Login Issue? Delete D-addicts cookie from your browser settings and login again.

[Discussion] Sunao ni Narenakute (Ueno Juri, Eita)

Discuss Japanese drama series here.
chunny
Posts: 135
Joined: Nov 14th, '05, 14:05
Location: the land of imaginary fandom.
Contact:

Post by chunny » Apr 16th, '10, 01:17

i just watched this and i've got to say, it is very interesting.
i am looking forward for the next episode. Juri was cute in this one.
And the others too.
I wonder how their friendship and as individual will develop...

SnowApple
Posts: 27
Joined: Dec 4th, '08, 15:28
Location: Atlanta, GA
Contact:

Post by SnowApple » Apr 16th, '10, 02:02

Damn, Eita's hair is really going to annoy me if it stays that way. It's like a frizzy mop. Ugh. On the good side, it's looking like he'll be a decent Kitagawa Eriko hero. I didn't watch Last Friends or Nodame, so I unfortunately only have Orange Days to judge him from, and there he played the bumbling friend and nothing more. I didn't know how he'd fare in this sort of blase, too-cool-at-first-but-a-complete-romantic-later-on kind of role, but he's on his way to convincing me. I love how cool he was during the fight in the cafe. It's nice that he's made it through the food chain to hero status, because geez, the poor guy has played Juri's second fiddle enough. Third time around, I'm so glad they finally let him have her. :lol:

As for the story, well, KE dramas usually don't pull me in until about episode 3-4, so I'll be sticking around for that definitive cinch. I'm much less interested in her three supporting characters, for once.

User avatar
bmwracer
Posts: 2108
Joined: Aug 12th, '05, 00:12
Location: Juri-chan's speed dial

Post by bmwracer » Apr 16th, '10, 03:02

SnowApple wrote: I didn't watch Last Friends or Nodame
You definitely need to watch Nodame... Above anything else. :mrgreen:

User avatar
Outside
Posts: 50
Joined: Mar 22nd, '10, 00:32

Post by Outside » Apr 16th, '10, 03:44

I'm also waiting for the Eng sub first before I can decide whether I like it or not.

RATING IS HERE!:

Image


The drama 'Sunao Ni Narenakute' (Hard to say I love you) [FujiTV], starring actor Eita and actress Juri Ueno, aired its first episode on the 15th and achieved an average viewership of 11.9% (video research study, Kantou District). Their average viewership was 12% in the Kansai District.

This drama is written Eriko Kitagama, the scriptwriter for the hit drama 'Long Vacation' (1996), and depicts a fresh image of how a group of men and women meet through the popular SNS 'Twitter'. (t/n: SNS = Social Network Service)


Source: [mantan web]
Translation credits: mandasoh@tohosomnia.net
Shared by: tohosomnia.net


I'm not familiar with Japanese rating, is this a good rating?
Last edited by Outside on Apr 16th, '10, 06:41, edited 2 times in total.

avieamber
Fansubber
Fansubber
Posts: 749
Joined: Jun 4th, '08, 04:54
Location: Malaysia

Post by avieamber » Apr 16th, '10, 04:13

Outside wrote:I'm also waiting for the Eng sub first before I can decide whether I like it or not.

RATING IS HERE!:


The drama 'Sunao Ni Narenakute' (Hard to say I love you) [FujiTV], starring actor Eita and actress Juri Ueno, aired its first episode on the 15th and achieved an average viewership of 11.9% (video research study, Kantou District). Their average viewership was 12% in the Kansai District.

This drama is written Eriko Kitagama, the scriptwriter for the hit drama 'Long Vacation' (1996), and depicts a fresh image of how a group of men and women meet through the popular SNS 'Twitter'. (t/n: SNS = Social Network Service)


Source: [mantan web]
Translation credits: mandasoh@tohosomnia.net
Shared by: tohosomnia.net


I'm not familiar with Japanese rating, is this a good rating?
It's ok i guess, though I was hoping for sth higher since it's the first episode and all (but then again, I haven't watched it, so I can't judge) But as a fan, I won't be bothered about the ratings, I know I'll like it as long as there's Eita-Juri pairing in it.

nnnc
Posts: 122
Joined: Jul 3rd, '09, 08:09

Post by nnnc » Apr 16th, '10, 04:52

Outside wrote:I'm also waiting for the Eng sub first before I can decide whether I like it or not.

RATING IS HERE!:


The drama 'Sunao Ni Narenakute' (Hard to say I love you) [FujiTV], starring actor Eita and actress Juri Ueno, aired its first episode on the 15th and achieved an average viewership of 11.9% (video research study, Kantou District). Their average viewership was 12% in the Kansai District.

This drama is written Eriko Kitagama, the scriptwriter for the hit drama 'Long Vacation' (1996), and depicts a fresh image of how a group of men and women meet through the popular SNS 'Twitter'. (t/n: SNS = Social Network Service)


Source: [mantan web]
Translation credits: mandasoh@tohosomnia.net
Shared by: tohosomnia.net


I'm not familiar with Japanese rating, is this a good rating?
Not that good especially for the first episode. I have to say I'm surprised with the rating. I expected more, around 14-16%

User avatar
JUYI
Posts: 22
Joined: Dec 9th, '08, 12:19

Post by JUYI » Apr 16th, '10, 13:25

miznagase wrote:omg i just watched the first episode, and it's so freakin good!!! :w00t:
i find eita really attractive in this drama. he stole a kiss from juri and saved her from the bad guys. he definitely has a more sexually appealing role in this one, unlike last friends. sigh...i think i'm falling in love with him :wub:
can't wait for the next episode!!! :thumleft:
hey i agree with your view of eita... i'm so comfortable watching him! he looks so unique too haha ... of cos we love juri too!

User avatar
JUYI
Posts: 22
Joined: Dec 9th, '08, 12:19

Post by JUYI » Apr 16th, '10, 13:30

avieamber wrote:
It's ok i guess, though I was hoping for sth higher since it's the first episode and all (but then again, I haven't watched it, so I can't judge) But as a fan, I won't be bothered about the ratings, I know I'll like it as long as there's Eita-Juri pairing in it.
and after so many years... so many rounds of collaboration they finally
kissed
lol

User avatar
bmwracer
Posts: 2108
Joined: Aug 12th, '05, 00:12
Location: Juri-chan's speed dial

Post by bmwracer » Apr 16th, '10, 13:34

avieamber wrote:It's ok i guess, though I was hoping for sth higher since it's the first episode and all (but then again, I haven't watched it, so I can't judge) But as a fan, I won't be bothered about the ratings, I know I'll like it as long as there's Eita-Juri pairing in it.
Right on. :thumright:

I'd rather have lower ratings and a good story vs. higher ratings and a crappy story like what Last Friends turned out to be.

User avatar
L'Arc
Posts: 63
Joined: Apr 2nd, '10, 13:59

Post by L'Arc » Apr 16th, '10, 13:46

First episode is very good, makes me wanna get an iPhone :P

User avatar
vege-okonomiyaki
Posts: 43
Joined: May 28th, '08, 17:30
Location: Australia

Post by vege-okonomiyaki » Apr 16th, '10, 16:36

bmwracer wrote:
flamethunder85 wrote:Some updates:

2010015 Mezamashi - Eita Juri Live MAJOR SPOILER ALERT!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=adoozx10OCY

2010015 Bunka Geinoubu SPOILER ALERT!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3TDYlf8mi0c

20100412 Mezamashi - Sunao ni Narenakute Premiere Stage Greeting
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pdtW-34ZLLw
Downloading now... Thanks! :thumright:
Anybody capture these? I waited too long and now the user has taken them down :-( If someone could put them on megaupload or as a torrent I'd be very grateful!

User avatar
chokubi
Posts: 315
Joined: Dec 6th, '06, 15:38

Post by chokubi » Apr 16th, '10, 16:52

A few things caught my attention in ep1.
I find Nakaji's character kinda unique. He's quick-witted, unpredicatable, is more likely to be up-front with others than himself. Someone you'd more likely find in real-life than in a drama.
Interesting how they made his relationship with Haru like an elastic cord, going back and forth almost everytime they meet. Wonder if they can keep it up till the end.
I thought the scene transitions were pretty neat too, like a multi-touch feature of a smartphone.
Hopefully, the Twitter element would be more engaging in future episodes, 'cos currently it feels like it wouldn't matter whether it was incorporated into this drama or not.

stolenxkisses
Posts: 58
Joined: Apr 18th, '05, 10:16

Post by stolenxkisses » Apr 16th, '10, 20:22

Do you remember how the first version of the relationship chart described Eita's relationship with Juri as one where he seems to lead her on and confuse her? I think we're finally seeing some of that here -- he's really playing a confident sort of character. I don't think he means to lead her on intentionally, but maybe it's just his charisma?

He's playing a character so different from his Last Friends day. But I'm glad to see that Eita can pull it off anyway :)

Also, at first there were some doubt about where Juri could pull off a character which was supposed to be bumbling and insecure, and boyfriend-less for 24 years, but I think she's done a marvelous job here convincing us of her role. I can't say I love her hairstyle, but you have to admit it's suited for her character.

I'm really curious about the next episode. I do love Eita's bedhead look though, especially at the end of the episode ;)

User avatar
bmwracer
Posts: 2108
Joined: Aug 12th, '05, 00:12
Location: Juri-chan's speed dial

Post by bmwracer » Apr 16th, '10, 21:37

vege-okonomiyaki wrote:
bmwracer wrote:
flamethunder85 wrote:Some updates:

2010015 Mezamashi - Eita Juri Live MAJOR SPOILER ALERT!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=adoozx10OCY

2010015 Bunka Geinoubu SPOILER ALERT!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3TDYlf8mi0c

20100412 Mezamashi - Sunao ni Narenakute Premiere Stage Greeting
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pdtW-34ZLLw
Downloading now... Thanks! :thumright:
Anybody capture these? I waited too long and now the user has taken them down :-( If someone could put them on megaupload or as a torrent I'd be very grateful!
If you're using Firefox, you can use DownloadHelper to download these YouTube vids... All you do is right-click and save.... :thumleft:

User avatar
vege-okonomiyaki
Posts: 43
Joined: May 28th, '08, 17:30
Location: Australia

Post by vege-okonomiyaki » Apr 17th, '10, 00:56

vege-okonomiyaki wrote:
bmwracer wrote:
Anybody capture these? I waited too long and now the user has taken them down :-( If someone could put them on megaupload or as a torrent I'd be very grateful!
If you're using Firefox, you can use DownloadHelper to download these YouTube vids... All you do is right-click and save.... :thumleft:

hEnNyZz
Posts: 10
Joined: Sep 24th, '07, 10:34

Post by hEnNyZz » Apr 17th, '10, 01:04


User avatar
bmwracer
Posts: 2108
Joined: Aug 12th, '05, 00:12
Location: Juri-chan's speed dial

Post by bmwracer » Apr 17th, '10, 01:50

vege-okonomiyaki wrote:
vege-okonomiyaki wrote:
bmwracer wrote:
Anybody capture these? I waited too long and now the user has taken them down :-( If someone could put them on megaupload or as a torrent I'd be very grateful!
If you're using Firefox, you can use DownloadHelper to download these YouTube vids... All you do is right-click and save.... :thumleft:
Whoops... Sorry. :sweat:

stolenxkisses
Posts: 58
Joined: Apr 18th, '05, 10:16

Post by stolenxkisses » Apr 17th, '10, 02:38

Is there somewhere we can get the theme song from? It's been stuck in my head and I desperately need it on my iPod.

Forgot to add: I've tried all the normal sites already, and was about to snatch from YouTube when I realized that it can't even be found there -_-"

Also, does anyone know what the song at the end is? The one that plays when Juri goes to Eita's house and sees him with the girl?
Last edited by stolenxkisses on Apr 17th, '10, 16:13, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Outside
Posts: 50
Joined: Mar 22nd, '10, 00:32

Post by Outside » Apr 17th, '10, 03:48

FIRST ENG SUB is out!
The rest will follow soon I guess.
http://www.youtube.com/user/AngelDBSKDrama

User avatar
bmwracer
Posts: 2108
Joined: Aug 12th, '05, 00:12
Location: Juri-chan's speed dial

Post by bmwracer » Apr 17th, '10, 05:52

^ Nice... But we'd like to have softsubs.... :sweat:
Last edited by bmwracer on Apr 17th, '10, 07:51, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
miznagase
Posts: 151
Joined: Feb 4th, '08, 05:54
Location: ichihara hayato's room

Post by miznagase » Apr 17th, '10, 07:25

i just watched the first episode again, and i'm starting to like the guy who plays linda :wub:
he's hot and a good actor :thumleft:
i wonder what the deal is between haru's mother and that guy she met on the street. he was on the phone with nakaji. maybe he's nakaji's dad... :scratch:

User avatar
bmwracer
Posts: 2108
Joined: Aug 12th, '05, 00:12
Location: Juri-chan's speed dial

Post by bmwracer » Apr 17th, '10, 07:49

vege-okonomiyaki wrote:
bmwracer wrote:
flamethunder85 wrote:Some updates:

2010015 Mezamashi - Eita Juri Live MAJOR SPOILER ALERT!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=adoozx10OCY

2010015 Bunka Geinoubu SPOILER ALERT!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3TDYlf8mi0c

20100412 Mezamashi - Sunao ni Narenakute Premiere Stage Greeting
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pdtW-34ZLLw
Downloading now... Thanks! :thumright:
Anybody capture these? I waited too long and now the user has taken them down :-( If someone could put them on megaupload or as a torrent I'd be very grateful!
Okay, here they are: http://www.sendspace.com/file/jge32n :thumright:

User avatar
noshadow31
Posts: 138
Joined: Nov 9th, '04, 09:01
Contact:

Post by noshadow31 » Apr 17th, '10, 07:51

yeah that mysterious guy is nakaji's dad. it says so on the relationship chart on the official site so i'm posting this w/o the spoiler tag. :D


it's interesting how eita's character is such a flirt but, at the same time, somehow he's not a bad guy. audience cant hate him. guess this kind of thing only happens in dramas.

avieamber
Fansubber
Fansubber
Posts: 749
Joined: Jun 4th, '08, 04:54
Location: Malaysia

Post by avieamber » Apr 17th, '10, 08:19

i know this had nth to do with the thread but I just managed to get the file..and the problem is almost everytime I try to play these 1280x760 files, the video kinda lags. I'm using Media player Classic.

are there any other players that might prevent the lagging or it's just coz of my laptop speed not enough or sth...or is there any way to convert the file I DL to something smaller like the usual 720x360 versions. I'd prefer HQ qualities anytime but if it's gonna lag when I'm watching then I'd rather have the smaller version. Coz lagging is so so annoying!~

sorry for this rant, I'm hoping someone can give some opinions? Thanks in advance!!!~ Btw, I don't know why but i like the opening scene, kinda like LF, with that future-past thing. :D

User avatar
vege-okonomiyaki
Posts: 43
Joined: May 28th, '08, 17:30
Location: Australia

Post by vege-okonomiyaki » Apr 17th, '10, 11:20

vege-okonomiyaki wrote:
bmwracer wrote:
Anybody capture these? I waited too long and now the user has taken them down :-( If someone could put them on megaupload or as a torrent I'd be very grateful!
Okay, here they are: http://www.sendspace.com/file/jge32n :thumright:
Arigato! :cheers:

User avatar
Outside
Posts: 50
Joined: Mar 22nd, '10, 00:32

Post by Outside » Apr 17th, '10, 13:04


User avatar
bmwracer
Posts: 2108
Joined: Aug 12th, '05, 00:12
Location: Juri-chan's speed dial

Post by bmwracer » Apr 17th, '10, 15:20

Outside wrote:ENG SOFTSUB IS OUUUUTTTT!!!!!
http://community.livejournal.com/goe_ss/218489.html
Sugoi...! :cheers:

Thanks for the heads up! :thumright:

User avatar
Sorvaseven
Posts: 511
Joined: May 7th, '07, 15:06
Location: Europe

Post by Sorvaseven » Apr 17th, '10, 15:34

It seems some people have problems with the link. sea_starz15@livejournal was so friendly to upload it on following online-storages:

Alternative links

http://www.sendspace.com/file/fx3wtx
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=9734HOI7
http://www.4shared.com/document/vI502A- ... e_Ep1.html

User avatar
jixji
Posts: 70
Joined: Aug 1st, '09, 12:45

Post by jixji » Apr 17th, '10, 15:47

To make it easier on d-addicts go-ers, please download from here: http://www.d-addicts.com/forums/viewtop ... 69#1280469

If you guys can give us feedback about anything, that'd be awesome! ^^ The whole team stayed up until very late at night to get this out as fast as possible for our GOE;SS anniversary. ^^

User avatar
JUYI
Posts: 22
Joined: Dec 9th, '08, 12:19

Post by JUYI » Apr 17th, '10, 15:59

avieamber wrote:i know this had nth to do with the thread but I just managed to get the file..and the problem is almost everytime I try to play these 1280x760 files, the video kinda lags. I'm using Media player Classic.

are there any other players that might prevent the lagging or it's just coz of my laptop speed not enough or sth...or is there any way to convert the file I DL to something smaller like the usual 720x360 versions. I'd prefer HQ qualities anytime but if it's gonna lag when I'm watching then I'd rather have the smaller version. Coz lagging is so so annoying!~

sorry for this rant, I'm hoping someone can give some opinions? Thanks in advance!!!~ Btw, I don't know why but i like the opening scene, kinda like LF, with that future-past thing. :D
haha okie... i'm HD-controlled as well thou i cap myself at 720p only. haha. ehm i'm using BS player... personally i think it handles 720p better than classic. IMHO la.. i'm using an old PC currently with only 512Mb ram! OMG ok i'm so technically-outdated but me getting a new lappie too ok! So far, i'm able to run it without much lag, very smooth i would say...so i guess ya computer can do even better. anyway, try to keep other applications closed when running ya video. of cos if there are better players. pls let me know too!

User avatar
iruka92
Posts: 88
Joined: Jul 15th, '07, 03:53
Location: Malaysia
Contact:

Post by iruka92 » Apr 17th, '10, 16:17

So excited! JJ's first Japanese drama! (Lol) and Juri!!!
I LOVE JURI!

avieamber
Fansubber
Fansubber
Posts: 749
Joined: Jun 4th, '08, 04:54
Location: Malaysia

Post by avieamber » Apr 17th, '10, 16:17

JUYI wrote:
avieamber wrote:i know this had nth to do with the thread but I just managed to get the file..and the problem is almost everytime I try to play these 1280x760 files, the video kinda lags. I'm using Media player Classic.

are there any other players that might prevent the lagging or it's just coz of my laptop speed not enough or sth...or is there any way to convert the file I DL to something smaller like the usual 720x360 versions. I'd prefer HQ qualities anytime but if it's gonna lag when I'm watching then I'd rather have the smaller version. Coz lagging is so so annoying!~

sorry for this rant, I'm hoping someone can give some opinions? Thanks in advance!!!~ Btw, I don't know why but i like the opening scene, kinda like LF, with that future-past thing. :D
haha okie... i'm HD-controlled as well thou i cap myself at 720p only. haha. ehm i'm using BS player... personally i think it handles 720p better than classic. IMHO la.. i'm using an old PC currently with only 512Mb ram! OMG ok i'm so technically-outdated but me getting a new lappie too ok! So far, i'm able to run it without much lag, very smooth i would say...so i guess ya computer can do even better. anyway, try to keep other applications closed when running ya video. of cos if there are better players. pls let me know too!
thanks for the suggestion! gonna try out BS player now xD Oh and thanks so so much for the soft subs :wub:

User avatar
garcon
Posts: 33
Joined: Dec 22nd, '08, 05:59

Post by garcon » Apr 17th, '10, 16:33

i really missed them together..i really cried watching the first episode--juri and eita reunited OMG!!!!!! i watched it without subs,even w.o understanding, but i kept smiling coz seeing them together in a drama is more than enough!

User avatar
bmwracer
Posts: 2108
Joined: Aug 12th, '05, 00:12
Location: Juri-chan's speed dial

Post by bmwracer » Apr 17th, '10, 17:16

avieamber wrote:i know this had nth to do with the thread but I just managed to get the file..and the problem is almost everytime I try to play these 1280x760 files, the video kinda lags. I'm using Media player Classic.

are there any other players that might prevent the lagging or it's just coz of my laptop speed not enough or sth...or is there any way to convert the file I DL to something smaller like the usual 720x360 versions. I'd prefer HQ qualities anytime but if it's gonna lag when I'm watching then I'd rather have the smaller version. Coz lagging is so so annoying!~

sorry for this rant, I'm hoping someone can give some opinions? Thanks in advance!!!~ Btw, I don't know why but i like the opening scene, kinda like LF, with that future-past thing. :D
I think it probably has to do with your CPU and/or video card... You should close any and all other programs that are running to give MPC maximum CPU time...

I've just upgraded my desktop to a dual core Athlon X2 from a single-core Athlon XP and the videos play without a problem... :thumright:

User avatar
miznagase
Posts: 151
Joined: Feb 4th, '08, 05:54
Location: ichihara hayato's room

Post by miznagase » Apr 17th, '10, 18:03

garcon wrote:i really missed them together..i really cried watching the first episode--juri and eita reunited OMG!!!!!! i watched it without subs,even w.o understanding, but i kept smiling coz seeing them together in a drama is more than enough!
omg i know exactly what you're talking about :-)
this is juri and eita's eighth collaboration together, and i love it :mrgreen:
hopefully there are many more to come :thumright:

User avatar
Salz
Posts: 489
Joined: Apr 26th, '05, 07:00

Post by Salz » Apr 17th, '10, 19:18

yes i hope this is not their last collaboration, hopefully more to come in the future, if not in a drama they should also do another movie together<33
i don't think i would ever get tired of their pairing ever :P
beside that, the two of them is two of the most versatile actors ever and there is never a trace of past character in their recent acting, everything is the opposite of their past character and they always bring new breath in each character given to them<33
that is why for me their pairing could never get old no matter how many times they paired up because their past character never get in their way to portray new roles and they always give a fresh feeling for each new roles with better chemistry each times :wub:

avieamber
Fansubber
Fansubber
Posts: 749
Joined: Jun 4th, '08, 04:54
Location: Malaysia

Post by avieamber » Apr 18th, '10, 03:53

just done with ep1
omg...nakaji and Haru just sizzled on screen!!!~ even if they were just walking together on the street, the chemistry is beyond words! :wub: Total awesomeness.

Nakaji is a loveable character, totally made my fav. Along with Haru of course. And am I the only one who thinks that there were this particular scene where Juri kinda acts like Nodame especially the part where she was confessing to her friend that she might like Nakaji in the beginning before they met. I really sense some Nodame in there lol...

The other characters are fine. I think JaeJoong is kinda funny and to think he has a crush on Haru and the things he does. I'm gonna give him the benefit of the doubt atm since he did fine in the first episode. And omg...the obasan boss from that mag company totally creeps me out!!!~ and that kiss was gross. really gross. yuck... :crazy:

All in all, I'm totally gonna LOVE this show. I can't wait to see how Haru and Nakaji's relationship developes from now on. and :lol at Haru's quote of the episode " Half-permanent" when Nakaji asks her whether the "goodbye" is meant to be forever or not. Her character is so adorable! Total contrast from Ruka and Nodame.
and btw, it's funny how the video works after I play it with the subs. and I tried to minimize other applications, the lagging is gone. Thanks for all the opinions before!~ :salut:

User avatar
bmwracer
Posts: 2108
Joined: Aug 12th, '05, 00:12
Location: Juri-chan's speed dial

Post by bmwracer » Apr 18th, '10, 04:33

avieamber wrote:and btw, it's funny how the video works after I play it with the subs. and I tried to minimize other applications, the lagging is gone. Thanks for all the opinions before!~ :salut:
Yeah, if you have too many programs running simultaneously, it slows down the CPU from playing the video correctly.... :sweat:

stolenxkisses
Posts: 58
Joined: Apr 18th, '05, 10:16

Post by stolenxkisses » Apr 18th, '10, 05:11

Salz wrote:beside that, the two of them is two of the most versatile actors ever and there is never a trace of past character in their recent acting, everything is the opposite of their past character and they always bring new breath in each character given to them<33
Totally hearing you here. It's amazing how different they are from Takeru and Ruka, and how different they are from their characters in Summer Time Machine Blues! It's really cool watching Eita take the lead now, when he used to just stare at Juri from afar ;) Somehow I like their characters in Summer Time Machine Blues best -- I think it was their first time acting together, and they were just so sweet!
Last edited by stolenxkisses on Apr 18th, '10, 14:40, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
miznagase
Posts: 151
Joined: Feb 4th, '08, 05:54
Location: ichihara hayato's room

Post by miznagase » Apr 18th, '10, 05:19

avieamber wrote:just done with ep1
omg...nakaji and Haru just sizzled on screen!!!~ even if they were just walking together on the street, the chemistry is beyond words! :wub: Total awesomeness.

Nakaji is a loveable character, totally made my fav. Along with Haru of course. And am I the only one who thinks that there were this particular scene where Juri kinda acts like Nodame especially the part where she was confessing to her friend that she might like Nakaji in the beginning before they met. I really sense some Nodame in there lol...

The other characters are fine. I think JaeJoong is kinda funny and to think he has a crush on Haru and the things he does. I'm gonna give him the benefit of the doubt atm since he did fine in the first episode. And omg...the obasan boss from that mag company totally creeps me out!!!~ and that kiss was gross. really gross. yuck... :crazy:

All in all, I'm totally gonna LOVE this show. I can't wait to see how Haru and Nakaji's relationship developes from now on. and :lol at Haru's quote of the episode " Half-permanent" when Nakaji asks her whether the "goodbye" is meant to be forever or not. Her character is so adorable! Total contrast from Ruka and Nodame.
omg i feel the same way about that kiss with the obatarian boss. puke! :crazy:
he should just quit his job if he has to put up with that kind of crap :glare:
and, yeah, juri in the beginning totally reminded me of nodame :lol

User avatar
bmwracer
Posts: 2108
Joined: Aug 12th, '05, 00:12
Location: Juri-chan's speed dial

Post by bmwracer » Apr 18th, '10, 06:34

stolenxkisses wrote: Somehow I like their characters in Summer Time Machine Blues best -- I think it was their first time acting together, and they were just so sweet!
They were both in Orange Days, but I'm not sure if they were ever on screen together... And then there's that Calbee CM... :)

stolenxkisses
Posts: 58
Joined: Apr 18th, '05, 10:16

Post by stolenxkisses » Apr 18th, '10, 07:13

bmwracer wrote:They were both in Orange Days, but I'm not sure if they were ever on screen together... And then there's that Calbee CM... :)
Yes! :) The Calbee CM is damn cute. Also, they never appear together in Orange Days... I went through the whole series for them :( Summer Time Machine Blues is the first for me!

Also, watching the whole thing with subs makes the episode make a whole lot more coherent sense... I wish Eita's character wouldn't lead Juri on so much. I don't think he means it, either, but...

Btw,
is Eita's long-lost girlfriend the one who appeared as Juri and Eita were having tea? Because she had a tattoo on her neck at the end of the episode, right, but that isn't present in the scene where they were having tea.

And I'm still wondering what the song that played near the end of the episode is, when Juri was at Eita's door.
Last edited by stolenxkisses on Apr 18th, '10, 12:51, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
chokubi
Posts: 315
Joined: Dec 6th, '06, 15:38

Post by chokubi » Apr 18th, '10, 07:56

stolenxkisses wrote:is Eita's long-lost girlfriend the one who appeared as Juri and Eita were having tea? Because she had a tattoo on her neck at the end of the episode, right, but that isn't present in the scene where they were having tea.
Yeah, it's the same woman. Which bring up the question of whether it was intentional or did producers miss out on such a glaring detail.
And I'm still wondering what the song that played near the end of the episode is, when Juri was at Eita's door.
Someone mentioned earlier that ep1 used a lot of tracks from The Ting Tings, so it could be from them too.

Ayisha
Posts: 22
Joined: Nov 9th, '05, 02:46

Post by Ayisha » Apr 18th, '10, 08:10

I finally got to watch the first episode with subs and I really liked it. This drama is definitely one of the series I'm going to continue watching this season. :)
Eita and Ueno Juri looked really good together and they played their characters spot-on. I could sort of understand how Tsukiko must have felt with all the mixed signals Nakaji was giving her. I also liked their lines about goodbye and whether it was forever or not. I have a feeling that's not the last time I'll hear of it in this series, LOL.

One of the things I love about Kitagawa Eriko's writing is that even her supporting characters have stories of their own that pulls me right in and it's no different with Sunao. Out of the three, I feel sorry for Linda the most. That must have hurt his ego, knowing that the only reason he got promoted was because his boss was interested in him. And now, his boss wants him to pay her back and that's just wrong. I'm also curious about Hikari and why she had those cuts in her wrist. And for Doctor, I just feel sorry for him - it's obvious that he has this huge crush on Tsukiko that every one knows would be unrequited.

Although the Twitter thing didn't really feel as if it was important...I thought the five of them could have met up in any other way, and it wouldn't have made a difference to the story. But since it was only the first episode, maybe they'd elaborate on that more as the series progresses. :)

User avatar
totemokakkoii
Posts: 199
Joined: Jan 13th, '08, 15:32

Post by totemokakkoii » Apr 18th, '10, 12:28

i really like the drama, kinda remind me of Love Shuffle..
where the charaters get together because of a common interest or common purpose, yet when they r with each other, they aren't really who they are... everyone has something to hid, some secret to keep.. in actual fact they r dying to tell, dying to find someone who could understand them or allow them to tell, to be their real self... what they present to the outside world are just who they hope they are... when actually they r weaker than the persona they r protraying...
i dun care if the rating is good or bad... i am definitely going to watch on...

User avatar
bmwracer
Posts: 2108
Joined: Aug 12th, '05, 00:12
Location: Juri-chan's speed dial

Post by bmwracer » Apr 18th, '10, 16:29

totemokakkoii wrote:i dun care if the rating is good or bad... i am definitely going to watch on...
Yes. :thumright:

User avatar
L'Arc
Posts: 63
Joined: Apr 2nd, '10, 13:59

Post by L'Arc » Apr 18th, '10, 17:05

I like the BGM in this drama, specially:
The track that played during their third meeting (at the cafe).
Hope they include it in the OST.

stolenxkisses
Posts: 58
Joined: Apr 18th, '05, 10:16

Post by stolenxkisses » Apr 18th, '10, 17:12

L'Arc wrote:I like the BGM in this drama. Hope they include it in the OST.
I hope so too :( But I think other than the few original songs composed for the drama (e.g. Weaver's 'Hard to Say I Love You'), a lot of them are actually songs taken from other places, which will probably not be released again in a CD.

Perhaps this is the time to pimp the OST compilation project -- or more accurately, BGM compilation ;) So that we can have our own unofficial OST.

In other news, countdown to the next episode: 4 days! Add a day or two for subs.

User avatar
Sakuya
Posts: 188
Joined: Sep 25th, '05, 21:14
Location: Hawaii
Contact:

Post by Sakuya » Apr 19th, '10, 00:27

I thought the first episode was pretty boring actually. :| But the last time I've seen Ueno Juri's drama was Last Friends and her character here is totally different. She's such a great actress! But I'd love to watch more.

Was anyone else annoyed by the weird boxes transitions thing they do throughout the episode?

User avatar
bmwracer
Posts: 2108
Joined: Aug 12th, '05, 00:12
Location: Juri-chan's speed dial

Post by bmwracer » Apr 19th, '10, 01:24

Sakuya wrote:I thought the first episode was pretty boring actually. :| But the last time I've seen Ueno Juri's drama was Last Friends and her character here is totally different. She's such a great actress! But I'd love to watch more.
Hmm, I wasn't bored in the least, though I thought some of the stuff was rather cliche, like the final scene... There was a lot of stuff going on in the first episode... I hope they'll be able to flesh it all out in 11(?) episodes.
Was anyone else annoyed by the weird boxes transitions thing they do throughout the episode?
Not me.

It was just a stylistic touch by the director....

User avatar
miznagase
Posts: 151
Joined: Feb 4th, '08, 05:54
Location: ichihara hayato's room

Post by miznagase » Apr 19th, '10, 01:50

bmwracer wrote:Hmm, I wasn't bored in the least, though I thought some of the stuff was rather cliche, like the final scene... There was a lot of stuff going on in the first episode... I hope they'll be able to flesh it all out in 11(?) episodes.
yeah, there's a lot going on and a lot of unanswered questions from the first episode...
haru: is she going to ignore nakaji now that she knows he's with that chick?
nakaji: is he really going to keep on dating that chick, and what's up with him and his dad? mysterious... :scratch:
linda: is he going to quit his job so that he can escape from that nasty boss?
doctor: how is he going to keep on pretending that he's a doctor and is he going to confess his feelings to haru?
haru's friend (forgot her name): is she feeling suicidal? does she have feelings for linda after that one-night stand?

User avatar
noichang
Posts: 1
Joined: Apr 18th, '10, 23:11
Location: Miami, FL
Contact:

Post by noichang » Apr 19th, '10, 02:04

i like it so far. although i'll have to see how it turns out after a few episodes.

User avatar
Orion1986
Posts: 3027
Joined: Dec 28th, '09, 20:50
Contact:

Post by Orion1986 » Apr 19th, '10, 07:05

I'm liking it so far. Seems to have good production value, the cast is both good looking and seems to be doing well so far in the acting department too. Of course, it's a joy to watch Eita and Juri-chan together.

The story seems intriguing and keeps you interested. It loosely reminds me of Love Shuffle, but thankfully, it doesn't have its lame humor and general comedic tone it had in the beginning. I didn't like that there. Also, the characters here seem more normal and so do their problems.

The music, as said, is very nice. I reeeeeally want to know what song it was playing at the end of the episode
when Haru saw that woman in Nakaji's apartment.
I do hope they'll make a compilation soundtrack and have all those songs there because they are all very nice.

Can't wait for the next one.
Last edited by Orion1986 on Apr 22nd, '10, 21:07, edited 1 time in total.

voldemort
Posts: 115
Joined: Sep 6th, '09, 09:02

Post by voldemort » Apr 19th, '10, 07:59

Sakuya wrote:I thought the first episode was pretty boring actually.
Yeah a lot of expected cliches, but also a lot of mysteries and questions raised. So maybe it will be more interesting than the basic love drama.
But the last time I've seen Ueno Juri's drama was Last Friends and her character here is totally different. She's such a great actress!
Yeah, I found her acting pretty boring in nodame, but now that was her character in that drama ;) She was very very good in last friends. Hard to recognize her in this drama when one has in mind her last friends role! That's probably what qualifies her as a good actress ;)
Was anyone else annoyed by the weird boxes transitions thing they do throughout the episode?
Yeah I was annoyed! Especially at the very beginning of the episode, I was afraid it would last all the episode long with so many transitions, it was making the screen very hard to understand! But it quiet down after few minutes! So as transition once in a while, it's fine ;)

User avatar
Issy
Posts: 2891
Joined: Apr 16th, '06, 14:10
Location: London

Post by Issy » Apr 19th, '10, 08:22

i was going to watch it raw but i just read that sub for ep1 is out but i can't find it. can i get some help please??? :salut:

User avatar
XrayMind
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Posts: 524
Joined: May 2nd, '04, 20:33
Location: Land of the Sub-Prime

Post by XrayMind » Apr 19th, '10, 08:39

Issy wrote:i was going to watch it raw but i just read that sub for ep1 is out but i can't find it. can i get some help please??? :salut:
I will make it hard for you. Go watch the RAW and wait for the English title shown just before the Japanese title. Then come back here and look for the English subtitles under the English title. :P

OK, the easy way, go to the 1st message of this discussion thread and you should see the English title in the picture.

User avatar
Issy
Posts: 2891
Joined: Apr 16th, '06, 14:10
Location: London

Post by Issy » Apr 19th, '10, 08:57

XrayMind wrote:
Issy wrote:i was going to watch it raw but i just read that sub for ep1 is out but i can't find it. can i get some help please??? :salut:
I will make it hard for you. Go watch the RAW and wait for the English title shown just before the Japanese title. Then come back here and look for the English subtitles under the English title. :P

OK, the easy way, go to the 1st message of this discussion thread and you should see the English title in the picture.
:scratch: :scratch: :scratch: :blink :blink :doh:
so sorry if my questione looks very lazy but i looked (seriously), well, i just woken up and this is the most my eyes/brain can find/look first thing in the morning. :pale:
oh, and i tried to keep up with this thread but with new post poping out every half second, it was proven to be a hard task. :mrgreen:

User avatar
Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Posts: 7226
Joined: Jun 28th, '09, 18:16
Contact:

Post by Ethlenn » Apr 19th, '10, 09:33

Issy, dear, Japanese subs are here:
http://www.d-addicts.com/forum/viewtopic_84307.htm
:salut:

User avatar
MisS Lonliah
Posts: 1279
Joined: Apr 4th, '08, 15:28
Location: Dubai ~ United Arab Emirates

Post by MisS Lonliah » Apr 19th, '10, 09:43


User avatar
MisS Lonliah
Posts: 1279
Joined: Apr 4th, '08, 15:28
Location: Dubai ~ United Arab Emirates

Post by MisS Lonliah » Apr 19th, '10, 09:48

XrayMind wrote:
Issy wrote:i was going to watch it raw but i just read that sub for ep1 is out but i can't find it. can i get some help please??? :salut:
I will make it hard for you. Go watch the RAW and wait for the English title shown just before the Japanese title. Then come back here and look for the English subtitles under the English title. :P
what a creative solution! :mrgreen:

Romance
Posts: 687
Joined: Jun 19th, '05, 00:14

Post by Romance » Apr 19th, '10, 11:16

Liking it so far, hope it wont disappoint in following eps!

User avatar
Issy
Posts: 2891
Joined: Apr 16th, '06, 14:10
Location: London

Post by Issy » Apr 19th, '10, 12:02

@E-chan, miss S L :P
thanks alot for spoon fed reply. :lol i think i will use English subs for now (much more easier to understand :P ) :salut:
now that i had my morning coffee, i'm all back to my senses. :cheers:

User avatar
SSpiegel
Posts: 433
Joined: Oct 26th, '07, 22:52
Location: Finland

Post by SSpiegel » Apr 19th, '10, 12:37

I also found the first episode a bit boring. And the transitions... really annoying! Felt trendy, but unnecessary. But I'll keep watching because I love Eita to bits!

Jaejoong was pretty awkward, but, surprisingly, I found Ueno Juri very awkward, too. I don't think this character suits her, everything just felt so forced. Maybe it will get better once the story develops, and there will be some character development also.

Eita was lovely as usual, but I kind of felt I'd already seen this character. Kind of cool, but conflicted, or something. The character does suit him, tho.

User avatar
JUYI
Posts: 22
Joined: Dec 9th, '08, 12:19

Post by JUYI » Apr 19th, '10, 12:55

yeah the description 'awkward'... i think haru's meant to be that way... as i recollect how the scriptwriter describes haru to be... juri's acting falls into place....

and eita well... he did steal the limeline lol. he's good! jaejoong's character 's cute too.

of cos i think we should just watch on haha! yeah i await 2nd epi!

User avatar
Mugatu
Posts: 67
Joined: Dec 21st, '08, 06:22
Location: Sweden

Post by Mugatu » Apr 19th, '10, 13:06

watched the first ep yesterday. it sure looks interesting! however, the korean guy isn't believable at all.. don't like the character at all. other than that it looks good!

User avatar
bmwracer
Posts: 2108
Joined: Aug 12th, '05, 00:12
Location: Juri-chan's speed dial

Post by bmwracer » Apr 19th, '10, 13:39

voldemort wrote:Yeah, I found her acting pretty boring in nodame, but now that was her character in that drama ;)
Ehhhhhh? :scratch:

Mugatu wrote: however, the korean guy isn't believable at all.. don't like the character at all.
I feel the same way... The character is such a little wimp... Just like Nishikido Ryo's character in Last Friends.

stolenxkisses
Posts: 58
Joined: Apr 18th, '05, 10:16

Post by stolenxkisses » Apr 19th, '10, 15:18

JUYI wrote:yeah the description 'awkward'... i think haru's meant to be that way... as i recollect how the scriptwriter describes haru to be... juri's acting falls into place....
I do agree with this. I read somewhere that Juri was supposed to play a 24-year-old who'd never had a boyfriend. For someone as adorable as Juri, there were doubts that she would be able to pull it off -- but she did so, marvelously and awkwardly. She makes you believe that she never had a boyfriend before, even though her characters are so lovely.

About Jaejoong, for someone who's not a fan, I thought he played his quiet character very well. Or perhaps I'm just biased because his character expressed interest in Juri so quickly, and this only based on their Twitter interactions. I have a weakness for anyone who has a weakness for Juri.

User avatar
bmwracer
Posts: 2108
Joined: Aug 12th, '05, 00:12
Location: Juri-chan's speed dial

Post by bmwracer » Apr 19th, '10, 15:41

stolenxkisses wrote:
JUYI wrote:yeah the description 'awkward'... i think haru's meant to be that way... as i recollect how the scriptwriter describes haru to be... juri's acting falls into place....
I do agree with this. I read somewhere that Juri was supposed to play a 24-year-old who'd never had a boyfriend. For someone as adorable as Juri, there were doubts that she would be able to pull it off -- but she did so, marvelously and awkwardly. She makes you believe that she never had a boyfriend before, even though her characters are so lovely.
Yeah, hard to believe, but I think Juri-chan played the awkward girl quite well. :)
I have a weakness for anyone who has a weakness for Juri.
Would that include me? :mrgreen: :lol

User avatar
miznagase
Posts: 151
Joined: Feb 4th, '08, 05:54
Location: ichihara hayato's room

Post by miznagase » Apr 19th, '10, 16:11

bmwracer wrote:
Mugatu wrote: however, the korean guy isn't believable at all.. don't like the character at all.
I feel the same way... The character is such a little wimp... Just like Nishikido Ryo's character in Last Friends.
haha, don't be hatin :P
and i agree with you guys about jaejoong's acting.
he should just stick with singing and dancing :lol

User avatar
SSpiegel
Posts: 433
Joined: Oct 26th, '07, 22:52
Location: Finland

Post by SSpiegel » Apr 19th, '10, 16:29

JUYI wrote:yeah the description 'awkward'... i think haru's meant to be that way... as i recollect how the scriptwriter describes haru to be... juri's acting falls into place....
Yeah, I get that, but that's not the kind of awkward I meant. More like, she was trying very hard, and it just didn't look right to me. It didn't feel natural.

User avatar
bmwracer
Posts: 2108
Joined: Aug 12th, '05, 00:12
Location: Juri-chan's speed dial

Post by bmwracer » Apr 19th, '10, 19:24

This should knock everyone's socks off:
Image
Credit: mayeve/Baidu

User avatar
MisS Lonliah
Posts: 1279
Joined: Apr 4th, '08, 15:28
Location: Dubai ~ United Arab Emirates

Post by MisS Lonliah » Apr 19th, '10, 20:56

bmwracer wrote:This should knock everyone's socks off:
Image
Credit: mayeve/Baidu
:mrgreen: she looks really HOT, but his hair is a bit annoying as usual :unsure:

User avatar
Issy
Posts: 2891
Joined: Apr 16th, '06, 14:10
Location: London

Post by Issy » Apr 19th, '10, 22:08

just started watching ep1 with subs,
Was anyone else annoyed by the weird boxes transitions thing they do throughout the episode?
YES. Verrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrry annoying and distracting. we are not amused :mrgreen:

User avatar
bmwracer
Posts: 2108
Joined: Aug 12th, '05, 00:12
Location: Juri-chan's speed dial

Post by bmwracer » Apr 19th, '10, 22:34

MisS Lonliah wrote:
bmwracer wrote:This should knock everyone's socks off:
Image
Credit: mayeve/Baidu
:mrgreen: she looks really HOT, but his hair is a bit annoying as usual :unsure:
Thing is, it's not who you think it is. :mrgreen:

koalachan
Posts: 109
Joined: Apr 4th, '05, 22:48
Location: uk

Post by koalachan » Apr 19th, '10, 23:57

hey...does anyone know what is the title of the song played at around 7.00? who is the singer? that song is so cool!!

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest