothing to do with the actors wills in general.


And honestly, I think Tama Yuta is doing a great job for being pretty fresh. I love his facial expresion and mouth ticks, lol.

User avatar
ShiBaru11
Posts: 38
Joined: Dec 9th, '09, 05:49

Post by ShiBaru11 » Sep 22nd, '11, 00:55

BabyJoe wrote:ShiBaru11:
I have to disagree with you about Ren and Tama Yuta
I think Tama yuta has played the role perfectly although he is a rookie actor. I know he is still young and just barely reach 21. He's just keeping on improving through each episode.
As you can see, during episodes 1, 2, 3, he still had some awkwardness in portraying Ren's emotional; however, since episode 4 until now, I think he exceeds my expectation for the role, and I love Ren so much, he has been my most favorite character in the drama so far.
I give Tama Yuta an applause for keeping me interest more and more as each episode passing by, because I did love the original so much, I even bought the director DVD cut of the original YAB, and before watching Ikemen Desu Ne, I thought no one could part up with JGS playing HTK . To be honest, I have some prejudice against idols turning into actors, I prefer the professional actors over the Idol-acting.
Thus, at first, I watched Ikemen Desu ne just only because I loved the original and was curious about how could Japanese idols act in this remake.
Now, I'm addicted to this remake, it's just getting better and better and not much of draggy, and Tama Yuta is the main reason I stick to this remake .
I did watch the original version more than 5 times, so why I have to watch this version if nothing interest me , so it must be Tama Yuta and the ways he's portraying Ren character.

As compared to JGS, I think while JGS is a refined talent, Yuta is a raw talent in acting. Considering his background as an idol and he just acted 2 small roles in 2 previous movie and drama, I would say Yuta's acting is still raw, but still charming no matter what. If he chose to sharpen and refine his acting skills through more dramas and movies, I believe he would be a very fine actor in the future.
On the other hand, JGS is a professional actor who has been acting various roles in many movies and drama for more than 15 years; he is a child actor by the way, I would say JGS is a refined talent, so his acting is more refined than Tama Yuta.
Both JGS and Yuta play their roles nicely, and both of Ren and Tae kung characters have their own charm.
My only complaint that this remake is so close to the original, I wish they would add more new stuffs here and there to make it more interesting.

About Tama Yuta, I found out that he is a really shy boy in real life. So his character Ren in the drama is completely different from his real personality, and he's doing a great job so far. Bravo to him !

My other favorite character is Yuki . Although he does not have much of screen presence, but I love each moment he appears on the screen. The guy is very cute and funny, and he has strong spirit which adds more freshness to the drama.

My least favorite character is Shu because every time I see him, he looks so doom and depressed although I can see his little smiles here and there. Yes, I know, I know, he is a nice guy, gentle, subtle and all, but why he always looks so tired, worn out and exhausted ? One side love makes you sad, but you don't need to look so tired out, so exhausted most of the times. For many times, I just want to jump into the computer screen to jump start and inject Shu with more energy, please give the character with more energy and more sparks!
In the past, I did have one side love too, I cried out my heart every time I went to bed for a month. But during the day time, although I was very sad, I had to fulfill my duty as a college student and was very busy with my projects, exams, and study. I had to carry on like that for 2 months until I could get over with my love sick.
I felt a little bit annoyed with Shu every time he was on the screen. Until episode 10, I felt better with him since he made peace between him, Ren, and Mio.
I don't know if Shu character always looked so tired and worn out was because of the actor or because of the filming directions . Although Shu is the better actor than Young Hwa, the guy play Shin Woo as his counter part in the original version, I would give Shin Woo a head up for higher spirit and more charming.

I don't know if you guys list me under title of a die hard fan of YAB (:
In that version I shipped Tae kung ( Ren counter part) and Minam ( Mio counter part), but every time Shin Woo ( Shu counter part) appeared and act so charming in front of Minam, I was nervous and worried for my couple. I was in a dilemma of denial that Shin Woo was more charming than Tae kung, he did not act or do much, but his screen presence was so charming and strong that made me nervous that Minam would fall for him instead of Tae kung (:
In constrast, in this remake version, I also ship Ren and Mio, but I do not feel anxious or worried about Shu at all. I feel that he won't affect even a bit to Mio and Ren -Mio relationship even he stared and snared intensely .

After all, I still love the original more athough I'm addicted to this remake :thumleft:
This is my honest opinion.
Hey, u got points there....
actually, i'm not saying that JGS is a very good actor too but for me, tama is still a kid...
so, instead of being an ikemen, he's a cute boy....
i do agree on him being a newbie in acting world but maybe i was expecting too much...
but, it's glad that bcoz of him makes u addicted to this drama....
so, i do apologize for my very straight forward opinions...

as for Shu, I've known this guy for merely 2 years and like u said, he did look too tired and gloomy all the times...
i think, maybe it's bcoz the skin-colour? or less make-up? or him being beside the very fair Ren?
i never see him very non-energetic like this...
i wish i can feed him and force him to rest....
or maybe him juz being unprofessional?

i'm curious to know how japanese ver will end...

oh, btw, do you know that this drama is going to be on stageplay?

p/s: welcome to the board....

brokenparadise
Posts: 136
Joined: Sep 16th, '08, 02:30

Post by brokenparadise » Sep 22nd, '11, 03:26

Lludara wrote:
brokenparadise wrote: I disagree about the lack of chemistry but its purely my own opinion. I do see the sparks between Tama & Miori so it frustrate me when they didn't deliver. Character-wise both Ren and Miko are quite innocent but INNOCENT kisses can be intimate too. I don't really care if Tama a seasoned actor or not. He should commit to the kiss. At least make it softer and not WALL like. I'm surprised the kissing in the original is pretty similar.. maybe I was expecting too much from JGS lol.

There are Johnnys who had quite memorable kissing scenes in their early 20s like Matsujun & Takki (Majo no Jouken - Matsushima Nanako). The only difference is the actresses were mature ladies (not exactly old, but around late 20s - 30ish). So I think it might be Miori's fault for being too young instead of Tama's fault for being a Johnny XD.
Now, I've seen some decent kiss scenes from Matsumoto Jun, but again, he was a much older, seasoned actor when he did them. On TV for hana yori dango (2007ish..), they were pecks, but in the movie (2010) and his last monday night drama (2011) they were more intense. Not to mention other johnny's that do better kissing scenes.....
So you've never seen him in Kimi wa Petto (2003) or Tokyo Tower (2004)? He was around 20-22 when he did them. Kimura Takuya is the only Johnny who tops Jun's kisses imo. I can't recall other Johnnys kissing scenes as much as those two. They are unforgettable.
Ahh, forgot about Kimi wa petto - i watched that. And probably you're right, it was also because there was an older woman involved that the kisses were more in depth. I don't know, maybe it's the time slot the dramas are in too? The later time slots tend to show more lively kisses, the earlier stuff is more 'peck' oriented?
According to this: http://wiki.d-addicts.com/Kimi_wa_Pet, it was aired at 22:00, the same hour as Ikemen desu ne. I do think the recent Jdramas have lamer kissing scenes compared to 2000s++. No wonder the ratings and interest are dropping..
Well I'm pretty disappointed at the 2nd kiss the most especially with the 360degree camera panning around them.
And honestly, I think Tama Yuta is doing a great job for being pretty fresh. I love his facial expresion and mouth ticks, lol.
I can't say I love all his try hard expressions but the boy is pretty fresh. He has a lot of potential and I like watching him on screen. Definitely my favorite character/idol-actor in this drama.

BabyJoe
Posts: 7
Joined: Sep 21st, '11, 14:06

Post by BabyJoe » Sep 22nd, '11, 22:22

ShiBaru11:
It's Ok to express your opinion dear :salut:
Considering this is an idol and boy band drama, I think Tama yuta is age appropriate for the drama. I don't know much about Japanese boy bands, I just know many Korean pop boy bands debuting at the age of 16, 17, and their leaders are just about 18, 19 . Hong ki ( the guy played Yuki counter part) was a leader of a famous Korean boy band FTisland when he was 17. And he 's still a leader now.

Actually, Tama yuta is growing very fast, don't you think ? He looks much older in the drama than in real life. Maybe he will grow taller and become a fine young man next year :whistling: :whistling:

About Taipi (Shu) I don't have any problem with his skin color. Quite often, I like tan skin tone rather than pale skin tone on the guys. Perhaps, the problem with Taipi is the attitude of playing Shu character, he plays the role but can not get into the role. He plays it good but he does not like, or enjoy the role maybe :-)

I don't know what is wrong with him, but as I watch weekly Comming soon Anjell promotion shows, I notice that while singing, Shu lively smiled and flirted in the very first week.
However, the rest of the following weeks, he looked so tired and it seem that he did not put much of heart, and much of enjoyment into singing Anjell songs. The rest of Anjell members, they still show some attitude and enjoyment in singing, whereas Shu does not.

yup, I know about the stageplay, do you think Mr. Johnny is a fan of YAB?
First let his boyband play Ikemen Desu ne, debut with an OST song, then stageplay.
I find it's amusing though. Is this the first time in history that Japanese boss remake a Korean drama and then remake it again through stage play?
Last edited by BabyJoe on Sep 23rd, '11, 00:29, edited 2 times in total.

User avatar
enggrrl
Posts: 62
Joined: Feb 27th, '09, 09:10

Post by enggrrl » Sep 22nd, '11, 22:36

Since Shu is my favourite character in this drama I feel the need to defend him. :D I think his attitude is about right, he might seem sad, but to me it feels right because he's spent the entire time loving Miko from afar, watching her fall for one of his best friends and he can't do anything about it. I think that would make anyone sad. He tries to smile and be happy but everytime he sees her being upset because of Ren it hurts him.

As for acting, I think he shows a subtlety that is needed. He is playing a character who is very reserved to avoid making waves, and I think that's what he's done. I always feel like his character behaves the most realistically. Especially in the scene with Ren on the balcony. I want to cry and hug him everytime Miko hurts him.

I'm liking the character/actor of Ren more over the last few episodes, he's growing as an actor as his character changes. I actually really disliked him for the majority of the show.

As a side note, I was also watching Ikemen Paradise at the same time as this, and while the triangles are the same (girl loves boy, he loves her but is unsure how to show, best friend loves her too with less unsurity) I want Shu to win here, and Sano to win there...(but I do love Nakatsu, too) I just thought it was interesting that I liked different 'characters' with the heroine.
Image

BabyJoe
Posts: 7
Joined: Sep 21st, '11, 14:06

Post by BabyJoe » Sep 22nd, '11, 23:38

enggrrl:
Very sorry if my opinion about Shu offend you!
Everyone has different favorite characters in this drama, and I respect everyone opinion.

The purpose of this drama is you would hate Ren ( and Tae Kung counter part in the original) at the beginning, but you end up loving them at the end.
That is why the script writers requires a strong actor for Tae kung role, and they chose JGS, one the best actors of his generation to play the role. He had to develop methods to act for people hate him and love him at the same time.
So if you hate Ren in the beginning and like him in the end, Ren is doing a good job.

I wonder how can the original script writers rate Tama yuta for Ren character...hahaha
They rated JGS 10/10 for the role of Tae Kung .
I hope the rate for Tama yuta is decent , not up to 10, but decent .

One interesting thing, I read somewhere, there was 1 person asking that where did Tama Yuta learn how to act like that ? he has improved a lot since Gokusen the movie.
I think Tama yuta has learned some acting from JGS.
For YAB, JGS has learned some of his acting from great actor Kim mung Min ( he is a method actor, and is in top 10 of best actors in Korea).
If you are curious, watch actor Kim Mung min in Beethoven Virus, he played a mean Maestro who people would hate him so much in the beginning, but end up loving him at the end . JGS played the second lead role in that drama.

User avatar
jecca
Posts: 52
Joined: Jul 19th, '09, 09:12

Post by jecca » Sep 23rd, '11, 15:21

Ok, I've just watched episode 10 and...
I like how the president finally knows about Mio/Miko switch. And how the Aunt also knows. They did a very good job in tying the loose ends (so far) that the kdrama failed to do. And as per usual, we see the exact same scenes in the kdrama: Mio's body double, scenes in Okinawa.

It's pretty clear how it's going to end. I just saw the spoiler for ep11 in the end.. was that Tokyo Dome?? Upgrade from SBS studio lol. How in the world is he going to find her in there, unless she holds a big LED light or a bunch of lightsticks.. The finale airs tonight and I'm excited to see how it ends.
I think there's nothing wrong with the casting, as a fan of the kdrama version. They grew on me as I watched the episodes. And Tamamori is adorable when he's trying too hard to be suave/goofy. It's like watching a little kid, also when he was crying. And yeah, I can see him being a better actor in the future. I can't wait to see Taipi in more jdramas. He has potential, even if he wasn't able to show it in the drama.

And of course the girl who played Mio looks like a girl more than a guy. Practically all the actresses in girl-who-pretends-to-be-a-guy dramas look more like a girl. Except maybe Ella Chen in Hana Kimi tw lol.
Currently seeding/watching: Ikemen desu ne, Ouran, Soredemo, Arakawa Under the Bridge, Tempest

Shiget^
Posts: 52
Joined: Nov 1st, '05, 02:12

Post by Shiget^ » Sep 23rd, '11, 19:43

Tamachan had acting lessons, even before the real shooting began they had rehearsals, and he only met JGS once >< and even tho he watched the original drama he didnt stick to Hwang Taek yung instead he changed it, it was his intention even before the start of the drama.

I read the hong sisters' interview in ikemen desu ne website, and they said thought Tamachan wouldnt get frankness and maturity of Hwang Taek Yung but they were quite surprised after they saw Tamachan act, they said he got HTK facial expressions and all.

and I hope everyone knows Tamachan is NOTHING like Ren in real life, so Tamachan is good a great job in acting Ren and very convincing.

and I just watched the ending, I think i like their ending alot better than the korean ver, their closures were better esp with President Ando.

I love both the korean ver and japanese ver, but I love the japanese more now.

brokenparadise
Posts: 136
Joined: Sep 16th, '08, 02:30

Post by brokenparadise » Sep 23rd, '11, 22:06

I managed to catch 20minutes of the ending and it was impressively good. Since I did watch a little bit of the original (skimmed through episode 1 + half of the ending episode) I can honestly say the Japanese ending was A LOT better. HUGE SPOILERS AHEAD
1. Ren & Miko: The way Ren searched and reached out to Miko was more touching while Tae Kyung x Korean Mio climax scene was comical. Ren saying "Aishiteru" to Miko eye to eye is way better than Tae Kyung who kept on berating the girl in his arms. the Japanese version has a cute epilogue too. Just to add, I thought Miori did a marvelous job as the innocent and love struck Miko.
2. Real Mio: I'm not sure what happened to Real Mio but he's totally out of the picture and I like that. I guess he probably realized, ironically, he can't replace his sister's place in the group or the Boss being awesome kicked him out.
3. Boss, Mabuchi, Katase Nana, the Auntie, Nana (akb48 babe), Tanoshingo: I love them all. Mabuchi was totally more effective than the annoying Korean version. I'm also loving it how Nana turns into a good girl out of love <3
4. Ren & his mother: Touching! I thought the mother was effectively being an ass that turns out to be quite a lovely side plot. I'm not sure how it was in the Korean version but the mother wasn't sick in that. The way she apologized to both of them (with Ren willingly visited her like a good boy <3), it ties everything in place.
... is intentionally leaving this out of the cut
5. REN. OMG REN: Seriously, Tama in that span of 20 minutes is just <3. I need to review him properly only after a subtitled version is out but for now, I hope this do him justice. I'm not just saying this because he is a gorgeous human being (he was so BEAUTIFUL) but the range of emotions and the gradual growth of Ren as a character, he has done it marvelously.

Fyi honestly, I don't think the drama was great overall. The plot is ridiculous, the acting was so-so, it was not as gratifying as past teeny-booper rom-com dramas (i.e. the legendary Hanadan) but it has it's moments. My favorite were Mio singing "Alone" and the ending. Would I recommend it to others? Sure but with a disclaimer that its merely a light entertainment. It's better to watch this with low or no expectations.

User avatar
chihiro0103
Posts: 11
Joined: Oct 29th, '10, 23:16
Location: Romania

Post by chihiro0103 » Sep 24th, '11, 00:27

I pretty much agree with everything the others said about it above me. Of course it's not a masterpiece lol.You shouldn't expect such a thing, but I got surprised with myself that I got addicted to it after I stumbled upon ep2 or 3 don't remember which, while I was waiting for a show on TBS. I didn't even see the first ep and got addicted just like that. The first scene I saw was the one with Ren being chased by the pigs. Kawaii deshou.
I think Tama and Taipi and Hikaru and Miori did a great job, but after all I didn't see the Korean version so I can't make any comparisons.
I really really loved the ending, it was really sweet.I'm too lazy to write spoilers....but I'm going to miss watching Ikemen Desu Ne every Friday. Sorry for rambling a lot without actually saying anything interesting.

User avatar
enggrrl
Posts: 62
Joined: Feb 27th, '09, 09:10

Post by enggrrl » Sep 24th, '11, 09:39

@babyjoe: I'm not offended, I just wanted say my opinion too. That's the reason for these forums, so we can discuss the dramas we love. We may not always agree, but that adds to the discussion. If it was all "oh I love him, I think he's awesome"...etc. then it's not really a discussion but a place to fan-girl or fan-boy. And that's what the actor threads are for :)
Image

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests