* Katsumura Masanobu as Koitabashi Shoji
* Izumiya Shigeru as Sugiura Kozo
* Kitamura Yukiya as Iwasaki Mikiya
* Yoza Yoshiyaki (与座嘉秋) as Eto
* Usuda Asami as Kosaka Mina
* Sato Jiro as Kinoshita Yukio
* Sakurai Hijiri (桜井聖)
* Okumura Kae

I have it on my list to watch this week! I hope that it's a good drama since Naohito-san is the lead male :D
Now watching: Need to find some new dramas

«minah»

Post by «minah» » Mar 31st, '11, 15:21

There really isn't a thread for this? Thought there was... well, I'm waiting for the last episode. I like this a bit better than LADY Profile (it's not really unnecessarily complicated)

iluvasiandrama

Post by iluvasiandrama » Mar 31st, '11, 19:32

«minah» wrote:There really isn't a thread for this? Thought there was... well, I'm waiting for the last episode. I like this a bit better than LADY Profile (it's not really unnecessarily complicated)
I know right...I checked like forever trying to find a thread for this one and couldn't believe it either. LADY profile is unnecessarily complicated you say :unsure: I just may have to check that one out because I like complex dramas... well sometimes as long as it's not too irritating and annoying me. I read pretty good reviews for Control though.

emma-ba

Post by emma-ba » Mar 31st, '11, 19:41

I preferred Control to Lady as the characters seemed to work together better. Also I loved the ending theme!

«minah»

Post by «minah» » Mar 31st, '11, 19:42

Well I mean if you compare the two shows since they share the whole using psychology to figure out a criminal, well Control is just not as depth (it could be a bad thing to others) as LADY but I mean I think Control holds its own too. If you want a not as serious police profiling like show Control is nice (and I like the comedy ^^) LADY well I didn't like how they re-used a similar plot crime device thingy again in the series so that ticked me off a teeny bit but Lady is nice too (but I think I could have expected too much because it has Keiko and I like her a lot) Oh yeah, the first episode (I call it movie because that's what it practically was lol) was yeah, a bit too long with not really leaving more to desire at the end (because it was kinda wrapped up neatly like a movie ^^;;;) But yeah. (still check it out because you might like how they really do get in depth with the criminal and such. Some of the episodes are interesting ^^)

I love Nao and Naohito's interaction with one another. It's really cute (and she's so tall! She barely has 1 inch heels on and she towers over him with them ^^;;) I like seeing Nao like this because I've seen her in like.. 1.5 other things and I wasn't crazy for her. But it's nice to see her as not playing a very feminine role. (I wish Michiko Naru-whatever can do that ;_;)

avieamber
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by avieamber » Apr 1st, '11, 12:14

I agree! I love this show more than Lady too! :wub:

I like Naohito's character and how eccentric he is with the jam bread :D Also, his interaction with Nao is sooo good. Better than the ones in Lady. I can't wait for the final episode, I'm sure it'll be awesome. And the theme song is sooo country-ish, yet fits the drama very well. :thumleft:

emma-ba

Post by emma-ba » Apr 1st, '11, 12:40

My favourite character is the team leader, I don't know what his name is but he's hilarious! Expecially on the megaphone in episode 10 :)

k361
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by k361 » Apr 1st, '11, 13:04

This drama has simple plot, but really enjoyable to watch.

I like the theme too. found links to pv, pv(1080)

Waiting for the final subs (will watch 10+11 as double feature)

What does "Hanzai Shinri Sousa" in the tile mean?
Last edited by k361 on Apr 2nd, '11, 16:38, edited 1 time in total.

emma-ba

Post by emma-ba » Apr 1st, '11, 13:11

Hanzai Shinri Sousa = Criminal Psychology Investigation

noshadow31

Post by noshadow31 » Apr 1st, '11, 14:03

Oh glad to hear this series is fun to watch. It's in my wish list! (I watch everything with Naohito in it except ikemen soba, that one is too much for me hahaha)
In case you are wondering, the person in my avatar is Lee Taemin from SHINee. :wub:

«minah»

Post by «minah» » Apr 1st, '11, 15:01

emma-ba wrote:My favourite character is the team leader, I don't know what his name is but he's hilarious! Expecially on the megaphone in episode 10 :)
Omg that cracked me up! He's always trying to be the big man any other time but this.. lol! I remember him when I use to watch Taiyou no Uta (Erika was too fake in that show...was kinda boring)

I just think CONTROL is the lighter version of LADY Profile (I like calling it LADY Profile for some reason ^^;;) Naohito's beard and mustache... omg it looks perfect on him! I think with him having more hair it just suits him better (I think some guys can pull off both scruffy and clean shaven... and some have to be either one or the other. But he pulls it off beautifully... and it looks better on him ^^)

emma-ba

Post by emma-ba » Apr 1st, '11, 15:28

«minah» wrote:Naohito's beard and mustache... omg it looks perfect on him! I think with him having more hair it just suits him better (I think some guys can pull off both scruffy and clean shaven... and some have to be either one or the other. But he pulls it off beautifully... and it looks better on him ^^)
What do you think of his choice of jumpers? My 'favourite' is that orange and brown one :D

«minah»

Post by «minah» » Apr 1st, '11, 15:53

I had to look up what Jumper meant (because Jumper is used differently in the States lol) but I like his brown one and green (green is my favorite color) lol

nikid

Post by nikid » Apr 3rd, '11, 16:47

I just finished the last episode. This was really a good series, my 2nd fav this season :-)

btw, does anyone know where i can find the OST? thnks in advance :thumleft:
Currently watching:
Good Doctor / FINAL CUT / Gibo to Musume no Blues
Recently finished:
BG: Shinpen Keigonin

http://mydramalist.com/dramalist/nikid

«minah»

Post by «minah» » Apr 5th, '11, 05:57

The ending wasn't bad. I like how it didn't just all ended or stop there... but
But I wasn't too big on them sneaking in that case with her father... at least they had episodes that kinda help lead to that but yeah. I had a feeling Naohito's student kinda knew about the kidnapping because her voice did sound kinda calm on the phone. So that seem weird to me. It was obvious the secretary dude was involved somehow... it's always the most "trusted guy." ^^;; So that was no surprise....

digitalcoconut

Post by digitalcoconut » Apr 11th, '11, 05:42

this show are just ordinary. some people try compare it to LADY.

IMO, LADY got more style (but style over substance) and overdid it. sometimes seem ridiculous. CONTROL are more realistic, simpler.. i prefer CONTROL overall.

but TBH, im not really rate both dramas. will never recommend it to my pals. ill not give both more than 4/10.

em, speaking of similarity, i think CONTROL have bit similarity to GALILEO. the faces, characters of the main duo, their positions etc.

kKagari

Post by kKagari » May 19th, '11, 00:38

does anyone have a link to the OST for Control? please? please? pretty plase? :roll

prestoli
United States of America

Post by prestoli » Jun 4th, '11, 01:58

I didn't love this series... To me it felt like a poor man's Galileo meets Hanchou. I didn't think the lead actress was very good; she only had like two or three facial expressions. I usually can't stand Yokoyama Yu (I don't think he was ready for the leading roles he's had) but I think he did a decent job here. The character and amount of screen time seemed appropriate for his skill level.

iluvasiandrama

Post by iluvasiandrama » Jun 15th, '11, 21:27

I can't believe I just watched the 1st episode of this drama today. I don't like police drama usually and will rarely watch one but this one was on my list a long time now. PLUS, I need something more "grown up" I watch too many high school dramas and now need a break.

The first episode seems to be good I didn't see LADY, Galileo or the others mentioned above yet so hopefully I will like CONTROL without any problems. The characters are not too predictable so this should be a good watch for me.