[Discussion] Ogon no Buta

Discuss Japanese drama series here.
noshadow31

[Discussion] Ogon no Buta

Post by noshadow31 » Oct 25th, '10, 11:41

* Title: 黄金の豚
* Title (romaji): Ogon no Buta
* Tagline: 私たちが払った税金を追え!
* Tagline (romaji): Watashitachi ga Haratta Zeikin o Oe!
* Format: Renzoku
* Genre: Investigation
* Episodes: TBA
* Viewership rating: TBA
* Broadcast network: NTV
* Broadcast period: 2010-Oct-20
* Air time: Wednesday 22:00

Synopsis

The Board of Audit’s Special Investigations Division punishes civil servants who cheat and waste the taxes paid by the hard-working people. The heroine, Shinko, is a daring character who doesn't get impressed by power and influence but mercilessly pursues the scoundrels. She who used to be a swindler and has a difficult personality gets scouted by the division and is paired up with the elite rookie, Kudo who is a graduate of Tokyo University and comes from a family of government officials.

Cast

* Shinohara Ryoko
* Okada Masaki
* Oizumi Yo
* Yamaguchi Sayaka
* Kiritani Kenta
* Namase Katsuhisa
* Motai Masako
* Utsui Ken

DramaWiki : http://wiki.d-addicts.com/Ogon_no_Buta
Official : http://www.ntv.co.jp/buta/index.html
Jpn Subs : http://www.d-addicts.com/forum/viewtopic_89586.htm
Eng Subs : http://www.d-addicts.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=1336598

noshadow31

Post by noshadow31 » Oct 25th, '10, 12:08

I started this thread since Eng Softsubs are now available thanks to shioki, I suspect people will need a place to discuss the series. :D

It's a delight to see Shinohara Ryoko on screen with Oizumi Yo again after Haken no Hinkaku. :)
I suspect that Okada Masaki's character will slowly get attracted to Ryoko's character. No complaints here. She's good with younger guys too! (Aneko, anyone? Even in Tsuki no Koibito, her scenes with Matsuda Shota are cute!)
In case you are wondering, the person in my avatar is Lee Taemin from SHINee. :wub:

shioki

Post by shioki » Oct 25th, '10, 12:21

Somehow, Shinohara are always paired with younger guys in her more popular dramas. :D
I guess it would be the same in this drama too (this is afterall, her first lead after the hiatus). And I don't see any potential female character in that investigation place to pair up with Okada.

On the contrary, I like her scenes with her sister too.
She was funny when she found out about that '92 wine. All that begging for the old guy to take the pig + Shinohara's reaction.
Btw it's anego.

noshadow31

Post by noshadow31 » Oct 26th, '10, 17:05

Oops you're right. spelling mistake. anego not aneko :P
In case you are wondering, the person in my avatar is Lee Taemin from SHINee. :wub:

avieamber
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by avieamber » Oct 27th, '10, 01:31

I quite enjoyed the 1st epi. Although ryoko still reminds me of her role in tsuki no koibito (I think it's mainly because of the similar appearance, the hairstyle (not changed) and clothes too! (i mean the plaid shirts and all) and she's acting rugged (in a way) but all of the above makes me love the character even more.

And the comedy with the sister (a delight to see the transformation from the serious role in Zettai Reido to a cabaret girl in this one) total awesomeness. :lol

Overall, it's good. And thanks for the fast subs as well. Without subs, I don't think I'll be watching.

iLLusiOnEr

Post by iLLusiOnEr » Nov 21st, '10, 06:11

i downloaded all available episodes a while ago.Mainly I choose this drama because ryoko-san is in it.since mukodono, i collected many of her works like haken no hinkaku,anego,tsuki no koibito,at home dad,hikari to tomo ni and Yankee Bokou ni Kaeru.

this morning i started with the first episode.i'd like to say that the plot was pretty interesting and the actors were cool.definitely not a waste and very well worth watching.

shioki

Post by shioki » Nov 21st, '10, 09:25

iLLusiOnEr wrote:i downloaded all available episodes a while ago.Mainly I choose this drama because ryoko-san is in it.since mukodono, i collected many of her works like haken no hinkaku,anego,tsuki no koibito,at home dad,hikari to tomo ni and Yankee Bokou ni Kaeru.

this morning i started with the first episode.i'd like to say that the plot was pretty interesting and the actors were cool.definitely not a waste and very well worth watching.
Ogon gets better as the show goes on. imo, Ep5 had the best case among all 5 :)

Don't forget about Unfair...it's also one of her best drama.

ecco27

Post by ecco27 » Nov 23rd, '10, 18:42

I've been really enjoying this show. I just love the chemistry the cast has!

But the end of episode 5 made me worried...
Actually they've been implying since the beginning that something bad was going to happen but the end of episode 5 seemed to be really foreboding :pale: And in the preview for the next episode it showed that Myouchin's "promotion" was to be the head of an empty department (I think). I wonder who was responsible for that? It seems to be Kurume.

I bet stuff happens and the team ends up disbanded but get together again to solve a big case in the end. Just a guess :P

Simple_Insecurities

Post by Simple_Insecurities » Dec 6th, '10, 07:27

I'm liking this drama quite a bit =D
I wanted to ask... does anyone know what the ending song is?
I'd greatly appreciate it~ Thanks =D

[edit] NVM, it's Yuna Ito's Mamette Ageta for anyone that's also wondering~
Last edited by Simple_Insecurities on Dec 7th, '10, 19:57, edited 2 times in total.

noshadow31

Post by noshadow31 » Dec 6th, '10, 16:23

in ep6, for those who have watched
Don't you think it's too easy and unbelievable that Kudou wanted them to rest the case just because he liked the professor back in his student days and the Souri(Minister? or PM? not sure) thought highly of her?

It doesn't go well with his honest and straight-forward character. or is it just me?
things were pretty episodic that I considered stopping watching but i'm glad that I continue til ep7. things got exciting now, cant wait for the next ep :D

ecco27

Post by ecco27 » Dec 6th, '10, 16:29

Episode 6...
I agree, that was a bit of a reach. It would have been better if it had been someone closer to him, like maybe a professor he had actually had and been super close to or a family member or something like that.

noshadow31

Post by noshadow31 » Dec 7th, '10, 17:14

glad to see i'm not alone here :)

In episode 7 though,
It was more believable things Kudou did. Others would have done the same to save loved ones.
Honestly, I was surprised at first how everybody didn't appreciate what he did.

noshadow31

Post by noshadow31 » Dec 23rd, '10, 08:44

nobody's watching this series?

finished final episode
All this Kudou's deal is a joke. I believe Okada-kun must feel regret signing up for this.
Too bad I really like all the cast here. Ryoko, the 3 guys and even mame (Namase)!
NTV should learnt from this mistake and make another series with the same cast with more worthy story/scripts!

Sorry for my "rant and leave". but how this place is so unpopulated must be saying something,no? :P

shioki

Post by shioki » Dec 27th, '10, 15:22

I'm watching...though I'm just slightly behind :) But I finally finished it.
The whole series was a joke. The cases was badly thought out, so I'm simply watching this for Shinohara and Oizumi (my fav Haken pairing)...well that's the only reason why I started this in the first place though :P Taxes are boring....BUT they had to give us an open ending :(

Yup, I agree with that Kudo part. How can he change so suddenly...and the evil smile in ep8 is really out of character imo.

Basically, the script sucks...and I'm worried about Shinohara's acting career now. After her return from giving birth, she acted in TsuKoi, Ogon, and both have real terrible plot...her acting was solid in both though.