Global Moderator
Global Moderator

[DISCUSSION] Seikei Bijin

Post by thetenken » Nov 13th, '04, 18:12

clouds421
Reviewer
Reviewer

Post by clouds421 » Nov 15th, '04, 04:40

At first, I thought Yonekura Ryoko looked odd (like she really had surgery done...), but as the drama went along, found myself falling in love with her (Ryoko not Honami) even though I'm a girl! Really looking forward to her drama with Ji Jin Hee...

They look so compatible!
Last edited by clouds421 on Nov 16th, '04, 04:05, edited 1 time in total.

lilswtangel
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by lilswtangel » Nov 15th, '04, 04:52

i didn't watch this one yet either. ugly duckling turned swan...

from reading the review, i would say i definitely like the plot. :lol

thetenken
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by thetenken » Nov 16th, '04, 02:31

Didn't particularly like this drama. I thought Ryoko's character got annoying quite quickly, and the main male star was just very...distant. They didn't really feel like a couple, and the story unfolded very slowly...

clouds421
Reviewer
Reviewer

Post by clouds421 » Nov 16th, '04, 03:08

thetenken wrote:Didn't particularly like this drama. I thought Ryoko's character got annoying quite quickly, and the main male star was just very...distant. They didn't really feel like a couple, and the story unfolded very slowly...
Yeah, I agree with your comments for the most part, but still like actress and I would still recommend the drama.

The more I think about it, the more I see it as a twisted, cardboard fairy tale. There seems to be not much depth, but the drama does seem to be saying something... but you're not quite what it is. It's playing with my head or I'm thinking too much, but yeah, just can't pinpoint it so I didn't mention it before.

Akiramike
Australia

Post by Akiramike » Nov 17th, '04, 02:27

thetenken wrote:Didn't particularly like this drama. I thought Ryoko's character got annoying quite quickly, and the main male star was just very...distant. They didn't really feel like a couple, and the story unfolded very slowly...
I agree. Its a pretty average drama. The story and dialogue was not interesting. The best thing for me was Konishi Manami. I'd recommend watching this to pass the time but its nothing special.

myteddi

Post by myteddi » Aug 7th, '06, 04:26

Hi just finishing watching Seikei Bijin and I did enjoy it. I thought Ryoko was funny and although Kippei the leading man acted very reserved and very distant at times (I felt that he was just acting out what the character was) they look good together. And I just adore Honami's parents they were so down to earth and so loving. If you want to be entertained and have some good laughs well I guess you better watch this drama.

sveta

Post by sveta » Jan 14th, '07, 14:36

I guess my expectations were too high for this drama. I didn't enjoy watching it to be honest. I felt it was sending out a bad message; "you can only find happiness if you alter yourself." Maybe its me, i don't know how others felt about it, but i was confused with the drama. I really do wish that the girl would've ended up with the high school friend. I thought they looked cute together.

PS: only thing i enjoyed about the drama is the song that played at the very end