[Discussion] Moyashimon Live-Action Drama

Discuss Japanese drama series here.
Vider

[Discussion] Moyashimon Live-Action Drama

Post by Vider » Mar 4th, '10, 06:29

I did not find any mention of this drama in the forums, so I decided to start a discussion for it :-)

Moyashimon or もやしもん
Official Site
Drama Wiki
Airtime: July 8, 2010

Edit:
This article gives a bit more info:

[...] "The official website for the live-action drama adaptation of Masayuki Ishikawa's Moyashimon manga has launched with a one-minute promotional video on Sunday. (In the linked page, select the pink "スペシャル" germ in the menu at the bottom.) The July television series will be the first live-action work on the Fuji TV's popular late-night Noitamina timeslot. The story follows a college student who discovers that he can see and communicate
with the germs all around him — germs that appear as super-deformed characters. Yuichi Nakamura and the other stars of the drama presented the video during Sunday's press conference for Noitamina's 2010 lineup." [...]
Source: http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/20 ... mos-posted

I had no idea they were making a drama based on the manga/anime, lol... it should be adorable ^_^
Last edited by Vider on Jun 8th, '10, 05:24, edited 1 time in total.

micellemarkes

Post by micellemarkes » Jun 1st, '10, 15:27

I saw a program on NHK World that talked about this manga. I thought it was interesting, and I became more excited when I learned that they were making this into a drama.
The bacterias look too cute! haha In that same program, they even showed how the animators were making the bacterias for the live action.

I havent's seen the anime yet but since it interested me so much I think I will watch it now. I hope the drama would be good too. :-)

vspirit

Post by vspirit » Jun 1st, '10, 16:37

oh yeah. the microbes are way cute in this one. i liked the anime a lot. not too sure about them getting a girl to play the role of sawaki's best GUY friend, tho.

kamusuzo~~~~mmmh, this sure is making me feel like rewatching the anime...

cercado

Post by cercado » Jun 1st, '10, 22:30

Another fan of the anime here. I hope they do a decent job.

MisS Lonliah

Post by MisS Lonliah » Jun 1st, '10, 22:40

I'm so looking forward to this drama~

micellemarkes

Post by micellemarkes » Jun 5th, '10, 18:13

Oh they are planning to make Sawaki's friend a girl? Well thats interesting.

By the way, when exactly will this be aired?

Vider

Post by Vider » Jun 8th, '10, 05:23

July 8th, is when it is supposed to air. (I updated the first post) :cheers:

MisS Lonliah

Post by MisS Lonliah » Jun 8th, '10, 12:28

Thanks for the update! ;)

AnonKuro

Post by AnonKuro » Jul 9th, '10, 01:31

first episode is up on dramacrazy... anyone seen it yet? im not too sure whether or not to watch this, anyone want to fill me in?

SouthsideIrish

Post by SouthsideIrish » Jul 9th, '10, 02:33

I watched it on the Funimation web site and really liked it, but I am a fan of the anime too. Fun show for me.

lullabye

Post by lullabye » Jul 9th, '10, 13:45

AnonKuro wrote:first episode is up on dramacrazy... anyone seen it yet? im not too sure whether or not to watch this, anyone want to fill me in?
Thanks for saying. I will have to watch so that my Channaka fangirl friends don't beat me with a stick.

seirin
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by seirin » Jul 10th, '10, 01:36

AnonKuro wrote:first episode is up on dramacrazy... anyone seen it yet? im not too sure whether or not to watch this, anyone want to fill me in?
Don't have any expectations of the drama and you should be okay? I really wouldn't recommend it to people. The story is...so so. I just watched it for Nakamura Yuichi.

gohan11

Post by gohan11 » Jul 10th, '10, 15:57

Big fan of the anime and manga so checking this one out for sure

tsukino72

Post by tsukino72 » Jul 10th, '10, 17:22

I do not know the manga nor the anime series but I watched the first ep. of this drama-series raw with my little boy :mrgreen: (he's seven years old and does not understand Japanese at all) and it's his favourite to watch !! The grossness and the germs really cracked him up. :lol: So yeah, I think, even if this series is getting nowhere, it's definitely a keeper!! :wub:

peachydomo

Post by peachydomo » Jul 11th, '10, 05:17

I really enjoyed the anime and I hope the live-action version is just as fun.

I just watched the first episode and wondered where Kei was in the opening credits... I also wish that Kei wasn't being portrayed by a female actress...

This will be a fun, light drama I think and I'm going to try not to compare it TOO much to the anime because I probably will be disappointed :P

debbiek153

Episode 1 Thoughts

Post by debbiek153 » Jul 23rd, '10, 03:38

Just saw the first two episodes, and it was cute. ^-^ I was freaked out by Haruka, but I'm liking the Tadayasu/Hazuki pairing very much. ^-^

Looking forward to future episodes~

lullabye

Post by lullabye » Jul 23rd, '10, 05:01

Three is already up on Funimation! I am really enjoying being able to watch a show with subs within 24 hours of its initial airing. I hope this is a wave of the future!

kaedejun

Post by kaedejun » Aug 2nd, '10, 18:26

DramaFever is putting up this drama too! they might be working with funimation on this... because it seems they're going to do a simulcast for this drama too