[Discussion] Rinjo (All Seasons)

Discuss Japanese drama series here.
raven_frost

[Discussion] Rinjo (All Seasons)

Post by raven_frost » Apr 2nd, '09, 16:19

Introduction
Based on the short novel of the same name by Yokoyama Hideo, Kuraishi Yoshio (Uchino Masaaki) is an ace forensics examiner who arrives at the scene before the police to assess the cause of death and likelihood of a case. He is reckless in his speech and behaviour, has no regard for discord with the people around him and stands firm when he thinks he is right. Because of his straight-talking style as well as brazen attitude even towards his superiors, the organisation considers him a nuisance but his unwavering confidence, attention towards the dead and genuine kindness gradually draws the people involved with him towards him.

Official Website
http://www.tv-asahi.co.jp/rinjo/

Cast
* Uchino Masaaki as Kuraishi Yoshio ( 45 )
* Matsushita Yuki as Kosaka Rumi ( 38 )
* Takashima Masanobu as Tachihara Masumi ( 45 )
* Watanabe Dai as Ichinose Kazuyuki ( 32 )
* Ibu Masato as Komatsuzaki Shuichi ( 60 )
* Ryu Daisuke as Bando Haruhisa ( 52 )
* Tsujitani Yoshimasa as Egawa Kohei ( 31 )
* Kaneko Sayaka as Hanazono Ai ( 26 )
* Hashizume Jun as Akatsuka Wataru ( 47 )
* Kyono Kotomi as Kuraishi Yukie
* Ito Yuko as Hayasaka Mariko ( 38 )
* Matsukane Yoneko as Yanoma Fumi ( 58 )
* Kobayashi Katsuya as Nishida Mamoru ( 60 )

raven_frost

Post by raven_frost » Apr 21st, '09, 23:49

Those who love the investigative genre, be sure to check out Rinjo

Uchino Masaaki in his second outing for TV Asahi's Wednesday investigative drama slot carries the same intensity to his role as in Gonzo and Ep1 was pretty riveting

The antagonism and clashes between Kuraishi as forensics examiner and Tachihara as criminal investigator is commonly used in many such dramas but Rinjo manages to pull this off well.

ryoko11

Post by ryoko11 » Apr 22nd, '09, 00:23

I've got this downloaded, and I'll probably be peeking at the raw even before the subs come out. Gonzo was terrific, so this is something I've been looking forward to. Glad to hear the first episode is starting out strong. :wub:

furransu
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by furransu » Apr 23rd, '09, 09:59

ep1 seems pretty good like Gonzo! looking forward to your subs raven_frost :D

raven_frost

Post by raven_frost » Apr 28th, '09, 13:03

It's a bit Gonzo a bit CSI. Engrossing. :D

We've been pretty tied up but Ep1 subs will be out real soon. Thanks for the support.

micehell
Upload Addict
Upload Addict

[Discussion] Rinjo 2

Post by micehell » Apr 11th, '10, 13:38

Since many of you are far more up on things than I am I thought I'd ask this here. Is there some reason that the first episode of Rinjo 2 hasn't shown up yet? I mean besides the sad one that no one's going to share it at all, that is. ;)

The show theoretically began airing on April 7 and 'm hoping that instead of the sad reason already mentioned for it not being around, that there'd been some delay or other with broadcasting and that someone might know and could tell me. So if some kind soul could help me out -- or at least crush my hopes that someone's going to share it eventually *snork* -- I'd appreciate it.

raven_frost

Post by raven_frost » Apr 14th, '10, 00:22

I had my Rinjo fix :mrgreen:

It's likely that no one has found it yet since other dramas that aired the same week are being shared.

I managed to locate an alternative source for that though it's not as sharp and high res as what would usually be available on DA:

First half: http://www.megavideo.com/?v=ZLODPV9N
Second half: http://www.megavideo.com/?v=HA94DQ45
Last edited by raven_frost on Apr 14th, '10, 13:04, edited 1 time in total.

micehell
Upload Addict
Upload Addict

Post by micehell » Apr 14th, '10, 01:42

raven_frost wrote:I had my Rinjo fix :mrgreen:
I managed to located an alternative source for that though it's not as sharp and high res as what would usually be available on DA:
First half: http://www.megavideo.com/?v=ZLODPV9N
Second half: http://www.megavideo.com/?v=HA94DQ45
This is definitely a case of something being better than nothing ;), so much thanks! And, yeah, maybe it just got lost in the rush of spring shows... hopefully that will be corrected with tomorrow's ep. *crosses fingers*

raven_frost

Post by raven_frost » Apr 14th, '10, 13:09

Hopefully it will. It is annoying watching with Megavideo because I supposedly kept exceeding the allocated amount of viewing time permitted.

I'm impatient to watch the continuation to episode 1 since it is a continuing story. One thing I'm glad about in season 2 is that the annoyingly screechy reporter Ai is no longer around. And the return of Uchino Masaaki ... :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

raven_frost

Post by raven_frost » Apr 28th, '10, 15:32

I'm glad for Rinjo's return this season. Despite the staggering number of detective dramas, it seems that none can compare. I haven't watched Zettai Reido, but I don't think I will even try to attempt that.

The suspects in Shinzanmono don't measure up to those in Rinjo, even when they get their screen time.

Romance

Post by Romance » Apr 28th, '10, 16:53

One of the best dramas this season. Superior to Zettai Reido.
What a Quality production!

raven_frost

Post by raven_frost » May 1st, '10, 11:51

Rinjo takes a break this coming week and returns on 12 May.

micehell
Upload Addict
Upload Addict

Post by micehell » May 11th, '10, 23:56

raven_frost wrote:Rinjo takes a break this coming week and returns on 12 May.
Ah, that's why it didn't show up... I had just assumed it got ignored again. ;)

kuma601

Post by kuma601 » May 13th, '10, 19:52

DL'd the first series and was happy to see this...I looked at the fansub map and there doesn't appear to be a group taking this series on for subbing...:(

raven_frost

Post by raven_frost » May 17th, '10, 14:51

It'll probably remained unsubbed till much later. I'm very much looking forward to Ep6. It seems like an interesting case ... and also, Ichinose is out of the team so it's going to be fun watching the new team dynamics.

nnjlv

Post by nnjlv » Aug 16th, '10, 03:47

still no English subs for Rinjo 2 :( i really liked season 1. am trying to watch it without the subs with my very limited japanese but it would be soooo much better with the subs. i don't want to ruin the show by second guessing every now and then :(

Mwulf

Post by Mwulf » Oct 1st, '10, 21:53

nnjlv wrote:still no English subs for Rinjo 2 :( i really liked season 1. am trying to watch it without the subs with my very limited japanese but it would be soooo much better with the subs. i don't want to ruin the show by second guessing every now and then :(
Do we know if anyone is planning to sub it? Seems like it'd be fairly popular, what with the success of the first season and the high viewership in Japan.

vereille

Post by vereille » Mar 6th, '11, 10:29

Mwulf wrote:
nnjlv wrote:still no English subs for Rinjo 2 :( i really liked season 1. am trying to watch it without the subs with my very limited japanese but it would be soooo much better with the subs. i don't want to ruin the show by second guessing every now and then :(
Do we know if anyone is planning to sub it? Seems like it'd be fairly popular, what with the success of the first season and the high viewership in Japan.
Still no one? :cry:

ashraf_ns9

Post by ashraf_ns9 » Mar 6th, '11, 10:38

also waiting 4 rinjo 2 sub

White Reflection

Post by White Reflection » Apr 22nd, '11, 16:47

ashraf_ns9 wrote:also waiting 4 rinjo 2 sub
Me too ><

ZeroJanvier

Post by ZeroJanvier » Jun 22nd, '12, 18:17

Waiting for rinjo 2 subs too!

piboi

Post by piboi » Jun 23rd, '12, 23:22

Have been patiently waiting for Season 2 English subs as well.

Enjoyed Rinjo season 1 and Gonzo very much.