* Title: 霊能力者 小田霧響子の嘘
* Title (romaji): Reinoryokusha Odagiri Kyoko no Uso
* Format: Renzoku
* Genre:
* Broadcast network: TV Asahi
* Broadcast period: 2010-Oct-10
* Air time: Sunday 23:00

Synopsis
Odagiri Kyoko is a flashy clairvoyant TV personality who has celebrities and politicians as clients. Yet in reality she is just a regular girl with no special power. She conducts solid detective work to solve mysteries, then passes off the results as her psychic visions.

Cast
* Ishihara Satomi as Odagiri Kyoko
* Tanihara Shosuke as Taniguchi Ichirou
* Oshima Yuko as Ibushi Kaoru
* Miura Rieko as Detective S
* Takeuchi Toshi as Odagiri Kouta
* Shinohara Mai as Ito Mutsuko

DramaWiki : http://wiki.d-addicts.com/Reinoryokusha ... oko_no_Uso
Official Site : http://www.tv-asahi.co.jp/odakyo/index.html
Eng subs : http://www.d-addicts.com/forum/viewtopic_89522.htm

noshadow31

Post by noshadow31 » Oct 23rd, '10, 11:36

I noticed there wasn't a thread for this drama so I created one.

I started watching this because it's based on a manga by Kaitani Shinobu and I'm a huge fan of Liar Game (also by Kaitani Shinobu).

After watching ep1, I'm disappointed. Unlike Liar game which is a serious drama, OdaKyo is a comedy drama. I have no problem with comedies but this one is not really effective, or at least it's not to my likings. and the trick (the clever detective stuff) here is not comparable to the ones in Liar Game.

But I'm glad I continued on to episode 2. It's much better than ep1 so you guys! please dont stop watching at ep1.

However, if ep2 still disappoints you then maybe you should stop watching. LOL
In case you are wondering, the person in my avatar is Lee Taemin from SHINee. :wub:

fyxyse_chan

Post by fyxyse_chan » Oct 23rd, '10, 12:16

i admit i'm also quite disappointed with the clever detective stuff. but i still watch it coz it's damn hilarious hehe.... :lol

omg....if what u said is true, i can't wait to watch ep 2. hope d sub will come out soon! :-)
credit maxie-chan

Issy

Post by Issy » Oct 23rd, '10, 12:22

Same here. Well, I watched it because I saw Tanihara's name and I don't mind Ishihara satomi but was disappointed in the drama too. I did not expect it to be like this and I found Kyoko's fake psychic character to be really annoying. And her agent and yo forget agent S. I kind of like Tanihara's character but maybe because I am biased towards him. Will watch ep2 and decide wether to continue or not.

saayan

Post by saayan » Oct 23rd, '10, 12:30

This one is definitely a guilty pleasure of mine. It reminds me of Mop Girl (another one that I shouldn't have liked as much as I did lol) and I think it's fun as some cracky, mindless entertainment. Ishihara Satomi is gorgeous and adorable, and Tanihara is as funny and charming as usual. I think I'll just switch my brain on autopilot and enjoy it at face value. :lol

isbes83

Post by isbes83 » Oct 23rd, '10, 12:31

I kinda enjoyed the first episode, i dunno maybe i kinda love any series involving investigation so i enjoyed it except for the detective s and detective m. S is very annoying!

kuroihikari

Post by kuroihikari » Oct 26th, '10, 13:20

The premise seems similar to Psych, a show that I particularly enjoy. Is the humor similar?

I think Ishihara's adorable on-screen, but I'm not gonna watch this just to see her cute herself up.

Issy

Post by Issy » Oct 26th, '10, 13:29

OMG, the second ep is even worse than the 1st ep. i am dropping this drama. a complete waste of time and money they spend on it.
Mop Girl was different in so many level and much better and more mature. this is really a kid show.

fyxyse_chan

Post by fyxyse_chan » Oct 26th, '10, 13:57

i'm DEFINITELY WATCHING THIS!!! it's hilarious and ishihara satomi is gorgeous as odakyo. i can tolerate the detective trick. this story puts me in good mood after watching it
credit maxie-chan

xploring

Post by xploring » Oct 26th, '10, 14:50

I enjoyed the first two episodes too. Satomi was fun to watch.

iLLusiOnEr

Post by iLLusiOnEr » Nov 25th, '10, 09:32

i enjoyed the first episode.i realy think this is not about detective stuff masked with comedic acting,but its another way around; making comedy with detective base.

Satomi and Shosuke matched awesome in the story. The puns were well intended and well put. Although i find it sometime difficult because one ought to know japanese cultural show too (like the scene when Shosuke mentioned that satomi went ad lib in her show).

agent S and agent M for codename? i find it relates to the meaning of Sadomasochism found in many of manga works.They matched in their character too :P

I'll continue to episode 2..

iLLusiOnEr

Post by iLLusiOnEr » Nov 25th, '10, 16:00

haha..the writer really taking advantage of current event...

P-chan (pig-chan?) as relates to paul the octopus.. :thumleft:

shiofmedea

Post by shiofmedea » Dec 4th, '10, 22:48

"guilty pleasure" is good desribction there.. but I must say that detective part is not bad here, I saw worse, you can think answer yourself but it's not always obvious one. And comparing with Liar Game, I don't know, I think that even if LG should be more mature for me it was always like watching kid show, a little twisted one, maybe not suited for children but told in childlike way.. maybe this explanation part... and this girl was always looking after that part like small child, all big eyes, open mouth and full of admiration. Here it's crazy comedy but "crime" (even not so big one) is taken seriously and judgement passed with not so obvious, "you should be good boy" way. Maybe I'm feeling it because person who is passing it is on shadow side as well.
By the way it has something from Psych: they fake being gifted, they are just good at noticing things and puting everything together.

noshadow31

Post by noshadow31 » Dec 7th, '10, 17:10

just finished watching the last episode. well i can't believe I actually finish this series.

someone pointed it out before and i agree. this is comedy-centric, not detective-centric and the show doesn't take itself seriously. like how the occultalk audience believe everything going on in the show (odakyo being possessed by spirits, the sending ghosts to heaven thing...) when it's oh so obviously fake.

once you can take that in, you can start enjoying the show. but dont get your hopes up too high. it's definitely not award-winning material and it doesn't try to be.
just a little show to enjoy watching when you have the time, IMO.
In case you are wondering, the person in my avatar is Lee Taemin from SHINee. :wub:

«minah»

Post by «minah» » Dec 15th, '10, 18:27

Well, I'm watching it when the subs are available and just finished eppy 6! I loved it! How Satomi mumbled the English lol!!! I read on TK that it was reported that concluding the series was very sad... because it was the last eppy of the cast and they were sad that it came to an end. Satomi and Tanihara Shousuke seem to have great chemistry and acted so well together. I like how Satomi has this comedic side to her... just like in Puzzle! I didn't like her character in Tobou Bengoshi (she was the generic kinda character in shows like that...) And I loooove Tanihara!! Seeing him in stuff makes me happy and he's so handsome and looks like a nice gentlemen ^_^

curlywurly

Post by curlywurly » Jan 17th, '12, 15:44

This series has all the hallmarks of everything I despise in a jdrama. Storylines are weak and very predictable, does get over the top stupid at times. It's a screwball comedy so acting obviously isn't going to be anything to savour over, although didn't think the acting was as bad as anything in Liar Game.

Is it any good? No, not really. But for some bizarre reason, I enjoyed this. Think it's because I'm developing a huge girl crush on Ishihara Satomi. She's just adorable. And the fact that there wasn't a single whiny, pretty boy pop idol made it even better.