[Discussion] Tumbling

Discuss Japanese drama series here.
kigatsuyoi

Post by kigatsuyoi » Jun 19th, '10, 12:37

MaiKitty wrote:Man, the stream for 10 was really bad...
If they gonna kill Wataru I'm going to be really mad. And they conviently don't really show anything for the final episode preview that could give anything away. Aargh. Did they have a bath scene? Could be that I missed it for 10, but I think I didn't see one.....WHY? That's always the best part of the episode (j/k). Looking forward to 11/Final. But only if they all survive. Damn you Akabane.
I know what you mean. But it is so much better than the channel not appearing at all like last time. :D
I think I missed the first segment of Wataru vs. Akibana: the continuation of the last part of ep9. Did anything happen?
It is sad that after all this training,
our tumbling team may not perform together :cry:
Without a preview for ep 11, there is ample space for our imagination to roam, isn’t there? So, here are my predictions,
Yuta and the gang will actually not participate and run from the tournament to help save Kiyama and Wataru. Well, maybe not-I hope they won’t do that. For some reason I really want the boys to participate in the tournament. Plus I don’t think Yuta and the gang have enough “fighting” experience to help..lol.. But who knows, maybe they will actually try to beg Akibana to stop his craziness like what Kiyama did? Too cliché? Bear with me my mind is just filled with random thoughts right now.
I don’t feel like anyone is going to die. But most importantly, if they do participate in the competition, do you think our tumbling team will win? Maybe 3rd place? What are your thoughts?
Or will we see Akibana all tearful and filled with regrets. Perhaps he would finally listen to Wataru’s plea and after struggle and bruises, agrees to let Wataru and Kiyama go just in time for them to participate in the competition. I think I have watched a lot of Gokusen!!!lol.
Ok., I am out of thoughts. I just hope tumbling ends in a fitting, memorable manner. And I hope the writer will surprise us positively and not in a cliché fashion. and Please, don't let it be an open ending!! I don’t think I am asking for too much, am I? :-)

MaiKitty

Post by MaiKitty » Jun 19th, '10, 12:54

^But open ending calls for a Special. I would love to see a Tumbling special!

lullabye

Post by lullabye » Jun 19th, '10, 12:56

kigatsuyoi wrote: It is sad that after all this training,
our tumbling team may not perform together :cry:
Without a preview for ep 11, there is ample space for our imagination to roam, isn’t there? So, here are my predictions,
Yuta and the gang will actually not participate and run from the tournament to help save Kiyama and Wataru. Well, maybe not-I hope they won’t do that. For some reason I really want the boys to participate in the tournament. Plus I don’t think Yuta and the gang have enough “fighting” experience to help..lol.. But who knows, maybe they will actually try to beg Akibana to stop his craziness like what Kiyama did? Too cliché? Bear with me my mind is just filled with random thoughts right now.
I don’t feel like anyone is going to die. But most importantly, if they do participate in the competition, do you think our tumbling team will win? Maybe 3rd place? What are your thoughts?
Or will we see Akibana all tearful and filled with regrets. Perhaps he would finally listen to Wataru’s plea and after struggle and bruises, agrees to let Wataru and Kiyama go just in time for them to participate in the competition. I think I have watched a lot of Gokusen!!!lol.
Ok., I am out of thoughts. I just hope tumbling ends in a fitting, memorable manner. And I hope the writer will surprise us positively and not in a cliché fashion. and Please, don't let it be an open ending!! I don’t think I am asking for too much, am I? :-)
I like your prediction. I seriously doubt it will come about, but it would be fun if the rumble turned into a tumble. Whatever happens in 11, I will be disappointed simply because it is the last episode and I don't want it to be!

vspirit

Post by vspirit » Jun 19th, '10, 14:49

...they'll participate.

lullabye

Post by lullabye » Jun 20th, '10, 00:57

Did you see the bad news that Daito was in a motorcycle accident and broke his thigh?

Best wishes Daito!

pinkporca

Post by pinkporca » Jun 20th, '10, 01:29

Best wishes Daito... Speedy recovery..

MaiKitty

Post by MaiKitty » Jun 20th, '10, 06:15

lullabye wrote:Did you see the bad news that Daito was in a motorcycle accident and broke his thigh?

Best wishes Daito!
Oh...I guess his scenes for Tumbling are finished by now so that doesn't really affect the drama, right? If they film the last scene on th 21st then that would be a problem. (But I guess because of his injury in the drama, he is not in the last routine anyway) Poor him, though. :crazy:

Tumbling DVD-Box is announced. Around 20.000 Yen. Why do these things have to be that expensive. *sigh*

vspirit

Post by vspirit » Jun 20th, '10, 13:37

hope the dude's able to get back on his feet soon.
i find the scene where Hino sits on a cabbage stool very...ironic xxD

unguanime

Post by unguanime » Jun 20th, '10, 21:40

For the first time I cried when watching Tumbling. Every episode always touches my heart, but I'm not a person who easily cry over a dorama.
I am seriously scared that
Wataru will die.
Aaaaah!!!!!

And I don't think

that Yuta and the others will abandon the competition and go to save Kiyama and Wataru. As Wataru has said, he and Kiyama trust their dreams to them.
As for their chance of winning, I don't know. The story has gone like this and I just don't know what to expect. I hope ep 11 will give us a nice surprise.

Poor Daito!! *cries*

@vspirit
Ah, yes, the cabbage stool..... XD

vspirit

Post by vspirit » Jun 23rd, '10, 15:22

#$@&% That frickin' Nishijima just posted a frickin spoileristic picture on his *beep* blog (#`皿´)=3

(it prolly wasn't just his blog but his is the only one i follow so...)

j.k, i'm not angry at all xxD but
...all of you are worried that Wataru's gonna get beaten to death or something, you don't have to be anymore

lullabye

Post by lullabye » Jun 23rd, '10, 19:20

vspirit wrote:#$@&% That frickin' Nishijima just posted a frickin spoileristic picture on his *beep* blog (#`皿´)=3

(it prolly wasn't just his blog but his is the only one i follow so...)

j.k, i'm not angry at all xxD but
...all of you are worried that Wataru's gonna get beaten to death or something, you don't have to be anymore
Just in case I decide to be spoilered, what's the link to Nissy's blog?

MaiKitty

Post by MaiKitty » Jun 23rd, '10, 20:51

http://ameblo.jp/aaatour-staff/

It's AAA's blog, so all members of AAA post there, not only Nissy.

lullabye

Post by lullabye » Jun 26th, '10, 11:55

MaiKitty wrote:http://ameblo.jp/aaatour-staff/

It's AAA's blog, so all members of AAA post there, not only Nissy.
Thanks for the link.

lullabye

Post by lullabye » Jun 26th, '10, 12:01

Yes! That was a very satisfying ending! No bath scenes, but lots of tight pink uniforms. And lots of Yuta, which I consider a very good thing.

I was glad to see that they had already filmed the non-meet scenes in such a way that Daito is not missing or awkwardly pasted in. The entire staff and cast has a lot to be proud of.

MaiKitty

Post by MaiKitty » Jun 26th, '10, 12:02

Can't believe it's over. Goodbye Tumbling....

Final
Didn't disappoint. I liked the final routine and had tears in my eyes in almost every scene. I loved Shoko-sensei in this episode and even with all the drama and stuff there was a lot of laughter and jokes as well. Nice ending to a great show and fortunately nobody was killed. I really liked Tumbling and I am sad it's over. But I can watch it again and again if I want to.
I also wanna say Goodbye to the Tumbling thread here on d-addicts and thank you guys for the discussion. If you reread the thread it seems very strange...I had a great time and will post some more I think, but now that the show is over, this thread will slowly die, too. Thanks girls for the fun and the inspiration. Even though we agreed to disagree we never fought and that's an achievement as well, if you check the threads of other shows.

There could've been more posts. I guess people didn't realize what a great show Tumbling was.

Let's all sing Manazashi now...Zutto oikakete, oikakete....lalalaaaaa!

blackbalsam

Post by blackbalsam » Jun 26th, '10, 12:04

It has ended, ne? :cry: Liked the episode. Once again fell in love with Nippori and the way Nippori and Wataru treat each other - makes me smile stupidly lol

Totaly loved the scene with Wataru after the championship
the one where they are celebrating at the Kamome and Mari-chan after all picked Hiro - the heart-broken Wataru was awesome. Such a cutie, like a lil' baby with all his over the top reactions. :D

blackbalsam

Post by blackbalsam » Jun 26th, '10, 12:09

lullabye wrote:Yes! That was a very satisfying ending! No bath scenes, but lots of tight pink uniforms. And lots of Yuta, which I consider a very good thing.

I was glad to see that they had already filmed the non-meet scenes in such a way that Daito is not missing or awkwardly pasted in. The entire staff and cast has a lot to be proud of.
Agree. Actually, I totaly forgot that Daito has been injured until I read your post, so..I dunno wether it shows my stupidity or the genius work the cast and all the stuff has done (I hope to believe to the 2nd statement). :cheers: To them! ;)

MaiKitty

Post by MaiKitty » Jun 26th, '10, 12:12

The only scenes where he was missing are the ones where they fall into each others arms after the routine is over. He is there all the other times so I assume that was filmed before.

kigatsuyoi

Post by kigatsuyoi » Jun 26th, '10, 12:53

I loved the ending.
I cannot deny that it was very very predictable, yet I would not have wanted it to end in any other way.
After all their trials, you cannot help but feel they deserve a happy ending. The last scene with the love triangle was awesome. I could not stop laughing when Hino was warned to run away-else Wataru will get him.
Loved their tumbling routine; it was very entertaining/unique. Couldn’t help but cheer for them all the way as if I was in the stadium. lol :cheers: I sure am going to miss tumbling. :cry: :cry:

I hope to see our tumbling team in a new drama soon; they were all brilliant, dedicated actors that really impressed me with their tumbling skills. :clap:

One last question: does anyone know what exactly their rank in the finals was?

Thanks and take care everyone :D

blackbalsam

Post by blackbalsam » Jun 26th, '10, 13:40

kigatsuyoi wrote:One last question: does anyone know what exactly their rank in the finals was?
If I didn't get wrong the lines than they were first with 18.950 points so they get to Nationals which means, well, or rather its asking for a SP.
Or maybe I just don't want to let them go that easily :D

MaiKitty

Post by MaiKitty » Jun 26th, '10, 13:43

But wasn't the last scene something about only Nippori, Hino and Tsuchiya remaining? I mean the others graduated, right? Hino wanted Nippori as captain, lol.
And didn't Washizu have 18.950 points?
Seemed like a flashforward to me...

shigechan

Post by shigechan » Jun 26th, '10, 14:05

(Deleted)
Last edited by shigechan on Jun 26th, '10, 17:28, edited 1 time in total.

lullabye

Post by lullabye » Jun 26th, '10, 14:12

shigechan wrote:I've made a music video of this drama. Watch it after watching the final episode.

ttp://www.megaupload.com/?d=4A8WLTPH
I'm getting a "not found" with that url.

kigatsuyoi

Post by kigatsuyoi » Jun 26th, '10, 14:16

@ blackbalsam
I'm sure many of us here share your desire for a special. :-)
MaiKitty wrote:
But wasn't the last scene something about only Nippori, Hino and Tsuchiya remaining? I mean the others graduated, right? Hino wanted Nippori as captain, lol.
And didn't Washizu have 18.950 points?
I was all Go Nippori :cheers: . I loved his passion in ep 10 and felt sorry for him. .
I believe you are right about the rank. Well, I guess I'll have to rewatch when the subs are out that is if I am patient enough.^^

MaiKitty

Post by MaiKitty » Jun 26th, '10, 14:26

^
Somehow I did miss the whole ranking thing. I guess I just didn't pay attention. In the end it also didn't seem very important anymore. I was enjoying the warm and fuzzy team moments.

lullabye

Post by lullabye » Jun 26th, '10, 14:47

MaiKitty wrote:^
Somehow I did miss the whole ranking thing. I guess I just didn't pay attention. In the end it also didn't seem very important anymore. I was enjoying the warm and fuzzy team moments.
Same here--I was so enjoying the team enjoying each other that I forgot to check the scoreboard when they finally showed it. But they showed it so late, that I think that was the point, that who won was not important.

vspirit

Post by vspirit » Jun 26th, '10, 15:22

heya guys. they appeared on ousama no brunch earlier today and here be the vids:

Part 1 | Part 2

the user will be taking them down tomorrow evening (6/27 nippon jikan) so watch, or better yet, download em while they're still up! ^_^

lullabye

Post by lullabye » Jun 26th, '10, 15:38

vspirit wrote:heya guys. they appeared on ousama no brunch earlier today and here be the vids:

Part 1 | Part 2

the user will be taking them down tomorrow evening (6/27 nippon jikan) so watch, or better yet, download em while they're still up! ^_^
Thanks! Definitely grabbing while the grabbing's possible.

blackbalsam

Post by blackbalsam » Jun 26th, '10, 16:54

vspirit wrote:heya guys. they appeared on ousama no brunch earlier today and here be the vids:

Part 1 | Part 2

Thanks for sharing! :)

@MaiKitty
Maybe Washizu did, I kinda didn't pay much attention to the scoreboard as you said "I was enjoying the warm and fuzzy team moments"

Puszedli

Post by Puszedli » Jun 26th, '10, 18:00

vspirit thanks for your link
This show was really good, I couldn't understand much but the rankings were good. If I hink well they voted Nissy and Yamamoto to be leader and Seto a narcisst LOL :cheers:
I wish I could see it with eng sub. :lol

Can't wait for the last ep. I did really enjoy this show, watched the raws and read your posts here. I was really sad when Yamanade had ended bcause usually i don't watch raws. But this show made me wait really badly for Sunday when I could watch it on dramacrazy. I just found there ep 9 and 10 with eng sub :)

Ah, what will i do without Tumbling? So many good actors, so many touching secenes and humor and of course the tight pinku dresses :D Pink Saico! :D Not to mention the bath scenes. :P Yes, I'm a naughty girl, too :wub:

Thanks for your comments, I really laughed a lot, but my English isn't so good and I didn't have time to respond. But finally I wrote soma stuff, too :)

I think a lot of people liked this show, but subbing was slow and maybe they are waiting for girigiri team's version :)
Currently watching: I DO I DO, Rich man, poor woman, GTO, Mikeneko Holmes no Suiri, Omoni Naitemasu

vspirit

Post by vspirit » Jun 27th, '10, 18:11

kigatsuyoi wrote:One last question: does anyone know what exactly their rank in the finals was?
they came in third so they didn't make it to the nationals.
high points of the show:-
-interesting routine
-baba-sensei (gotta love her. especially at the end. I'm not a guy but boy did she make my heart go kyun♡)
-hino stuffing his face (combined with the bewildered look he had...priceless xD)
-wataru heartbroken
-nippori's antics (which have consistently been one of the high points of every episode, really xxD)

and
nippori becoming captain hahaha
coupla things I noticed:
-tsurumi has a voice that makes him sound a bit peculiar when talking...kinda like a villain in a gangsta flick lol
-in the second last scene at kamome, when hino was smirking up at the heartbroken wataru, the combination of looking up while scrunching down his brow gave him the effect of having double eyelids xxD i was wondering where they'd come from all of a sudden

this show is really something else, and i mean that both in the good and bad way. still, the amount of hard work put into it and the sacrifices it incurred make it something very special indeed. it's something unique to tumbling, i feel, so while this show isn't on my list of favorites (not like i had one to begin with, really xD but if i did it wouldn't be on it), it'll always have a special place in my heart. =)

oh and
if you visit the tumbling lj comm, you'll find that a kind member called boe_4eva has uploaded the special features from the dvd so Image if you haven't already :lol do remember to thank her for her trouble tho, if you're Imageing

ammarashi

Post by ammarashi » Jun 27th, '10, 23:50

i really liked that drama, & i was kinda sad thinking there wont be any tumbling 12...
Yuta, the gay one and his lover were really my favorites!! I mean, the cutest haha i dont even remember their names....

And about the actors in the drama, I was really surprised by Akira from Exile, who was really good I think, for someone who is supposed to be a dancer (just like Hino-kun, I just noticed), but Hiroki from Lead.... he could dance, he could do the triple thing, but he still dont know how to play!!!! he should stop doing dramas (and let little Keita do the drama parts in Lead...)

lullabye

Post by lullabye » Jun 28th, '10, 02:55

Puszedli wrote:vspirit thanks for your link
This show was really good, I couldn't understand much but the rankings were good. If I hink well they voted Nissy and Yamamoto to be leader and Seto a narcisst LOL :cheers:
I wish I could see it with eng sub. :lol
A narcissist and crybaby, from what I gather from 2chan. It didn't seem to bother him, either one. I guess that's the power of being a narcissist? Or maybe he's just relieved to not be voted most socially awkward again.

I'd love to see the segment subbed, too. It looked like they were having a lot of fun, being together for the last time.
Ah, what will i do without Tumbling? So many good actors, so many touching secenes and humor and of course the tight pinku dresses :D Pink Saico! :D Not to mention the bath scenes. :P Yes, I'm a naughty girl, too :wub:

Thanks for your comments, I really laughed a lot, but my English isn't so good and I didn't have time to respond. But finally I wrote soma stuff, too :)

I think a lot of people liked this show, but subbing was slow and maybe they are waiting for girigiri team's version :)
Maybe the thread won't die as people start in on the Girigiri subs. I certainly will be watching again with their subs. Heh, I watch the raws, and I read everyone's subs. Yes, I am a maniac that way. Which is why I usually only watch one drama a season. I think I picked pretty darn well this time around!

It has been great chatting with everyone!

shigechan

Post by shigechan » Jun 28th, '10, 04:26

(Deleted)
Last edited by shigechan on Jun 29th, '10, 03:48, edited 1 time in total.

lullabye

Post by lullabye » Jun 28th, '10, 05:07

Very nice fanvid!

MaiKitty

Post by MaiKitty » Jul 3rd, '10, 12:11

:cry:

Man, I'm missing Tumbling like mad. What to do with Saturdays if I cannot start the Day with watching Tumbling? I'm going through withdrawal..... :alcoholic:

vspirit

Post by vspirit » Jul 3rd, '10, 15:27

i'm missing the discussions we used to have here...

lullabye

Post by lullabye » Jul 3rd, '10, 16:11

MaiKitty wrote::cry:

Man, I'm missing Tumbling like mad. What to do with Saturdays if I cannot start the Day with watching Tumbling? I'm going through withdrawal..... :alcoholic:
Me too!

On the other hand, I did enjoy sleeping in past 5:30 am for the first time in 11 Saturdays!

Romance

Post by Romance » Jul 6th, '10, 00:46

Just watched last ep and what a good feel-good drama, will miss it :cry:

AilsKeren27

Post by AilsKeren27 » Aug 8th, '10, 21:48

[quote="ammarashi"]i really liked that drama, & i was kinda sad thinking there wont be any tumbling 12...
Yuta, the gay one and his lover were really my favorites!! I mean, the cutest haha i dont even remember their names....

i like mizusawa "the gay one" too. he's so adorable. i wish he'll star in another drama soon. :-)

banaili

Post by banaili » Aug 22nd, '10, 05:58

Hello! I'm new here, and I'm glad to see that there's a place to talk about Tumbling here! :D This show is seriously amazing, in every possible way I can think of! An exceptional cast (and lots of pretty boys :P), a great storyline, great music, etc. I can't find anything wrong with it! At first I thought it would be boring because I thought it would only be about tumbling, but the storyline is fast-paced and there's just so much to it that every minute of the show is interesting. I just love it and wish it weren't already over... ._.

But for the record, me and a couple of other Tumbling fans put together a roleplay site where you can play as one of your favorite characters (or make your own)! It's just so that we can keep Tumbling going, even though the show is already over! :D If you're interested, we love to have other fans join us! You can check us out here:

http://tumblingtherpg.proboards.com/index.cgi

And for the record, the last comment kinda inspired me to ask this...who is your favorite character from the show and why? It's tough to really choose, but I think I like Tomo's Mizusawa the best. He's just so likeable! :)

lullabye

Post by lullabye » Aug 22nd, '10, 17:17

Well, I like Yuuta. He's responsible and thinks things through, but is adaptable. And I am always a sucker for Seto's glare of doom. It's the doomiest!

MaiKitty

Post by MaiKitty » Oct 10th, '12, 13:52

There was a drama special on TBS on October 6th called High School Kageki - Otokogumi which sounds like the second coming of Tumbling. Shunsuke Daito and Soran Tamoto were in it. Guess who did the title song? Honey L Days. Wow, and the picture is a rip off of the Tumbling promo pic. :roll Official Website: http://hicbc.com/tv/hskageki/ :goggle: