[Discussion] GOU ~Himetachi no Sengoku~

Discuss Japanese drama series here.
yanie
Fansubber
Fansubber

[Discussion] GOU ~Himetachi no Sengoku~

Post by yanie » Jul 5th, '10, 08:31

The main cast of 2011 NHK Taiga, GOU ~Himetachi no Sengoku~ (The Princesses of the Warring States), has been announced!!

Ueno Juri as Gou, the official/first wife of the 2nd Tokugawa shogun

ImageImage

Mukai Osamu as Gou's husband, the 2nd Tokugawa shogun, Tokugawa Hidetada

Miyazawa Rie as Chacha / Lady Yodo, Gou's eldest sister, Toyotomi Hideyoshi's 2nd wife / concubine

Mizukawa Asami as Hatsu, Gou's second sister

Suzuki Honami as Ichi, Gou's mother, Oda Nobunaga's younger sister

Tokito Saburo as Azai Nagamasa, Gou's father, the head of Azai clan

Etsushi Toyokawa as Oda Nobunaga, Gou's uncle, a major daimyo (feudal lord) during the Sengoku period of Japanese history

Kishitani Goro as Toyotomi Hideyoshi, Gou's adoptive father, a daimyo who served Oda Nobunaga

Kitaoji Kinya as Tokugawa Ieyasu, Gou's father-in-law, the 1st Tokugawa shogun

Saitou Takumi as Kyogoku Takatsugu, Gou's brother-in-law, Hatsu's husband, a daimyo of the Omi province

Seto Koji as Mori Ranmaru, Oda Nobunaga's servant

Press Conference with the female cast and with the male cast.

Script will be written by Tabuchi Kumiko.
Music will be composed by Yoshimata Ryo.

Both were in charge of the 2008 NHK Taiga drama, Atsu-hime, which was a hit and successful. And it's original soundtrack CD achieved best-selling record.

source: http://www.nhk.or.jp/dramatopics-blog/2500/53320.html

GOU tells the life of Gou (also known as Oeyo or Ogou), who was a prominently-placed figure in late-Sengoku period. She was the wife of Tokugawa Hidetada, who would become the second Tokugawa shogun. She was also the mother of his successor Iemitsu (the third shogun), and the one who started to build the Ooku (Inner Palace).

SYNOPSIS
(not only from the history, but what is written in the NHK page)
Azai Nagamasa (Tokito Saburo) is the daimyo(feudal lord) of Omi-no-kuni. The third generation of the Azai family clan and the last head of the clan. He lives in the Odani castle surrounded by the beautiful Lake Biwa and mountain.

He established alliance with Oda Nobunaga (Etsushi Toyokawa) of the Oda clan, and so he get to marry Nobunaga's younger sister, Ichi (Suzuki Honami), who has an extraordinary beauty.

The whole story starts from Nagamasa and Ichi's encounter...

Ichi loves her brother dearly and so she was willing to get married to the Azai family, for Oda family's sake. But as she reached the Omi land, Nagamasa immediately stole her heart.

As Nagamasa and Ichi's love for each other deepened, Chacha (Miyazawa Rie) and Hatsu (Mizukawa Asami) were born. But the peace between the Oda clan and the Azai clan didn't last long. A big war between the two clans has to happen, in the end.

The fates of Chacha, Hatsu and the soon-to-be-born Gou (Ueno Juri) were largely affected by Nagamasa and Ichi's love.

Ichi gave birth to Gou in the middle of the war between the two clans. In the end, her beloved husband, Nagamasa, was killed by Nobunaga and Ichi has to bear the fate as "the traitor's wife".

When Gou was 9 years old, Oda Nobunaga was killed at the Honnoji temple. Since then, Ichi had to re-marry with Shibata Katsuie for the Oda clan's sake. But when Toyotomi Hideyoshi (Kishitani Goro), the feudal lord who served Nobunaga loyally,
decided to attack the Shibata clan, Ichi decided to end her life together with her husband and trusted her daughters in Hideyoshi's care. And so, Hideyoshi adopted the Azai sisters.

Hideyoshi's first wife, One (Ohtake Shinobu), takes care of the Azai sisters, like her own daughters. Gou hates Hideyoshi, but she loves One since the first time they met.

Hideyoshi has always secretly loved Ichi, when Chacha grew up and started to look alot like her mother, Hideyoshi is attracted to her. Even though Hideyoshi has many wives, it is the first time, One feels jealous of Chacha's beauty. In the end, Chacha became Hideyoshi's concubine and gave birth to his successor, Hideyori.

Gou was married for the first time when she was only 11 years old, to 15-year-old Saji Kazunari, her cousin (Ichi's older sister, Oinu's son), under Hideyoshi's order. But later on, as Kazunari sided with Tokugawa Ieyasu (Kitaoji Kinya), Hideyoshi's biggest rival, Hideyoshi got angry and forced them to divorce and he seized Kazunari's territory as well.

When she was 17, under Hideyoshi's order, Gou got married for the second time with Toyotomi Hidekatsu, Hideyoshi's nephew. Hidekatsu and Gou has a child, Sadako. But before Sadako was born, Hidekatsu died during the war.

At 23 years old, Gou married Tokugawa Hidetada (Mukai Osamu), who is 6 years younger than her.

Hidetada is Tokugawa Ieyasu's 3rd son. Hidetada has a cold attitude towards everything. He has no interest at all in whatever his father does. He was sent to be Hideyoshi's hostage, used by his father... but he doesn't care. He does not expect anything, that's his way of life.

And then, he had the worst encounter with Gou, his wife-to-be...

The miracle of love between Gou and Hidetada, who is trying to create peace, is one of the highlight of the whole story.

translated and compiled from:
http://www.nhk.or.jp/dramatopics-blog/2500/53320.html

Gou's father and mother's history is quite intensed and tragic, so I'm guessing, unlike other taiga dramas that immediately start with the appearance of the leading character in Episode 1, I think Ichi, Gou's mother will be the leading character for the first 2-3 episodes. We might not see the adult Gou (Ueno Juri) until the 10th episode.

I've seen the tragic story of Oda Nobunaga's younger sister and her children, 3 times already in different NHK taiga adaptations... Hideyoshi (1996), Toshiie and Matsu (2002) and Komyo ga Tsuji (2006). But they mostly ended even before Gou grow bigger, and they didn't really put much focus for that particular story because Ichi and Azai Nagamasa were only side, supporting characters.

So I'm really looking forward to this one!!^v^ As they are the leading character's parents, I'm sure it will be described more detailed and more dramatic.
Last edited by yanie on Jul 5th, '10, 14:02, edited 5 times in total.

totally_0bsessed

Post by totally_0bsessed » Jul 5th, '10, 09:21

Ahh~ Juri-chan~♥

yanie
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by yanie » Jul 5th, '10, 11:38

More pics from the press conference today.

ImageImage

source: http://mantan-web.jp/2010/07/05/2010070 ... 6000c.html

chokubi

Post by chokubi » Jul 5th, '10, 12:59

Thanks for starting this thread yanie! (I was a little worried if it's gonna be thread-hijacking to keep discussing Gou there.)

Anyways, I'll start by reposting the male cast lineup featured in this picture, and the roles they'll be playing.
Top row from left: Hakamada Yoshihiko as Toyotomi Hidenaga, Shiba Toshio as Kuroda Kanbee, Daichi Yasuo as Shibata Katsuie,
Ishizaka Koji as Sen no Rikyuu, Kitaoji Kinya as Tokugawa Ieyasu, Hagiwara Masato as Ishida Mitsunari and Kitamura Yukiya as Toyotomi Hidetsugu

Bottom row from left: Seto Koji as Mori Ranmaru, Kishitani Goro, Tokito Saburo as Azai Nagamasa,
Ueno Juri, Mukai Osamu, Ichimura Masachika as Akechi Mitsuhide and Saito Takumi as Kyougoku Takatsugu.

Other male actors who've been announced are:

Sometani Shota as Mori Boumaru

Sakamoto Shougo as Mori Rikimaru
[Source](Credits to yanie for linking this initially.)

I can't say much about the younger bunch, but the veteran lineup looks really promising.
yanie wrote:Toyotomi Hideyoshi - Kishitani Goro (aw, too bad... not Takenaka, but I like Kishitani too)
It'll be interesting to see Kishitani Goro do his version of Toyotomi Hideyoshi.
While I'm sure the rumored Takenaka Naoto would probably do a great job himself, Sasano Takashi pretty much nailed that role in Tenchijin.
He was one of the characters that left the biggest impression for me.

I'm also looking forward to Ishizaka Koji and Kitaoji Kinya because they stand out as the more outstanding and versatile actors amongst the other veterans.
yanie wrote:GOU tells the life of Gou (also known as Oeyo or Ogou), who was a prominently-placed figure in late-Sengoku period.
Regarding Gou having several names throughout her life. I think it was a formal practice back in those days for men and women to have their names changed as they reach new status/ranks in their lives.
According to the wiki, Gou will also rename herself to Suugenin after she takes tonsure, following the death of (I'm guessing) her 3rd husband.
yanie wrote:I've seen the tragic story of Oda Nobunaga's younger sister and her children, 3 times already in different NHK taiga adaptations... Hideyoshi (1996), Toshiie and Matsu (2002) and Komyo ga Tsuji (2006). But they mostly ended even before Gou grow bigger, and they didn't really put much focus for that particular story because Ichi and Azai Nagamasa were only side, supporting characters.
I could also say the same thing for Tenchijin too. Most of the characters were featured in the later half of it. Sadly, Gou herself wasn't mentioned in this one I think. But her older sister Chacha / Lady Yodo was featured quite a few times.
While surfing around for links, I also found out that the 1989 taiga, Kasuga no Tsubone, also featured Gou, but as Suugenin. So it's probably featured Gou in the later parts of her life.
Having that said, I'm curious to watch all the above mentioned taigas.

MisS Lonliah

Post by MisS Lonliah » Jul 5th, '10, 13:11

yanie.. thanks a lot for starting this thread..
I'm looking forward to this drama as everything seems promising so far~

yanie
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by yanie » Jul 5th, '10, 13:58

SYNOPSIS
(not only from the history, but what is written in the NHK page)

Azai Nagamasa (Tokito Saburo) is the daimyo(feudal lord) of Omi-no-kuni. The third generation of the Azai family clan and the last head of the clan. He lives in the Odani castle surrounded by the beautiful Lake Biwa and mountain.

He established alliance with Oda Nobunaga (Etsushi Toyokawa) of the Oda clan, and so he get to marry Nobunaga's younger sister, Ichi (Suzuki Honami), who has an extraordinary beauty.

The whole story starts from Nagamasa and Ichi's encounter...

Ichi loves her brother dearly and so she was willing to get married to the Azai family, for Oda family's sake. But as she reached the Omi land, Nagamasa immediately stole her heart.

As Nagamasa and Ichi's love for each other deepened, Chacha (Miyazawa Rie) and Hatsu (Mizukawa Asami) were born. But the peace between the Oda clan and the Azai clan didn't last long. A big war between the two clans has to happen, in the end.

The fates of Chacha, Hatsu and the soon-to-be-born Gou (Ueno Juri) were largely affected by Nagamasa and Ichi's love.

Ichi gave birth to Gou in the middle of the war between the two clans. In the end, her beloved husband, Nagamasa, was killed by Nobunaga and Ichi has to bear the fate as "the traitor's wife".

When Gou was 9 years old, Oda Nobunaga was killed at the Honnoji temple. Since then, Ichi had to re-marry with Shibata Katsuie for the Oda clan's sake. But when Toyotomi Hideyoshi (Kishitani Goro), the feudal lord who served Nobunaga loyally,
decided to attack the Shibata clan, Ichi decided to end her life together with her husband and trusted her daughters in Hideyoshi's care. And so, Hideyoshi adopted the Azai sisters.

Hideyoshi's first wife, One (Ohtake Shinobu), takes care of the Azai sisters, like her own daughters. Gou hates Hideyoshi, but she loves One since the first time they met.

Hideyoshi has always secretly loved Ichi, when Chacha grew up and started to look alot like her mother, Hideyoshi is attracted to her. Even though Hideyoshi has many wives, it is the first time, One feels jealous of Chacha's beauty. In the end, Chacha became Hideyoshi's concubine and gave birth to his successor, Hideyori.

Gou was married for the first time when she was only 11 years old, to 15-year-old Saji Kazunari, her cousin (Ichi's older sister, Oinu's son), under Hideyoshi's order. But later on, as Kazunari sided with Tokugawa Ieyasu (Kitaoji Kinya), Hideyoshi's biggest rival, Hideyoshi got angry and forced them to divorce and he seized Kazunari's territory as well.

When she was 17, under Hideyoshi's order, Gou got married for the second time with Toyotomi Hidekatsu, Hideyoshi's nephew. Hidekatsu and Gou has a child, Sadako. But before Sadako was born, Hidekatsu died during the war.

At 23 years old, Gou married Tokugawa Hidetada (Mukai Osamu), who is 6 years younger than her.

Hidetada is Tokugawa Ieyasu's 3rd son. Hidetada has a cold attitude towards everything. He has no interest at all in whatever his father does. He was sent to be Hideyoshi's hostage, used by his father... but he doesn't care. He does not expect anything, that's his way of life.

And then, he had the worst encounter with Gou, his wife-to-be...

The miracle of love between Gou and Hidetada, who is trying to create peace, is one of the highlight of the whole story.

translated and compiled from:
http://www.nhk.or.jp/dramatopics-blog/2500/53320.html

The parents' as the leading characters in the first few eps before the adult-Gou show up, and perhaps the male lead, Hidetada won't show up until the last half of the series. Reminds me of Chinese wuxia series' pattern (e.g HSDS) :P

yanie
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by yanie » Jul 5th, '10, 14:19

chokubi wrote:It'll be interesting to see Kishitani Goro do his version of Toyotomi Hideyoshi. While I'm sure the rumored Takenaka Naoto would probably do a great job himself, Sasano Takashi pretty much nailed that role in Tenchijin.
He was one of the characters that left the biggest impression for me.
Oh, it seem like all Toyotomi Hideyoshi's actors has done a great job then!^^ So far I've seen Kagawa Teruyuki (Toshiie and Matsu), Emoto Akira (Komyo ga Tsuji) and Takenaka Naoto (Hideyoshi) as Hideyoshi, and I really can't pick my favorite Hideyoshi among three, they all really did excellent jobs ^_^ Does it mean Hideyoshi is easy to portray? :lol

On the contrary with Oda Nobunaga, I can't seem to take off Sorimachi Takashi's image as Oda Nobunaga of my mind *_* Ever since I saw Sorimachi's Nobunaga in Toshiie & Matsu, I can't seem to like Fujiki Naohito, Tamaki Hiroshi even Kimura Takuya's portrayal of Nobunaga! Actually, perhaps they did nothing wrong in portraying Nobunaga, just that Sorimachi left too much deep impression in me as Nobunaga, I dunno why XD

chokubi wrote:I'm also looking forward to Ishizaka Koji and Kitaoji Kinya because they stand out as the more outstanding and versatile actors amongst the other veterans.
Kitaoji Kinya as Tokugawa Ieyasu :thumright: Nothing can go wrong with that.

chokubi wrote:Sadly, Gou herself wasn't mentioned in this one I think. But her older sister Chacha / Lady Yodo was featured quite a few times.
Yea, Chacha is the most popular one in adaptations. She's featured in alot of RPG games, haha. Hirosue Ryoko have also acted Chacha in GOEMON :roll

I just watched the part of Oda clan and Azai clan's war in "Komyo ga Tsuji" the other day.
There was a scene where Nagamasa was going to kill Ichi after she admitted she has betrayed him and told Nobunaga about the Azai clan's secret attack plan, but he couldn't do it after he saw Ichi's big belly, and hugged her instead. And I thought, "Aw, that's Gou inside,". Also when Nagamasa said goodbye to Ichi and his children, there's a little baby carried by one of the servant, and I thought, "Aw, that must be Gou!". But her name was not mentioned at all XD Actually, I was also surprised that Hatsu and Gou didn't appear in "Hideyoshi", there was only Chacha(acted by Matsu Takako) there.

chokubi wrote:While surfing around for links, I also found out that the 1989 taiga, Kasuga no Tsubone, also featured Gou, but as Suugenin. So it's probably featured Gou in the later parts of her life.
Suugenin was also featured in OOKU Daiishou, acted by Takashima Reiko :-)

chokubi

Post by chokubi » Jul 5th, '10, 15:07

yanie wrote:Does it mean Hideyoshi is easy to portray? :lol
I wouldn't say that. Because he had to portray a farmer/peasant, where he started out as.
As Oda Nobunaga's retainer, which in Tenchjin's version, was a total suckup to Nobunaga, while at the same time, was very attentive and perceptive to his thoughts.
Then after his takeover, he was perceptive and articulate at winning over the loyalties of undecided lords. I think it takes a good actor to pull off that whole progression.
Oda Nobunaga
Kikkawa Koji did Tenchijin's version. And I think I saw a few others in some movies. But none were memorable enough for me to point out.
I think the media has generalized him too much as a stereotypical evil lord that he doesn't seem to have any distinctive personality.
Maybe someone else has a better idea who did the best job for this fella.
yanie wrote:Kitaoji Kinya as Tokugawa Ieyasu :thumright: Nothing can go wrong with that.
Seconded.
yanie wrote:Hirosue Ryoko have also acted Chacha in GOEMON :roll
I saw that movie too, lol.
yanie wrote:Actually, I was also surprised that Hatsu and Gou didn't appear in "Hideyoshi", there was only Chacha(acted by Matsu Takako) there.
NHK tends to do that I think, so as not to complicate the story and save them for future taigas, like this up and coming one.
yanie wrote:Suugenin was also featured in OOKU Daiishou, acted by Takashima Reiko :-)
Ahh, I just noticed... Season 4. The wiki just labeled her as "Shogun's Wife". Anyway, she built the Ooku, didn't she?

Salz

Post by Salz » Jul 5th, '10, 17:07

i really love the whole casts list :wub:
though i wish Takenata rumor would be true because im sure he would do great :whistling:

Juri and Mukai :wub: :wub: :wub:
they have always been in my dream pairing list for years already since i saw them together in Nodame though they don't have many scene together but i always want them to work together again since im sure they would have great chemistry :wub:
im really happy for Mukai he getting more and more bigger roles nowadays and this is such a great opportunity for him to act against Juri, hopefully his acting would improve more and more and wow he going to be busy with so many porjects already this year and next year :salut:
they look so gorgeous together :wub:
though it funny Mukai gonna be younger than Juri in this drama lol :P

Koji Seto :cheers:

really interested with Gou story since she is not as famous as CHACHA :D

hearing Mukai & Juri going to be pair together make me so happy and also make me forgot a little bit of my disappointment with Sunao no Narenakute though hopefully that will not be the last drama Juri&Eita together :P

bmwracer

Re: GOU ~Himetachi no Sengoku~ (Ueno Juri, Mukai Osamu)

Post by bmwracer » Jul 5th, '10, 17:18

yanie wrote:The main cast of 2011 NHK Taiga, GOU ~Himetachi no Sengoku~ (The Princesses of the Warring States), has been announced!!

Ueno Juri as Gou, the official/first wife of the 2nd Tokugawa shogun
LOL, I just started a similar thread over at J-D yesterday. :thumright:

yanie
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by yanie » Jul 5th, '10, 22:45

chokubi wrote:Kikkawa Koji did Tenchijin's version. And I think I saw a few others in some movies. But none were memorable enough for me to point out.
I think the media has generalized him too much as a stereotypical evil lord that he doesn't seem to have any distinctive personality.
Maybe someone else has a better idea who did the best job for this fella.
Definitely Sorimachi Takashi, for me! Sorimachi has added this eccentric flavour in Nobunaga, and even with his evil side, Sorimachi's Nobunaga feels more humane. Sometimes he can be funny weird too, esp. when he tried out the European clothes^^
Salz wrote:they have always been in my dream pairing list for years already since i saw them together in Nodame though they don't have many scene together but i always want them to work together again since im sure they would have great chemistry
Pls refresh my memory, Mukai-Juri didn't have scenes together in Nodame at all, right? Except scenes of the orchestra rehearsal and Nodame was just sitting there watching.

Salz wrote:though it funny Mukai gonna be younger than Juri in this drama lol
This is MUCH better than casting someone younger than Juri for Hidetada^^ I can still see Mukai is younger than Juri, if Juri can act the role mature enough when they meet, and I'm sure she can! :thumleft:

bmwracer

Post by bmwracer » Jul 6th, '10, 00:30

yanie wrote:
Salz wrote:they have always been in my dream pairing list for years already since i saw them together in Nodame though they don't have many scene together but i always want them to work together again since im sure they would have great chemistry
Pls refresh my memory, Mukai-Juri didn't have scenes together in Nodame at all, right? Except scenes of the orchestra rehearsal and Nodame was just sitting there watching
Yup, no dialog scenes with each other at all... They've been in the same practice room and concert hall together, but that's it.

yanie
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by yanie » Jul 6th, '10, 02:48

bmwracer wrote:Yup, no dialog scenes with each other at all... They've been in the same practice room and concert hall together, but that's it.
Thank you. Yea, I just rewatched Nodame series the other day, and gosh, Mukai's acting was so horrible there XD He has gotten alot better in Atashinchi Danshi, but that was comedy. I'm afraid he is still not capable of acting in a serious drama.

Well, anyway, according to this article:
http://headlines.yahoo.co.jp/hl?a=20100 ... 45-spn-ent

The producer "fell in love at first sight" when he saw Mukai at the "Gegege no Nyoubo (Gegege's Wife)" press conference and immediately told the writer, Tabuchi Kumiko, "I saw Hidetada today!!". According to the producer, Mukai's outer appearance has this elegance, kindness and he has the looks of a refined feudal lord. "Gegege's Wife" staff also praised Mukai that he has spirit in acting.

The producer said in the presscon, "After Gegege, we definitely want him to be Gogogo's husband!".

Mukai Osamu will start filming around the end of this year or after New Year. As the whole production will start filming in August, as I thought, Mukai won't appear until around Ep.20+.

Another info, apparently Tabuchi Kumiko, the scriptwriter has written and released the novel that this taiga drama will be based on:

ImageImage

First part was released in September 2009. Last part released in January 2010.

So, I guess the story has pretty much been done, she only has to modify the novel into a TV drama script.

bmwracer

Post by bmwracer » Jul 6th, '10, 03:21

yanie wrote:
bmwracer wrote:Yup, no dialog scenes with each other at all... They've been in the same practice room and concert hall together, but that's it.
Thank you. Yea, I just rewatched Nodame series the other day, and gosh, Mukai's acting was so horrible there XD
It was?

I thought he was fine as Kikuchi Toru. :)

seirin
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by seirin » Jul 6th, '10, 06:18

yanie wrote:
Thank you. Yea, I just rewatched Nodame series the other day, and gosh, Mukai's acting was so horrible there XD He has gotten alot better in Atashinchi Danshi, but that was comedy. I'm afraid he is still not capable of acting in a serious drama.

The producer "fell in love at first sight" when he saw Mukai at the "Gegege no Nyoubo (Gegege's Wife)" press conference and immediately told the writer, Tabuchi Kumiko, "I saw Hidetada today!!". According to the producer, Mukai's outer appearance has this elegance, kindness and he has the looks of a refined feudal lord. "Gegege's Wife" staff also praised Mukai that he has spirit in acting.
I agree Mukai was bad in Nodame. I don't think Mukai has any specific genre you can label him in though. It depends on the character. His character in Nodame was a playboy but I guess in real life he isn't? Cuz he sure can't act the playboy. Just putting your arm over a girl's shoulder doesn't cut it :P I think it might be cuz he's stressed by the director because of his acting skills. He wants to do better, but in trying too hard, it came out awkward. I don't think it was a big issue anyhow. He was just eye candy and his role isn't big so it didn't affect the production at all.

As for the director casting Mukai in this drama. I think the character really fits him. Mukai can give off an air of elegance and kindness and he seems refined. I don't think it's all acting, he seems partly that type. ^^; Notice most of the roles he does well are similar? LOL Mei's butler and Seigi no Mikata. Atashinchi no danshi was the only slightly different type of role.

yanie
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by yanie » Jul 6th, '10, 06:29

seirin wrote:As for the director casting Mukai in this drama. I think the character really fits him. Mukai can give off an air of elegance and kindness and he seems refined. I don't think it's all acting, he seems partly that type. ^^; Notice most of the roles he does well are similar? LOL Mei's butler and Seigi no Mikata. Atashinchi no danshi was the only slightly different type of role.
I didn't like his acting in Mei-chan. I loved him in Osen though, where he played a similar character with the one in Atashinchi.
He was pretty good in Seigi no Mikata, although his character was quite boring^^

The NHK staff seem have praised his acting in Gegege's Wife... maybe I should check that out.

yanie
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by yanie » Jul 6th, '10, 11:23

Press Conference video:
http://www.nhk.or.jp/pr-movie/

I was surprised! Gou's father will only appear in Ep1 XD He regret that he won't be able to act together with Juri.

Seem like Juri will appear sooner than I thought^^

Kitaoji Kinya mentioned how he has acted together with Juri before as father and daughter 8 years ago. She was so young back then, but now she has grown to a beautiful lady and it surprised him.

chokubi

Post by chokubi » Jul 6th, '10, 12:30

While surfing around, I found out that GOU was announced as early as June 17th last year.
And that there was also a press conference held on February 17th this year when NHK announced Ueno Juri as the protagonist. (Hope I'm not repeating this bit of info. :sweat:)

Here a youtube video (uploader's name looks very familiar) of that press conference. And some pictures of that:

Image Image

Image Image
Unlike the recent press conference, she's full of smiles in this one.
I'm guessing she didn't want to stand out in the "awe" of the older male cast, as she describes them in that last press conference.
Note the bottom right picture where she does an all-too-familiar gesture. :mrgreen:
yanie wrote:The producer "fell in love at first sight" when he saw Mukai at the "Gegege no Nyoubo (Gegege's Wife)" press conference
Kekkyoku, it was that asa-dorama huh. This Mukai must have some kinda charm that only reaches out to producers or something lol.
Anyway, not that I wanna add onto the bashing, but I almost totally forgot that Mukai was in Nodame, even though I'm a (closet) fan of that show. :mrgreen:
yanie wrote:Kitaoji Kinya mentioned how he has acted together with Juri before as father and daughter 8 years ago.
Think the show was called Seizon, Aisuru Musume no Tameni.

bmwracer

Post by bmwracer » Jul 6th, '10, 13:33

chokubi wrote:And that there was also a press conference held on February 17th this year when NHK announced Ueno Juri as the protagonist. (Hope I'm not repeating this bit of info. :sweat:)
Actually, this info was posted in the Juri-chan thread... :P

chokubi

Post by chokubi » Jul 6th, '10, 13:57

bmwracer wrote:Actually, this info was posted in the Juri-chan thread... :P
Dang, I just checked. Man, that was some 44 pages ago. Ahh well, just treat it as a repost for the lazy. :fight:

HypnoSurf22

Post by HypnoSurf22 » Jul 6th, '10, 14:40

Woe just saw this thread. Great job yanie and others for all the info so far. We'll be fully prepped for this drama :D

lullabye

Post by lullabye » Jul 6th, '10, 15:25

Another tragic death for Seto Koji, I see.

Sometimes I feel like I'm the only one who doesn't like Mukai. I like expressive actors, and Mukai just doesn't do that. Sigh. And I don't even find him particularly good looking. Maybe this role will at last change my opinion.

bmwracer

Post by bmwracer » Jul 6th, '10, 15:37

HypnoSurf22 wrote:Woe just saw this thread. Great job yanie and others for all the info so far. We'll be fully prepped for this drama :D
Did you see this thread: http://jdorama.com/viewtopic.12639.htm ? :-)

HypnoSurf22

Post by HypnoSurf22 » Jul 6th, '10, 15:47

bmwracer wrote:Did you see this thread: http://jdorama.com/viewtopic.12639.htm ? :-)
Nope :sweat: Thx for the heads up Racer :-)
lullabye wrote:Sometimes I feel like I'm the only one who doesn't like Mukai. I like expressive actors, and Mukai just doesn't do that. Sigh. And I don't even find him particularly good looking.
Believe me, you aren't the only one that feels this way. This guy Mukai has never impressed me. He seems to be a typical one-dimensional actor. I hope I'm wrong.

bmwracer

Post by bmwracer » Jul 6th, '10, 16:21

HypnoSurf22 wrote:
bmwracer wrote:Did you see this thread: http://jdorama.com/viewtopic.12639.htm ? :-)
Nope :sweat: Thx for the heads up Racer :-)
lullabye wrote:Sometimes I feel like I'm the only one who doesn't like Mukai. I like expressive actors, and Mukai just doesn't do that. Sigh. And I don't even find him particularly good looking.
Believe me, you aren't the only one that feels this way. This guy Mukai has never impressed me. He seems to be a typical one-dimensional actor. I hope I'm wrong.
I haven't seen him in that much stuff, but he couldn't be as bad as Yamapi, Akinishi, or Nishikido, among others...

HypnoSurf22

Post by HypnoSurf22 » Jul 6th, '10, 16:47

^I've been watching him in Shinzanmono and have seen him Atashinchi no Danshi besides his other minor roles (ie NC, AP). He's had other roles in many of the drama's I've watched but I don't remember him at all. He'll be in Hotaru no Hikari 2 starting tomorrow. I'll definately be watching that (not for him of course). He is a better actor than Nishikido and Akinishi. I wouldn't diss him that badly :lol

bmwracer

Post by bmwracer » Jul 6th, '10, 17:25

HypnoSurf22 wrote: He is a better actor than Nishikido and Akinishi. I wouldn't diss him that badly :lol
That's what I figured. :lol

bmwracer

Post by bmwracer » Jul 6th, '10, 23:46

Trivia:

Miyazawa Rie starred in a 1992 movie titled Go Hime (Princess Go): http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0104351/

Now she's in an NHK Taiga of a similar name.... Not sure if they're based on the same historical character, though... :scratch:

yanie
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by yanie » Jul 7th, '10, 02:13

bmwracer wrote:Trivia:

Miyazawa Rie starred in a 1992 movie titled Go Hime (Princess Go): http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0104351/

Now she's in an NHK Taiga of a similar name.... Not sure if they're based on the same historical character, though... :scratch:
Thanks for the info. I checked but apparently Go-hime that Miyazawa Rie acted in 1992, was Go, one of the daughter of Maeda Toshiie and Matsu, wife of Ukita Hideie (Toshiie and Matsu's Go is written in different kanji with Ueno Juri's Gou). A different Go-hime, hehe... so many Go-s :sweat:

This is a list of actresses who has played the role of Gou/Oeyo/Ogou/Suugen'in, Azai Nagamasa and Ichi's 3rd daughter.

Hamamatsu Megumi ("Hideyoshi", 1996 NHK Taiga)
Minamino Yoko ("Ieyasu ga Mottomo Osoreta Otoko: Sanada Yukimura", TV Tokyo, 1998)
Shinoda Shima ("Aoi, Tokugawa Sandai", 2000 NHK Taiga)
Kakiuchi Ayami ("Toshiie to Matsu", 2002 NHK Taiga)
Tanaka Anna ("Taikouki, Saru to Yobareta Otoko", FujiTV, 2003)
Takashima Reiko ("OOKU Daiishou", FujiTV, 2004)
Niibo Erika ("Komyo ga Tsuji", 2006 NHK Taiga)
Katase Rino ("Tenka Souran: Tokugawa Sandai no Inbou", TV Tokyo, 2006)
Terajima Shinobu ("Chacha, Tengai no Onna" movie, 2007)
Fuji Mariko ("Yagyuu Ichizoku no Inbou, TV Asahi, 2008)
Takahashi Kaori ("Nene, Onna Taikouki", TV Tokyo, 2009)

A list of actors who has played the role of Tokugawa Hidetada, the 2nd Tokugawa shogun.

Kishitani Goro ("Ryukyu no Kaze ~Dragon Spirit~", 1993 NHK Taiga)
Nishida Toshiyuki ("Aoi Tokugawa Sandai", 2000 NHK Taiga)
Nakamura Shido ("MUSASHI", 2003 NHK Taiga)
Watanabe Ikkei ("OOKU Daiishou", FujiTV, 2004)
Nakamura Baijaku ("Komyo ga Tsuji", 2006 NHK Taiga)
Yamashita Shinji ("Tenka Souran, Tokugawa Sandai no Inbou", TV Tokyo, 2006)
Nakagawa Akinori ("Tenchijin", 2009 NHK Taiga)
Hamada Manabu ("Nene, Onna Taikouki", TV Tokyo, 2009)

source: Japanese wikipedia
Last edited by yanie on Jul 18th, '10, 23:50, edited 1 time in total.

bmwracer

Post by bmwracer » Jul 7th, '10, 03:34

^ Thanks for the background info. :thumright:

BTW, do you ever post over at J-D?

There's someone over there named yanie_chan......

yanie
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by yanie » Jul 7th, '10, 03:43

bmwracer wrote:^ Thanks for the background info. :thumright:

BTW, do you ever post over at J-D?

There's someone over there named yanie_chan......
OFF-TOPIC:
Yeap, that's me :salut: But I rarely post over there anymore :P
(fyi, qnuy is my friend whom I meet frequently^^)

bmwracer

Post by bmwracer » Jul 7th, '10, 04:04

So ka.

Too bad you don't post over there any more... :pale:
Interesting that you don't post over there and qnuy never posts over here... :P
qnuy and I talk on the J-D forum quite a bit. :)

Salz

Post by Salz » Jul 7th, '10, 10:14

lol with so many Mukai bashing here and the drama not even start yet but people don't even give him much chance to do the role ^^;
whatever, im not an acting expert anyway so i am not that good at seeing actors flaw in acting like many others here so i think i could just enjoy the drama without being too critical :P
as long as i enjoy the drama with good script and storyline, actors and casts that i loves acting together and having good and lovable character that is enough xDD
well even if i don't like an actor i don't really want to turn into their haters just because i don't like their acting since not everyone is bless with acting talent, i might still watch them if they act in the drama that i want to watch anyway xDD

well unlike many people who don't even care and don't even want to remember who Mukai is, he already caught my attention from the very beginning i saw him in Nodame and i have watch most of his drama since then...
yeah i admit his acting is really bad in Nodame since that is one of his debut drama and he don't have much experience before that, but his character is really small so it not that big deal...
like some of his co-star and friends said about him, he is very nice and normal guy so playing a playboy definitely not one of his territory lol :P
well he is not the most handsome actor ever but he definitely is very good looking...
i admit he is not the best actor out there but he definitely not a bad actor :P
for me his acting now have improve a LOT ever since Nodame day and i definitely looking forward for more of his drama to see him grow more as an actor^^
and i know everyone have different preference so it is fine i am one of the minority who like him<3

anyway im still super excited with this drama and the whole casts even with everyone fighting of who is the better actor for any of the roles lol...
the actors already decided and not going to change anymore just people don't like them so i would only enjoy the drama and appreciate all the actors here who will work hard for this drama^^
im hoping this drama would be successful and Juri would be pour with many more work since she is the most amazing actress ever<33333333
and i hope Mukai able to proves to some people that he can act, but no matter what i will still support him^^

sorry for long post, just that want to give a little support and some love to Mukai as one of the leading character here since most comment of him here a little bit negative :P

Juri, Mukai and all GOU casts gambatte for the drama and PEACE to everyone here, please don't get mad and so sorry if i offended anyone xDD

yanie
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by yanie » Jul 7th, '10, 11:24

Salz wrote:lol with so many Mukai bashing here and the drama not even start yet but people don't even give him much chance to do the role ^^;
Salz, please read the posts regarding Mukai carefully once again. So far, no one is bashing Mukai at all. They are simply just stating their opinions about Mukai's acting. That's not bashing at all. If you read the posts carefully, everyone here who don't like Mukai's acting is still willing to give him a chance. And, I don't think there is any Mukai haters here, they're just simply skeptical abt Mukai's acting, that's all :-)

Actually, I'm a Mukai fan myself, I love his personality :wub: But I have to say he started out pretty bad as an actor. He's not one with much talent, but he does alot of effort and hard work. And I can see that hard work pays off in Atashinchi. That was his best acting performance so far, imo. I thought he has grown as an actor, but then I was disappointed with his acting in Shinzanmono. Somehow I kinda lost faith in his acting again after Shinzanmono.

I'm very, very sorry that I didn't give out some positive sounds for Mukai. Such a bad fan I am *slaps myself*

Yossshhh!!! Mukai-kuuun, I believe you can do this!!!^o^ And I'll believe in NHK team's decision!! If they casted Juri, then they must've saw something too, in Mukai, other than his outer appearance! Ganbatte, Mukai-kun, let's prove to the world that you're a capable actor!^^ But, at the same time, I will keep my expectation low for the mean time, lol! Just don't want to be disappointed again. But even so, I think I can still drool on Mukai's lovely looks :wub: haha.

I'm also looking forward to Juri and Mukai's chemistry since they look so good together, better than I expected!! :wub: I hope they'd have great chemistry together. Since Mukai's character will become Juri's adoptive father's hostage... I already start imagining their first met is in prison or something like that, and Juri would let him escape...hehe....

PDF file of the characters description, pictures, producer comments, relationship chart, etc: http://www9.nhk.or.jp/drama/pic/go_castinfo.pdf

Some interesting points... the Tokugawa family will become enemies with Toyotomi Hideyoshi after Gou married Hidetada. So Gou had to go against her sister, Chacha, at some point. Also, there will be a scene where Gou gotten very angry with Toyotomi Hideyoshi, and this is said to be a popular moment in history. While, Tokugawa Ieyasu, Hidetada and Gou will create touching family drama moments.

Salz

Post by Salz » Jul 7th, '10, 11:55

opppppss really sorry if i offend anyone with my word above^^;
lol sorry maybe my word of bashing to heavy^^;
just that reading the last page is mostly pretty much being almost all don't like Mukai acting and it sound pretty negative to me since the drama not even start yet and the actors don't even filming yet^^;
sometime when im typing i just let out all my feeling without holding back and it always end up long like an essay lol but im not really meaning to hurt anybody feeling :P

well about hater don't exactly mean people in this thread just saying SOME people who don't like some actors always tend to say they hate the actors just because they don't like their acting....being Horikita Maki fans i always found this type of people, just because they don't like her acting they would go as far as saying they HATE her without any good reason lol and saying she is fake and everything which is not really related to their acting and she never really do any bad thing^^;
sorry if my word sound rude :P

yeah i think they would have good chemistry, maybe will never be great like Eita&Juri or Juri&Tamaki because both Tamaki and Eita have epic chemistry with her(well those two is both great actors and pretty much at the same level with Juri) but still i can feel Mukai&Juri look so good together and already have nice chemistry just by standing by each other side^.^

well i don't really think he is THAT bad in Shinzanmono, but yeah compare to Atadan he does fall a bit and going against great actor like Abe Hiroshi opposite him is not helping at all which make his acting seem weaker^^;
he is not actor born by talent but i definitely see him as a very hardworking actor and always try to improve, and i just love his real life personality xD
i will never stop giving him a chance to prove himself^^

can't wait for more news and update for this drama, 2011 feel so far away lol xD

yeah Yanie, i do know you are Mukai fans since i usually see you in Atadan thread here and LJ xDD

lollercopter

Post by lollercopter » Jul 8th, '10, 08:46

Mizukawa and Ueno together again. This would be their third time acting in the same drama, unless I'm forgetting something. I suppose they might have been paired because they are already familiar with each other, which is useful since they're playing siblings.

Also nice to see Rie Miyazawa. She was in one of my all-time favorite films, Tony Takitani.

seirin
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by seirin » Jul 8th, '10, 11:01

yanie wrote: I didn't like his acting in Mei-chan. I loved him in Osen though, where he played a similar character with the one in Atashinchi.
He was pretty good in Seigi no Mikata, although his character was quite boring^^
I thought he didn't do badly in Mei. He really made his character hateful. I gave an air of a "snake". Of course, Hiro would steal the show as the prince ^^; But then he did a 360 degree change and was lovable in Atadan ^^;

One person I don't really didn't like is Yamada Yu's acting. It seems no matter what character she plays, no matter good or bad I still don't like her. If she plays a bad character, I will believe she's bad. If she plays a good character, I feel she's fake. I think its her eyes or the way she carries herself.

yanie
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by yanie » Jul 8th, '10, 22:47

Apparently Miyazawa Rie has acted Ichi (Gou's mother) before in "TAIKOUKI ~Saru to Yobareta Otoko", FujiTV drama SP in 2003.
(Kusanagi Tsuyoshi as Toyotomi Hideyoshi, Fujiki Naohito as Oda Nobunaga)

ImageImage

And Kitaoji Kinya made a special appearance as Azai Nagamasa (Gou's father) XD

Anyway, I just watched "CHACHA ~Tengai no Onna", a 2007 movie.

Streaming link: http://www.tudou.com/playlist/id/4354189/ (chinese subs)

The movie focused on the three Azai sisters, Chacha, Hatsu and Ogou. But actually not so much on Hatsu, mostly just on Chacha and Ogou. Wao Yoka(ex-Takarazuka member) was phenomenal as Chacha and I liked Terajima Shinobu's Ogou. Watabe Atsuro as Toyotomi Hideyoshi and Nakamura Shidou as Tokugawa Ieyasu were wonderful as well. The child actresses who played the roles as the 3 sisters in their childhood were very good too.

The movie mostly tells the Siege of Osaka in 1614-1615 where the Tokugawa shogunate had a battle with the Toyotomi clan, lead by Hideyori, Chacha's son. So it focuses much on Chacha and Ogou, who was already the wife of Tokugawa Hidetada, and how they had to go against each other although they're sisters.

I really enjoyed this movie from the beginning to the end. And I'm sure the NHK Taiga Drama will include this Chacha vs Ogou story too :roll

hanapyupyu

Post by hanapyupyu » Jul 9th, '10, 13:08

Thanks for providing us with so many interesting facts and background info on the story, yanie. You're certainly a fountain of knowledge. :thumleft:

Aw...I'm bummed out that Suzuki Honami's character Ichi will die before her daughters grow up. That means Juri chan and Suzuki Honami won't get to share any screentime at all. And I was soo looking forward to seeing two of my fave japanese actresses acting together! :|
Last edited by hanapyupyu on Jul 9th, '10, 14:37, edited 1 time in total.

lullabye

Post by lullabye » Jul 9th, '10, 13:42

Salz wrote:lol with so many Mukai bashing here and the drama not even start yet but people don't even give him much chance to do the role ^^;
whatever, im not an acting expert anyway so i am not that good at seeing actors flaw in acting like many others here so i think i could just enjoy the drama without being too critical :P
as long as i enjoy the drama with good script and storyline, actors and casts that i loves acting together and having good and lovable character that is enough xDD
well even if i don't like an actor i don't really want to turn into their haters just because i don't like their acting since not everyone is bless with acting talent, i might still watch them if they act in the drama that i want to watch anyway xDD
To me, being a bad actor is like being a bad mechanic. If you can't do the job, then, for the sake of everyone else, please find another line of work.

That said, I am willing to give Mukai another chance. Generally, if directors like the acting of someone, then I will accept them unless I become convinced they are completely incompetent. But it does get in the way of my enjoyment of the show. I absolutely loved Atadan except for Mukai, and that was a real problem since he was the romantic lead. But I haven't seen him in a pure drama, so maybe his lack of expression that so works against him in light comedy won't be an issue. A lot of times, I dislike actors in one genre but like them in another, so that may be the case here, too.

yanie
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by yanie » Jul 9th, '10, 14:27

lullabye wrote:To me, being a bad actor is like being a bad mechanic. If you can't do the job, then, for the sake of everyone else, please find another line of work.

That said, I am willing to give Mukai another chance. Generally, if directors like the acting of someone, then I will accept them unless I become convinced they are completely incompetent. But it does get in the way of my enjoyment of the show. I absolutely loved Atadan except for Mukai, and that was a real problem since he was the romantic lead. But I haven't seen him in a pure drama, so maybe his lack of expression that so works against him in light comedy won't be an issue. A lot of times, I dislike actors in one genre but like them in another, so that may be the case here, too.
Wow, such an opposite with my opinion :blink

As a fan, I always think Mukai done best in comedies. Or rather... his characters mostly in comedy-genre dramas always left me a deep impression. Osen, Atashinchi no Danshi, Mama-san Volley de Tsukamaete... and also the recent Gegege no Nyobo and Hotaru no Hikari 2, I like his acting best when he's playing the role of an extrovert and aggresive guy. In the case of Gegege, his character is not aggresive but very weird-eccentric one, and I think he pulled it off.

On the contrary with your opinion, I always felt disappointed with Mukai's acting in serious-dark roles. I was very disappointed with his acting in Scrap Teacher, Mei-chan no Shitsuji and Shinzanmono. I kinda lost faith in his acting when I watched Shinzanmono, what's supposed to be an emotional scene, Mukai made it... well, he made me cringe XD

Watching Gegege and Hotaru 2 made me love him again :wub: But I have to say, I'm still worried about him playing the role as Hidetada... depends on what the character is like, I think I can predict whether or not I can approve his acting in GOU :sweat: Well.... crossing my fingers here....

Ahhh, I really can't wait for the novel to arrive at my home!

yanie
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by yanie » Jul 13th, '10, 06:36

Finally got the first part of the novel!^o^ Once again, for your information, the scriptwriter of this drama, Tabuchi Kumiko, has written the "GOU ~Himetachi no Sengoku~" novel which what the NHK Taiga drama will be based on. The novel was released in October 2009(first part) and January 2010(last part).

Unexpectedly for me, the novel's opening scene is when Gou was already 7 years old, asking her mother and sisters what was her father like, what happened to him, how did he die, etc. Ichi, Chacha and Hatsu were quite reluctant in answering her questions and tried to cover the truth. The beginning of the novel was completely written in Gou's point of view... so if the readers don't know the history, we'll be pondering as well on what really happened to her father. The first scene described the three sisters' characters. Chacha is very first daughter-like, strong-willed, wise and very quiet. Hatsu is the exact opposite, she always express strongly and says everything she feels, and there was a part where Chacha tried to stop Hatsu from bullying Gou :) While, Gou is a curious girl who wants to know everything, she keeps asking questions. Gou is also a very honest girl.

There was a flashback narrated story about Azai Nagamasa and Ichi, but not in details at all.

Below is translation of the scene where Gou and Hidetada first met.
Gou was 18 years old. Hidetada was only 12. As to strengthen the alliance between Toyotomi clan and Tokugawa clan, Hideyoshi adopted Hidetada, Tokugawa Ieyasu's 3rd son. But actually, Hidetada was more of a "hostage" rather than adoptive son. Hidetada's birth name was Takechiyo, and so he was still Takechiyo when he first came to the Jurakudai palace, and met Gou for the first time.

When Takechiyo came to the castle, one of Tokugawa Ieyasu's concubine, Asahi-hime, who was also Toyotomi Hideyoshi's younger sister was dying inside the castle.

Gou (and a few other women) was by her side, crying, when Takechiyo came and visited the room.
When Asahi closed her eyes, Takechiyo gave a silent prayer and then he exited the room.

Gou went to the Jurakudai palace a few days before when she heard that Asahi was ill. When Asahi exhaled her last breath, she cried and then she let go Asahi's hand and exited the room as well...

GOU ~Himetachi no Sengoku~
by Tabuchi Kumiko
FIRST PART
Page 303 - 306

translated by yanie

"You're Gou-sama, right?"
Someone called her, so she turned around. A young warrior with a uniform is standing there.
"Ah..."
It was the young boy who left the room right before Asahi exhaled her last breath. He was introduced as Tokugawa Ieyasu's third son. He is suppose to be Asahi-hime's step son....
Gou bowed to him deeply. She thought she has to express her deepest sympathy, but she couldn't bring herself to lift her head up again.
"Such a long bow there,"
She felt there's laugh in his voice. Gou lifted her head up and gazed at Takechiyo.
"You don't have to say any condolences words. Everyone will die someday, anyway,"
He didn't speak like a young boy. Holding back her anger, she said calmly, "But you came all the way to pay her a visit, right?"
"Not at all. It was only a coincidence,"
"Coincidence?"
"I'm here for another matter," Takechiyo pointed to the door with his chin, "I went to that room just because I was told to,". This is another of a so-not-like-a-child gesture.
Gou felt fire lit up inside her.
"Please stop joking around! Your mother just passed away!!"
"Well, she's not really my mother,"
"Not really!?"
Gou wrinkled her forehead. Takechiyo shrugged his shoulders and said, "She was like a tool brought by Toyotomi, no?"
"......excuse me...?"
Gou's lips are shaking with anger. Takechiyo gazed at her with expressionless face.
"Well, I'm also a tool, though,"
"Eh?"
"My father told me to go and become a hostage, so I came here,"
Gou felt he saw a glimpse of tiredness in his face. Takechiyo gazed at Gou and said, "If you feel angry, you may hit me or stab me. I'm a hostage, so I won't say anything,".
Gou felt anger and sorrow mixed inside her.
"Why didn't you say anything?? If you don't want to be a hostage, you should just say so to your father!"
"I don't have any intention to disobey that man,"
He called his own father as "that man".... Gou was shocked and couldn't say anything in return.
Takechiyo continued, "He's the man who has killed his own wife and child. It'll be uninteresting if I say anything to him and then I have to go through something bad because of it,"
"You're..."
"Ah, that's right!" Takechiyo showed a child-like cheerful smile, "Your uncle is Oda Nobunaga, who has done much more mean things!"
Gou's right hand moved by reflex. Right before the palm of her hand reached his cheek, Takechiyo caught her wrist.
"Now, now, let's not do any violence here," Takechiyo grinned, "Gou-sama, you hate the war, right? I heard from my father,"
Takechiyo let go off of Gou's hand and bowed to her, "Now, if you'll excuse me,".
Gou was taken aback and gazed at the young boy's back who was walking through the corridor.
But then she screamed, "Wait a minute....!!! Wait a minute!!!"
Takechiyo took a turn on the corridor's corner. Gou ran after him. She felt a prickling pain in her wrist. How can such a small body have such strength. And how come he became so cold-hearted and overlooked his surrounding like that. She wants to know why.
Gou ran with all her might and turned at the corner, but she didn't see Takechiyo anywhere on the long corridor ahead of her.

I will translate another Gou-Hidetada(Takechiyo) scene later. Their second met^^
Very glad to know what Hidetada's character is like!! I can already imagine Mukai Osamu as the older version of Hidetada!^^ He really suit characters that smiles alot, even if it's cynical smiles ^_^

And I can't wait to see this scene come to life with Ueno Juri and a child actor, heehee...
Last edited by yanie on Jul 13th, '10, 07:10, edited 3 times in total.

seirin
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by seirin » Jul 13th, '10, 06:49

Thanks Yani. Those scenes resemble Harlequin romance novels LOL I look forward to see Mukai and Juri doing those roles :wub:

yanie
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by yanie » Jul 13th, '10, 11:20

Gou - Hidetada's second met :)
by Tabuchi Kumiko
FIRST PART
Page 309 - 311

translated by yanie

All Toyotomi clan members in the Jurakudai palace was ordered to see the Tokugawa troupe off. The young boy, who was among the vassals, grinned when he saw Gou. Everyone must have seen that as a child's innocent smile. But she won't be fooled for the second time.

As the small face and small body was getting near her, she lifted up her chin and looked down on him with a cynical gaze.

"Takechiyo-dono (Sir Takechiyo), you're very good in acting, aren't you?"
"Takechiyo has died together with mother,"
"Eh?"
"I am Tokugawa Hidetada now,"
As he took off his braided hat, a freshly-shaved part of his head is revealed.
That's right... I forgot about his genpuku (= ceremony of attaining manhood).
Gou cleared her throat and said, "I shouldn't say much, but I think you should change a bit,"
"Change? Change what?"
Trying to hold back her irritation, she said, "Actually, what you should really change is that rebellious attitude of yours, but maybe you can start from the way you speak,"
"What's wrong with the way I speak? As a senior, please tell me,"
"There's nothing child-like in the way you speak,"
"I'm not a child anymore. You better be aware of this fact first,"
"THAT way of speak of yours is what I'm actually talking about!"
Gou's irritation burst out.
"Here she goes," Hidetada said while smiling innocently, "If you can fix that quick-tempered attitude of yours, I will promise that I'll fix mine. But too bad..."
"What is?"
"Even if you fix that quick-tempered attitude of yours, I won't be able to see it. Because this would be the last time I can see you,"
"I really do hope this would be the last time, please be careful on the way,"
"Gou-sama mo tanki... dewanaku, genki de, (You too, Gou-sama. I hope you stay well and will not stay quick-tempered,)"

Shortly thereafter, Hidetada and the Tokugawa vassals left Kyoto.

Gou's hope won't come true, because in the next few years, she will meet Hidetada again. Both of them have never thought that their situations with each other will completely change in the future.

They're so cute :wub: Hehee, typical love and hate relationship.

yanie
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by yanie » Jul 14th, '10, 13:12

More translations :-)

Hatsu and Gou's scene. These two quarrels quite alot. Can't wait to see Juri and Asami's quarrels :D I'm glad Mizukawa Asami will play an interesting role. I was afraid that the sisters will be the stereotype, quiet and submissive Sengoku ladies, but apparently that's not the case.
by Tabuchi Kumiko
FIRST PART
Page 259 - 261

translated by yanie

note: Gou calls Chacha "Ane-ue" and Hatsu "Ane-gimi". It's the ancient version of "oneesan"(big sister).

Since that day, Hatsu kept whining about her feelings for Kyogoku Takatsugu. Gou and even, her big sister, Chacha, have never heard her yearning sighs like this before.

And each time, Gou would raise her voice.

"Ane-gimi, can't you stop it already?"
"Why must I?"
"It feels obnoxious to hear you like this,"
Hatsu sighed even louder.
"How good to be you, Gou. You don't know the pain and sorrow of a person's romance,"
"What do you mean by that? I was married once,"
"That was a totally different thing. Haaa~aah...."

One day, Gou just can't stand to see her sister looking gloomy like this again, and said.

"If you like him so much, then you should just be with him already. Takatsugu-sama is our cousin and I heard he's still single,"

Hatsu gazed at her sister's face for a moment, but then looked away with a bored face.

"It won't be that easy,"
"Why?"
"First and foremost, I don't know how he feels about me. Even if.... even if he do like me. It doesn't mean I can be his bride just like that. You know exactly how a woman in the samurai family cannot just get married to anyone she likes..."

Feeling pain by her own words, Hatsu started sobbing. Gou stood up and said loudly, "Fine! Then, let's ask Lady Matsunomaru's help regarding this matter!"

"Hold on, Gou!" Chacha said from behind.

"Why? Ane-ue, don't you want to make Ane-gimi's wish come true?"

"I didn't say that, but things won't be settled even if we talk about this to Lady Matsunomaru,"

Hatsu started crying.

"Ane-gimi, your feelings won't be conveyed by crying, you know,"

Hatsu gazed at her sister's face for a moment and then she cried louder.

"N-no, no... I didn't mean to...!!"
"Then what did you mean!?"

Leaving behind her quarreling sisters, Chacha sat in front of the writing table. That man must be in the palace about this time, she thought.
52 years old Hideyoshi and 20 years old Chacha's romantic scene :roll
I believe Kishitani Goro and Miyazawa Rie will be great in this scene.
by Tabuchi Kumiko
FIRST PART
Page 273 - 276

translated by yanie

Chacha was left alone after she told the maids to leave. She heaved a big sigh.
She can't sleep so she walked out of the room. She gazed at the moon to calm her feelings.

As she was gazing at the crescent moon, "Meow," she heard a small voice. It must be a cat. Apparently, it's a small kitten. When she was going near to the garden, Chacha stopped her steps. She heard Hideyoshi's voice.

"Oh, oh... are you lost?" Hideyoshi held up the kitten in his arms and talked to it caringly.
"The palace is so wide. Where's your mother?"

The man who is standing there is not the respected and powerful Imperial Highness.
this man here is just a lonely middle-aged man who used to be a farmer and only count on his arms and ingenuity.

"The mother died in Kitasho,"

Hideyoshi's shoulders moved in surprise, turned around and he see Chacha.

The kitten fell down, tried to balance it's body, ran toward the corridor and disappeared into the palace.

"So you still bear a grudge against me?" Hideyoshi said in a husky voice.

Chacha shook her head slowly, "I don't bear a grudge against you. This is a place where the gentlemen are leading anyway. Even if I bear a grudge, I can do nothing about it. Furthermore, Your Highness...."

"Can't you just call me by my name now?" he said in a half-begging voice.

Chacha hesitated for a moment and said, "Hideyoshi-sama, you intended to save mother's life,"

"That's right,"

"But mother didn't want to be save, it was the path that mother chose. I understand that now. Time has passed since then..."

"Just as I am. My feelings for Oichi-sama has faded away... And now..."

Hideyoshi gazed at Chacha and he was about to say something, but then he held it back.

Chacha gazed at him back sharply and said, "Do you still have the letter from mother?"

Hideyoshi groped inside his clothes and took out a sealed letter that seem to be treasured.

Chacha was surprised and Hideyoshi said, "I always put it in here, so I will never forget,"

As if it's supporting what he said, the letter looked worn out and the color has become yellow tint.

"I'm a weak human, if I don't always bring this, my heart will be shaken..."

"You mean, you're keeping strong feelings that it can shake your...?"

"That's... no, I mean..."

"Do you want me?" she asked.

Hideyoshi get closer to her. Chacha gazed at him intensely and said, "Mitsunari told me. That Hideyoshi-sama want to have my heart. But..."

"But...?"

"But...... I'm the one who want yours..."

They gazed at each other. Hideyoshi can't help it anymore, so he embraced her.

"This is..."

Realizing his own action, Hideyoshi tried to let himself go off of her, but he can't. Chacha didn't resist as well.

The thick clouds in the sky wrapped the moon. They were sunked in darkness.

The moon, the cat, the garden. Very romantic. I really like this scene. I hope Gou and Hidetada would have even more lovely romantic scenes later XD
Gou and Hideyoshi. LOL. Nodame, the taiga version, haha!
Juri-chan will definitely play this role wonderfully! I love the fact that Gou is such a quick-tempered girl^^
by Tabuchi Kumiko
FIRST PART
Page 277 - 278

translated by yanie

note: Toyotomi Hideyoshi is nicknamed "Saru"(Monkey) by Oda Nobunaga.
Gou has always hate Hideyoshi. She thinks he was the one who let her mother died. And he was also the one who indirectly killed her father as well. Thus, her reaction in this scene.

It's not only Hideyoshi who changed. The first person who realized changes in Chacha, is Gou. Her eyes are sparkling as if it contains water and her skin looks alluring. Somehow she look more like a mature woman. At first, Gou thought, maybe because her sister just turned 20. But then she won't change this much just because of that. They eat the same foods, they wash their faces with the same water... then, why...?

Gou came and asked Chacha about it. After the older sister thought of it for a moment, she looked at Gou straightly, "To be honest, Gou..."

Her words after that are something that Gou cannot believe and accept.

Before she realized it, she was already looking for Hideyoshi and running around the Honmaru palace.

"There you are!!!!!"

Hideyoshi turned around as he heard Gou's low shouting voice.

She jumped on him and throw him down to the corridor's floor. Gou is strangling Hideyoshi's neck.

"You thief monkey!!! How dare you..... how could you rape my sister??!"

"N--n-no, I didn't!! Let me go--- Listen to-- me... Ogou!"

After he desperately let go off Gou's hands of him, he tried to catch his breath.

"I didn't force her to do anything,"

"Don't you lie to me!!"

"I'm not lying nor do I make up stories! It was on her own will!"

Recalling how her sister look just now, actually Gou already know that. But she didn't want to know.

"If you're not a thief, then you're a pervert monkey!!"

"What did you say??"

As Hideyoshi just started to show his anger, Gou left him, and ran through the corridor.

That night, Gou cried. She just cried. Chacha caressed her back. She just kept caressing her back. While doing that, she apologized and tried to make her understand that this is the path she has chosen.

chokubi

Post by chokubi » Jul 15th, '10, 14:02

Thanks for the translations of all 5 novel snippets. I like the excerpt selections and vocab choices. My expectations of this upcoming taiga have gone up quite a bit after reading them.
Hope to see more in the future. ; )
yanie wrote:"CHACHA ~Tengai no Onna", a 2007 movie.
Thanks for this movie recommendation! The other female casts looks really promising too, other than the ones you've listed.
When I eventually find the time to watch this, hope the link will still be up. :fear:

yanie
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by yanie » Jul 24th, '10, 09:35

I've read the last volume of the novel and my comment is, Tabuchi Kumiko SAIKOU!!! Now I understand why Atsu-hime was such a big success (haven't watch it yet though).

I really love how she can weave the existing historical facts into one whole story that flows naturally. The missing gaps fictious parts she added makes sense very well.

And I'm very glad Tabuchi-sensei has a very good sense of humor. None of the historical figures in this novel are boring. They all become interesting characters. She can even make Tokugawa Ieyasu an interesting man^^

And what I love the most is Gou and Hidetada's miracle love story. There's this mystery part involved in their love story. I especially love how Tabuchi-sensei used The Great Earthquake in Osaka 1596 as a turning point of their relationship.

Btw, I read an interview Tabuchi Kumiko and she said there will be 47 episodes for this drama, and she is still writing the script for the TV drama. It is planned that she will finish the script by July next year.

I feel that the novel is the summarized version of the whole story, esp. during the last few pages, suddenly it became fast-paced :unsure: I think she would develop the story alot more for the drama. I don't think the 47-eps drama can be told just in 2-parts novel book.
Last edited by yanie on Aug 3rd, '10, 12:14, edited 2 times in total.

arakira
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by arakira » Jul 24th, '10, 10:31

Yanie, thank you so much for the translations!! Wasn't really interested in the story before I read them. Seems to be a heartwarming relationship between those two.

yanie
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by yanie » Jul 26th, '10, 15:53

First translation snippet from the LAST VOLUME :)
http://yanie02.livejournal.com/116671.html#cutid1

I will keep adding translation snippets, just check this page from time to time.
http://yanie02.livejournal.com/tag/jidaigeki

Coz, I won't announce it here anymore if I have a new translation up^^

chokubi

Post by chokubi » Jul 26th, '10, 16:15

Thanks for the last 2 translations and the update. :thumleft:

yanie
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by yanie » Aug 1st, '10, 01:12

Omg!! They have a mascot for GOU!! Kawaiiiii~

http://mytown.asahi.com/areanews/shiga/ ... 00167.html

Her name is "Ogou-chan". This 2-metres tall kigurumi(cartoon character-costume) will be the PR character of this drama, and will appear in many sightseeing(tourism) events. In early-August, "Ochacha-chan" and "Ohatsu-chan" kigurumi-s are planned to be finished as well.

Heehee, Ogou-chan is as cute as Nodame's mongoose :D

Btw, few weeks ago, Suzuki Honami and Ueno Juri were seen practicing horse-riding together. Such a pity to know they might not have a scene together :| In Aug 19, there's a filming schedule in Honnoji Temple, fans are predicting it will be the filming of the day Oda Nobunaga dies.
Last edited by yanie on Aug 1st, '10, 08:56, edited 1 time in total.

lenrasoon

Post by lenrasoon » Aug 1st, '10, 02:08

Ogou-chan is so cute!

thanks for the update yanie

bmwracer

Post by bmwracer » Aug 1st, '10, 05:00

^ The mascot doesn't look like Juri-chan at all. :(

Peggy

Post by Peggy » Aug 1st, '10, 23:39

Is this going to be a serious drama historically.? It seems to be focusing on the young actresses and this is really such an interesting time in Japanese history. I would hope for adherence to the history.

Peggy

yanie
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by yanie » Aug 2nd, '10, 02:19

Peggy wrote:Is this going to be a serious drama historically?
This is NHK Taiga Drama for the year 2011. Have they ever make a not-serious one? :scratch: Not to mention this is the 50th anniversary for NHK Taiga since 1961. I'm sure they want to do everything right^^ As far as I read the GOU novel which was written by the scriptwriter of this drama as well (and the drama will be based on this novel), it follows the historical facts accurately. Nothing is deviated.

But Tabuchi-sensei, the writer, managed to write some of the scenes in a light, bright, cheerful, funny way to bright up the (historical) atmosphere, as to attract the younger viewers, I believe.

Peggy wrote:It seems to be focusing on the young actresses
I don't think Suzuki Honami and Miyazawa Rie are young, though XD

Yes, the drama has a FEMALE lead character. Which means, (as I'm sure the big-hit Atsu-hime was) the story will focuses on the women in this Sengoku era (16th century). How the war affected the women, how they are forced to get married to one clan to another by the men just to establish alliances, but then get separated forcely again caused by the alliance break. How the women are basically just being used as the political tool and hostages. Particularly what Toyotomi Hideyoshi made Gou do, was really HIDOI, imho. But then under those circumstances, she finally find happiness.

Unlike in Toshiie to Matsu or Komyo ga Tsuji, GOU will have less focus on how the rulers, Oda Nobunaga / Toyotomi Hideyoshi / Tokugawa Ieyasu, tries to unify Japan, but it's really more on the Sengoku women's struggle, their very own "war", including Gou's sisters. It's a story told from the women's POV.

Peggy wrote:this is really such an interesting time in Japanese history.
Rather than interesting, I would say it's the most POPULAR era in Japanese history. God knows how many-thousands times the Sengoku history has been adapted to various media, TV, movies, manga-s, books... with POV from different characters.

But I find GOU is particularly the most interesting one. Because like in Toshiie to Matsu, it was told from Oda Nobunaga's vassal, Maeda Toshiie. In Komyo ga Tsuji, it was told from Toyotomi Hideyoshi's vassal, Yamauchi Kazutoyo. I find there are gaps between these vassals with their lords, so on the contrary, I feel like they're not involved in the main plot, since their roles are only serving the rulers. Their daily story becoming look like the side story, instead.

As you might know, the effort of Japan unification was passed over from Oda Nobunaga to Toyotomi Hideyoshi and finally to Tokugawa Ieyasu.

Meanwhile, Gou is a historical figure directly related to those three rulers. She's Oda Nobunaga's niece, Toyotomi Hideyoshi's adoptive daughter and Tokugawa Ieyasu's daughter-in-law. She was born in the Azai clan, grew up in the Oda clan, then Toyotomi clan, and finally wed to the Tokugawa clan. There's no doubt that GOU will definitely have a better story than, at least, Komyo ga Tsuji. Because Gou is among the Sengoku era's main historical figures.

Also, most jidaigeki dramas that sets in this era focuses on Oda Nobunaga and Toyotomi Hideyoshi. I rarely get to see one that focuses on the Tokugawa clan, so I find GOU's story refreshing, like a sequel of the previous Sengoku jidaigeki dramas I've watched before, coz mostly ended after Toyotomi Hideyoshi dies.

Peggy wrote:I would hope for adherence to the history.
Don't worry, you will get the accurate history, Tabuchi-sensei does not disappoint :thumright: And you will get a "love comedy taiga" (Gou and Tokugawa Hidetada's story), as a bonus too, lol :lol

bmwracer

Post by bmwracer » Aug 2nd, '10, 03:33

^ It probably won't be totally accurate: like any Taiga or any historical reicreation for that matter, some things will be added/edited for dramatic effect.

If it were completely accurate, it'd be a documentary, not a drama, IMO.

yanie
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by yanie » Aug 2nd, '10, 03:55

bmwracer wrote:^ It probably won't be totally accurate: like any Taiga or any historical reicreation for that matter, some things will be added/edited for dramatic effect.

If it were completely accurate, it'd be a documentary, not a drama, IMO.
Yes, of course. ALL jidaigeki dramas has the fictious elements, of course. Thus the various portrayals of the historical figures by various actors and actresses.

What I meant was Tabuchi-sensei written the novel totally based on the historical facts accurately, and then she developed the story based on those facts, without any missing gaps or discontinuity... I'm impressed that it all make sense.

I was comparing with what Tabuchi wrote and with what's written on Wikipedia on the historical facts, and apparently she didn't deviate any of the historical facts at all, even to the little details. Plus, she can develop it into one whole -make sense- story.

She used all the existing facts to make a wonderful fictious story of Gou and Hidetada.

Of course all the detailed dialogues, detailed characteristics of the historical figures are all made up by the writer. IT HAS to be made up by the writer, coz none of the historical records includes details of certain scene and certain historical figure's feelings during certain moments^^ Tabuchi have also said in an interview, that alot of Gou's way of thinking and opinions are affected more or less by Tabuchi's own personality.

Just saying, that none of the historicals facts are deviated, but of course, Tabuchi has to make up the missing gaps and details^^

I've watched a few other jidaigeki dramas that left out some details from the historical records, for example "Taikouki ~Saru to Yobareta Otoko", left out many details of Toyotomi Hideyoshi's life.

But so far, I really haven't find any of the historical fact changed or left out at all in GOU. I can go on with some examples, but I do not want to spoil it :)

yanie
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by yanie » Aug 8th, '10, 02:46

GOU's filming schedule.

Aug 5-6: Ueno Juri, Tokito Saburo, Suzuki Honami's camera rehearsal with complete costume.
Aug 16: Script-reading with the casts
Aug 17: Filming Crank-in
Aug 19: Outdoor filming at Nagano
source: 2ch, twitter

I wonder when will pics and the official website come out? Can't wait to see Juri-chan in Gou's costume and Sengoku hairstyle^^ Mitai! This is her very first jidaigeki role, right?

bmwracer

Post by bmwracer » Aug 8th, '10, 04:00

yanie wrote:GOU's filming schedule.

Aug 5-6: Ueno Juri, Tokito Saburo, Suzuki Honami's camera rehearsal with complete costume.
Aug 16: Script-reading with the casts
Aug 17: Filming Crank-in
Aug 19: Outdoor filming at Nagano
source: 2ch, twitter

I wonder when will pics and the official website come out? Can't wait to see Juri-chan in Gou's costume and Sengoku hairstyle^^ Mitai! This is her very first jidaigeki role, right?
Unless you count her Yamato Nadeshiko scene in Nodame SP:

Image :lol

yanie
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by yanie » Aug 8th, '10, 10:38

bmwracer wrote:Unless you count her Yamato Nadeshiko scene in Nodame SP:

Image :lol
I was thinking about that scene too :lol

yanie
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by yanie » Aug 12th, '10, 15:48

Doozo, please visit, minna :)

http://community.livejournal.com/tokugawa_gou/

Btw, I'm predicting poster with Juri-chan as Gou will come out very soon in another 2 weeks^^

bmwracer

Post by bmwracer » Aug 20th, '10, 22:47

These pics were posted by Kanoe21 in the Juri-chan thread: :salut:

Image Image Image

And here's the Baidu link: http://tinyurl.com/2g8uafl

Jav_sol

Post by Jav_sol » Aug 20th, '10, 23:05

^ Cool, hair looks weird in first pic and she looks angry in second/middle pic. :D

bmwracer

Post by bmwracer » Aug 20th, '10, 23:27

Jav_sol wrote:^ Cool, hair looks weird in first pic and she looks angry in second/middle pic. :D
I think the hair style is supposed to make her look like a kid... And it does.

Actually, she looks like a kid in all those pics... But not a 7-year old. :pale:

That's a FAIL. :lol

7th-key

Post by 7th-key » Aug 20th, '10, 23:50

bmwracer wrote:
Jav_sol wrote:^ Cool, hair looks weird in first pic and she looks angry in second/middle pic. :D

Actually, she looks like a kid in all those pics... But not a 7-year old. :pale:

Maybe they'll realize that too, and do a reshoot with a real kid...^^

bmwracer

Post by bmwracer » Aug 21st, '10, 04:55

7th-key wrote:
bmwracer wrote:

Maybe they'll realize that too, and do a reshoot with a real kid...^^
They should use that girl that played a young Nodame in the original drama... But maybe she's even too old. :sweat:

bmwracer

Post by bmwracer » Aug 21st, '10, 05:40

No spam, please. :glare:

flamethunder85

Post by flamethunder85 » Aug 22nd, '10, 14:57

bmwracer wrote:

According to the novel, she was supposed to be a 10 year old Gou in this scene, but in the drama her age won't be shown. As long as she looks like a kid, that matters the most.

yanie
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by yanie » Aug 22nd, '10, 16:17

Unfortunately...

In "Komyo ga Tsuji", the female lead, Chiyo(Nakama Yukie)'s birth year was never mentioned nor shown. So even if Nakama played 6-years-old Chiyo, NHK could still fool the audience, since most of them might not be aware of her birthyear (unless they're historians). So the audience would be unaware of the character's age.

But in "Gou", based on the actors' blog, the drama will start from Gou's father and mother's first encounter and their "love story", automatically the audience will take notice of Gou's birthyear and would be able to keep track on Gou's age :sweat:

flamethunder85

Post by flamethunder85 » Aug 22nd, '10, 16:34

^ LOL. Then I have no idea how they gonna work this out. :lol

yanie
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by yanie » Aug 29th, '10, 22:42

Mimura has been added to the cast! :cheers:

She will play the role of Hosokawa Gracia, details here: http://community.livejournal.com/tokugawa_gou/3711.html

Also... may not be a big role, but Kobayashi Takashi had also been casted as Oda Nobukane, Nobunaga's younger brother, who sheltered Ichi and her 3 daughters after the fall of Odani castle(Azai clan). For those who have watched Shinsengumi, NHK Taiga 2004, might know him as the 6th regime captain, Inoue Genzaburo.

chokubi

Post by chokubi » Aug 30th, '10, 14:01

yanie wrote:Mimura has been added to the cast! :cheers:

She will play the role of Hosokawa Gracia, details here: http://community.livejournal.com/tokugawa_gou/3711.html
Was gonna say that Mimura's appearance would be as short-lived as Suzuki Kyoka's in AOI. Then I saw the other details you wrote.
Will be interesting to learn how her life crossed paths with Gou before the Honnoji Incident.

Thanks for sharing this!

jessiesoon
Malaysia

Post by jessiesoon » Sep 6th, '10, 09:44

i am really looking forward to watch this taiga drama...as i am watching ATSU-HIME right now and i've fallen in love with female as lead in taiga drama!!!! but i wonder how well can ueno juri act....i like her as Nodame...but, i'm not so sure how good is her in other drama, after Nodame Cantabile....haven't really check out her other drama...but still, i am looking forward to this drama bcos Mukai Osamu is in it!!!!!

kokutetsu

Post by kokutetsu » Sep 6th, '10, 14:26

jessiesoon wrote:i am really looking forward to watch this taiga drama...as i am watching ATSU-HIME right now and i've fallen in love with female as lead in taiga drama!!!! but i wonder how well can ueno juri act....i like her as Nodame...but, i'm not so sure how good is her in other drama, after Nodame Cantabile....haven't really check out her other drama...but still, i am looking forward to this drama bcos Mukai Osamu is in it!!!!!
I think she'll be able to play the role well. Her other past characters have been very different from Nodame, obviously Ruka is the standout example, but others have been different from Ruka, too. I think the idea of her playing Gou at all ages with the help of computer graphics is weird. But, if that isn't done well, I'm blaming the director and producer, not Ueno.

yanie
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by yanie » Sep 7th, '10, 05:26

jessiesoon wrote:i am really looking forward to watch this taiga drama...as i am watching ATSU-HIME right now and i've fallen in love with female as lead in taiga drama!!!! but i wonder how well can ueno juri act....i like her as Nodame...but, i'm not so sure how good is her in other drama, after Nodame Cantabile....haven't really check out her other drama...but still, i am looking forward to this drama bcos Mukai Osamu is in it!!!!!
Heehee... feel funny to read your post, coz most people here is looking forward to Ueno Juri and doubts Mukai Osamu's acting instead :P

But I have faith in both Juri and Mukai!^v^

Just that seem like Tabuchi-sensei, the scriptwriter, is a Nodame fan? Seriously, the way she writes Gou character in the novel, immediately reminds me of Nodame's angry faces XD I think it's really a character tailored for Ueno Juri, so no worries :roll