* Format: renzoku
* Genre: Mystery, romance
* Episodes: TBA
* Broadcast network: Fuji TV
* Broadcast period: 2010-Oct-12 - 2010-Dec
* Air time: Tuesday 22:00
* Theme song: JUJU: Kono Yoru wo Tomete yo

Synopsis
Kanno plays the part of Meiko Nogami, a woman with a beautiful and kind heart. But 15 years ago her older sister's husband and son were killed and Meiko was falsely charged with the crime. She is released from prison 12 years later, and she resumes life as a pet groomer, but inside she is burning for revenge. As she searches out the truth behind the original murders, she leads the men around her to their destruction and death. Tamaki is taking on the role of a police detective who becomes attracted to Meiko even as he is investigating her as a suspect.

Cast
* Kanno Miho as Nogami Meiko
* Tamaki Hiroshi as Mashima Takuro
* Kichise Michiko as Enomoto Mari
* Mikami Kensei as Tsurumi Masato
* Yoshida Kotaro (吉田鋼太郎) as Ukita Hajime
* Karasawa Toshiaki as Dojima Kiichi
* RIKIYA
* Moro Morooka
* Takizawa Saori
* Yokoyama Megumi

Production Credits
* Original writing: Aizawa Tomoko
* Screenwriter: Okubo Tomomi (大久保ともみ) Hirano Yu (平野悠)
* Producer:
* Director: Kobayashi Yoshinori, Ueda Yasushi (植田泰史)
* Music: Sumitomo Norihito (住友紀人)

Official Site <<< Check the preview from here
DramaWiki

isbes83

Post by isbes83 » Oct 8th, '10, 20:51

I love both tamaki hiroshi and kanno miho! cannot wait. It seems that this fall there are a lot of interesting drama including this one. Shame I will busy 7/11. huhuhuhuhuuhu

k361
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by k361 » Oct 8th, '10, 21:28

I am looking forward for this drama.

Kanno Miho, Tamaki Hiroshi and Kichise Michiko in a deadly action storyline.
I am curious how this work.

MisS Lonliah

Post by MisS Lonliah » Oct 9th, '10, 18:49

GREAT NEWS!
Heiwa Fansubs has announced that they are going to release both Soft & Hard subs for this drama! :-)

NoraThorn

Post by NoraThorn » Oct 10th, '10, 17:46

That's really great news! Japanese in detectives is still difficult for me.
Can't wait *__*

Amanogawa

Post by Amanogawa » Oct 11th, '10, 04:19

I am looking forward to this too! I love Tamaki Hiroshi. :D

shinqtaro

Post by shinqtaro » Oct 14th, '10, 18:46

Ep. 1. No complaints about the acting, things actually moved fairly quickly to set up the dynamics among the main characters. Too early to tell, but this is another one of those that's going to live and die by the quality of the script. From the writer who adapted the Naoki award nominated novel Shikaotoko into a drama series, I hope she'd learned something from it on how to write a good mystery. Finally, best ending theme song I've heard since the one in Shiroi Haru!

shioki

Post by shioki » Oct 15th, '10, 08:47

Judging from ep1, this is a must watch. There are many police dramas, and they usually center around the police, not the villain (eg. Byakuyako).

I'm gonna be evil this season, and watch Kanno's char kill off the people who wronged her with her cleverly evil ways :twisted:

noshadow31

Post by noshadow31 » Oct 16th, '10, 11:51

just finished watching ep1, still early to tell whether i'll watch this to the end. The theme is too heavy for my taste now.

Tamaki Hiroshi looks very cool in this though. *faint*

but anyway, there could be no happy ending for this right? i mean she killed a lot of people (even though her hands are not dirty and those people have wronged her so they kinda deserve to die LOL)

AilsKeren27

Post by AilsKeren27 » Oct 17th, '10, 02:23

MisS Lonliah wrote:GREAT NEWS!
Heiwa Fansubs has announced that they are going to release both Soft & Hard subs for this drama! :-)
sweettttt. very glad to hear Heiwa subbing. now, i can definitely watch and understand. thanks. :cheers:

nann

Post by nann » Oct 19th, '10, 12:38

just out of the topic, anyone knows the breed of the Ann (dog's name), thanks.

caramelchampagne

Post by caramelchampagne » Oct 19th, '10, 13:19

the first epi was awesome i like it alot i think it's good sign that this series gonna e promising

caramelchampagne

Post by caramelchampagne » Oct 19th, '10, 13:24

@ nann the dog breed i think it's Australian Silky Terrier

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Australian_Silky_Terrier

nann

Post by nann » Oct 19th, '10, 13:43

thank you "caramelchampagne".

nikkibell84

Post by nikkibell84 » Oct 19th, '10, 21:24

I really loved the first episode. I'm getting a veryKoori no Sekai , Stars Falling From Your Eyes, The Devil vibe from this. Miho is perfect in her role; I love the way she goes from sweet to creepy in zero seconds flat. I'm keeping my eye on this one.

tiger_balm

Post by tiger_balm » Oct 20th, '10, 06:51

still new here...question:does anyone know the song they used as the starting of this drama...i kind interested in it..

shioki

Post by shioki » Oct 20th, '10, 11:40

The insert song at the beginning is by The New Classics. I think the single is gonna be released next month...songs for the autumn dramas are usually released 1 month later.

ep2 is looking good. but she's only targeting 1 person here.
Her target is Matsunaga Seiichi, the lawyer who handled her case 15 years ago.
He is a really bad lawyer. It's known that Nogami didn't do anything, but he didn't care and just told her to admit to the crime so that she doesn't get the death penalty.
He also made his subordinate, Tanabe, give legal consultations even though he doesn't have a licence. He was caught red-handed by Nogami, and planed to report this to the lawyer association so that he get punished. She threatened him, and Matsunaga fired Tanabe. So she went to look for Tanabe and entice him to steal Matsunaga's secret stash of money that he gained illegally. As an unscrupulous lawyer, he attempted to use his connections to settle the threat.

While all these is happening, Nogami also visits the kids at the hospital regularly. She promised Misa, a girl who waiting for a transplant, that she will show her the photo of Ann and her puppies. But guess what, Misa is Matsunaga Misa, the lawyer's daughter! Melon also attacked a customer and Ayano, a staff at the salon while Nogami is away. Nogami has no choice but to put Melon to sleep.

In the meantime, the madman, who murder the junior detective, case ended. He was not guilty because he has a mental problem. So the conclusion is to send him to some hospital. Mashima's anger to this news led to violence on a fellow detective, who insulted the dead detective. He was suspended because of this. Mashima also met up with the reporter, Dojima to exchange information. He showed him the letter Miwa wrote, while Dojima showed him the article which eventually led to Nogami's arrest. The article's writer rose to fame after that. And Dojima is the writer.

-------
Wow....I'm dying to read the article. Dojima is in trouble...if Nogami ever get hold of his secrets.
What happened to Melon was really sad :( I think Nogami really feel for Melon...

tiger_balm

Post by tiger_balm » Oct 20th, '10, 11:58

thank you shioki...is it an international group or soe boy band from japan?never heard of them before..

shioki

Post by shioki » Oct 20th, '10, 12:23

It's a japan band. And should be pretty new. This is their website. They wrote on that website that they're doing a song for guilty.
http://www.thenewclassics.com/
That's my first time hearing this name too. But do check out their other songs. I think they sound pretty decent :)

Issy

Post by Issy » Oct 20th, '10, 15:22

just finished watching ep1. i did not think that it would be such a dark drama but some how it was for me. but it does not mean that i did not like it. totally interesting drama to watch.
konno miho again just raised her acting bar again. i just realised that i have watched most of her dramas and everytime i liked them so much no matter what genre it was. she can do no wrong. she can be cute and adorable and evil and dark in one drama and both would be believable.

going back to ep1:
about meiko, at first that she was suffering from multiple personalities but by the end of ep1, i'm not so sure anymore. at the same time when she seems that she is acting a charactor, at that time she seems so genuine too so i am a bit confused right now. plus, wasn't her jail sentence to be for life? then how come she is out? the police boss seems involved in meiko's revenge too. she needs helps to get her info and i think the boss is the one.
and Hiroshi Tamaki, Oh My God, what a transformation from Nodame. i really LOOOOVE his look in here and thank god that he has put some weight back on. he is one of my favourite actors so i know i will be biased towards his character in any drama and this one is no exception. it's good that they explained his character and his attitude right from the start.

Enomoto Mari, for some reasons i always end up disliking the actress's characters in every drama (and she has been in so many dramas lately). not so sure about her this time too. it feels like her character is just a filler in the drama. i'm sure she has a past with Takuro but as for ep1, she is just nobody.

can't wait for next ep. thanks so much to Heiwa fansubs for subbing this drama. they do love Kanno Miho alot

sarusaru

Post by sarusaru » Oct 21st, '10, 08:55

nikkibell84 wrote:I really loved the first episode. I'm getting a veryKoori no Sekai , Stars Falling From Your Eyes, The Devil vibe from this. Miho is perfect in her role; I love the way she goes from sweet to creepy in zero seconds flat. I'm keeping my eye on this one.
agreed there!!!

+i really like how her acting is in this drama eventho i've only seen one episode.
really like this drama, hope the ending is not tragic, but justice is served....

ecco27

Post by ecco27 » Oct 26th, '10, 19:57

As for why she's out of prison already, a lot of the time "life" just means 15 years.

I think Meiko is a good person in her heart but being falsely charged and spending that time in prison changed her and made her want revenge so badly that she's able to do cruel things in order to achieve her goal.
I don't even think she really intends on hurting innocent people either, like how instead of holding the baby over the side of the building she had a doll. She seems to believe so strongly that the person will do what she wants them to do that she would never have had to throw the baby or push the pregnant wife on to the rails. She hurts them in the end by killing their loved ones though.

During the second episode I started thinking that maybe there's a possibility Meiko did murder her nephew and brother in law but is mentally ill and doesn't remember doing it or something? Or maybe not, I just wonder who really did do it. I wonder if there were people trying to cover up who the real criminal was or if everyone just became so convinced it was Meiko and they didn't want to be wrong so they railroaded her. Like the lawyer said, it wasn't really about if she did it or not.

Either way I want Meiko and Mashima to team up and get revenge on that guy that killed the detective :P

shioki

Post by shioki » Oct 27th, '10, 02:30

ecco27 wrote:As for why she's out of prison already, a lot of the time "life" just means 15 years.

I think Meiko is a good person in her heart but being falsely charged and spending that time in prison changed her and made her want revenge so badly that she's able to do cruel things in order to achieve her goal.
Ya...I also believe she never intended to harm the lives of the innocents when she was using the doll as the baby.
Like in the train station suicide. If the guy didn't take the pill, she won't push her down. With her cleverness, she can easily twist that scene into a warning.

That's an interesting theory. But I don't like it because I just wanted to believe that she didn't kill her family :P Then her actions can justified. Maybe her sister is mentally ill, and kill them, and realise it and killed herself?

Btw..are u talking abt the reporter? The only detective is just those in Mashima's department.

nikkibell84

Post by nikkibell84 » Oct 27th, '10, 02:39

During the train station bit in episode one:
She actually looked, to me, to be too far away to push his wife onto the tracks. She could have pushed her into people and make her lose balance, but not kill her.
So yes, I think she has no real intentions of hurting the innocent - making scary things happen around them, yes - but, not hurting them in a real way.

shioki

Post by shioki » Oct 27th, '10, 11:48

Ep3 re-confirmed her kindness towards the innocent.
She had no intentions to destroy the girl operation, and cried because she killed the girl's father (probably?)

It's also apparent that Nogami's mother hate her, maybe even before the murder took place. I wonder why...she doesn't seem to hate Nogami's sister though...
I'm pretty curious as to who's the murderer 15 years ago. Only someone powerful can get so many people to lie and spark off Nogami's desire for revenge. If Nogami's revenge is all based on solid proof, then I'm pretty sure the Nogami killing them herself without knowing-theory can be safely ruled out.

«minah»

Post by «minah» » Oct 27th, '10, 14:47

Well from eppy 1 I sensed maybe... some kinda tension in her family, whatever odd years ago when she "comitted" the crime. When she said she always wanted a dog but couldn't because of her sister...

So I think that small comment is like an insight to like, there could be some issues between her and her sister and that's why she was framed for the murder? Since someone already said "Oh she was jealous of her sister and killed blah blah blah." So I think people back then sensed something between those two...

And I agree... I don't think the mother likes her that much before Meiko (is that her name?) went to jail. Eventually we'll know since they'll reveal it sooner or later.

I loved in eppy 2 the connection between the court judgment of the crazy murderer guy, and the dog being put down. The guy knew he killed someone, consciously knew it, but he gets off for being "crazy" and living. The dog had a horrible past of being abused and accidentally hurt two people... but he has to get put down. So it's like showing the unfairness and how this connects to Meiko's feelings of someone who is clearly guilty being let off (unlike her who was innocent) and a dog who had no intentions of hurting someone and really acted on instincts has to do (who didn't kill anyone)
I think eppy two could have been in Juui Dolittle.

avieamber
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by avieamber » Oct 27th, '10, 15:08

all i can say about episode 2 is
I feel so SORRY and SAD for LEON!!!!~ :cry: the part where he was being pulled away from Meiko, the way he's reluctant to leave her and kept on pleading/barking, wow that really moves me :-( I really like the way they show us how close their relationship was, how Leon is like the only friend Meiko has, who truly understands her and so protective towards her. But too bad he's only in 2 episodes. Was hoping to see more of Meiko and Leon scenes. I'm hopeless when it comes to animals.

Issy

Post by Issy » Oct 28th, '10, 00:23

I really don't know. i am still confused about Meiko's personality.
at the end of the day, she is still guilty of killing those guys. no matter if they were guilty in some point or other, she still is involved in this. not to forget, harming the guy's pregnant wife with her dog leon in ep1.
i just like how mashima is approaching her. hiding his detective/police identity. but i was seriously disgusted by the way his colleagues bullied him in police department. i guess in their eyes he is the one who left his partner and saved his own life.
not sure if mashima will team up with meiko for revenging his partner or not. maybe in one point yes but will change his mind later on.
I am very curious to know more about events that charged meiko with murder of her sister's family.
on a lighter note, i still can't take my eyes off Hiroshi :wub:

caramelchampagne

Post by caramelchampagne » Oct 28th, '10, 00:38

guys aren't suppose to be epi 3 out by now ?

shioki

Post by shioki » Oct 28th, '10, 02:38

yup...ep3 just aired on tue.

Meiko is just like Yukiho in Byakuyako. Yukiho harms the innocent, but she doesn't show any remorse and has someone to push the blame to. hmm...maybe not. Meiko is much kinder.
leon seems to be pretty well-trained. he only barks at the pregnant wife, and then return to the car like nothing happened. (maybe she used a high-pitched whistle to call him back). basically, she's risking the safety of the innocents to get her revenge. but she's really confusing.

i think the reason why mashima is discriminated against in the police dept is because of his recklessness. not the dead detective (in ep2, one detective insulted the dead guy). In ep1, Mashima was locked up, remember? He caused trouble for some other dept and this wasn't the only time. All these adds up.
If Meiko isn't the killer 15 years ago, can the real killer still be convicted after being found? There's a law that states that a case expires after 15 years, so...maybe the ending (or somewhere in the middle) will be about finding the real killer before the day comes?

ecco27

Post by ecco27 » Oct 28th, '10, 03:11

^ About why Mashima is discriminated against, it did start with his partner dying and him being at fault in a way. Before that he was an elite with a promising career in front of him but when that happened he was put in a place where he would never be promoted (and probably never fired) and where he would always be known as the guy who let his partner die. Even if he didn't act like this now he would probably still be looked down upon for the rest of his career.
I wasn't serious about them getting revenge against the murderer together but ugh that guy made me so mad!

Issy

Post by Issy » Oct 28th, '10, 03:37

:lol :lol :lol
same here. i know why he has been treated like this by his colleagues. i just did not like it personally. i thought it was bulling. be it justified or unjustified. well, i am biased towards Mashima :mrgreen:

shioki

Post by shioki » Oct 28th, '10, 04:10

ecco27 wrote:^ About why Mashima is discriminated against, it did start with his partner dying and him being at fault in a way. Before that he was an elite with a promising career in front of him but when that happened he was put in a place where he would never be promoted (and probably never fired) and where he would always be known as the guy who let his partner die. Even if he didn't act like this now he would probably still be looked down upon for the rest of his career.
I wasn't serious about them getting revenge against the murderer together but ugh that guy made me so mad!
I see. Meiko got me confused that I couldn't think properly :P

dpedaci

Post by dpedaci » Oct 29th, '10, 07:23

I thought also the issue was that they were supposed to wait for backup, but he encouraged his partner to follow him prematurely, saying it was just some geek kid. So they entered a situation without adequate backup, and then dire consequences followed.

I work at an animal shelter, and the scene with Leon was almost unwatchable. There was one dog in particular at the shelter, great dog, but agressive toward other dogs and bit two dog walkers including myself, he was euthanized as result and I kept thinking about him during that whole Leon scene, it was really difficult

Romance

Post by Romance » Oct 30th, '10, 09:29

Just watch first ep and it was awesome!

Oh man, there are so many good dramas this season ^^

«minah»

Post by «minah» » Nov 1st, '10, 18:44

I love the complexity in Miho's character. With the many emotions and feelings she harboring, it makes her very human and realistic. And I like how the dogs are parallel to the theme of an episode. It's like a mixture of Maou and Byakuyako (and probably some other drama i can't think of at the moment lol) But Miho is excellent and so versatile.

Makes me wanna watch Iguana no Musume again ;_;

avieamber
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by avieamber » Nov 2nd, '10, 11:48

just finished ep3
loved it! Especially when they show more of Meiko and Mashima's interactions. they're progressing. At first, it felt like Mashima's just using the dog as an excuse to get closer to her to investigate about the case, but then, even though he was already suspecting her, especially the scene where he overheard that the lawyer committed suicide. He called her and when she didn't reply, he really really sounded worried. It seems that he has begun to develop feelings for her, without him knowing it consciously.

And Meiko's character is complex, I agree ^. It's pretty hard to portray but Miho's great so far. It does show her character's vulnerability too when she teared up, unable to reply Mashima and sorta broke down. I can't wait for the next episode!

fujitak

Post by fujitak » Nov 3rd, '10, 09:37

What is the title of the english song heard at the begining of each episode?

Issy

Post by Issy » Nov 3rd, '10, 09:43

fujitak wrote:What is the title of the english song heard at the begining of each episode?
oh yes. i was wondering about that too. really like the song.

lissiechan123

Post by lissiechan123 » Nov 3rd, '10, 21:14

Does anyone know the ending song ? :scratch: :D
i love the ending song :)

blackskies

Post by blackskies » Nov 4th, '10, 00:48

I'd like to know the beginning song too... catchy, isn't it?

I *think* the ending theme is called "Kono Yoru wo Tomete yo" by JUJU.

Super excited for episode 4 =D

gracefulmoonie

Post by gracefulmoonie » Nov 4th, '10, 05:00

I also like to know the title of the beginning song too.

Just watched episode 4
I don't understand enough Japanese to translate, but it seems to me that Det. Mashima finally let Meiko know his feelings for her this time.
They were talking at the beach or pier, and he kept looking at her. She got so tense, tried to run away. He then turned around to hug her, but she struggled and got away again.

At the end of the episode, Mashima almost caught up to Meiko as she tried to convince, once again, her next target to kill himself.

So exciting,,, can't wait for the next episode, and I wonder how Mashima is going to handle his feelings once he knows for sure that Meiko "killed" all these people.

Misato-san

Post by Misato-san » Nov 5th, '10, 03:30

shioki wrote:There's a law that states that a case expires after 15 years,
there isn't actually. The statue of limitation law was abrogate this year on February ^^

shioki

Post by shioki » Nov 5th, '10, 05:14

I was really looking forward to ep4 after reading the spoilers above...that must be why the ratings shot up :D
Finally some development btw mashima and meiko. I've been waiting a long time...
Ihey were went to the restricted area with the beautiful sea after some customer freaked out over meiko being a ex-convict. mashima was talking about the light in the sea being caused by some kind of insect and she said she never seen it before. So she stared, and he stared, at her. Because she wasn't all used to people being kind to her and freaked out. That was pretty natural. when the tall ex-gf of mashima went to meiko's jail, the prisonguard told her meiko was always alone, but she was released due to good conduct.
Misato-san wrote:
shioki wrote:There's a law that states that a case expires after 15 years,
there isn't actually. The statue of limitation law was abrogate this year on February ^^
Wow...that's great to hear :) Though suspense novels/drama just lost a source of suspense.

shioki

Post by shioki » Nov 10th, '10, 09:53

this is getting more intense. in ep5
Meiko finally found out Mashima is a police. I can hardly wait for the next ep.
So Kanaya hanged himself. how did he die from by hanging himself from such a low spot? I don't think it's possible to die that way

Issy

Post by Issy » Nov 10th, '10, 14:37

for some reasons i am starting to feel sympathy for Meiko after ep4 and somehow, her actions are justified to me. it's so strange when i had apposite views before. after watching ep4
i don't get why she has been the centre of all those lies and accusations by everyone (assuming that she is innocent). even her defending lawyer is not doing anything to defend her. it's just so strange that everyone wanted her to get the blame. if we assume that she is guilty, other people who were somehow connected to this case were not really good model citizens and each had/have their fair share of corruptions and dishonesty in their line of job so they don't come across as people telling the truth either.
this case is proving to be a complicated one.
as i said, now i really don't blame Meiko on making the justice with her own hands. not feeling sorry for her victims any more.

«minah»

Post by «minah» » Nov 10th, '10, 20:50

Yeah I too feel bad for Meiko and can understand her actions (but I'm still against really the eye for an eye, capital punishment stuff) but I definitely see where she is coming from.
To have no one believe in her whatsoever or even do anything to help prove her innocence is very fishy (and I can see why she will want revenge. Being locked up for that long on a (probable) false charge with NO one helping.) So I wonder... if this Miwa guy... did he help her for the case? I wonder if that's why he's missing because he feels bad about what he (could) have done? I really want to know more about her relationship with her mom and sister. She did nothing but turn away when she saw her daughter being taken away... Not even a "NO!!! NOT MY MEIKO!!!!" So yeah....
I love Meiko's personality because unlike in Maou or even Byakuyako, they were acting nice and was really putting on a front. Meiko just seems to be naturally nice and timid which I think brings her out as a very complex unique character.

Grr... Hiroshi... I still thinks he's cute... but he looks like a washed-up Chiaki lol >__> Don't get mad! It was eppy 3 when I realized "He's wearing the same outfit as Chiaki... but looks all super old!!" I'm not a super big fan of the hair... But if he likes it/if it's for the character well that's how it's suppose to be ^_^

emma-ba

Opening Song

Post by emma-ba » Nov 12th, '10, 16:10

The opening seems to be a song by a band called The New Classics

http://gree.jp/thenewclassics/blog/entry/507311292

I don't know what it's called though.

I just watched episode 5.
It's really getting interesting now that Miwa has turned up. It makes sense if he's helping her with the suicides because it's a bit difficult to see how she could be pulling all of this off by herself.
Can't wait for episode six!

snow_of_dawn

Post by snow_of_dawn » Nov 14th, '10, 01:50

shioki wrote:
So Kanaya hanged himself. how did he die from by hanging himself from such a low spot? I don't think it's possible to die that way
Agree :D . I also thought "what a QUICK suicide, considering the low spot from which he hung himself" all in all I thought that scene was not done quite right. besides I didn't like it when the secretary said "the PC was affected with a virus">> simply a way to put a full stop to any possibilities of getting some evidence from the PC (from which he made the VOip call, and received the picture of his GF kidnapped)

I don't really know what to say about this drama, at first when I started watching it, i couldn't help notice the similarities with MAOU (loosing one's family at a time, revenge, red envelopes, nosy free Journalist...etc) which made me mad a little since I'm a big Maou fan, in fact reading the discussion board and not finding anyone saying something similar quite surprised me :blink
But to be honest, convincing myself that the similarities i felt may not be on purpose and that mostly any revenge plot will have more or less the same pattern, I started to like the drama a little, specially since I like Tamaki :wub: But I still find difficulty getting convinced with Meiko's character. I can understand the reason why she'd want to take revenge, but to be able to actually carry it out so cold-bloodedly, requires one to throw away his heart and emotions, definitely wouldn't be able to live so peacefully......let alone fall in love
don't know maybe because I don't find Kanno Miho's acting enough convincing that I can't quite get the grip of Meiko's character....i hate her made-up evil smiles at the end of some episodes, so unrealistic (sorry for Kanno Miho Fans :roll )

My Big question now is, what are your guesses as to who the police chief is talking to over the phone....Miwa maybe, can anyone think of other possibilities? :scratch:

Issy

Post by Issy » Nov 14th, '10, 03:03

I so want to know the name of song by New Classics. i looked through their songs on Youtub and could not find it at all.

back to the drama, am i the only one who did not think of Maou (even though really like it) drama when i started watching Guilty? i can see the similarities now.

Kanno Miho
i still can't understand her character. she seems a good person but at the same time she is caring for one person, she cold heartly involved in someone else's death.
but one thing I am sure of is that she is doing a great job in portraying both characters. i can feel her goodness as well as her evilness.
but to be honest, her good face seems a bit made up to me and not her evil one. that's making me think that she is acting innocent and good all long just to fool people around her.

it seems that
she has witnessed some sort of corruption by Miwa or someone in top high places and to shut her up, they have trapped her in that murder case. i am so curious to know the reason behind all these. still, don't know why she can't guess why she has been trapped like this. i mean she atleast should have an idea about the reason behind all these lies by everyone around here. if she does not, then she is no danger to anyone involved. i guess its their way of making sure she would not talk at that time and after 15 years the case would be closed for good so even if she remembered, she can't do anything about it.
ep6 looks very interesting.

shioki

Post by shioki » Nov 14th, '10, 03:04

snow_of_dawn wrote:
shioki wrote:
Agree :D . I also thought "what a QUICK suicide, considering the low spot from which he hung himself" all in all I thought that scene was not done quite right. besides I didn't like it when the secretary said "the PC was affected with a virus">> simply a way to put a full stop to any possibilities of getting some evidence from the PC (from which he made the VOip call, and received the picture of his GF kidnapped)

I don't really know what to say about this drama, at first when I started watching it, i couldn't help notice the similarities with MAOU (loosing one's family at a time, revenge, red envelopes, nosy free Journalist...etc) which made me mad a little since I'm a big Maou fan, in fact reading the discussion board and not finding anyone saying something similar quite surprised me :blink
But to be honest, convincing myself that the similarities i felt may not be on purpose and that mostly any revenge plot will have more or less the same pattern, I started to like the drama a little, specially since I like Tamaki :wub: But I still find difficulty getting convinced with Meiko's character. I can understand the reason why she'd want to take revenge, but to be able to actually carry it out so cold-bloodedly, requires one to throw away his heart and emotions, definitely wouldn't be able to live so peacefully......let alone fall in love
don't know maybe because I don't find Kanno Miho's acting enough convincing that I can't quite get the grip of Meiko's character....i hate her made-up evil smiles at the end of some episodes, so unrealistic (sorry for Kanno Miho Fans :roll )

My Big question now is, what are your guesses as to who the police chief is talking to over the phone....Miwa maybe, can anyone think of other possibilities? :scratch:
Actually, I never watch Maou before, so I can't say anything about the similarities.

When the PC got infected by a virus, I started thinking that Meiko has a helper. coz there's no way a PC noob like like Meiko can do that, unless she's a genius or just pretending to be a noob. Maybe Miwa is helping her...or the reporter is helping her, because he wants a longer story, so Meiko can't be caught so easily. I personally think Meiko using webcam is really dangerous. There'll be record on the PC (but it got infected) and it's streaming over the internet.

When I think about how Meiko got arrested for nothing 15 years ago, just imagine, she just lived everyday like normal, then suddenly her family died, and she got arrested when she didn't do a thing and got wrongly imprisoned for 13 years. Anyone in that state can be a little crazy. That must be what's she thinking when she kill something. And Miho has a really nice voice. When she was talking normally, like to the grandma, she sounded so gentle...and scary when carrying out her revenge. The evil smile is obviously unnecessary. But as a standard rule in drama, evil people always need a evil smile.

My big guess is, the phone guy is the overall boss. One clue Ukita gave is the phone guy is trapped in a small room. Miwa might be a little obvious. the reporter suspected him in ep5, and there's still so many ep left. Chances of Miwa being the boss is quite low. And something happened once btw Ukita and Miwa. If I'm not wrong, it's some corrupted case where Miwa pocketed some money? And Ukita exposed it. Right? I'm guessing it's Meiko's mother. I find her pretty fishy.

«minah»

Post by «minah» » Nov 14th, '10, 03:54

I've always seen the similarities from Maou in Guilty (yeah like the red letter, selling yourself to the devil, seeking revenge/sense of justice and they both have Christianity symbols too. Not too much in Guilty but it's there in the ending credits) But! They're two different dramas and there's no reason to compare.

I think um... Ukita (and whoever he's talking to on the phone) gave the word to IT President to kill the family. Since he was the one who broke into Mashima's room.

I think the reason why it seems like Meiko doesn't know who the real criminal is because she probably has to get the evidence for it. She already knew IT Pres. put the poison in the cake... but couldn't testify that because of no evidence. Whoever set it up I think knew of the relationship between Meiko, her mom, and her sister. Which makes it more believable as to why she "killed" her sister's family.

I don't think Meiko was faking knowing how to use a computer. If Grandmom can use the webcam, I bet she could too (I don't think they want to make things that's complicated for the elderly to use). I think it's really just two clicks (and she has been away in jail to for all those years so computers definitely changed since then so I think it's believable.)

Yeah.. bad suicide! Lol maybe if he had some other workout equipment in there... Like a Lat machine or something, then the hanging will look more believable >_>

And when I look into it more, she has to have someone helping her... how is she getting all of those cyanide pills?
I do look forward to the next eppy!

*edit*

For above poster
Maou is a really good drama too. Stars Ohno Satoshi and Ikuta Toma. It's based off the Korean Drama "The Devil/ Mawang." I started watching the Korean one, but due to school (and the length of the show) wasn't able to finish it. But I will start it again! ^_^

Maou dwiki
The Devil dwiki

shioki

Post by shioki » Nov 14th, '10, 04:54

Anyone saw the chemistry book Meiko had in ep1? Maybe she learned how to. The murder took place 15 years ago, and she was jailed for 13 year. She had, maybe, 1 year to study? Hmm, but mixing chemicals is really dangerous. Getting the poison from her helper is definitely more feasible.

Even if Meiko doesn't know how to use a PC, but I don't think it's possible to learn how to send a virus within 1 month. Webcam is a pretty simple stuff, cause you just need to click here and there.

Ep6 looks interesting. The mystery attacker could be her helper.
Maou sounds interesting. But I'm just abit sceptical because of all the Johnnys inside. As I was checking out Maou wiki, I saw the name of ex-gf of Mashima, and she's also called Mari there. lol

blackskies

Post by blackskies » Nov 14th, '10, 05:09

After episode 5, I wonder...
How Meiko feels towards Mashima now that she knows he's a detective. On one hand, she'd feel betrayed that one of the very few people she's let into her life has a good chance of knowing what she's up to... on the flip side, though, I'd imagine she would feel like he's getting closer to her for only the sake of investigation (though that's clearly not the case anymore). The look she gave that Mari chick when she get to Kanaya's building said everything about her hate for the police... then Mashima comes into view XD

I'm also really interested to see what Ukita's motives are - it seems that Mashima and Mari are getting more and more separated from the rest of their coworkers. Does Ukita have any unknown animosity towards Mashima, besides his relationship to Miwa?
I very rarely post lol, but I'm super excited for this drama. Things are picking up.

«minah»

Post by «minah» » Nov 14th, '10, 05:12

shioki wrote:
Anyone saw the chemistry book Meiko had in ep1? Maybe she learned how to. The murder took place 15 years ago, and she was jailed for 13 year. She had, maybe, 1 year to study? Hmm, but mixing chemicals is really dangerous. Getting the poison from her helper is definitely more feasible.

Even if Meiko doesn't know how to use a PC, but I don't think it's possible to learn how to send a virus within 1 month. Webcam is a pretty simple stuff, cause you just need to click here and there.

Ep6 looks interesting. The mystery attacker could be her helper.
Maou sounds interesting. But I'm just abit sceptical because of all the Johnnys inside. As I was checking out Maou wiki, I saw the name of ex-gf of Mashima, and she's also called Mari there. lol
Oh yeah.. I forgot about the virus thingy. I dunno sounds like an excuse they threw in the script so the computer can't be checked lol but I didn't get the feelin that she sent the virus (he could have had one recently or if Miwa or someone else is helping he could have sent it.)
Wow she IS named Mari in Maou... What a coincidence lol! maou was the first time I saw Ohno (I'm not really into Johnny singing... but acting yeah) and from that, I thought he did a great job as a two-faced character. He gave me a really creepy mean impression (so to me I think he accomplished his goal in that character) This was the first time I've seen Toma as that type of character... like a angered kinda hard*** guy. I think Toma did well too (I think some parts could have been over-acting but it's still watchable
). Yeah, I'm not too fond of a show that's over-populated with Johnnys.. since I think quite a handful can't act, but I really do like Toma and Ohno in this. I think Nino appears in the first episode only... and that's it. I don't think there's anymore Johnnys after that lol

snow_of_dawn

Post by snow_of_dawn » Nov 14th, '10, 21:55

shioki wrote:
When the PC got infected by a virus, I started thinking that Meiko has a helper. coz there's no way a PC noob like like Meiko can do that, unless she's a genius or just pretending to be a noob. Maybe Miwa is helping her...or the reporter is helping her, because he wants a longer story, so Meiko can't be caught so easily. I personally think Meiko using webcam is really dangerous. There'll be record on the PC (but it got infected) and it's streaming over the internet.
Hmmm, someone helping....maybe. But i've noticed that she was able to use chat and put a password to her PC which indicated she was actually studying on her own besides the help she got from Mashima. But if someone is helping her out, i doubt it could be the doujima journalist....too hard to swallow :scratch:
shioki wrote: When I think about how Meiko got arrested for nothing 15 years ago, just imagine, she just lived everyday like normal, then suddenly her family died, and she got arrested when she didn't do a thing and got wrongly imprisoned for 13 years. Anyone in that state can be a little crazy. That must be what's she thinking when she kill something. And Miho has a really nice voice. When she was talking normally, like to the grandma, she sounded so gentle...and scary when carrying out her revenge. The evil smile is obviously unnecessary. But as a standard rule in drama, evil people always need a evil smile.

I can see the point she wants to take revenge and all the rage she must be feeling inside , she was framed for a crime which caused her family to loose trust and despise her and eventually her older sis to commit suicide (that's why I guess she's obsessed with driving her targets to commit suicide)

I laughed a lot at your "evil people always need a evil smile." :D , and you DO have a Point, most villains have a scene or two smiling and giving us that evil look, while it can be convincing in some cases, it feels so unconvincing and a bit hackneyed in other. like in maou (especially starting the middle episodes) Ohno's evil eye and smile looked so original and convincing, while in Kanno's case :roll ...well that's just my personal opinion of course.
shioki wrote: My big guess is, the phone guy is the overall boss. One clue Ukita gave is the phone guy is trapped in a small room. Miwa might be a little obvious. the reporter suspected him in ep5, and there's still so many ep left. Chances of Miwa being the boss is quite low. And something happened once btw Ukita and Miwa. If I'm not wrong, it's some corrupted case where Miwa pocketed some money? And Ukita exposed it. Right? I'm guessing it's Meiko's mother. I find her pretty fishy.
I thought it might be Miwa especially because of the "you can come out from your hiding" part, but you make a point, if it is Miwa that will be a bit boring since most people must have already expected that. Though in the begining I was starting to think that Ukita assigned Mashima to look for Miwa because he wanted to track him down and kill him to hide up for something he had done in the past...just a feeling i got hehehehe.
too many question marks, all we can do is wait and watch. Just Hope that the ending will be a convincing one.. Let's cross fingers :-)

stagnant_joy

Hip-hop song

Post by stagnant_joy » Nov 15th, '10, 04:41

If I'm not mistaken, on the official site - there's a listing of the songs used.

At Cast/Staff Section....there's JUJU listed on the second column...maybe there's also the hip-hop song.
But it's all in Japanese, so I cannot give you the name of the song, which btw I'm also looking for.

shioki

Post by shioki » Nov 15th, '10, 07:22

To the above poster, that info on the official site basically list the producer/directors/etc and the dramas they did before. Under the song col, there's only JUJU song + company that produced the song. But it's confirmed to be from the new classics.
snow_of_dawn wrote: Hmmm, someone helping....maybe. But i've noticed that she was able to use chat and put a password to her PC which indicated she was actually studying on her own besides the help she got from Mashima. But if someone is helping her out, i doubt it could be the doujima journalist....too hard to swallow :scratch:
Sending a virus pass the security in a IT company is really hard. I don't think Meiko's self studying can help much in 1 month.
There's definitely a helper. And someone is attacking her in ep6 :O
Sometimes, I wonder if the reporter knows what she did. I mean, he has been following Meiko everywhere. He knows something, but he pointed Mashima and Mari towards Miwa. He must be up to no good, but maybe he's not the helper, and definitely not the big boss.
As I typed this, I started realizing Meiko has lots of stalker...the reporter, Mari...and Mashima who pops out now and then...for the dog, or not. :lol
snow_of_dawn wrote: I laughed a lot at your "evil people always need a evil smile." :D , and you DO have a Point, most villains have a scene or two smiling and giving us that evil look, while it can be convincing in some cases, it feels so unconvincing and a bit hackneyed in other. like in maou (especially starting the middle episodes) Ohno's evil eye and smile looked so original and convincing, while in Kanno's case :roll ...well that's just my personal opinion of course.

Of course you can think that way. I don't mind Kanno's evil smile, coz it adds to her coolness factor 8) It's pretty random, but it tells us she's up to no good. Whenever she phones, she smiles. That's rather extra imo, but I don't mind ^^
snow_of_dawn wrote: I thought it might be Miwa especially because of the "you can come out from your hiding" part, but you make a point, if it is Miwa that will be a bit boring since most people must have already expected that. Though in the begining I was starting to think that Ukita assigned Mashima to look for Miwa because he wanted to track him down and kill him to hide up for something he had done in the past...just a feeling i got hehehehe.
I've always wondered why Miwa 'went missing'. He's not kidnapped or anything. He can take a taxi anywhere he likes without anyone knowing. He could really be avoiding someone who's trying to take his life (like what you said, Ukita or the one on the phone), or simply just helping Meiko with her revenge. Actually, I don't think Miwa is bad. He's well-loved by Mashima and his wife. Or maybe the script will surprise us with a twist...by not giving us a twist when we expected one...

dpedaci

Post by dpedaci » Nov 15th, '10, 11:41

The New Classics song sounds like a reworking of Coolio's Gangsta Paradise, which in turn is a reworking of Stevie Wonder's Pastime Paradise. Still can find out the name of it though.

snow_of_dawn

Post by snow_of_dawn » Nov 15th, '10, 16:23

shioki wrote:
I've always wondered why Miwa 'went missing'. He's not kidnapped or anything. He can take a taxi anywhere he likes without anyone knowing. He could really be avoiding someone who's trying to take his life (like what you said, Ukita or the one on the phone), or simply just helping Meiko with her revenge. Actually, I don't think Miwa is bad. He's well-loved by Mashima and his wife. Or maybe the script will surprise us with a twist...by not giving us a twist when we expected one...
If he's hiding from someone, i'd imagine it might be Meiko herself. In fact I think he's mostly one of the targets on the list, since he was in charge of collecting evidence (don't know what they call 鑑識 in English )and probably he played a role in hiding facts about the real criminal. When i first read the letter he left at his office, I thought he knew of Meiko's revenge plot, and wanted to stop her, u know he said "I have to put an end to all of this". ....Miwa is full of questions. But i'm sure of one thing, he will be one of the keys to unsolving the mystery around the crime 15 years ago.

Btw, did anyone think that Meiko might target doujima as well. You know the scene when he said that he doesn't care about the truth and whether she was actually innocent or not, he only cares about stories that can get sold and make him popular. At that moment, i felt he'll be one of her targets at some point, i even imagined the sentence she will tell him when she asks him to kill himself, "spreading stories not caring whether it's true or not deserves death. Pay your life as an atonement" :D

shioki

Post by shioki » Nov 17th, '10, 04:32

After watching ep6. The mystery unravel. Everything makes sense after these. Why Meiko knows so much? Why did Dojima point the detectives towards Miwa?
I guess I'm wrong. Dojima, not Miwa, HAD something to do with Meiko. Meiko probably had difficulty finding evidences on her own, and need help from the resourceful reporter for that. Dojima is really a true reporter, only caring about getting the first shot of someone's death.

What a surprise twist. I never thought of the crazy killer of Mashima's junior getting more screentime. Ukita is truly evil.

dpedaci

Post by dpedaci » Nov 19th, '10, 04:13

shioki wrote:
I don't think Kanaya hanged himself, I think he strangled himself, that's why he was starting to twist the tie around his neck after looping it around the exercise equipment. The equipment would give him the brace to twist the tie tightly, rather than allowing the weight of his body to cause the strangulation, the way hanging would. It still seems a little improbable, sort of like drowning yourself in the bathtub

shioki

Post by shioki » Nov 19th, '10, 10:02

dpedaci wrote:
I don't think Kanaya hanged himself, I think he strangled himself, that's why he was starting to twist the tie around his neck after looping it around the exercise equipment. The equipment would give him the brace to twist the tie tightly, rather than allowing the weight of his body to cause the strangulation, the way hanging would. It still seems a little improbable, sort of like drowning yourself in the bathtub
That sounds pretty complicated. ur hanging vs strangulation.
If i'm not wrong, strangulation involve using his hands to wrap the tie around his neck a few times? I have no idea if that's possible, but hanging sounds more possible. In shows, any death by strangulation usually involves hanging from the ground. So I also have the misconception that to die from hanging, one have to be hanging from the ceiling, or something.

I've read somewhere that to die from hanging, the pressure on the neck have to cause the blood and oxygen to the brain which results in death. (I think that's also how people die from strangulation.) To get enough enough pressure on the neck, he cannot use any strength on his legs so that only the neck is supporting his whole weight. Furthermore, the weight of the head is enough to cause death. That might be what he did, and if that's so, he must have really resolved himself to die, because I really can't imagine how he can die that way...by not supporting his weight with his legs, or any other body parts.

Ok, as I think about it, I suddenly remembered seeing him twist his body 180 degree before dying. Then he's gonna die as long as the twist is tight enough around his neck. Let me check out his death scene when I get home. Maybe his death was a combination of both.

snow_of_dawn

Post by snow_of_dawn » Nov 19th, '10, 15:06

shioki wrote:
Congratulations to everyone who was able to
guess that Doujima was the one helping Meiko out with her revenge plan :clap: As for me as i stated earlier, i still find it a bit hard to swallow....I mean how could she forget the fact that his article was the main reason her sis was pushed into committing suicide :scratch:

Second surprise in episode 6,
was the identity of the guy Ukita has been talking to over the phone,,,,The crazy arsonist,,, was bit hard to imagine and even harder to swallow....I mean come on guys, do you really think that when a head of police department needs someone to be killed he will turn to such a nut who he had just helped escape from being convicted for murder :glare: the guy is not a professional hit man, only kills people for fun (and let me tell you there's an infinite number of such guys in Japan). If i thought the fact doujima was meiko's accomplice hard to swallow, i have to admit this is even harder
But anyway, as shioki said, episode 6 helped unravel a lot of mystery points and answered many of our questions. Also i have to admit i liked Kanno's acting in this particular episode.
I liked the look she gave mashima in the street after she told him why she was convicted and sentenced with penal servitude.
anyhow, the more her acting feels better the more one feels how tamaki's acting is not good enough :lol

«minah»

Post by «minah» » Nov 19th, '10, 18:20

@snow of dawn

Thanks for the spoilers, now I'm sooooo excited to watch it now. ^_^ Was just about to, but decided to check to see if anyone else had anything to say about eppy 6.

shioki

Post by shioki » Nov 20th, '10, 06:32

snow_of_dawn wrote: Congratulations to everyone who was able to
guess that Doujima was the one helping Meiko out with her revenge plan :clap: As for me as i stated earlier, i still find it a bit hard to swallow....I mean how could she forget the fact that his article was the main reason her sis was pushed into committing suicide :scratch:
Yay..I guess I win the - Guess who's Meiko's helper (partially) :P But if Meiko has to get help from the one she hates the most, that says lots about her ability to dig up information about her victims. No wonder she will be forced into a corner the next ep.

I feel that Mashima's role in this show is pretty limited. Even Ukita played a bigger role in revenge. I guess that's what he get for being a police who isn't involved in any illegal dealings.Other than helping Miwa stall for more time and pestering Meiko constantly, he doesn't really do much. His investigation is getting nowhere too.

«minah»

Post by «minah» » Nov 20th, '10, 07:04

shioki wrote:

I feel that Mashima's role in this show is pretty limited. Even Ukita played a bigger role in revenge. I guess that's what he get for being a police who isn't involved in any illegal dealings.Other than helping Miwa stall for more time and pestering Meiko constantly, he doesn't really do much. His investigation is getting nowhere too.
Yeah... you're pretty much right. Mashima's also the center of the love triangle too so.... blaah. Mari and other similar characters piss me off so much. "I didn't break up wit you to be with some criminal!" If you didn't want him to be, shouldn't never broken up >_>. Don't get mad that you're not the center of his life. (not like he'll pull that crap if she went out with some criminal... girls lol) And it kinda bothered me because I was under the impression that she wanted to solve Meiko's case and figure out that she's been falsely charge. I highly doubt she was referring to her current actions (because she was jealous before she figure out her involvement in the suicides.)

I'm really mad about how people got influence and power to let crazy criminals go free. He kills for fun dang it! That's the problem with society... people who are meant to protect do sneaky things and try to cover it up, and get mad and try to keep the person who busted them quiet. And they gotta pay for their selfishness and actions (pretty much what this drama is about lol) But seriously, I dunno how the institution/asylum thingy even agree to let him go.

notoriousnoona

Post by notoriousnoona » Nov 22nd, '10, 06:12

Hi everyone. I haven't really read any thoughts just yet, I just wanted to drop in and say that I am thoroughly enjoying this drama. I can't wait week to week to see how it will all unravel. This is one wonderful drama and Tamaki is doing a wonderful job. Not to mention Miho. Loving it!

notoriousnoona

Post by notoriousnoona » Nov 22nd, '10, 06:39

«minah» wrote:
shioki wrote:

Yeah... you're pretty much right. Mashima's also the center of the love triangle too so.... blaah. Mari and other similar characters piss me off so much. "I didn't break up wit you to be with some criminal!" If you didn't want him to be, shouldn't never broken up >_>. Don't get mad that you're not the center of his life. (not like he'll pull that crap if she went out with some criminal... girls lol) And it kinda bothered me because I was under the impression that she wanted to solve Meiko's case and figure out that she's been falsely charge. I highly doubt she was referring to her current actions (because she was jealous before she figure out her involvement in the suicides.)

I'm really mad about how people got influence and power to let crazy criminals go free. He kills for fun dang it! That's the problem with society... people who are meant to protect do sneaky things and try to cover it up, and get mad and try to keep the person who busted them quiet. And they gotta pay for their selfishness and actions (pretty much what this drama is about lol) But seriously, I dunno how the institution/asylum thingy even agree to let him go.
I completely agree, however, I don't think that Mari really cares about Nogami's innocence. She's always given me the impression that she's just trying to be in Mashima-san's business. She may be a decent cop but she's let her emotions get the best of her for quite awhile(the duration of this show and possibly before that). Even when she mentions how she broke up with him, I was irritated cause I wanted to know how any of this became about her? From the beginning of the drama we knew that there was something between them in the past but Mashima-san has never given me the impression that he's sitting at home sad, pissed or depressed that they aren't together anymore. More than anything I've been annoyed with her from the start because she seems to pester and pull him more than she provides useful information by doing her stinking job! I feel like she's spent 6 episodes trying to prove to us and Mashima that she cares for him but all she's done in my mind is prove the opposite. I can understand being concerned for a friend and his downward spiral but that doesn't mean you ought to stalk or harass people. Also, Mashima seems to actually act like he's got some usefulness now that he's working to find out what the heck happened between Miwa-san and Nogami. I wouldn't be excited that my colleague/friend is having feelings for a suspect, however, he is grown and can make his own choices. I'd warn him but that's it. Being someone he can confide in if he wanted is what Mashima-san needs. Mari's inability to see that proves that she doesn't really care for him, which is probably why she couldn't stay in a relationship with him in the first place.

And you know, I hadn't thought about her referring to Nogami's past(cause I usually tune her out) but she must have been, ne? Because though I never thought she cared, I thought she was like the rest, realizing that Nogami really is quite possibly innocent. But there you go, proving again that all she is, is a jealous woman pretending to care but only trying to possess and oppress... Ugh! See that just angers me more! She's been a pain from the beginning but dang she knows how to dig a hole. She only redeemed a bit in ep. 5 when we see that she "may" actually be good at her job. MAY... I'm not convinced yet.

«minah»

Post by «minah» » Nov 22nd, '10, 18:09

@notoriousnoona Yay! Someone who can't stand her as much as meee! Lol.
I just hate it when ANY dramas/movies (from Japan or not) have characters such as her. But there really were scenes when I thought "Ok... I think she might care about her innocence.... especially that scene when the boss told everyone to find Miwa as a suspect. And that Mashima had his stuff stolen regarding that old case. But then she had to get mad when Meiko came out of his apartment all early in the morning and let more of that jealousy get the best of her. Another thing that gets me mad about shows like this... 99% of a problem/trust issue/almost break-up is due to a a misunderstanding. Because the person who misunderstood refuses to ask questions and just jump to conclusions (was just watching eppy 3 of Naareboshi and got pissed at the sister when she was upset to hear "Ryuta (spelling) made a woman cry." and she got all jealous and didn't want to talk to him when he said hi and saw that other girl pass by. But as soon as he said "Nee-chan!" her attitude changed 180 degrees. Why didn't she just ASK him what was that all about instead of jumping to conclusions and making him out as the bad guy!? >_> yeah off-topic)
But yeah, point being I hate it when they do stuff in shows. This show is the only show this season that I will watch first above others once subs are released. I really want to know about the case from 15 years.

Issy

Post by Issy » Nov 22nd, '10, 18:30

there is a third person who can't stand Marie here too. :P it's something to do with her character i guess. not cleverly written. or maybe she was not meant to be very important in the whole story.

«minah»

Post by «minah» » Nov 22nd, '10, 18:42

@Issy Lol. And the actress who plays her.... always seem to play roles in dramas in which I never really liked her character (EXCEPT Nodame... she was actually... funny lol)

Issy

Post by Issy » Nov 22nd, '10, 18:49

«minah» wrote:@Issy Lol. And the actress who plays her.... always seem to play roles in dramas in which I never really liked her character (EXCEPT Nodame... she was actually... funny lol)
same for me. somehow her acting is just too hard to swallow for me. she is not that bad but there is something about her that always feels the same in every character she take on. so i guess it comes from her short coming in portraying that role. i wrote in my first posts in this thread that not really a big fan of her and she did not win me with her character here too.

OhSnap

Post by OhSnap » Nov 22nd, '10, 23:35

The psychotic guy is soooooooo overacting. Even as a psycho, he's just a lil bit too over dramatic for me to feel that he's believable. As for Nogami Meiko's character, well I hope one day she just snaps and b**ch slaps Marie lol None of this polite, meek business whenever she gets confronted or called out on anything. That'd be more realistic to me at least haha Btw, Hiroshi's character looks better without the long hair and mustache IMO.

«minah»

Post by «minah» » Nov 23rd, '10, 05:45

Michiko (Mari's actress) is always bringing some kinda sex appeal to her characters (Bloody Monday, Hataraki Man... wow, realized her and Miho were both in this lol, Maou, even Homeroom by the Beachside... and kinda even in Nodame... well, these are all pretty much the roles I've seen her in) are somehow sexy-like and I dunno... it bothers me. Maybe that's why? I actually like how a woman her age can rock the short hair cut and look very desirable... but it's like that's always portrayed in all of her roles and either it's a coincidence or she just always do that. But it makes her characters very similar... I dunno it's hard to explain.

Y'know what weird? I think Miho looks ten years younger in this show than her previous role in Magereranai Onna where she looked like she was 40-ish. Not really important, but I kept thinking about that every time I watch Guilty. But I like how she can be very versatile in that sense.

Yay! OhSnap is part of the "I can't stand Mari" club lol! When I see Tamaki here, I still can't help to see him as a washed-up Chiaki... like, that's how Chiaki would look at 40 or 50. But it's weird, because last week I just finished re-watching Love Shuffle and I saw him as Tamaki not as Chiaki. And him in LS and Guilty... it's like two very different characters. I wouldn't even think that's the same person playing those characters. (I love actors like that. Versatility is key!! Take note of that Michiko >_> lol. I bet there's a drama of hers I need to watch that proves me wrong)