[Discussion] Nagareboshi (Takenouchi Yutaka, Ueto Aya)

Discuss Japanese drama series here.
xploring

Post by xploring » Nov 21st, '10, 14:45

arakira wrote:
I though Risa is falling for Kengo. She likes him a lot already and I think you can see how she actually wants to become a part of that family. Like the scenes at the table. When she told Kengo that he should divorce her quickly after the donation and go back to Minako and he said he wouldn't cause she's no longer his girlfriend, I just loved her face. Same with her disappointment when he told her at the lake that it was a family matter and she shouldn't get involved... Raelly think Ueto is doing a great job here!
Can't wait for tomorrows episode. As issy said, guess our main couple is up for some serious trouble . . . :whistling:
I didn't notice her reactions at all :doh: Was a bit sleepy, or probably too busy reading subtitles, got to go back and watch again tomorrow. Thanks for that.

Issy

Post by Issy » Nov 21st, '10, 15:16

Risa has definitely fallen for Kengo. no doubt about it. you just can see and feel it in every thing she says or everything she does. even though when she says stuff that indicate other way round, you still see her annoyance when she says them. like getting divorce from Kengo once everything is over, or she and him have no special relations. Aya is doing great job here to convey these feelings.

my problem with Maria
although i totally understand reasons behind all her reactions (finding out the truth about her health, her real family is not a joking matter) but i am annoyed at why she has little appreciation of what Kengo and his mother is doing for her sake. afterall, she and her mother are the reason (in kengo and his mom's eyes of course) behind them losing their happy family once they had ( i am not blaming her at all. just stating the facts). of course is not her fault but at the end of the day, they could easily forget about her and continue with their life. but they decided to take her in, treat her like a real daughter/sister and provide her with all love, attention and care that she needed to grow up to be such a lovely girl. but maybe this is too much to ask from a teenager nowdays.

roronoa

Post by roronoa » Nov 21st, '10, 15:51

An interesting drama with human touch and smoothly depicted human relations. Surely, it's not that complicated, it's so smoothly demonstrated as the jellyfish swim, and as AYA skillfully plays a difficult role. To tell the truth, AYA is not only gorgeous, but she is also proving to be a skillful actress, certainly not to mention the other staff. I really appreciate their work.
I'm working on Eng. subbing of this drama, but while doing that, I'm driven by them, to their milieu and the emotions they experience.

Issy

Post by Issy » Nov 21st, '10, 16:07

:salut: It's truly an interesting and fun drama to watch. one of my favourite Jdrama of this season.
Thanks for your subs :salut:

arakira
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by arakira » Nov 21st, '10, 17:51

Issy, I think what you said is exactly why she's acting the way she does :lol

roronoa, I send you a PM, finally :D

anamcara

Post by anamcara » Nov 22nd, '10, 12:48

Hi everyone! I come fresh from watching the first 3 episodes in one go and I am so LOVING this drama.
It is one of those rare dramas I keep rewinding to rewatch certain scenes instead of winding forward because I am bored or annoyed. Such a gem!

I suck at joining discussions but love reading all yours :D

I have a huge Takanouchi bias but nevertheless I would like to state that he is doing a great job here -as well as Ueta who comes as a pleasant surprise for me as I have not been too fond of her until now. And finally some good chemistry for Yutaka and his co-actress! He has not been very lucky regarding this aspect in his previous works.

One thing I was wondering too is the reason why Kengo and Risa had to get married. My guess: The law is strict and only allows family members to donate. So an examanation for compatibiliy ahead of the marriage would have been suspicous - or rather impossible. So Kengo had to take the risk of marriage even if Risa wasn't a compatible donor. Just my guess!

kaheiyeh

Post by kaheiyeh » Nov 22nd, '10, 12:58

Episode 6, just WOW! Missed a bit at the beginning cause my area had a blackout for a few minutes near the beginning, but I hope I didn't miss too much! :-(
I can't believe it ... that Ryota's dead, and just right after Maria kisses him as well ... :cry: I really hope this is a wake up for Maria if she doesn't want to end up like Ryota.

But what a shocker at the end!?! Minako suddenly saying that she'll be a donor for Maria after gaining courage to be one from Risa! Judging from the trailer for Episode 7, it seems like Risa's going to move out because of this, but Kengo wants her to come back. Finally seems like we'll see some development on Kengo's side of the relationship!

xploring

Post by xploring » Nov 22nd, '10, 13:06

anamcara wrote:
One thing I was wondering too is the reason why Kengo and Risa had to get married. My guess: The law is strict and only allows family members to donate. So an examanation for compatibiliy ahead of the marriage would have been suspicous - or rather impossible. So Kengo had to take the risk of marriage even if Risa wasn't a compatible donor. Just my guess!
Yes, that's it. The doctor handed them a chart/diagram of family relations in the first episode for the criteria. It was a very quick shot.
Probably to prevent organ trading

anamcara

Post by anamcara » Nov 22nd, '10, 13:18

Thank you xploring for enlightening me on this!

emmy21

Post by emmy21 » Nov 22nd, '10, 13:30

Just watched ep 6 on Keyhole. The quality is really terrible so I couldn't hear a lot of the dialogue properly. However major major major spoiler ahead....
RIP poor Ryota. :cry:

Anyway Risa was the one who told Maria that Kengo paid for her liver. RIsa spills the beans to Kamiya sensei, who promptly tells Kengo that he will not do the transplant as it is illegal.

The scenes with Ryota were very sad and touching. I wish he didn't have to die, but I was expecting it. Kamiya seems very affected by Ryota's death (as is Maria), and I think this will sway the decision for the transplant later on.

The cliff hanger at the end. After Risa tells Kengo she still wants to help Maria by being her donor, they meet Minako who was waiting outside their house. Minako says she will be Maria's donor instead.

Things are definitely getting very interesting! The trailer for the next ep shows Kengo asking Risa to return back. Am expecting more evil doings from Risa's brother too. He seems to be obsessed with Risa and can't bear to see her happy with another guy.

Romance

Post by Romance » Nov 22nd, '10, 13:59

Just want to drop in and say that I totally love this drama!
Can't wait for next week's ep (ep07) :D

Issy

Post by Issy » Nov 22nd, '10, 14:48

emmy21 wrote:Just watched ep 6 on Keyhole. The quality is really terrible so I couldn't hear a lot of the dialogue properly. However major major major spoiler ahead....
RIP poor Ryota. :cry:

Anyway Risa was the one who told Maria that Kengo paid for her liver. RIsa spills the beans to Kamiya sensei, who promptly tells Kengo that he will not do the transplant as it is illegal.

The scenes with Ryota were very sad and touching. I wish he didn't have to die, but I was expecting it. Kamiya seems very affected by Ryota's death (as is Maria), and I think this will sway the decision for the transplant later on.

The cliff hanger at the end. After Risa tells Kengo she still wants to help Maria by being her donor, they meet Minako who was waiting outside their house. Minako says she will be Maria's donor instead.

Things are definitely getting very interesting! The trailer for the next ep shows Kengo asking Risa to return back. Am expecting more evil doings from Risa's brother too. He seems to be obsessed with Risa and can't bear to see her happy with another guy.
:O Even though i saw it coming from ep1 and knew that it will happen for sure, but i am still very shocked and very sad.
i wonder how Kengo will react to Minako's reconsideration now. any how, i don't want her to go back to Kengo. my impression of her changing her mind is just to get Kengo back when she did not think he will find someone as soon as he did find Risa. she is not a bad person but in my eyes she lost all her positive sides when she backed last minute. also not saying that Risa's donation act is noble. but atleast she had her motives without starting the whole thing and when she had not met Kengo's family.
anyway, we kind of know who will end up with Kengo. oooor, we don't? :scratch:
can wait to see today's ep. :-(

fleng

Post by fleng » Nov 23rd, '10, 02:35

Havent caught up with Jdrama in awhile... and started watching this drama because of the two leading actors/actresses...

Story is subtlety calm and even tho there are problems here and there, its good to see them depend on each other..

one of the best Jdrama this season.

Still waiting for episode 6 to be up on you know where and get translated :0

kawaiiruna

Post by kawaiiruna » Nov 23rd, '10, 13:57

"mezamashi terebi~kobukuro-nagareboshi"
ImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vxY8KqXPz30
credit: mattchan1203 & jinzoaya

xploring

Post by xploring » Nov 23rd, '10, 15:21

Didn't enjoy episode 6 much. Skipped over most of the scenes with Risa's brother but I like the scene at the end walking along the shore... A lot more development next episode, looking forward to it.
Sounds like Risa may be willing to repay the money and may have even told Kengo by the shore at the end there. Not sure what's going to happen now with Minako's decision...

Romance

Post by Romance » Nov 24th, '10, 16:32

I liked ep 6 but i really can't believe Inagaki Goro's character in this one, just want to give him a punch in the face 8)

anniems11470

Post by anniems11470 » Nov 24th, '10, 16:40

I usually passive member, this is my first post here...
Sometimes i wonder why i start watching Nagareboshi before it finished airing, usually i wait until all episode aired and have complete subtitles....
now a week feel longer than usual *sigh
I like this drama, hope it still good till the end
can't wait to see eps 7
kaheiyeh wrote:
I can't believe it ... that Ryota's dead, and just right after Maria kisses him as well ... :cry: I really hope this is a wake up for Maria if she doesn't want to end up like Ryota.

But what a shocker at the end!?! Minako suddenly saying that she'll be a donor for Maria after gaining courage to be one from Risa! Judging from the trailer for Episode 7, it seems like Risa's going to move out because of this, but Kengo wants her to come back. Finally seems like we'll see some development on Kengo's side of the relationship!
.... I like when Risa and Kengo talk now and then, like how he feels when he met Ryota and worried about Maria, etc.
Last edited by anniems11470 on Nov 30th, '10, 17:53, edited 1 time in total.

serene012

Post by serene012 » Nov 24th, '10, 16:44

looks interesting!
will be in my watch-list

Peggy

Post by Peggy » Nov 24th, '10, 23:19

I agree that Takeno looks so young these days. He must have a secret room with a portrait showing him as he would be if he ever aged. For sure right now he looks to be in his twenties. so radiant and so healthy looking.
It sounds a very dramatic story and such a good cast.

arakira
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by arakira » Nov 24th, '10, 23:44

Hehe yes, Peg, it's like he jumped right out of that story!
The other cast is also doing a great job. Give it a try and see how much better he got with age, still^^

yuizaki_libra

Post by yuizaki_libra » Nov 25th, '10, 00:44

My theory is
Minako's liver is not compatible
but then maybe it's not gonna be as interesting if that is the case - Kengo would have an easy choice and there's not gonna be much of internal struggles from which he will realize that
he loves Risa
Does anyone think that it's gonna be this predictable? What's your theory? :P

Romance

Post by Romance » Nov 25th, '10, 09:47

kawaiiruna wrote:"mezamashi terebi~kobukuro-nagareboshi"
ImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vxY8KqXPz30
credit: mattchan1203 & jinzoaya
Haha the last pic there with "Kengo" is hillarious :D

Issy

Post by Issy » Nov 25th, '10, 13:07

xploring wrote:Didn't enjoy episode 6 much. Skipped over most of the scenes with Risa's brother but I like the scene at the end walking along the shore... A lot more development next episode, looking forward to it.
Sounds like Risa may be willing to repay the money and may have even told Kengo by the shore at the end there. Not sure what's going to happen now with Minako's decision...
I just can't bring myself to watch this ep. wondering if i should skip and wait till ep7 :scratch:

xploring

Post by xploring » Nov 26th, '10, 05:55

Issy wrote:
xploring wrote:Didn't enjoy episode 6 much. Skipped over most of the scenes with Risa's brother but I like the scene at the end walking along the shore... A lot more development next episode, looking forward to it.
I just can't bring myself to watch this ep. wondering if i should skip and wait till ep7 :scratch:
You can skip forward a few minutes if you don't like what you are watching, or watch the Kengo-Risa scenes only, there are a couple of those at least... The scenes without Maria, Ryota or Risa's brother are easy to watch.

I was surprised that
the big secret was revealed to everyone so quickly and easily, thought it would have a much bigger buildup and be a lot more dramatic. I like it this way though.

Issy

Post by Issy » Nov 29th, '10, 00:45

So i watched the whole ep6 and i have to say i really did NOT enjoy it. just looking forward to next ep now.
but i think
Maria really deserved that slap from Kengo. but i see (from the ep7 preview) that Ryuta's death had a big impact on her. i hope is just not too late though (she did not seem to be well at that scene)
Risa's brother really annoying me at the moment. I can't even stand him talking so softly now. i wonder if he took the money from Kengo's mother or not. knowing him, i think he did. but why he is insisting taking Risa back now? maybe to blackmail them for more money?

and Minako is back all thanks to Risa. but i think she knows it very well that Risahas captured Kengo's heart. she saw his eyes following Risa as she walked away.

kaheiyeh

Post by kaheiyeh » Nov 29th, '10, 01:19

Issy wrote:So i watched the whole ep6 and i have to say i really did NOT enjoy it. just looking forward to next ep now.
but i think
Maria really deserved that slap from Kengo. but i see (from the ep7 preview) that Ryuta's death had a big impact on her. i hope is just not too late though (she did not seem to be well at that scene)
Risa's brother really annoying me at the moment. I can't even stand him talking so softly now. i wonder if he took the money from Kengo's mother or not. knowing him, i think he did. but why he is insisting taking Risa back now? maybe to blackmail them for more money?

and Minako is back all thanks to Risa. but i think she knows it very well that Risahas captured Kengo's heart. she saw his eyes following Risa as she walked away.
Yup, Risa's brother has taken the money. The official site's trailer for the next episode says that Risa discovers that when she returns to her apartment.

But yes, I really do hope that Ryota's death was a wake up call for her to rethink her situation and all the lengths that others have gone to try and save her.

yuizaki_libra

Post by yuizaki_libra » Nov 29th, '10, 13:06

Just watched ep 7. It was gooood
That Kengo-Risa gaze in the end and that hug in the preview killed me. Finally something we all have been waiting for.
Maria had a change of heart and accepted to go through the surgery. Risa's brother sent the hospital some info regarding the money Kengo gave Risa but Kamiya-sensei convinced his superiors that there would be no problem to continue with the operation. Everything's fine now, except that the brother seemed to be meeting a journalist or something
Anticipate ep 8 so much now
there will be some sweet moments between Risa and Kengo yay
[/spoiler]

yuta_rule

Post by yuta_rule » Nov 29th, '10, 13:15

ep 7 is so amazing! loved every minute of it.
but the stupid connection went haywire at one of the most crucial scenes.
can someone tell me what risa said as she lifted up her shirt?

Issy

Post by Issy » Nov 29th, '10, 13:15

:O I can't really wait to see ep7 then.
all i want to see is some romantic and emotional scenes between Risa and Kengo to make up for all these frustrations and anger that i get every time i see the brother. :crazy:

yuta_rule

Post by yuta_rule » Nov 29th, '10, 13:20

ya that hell of a brother.
i think the director & writer are really good at building the relationship of risa and kengo. sure we want more, but i think given the circumstances under which they two came together in the first place, how the relationship is developing is much more believable.

but ya, we're all dying for some really lovely scenes between our two leads.

omg...and can i say this, Takenouchi and Ueto really look very cute together. awesome!!

didn't really see the preview. what was there?

yuizaki_libra

Post by yuizaki_libra » Nov 29th, '10, 13:43

@yuta_rule:
Kengo lets Risa ride his bike and they both look sweetly at each other lol. And Kengo hugs her at one point. I was so happy to see those scenes that I can't rmb what else there was in the preview. Eh and Maria seems to remain unconscious.
When Risa lifted up her shirt, she asked Kengo to remember how her stomach looked like and Kengo said "shikkari" - i think

yuta_rule

Post by yuta_rule » Nov 29th, '10, 13:57

yuizaki_libra wrote:@yuta_rule:
Kengo lets Risa ride his bike and they both look sweetly at each other lol. And Kengo hugs her at one point. I was so happy to see those scenes that I can't rmb what else there was in the preview. Eh and Maria seems to remain unconscious.
When Risa lifted up her shirt, she asked Kengo to remember how her stomach looked like and Kengo said "shikkari" - i think
thank you so much yuizaki!
i cant help but find that scene so romantic in a very odd way?
like there's no skinship between these two and yet risa showed him a part of her...love that!
oh no...Maria remains unconscious? dont tell me the operation's a failure?!!! wow that would totally introduce another angle to the story and we're only left with 4 episodes!! gah!!
and my connection was totally screwy at the end...the woman risa's brother was meeting with, who's she? any hunch?

yuizaki_libra

Post by yuizaki_libra » Nov 29th, '10, 14:17

Erm
I think she's like a reporter or something? I guess after he has made known to the superiors at the hospital about the money transaction, the next sensible step would be making it known to the public wouldn't it?
Also, keyhole did go haywire for me during the preview; all I saw was Maria lying on the bed and I couldn't hear the conversation clearly - so again, maybe I'm just over-interpreting things :))

xploring

Post by xploring » Nov 30th, '10, 05:22

Episode 7 was really good, looks like there will be even more
lovely scenes between Kengo and Risa in the next episode. I like how Risa told Maria about Kengo saving her life. Didn't expect the operation to happen until near the end of the series. Hopefully the story arc with the press won't be emphasized too much, very much looking forward to the next episode.

melvinj13

Post by melvinj13 » Nov 30th, '10, 06:57

can i have the raw link for episode7 please?? thanks thanks..

yuizaki_libra

Post by yuizaki_libra » Nov 30th, '10, 07:15

^ No torrent link has been posted yet. Keep checking the torrents in d-addicts; a link should be posted by today.

nerduban

Post by nerduban » Dec 5th, '10, 14:23

yuizaki_libra wrote:^ No torrent link has been posted yet. Keep checking the torrents in d-addicts; a link should be posted by today.
There is one 1080p post, but it is huge for my laptop, still waiting for a 720p version. :roll

yuta_rule

Post by yuta_rule » Dec 6th, '10, 15:08

ep8 is mad amazing!!!
i think Nagareboshi is probably one of the best scripted and best acted j-dramas ever.

yuizaki_libra

Post by yuizaki_libra » Dec 6th, '10, 15:35

missed it :( gonna watch it tmr \m/

How's the preview for ep 9, anyone?

kaheiyeh

Post by kaheiyeh » Dec 6th, '10, 20:02

yuizaki_libra wrote:missed it :( gonna watch it tmr \m/

Seems like it will focus on the media frenzy that Risa's brother has created. Near the end of the episode, the media informs him that it has published what he wanted, but I assume that what was published wasn't what he wanted because his face went from happy to "omg" in a second when he heard it. He also runs to the nearest convenient store and grabs the paper and stares at it with a shocked face.

And was it just me, or did anyone else really like that scene where Kengo's helping Risa learn how to ride a bike? Like how Risa keeps saying "Don't let go (of the bike)". It just seems to be how she really feels about their relationship at the moment!

Issy

Post by Issy » Dec 7th, '10, 13:22

ep8 is not uploaded yet. or have i missed it some where? :scratch:
I really can't wait to watch this ep.

kawaiiruna

Post by kawaiiruna » Dec 7th, '10, 13:51

epsd 7 (720p ver) is not uploaded yet too :unsure:

yuizaki_libra

Post by yuizaki_libra » Dec 8th, '10, 01:04

kaheiyeh wrote:
yuizaki_libra wrote:missed it :( gonna watch it tmr \m/

Seems like it will focus on the media frenzy that Risa's brother has created. Near the end of the episode, the media informs him that it has published what he wanted, but I assume that what was published wasn't what he wanted because his face went from happy to "omg" in a second when he heard it. He also runs to the nearest convenient store and grabs the paper and stares at it with a shocked face.

And was it just me, or did anyone else really like that scene where Kengo's helping Risa learn how to ride a bike? Like how Risa keeps saying "Don't let go (of the bike)". It just seems to be how she really feels about their relationship at the moment!
Thanks. I think you're right. The bike scene is like a metaphor for their relationship at that point. I really liked it when Kengo said
someday, i will have to let go
Issy wrote:ep8 is not uploaded yet. or have i missed it some where? :scratch:
I really can't wait to watch this ep.
Yup, some of us here watched on keyhole at the time of the broadcast. For me, if I miss it, I would watch it on a chinese website the next day. Anyway, the link for ep8 is up now. Enjoy! =)

melvinj13

Post by melvinj13 » Dec 8th, '10, 03:55

any links where i can download or watch nagareboshi ep8 aside from rutube?? thanks thanks :=))

xploring

Post by xploring » Dec 8th, '10, 05:17

melvinj13 wrote:any links where i can download or watch nagareboshi ep8 aside from rutube?? thanks thanks :=))
http://www.d-addicts.com/forum/viewtopi ... tm#1348669

Issy

Post by Issy » Dec 8th, '10, 11:17

OMG, I totally loved this ep. it was such sweet ep to watch that makes you wish it was the final ep because you just adore how it ended.
i think this is the first time that i have watched an ep of Nagareboshi and was totally happy and enjoyed every minute of it. no angry or frustrating moments to boil your blood.
specially when Risa build up the courage to stand against her brother actually tells him to go out of her life for good.
Also Maria recovering and Minako accepting the fact that Kengo is in love with Risa and asking her to take care of Kengo from now on.
I do think that Kengo is very reserved person in general but even like this, you could see that he did not want Risa to leave. those scenes where he was teaching Risa how to cycle was so adorable and cute. and yes, i too though "don't let go" and "not letting go" said by both Kengo and Risa had a deeper meaning than what they seem to.
and the last scene, the very scene that we all have been waiting for such a long time, was just perfect. i don't know, how many times i re-winded that scene so my eyes can actually believe what they are watching.
the only thing made me confused is what was written in that news paper to make evil brother worried. i really want to know.
preview for ep9 is not a happy one again. it seems that Kengo is resigning from his job because of what has been written about him.

:cry:

yuizaki_libra

Post by yuizaki_libra » Dec 8th, '10, 14:58

melvinj13 wrote:any links where i can download or watch nagareboshi ep8 aside from rutube?? thanks thanks :=))
You can watch any new episode on http://www.qire123.com/japan/liuxingriju/. The quality is not bad for streaming, and a new episode is usually up within a day after it is broadcast =)

emmy21

Post by emmy21 » Dec 8th, '10, 17:11

Aww.. I really loved episode 8. So many sweet moments and the ending was just perfect! Issy, I feel the same!! If only this was the last episode!

Not really looking forward to next week cos there's lots of trouble ahead based on the preview...
Next week, the tabloid reporter hounds everyone and Kamiya Sensei and Kengo both resign from their jobs. :-(

Anyway when I first watched ep 8 on keyhole, I thought that Risa brother's reaction to the newspaper report was because they didn't write what he told them. Was hoping it would be an expose on the brother instead and how he dumped his debts on his sis and sponged off her. But after watching the HD, I froze the frame of the newspaper report at the end. The report doesn't seem to mention names but is just about the contract marriage and organ purchase. Nothing about her brother. Only thing I can think of is perhaps he's upset as the newspaper headline and article refers to Risa as a Image Club sex industry worker saddled with illegal debts. He may have portrayed Risa as an innocent girl deceived by Kengo and didn't expect them to dig out her background? Either that he wasn't paid before the story ran?
Only two more episodes to go! Am going to miss this drama when it ends. Hope the ending will be a really sweet one!

arakira
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by arakira » Dec 9th, '10, 22:17

Aww, finally got to watch ep 8...Issy, I agree with you, t'was perfect ;)
I loved how they portrayed Kengo's growing love for Risa.
The scenes on the bike, at dinner and in the end (loled at how she said she came to meet the jellyfish one last time...So heartwarming and cute, I had to rewatch multiple times, too.
I also enjoyed Kamiya and Risa talking about their hard times when they were children. Never would have guessed Kamiya had similar experiences. wonder whether that's what made him believe in her and help them get the surgery.
About the preview:
I think the bro got angry cause the article portrayed Risa as the evil **** who ripped off an innocent family for the money (Risa shouted at the reporter woman that she didn't deceive them).
Still, since Minako bugged off and everybody else likes Risa, I'm sure we'll get a happy end...just hope the brother will have to pay :P

sp4078

Post by sp4078 » Dec 9th, '10, 23:57

I love the end of eps 8
The hug is so sweet :cry:, very subtle but touching. And I really wish Kengo would turn the evil bro into fish food or feed him to the shark. What a loser. But somehow, Risa still has a soft spot for him or sth

notoriousnoona

Post by notoriousnoona » Dec 10th, '10, 10:02

I absolutely loved this ep! I've watched it about 4 times now. But being that I understand little to no Japanese, I do have couple questions for those that do:
What did Kengo and Risa discuss after she asked about Maria? What did Kengo's mom say at dinner? And what did Maria say to Kengo in her room after his friends left and what was his response?
I think I have a general idea about the last 2 questions but I still can't quite decipher the first.
Thank you sooo much!

kaheiyeh

Post by kaheiyeh » Dec 10th, '10, 10:28

notoriousnoona wrote:I absolutely loved this ep! I've watched it about 4 times now. But being that I understand little to no Japanese, I do have couple questions for those that do:
What did Kengo and Risa discuss after she asked about Maria? What did Kengo's mom say at dinner? And what did Maria say to Kengo in her room after his friends left and what was his response?
I think I have a general idea about the last 2 questions but I still can't quite decipher the first.
Thank you sooo much!
Not sure which parts you mean but here goes ...
1) I assume this is the first scene where Kengo's waiting for Risa to wake up. Kengo informs her that the operation is a success. Risa then asks Kengo to go to Maria's side but dismisses it saying his mum is already there with her. She then goes on to say that with the operation successful, the contract is finally fulfilled. Kengo then leaves to call a doctor.

2) Is this the first one where she just returns from the hospital? Or the one where she cooks dinner the night before she leaves? In the former, Kengo's mum tells Risa that she can stay at their house as it is at the moment if she wants to, to which Risa replies that she'll move out because that's part of the contract. Kengo then says that she can stay until she finds a place to move to.

3) I assume this is the scene where Kengo's unpacking all the gifts, including a christmas tree thing in a clear box. Maria asks what will happen with Risa now to which Kengo replies that she'll be leaving the house. Maria then tells Kengo that it really wasn't something that anyone could do and that it wouldn't have worked out if it wasn't for Risa. She then tells Kengo that she's happy he chose Risa.

arakira
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by arakira » Dec 10th, '10, 16:25

notoriousnoona:
It's subbed already at viki.com.
There're no softsubs since there's already 2 groups providing them here, but the eps are usually subbed during the week.

yuta_rule

Post by yuta_rule » Dec 12th, '10, 02:09

i watched ep8 many times too...
my goodness, yutaka's acting is just so wonderful...even his back can act. lol...
don't you guys love the part where he
lost sight of risa and the van she was in and how he gave this really bittersweet smile, that was kinda like telling himself that it must be fate that he lost her and then he rode off in sadness?
and i simply loved the bicycle scene....that was so well scripted and acted. i haven't really watched many of Ueto Aya's dramas, but she's really good as well...

hhnd

Post by hhnd » Dec 12th, '10, 11:00

[spoiler]I love ep 8 like most people on here, and absolutely adore Yutaka x Aya :wub: At times that's the only thing that keeps me watching - their amazing, amazing chemistry and individual acting. Before watching this, I heard various opinions regarding Aya's acting, but she totally convinced me this time :-) .

Up to this point, I hate the brother like hell and think he's the one weakness of the script, that he seems to be the character made up just to ruin everything, and he himself doesn't have a purpose except to be the bad guy. Watching him was excruciating at times. You know how one-dimensional character is very boring. Most dramas have a bad guy, but in my opinions the good dramas have the more interesting "bad guy" instead of the usual boring one.

But, ep 8 changed my opinion regarding her brother. The bicycle scene illustrates this very clearly. Her brother, in a way, loves her in the most selfish manner and only wants to keep her for himself, even if that means she'll be living a miserable life. Like how Risa said her brother tried to teach her to ride a bike, but never let go - a metaphor for his selfish "love" (if we can call it that). Kengo, on the other hand, taught her how to ride a bike and let her go. Similar to the scene where Risa departs, Kengo didn't ask her to stay, his mother did. And in a way, it was perfect that he lost sight of her first, then found her again, because it shows that this time she is the one who wants to stay.
[/spoiler]

I just thought that the bicycle scene is amazing on several levels, just like that :-) Can't wait for ep 9, but I think it'll be a sad one :cussing:

kaheiyeh

Post by kaheiyeh » Dec 14th, '10, 03:27

Episode 9 ...
I really wanted to reach into my TV and strangle Risa's brother! Seems like he tries to strangle Maria at the hospital while she's sleeping although the outcome of it ... I don't really have a real logical clue as to why her brother would go to such lengths though. How will strangling Maria to death fix anything? Apart from pleasing himself, I think nothing good will come out of it.

Risa's lines when she's on the phone to Kengo after he "confesses" to the journalist were really well done. It seems that it's the first time Risa's expressed what she really feels; it's always been Kengo up till now.

And as a bonus, I love how they made it such that when Risa says, "People say you'll see a lot of shooting stars tonight" is actually true because of the peak of the Geminid Meteor Shower was the day it aired!
Very sad that it's coming to an end next week :cry:

Issy

Post by Issy » Dec 15th, '10, 02:23

OMG, ep9
i too just want to do something horrible to Risa's brother as he has been super evil through out this drama. there is something wrong with his mental status for sure. he is not normal. i thought that he was just a leach living high on his sister expense but i guess there is some issues and scars left in him from his childhood. i still can't sympathise with him.
i am sure he will do no harm to maria and it's just a cliff hanger that they left us with till last ep next week.

all Risa and Kengo's scene were so emotional and heart melting that got my eyes in tears. so frustrated on why Kengo taking all the responsibilities. i know he is doing it for Risa's sake but it's just NOT fair.

and it seems that evil brother is trying to end his evil life. not sure if this is going to happen or not but i don't mind it at all.

Romance

Post by Romance » Dec 18th, '10, 09:32

EP 9 omg.... can't wait for next.... only that...

arakira
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by arakira » Dec 18th, '10, 21:12

kaheiyeh wrote:Episode 9 ...
I really wanted to reach into my TV and strangle Risa's brother! Seems like he tries to strangle Maria at the hospital while she's sleeping although the outcome of it ... I don't really have a real logical clue as to why her brother would go to such lengths though. How will strangling Maria to death fix anything? Apart from pleasing himself, I think nothing good will come out of it.

Risa's lines when she's on the phone to Kengo after he "confesses" to the journalist were really well done. It seems that it's the first time Risa's expressed what she really feels; it's always been Kengo up till now.

And as a bonus, I love how they made it such that when Risa says, "People say you'll see a lot of shooting stars tonight" is actually true because of the peak of the Geminid Meteor Shower was the day it aired!
Very sad that it's coming to an end next week :cry:
I agree with you 100% and thanks for the info on the meteor shower! Such a lovely detail!!
That telephone conversation at the end was also my highlight of this episode. It really made me tear up when she said she didn't have a place to go home to and Kengo couldn't say anything else but sorry...

Even more than seeing that terrible brother strangle Maria, I felt sad about Kengo heading to the police station...I really really hope he won't go to jail and we won't get a long period of time packed into the last episode...
even though it would be cheesy I hope they catch Risa's bro for attempted murder and he'll somehow wake up about being in the way of his sister's happiness and confess everything...

I'm dying to see a happy end!!

noshadow31

Post by noshadow31 » Dec 20th, '10, 05:29

@kaheiyeh wow the meteor shower really happened on that day? how lovely :D the scriptwriter/production team really did a good job on this :D

if only they could do a better job on the Risa's brother character. LOL
I'm waiting to see him die in the last episode.
Scriptwriter, please don't let me down. LOL :P

They should have made the brother crippled since childhood because of Risa's mistake or something. that way, it'd be more believable that Risa always sacrifice herself to help him. Maybe things will be explained in the last episode. Maybe Risa is the reason their parents died? (Has the parents cause of death been mentioned in the show? I don't remember.)
In case you are wondering, the person in my avatar is Lee Taemin from SHINee. :wub:

dria_ni

Post by dria_ni » Dec 20th, '10, 15:49

did you guys see the ending part of this monday episode? omo .. they'r hugging each other in d end, before that kengo said something "kaeru .." i dont understand japanese .. but i think the thingskengo said is so sweet :)
well i've lost 30 mins not watching it .. but i think this is d best episode that i saw :) hoping for more on epi 11 :) cant wait cant wait!

Kae

Post by Kae » Dec 20th, '10, 15:57

Oh, so it's 11 eps then? More goodness :) Just in time for Christmas.
Recently watched/Currently watching: JIN 2, BOSS 2, Can You Hear My Heart :wub:

kaheiyeh

Post by kaheiyeh » Dec 21st, '10, 00:07

dria_ni wrote:did you guys see the ending part of this monday episode? omo .. they'r hugging each other in d end, before that kengo said something "kaeru .." i dont understand japanese .. but i think the thingskengo said is so sweet :)
well i've lost 30 mins not watching it .. but i think this is d best episode that i saw :) hoping for more on epi 11 :) cant wait cant wait!
It's only 10 episodes ... unless they make a special, which I think isn't likely.

yuizaki_libra

Post by yuizaki_libra » Dec 21st, '10, 01:19

dria_ni wrote:did you guys see the ending part of this monday episode? omo .. they'r hugging each other in d end, before that kengo said something "kaeru .." i dont understand japanese .. but i think the thingskengo said is so sweet :)
He said "Let's go home together" :DD
I'm so pleased with the ending xD

suedbee

Post by suedbee » Dec 21st, '10, 02:16

Best ending evah! :wub:

Thank you, kind uploader...

kawaiiruna

Post by kawaiiruna » Dec 21st, '10, 06:24

agree..
best ending ever...so sweet..so romantic :wub: i'm gonna miss this drama so much :cry:

Issy

Post by Issy » Dec 21st, '10, 13:49

kawaiiruna wrote:agree..
best ending ever...so sweet..so romantic :wub: i'm gonna miss this drama so much :cry:
Oh My, anxiously and patiently waiting for final ep upload.

kaheiyeh

Post by kaheiyeh » Dec 21st, '10, 14:11

kawaiiruna wrote:agree..
Keepin' with the theme, the ending is ヤベ!

yuta_rule

Post by yuta_rule » Dec 21st, '10, 14:30

i absolutely love the ending...
the hug & kiss was just amazing and so perfect. it's so befitting of kengo and risa's relatioship, you see the immense joy of the reunion, and the understated passion that's within them
while i would have loved for more screen time between yutaka and aya, i'm very pleased.
hope the both of them can collaborate again in another capacity, they are so awesome together.

noshadow31

Post by noshadow31 » Dec 22nd, '10, 16:38

very satisfying ending :)

yutaka x ueto have awesome chemistry. more than anyone expected (at least more than I expected)

questions though
- did kengo get imprisoned at all?
- at the end, risa's brother just went to a random woman of his or something?
- how could the brother fake bad leg in front of the hospital people? they should know their patients condition, no? if he's fully recovered, wouldn't they have known?

sorry for being petty over little things.
In case you are wondering, the person in my avatar is Lee Taemin from SHINee. :wub:

Oretachi

Post by Oretachi » Dec 23rd, '10, 13:29

How cool does with Akira since! Finally a new drama based on Gokusen! I must still look at the load and
*LOL*

DJG666

Post by DJG666 » Dec 23rd, '10, 19:19

I think ending was HORRIBLE, said first user ever :> Of course there wasn't anything better, rather other "drama's" were much worse, than Nagareboshi this season, which makes Nagareboshi quite OK. Now right to the points: where is the "touchy-feely love" of some sort? :)~ Don't mean US-soap-like over the top fakiness but just a hug at it's best?! Many times I felt that...I can hardly tell how characters feel, in general (hence not being Japanese myself). Almost bored. Fuji were much more expressive before so looks like it's on purpose as Takenouchi, Ueto requested.
A storyline needed more variety by decreasing certain plot parts. Kitano was adorable but "time at the hospital" took a solid first half. Surrounding "friends" could've been bolder instead, such as Minako, Ryota and so on.
Last, but not least: too predictable. About two hard to guess moments throughout ten episodes is very plain. It's not a suspense thriller or a comedy but not being surprised doesn't increase my interest ether.
Overall Shooting Star gets my "watchable" ratings. Wasn't anything new or exciting.

emmy21

Post by emmy21 » Dec 24th, '10, 04:29

I'm satisfied with the ending as well. But like noshadow, I have a lot of unanswered questions. I actually watched the episode on keyhole on monday, and thought I was missing some details cos of the bad connection. Waited till I could watch it again properly.
The last episode totally skipped over the entire incident and buildup for ep 9. If Kengo turned himself him, how come he wasn't punished? Granted that he quit his job and is now a low key cargo worker. But no repercussions to anyone? Everyone just lay low and the incident went away? The tabloids gave up the pursuit of the story? And Risa's brother? That part was really strange. I feel like I missed an entire episode in between!

DJG666, there was some "kissing" at the last scene. LOL. However, I also got the sense that both actors were perhaps a little uncomfortable with actual kissing, so all we got were lots of tight hugs and those fake angled 'kisses'! LOL.

However, at least Risa and Kengo are together in the end. I still love the entire drama, and love the chemisty between them. Overall a good drama and it kept me glued week to week. :thumright:

misa567

Post by misa567 » Dec 24th, '10, 06:08

Of course there were flaws and unaswered questions that could have and probably should have been addressed and/or tied up, but at least we got our happy ending. While I love dramas that make me think and aren't so straight forward, this was a simple love story at heart and you really saw the growth from a relationship where one person benefits from the other to one of true love, understanding, compassion and caring. I loved this drama and would highly recommend it, minor flaws and all.

4everU

Post by 4everU » Dec 24th, '10, 08:24

I ABOSULETLY LOVED THIS DRAMA!! RISA AND KENGO MAKE SUCH A ADORABLE SWEET ROMANTIC COUPLE!!! i totally understand those who say there were some loose ends, however i guess its a japanese drama they tend to do that...and 10 eps are not alot. i wish there were more!! :( i never would have expected ueto and Yutaka would make such an amazing couple! i loved the story and how it developed it seemed so real and i disagree with the person who said they couldnt see the emotion,i believe they had so much emotion without over reacting... i loved loved the SWEET ending!!! i just wish they had more romantic times between them two!! :w00t: ..its a simple, and beautiful story! :)