Discuss Japanese drama series here.
hazelkenro
Location: Mocomichi Hayami,Teppei Koike and Wentz Eiji Paradise

[Discussion] SHIMA SHIMA

Post by hazelkenro » Mar 12th, '11, 23:55

source: http://www.tokyohive.com/2011/03/yada-a ... ima-shima/

ORICON
http://www.oricon.co.jp/news/confidence/85603/full/

It’s been revealed that actress Yada Akiko will be starring in the upcoming drama “Shima Shima“, in which actor Miura Shohei has also been cast. This is Yada’s first starring role in a drama series since “Yume de Aimashou” in 2005.

“Shima Shima” is based on a manga of the same name that was serialized in the magazine, “Morning“. Yada plays the protagonist Shio, who on the surface seems like a happy and successful aroma aesthetics salon owner. Secretly, Shio suffers from insomnia due to divorcing her cheating husband. In order to help women who have faced similar problems, she decides to start a “co-sleeping” service with four handsome young men, played by Miura, Suzuki Katsuhiro, Fukushi Sota, and Kikuta Daisuke.

(from left to right) Fukushi Sota, Miura, Kikuta Daisuke, Yada, Suzuki Katsuhiro
Miura will be playing the complex role of the younger brother of Shio’s ex-husband, Gai, who also has a crush on his former sister-in-law.

The producer for the drama commented on the casting, saying, “[Yada] was perfect for the role of Shio, who has an adult woman’s beauty as well as a cute side…[Miura] has both a lovable puppy-like side and a manly allure, which is exactly like Gai.”

Yada herself has said she empathizes with Shio’s character and that “the drama will be able to comfort people deep within their hearts.”

“Shima Shima” will air on Friday nights on TBS, starting April 22nd.

iluvasiandrama

Post by iluvasiandrama » Mar 13th, '11, 00:21

Whoa! This one looks interesting and seems like it will be very funny comedy, of course I will have to wait much longer for Eng subs.

MaiKitty

Post by MaiKitty » Apr 22nd, '11, 11:02

The storyline sounds really cute. I wonder if they snore. If not I'd like Miura as a co-sleeper. Can't wait to watch this.

ryoerika

Post by ryoerika » May 7th, '11, 07:09

has this drama air yet? it says it'll air on the 22 of April, but I can't find it anywhere. do anyone know where i can download or watch it? thanks.

curlywurly

Post by curlywurly » May 13th, '11, 02:44

God, I love this woman! Fell hard for her in Last Christmas.

Semaru

Post by Semaru » Jul 16th, '11, 07:00

Just wondering if anyone is planning to sub this series? It looks really fun, but I had a hard time finding any info on it past the first ep. Has anyone watched it yet?

solcito82

Post by solcito82 » Jul 29th, '11, 15:46

Semaru wrote:Just wondering if anyone is planning to sub this series? It looks really fun, but I had a hard time finding any info on it past the first ep. Has anyone watched it yet?
The raws [10/10 ]! http://asiancinematic.com/Japanese-Dram ... Shima.html
plz

Renai FanSubs

Post by Renai FanSubs » Jul 30th, '11, 03:51

Serendipity Fansubs is subbing it :)

Semaru

Post by Semaru » Aug 12th, '11, 04:00

yay! thanks for the info

poonk
United States of America

Post by poonk » Mar 3rd, '12, 17:59

Sorry to bring up a (very) dormant thread but I've spent a few weeks looking on my own and just can't come up with the answer to my question: What is the title of the ending theme song to Shima Shima? And who sings it? Thanks!

Edit: Of course, as soon as I give up and ask in the forum I manage to find it: Safarii - "Bad Day."