[Discussion] BOSS (All Seasons)

Discuss Japanese drama series here.
raven_frost
Posts: 423
Joined: Oct 5th, '04, 14:45

Post by raven_frost » May 10th, '09, 15:03

Geez, I wonder if Yamada Takayuki regrets his cameo in Ep4 and the upcoming Ep5 granted that Ep4 hasn't been as disastrous as Ep2 but all the episodes so far clearly show that the writer and probably the producer are far off from their element.

Please Buy From Amazon By Clicking Below To Help D-Addicts Forum:
ZoddGuts
Posts: 116
Joined: Apr 12th, '07, 23:59

Post by ZoddGuts » May 11th, '09, 02:47

It's probably been mention but just incase, this show is being shown in channel 18 in Los Angeles at 7:30 P.M. Sundays.

User avatar
doramayuki
Posts: 8
Joined: Oct 6th, '08, 23:45

Post by doramayuki » May 11th, '09, 11:55

i'm looking forward for takenouchi's screen time.....
Image

User avatar
zettaiKaren
Posts: 70
Joined: Feb 21st, '09, 02:33

Post by zettaiKaren » May 13th, '09, 00:18

raven_frost wrote:Geez, I wonder if Yamada Takayuki regrets his cameo in Ep4 and the upcoming Ep5 granted that Ep4 hasn't been as disastrous as Ep2 but all the episodes so far clearly show that the writer and probably the producer are far off from their element.
I thought ep. 4 was just as disastrous. Note to director: if you decide to use a cliffhanger, don't ruin it in the preview for the next episode. Takenouchi has had an incredibly small amount of screen time thru 4 episodes; I wonder if he owed someone in Fuji TV a huge favour or is just looking forward to cash in a huge paycheck (relative to the number of hours he'll be putting in). I should have given up on the show after ep. 3, but strangely I'm still watching. It's like rubber necking at a huge train wreck; you know you should really move on but just can't keep your eyes away. I wonder if that's the reason it's still getting huge ratings in Japan (I seem to be doing a lot of wondering about this show; hmmm...).

Jhobbit
Posts: 30
Joined: Apr 26th, '09, 07:02
Location: Canada

Post by Jhobbit » May 17th, '09, 04:48

The synopsis sounds interesting. I'm going to watch this one. Thanks for starting this thread

paradox
Posts: 24
Joined: Apr 18th, '09, 13:57

Post by paradox » May 21st, '09, 12:46

does this suck? lol

and are the subs out? o_o

londonsoul
Posts: 140
Joined: Sep 8th, '05, 18:04
Location: earth

Post by londonsoul » May 22nd, '09, 03:03

Yutaka :wub: is the only reason i'll still watching.

Peggy
Posts: 1660
Joined: Mar 18th, '04, 04:18
Location: USA

Post by Peggy » May 22nd, '09, 03:57

Just allr right so far... but


NOT ENOUGH YUTAKA TAKENOUCHI...........!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


Peg

User avatar
Gokudera
Posts: 8
Joined: Apr 28th, '09, 21:38

Post by Gokudera » May 27th, '09, 19:24

The show's getting ridiculous honestly :x
also is it me or they're using Heroes Soundtrack? it just doesn't fit.

User avatar
ahdee
Posts: 2
Joined: Dec 17th, '05, 16:41
Location: Singapore

Post by ahdee » May 28th, '09, 00:19

are the torrent files for this drama hard subbed? if it isn't where can i get the subs for it?

User avatar
totemokakkoii
Posts: 199
Joined: Jan 13th, '08, 15:32

Post by totemokakkoii » May 28th, '09, 15:28

haha.. yeah.. the show is getting ridiculous, i agree. but i cant stop watching, there are just too many people whom i like among the cast. anyway, i pretty enjoy the humor which was inserted during the drama. as in for the cases, i already given up hope on that since episode 2.

raven_frost
Posts: 423
Joined: Oct 5th, '04, 14:45

Post by raven_frost » May 31st, '09, 02:51

The only good thing is its consistency in being ridiculous and full of gaping plot holes.

londonsoul
Posts: 140
Joined: Sep 8th, '05, 18:04
Location: earth

Post by londonsoul » May 31st, '09, 04:07

are the rating still high?
I'm with Peggy "NOT ENOUGH YUTAKA TAKENOUCHI"

garnet07
Posts: 534
Joined: May 4th, '04, 04:18
Location: Cali, USA
Contact:

Post by garnet07 » Jun 7th, '09, 09:09

Enjoyed watching episode 1. While my rating is Mr. Brain > Boss for this season's dramas, I still love the cast. Hmm for some reason, it's like Kimura Takuya is always fighting out Takenouchi Yutaka for ratings. This sort of happened with Tomorrow vs. Change. They're both awesome actors, but after Beach Boys and Long Vacation, I haven't watched much of Yutaka's dramas. Didn't really like the premise of Tomorrow (not a fan of medical dramas) either. Do you guys have favorites from him?

This will be my 3rd drama from Amami Yuki (seen Queen's Classroom and Around 40) and she's so good in her role as the BOSS. Exudes confidence but with her own sense of humor that grabs the audience tightly. Mizobata Junpei is playing a quirky guy here ... so different from his role in Akai Ito.

Oh and true, Erika Toda in the poster is so misleading because her character is so unattached to people, couldn't care less about fashion and lazy.

Still can't wait for next episodes.
Image
Waiting:
J: WatashiGaRenaiDekinaiRiyuu, HimitsuErika, NankyokuTairiku, KaseifuNoMita, NazotokiDinner
K: TreeWithDeepRoots, FlowerShop, Me2Flower
C: InTimeWithYou

User avatar
Issy
Posts: 2893
Joined: Apr 16th, '06, 14:10
Location: London

Post by Issy » Jun 7th, '09, 23:31

just finished watching ep 1 too. as for me, i liked better than Mr Brain. i thought this one was more cleverly done without spending overtop budget. i am not keeping my hopes high for this drama to be great because saw an ep few weeks ago and i was kind of disappointed.

i am watching this drama because of yutaka, tamayama and amami because have been following most of their dramas. but it seems that Yutaka's appearance will get less and less in future eps (and in that particular eps that i saw, he was hardly there).

i always loved Yuki Amami's acting. it seems that she is one of few japanese actresses that really can portrait a strong woman and she really looks natural doing so.

i already have my favourite to follow in this drama and he is Tamayama's character, Katagiri. i thought i would be more into Yutaka's character (being a long time fan of him) but katagiri seems a bit of mysterious and quiet kind of guy. not to mention a very hondsome one too. :P
Image

User avatar
mikomiko123
Posts: 120
Joined: Jul 17th, '07, 18:32
Contact:

Post by mikomiko123 » Jun 8th, '09, 16:07

Ive been really hyped up about this! I love Amami Yuki-san!
:P :P Nyaaaaaaaaaan! :P :P

calimerina
Posts: 137
Joined: Jan 13th, '09, 23:45

Post by calimerina » Jun 8th, '09, 20:03

I've watched only the first episode and I agree, Katagiri is the most interesting character (I guess we will discover something of his past and I love when personal details of cops are involved in police series).
Something I noticed... Some things in this dorama are totally copied from Criminal Minds. Probably they copied also other US shows, and the Boss has been in America so it's obvious she will use some of their methods (copied from tv shows) even though she said she hasn't learnt much there. In the press conference they mention "profiling" as one of the abilities of the new team, but it's not the only thing connected with Criminal Minds in the first episode.
When she put the watch 20 minutes ahead and makes the guy believe that the bomb is already exploded, so he reveals something about his plans: the same thing happened in an episode of CM with a terrorist.
When she talks to the chief "profiling" him and showing him how much she's smart: the same scene was in an episode of CM, only the gender of the characters was reversed (the chief of the profiling team is male and his superior was female).
Also the fact that Katagiri is gun-shy: something similar happened in CM, one of the characters had problems taking the gun licence.
I must say this show is interesting and it deserves the high ratings it has. It has some good points it can develop, I hope I won't be disappointed.

User avatar
zettaiKaren
Posts: 70
Joined: Feb 21st, '09, 02:33

Post by zettaiKaren » Jun 15th, '09, 09:53

I normally don't like pissing on a drama more than once especially in its own thread, and these days I'm only watching this show if there's an interesting guest appearance such as in ep. 08. I've already given up on the characters having any common sense or the ability to think logically (checking your brain at the door is a must before watching this drama), but if ep. 08 is any indication, then the Japanese are still far behind their western counterparts (or those in Hong Kong) in their ability to set up and shoot a good action set piece. With a big budget you'd think that they can at least afford to hire a firearms expert to teach the actors/actresses how to hold a gun properly under various conditions, and how to react properly to sniper fire, etc.. Even an 11 year old Hong Kong movie "Option Zero" has much more exciting (and accurately portrayed) gun fights (under similar circumstances towards the end).
How a MPD detective can avoid being killed by a 7.62mm armor piercing round (coming from what looks like a HK PSG-1 sniper rifle or its variants) because of his badge is completely beyond me. Of course, after shooting a few people in the beginning with all the alleged accuracy of a former Olympics participant, the sniper can't even hit a barn door at the end when it really matters.
I guess when I complained about police procedures being thrown out the window in a previous post, I should include the proper use of firearms and staging of gun fights as well.

wang_noi
Posts: 141
Joined: Jun 15th, '09, 18:34

Post by wang_noi » Jun 15th, '09, 19:09

I'm not in Japan... How I can find this series to watch ?
I hope there will be English subbed.

Anyone please answer me...
Really want to watch....
I fell in love with Amami Yuki ... and really want to watch her performance...

Thanks for answering

wmcnair370
Posts: 394
Joined: Mar 17th, '09, 00:52
Location: Chicago

Post by wmcnair370 » Jun 15th, '09, 20:10

Do a search on the tracker, as the first two episodes are out in English sub.

wang_noi
Posts: 141
Joined: Jun 15th, '09, 18:34

Post by wang_noi » Jun 16th, '09, 17:40

wmcnair370 wrote:Do a search on the tracker, as the first two episodes are out in English sub.
so sorry ... I'm a new user... What is tracker?
Please give me links ...^__^''

Thanks a lot

User avatar
lollercopter
Posts: 215
Joined: Sep 13th, '08, 08:33

Post by lollercopter » Jun 18th, '09, 01:28

zettaiKaren wrote:I normally don't like pissing on a drama more than once especially in its own thread, and these days I'm only watching this show if there's an interesting guest appearance such as in ep. 08. I've already given up on the characters having any common sense or the ability to think logically (checking your brain at the door is a must before watching this drama), but if ep. 08 is any indication, then the Japanese are still far behind their western counterparts (or those in Hong Kong) in their ability to set up and shoot a good action set piece. With a big budget you'd think that they can at least afford to hire a firearms expert to teach the actors/actresses how to hold a gun properly under various conditions, and how to react properly to sniper fire, etc.. Even an 11 year old Hong Kong movie "Option Zero" has much more exciting (and accurately portrayed) gun fights (under similar circumstances towards the end).
How a MPD detective can avoid being killed by a 7.62mm armor piercing round (coming from what looks like a HK PSG-1 sniper rifle or its variants) because of his badge is completely beyond me. Of course, after shooting a few people in the beginning with all the alleged accuracy of a former Olympics participant, the sniper can't even hit a barn door at the end when it really matters.
I guess when I complained about police procedures being thrown out the window in a previous post, I should include the proper use of firearms and staging of gun fights as well.
I just watched the first episode, and it was rather hilarious how you can apparently stand right in front of a large explosion and not receive even a single scratch. The guy who blew up was remarkably intact too (completely intact, actually), whereas in reality he would have been in pieces all over the area. The detectives standing in front of him would have been killed or critically injured. The fact that the detectives found the guy by just happening to be there at the right time is a sign of lazy writing, and pretty improbable in a city as gigantic as Tokyo.

Someone also needs to tell the writers that it's impossible to "enhance" a pixelated image.

The characters are all cliched stereotypes.

wang_noi
Posts: 141
Joined: Jun 15th, '09, 18:34

Post by wang_noi » Jun 18th, '09, 03:41

lollercopter wrote:
zettaiKaren wrote:I normally don't like pissing on a drama more than once especially in its own thread, and these days I'm only watching this show if there's an interesting guest appearance such as in ep. 08. I've already given up on the characters having any common sense or the ability to think logically (checking your brain at the door is a must before watching this drama), but if ep. 08 is any indication, then the Japanese are still far behind their western counterparts (or those in Hong Kong) in their ability to set up and shoot a good action set piece. With a big budget you'd think that they can at least afford to hire a firearms expert to teach the actors/actresses how to hold a gun properly under various conditions, and how to react properly to sniper fire, etc.. Even an 11 year old Hong Kong movie "Option Zero" has much more exciting (and accurately portrayed) gun fights (under similar circumstances towards the end).
How a MPD detective can avoid being killed by a 7.62mm armor piercing round (coming from what looks like a HK PSG-1 sniper rifle or its variants) because of his badge is completely beyond me. Of course, after shooting a few people in the beginning with all the alleged accuracy of a former Olympics participant, the sniper can't even hit a barn door at the end when it really matters.
I guess when I complained about police procedures being thrown out the window in a previous post, I should include the proper use of firearms and staging of gun fights as well.
I just watched the first episode, and it was rather hilarious how you can apparently stand right in front of a large explosion and not receive even a single scratch. The guy who blew up was remarkably intact too (completely intact, actually), whereas in reality he would have been in pieces all over the area. The detectives standing in front of him would have been killed or critically injured. The fact that the detectives found the guy by just happening to be there at the right time is a sign of lazy writing, and pretty improbable in a city as gigantic as Tokyo.

Someone also needs to tell the writers that it's impossible to "enhance" a pixelated image.

The characters are all cliched stereotypes.
Agree with you that the scene is over reality, and the characters are almost the same... ^_^'' Anyway, It's fun and interesting. I really want to watch another episode

User avatar
Issy
Posts: 2893
Joined: Apr 16th, '06, 14:10
Location: London

Post by Issy » Jun 18th, '09, 13:33

Someone also needs to tell the writers that it's impossible to "enhance" a pixelated image.
It seems that in Japan they found a way to do this because this keep happeing in every detective/mystery/police dramas. Mr Brain is another example when i want to shout at them everytime they found out the identity of that person by zomming in a very pixelated image. :blink
Image

User avatar
zettaiKaren
Posts: 70
Joined: Feb 21st, '09, 02:33

Post by zettaiKaren » Jun 20th, '09, 14:34

ep 10.
It may finally explain why Takenouchi agreed to take on such an insignificant role in previous episodes. Lot's of references to other dramas and movies 'The infernal affairs'/''The departed' as well.
IMO more plot twists and drama than almost all of the previous episodes combined. I just hope they don't screw up the finale, which will feature actors/actress who played 3 of the greatest teacher personalities in the history of Japanese drama.

User avatar
Issy
Posts: 2893
Joined: Apr 16th, '06, 14:10
Location: London

Post by Issy » Jun 20th, '09, 15:16

zettaiKaren wrote:ep 10.
It may finally explain why Takenouchi agreed to take on such an insignificant role in previous episodes. Lot's of references to other dramas and 'The infernal affairs'/''The departed' as well.
IMO More plot twists and drama than almost all of the previous episodes combined. I just hope they don't screw up the finale, which will feature actors/actress who played 3 of the greatest teacher personalities in Japanese drama's history.
i was shocked to see the last few seconds of ep 10
so Tekenochi's character was the big BOSS of all? :O
I should have guest it during the bomb went off in the theatre and he looked at Takeshi
Image

User avatar
zettaiKaren
Posts: 70
Joined: Feb 21st, '09, 02:33

Post by zettaiKaren » Jun 21st, '09, 01:46

zettaiKaren wrote:...IMO more plot twists and drama than almost all of the previous episodes combined...
Correction - I was referring to all the previous episodes written solely by the same writer, Hayashi Hiroshi. Ep. 6 (which he co-wrote), 7, & 9 (written by another writer) are actually quite decent and also relatively free of major plot holes. This is so far the best script he's ever written for this drama; but I think he might have gone too far and and painted himself into a corner. Let's see how well he can properly/logically wrap up all the threads in the finale :pray:

BTW, I noticed that this is the first Japanese drama in quite a while that used a lot of music from some prominent western TV series/movies for major scenes w/o apparent reasons (like in ep. 08 where they used music from the TV series 'Prison Break', the movie 'Tranformers', and some others). Not that they're not good choices, but I was often briefly distracted by thinking about scenes in those TV series/movies instead of concentrating on what's happening. It's not like they don't have an original score to use :blink

User avatar
totemokakkoii
Posts: 199
Joined: Jan 13th, '08, 15:32

Post by totemokakkoii » Jun 21st, '09, 14:20

yeah!!! finally my "infernal affair"/"the departed" scene came true.. haha.. i think japanese drama should just make one infernal-affair-the-drama version.. prolly featuring amami, takenouchi, takeshi, etc.. it would be so cool..
anw, i hope the drama ends on a nice note..

also, does anyone finds the first 20mins of episode 10 kinda.. lame? it was funny.. i did LOL.. but.. i was lame.. haha

wang_noi
Posts: 141
Joined: Jun 15th, '09, 18:34

Post by wang_noi » Jun 21st, '09, 16:49

totemokakkoii wrote:yeah!!! finally my "infernal affair"/"the departed" scene came true.. haha.. i think japanese drama should just make one infernal-affair-the-drama version.. prolly featuring amami, takenouchi, takeshi, etc.. it would be so cool..
anw, i hope the drama ends on a nice note..

also, does anyone finds the first 20mins of episode 10 kinda.. lame? it was funny.. i did LOL.. but.. i was lame.. haha
I don't understand Japanese -___-''
Can you tell me a story?

User avatar
Kae
Posts: 69
Joined: Feb 13th, '04, 11:51
Location: Philippines
Contact:

Post by Kae » Jun 26th, '09, 14:40

What is the title of the song that they play during those boxed investigation procedure scenes? I started to notice it from episode 2 to 4.
Recently watched/Currently watching: JIN 2, BOSS 2, Can You Hear My Heart :wub:

kaheiyeh
Posts: 36
Joined: Jun 1st, '08, 07:08
Location: Sydney

Post by kaheiyeh » Jun 26th, '09, 22:35

wang_noi wrote:
wmcnair370 wrote:Do a search on the tracker, as the first two episodes are out in English sub.
so sorry ... I'm a new user... What is tracker?
Please give me links ...^__^''

Thanks a lot
You need to do some searching yourself; don't always completely rely on others to find all the info for you. A simple Google search for "tracker" answers all your questions.

1. Get a torrent program, such as Vuze or uTorrent (Google whichever one you want to get it)
2. Download the torrent file from the torrents page (There's tons here and I'm sure you can find what you want with the Search feature.)
3. Open the torrent with the program.
4. Start the download and wait until it finishes.
5. Watch the drama.

Anyway, back on track.
I hate how the cliffhanger at the end of Episode 4 is screwed up by the preview of the next episode :glare: And that cliffhanger had a lot of suspense as well, at least for me.

wang_noi
Posts: 141
Joined: Jun 15th, '09, 18:34

Post by wang_noi » Jun 28th, '09, 05:52

kaheiyeh wrote:
wang_noi wrote:
wmcnair370 wrote:Do a search on the tracker, as the first two episodes are out in English sub.
so sorry ... I'm a new user... What is tracker?
Please give me links ...^__^''

Thanks a lot
You need to do some searching yourself; don't always completely rely on others to find all the info for you. A simple Google search for "tracker" answers all your questions.

1. Get a torrent program, such as Vuze or uTorrent (Google whichever one you want to get it)
2. Download the torrent file from the torrents page (There's tons here and I'm sure you can find what you want with the Search feature.)
3. Open the torrent with the program.
4. Start the download and wait until it finishes.
5. Watch the drama.

Anyway, back on track.
I hate how the cliffhanger at the end of Episode 4 is screwed up by the preview of the next episode :glare: And that cliffhanger had a lot of suspense as well, at least for me.
thanks for answering...
I already downloaded some of her stuffs which are still be seeding...

raven_frost
Posts: 423
Joined: Oct 5th, '04, 14:45

Post by raven_frost » Jun 28th, '09, 13:01

Eriko references Mamiya Takako, her character from Rikon Bengoshi in the finale :D

wang_noi
Posts: 141
Joined: Jun 15th, '09, 18:34

Post by wang_noi » Jun 28th, '09, 15:07

raven_frost wrote:Eriko references Mamiya Takako, her character from Rikon Bengoshi in the finale :D
I haven't watched Rikon Bengoshi and now there is no one seeding T__T

User avatar
totemokakkoii
Posts: 199
Joined: Jan 13th, '08, 15:32

Post by totemokakkoii » Jun 28th, '09, 15:32

raven_frost wrote:Eriko references Mamiya Takako, her character from Rikon Bengoshi in the finale :D
haha.. yeah.. that's was quite funny...
i hope there is Boss2.. though i admit the show is kinda lame, but i love the chemistry between the cast, especially takenouchi and amami.
the rest of the cast were wonderful too.

wang_noi
Posts: 141
Joined: Jun 15th, '09, 18:34

Post by wang_noi » Jun 28th, '09, 15:52

totemokakkoii wrote:
raven_frost wrote:Eriko references Mamiya Takako, her character from Rikon Bengoshi in the finale :D
haha.. yeah.. that's was quite funny...
i hope there is Boss2.. though i admit the show is kinda lame, but i love the chemistry between the cast, especially takenouchi and amami.
the rest of the cast were wonderful too.
I hope there is Boss season2 too ^__^
I still want to know what is the relationship between Eriko and Nodate.
Hope to continue watching

User avatar
totemokakkoii
Posts: 199
Joined: Jan 13th, '08, 15:32

Post by totemokakkoii » Jun 28th, '09, 15:58

wang_noi wrote:
I hope there is Boss season2 too ^__^
I still want to know what is the relationship between Eriko and Nodate.
Hope to continue watching

me too.. i remembered the beginning scene in episode 1...
with eriko and nodate in the same bedroom
i mean, what was their relationship? ha..

and if there is season 2, i hope more attention will also be placed on the remaining characters... maybe they can give katagiri a elevator girl.. haha

wang_noi
Posts: 141
Joined: Jun 15th, '09, 18:34

Post by wang_noi » Jun 28th, '09, 16:26

totemokakkoii wrote:
wang_noi wrote:
I hope there is Boss season2 too ^__^
I still want to know what is the relationship between Eriko and Nodate.
Hope to continue watching

me too.. i remembered the beginning scene in episode 1...
with eriko and nodate in the same bedroom
i mean, what was their relationship? ha..

and if there is season 2, i hope more attention will also be placed on the remaining characters... maybe they can give katagiri a elevator girl.. haha
55+
You make me feel better that it's not only me think about their relationship >__<
But if their relationship is "in the same bedroom", what'is about "Hiroshi"? :blink

Anyway .... hope to see season 2 as soon as possible ^__^

PS... I saw in Wiki that Amami will have another series, Fumo Chitai. Is it true?
And how important is Amami acts in?

User avatar
kiddygrade
Posts: 413
Joined: Apr 5th, '05, 14:22

Post by kiddygrade » Jun 30th, '09, 08:11

Did someone else notice that in the "abandoned hospital scene" in Boss Ep 4, they used a piece of music from the recent "Star Trek" movie (namely: "Nero Sighted", track #6 on the CD) ? I wonder whether the composer was correctly credited ! And I also wonder why they didin't ask Sawano to compose something that fitted, it's his trend after all!

Blah Blah san
Posts: 8
Joined: Nov 19th, '08, 00:12
Location: Italy

Post by Blah Blah san » Jul 1st, '09, 12:54

I haven't watched Rikon Bengoshi and now there is no one seeding T__T
Hello, if you are intersted someone is seeding Rikon Bengoshi 2.
Torrents sometimes are slow if there aren't many seeders, so you need a little patience, but it's worth it :-)

wang_noi
Posts: 141
Joined: Jun 15th, '09, 18:34

Post by wang_noi » Jul 3rd, '09, 15:46

Blah Blah san wrote:
I haven't watched Rikon Bengoshi and now there is no one seeding T__T
Hello, if you are intersted someone is seeding Rikon Bengoshi 2.
Torrents sometimes are slow if there aren't many seeders, so you need a little patience, but it's worth it :-)
I'm doing downloading >__< It's really worth
Anyway, I hope that there will be subbed T__T
I don't understand the exact story, I did guess, just guess T__T
Someone please sub it ..... :cry:

Blah Blah san
Posts: 8
Joined: Nov 19th, '08, 00:12
Location: Italy

Post by Blah Blah san » Jul 6th, '09, 23:56

wang_noi wrote: I'm doing downloading >__< It's really worth
Anyway, I hope that there will be subbed T__T
I don't understand the exact story, I did guess, just guess T__T
Someone please sub it ..... :cry:
I couldn't find any subtitle regarding Rikon Bengoshi 2, too bad. :unsure:

wang_noi
Posts: 141
Joined: Jun 15th, '09, 18:34

Post by wang_noi » Jul 7th, '09, 02:51

Blah Blah san wrote:
wang_noi wrote: I'm doing downloading >__< It's really worth
Anyway, I hope that there will be subbed T__T
I don't understand the exact story, I did guess, just guess T__T
Someone please sub it ..... :cry:
I couldn't find any subtitle regarding Rikon Bengoshi 2, too bad. :unsure:
It's really pity... -__-''
Anyway, I will watch without sub and try to understand 55+

ssih
Posts: 232
Joined: Sep 6th, '08, 18:34
Location: Boston

Post by ssih » Jul 7th, '09, 10:42

kiddygrade wrote:Did someone else notice that in the "abandoned hospital scene" in Boss Ep 4, they used a piece of music from the recent "Star Trek" movie (namely: "Nero Sighted", track #6 on the CD) ? I wonder whether the composer was correctly credited ! And I also wonder why they didin't ask Sawano to compose something that fitted, it's his trend after all!
I didn't notice that, but I DID hear the theme song to the old (and great) sitcom "SOAP" at the beginning of the play that they performed for the children.

echocustomz
Posts: 13
Joined: Jul 7th, '09, 04:46

Post by echocustomz » Jul 8th, '09, 01:29

got words that timelessub will stop subbin the rest of this drama...probably jus concentratin on catchin up on other new dramas...

arakira
Fansubber
Fansubber
Posts: 1246
Joined: Feb 28th, '09, 15:13

Post by arakira » Jul 8th, '09, 15:09

Well i wonder where you got that information? If you checked their forum they didn't say anything about that and there are status reports for all the episodes. Guess u'll just need to have some patience

User avatar
TimeLesSub
Fansubber
Fansubber
Posts: 11
Joined: Jan 30th, '09, 02:23
Contact:

Post by TimeLesSub » Jul 8th, '09, 15:18

echocustomz wrote:got words that timelessub will stop subbin the rest of this drama...probably jus concentratin on catchin up on other new dramas...
Eh? Really? I'm dropping this project? Since when? Can you tell me when and where did I mention tht I'm going or had dropped this project? Please please please tell me. Coz I honestly DIDNT KNOW tht I actually dropped this project. If I really did drop it and I forget tht I actually did drop it, it must be my AMNESIA again. *Goes off to take her amnesia pill*

User avatar
citrone
Posts: 230
Joined: Jan 22nd, '09, 13:14

Post by citrone » Jul 8th, '09, 16:00

TimeLesSub wrote:
echocustomz wrote:got words that timelessub will stop subbin the rest of this drama...probably jus concentratin on catchin up on other new dramas...
Eh? Really? I'm dropping this project? Since when? Can you tell me when and where did I mention tht I'm going or had dropped this project? Please please please tell me. Coz I honestly DIDNT KNOW tht I actually dropped this project. If I really did drop it and I forget tht I actually did drop it, it must be my AMNESIA again. *Goes off to take her amnesia pill*
Oh my god... those rumors... Timelessub would never do such a thing. We know and appreciate your efforts.... Sorry you are troubled with hardware at the moment....
:cheers: :cheers: :cheers: 4U

echocustomz
Posts: 13
Joined: Jul 7th, '09, 04:46

Post by echocustomz » Jul 8th, '09, 17:53

TimeLesSub wrote:
echocustomz wrote:got words that timelessub will stop subbin the rest of this drama...probably jus concentratin on catchin up on other new dramas...
Eh? Really? I'm dropping this project? Since when? Can you tell me when and where did I mention tht I'm going or had dropped this project? Please please please tell me. Coz I honestly DIDNT KNOW tht I actually dropped this project. If I really did drop it and I forget tht I actually did drop it, it must be my AMNESIA again. *Goes off to take her amnesia pill*
was it u who post a message on the timelessub forum that u were gona give up on this drama? BTW, u guyz also work on Mr. Brain...i wonder y when someone else has also work on it

User avatar
TimeLesSub
Fansubber
Fansubber
Posts: 11
Joined: Jan 30th, '09, 02:23
Contact:

Post by TimeLesSub » Jul 8th, '09, 18:11

Where would this post be I wonder?

Btw, we sub MB according to DA rules. We didnt step on anyone's foot, do we? We sub the drama tht we are interested in. Beside for MB, we release hardsubs not softsubs. No rule's broken.

echocustomz
Posts: 13
Joined: Jul 7th, '09, 04:46

Post by echocustomz » Jul 8th, '09, 20:45

TimeLesSub wrote:Where would this post be I wonder?

Btw, we sub MB according to DA rules. We didnt step on anyone's foot, do we? We sub the drama tht we are interested in. Beside for MB, we release hardsubs not softsubs. No rule's broken.
no argument with that...do as u please

echocustomz
Posts: 13
Joined: Jul 7th, '09, 04:46

Post by echocustomz » Jul 11th, '09, 19:19

here is something ta entertain u guyz while we r waitin for the subs

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KIaq1XQ5hD8

User avatar
hiroshi
Posts: 30
Joined: May 26th, '04, 01:53
Location: Montreal, Canada

Episode 6

Post by hiroshi » Jul 19th, '09, 03:32

Just finished watching the subbed version of Ep 6. Did anyone notice the music played during a couple of points that sure sounded like something from "Heroes" (U.S. series)? Another small detail. They don't use those kinds of polygraph machines anymore ... it's all recorded on a laptop computer and not on chart paper. That was just done for dramatic purposes.

Otherwise, a very entertaining series. I like it!! Thanks to TimeLesSubs for your great work!! :salut:

User avatar
kiddygrade
Posts: 413
Joined: Apr 5th, '05, 14:22

Re: Episode 6

Post by kiddygrade » Jul 19th, '09, 18:47

hiroshi wrote:Just finished watching the subbed version of Ep 6. Did anyone notice the music played during a couple of points that sure sounded like something from "Heroes" (U.S. series)?
Surely, they use a lot of music that is "taken" here and there, songs and BGM alike. And the "original" music (composed by the trio Hiroyuki Sawano-Yuki Hayashi-Akifumi Tada) is sometimes over-the-top and/or misused, which is a pity since it's quite good, on the whole. That's the first time I see a Japanese drama where music from "alien" sources is used. Normally, every bit of music is written by domestic composers, and if known songs are used (such as in Love Shuffle) it is often for dramatic purposes. So I feel quite astonished… But I like this series, the cast is tremendous and the plot interesting :)

Necha
Posts: 1
Joined: Aug 31st, '06, 11:02

Post by Necha » Aug 2nd, '09, 16:35

I really really love ep 6.
It's very nice to see the details, such as Yuki's situation (broken home) which results in her personality and eventually makes her kill the teacher (because she doesn't get the love from her family, and when she experiences one, losing it becomes extremely painful for her) . If she is from a good family, it will be very unlikely for her to lose her composure and do such thing. It also can make the audience think low of her. But because of her situation, our sympathy is drawn.

And I love Shida Mirai's acting in this episode. I really love the detail, such as when she keeps calm when Eriko states that she is in love with the teacher, but her pupils enlarge when Eriko knows that the teacher and her went on a date to the place in the picture. Or the other examples, maybe Yuki's habit (she keeps rubbing her hand to her skirt when she is interrogated at the end) or when the evidences are shown, the music changes, as in telling us that there's no other way to run and it's over now.
Though small, but these details are very interesting, and that's why I love japanese doramas.[/spoiler]

chronoserge456
Posts: 2
Joined: Apr 7th, '08, 03:31

Post by chronoserge456 » Aug 6th, '09, 08:14

Does anyone know what song is used in episode 3 starting at 13:39? Such a catchy song and I can't find anything on it.

kaheiyeh
Posts: 36
Joined: Jun 1st, '08, 07:08
Location: Sydney

Post by kaheiyeh » Aug 9th, '09, 07:06

Wow! That last episode totally caught me off guard!
Definitely wasn't prepared for that twist right at the end!
Although it does seem crazy how they could intermingle a real case with a made up one together at the same time.

I'm thinking there will be a SP for this series? Seeing as the there are hints to another case!

User avatar
Sakuya
Posts: 188
Joined: Sep 25th, '05, 21:14
Location: Hawaii
Contact:

Post by Sakuya » Aug 9th, '09, 09:26

Just watched the last 2 episodes back-to-back. It was so entertaining and caught me off guard too! I'm hoping for a special! Was this series by the same staff as Rikon Bengoshi since they have the cameo at the end...? In that case, here's to hoping for a second season. :whistling:
Image

User avatar
Issy
Posts: 2893
Joined: Apr 16th, '06, 14:10
Location: London

Post by Issy » Aug 9th, '09, 23:52

wow, the last 2 eps were just great. took me by complete suprise.
through out the drama i was rooting for nodate x eriko and by last ten minutes i thought there is no way.
i have to say i really suspected Yada from the time Eriko called everyone for a meeting in that small room. but i also thought that nodate was a suspect too. never saw that ending coming at all. very clever twist in the story.

overall, i have to say that i enjoyed this drama. although it got better by last 2 eps. i thought 9 previous eps was dragging. they could have included some hints about corruption in every eps coming to last one to make it more interesting. they also could make some people look more suspicious and make viewers guessing whole time.

even though they did not give enough information about nodate so we could not say if he is corrupt or decent, that still was not enough.

looking forward for next series or SP. and i want more story between eriko and nodate.

and I think the person eriko saw in airport, was Takakura (sorimachi's character). after all, he said he will see her again much sooner than she thinks.
Image

wmcnair370
Posts: 394
Joined: Mar 17th, '09, 00:52
Location: Chicago

Post by wmcnair370 » Aug 10th, '09, 00:06

I hope they do not do a special, since I have never seen one that I liked, well maybe Hana Yori Dango comes close, so I am hoping for another season, even if it is a short one.

User avatar
Sakuya
Posts: 188
Joined: Sep 25th, '05, 21:14
Location: Hawaii
Contact:

Post by Sakuya » Aug 10th, '09, 01:33

I thought it was kind of strange Eriko had to leave at the end for no reason. Why did she have to leave? Was the Countermeasures Unit dissolved?
Image

tkah
Posts: 69
Joined: Nov 10th, '08, 16:56
Location: Canada

Post by tkah » Aug 10th, '09, 02:38

awsome drama. One of the best I have seen for awhile. Maybe there will be another season? Lets hope so.... :)

User avatar
emmy21
Posts: 55
Joined: May 15th, '08, 07:44

Post by emmy21 » Aug 10th, '09, 10:49

I too was really hoping for something to happen between Nodate and Eriko. Even at the last scene, was wondering if Nodate would just appear with his suitcase too? Haha.

I need to watch the episodes again, but my impression was that Eriko was going to study more on profiling in the US? I don't think the countermeasures unit was dissolved in the end since the rest still congregated in the same office in the end.
Anyway, I would really like to say a big thanks to timeless for the subs! Even thought I watched it once without the subs, the subs are really helping to fill out the missing bits I didn't understand. Thanks for your hard work. Am enjoying watching this series all over again. :)

User avatar
20centuryboy
Posts: 559
Joined: May 3rd, '05, 15:59
Location: Paris

Post by 20centuryboy » Aug 11th, '09, 20:52

Sakuya wrote:Just watched the last 2 episodes back-to-back. It was so entertaining and caught me off guard too! I'm hoping for a special! Was this series by the same staff as Rikon Bengoshi since they have the cameo at the end...? In that case, here's to hoping for a second season. :whistling:
made me want to watch rikon bengoshi. :P
Nankurunai sa!

User avatar
kiddygrade
Posts: 413
Joined: Apr 5th, '05, 14:22

Post by kiddygrade » Aug 14th, '09, 06:58

I, too, enjoyed this show very much. However, as I said previously, I disapprove of the constant use of US-music such as Michael Giacchino's Star Trek. In the last episode of the series, I am quite convinced that the action music has been somehow "borrowed" to some recent Hollywood movie or TV show. (By the way, if someone recognised the source, please let me know, in this thread or by PM :D)
But still, I hope there will be a second season or at least a SP!

User avatar
Tadanga
Posts: 172
Joined: May 31st, '07, 10:27
Location: Casablanca

Post by Tadanga » Aug 14th, '09, 20:55

kiddygrade : Prison Break !!

User avatar
totemokakkoii
Posts: 199
Joined: Jan 13th, '08, 15:32

Post by totemokakkoii » Aug 15th, '09, 16:46

kiddygrade wrote: But still, I hope there will be a second season or at least a SP!
Yeah!!! me too!! :D
whatever copying of background music, whatever bad and lame plot.. I don't care!
i just love the entire cast. the chemistry and all. I WANT A SEASON 2!!!!!
SP is not enough for me. :P
fujitv, heard it??? i want season two, with all the cast back!

User avatar
kiddygrade
Posts: 413
Joined: Apr 5th, '05, 14:22

Post by kiddygrade » Aug 15th, '09, 19:33

Tadanga wrote:kiddygrade : Prison Break !!
Really? Thanks for the answer :) Actually, I don't watch PB at all, so I was at a loss to recognize the score. But I shall listen to it asap!

neal00
Posts: 172
Joined: Aug 21st, '09, 06:15
Location: Southern California

Post by neal00 » Aug 21st, '09, 06:21

Il love ep 6 where they reunited Amami Yuki and Shida Mirai from The Queen's Classroom. Shida Mirai is such a good actress. They have a great adversarial chemistry.

Katakura_Satsuki
Posts: 1
Joined: Aug 21st, '09, 18:40

Post by Katakura_Satsuki » Aug 21st, '09, 18:49

I thought most of their cases were pretty intriguing, but I thought the biggest turn off was the special effects because they seemed too unrealistic or maybe that was the intention. Regardless, I really enjoyed the drama with its comedic dialogue and somewhat interesting cases and I really hope they come out with a 2nd season.

lunas
Posts: 324
Joined: Jun 2nd, '04, 15:31

Post by lunas » Aug 22nd, '09, 02:58

Finished this series recently and thoroughly enjoyed it, mainly for the casts and for a few storyline. Anyway the music in this series was just plain weird, and in some episodes it was very distracting. :crazy:

User avatar
kiddygrade
Posts: 413
Joined: Apr 5th, '05, 14:22

Post by kiddygrade » Aug 22nd, '09, 10:06

lunas wrote:The music in this series was just plain weird, and in some episodes it was very distracting. :crazy:
I agree. Nonetheless, the CD is excellent and the three composers involved in the original score (namely : Sawano Hiroyuki, Wada Takeshi and Hayashi Yûki) have a real alchemy. It's a pity that their cues were not properly used in the series. But the series in itself was quite enjoyable, and I simply love Amami Yuki, so I don't complain too much :)

hikkichan
Posts: 194
Joined: Dec 14th, '04, 10:32
Location: &#21152;&#32654;&#24179;

Post by hikkichan » Aug 23rd, '09, 06:20

Finally got around to watching the show.

Fun stuff... like NCIS-lite for Japan. I had fun, even though I had predicted the last 4 episodes exactly (except for Konishi Manami... Once Nukumizu woke up in the apartment, then it was obvious it was her).

I'll jump on the train hoping for another season. It'll definitely be something I'm looking forward to.

I also liked that they used foreign music in the show... I was full of lulz when they played the terminator theme during one of the scenes.

User avatar
danchemistry
Posts: 69
Joined: Apr 15th, '06, 00:20

Post by danchemistry » Aug 24th, '09, 13:29

Can't wait for Season 2.

Jhobbit
Posts: 30
Joined: Apr 26th, '09, 07:02
Location: Canada

Post by Jhobbit » Aug 26th, '09, 02:28

Takenouchi Yutaka surprised me with his performance. This is the first time I've seen him in a role doing light comedy. I thought he was great. I have more respect for him as an actor. He isn't just a pretty face.

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests