[Discussion] Yuusha Yoshihiko to Maou no Shiro

Discuss Japanese drama series here.
Romance

[Discussion] Yuusha Yoshihiko to Maou no Shiro

Post by Romance » Aug 4th, '11, 07:33

Am I the only one enjoying this brilliant series?
Currently on ep 2 and I totally love the goofiness! The special effects are also amazing... :D

Torrents and eng subs are available here on d-addicts if you didnt know.

Give it a try :lol

\( -o _ o- )/
Upload Addict
Upload Addict

Post by \( -o _ o- )/ » Aug 4th, '11, 08:53

All Yuusha Episodes are Here. :dance:

English Subtitles are Here :cheers: :thumright: :w000t:

Loved episode 4. The funniest so far.
Last edited by \( -o _ o- )/ on Aug 4th, '11, 14:22, edited 1 time in total.

emma-ba

Post by emma-ba » Aug 4th, '11, 14:14

I'm really enjoying this along with Piece Vote. I especially love Hotoke-sama and Yoshihiko with his old-fashioned 3D glasses :D

crocus

Post by crocus » Aug 5th, '11, 23:59

This is my real crack of the season. Totally love this!

emma-ba

Post by emma-ba » Aug 7th, '11, 18:43

It's hard to believe but it just keeps getting better and better! I want to watch it on repeat forever!

Episode 5
I nearly cried when he went through the house smashing everything XD In fact the entire episode had me in stitches. There are no words to adequately express my love for this drama!

yt_toshi
Virgin Islands (USA)

Post by yt_toshi » Aug 7th, '11, 19:38

This show is brilliant and just full of fun :-) :D 8)

I love a lot of the references that it makes in each episode to stuff you see in RPG games :thumright:

I can say that this is one dorama that I should of paid attention to when the season started, but I'm glad that I took a chance with it.

noop

Post by noop » Aug 10th, '11, 08:51

I love this dorama!
Watched it mainly because Yamada Takayuki is in it. Didn't expect it to be this funny!
Seriously recommend!

bluedarkness12

Post by bluedarkness12 » Aug 13th, '11, 06:27

This show is pretty genius. I first wanted to watch it bc I assumed it would just be a very low budget action drama but I was completely wrong. Instead, this show is hilarious and so witty that everyone who plays jrpgs should watch this. I have not laugh so hard at a drama in a while and this def takes the cake. The drama makes humorous jokes alluding to jrpgs that you will laugh to death. This series needs to get more credit and thank god for square enix for signing off for them to use dragon quest monsters in the drama which makes it even funnier and great to watch.

emma-ba

Post by emma-ba » Aug 15th, '11, 19:44

Episode 6:
Once again this week's episode was hilarious! The enemies this time round were FUNNY! The guy comforting the baby and Double Unko Man!

And the song! Oh it was so perfect!

furry

Post by furry » Aug 19th, '11, 10:20

LOL eps.6 ending. That music sounds like 'battle victory theme' from Final Fantasy series :D

emma-ba

Post by emma-ba » Aug 19th, '11, 10:35

Yeah, suspiciously similar!

danburi
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by danburi » Aug 20th, '11, 15:30

furry wrote:LOL eps.6 ending. That music sounds like 'battle victory theme' from Final Fantasy series :D
That’s why this episode reminded me of Final Fantasy VI a little.
Musical instead of Opera :roll

dekatrain

Post by dekatrain » Aug 20th, '11, 15:54

Ep 6 was one of the funniest eps I've seen in any Jdrama ever. I've fallen in love with this show. The cast is perfect and I admire Yamada Takayuki for doing a midnight drama that in general don't get very good ratings. My respect for him has gone up for sure.

k361
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by k361 » Aug 20th, '11, 16:03

I startet this drama and like it very much.

Without knowing any RGP or console games i will miss some jokes. No problem, still funny.

danburi
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by danburi » Aug 20th, '11, 16:57

dekatrain wrote:The cast is perfect and I admire Yamada Takayuki for doing a midnight drama that in general don't get very good ratings. My respect for him has gone up for sure.
A little tidbits from Japanese wiki

Director Yuichi Fukuda has revealed the process of casting Yamada Takayuki as yuusha. He always though would be fun if Yamada will do Yuusha.
However, it’s an adventure drama that no one ever attempted to make, in TV Tokyo and midnight show. There is no chance to get well known actor such as he.
But Fukuda decided to give it try even though he was expecting a “No”.
In this industry, it’s “not allow” to contact the actor directly instead through the management office.
He sent text to Yamada anyway, asking him to consider. Text was returned a minute later saying “If I have a work I want to do, I do not care neither the airing time nor the station. Please tell me more in detail”.
That’s how he ended up as Yuusha :D

Yamada also attended the meeting with Square/Enix, explained the intent of the show

emma-ba

Post by emma-ba » Aug 21st, '11, 20:54

Episode 7!
I loved the pagoda! I have two favourite floors.
1) The first floor with the Nobita glasses and 'Jaitan's' terrible singing.
2) The third floor, firstly for the way Merebu was acting and then Yoshihiko having to drag all the coffins around was hilarious! And having to pay to revive everybody! It's always frustrating how people try to make money out of you even though you're trying to save the world:crazy:

k361
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by k361 » Aug 31st, '11, 22:11

Is there any reference for the sister at the end of each episode.

Did she play characters of well known drama?

emma-ba

Post by emma-ba » Aug 31st, '11, 22:26

Hisa is played by Okamoto Azusa: http://wiki.d-addicts.com/Okamoto_Azusa

k361
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by k361 » Aug 31st, '11, 23:08

Thank you for this info.

She is acting different characters (like yankee, flower power, prisoner, yakuza bride, ...?) in her short scene at the end of each episode.
I was wondering if there is meaning behind, maybe reference to drama/movie/actors?

Maybe to other current running dramas

ep07 piece vote
ep08 don quixote

danburi
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by danburi » Sep 2nd, '11, 15:54

[quote="k361"]
She is acting different characters (like yankee, flower power, prisoner, yakuza bride, ...?) in her short scene at the end of each episode.
I was wondering if there is meaning behind, maybe reference to drama/movie/actors?
Per preview on the end of ep9, your question may be answered in the ep10?

garnet07

Post by garnet07 » Sep 17th, '11, 06:42

Man oh man i love the bakaness of this show. Just finished ep10 and Oguri Shun guest stars LOL as bacchuss (isn't he usually the drunkard in rpg games) Are Yamada Takayuki and Oguri Shun best friends because they're like on many shows together lately (Crows Zero, Yuusha Yoshiko, Arakawa ) Love these 2 actors. Glad Yamada's back acting on dramas, he's been on break for so long, I thought he was going to become like Kubozuka Yosuke who disappeared out of the entertainment industry. Awesome actors need to come back.

About Hisa, WHAT was the point of all her cosplaying? It's weird that she shows up in a different outfit from different times ... randomness like this makes the show funnier and weirder. Ep 10 doesn't answer any of the questions besides being a stalker but really did she travel through time?

olympie

Post by olympie » Oct 5th, '11, 22:47

I've found transport stream (.ts) of all episodes and decide to encode them in 720p so if some people are interested in can upload a torrent here on d-addict ^^
:mrgreen:

danburi
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by danburi » Aug 19th, '12, 00:31

Title has been announced for 2nd season. It’s “Yuusha Yoshihiko to Akuryo no Kagi”
Or “Yuusha Yoshihiko and Demon’s key” in English. It’ll begin in October :-)

According to Japanese wiki, its set 100 years in future after the defeat of Maou but it’s not confirmed and no other detail has been revealed.

lunas

Post by lunas » Aug 29th, '12, 00:22

I hope the whole casts returned for the 2nd season. Really enjoyed the 1st season. So baka with the RPG game references.

totally_0bsessed

Post by totally_0bsessed » Aug 29th, '12, 02:05

lmao! Awesome that they have Season 2 set 100years in the future! lol! It's gonna be cracktastic! :D

danburi
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by danburi » Oct 4th, '12, 19:12

Season 2 official site
http://www.tv-tokyo.co.jp/yoshihiko2/

If you click on Story & Photo link then click 1 (for episode 1), you'll get to see the preview.

aiscess83

Post by aiscess83 » Oct 5th, '12, 02:37

danburi wrote:Season 2 official site
http://www.tv-tokyo.co.jp/yoshihiko2/

If you click on Story & Photo link then click 1 (for episode 1), you'll get to see the preview.
Thanks :-) This is one of my anticipated drama for the season. 8)

Raziel_Avernus

Post by Raziel_Avernus » Oct 5th, '12, 04:09

i had to watch this drama in a bathroom for the constant risks of weting myself out of laughter, i am a rpg junkie and this was insanely funny for me, i thought i was gonna die a lot of times for lack of oxygene