[Discussion]Mei-chan no Shitsuji - Hiro Mizushima

Discuss Japanese drama series here.
casey101a

Post by casey101a » Mar 13th, '09, 11:09

there should be a special because there's just 1 more episode and so many things to happen. :-)

jazztonish

Post by jazztonish » Mar 13th, '09, 12:14

wickedvampiregirl wrote:
Issy wrote:
wickedvampiregirl wrote:Hmm... I even watch this drama in my dreams, so damn sad on so many levels lol... Anyway, I thought about it to a point of over thinking it - it's possible really with my brain, I over analyze to an impossible extent
i can't remember last time that any jdrama engaged my brain to this extent that can't stop myself from thinking about characters and storylines...
i am remembering myself saying in one of my 1st posts that all i need is to switch off my brain and enjoy this drama. it turned out to be totally apposite.
It was never possible to just shut off my brain lol. I tried and fail. But, I never really over analyze a drama as much as this. There's just so many I thought about, who's who, what's really happening, will the ended up together. Mostly any dramas - not just Japanese, I could just guess right out even with mountains of cliche. Still, I'm not exactly certain about this particular drama. Way too many loopholes and way too many unanswered questions. I'm just wondering on how are they even going to tie it all together in one last episode. It seemed too impossible. What's going to happen between Mei & Rihito. Will Kento become an S-Ranked butler. Will there be a fast-forward into the future cut-out. And not to mention the minor characters. I'm curious to know what will happen to Izumi, Fujiko , Nezu, etc. I seemed impossible to me, they need at least another episode after 10th to wrapped it together just nicely. Yup, I'm starting to think of more theories now >.<..........
lol. I feel like I'm not the only one here.
This drama made me feel like a college student trying to write an essay and submit it to a professor. I mean... I read everything about it. Start from reading episode reviews from others, everyone's theory (the problems of each episode and suggested solutions) enjoy watching the show repetitively, as well as reading the raw manga which I don't quite get the detail accurately. But I'm just happy doing this. :D

This drama is perfect to me in the way that I can see the main actor, Hiro, is the one I've been admiring. And Nana-chan who also does the great job. I've never been tired with her at all. I'd like to give a big clap to the production team because the drama is always been developed in each episode.

For me, Japanese romantic drama is a must now!

Issy

Post by Issy » Mar 13th, '09, 12:46

jazztonish wrote:This drama made me feel like a college student trying to write an essay and submit it to a professor. I mean... I read everything about it. Start from reading episode reviews from others, everyone's theory (the problems of each episode and suggested solutions) enjoy watching the show repetitively, as well as reading the raw manga which I don't quite get the detail accurately. But I'm just happy doing this.
my feelings exactly :P . i keep thinking am i making too much fuss about one ordinary jdrama and trying to hold myself from writing too much and over analysing every little detaile but i just can't help myself.
i am so glad that i am not the only one here too.
if this was my final university project, i sure would have a great time writing about it. :lol

jazztonish

Post by jazztonish » Mar 13th, '09, 13:06

Right! :D

Our essay and paperwork should be all graded as A (or S?)! LoL

kubikubi

Post by kubikubi » Mar 13th, '09, 13:26

I really love this dorama...and i love hiro ^^ actually i never expected it will be ended only 10 ep it's too short T.T i still want to watch butler ikemen :lol
but i hope they will make The Special Movie Mei chan no shitsuji....it can be happened rite???

wickedvampiregirl

Post by wickedvampiregirl » Mar 13th, '09, 13:26

OMG! I so agree with you Jazztonish & Issy. This drama really have gotten to my head to a serious degree. A very very serious degree. For one I kept thinking about how to bring Rihito & Mei together, the next is how to termi-- heheh... I mean, to teach Shiori a bit of kindness and show her compassion -- eh, who am I kidding, I really wanted to terminate her if I can lol. Too bad I'm not the writer or else... *insert a very evil laugh here*. To be honest, if I have to write a paper on the drama, I would most definitely enjoy it. Maybe I should just write about it in my blog... Hmmm...

Gahh... I'm already anxious for episode 10... But it would be sad to see the end =P

Issy

Post by Issy » Mar 13th, '09, 13:43

to be honest, at first i wanted to see the drama just because Hiro and by time i started loving every character in that story. except shiori and tami.
but till now, i can't help not to be totally in love with rihito and his character.
i started liking kento but no matter how cute and adorable he is, i just don't want to mei to end up with him. there is no other person for mei except rihito.
sub for ep9 is out and i can't watch till tonight. :cry:

wickedvampiregirl

Post by wickedvampiregirl » Mar 13th, '09, 13:53

Issy wrote:to be honest, at first i wanted to see the drama just because Hiro and by time i started loving every character in that story. except shiori and tami.
but till now, i can't help not to be totally in love with rihito and his character.
i started liking kento but no matter how cute and adorable he is, i just don't want to mei to end up with him. there is no other person for mei except rihito.
sub for ep9 is out and i can't watch till tonight. :cry:
Hahah... The same with me. I decided to watch it at first because Hiro is in it. For some reason, I wanted to watch him in more roles and see him show off his talent - which I believe to be very interesting. It does help that he's very good looking too, easy on the eyes hahah... And of course, like you, I slowly begin to love each and every character. Each have their own potential. Like...
Izumi - I wasn't sure if I liked her at first, but she totally grew on me. I saw her more than just a spoiled rich girl, she happens to have a good heart - the only Sole Rank girl that does.
Fujiko & Nezu - are just too cute. No doubt they're perfect for each other.
Kento - of course, I sometimes have a love/hate thing towards him. He's reckless, hotheaded, impatient -- he posses most of the bad qualities and almost the exact opposite of
Rihito - who was calculative, careful, cautious, understanding, and selfless. Yet he's too passive he made me want to strangle him. He doesn't even realize that Mei was in love with him and what meaning the Principal had behind her words.
Mei - in my opinion posses, sometimes not, typical anime/drama lead female. She is kind, not exceptionally smart (mind you, most lead female in Anime are smart), compassionate, patient, reserved yet friendly...
Hmm... I've over-analyzed it again...

Issy

Post by Issy » Mar 13th, '09, 15:33

bearing in mind that i still have not seen ep9 with subs
i am still confused over the reason that rihito slaped mei. as i understood it was something to do with mei giving up on everything and he wanted to bring her to her senses.
i was so shocked and glad that he did that and for once he was not even suprised with himselves or regret doing so. he is getting more confidence when it comes to his love with mei and taking more actions. i am just loving the new and changed rihito.he does not make me frustrated with his silence anymore. he is speaking his mind loud and not afraid to do so. i could not believe that it was the same rihito when he told shiori, that his heart belongs to mei only.
i guess it is time for mei to defend her love for rihito. rihito done what he had to do.

wickedvampiregirl

Post by wickedvampiregirl » Mar 13th, '09, 16:01

Issy wrote:bearing in mind that i still have not seen ep9 with subs
i am still confused over the reason that rihito slaped mei. as i understood it was something to do with mei giving up on everything and he wanted to bring her to her senses.
i was so shocked and glad that he did that and for once he was not even suprised with himselves or regret doing so. he is getting more confidence when it comes to his love with mei and taking more actions. i am just loving the new and changed rihito.he does not make me frustrated with his silence anymore. he is speaking his mind loud and not afraid to do so. i could not believe that it was the same rihito when he told shiori, that his heart belongs to mei only.
i guess it is time for mei to defend her love for rihito. rihito done what he had to do.
Yikes... I already re-watched the episode with subtitles this morning. I actually left my computer on and leave the page on auto-refresh all night before that lol... I'm a sad person =P Anyway...
I still haven't fully figured out how he summoned the courage to slap Mei as well. He seemed to always be in control and suddenly when Mei was acting strangely, he was like *slapped*. I'm like... NO WAY! For the next ten seconds after that -- I recover fast lol... But, I suppose, like you say, maybe he had changed and he had slowly became braver than he was. He was willing to admit his feelings flat out, willingly so, without any hesitation. I was like "WOOOOO!!!" At that part and like... "Take that [insert phrase as to your imagination because I did use a foul language lol]" I don't think I was ever really frustrated with Rihito, but I do like the change. I just understand him before and liked him more now lol. I suppose we'll have to wait and see what Mei would do. It's not every day the guy you do love confess his love to you. I wonder what else is she waiting for... *headdesk*
Though... About the Principal... Rose...
She said that
"My home was a small Udon shop located in Shikoku"
- translation from Kai's soft-sub, I claim no credit over this.

Where did they say Mei was from? And the Shibatas?

Now I have to re-watch episode one lol...

Issy

Post by Issy » Mar 13th, '09, 17:03

to be fair to mei
rihito has not confessed his love to mei yet. he only told shiori.
he did hugged mei which he apologised for it so many times.
but then he told mei that his recent action was not based on a butler's actions. this is not a very clear to understand. that's why mei still left the academy because she still believes that he is in love with shiori.

unlike kento, that declered his love over and over to mei, rihito only told her that will never leave her site again at all because "he is her butler"

i don't blame mei for getting confused over rihito's love for her. but i guess his duel spoke more of his love for her than his words that's why she stayed.

wickedvampiregirl

Post by wickedvampiregirl » Mar 13th, '09, 17:14

Issy wrote:to be fair to mei
rihito has not confessed his love to mei yet. he only told shiori.
he did hugged mei which he apologised for it so many times.
but then he told mei that his recent action was not based on a butler's actions. this is not a very clear to understand. that's why mei still left the academy because she still believes that he is in love with shiori.

unlike kento, that declered his love over and over to mei, rihito only told her that will never leave her site again at all because "he is her butler"

i don't blame mei for getting confused over rihito's love for her. but i guess his duel spoke more of his love for her than his words that's why she stayed.
darts, yup you're right, I totally missed out that fact >.<
Rihito definitely need to be clearer about his own feelings. Hinting his intentions, honestly, which century are they even living in? Why can't he just tell her flat out he cares and love her more than a butler. Being ambiguous kills! I honestly think men in general should take this one advice, accept, admit, confess. Rihito's lucky he's adorable or else I woulda strangle him for sure (if he existed). I do have a soft spot for good looking characters lol... I wish he'd just say it already.

Yup, definitely, no one can blame Mei for being unsure. Honestly, the one who you like usually could never tell that you like them while others could see it so clearly. It happens in real life too. Mei probably already understood Rihito's feelings, but, to be honest, I just want Rihito just say it already. Admit it aloud, to her face (Mei's that is) that he loves her. Gahh... Is it possible to stab a fictional character with a pencil? Wait... Nope... I tried stabbing Edward Cullen and that didn't work =P

bluriishh

Post by bluriishh » Mar 13th, '09, 17:44

i have just watched ep9, & i cant wait for the next ep! :D
so exciting with all the duels & stuffs!

and Hiro is damn handsome.
i didnt really realise him much in HanaKimi!

& Izumi butler kind of look like Nakamaru Yuichi from KATTUN, dont you all think so? :D
haha
Credits to kotomi_graphics , midoriho , marionette_life , sundaymorning ,hoshi_x ,kuroigunman_saeng ,alohaa ,x_fei
@ LIvejournal
for my signature & avatar! (:
❤ MASSU & YOUNGSAENG

Issy

Post by Issy » Mar 13th, '09, 17:53

to be honest
sometimes i really get frustrated over these kind of words and conversation in jdramas. my nihongo is not that good yet so i have to rely on subs
but i totally don't get the meaning of some sentences in the drama
like this: "i was not a butler anymore" (as for kai subs). was that suppose to mean? i get the point that he meant his actions and feeling was not solely as a butler's but is still not clear at all.
did mei had to understand his whole feelings and emotions just by those words?
i am sorry, but i am old fashion in that way that like to hear everything very clearly. it just gives more enjoyment. but i guess you don't get such scenes often in jdramas.

wickedvampiregirl

Post by wickedvampiregirl » Mar 13th, '09, 18:05

bluriishh wrote:i have just watched ep9, & i cant wait for the next ep! :D
so exciting with all the duels & stuffs!

and Hiro is damn handsome.
i didnt really realise him much in HanaKimi!

& Izumi butler kind of look like Nakamaru Yuichi from KATTUN, dont you all think so? :D
haha
Yup, it seemed so far away -- episode 10 that is...
Hahah... Yes, Hiro is adorable =D
I've always liked Nanba-senpai.
He was like a total player.
He's like *kisses a girl* and "See ya".
Tsk tsk tsk... I still couldn't get that cheeky smile image outta my head.
KATTUN? Uhh...

Issy wrote:to be honest
sometimes i really get frustrated over these kind of words and conversation in jdramas. my nihongo is not that good yet so i have to rely on subs
like this: "i was not a butler anymore" (as for kai subs). was that suppose to mean? i get the point that he meant his actions and feeling was not solely as a butler's but is still not clear at all.
i am sorry, but i am old fashion in that way that like to hear everything very clearly. it just gives more enjoyment. but i guess you don't get such scenes often in jdramas.
I'm with you on that ^^
Though, to a degree, I do understand what Rihito meant when he said "I was not a butler anymore" (bless Kai for translations). I guess because I often read between the lines so that's normal speak to me lol. The people I know aren't exactly straightforward >.< Anyway, back on the subject. I knew at once what he meant, well, to my understanding that is. I believed then and now that he meant; he realized that his affection is no longer platonic. That he wasn't just serving her as a butler as he should. That he was falling for her as a man. Some people might theorize loving her as a sister, but which brother do you know would actually be all anxious around their sister? Mine certainly doesn't lol.

Still, I do agree with you as well, I, too, like to hear things clearly. I am old fashion. I like to hear the guy actually say the words instead of hinting their affection. Well, yup, it's JDrama, it takes forever for the characters to actually admit their feelings. I wanted to kill Sano (HanaKimi) and Domyouji (HYD) every time I watch the drama - I'm addicted, God help me lol
[/spoiler]

Issy

Post by Issy » Mar 13th, '09, 20:56

yes
like you i read between the lines. i knew when he said that he was not a butler anymore (instantly remembered what shinobu told rihito when he confronted him with mei's love for him) he meant it as a man but still wished if he could be more clear. to hear those words that actually you are dying to hear from rihito's mouth is beyond my imagination.
that is why i loved HYD and Domoyouji.

i am going to watch it again with subs. god help me with more thoughts that will come to my head after that. :goggle:

wickedvampiregirl

Post by wickedvampiregirl » Mar 13th, '09, 21:08

Issy wrote:yes
like you i read between the lines. i knew when he said that he was not a butler anymore (instantly remembered what shinobu told rihito when he confronted him with mei's love for him) he meant it as a man but still wished if he could be more clear. to hear those words that actually you are dying to hear from rihito's mouth is beyond my imagination.
that is why i loved HYD and Domoyouji.

i am going to watch it again with subs. god help me with more thoughts that will come to my head after that. :goggle:
aren't we the sad bunch hahah...
aboard the over-analytical boat, ahoy matey!
Right, pirate moment...
Tell me about it, I wanted to hear him to actually say, admit that he loves Mei flat out in front of her. I know, obsessing over fictional characters love life is not good for my mental health (or anyone else's for that matter), but, I just can't help but want Rihito and Mei to ended up together. Why can't he just SAY it. Well, yeah, at least Domyouji did say he loves Makino, repeatedly so ^^ Gotta love an honest guy, but the journey to get him to admit that was painful! Let's just hope that Rihito would learn to catch up... Ahhh... JDramas are messing with my head. lol.....

I don't think even God could help lol... I started to get more ideas after watching it WITH the subs. Tsk tsk... Sad sad life I have lol... Wish episode ten is out already... oh well...

Issy

Post by Issy » Mar 13th, '09, 22:56

just finished watching ep 9 with subs , Thanks alot dear Kai for subbing :cheers:
as i predicted thoughts kept building up in the my brain so i need to empty some of them so i can sleep well tonight (to some extent :P )
what a funny and at the same time so serious ep.
as i thought, rihito has made up his mind and is leaving everything to mei from now on?
so what ever she wants, he will do it even if it means throwing away his status within honogo family and not following up orders?
that was so funny when girls suggested that they run away together and elope. :lol when mens are so scared to think of any actions. but i guess they are right and unlike girls who are thinking with their hearts, they thinking with their heads.
i still did not get the reason behind the slap though. is it because she has lost all her hopes? but did she wanted to be a honog hiress to begin with?
i still can't believe that scene. for rihito to do such a scene is just beyond my imagination.
but can't help not thinking about the last duel. something in me says that mei is not going to win. i hope i am wrong but when the prize is having rihito, i think something will come up and make mei lose the duel.
and how shinobu will fight wounded rihito? is it a duel between butlers or mastresses?
i seriously can't wait for ep 10.

annie_chan

Post by annie_chan » Mar 13th, '09, 23:16

about romantic thing in jdrama,
when I saw Rihito holding Mei's hand and put it on his chest, I was like... kiss her idiot T____T I know it's not gonna happen coz i would be way too shocked if Rihito did that... totally out of his characteristics. I was just hoping too much....

And I am thinking, they are just going to America for the ceremony. Does that mean they gonna come back?

lunas

Post by lunas » Mar 13th, '09, 23:17

@wickedvampiregirl and issy - I really enjoyed reading your comments about this series. I've never realized that you can analyze this series in that many angles. :lol Originally I started watching this series because of Hiro and Nana and didn't expect much out of it (because of HanaKimi) but each episodes offered more and more mystery.
I am kind of wondering what caused Lucia to change, I am sure at one point she was very nice and kind but did Kintaro say something to make her feel that he'll not going to name her as the successor eventhough he trained her to be one. If that's the case, anyone in her shoes would be mad.

wickedvampiregirl

Post by wickedvampiregirl » Mar 13th, '09, 23:32

Issy wrote:just finished watching ep 9 with subs , Thanks alot dear Kai for subbing :cheers:
as i predicted thoughts kept building up in the my brain so i need to empty some of them so i can sleep well tonight (to some extent :P )
what a funny and at the same time so serious ep.
as i thought, rihito has made up his mind and is leaving everything to mei from now on?
so what ever she wants, he will do it even if it means throwing away his status within honogo family and not following up orders?
that was so funny when girls suggested that they run away together and elope. :lol when mens are so scared to think of any actions. but i guess they are right and unlike girls who are thinking with their hearts, they thinking with their heads.
i still did not get the reason behind the slap though. is it because she has lost all her hopes? but did she wanted to be a honog hiress to begin with?
i still can't believe that scene. for rihito to do such a scene is just beyond my imagination.
but can't help not thinking about the last duel. something in me says that mei is not going to win. i hope i am wrong but when the prize is having rihito, i think something will come up and make mei lose the duel.
and how shinobu will fight wounded rihito? is it a duel between butlers or mastresses?
i seriously can't wait for ep 10.
Forget sleep, I lose sleep because of the drama. I've been awake for almost 30 hours, my brain is in overdrive mode and I'm still theorizing over everything lol...
LOL! That part where the girls suggested elopement, I was laughing so hard I nearly cracked a rib. And they're like so dramatic and serious when they suggested it. I was like... *dies laughing* And Miruku with her "Total annihilation of the Hongo family", classic, really classic heheh... But yes, the men does seemed to think more using their heads rather than their hearts. Maybe because they are trained to do such. Head first, heart later. I think only Kento was the only one who was straightforward. I pretty am sure that if Mei ask him to disappear forever, Rihito would do even that, if that would make her happy... Which is scary lol...

The slap? Oh, I think it's because she forgot something. She forgot Rihito's promised that he would always be by her side. I think in some ways, as a man and as a butler as well, Rihito feel insulted and as a man, I think he was really hurt that the woman he loves doesn't have enough faith in him. Male ego *sighs*.... I thought it was about time he does something like that. Since he's pretty much useless when it comes to admitting his feelings using the obvious set of words >.<

There's no way Mei would lose. I doubt she'd ever allow herself to lose. Not when she's putting the love of her life at stake. Hell, if I was her, I woulda gone to hell and back just to fight for the person I love - I'm dramatic, 'scuse me. Anyway, it's highly unlikely that Mei would lose. First, there's Rihito on her side, love can help you achieve the impossible. Second, she have her friends, they'll never lose seeing it's their battle too. Third, it's simple cliche, good triumphs over evil... Yup...

I have a feeling it would be on a large scale between both masters and butlers. I don't think that Shinobu would win, but I doubt he wanted to lose. There's two things about him - his pride, and his affection towards Lucia. If he wins, he lose Lucia; If he lose, he stays by her side but scar his pride. Poor lad, must have a lot to ponder over...
annie_chan wrote:about romantic thing in jdrama,
when I saw Rihito holding Mei's hand and put it on his chest, I was like... kiss her idiot T____T I know it's not gonna happen coz i would be way too shocked if Rihito did that... totally out of his characteristics. I was just hoping too much....

And I am thinking, they are just going to America for the ceremony. Does that mean they gonna come back?
Weeeeeeeeee...
LMAO! Me too! I was like... KISS HER YOU MORON! And when he didn't *facepalm* I kept screaming "BAKA" and "Slowpoke" over and over again -- everyone I know regarded that as normal by now, so I did not receive any strange looks heheh...
lunas wrote:@wickedvampiregirl and issy - I really enjoyed reading your comments about this series. I've never realized that you can analyze this series in that many angles. :lol Originally I started watching this series because of Hiro and Nana and didn't expect much out of it (because of HanaKimi) but each episodes offered more and more mystery.
I am kind of wondering what caused Lucia to change, I am sure at one point she was very nice and kind but did Kintaro say something to make her feel that he'll not going to name her as the successor eventhough he trained her to be one. If that's the case, anyone in her shoes would be mad.
Well, I think I'm a nut job, I can't say anything about Issy though ^^ Trust me, anything can be looked from a different angle. You just have to stand on a different plane. Like... Hmm... One morning you stand on the right side of the balcony and the next you stand on the left side. It might seemed to be a small move, but if you look closely, you could see you're watching the view differently. Probably not the best example hahah...

Most people started out watching the drama because of Hiro. That includes me and for the first time I'm not ashamed to admit I'm stalking an actor -- well, not literally speaking that is. I so don't want to get myself any restraining order and there's that fact I don't live in Japan... Anywho... I, too, at first wasn't expecting much of the series, I was surprised and went on analytical mode overdrive week after week... Tsk tsk tsk...
Yup, I was wondering about that too. Something must have happened. People don't just chose to do what they do, there's always a reason behind it. But still, I still stand that I won't feel sorry for Shiori. To be honest, if I was in her shoes and was told I won't succeed the family, I would be jumping with joy -- then again, I'm a major slacker heheh

lunas

Post by lunas » Mar 14th, '09, 00:29

@wickedvampiregirl I guess my wording seems to be off a little bit. I don't mean as a bad thing, I enjoy reading other's point of view and it nice to talk about it with others. With the whole premise of this series, who would have thought that you can get hook on it. I'm also guilty of being a stalker to some of my favorite actors and currently this forum :whistling:

wickedvampiregirl

Post by wickedvampiregirl » Mar 14th, '09, 00:39

lunas wrote:@wickedvampiregirl I guess my wording seems to be off a little bit. I don't mean as a bad thing, I enjoy reading other's point of view and it nice to talk about it with others. With the whole premise of this series, who would have thought that you can get hook on it. I'm also guilty of being a stalker to some of my favorite actors and currently this forum :whistling:
Yikes, sorry Lunas. Didn't mean to offend you. I was mainly joking. To be honest, people who knows me would say I'm a nutcase. I over analyze things to a point it even irritate myself. I was just explaining on how I see things, I tend to see them from several different angles and light. I like to be able to theorize and possibilities and variables had always been my friend. Though, seriously, you'll never know what you can get hooked on. It just falls into place when you find the right show and you'd be watching it like mad (mind you, I still watch ER... Sad, I know)... Teheehehh... Shall we have a stalker union xD

Issy

Post by Issy » Mar 14th, '09, 00:43

about final duel
even though i know that there is no way mei can lose it (unless if the writer wants it), i can't help not to think of not wining
the fact the mei suggested this duel not to take over honog family but for rihito's sake was so emotional for me. she actually felt her dad's feelings when he decided to leave everything to do with hongo family behind to protect the ones he loved.
and that scene where mei had her hands on rihito's chest was one of the most romantic scenes i have ever seen lately in any jdramas that i have seen, love the fact how they focus on both hands so closely.
i hope that rihito getting shot does not affect her will power to fight for what she wants. but i am really wondering what shiori would do with tami after knowing what she has done to rihito. or...maybe was it their plan from begining as shiori knows very well that even if she wins, there is no way of getting the rihito she wants back and he only be with her as an empty shell.
it could be well possible because she does not love rihito like mei does and is prepared to destroy him if he does not surrounder to her.
i am also giving up on shiori becoming a good person. i am just suprised at the grandpa to chose her as hongo hieress when he exacty knows what kind of evil person she is. of course it is not fait for her after being snatched away from her family and put through so many hard training to be a hongo lady but you still can let a psycho person with a criminal mind let loose and giving her even more power to do what she wants. it would be really scary.
even if he meant mei's protection by this act, knowing shiori's dangerous mind it would not do any good. because she has lost her most important thing to mei and that is rihito. knowing how deeply rihito has fallen for mei would make her go for any revenge to make her feel better.
@lunas
:lol :lol :lol i guess i am a nutjob too then. :P as i said before, this is the first time that a drama engaged my brain like this. normally when i watch a drama, if it is good enough, i get absorbed by it. like living the whole thing at the same time that i am watching. it always make me think about characters... but with mei-chan i am like bewitched. sometimes i really suprised at myself at how much i am into this particular drama and i wonder about it. maybe is something to with Hiro that i am really starting to focus on him more and more. there is something about his presence that make you attracted to him. i satarted looking him up in various j programs and i noticed that there is some calmness about him that even seen in rihito.
and his VOICE. i am always attracted to guys by their voice first.
let's just say that hiro presence made this drama even more fun to watch.
i guess i have to go and sleep now. i need some to be able to work tomorrow. i will write more if got some more thoughts in my sleep. :lol

wickedvampiregirl

Post by wickedvampiregirl » Mar 14th, '09, 00:59

Issy wrote:about final duel
even though i know that there is no way mei can lose it (unless if the writer wants it), i can't help not to think of not wining
the fact the mei suggested this duel not to take over honog family but for rihito's sake was so emotional for me. she actually felt her dad's feelings when he decided to leave everything to do with hongo family behind to protect the ones he loved.
and that scene where mei had her hands on rihito's chest was one of the most romantic scenes i have ever seen lately in any jdramas that i have seen, love the fact how they focus on both hands so closely.
i hope that rihito getting shot does not affect her will power to fight for what she wants. but i am really wondering what shiori would do with tami after knowing what she has done to rihito. or...maybe was it their plan from begining as shiori knows very well that even if she wins, there is no way of getting the rihito she wants back and he only be with her as an empty shell.
it could be well possible because she does not love rihito like mei does and is prepared to destroy him if he does not surrounder to her.
i am also giving up on shiori becoming a good person. i am just suprised at the grandpa to chose her as hongo hieress when he exacty knows what kind of evil person she is. of course it is not fait for her after being snatched away from her family and put through so many hard training to be a hongo lady but you still can let a psycho person with a criminal mind let loose and giving her even more power to do what she wants. it would be really scary.
even if he meant mei's protection by this act, knowing shiori's dangerous mind it would not do any good. because she has lost her most important thing to mei and that is rihito. knowing how deeply rihito has fallen for mei would make her go for any revenge to make her feel better.
@lunas
:lol :lol :lol i guess i am a nutjob too then. :P as i said before, this is the first time that a drama engaged my brain like this. normally when i watch a drama, if it is good enough, i get absorbed by it. like living the whole thing at the same time that i am watching. it always make me think about characters... but with mei-chan i am like bewitched. sometimes i really suprised at myself at how much i am into this particular drama and i wonder about it. maybe is something to with Hiro that i am really starting to focus on him more and more. there is something about his presence that make you attracted to him. i satarted looking him up in various j programs and i noticed that there is some calmness about him that even seen in rihito.
and his VOICE. i am always attracted to guys by their voice first.
let's just say that hiro presence made this drama even more fun to watch.
i guess i have to go and sleep now. i need some to be able to work tomorrow. i will write more if got some more thoughts in my sleep. :lol
It's addictive that we should sue! Okay, there goes another socket... Anyway...
I think the thing I like the most about Hiro is his smile.
It looked sweet and devilish at the same time.
It's like a smile on a kid's face who had broken a very expensive vase,
or a kid who had just put a bug in a soup. Sweet, yet devilish lol...

Oh.. back to final episode xD...
Mei won't lose. You forgot that Shiori told her she would never bury Mei's parents together. And that her parents were evil for causing her (Shiori) pain. I doubt Mei would let herself lose and have her parents remains separated. It's one of her biggest drive, her parents. The other of course having Rihito remain by her side. But if the writer chose to cause her to lose, Imma torch the studio... Well, not really lol...

Ahh that scene. I was all "awwww" over it. Fawning over such simple act of affection. They're really are adorable together. Though... On Tami's case however, I think she was acting on what he believed to be Shiori's order, I have a feeling Shinobu have more part in that act rather than Shiori. Shinobu makes me wonder time after time...

Nahh... I think he knows what he's doing. The grandfather is a very calculative old man. I doubt someone who can't see the ugly truth before him would be able to stay in power for such a long time. Hongo Enterprise is the largest company (fictional of course) in Japan. He's waiting for the exact moment in time and the result he was looking for. There's gotta be more to it when it comes to him. Shiori however, I think... I have to agree with you Issy. I think she is the kind of person who would go "If I can't have him, she can't either". Selfish and corrupted. It's terrifying just to think about it alone.

nickel56

Post by nickel56 » Mar 14th, '09, 05:27

Issy wrote:to be honest
I don't watch Kai's subs, so I'm not sure, are you referring to that scene in Ep7?
If yes, then what Rihito said in the last line was 何時の間にか執事としてではなく. Bascially, it means unknowingly, towards Mei, he wasn't thinking in the role (or from the viewpoint) of a shitsuji.
If I were to comment, I think the use of 何時の間に is a good indicator that these are his true feelings. Mei should have understood, that's why she left hurriedly.

gah~ Is the final episode going to be extra long, like 2 hours special or something? Lol! Reading everyone's comments, seems like there's alot of things they need to show us, such as
- finishing the final duel, which is probably held in school. and so perhaps through this they will show how Mei has actually obtained the acceptance of her classmates. a contrast from the way they've treated her in the beginning.
- the change of heiress (hope the grandpa really does so!), and the grandpa needs to reveal/explain his real intention/plot. XD (like, was he really playing with shiori all the while, and never really intended her to be the heiress at all)
- a tie up for shinobu & shiori's story
- the future of her classmates & thier shitsujis

and most imptly, a proper ending for Mei and both Shibatas!
i demand a SP :D

Issy

Post by Issy » Mar 14th, '09, 10:58

Nickel58 wrote:I don't watch Kai's subs, so I'm not sure, are you referring to that scene in Ep7?
If yes, then what Rihito said in the last line was 何時の間にか執事としてではなく. Bascially, it means unknowingly, towards Mei, he wasn't thinking in the role (or from the viewpoint) of a shitsuji.
If I were to comment, I think the use of 何時の間に is a good indicator that these are his true feelings. Mei should have understood, that's why she left hurriedly.
sneaking from work :P , but YES. i was refering to that particular sentence. i see now, if this expressed his true feelings, then he has already confessed his love to her.
i can't believe that i am counting the days for Tuesday to come. baka me. i want Tuesday to come and not to come. because i know i will be missing this show terribly. as wickedvampiregirl said, "it's so addictive we should sue. and i see what you mean by the devilish smile. you could see it so clearly in the begining of ep9

wickedvampiregirl

Post by wickedvampiregirl » Mar 14th, '09, 11:32

Issy wrote:
Nickel58 wrote:I don't watch Kai's subs, so I'm not sure, are you referring to that scene in Ep7?
sneaking from work :P , but YES. i was refering to that particular sentence. i see now, if this expressed his true feelings, then he has already confessed his love to her.
i can't believe that i am counting the days for Tuesday to come. baka me. i want Tuesday to come and not to come. because i know i will be missing this show terribly. as wickedvampiregirl said, "it's so addictive we should sue. and i see what you mean by the devilish smile. you could see it so clearly in the begining of ep9
Dang, lucky, I wish I can sneak online from work. They cut out the internet that connects us with the world there *sobs* anyway...
Well, if you see it from that point of view Issy, I, too, have to agree. Technically, Rihito had made his confession, as ambiguous as it may be, it was still a confession to an extent. I do hope Mei could understand that, if she doesn't, I feel like kicking a soccer ball to her head to force her to her senses -- wait, she's a fictional character - darn it... Oh well...

Ahhh... Me too, I've never been in such agony [with the exception of Harry Potter book releases], the wait really kills. Still, I don't want it to come either. Looks like we're both in the same boat Issy, continuously contradicting ourselves with each minute passing us by. Yup, yup, that smile. I'm like... A good boy shouldn't have that kinda smile! Heheh =D

Anyway, like nickel56 said, there's a lot to tie up. I too wish it'd be a longer special episode just so that they could wrap it up properly. I still need to know MORE lol... Sad sad addiction. Can we really sue them? Teheheh

Issy

Post by Issy » Mar 14th, '09, 13:45

@wickedvampiregirl
:lol :lol :lol , i guess i am lucky to be able to sneak here from work's pc. as long as i am working very hard here, i guess i need some breaks from time to time. ne?

thinking about rihito's love confession
i think we really should not demand for anything louder than this from him. knowing what kind of preserve person he is and specially not used to be in love before and always concentrating on doing his job in a best possible way with using his emotions and heart.
as i said before to declare his love to mei and declining shiori's offer was giant step for him. but he is learning how to express his emotions as time goes by. to grab mei's hands and hold it like this, is a daring act indeed. not to mention slaping her (gosh, i just can't have enough of that slaping scene and that hand on the heart scene)
that is why he ran away from shiori in the first place because he noticed that she cares more than usual for him and he does not know how to react to it at all.
i was kind of taken back by his action in ep 8 though. when shinobu told him that you rather be am empty shell staying by shiori's side than acting on your emotions, he wanted to shut him up because it was true. was he thinking of chosing between love and his career? maybe he was too scared to face his feeling.
ok, i am taking your positive aura that mei is not losing at the end. she has much more stronger reasons to fight for than shiori. she is fighting for her love as well as her parents and for sake of her friends while shiori only fighting to feel better

but still, the grandfather creeps me out real bad. but i don't think that he wants to hurt his one and only blood related person. but why on earth give shiori all the authority to hurt mei. maybe he is keeping an eye on her so when ever she gets mental and dangerous to mei then he will stop her and have a valid reason to remove her from power. because as things are now, it seems so unfair to shiori to be the heiress after all those years of lonliness.

lunas

Post by lunas » Mar 14th, '09, 21:04

As far as love confession in jdrama, there's barely any showing of emotion or big gesture. Everything is subtle. I do believe that
Mei will not lose because she has 2 things that she hold dear to her heart. The outcome of the duel will have a lot to do with Shinobu, he was not hesitate in carry out some of Shiori order in the beginning but he seems a little hesitate in ep 09.

@wickedvampiregirl I'm not offend by it, so don't worry about it. When I'm obsesses with something, I can be a little nutcase too. We'll definitely going to be in a lot of trouble if there is ever be a stalker reunion. :lol

Elien

Post by Elien » Mar 14th, '09, 22:55

Regarding your speculations about Grandfathers intentions, I started to read the manga and I think I have something for you 8)

It´s from volume 1, chapter 4, when Mei goes to visit her grandfather for the first time and after that the old Shibata, Rihito and Kento grandfather, talks with Hongo grandfather about Mei and her future. The emblem means S rank shitsuji button Rihito has.

Nice, dont you think? :mrgreen:
Of course I´m sane, when trees start talking to me, I don´t talk back.

Issy

Post by Issy » Mar 14th, '09, 23:05

Elien wrote:Regarding your speculations about Grandfathers intentions, I started to read the manga and I think I have something for you 8)

It´s from volume 1, chapter 4, when Mei goes to visit her grandfather for the first time and after that the old Shibata, Rihito and Kento grandfather, talks with Hongo grandfather about Mei and her future. The emblem means S rank shitsuji button Rihito has.

Nice, dont you think? :mrgreen:
YEP, VERY NICE.
BUT
this is actually what the grandpa had in mind for rihito and mei in the manga. as for the drama, we can see so many changes happening that is not following the manga at all. there is no such agreement between rihito and grandpa to beging with. i am happy that they did not even bothered with that bit of manga in the drama. that is what makes this drama so enjoyable. to wonder about who mei will end with.

Elien

Post by Elien » Mar 14th, '09, 23:18

Sure, the grandfather is more like a villain in the drama but they cant base a drama on manga and then change completely whole characters.....ow, wait, they actually can :glare: cause the Mei in manga is complete baka and can´t do anything, not to speak about udon....

well it was just to ease your minds a little :D

Issy

Post by Issy » Mar 14th, '09, 23:35

Elien wrote:Sure, the grandfather is more like a villain in the drama but they cant base a drama on manga and then change completely whole characters.....ow, wait, they actually can :glare: cause the Mei in manga is complete baka and can´t do anything, not to speak about udon....

well it was just to ease your minds a little :D
:P , it sure did dear. :wub:
i can't believe that they done a manga based drama which is totally different from the orginal. is like its the manga and not. :scratch: i hope i am making some sense. :P

wickedvampiregirl

Post by wickedvampiregirl » Mar 15th, '09, 14:32

Issy wrote:@wickedvampiregirl
:lol :lol :lol , i guess i am lucky to be able to sneak here from work's pc. as long as i am working very hard here, i guess i need some breaks from time to time. ne?

thinking about rihito's love confession
i think we really should not demand for anything louder than this from him. knowing what kind of preserve person he is and specially not used to be in love before and always concentrating on doing his job in a best possible way with using his emotions and heart.
as i said before to declare his love to mei and declining shiori's offer was giant step for him. but he is learning how to express his emotions as time goes by. to grab mei's hands and hold it like this, is a daring act indeed. not to mention slaping her (gosh, i just can't have enough of that slaping scene and that hand on the heart scene)
that is why he ran away from shiori in the first place because he noticed that she cares more than usual for him and he does not know how to react to it at all.
i was kind of taken back by his action in ep 8 though. when shinobu told him that you rather be am empty shell staying by shiori's side than acting on your emotions, he wanted to shut him up because it was true. was he thinking of chosing between love and his career? maybe he was too scared to face his feeling.
ok, i am taking your positive aura that mei is not losing at the end. she has much more stronger reasons to fight for than shiori. she is fighting for her love as well as her parents and for sake of her friends while shiori only fighting to feel better

but still, the grandfather creeps me out real bad. but i don't think that he wants to hurt his one and only blood related person. but why on earth give shiori all the authority to hurt mei. maybe he is keeping an eye on her so when ever she gets mental and dangerous to mei then he will stop her and have a valid reason to remove her from power. because as things are now, it seems so unfair to shiori to be the heiress after all those years of lonliness.
Yeah, if only I could sneak online at work. Well, my one week long vacation would soon come to its conclusion. I don't want to go back to work just yet *sighs* Anyway... Back to Rihito & Mei...
Hahah... That is so true. When it comes to Rihito, it is best not to expect him to scream his heart out and admit his love for Mei. Totally out of character - but if he does, I'd be jumping up and down like an over-excited monkey =D He does seemed to be the one who concentrate on his job. This lad really does gets complicated at times. He doesn't say what he really should be saying. He had to constantly have someone knock some senses into him and most of the time is his brother; Kento... It's probably the most daring step he had taken all his life. He was probably raised to know his standard, where he stands in the society by his parents. I suppose he doesn't want to cross that line no matter how much his heart was screaming in pain. And I think Shinobu saw it right through him so well that to every possible extent, Rihito was terrified. He was terrified that even with all the training he had received in the past and knowledge that his union with Mei would never be, he was still falling for him. As for Shiori, I think he left because he knew he wasn't feeling the same feeling that Shiori had for him and he doesn't know how to let her down as he should. Even if he had said it in plainest of word, Shiori would just twist it in her head into thinking he was just saying it. I didn't think Rihito planned to fall in love, at least not with Mei. It just happened.

Still, I'm glad that Shinobu, even when he seemed like a total egoist, he seemed to understand people better than he's letting on. With just one look, he could see what others were feeling and have from time to time use it to his own advantages. He was doing what he can, but I don't think he would even kill Mei if Shiori ordered him to do just that. He had numerous chances in the past, he could have made it look like an accident, yet he didn't kill Mei, why? So, I was thinking, he knew, he would hurt Rihito if Mei was gone. And to hurt Rihito was not something in his favour. He had nothing to gain from it, it wouldn't change Shiori's feeling and he knew that well enough. Sometimes, I get the feeling, he was helping Rihito. I dunno why, he was pushing mostly everything to Rihito's favour. I'm sure he had calculated the possibility that Rihito would finally acted up on his feelings if Kento was. Perhaps he had foreseen that before anyone else could. I'm sure he knew exactly what Rihito would do as well. Am I wrong to believe that Shinobu was in love with Shiori? I just get that feeling over and over again. If he was, he was hurting her too, maybe he's hurting too... Gahh... And I thought Rihito was hard to figure out. I wonder, will Shinobu lose on purpose? He doesn't seem to be the guy who would want others to be in great pain. Or was that my wishful thinking?

Sometimes I, too, am creep out by the grandfather. No, I don't think he wanted to hurt Mei. He wanted to train her. At least that was in his mind (from my point of view of course). He knew that as long as Rihito was on Mei's side, Mei wouldn't completely break her safe wall and march forward with her own power. Rihito had been sheltering her ever since their very first meeting. He had been her safe heaven, her protector and shield. I think her grandfather wanted to let her know that she can't always have someone to protect her and that she has to eventually fight her own battle as the heir of the Hongo family. Being treated badly by others should not be the reason to be bad. My mother taught me that - I know relating real life and drama is a bit weird, but that's how I see things in real life and drama. So yeah, I don't feel bad for Shiori. Just because you're hurt, you don't have to hurt others. The whole phrase "You have no idea what hell I've been through" which was basically Shiori sort-off tagline, I pretty much see that as an excuse of someone who's selfish and just wanted to do what they want, to get what they want, no matter how many people they hurt in the process. If hardship was what she was yapping about, she obviously haven't had the worst. Like I said, other people would have been different than her. If she was really born with a pure heart and taught by her parents before she was taken. Her main goal would be to succeed the family and reunited with her parents and find Mei, just to see if she was alright.

Like Izumi for instance. She's rich, isn't she? She was brought up in a well-off family. She was taught properly to be a lady of such. Her mother died young and her father remarried another woman. Now, most others would resent this and would not acknowledge the woman as their mother. But, not Izumi, she called her step-mother as "Mother" and she loved her half-brother (which technically is not even her half-brother). Her step mother treated her badly due to circumstances and yet at the end she still wouldn't cast the woman away. I'd say, it's her heart. It's pure, almost like Mei's. She believed in love and fairness. Aside from Mei, I really like Izumi's character best. She was not perfect, she have her fears and her moments. But, she worked her best not to allow others get hurt on her account. With everything all around, and what pain others have in their life in the story, I weight it out and try to see it trough and at the end, after evaluating everything; Fujiko, Miruku, etc. I decided that, they too had a hard time in their life and moments to test their endurance. They overcame the worst and became the woman (or girl) they are. Why not Shiori? Because she wouldn't. She only likes to find excuse to continuously be in pain and have people pity her.
lunas wrote:As far as love confession in jdrama, there's barely any showing of emotion or big gesture. Everything is subtle. I do believe that
Mei will not lose because she has 2 things that she hold dear to her heart. The outcome of the duel will have a lot to do with Shinobu, he was not hesitate in carry out some of Shiori order in the beginning but he seems a little hesitate in ep 09.

@wickedvampiregirl I'm not offend by it, so don't worry about it. When I'm obsesses with something, I can be a little nutcase too. We'll definitely going to be in a lot of trouble if there is ever be a stalker reunion. :lol
YES! Stalker union is fun... Mwahahah... Poor Hiro, having such crazy bunch as his fans lol... I'm joking, even if I have the chance, I wouldn't stalk him. I think I admire his talent more than wanting to hug, marry him, etc. I can see him as a person as an actor, so I guess, there's limit to how much I do like him lol...
Ah yeah... I nearly went mental with the lack of effort to confess in the male characters. But, then again, who can blame them? They've been trained to contain their feelings and watch their moves etc. They know where they stand etc. There's no way Mei would lose. Though yes, I do agree, the outcome would depend a lot to Shinobu. He had started to be slightly more hesitant with his moves. I think he began to see the error of which he would do if he continued to follow Shiori's order. But, he cannot defy her either; she is after all, his master. I wonder what he would do at the end. And the question whether he's in love with Shiori is dangling in my head >.<

Issy

Post by Issy » Mar 15th, '09, 23:07

as for shinobu
yep, i am couting on this guy for some reason but i still can't predict his actions.
there is no doubt in my mind that he is in love with shiori. that is why rihito questioned his motives when he told him that he has to go back to shiori after mei's leaving.
shinobu excatly knows what sort of feeling rihito has and some trying to open his eyes to reality that he is not seeing by asking so many uncomfortable questions.
he was the first one telling rihito that he is actually in love with mei and mei is truely in love with him too.
even though i am still confused over him but i don't think he will harm mei in anyway even after shiori ordered him to get rid of mei in anyway that is possible. and for some reasons he has a great influence on tami too.
he seems so happy whenever rihito comes out of his shell and try to defends his love. is like he is waiing for him to do so. shinobu is one interesting character that unfortunately the writer did not much attention to. we need atleast one ep for him only.
as for training level, he seems to be more advanced than rihito but i don't know why he is not a s-butler yet.
I can't believe that is going to be over very soon. :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: i am missing rihito already. :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Maryvel

Post by Maryvel » Mar 16th, '09, 05:53

Yesss, new episode today. Can't wait! :lol Too bad it's going to be the last one, I never thought I'd come to like this series so much. :cry:

Concerning Shinobu...
I guess we're all counting on him somehow, but I doubt that his motives are pure.
The only thing I know for certain is that he doesn't want Rihito by Shioris side. Maybe he loves her, maybe he's getting something else out of beeing Hongo family's successors first and only butler, I don't really care. :glare:

But losing Mei would mean losing the only reason to keep Rihito away from Shiori. That's why I think he's pushing him to admit to his feelings.
The more Rihito loves Mei, the more reluctant he is to return to Shiori's side. :wub:

So I don't think the arrow hitting Rihito in the end of episode 9 was Shinobus idea either, rather Tami-hime acting on her own. Maybe he would have even lost the duel on purpose. That guy is so complicated...

wickedvampiregirl

Post by wickedvampiregirl » Mar 16th, '09, 07:37

Issy wrote:as for shinobu
yep, i am couting on this guy for some reason but i still can't predict his actions.
there is no doubt in my mind that he is in love with shiori. that is why rihito questioned his motives when he told him that he has to go back to shiori after mei's leaving.
shinobu excatly knows what sort of feeling rihito has and some trying to open his eyes to reality that he is not seeing by asking so many uncomfortable questions.
he was the first one telling rihito that he is actually in love with mei and mei is truely in love with him too.
even though i am still confused over him but i don't think he will harm mei in anyway even after shiori ordered him to get rid of mei in anyway that is possible. and for some reasons he has a great influence on tami too.
he seems so happy whenever rihito comes out of his shell and try to defends his love. is like he is waiing for him to do so. shinobu is one interesting character that unfortunately the writer did not much attention to. we need atleast one ep for him only.
as for training level, he seems to be more advanced than rihito but i don't know why he is not a s-butler yet.
I can't believe that is going to be over very soon. :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: i am missing rihito already. :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:
Maryvel wrote:Yesss, new episode today. Can't wait! :lol Too bad it's going to be the last one, I never thought I'd come to like this series so much. :cry:

Concerning Shinobu...
I guess we're all counting on him somehow, but I doubt that his motives are pure.
The only thing I know for certain is that he doesn't want Rihito by Shioris side. Maybe he loves her, maybe he's getting something else out of beeing Hongo family's successors first and only butler, I don't really care. :glare:

But losing Mei would mean losing the only reason to keep Rihito away from Shiori. That's why I think he's pushing him to admit to his feelings.
The more Rihito loves Mei, the more reluctant he is to return to Shiori's side. :wub:

So I don't think the arrow hitting Rihito in the end of episode 9 was Shinobus idea either, rather Tami-hime acting on her own. Maybe he would have even lost the duel on purpose. That guy is so complicated...
Yup, Shinobu does makes people think really hard.
There's the whole, what's his agenda, what he gains from it, who he truly serves? Himself? Shiori? Kintaro? There's that large air of mystery. I think the writer intentionally limit his appearance to keep people guessing. I still haven't decide what to think about him. I have loads of ideas an opinion about him, yet I'm never sure. There's always questions and more questions when it comes to Shinobu. Hmm... I really wonder how it will all end. I want to know Shinobu's true face, what's his hiding and what he's gaining from all of it.

As for why he's not an S-Ranked Butler, I think it probably took more than just the ability to fight to gain that rank. Maybe Rihito have something that Shinobu doesn't have. I don't think it's fair to compare Shinobu and Rihito. It is clear that they're not even on the same level, with or without the butler ranks they posses. What I gather from the very limited appearance Shinobu have...

Shinobu - Reserved, know exactly how he feels and what he's doing, calculative, opportunist, smart - but not wise enough, observant, strong, daring, secretive, and mysterious.

Rihito - One hell of a good guesser, Calculative, simple, reserved, calm, selfless, warm and gentle, sweet, rather slow on subtle hints, smart, observant yet quite clueless about his own feelings.

Though they do posses some similar trait, they're still very different in my eyes.

Issy

Post by Issy » Mar 16th, '09, 11:27

Rihito - One hell of a good guesser, Calculative, simple, reserved, calm, selfless, warm and gentle, sweet, rather slow on subtle hints, smart, observant yet quite clueless about his own feelings.
:D :D :D
this is so funny when i read our comments about rihito. i guess we are not that biased towards him. or are we? :P
i bet if anyone apart from hiro was rihito would be doing the same thing. :scratch: :P

yenchan69

Post by yenchan69 » Mar 16th, '09, 11:56

Speaking of Shinobu...anyone notice he HAS no rank? When they were introduced at the beginning, all their ranks were displayed...except for Shinobu's. really makes me wonder....

Erisadesu

Post by Erisadesu » Mar 16th, '09, 12:12

...Is there any chance that there will be a 2nd season?
I mean we want more ... I can't believe that theres is only one episode left...

wickedvampiregirl

Post by wickedvampiregirl » Mar 16th, '09, 12:33

Issy wrote:
:D :D :D
this is so funny when i read our comments about rihito. i guess we are not that biased towards him. or are we? :P
i bet if anyone apart from hiro was rihito would be doing the same thing. :scratch: :P
I'd like to think that I can differentiate the actor from the role he was portraying lol. At least I had been really good at doing just that in the past. I could see the actor as a person and the character as a role they merely play no matter how good they are. Though, I have to admit, I'm not exactly sure when it comes to Hiro's case. Maybe my judgement on his role -- well, there might have been some errors. I'm not exactly sure. But, I haven't really described his character as the person who played it. So yeah... I'm rather puzzled myself. Though I do noticed, but forgot to mention earlier;
Rihito seemed to be, somewhat of a short-tempered person as well. If one pushes his wrong buttons. I'm sure there are a lot of thinks which he is lack off. I just need to see the final episode to really understand him lol... I think
yenchan69 wrote:Speaking of Shinobu...anyone notice he HAS no rank? When they were introduced at the beginning, all their ranks were displayed...except for Shinobu's. really makes me wonder....
Darts... You're completely right... Now I begin to wonder. But, if he too is an S-Ranked Butler, someone would have mentioned it... Darn... Now my mind just went off into over-drive mode again...

Erisadesu wrote:...Is there any chance that there will be a 2nd season?
I mean we want more ... I can't believe that theres is only one episode left...
I rather they wrap things up and not be too draggy. As much as I love the story, I know I would eventually get bored of the same thing repeating itself over and over again. There had been many times where I stopped watching a drama (Well, I haven't with any Japanese yet, but some other, I have). Simply because the story is just a bit too soapy for me. But, longer episode for the finale is probably a good thing. Second season... I dunno, they have to really think a lot before jumping into doing that or else it would be pointless to make another season.

Issy

Post by Issy » Mar 16th, '09, 13:58

@wickedvampiregirl
yep. i am totally with you on that. i like to think that i am fairly unbiased towards the actors and actresses but i guess this is something impossible to do. as human being we do have our likes and dislikes and this most porpbably influnce our intake.

but truth has to be told that Hiro is doing a great job considering this is his first leading role. and he has been lucky too because lots of well known actors don't get this chance until later in life and sometime never. i am so happy for hiro for this. i will be looking forward to see his future performances.

as for 2nd seaon, i too not so sure how do i feel about it. it can get dragy and repeatative so would make fans dislike the whole show. we have to remember, it is not always about quantity but it is about quality. I love to see this show having a SP or 2nd season but if only they can keep it as exciting as it is now. if they can't do it, then i rather have one season drama that ended up perfectly and lived to all my expectations.
i can't believe that last ep is tomorrow. :cry:

lunas

Post by lunas » Mar 16th, '09, 14:37

Getting into a little off topic, I wonder how many people can endure the horror of watching a poor character development and plotline just because their fav actor/actress starred in it, I certain cannot. As for Hiro, I am too very happy for him; with his first leading role and not doing a shabby job at it. His acting improved since his Kamen Rider days and I’m looking forward to more of his future project.
Anyone here got a chance to watch SMAPxSMAP, I watched it yesterday with Chinese sub and Hiro is very frank in there. He sure surprised the member of SMAP with his comments but it just makes him more real. When I have time, I’ll try to write up a summary for everyone to read.

Issy

Post by Issy » Mar 16th, '09, 16:40

lunas wrote:Anyone here got a chance to watch SMAPxSMAP, I watched it yesterday with Chinese sub and Hiro is very frank in there. He sure surprised the member of SMAP with his comments but it just makes him more real. When I have time, I’ll try to write up a summary for everyone to read.
I saw it but my nihongo is limited. please do so if you get the time. i would like to know more.
thanks in advance dear

freelife

Post by freelife » Mar 16th, '09, 19:59

This drama is so cute...
Hiro is so sweet... He looks great as a butler, but what can I say, he looks great as anyone... ^^ :wub:
Mei-chan is a darling as well... I loved her in Proposal Daisakusen, but never thought that she could look so young as she looks in this series...
I hate Lucia, she's freakin' evil... I remember her from the Nodame Cantabile SP in which I disliked her as well... :glare:

So, I have a little question, tomorrow the last episode will be aired? omg... and also, how long do you think it would take it to be subbed, or at least, how long did it take on the last episodes? (I've watched this series this week, so I don't really know... ) :roll
^^
Smile... Be what you want to be and act how you want to... ^ They do... :D

Elien

Post by Elien » Mar 16th, '09, 20:15

@freelife: the raw should be available by wednesday morning CET and Kai will need about two three days to release subs if we don´t want him to die from undeprived sleeping ;o)
If you still want to watch it earlier, as lot of people here want, you can try viikii...

wickedvampiregirl

Post by wickedvampiregirl » Mar 17th, '09, 09:31

Issy wrote:@wickedvampiregirl
yep. i am totally with you on that. i like to think that i am fairly unbiased towards the actors and actresses but i guess this is something impossible to do. as human being we do have our likes and dislikes and this most porpbably influnce our intake.

but truth has to be told that Hiro is doing a great job considering this is his first leading role. and he has been lucky too because lots of well known actors don't get this chance until later in life and sometime never. i am so happy for hiro for this. i will be looking forward to see his future performances.

as for 2nd seaon, i too not so sure how do i feel about it. it can get dragy and repeatative so would make fans dislike the whole show. we have to remember, it is not always about quantity but it is about quality. I love to see this show having a SP or 2nd season but if only they can keep it as exciting as it is now. if they can't do it, then i rather have one season drama that ended up perfectly and lived to all my expectations.
i can't believe that last ep is tomorrow. :cry:
Yup, you’re right, it’s impossible to stay unbiased towards actors and the roles they undertake. Still, I like to try to stay that way as I wanted to be able to see the actors from several different angles. I like to believe that the actors are more than the role that they’re portraying and most, more than just a pretty face – which is the case with Mizushima Hiro. Trust me, I – at first thought he was just one of those good looking actors with no brain what-so-ever. And thanks to my curiosity level, I’ve found out that he wasn’t – yeah, just imagine my surprise to find out that he was more than just a pretty face. I think that’s the main reason why I came to think Hiro separated from the role he was portraying – bit by bit.

Technically, it’s not really his first leading role now, is it? He was in Kamen Rider Kabuto and played the title role – Yes, I’ve seen him in the show. I still watch superhero related shows – it’s fun from time to time lol... I must say, he had shown a great deal of improvement from his Kamen Rider days. He’s a lot different with each role he chose to portray. I can’t see glimpse of his former role with each new character. I can say he had done a great job with each role offered. He had played – in my opinion – a number of extensive different roles. From a bully (Gokusen 2), Superhero (Kamen Rider), a flirt (Hana Kimi), a nerd (Lovely Complex) all the way to a very handsome butler (Mei-Chan No Shitsuji). I really wanted to see what else he could bring. I wouldn’t mind seeing his other shows – if anyone could point me to the subbed version lol...

I think a special would be a better way to go rather than a second season. I don’t see what else they could be doing. There’s two possibility of the ending when it comes to the first season. One is Mei won and became the heiress and the second series would be based on her adventure as an heiress and this would very much led to a long repetitive storyline. Second option is that she would lose the battle and we’re back to square one; aching to kill Shiori and kicking our heads over the details on how Mei and Rihito would end up together. I could see the same motive and the same long storyline. It’s pointless. The way I see it – A movie, or an SP. Tie up everything and give them a freaking happily ever after ending already =D

lunas wrote:Getting into a little off topic, I wonder how many people can endure the horror of watching a poor character development and plotline just because their fav actor/actress starred in it, I certain cannot. As for Hiro, I am too very happy for him; with his first leading role and not doing a shabby job at it. His acting improved since his Kamen Rider days and I’m looking forward to more of his future project.
Anyone here got a chance to watch SMAPxSMAP, I watched it yesterday with Chinese sub and Hiro is very frank in there. He sure surprised the member of SMAP with his comments but it just makes him more real. When I have time, I’ll try to write up a summary for everyone to read.
Issy wrote:
lunas wrote:Anyone here got a chance to watch SMAPxSMAP, I watched it yesterday with Chinese sub and Hiro is very frank in there. He sure surprised the member of SMAP with his comments but it just makes him more real. When I have time, I’ll try to write up a summary for everyone to read.
I saw it but my nihongo is limited. please do so if you get the time. i would like to know more.
thanks in advance dear
@lunas & Issy...

What’s a SMAPxSMAP?

freelife wrote:This drama is so cute...
Hiro is so sweet... He looks great as a butler, but what can I say, he looks great as anyone... ^^ :wub:
Mei-chan is a darling as well... I loved her in Proposal Daisakusen, but never thought that she could look so young as she looks in this series...
I hate Lucia, she's freakin' evil... I remember her from the Nodame Cantabile SP in which I disliked her as well... :glare:

So, I have a little question, tomorrow the last episode will be aired? omg... and also, how long do you think it would take it to be subbed, or at least, how long did it take on the last episodes? (I've watched this series this week, so I don't really know... ) :roll
^^
Shiori (Lucia) is indeed a hateful character, but... the character the actress played in Nodame Cantabile. I quite like that character. She’s straightforward and frank with her actions and know exactly when to pull back. It was Son Rui, right? I remember the actress; Yamada Yu from her performance in Binbo Danshi as well. I’m quite impressed with her as well; she went from such a lovable character to a hateful one. Most actresses would find the transition difficult, but she did it without any hint of discomfort. If an actor could make me like them in a role and hate them in another, I consider that actor to be – very talented.

Elien wrote:@freelife: the raw should be available by wednesday morning CET and Kai will need about two three days to release subs if we don´t want him to die from undeprived sleeping ;o)
If you still want to watch it earlier, as lot of people here want, you can try viikii...
Ekkk... Sleep deprivation is definitely not good. I wouldn’t mind Kai taking his time to sub it. Hmm... Maybe I should re-watched the series and come up with a whole different set of theory while waiting.

Issy

Post by Issy » Mar 17th, '09, 11:26

@wichedvampiregirl

SMAP XSMAP is a weekly vriety show hosted by SMAP (you know, kimutaku's group) and in there they host different celerbrity each time. that particular ep had hiro. nana and takeru

ok, TODAY IS THE BIG DAY. i really hope i will be able to dl it tonight to watch. otherwise i have hard time coming to work.

Shiget^

Post by Shiget^ » Mar 17th, '09, 11:49

what date did they guest in SMAPXSMAP?

10 mins til mei-chan, i cannot believe this is the last episode :(

btw have you guys read hiro's blog entry in the mei-chan website?? he joked ask if mei-chan no shitsuji will have a SP:
http://aishitsuzukeru.livejournal.com/17154.html#cutid1

jus me

Post by jus me » Mar 17th, '09, 12:18

Issy wrote:@wichedvampiregirl

SMAP XSMAP is a weekly vriety show hosted by SMAP (you know, kimutaku's group) and in there they host different celerbrity each time. that particular ep had hiro. nana and takeru

ok, TODAY IS THE BIG DAY. i really hope i will be able to dl it tonight to watch. otherwise i have hard time coming to work.
Oh Issy, I do hope you're able to download it tonight. As for me, I'm in the process of watching this as I'm writing this. It's 2:17am Hawaii Time. I'm sure I'm going to be sleepy at work but I just couldn't miss the last episode.
It's very heart warming.

jus me

Post by jus me » Mar 17th, '09, 12:20

Oh Issy, I do hope you're able to download it tonight. As for me, I'm in the process of watching this as I'm writing this. It's 2:17am Hawaii Time. I'm sure I'm going to be sleepy at work but I just couldn't miss the last episode.
It's very heart warming.

Shiget^

Post by Shiget^ » Mar 17th, '09, 12:23

BEST LAST EPISODE EVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

EPISODE 10 SUMMARY
-recap
- then it shows mei in the room in a gown waiting for rihito to come out, everyone in class is outside waiting for them.
-rihito went out and told mei that they should go, mei embraced RIHITO (IM TELLING YOU ITS A BEAUTIFUL SCENE) rihito hugged back and mei said "promise me.."
-its in the duel site, they begin to fight of course rihito is losing because of the wound he got.
-they showed tami and his butler talking and tami said to go and that everything is for lucia-sama
-back in the duel, lucia walk to mei's side and told mei to give up and if she can bear seeing rihito in pain, she said she wont give up and that guy wont give up either, we promised, and then showed the scene awhile ago, while hugging they promise each other that no matter what happened they will not give up, and rihito says "i'm mei's butler after all.."
-then mei throws back the question to lucia if she can bear seeing her rihito getting hurt, and lucia got mad and asked shinobu to finish off rihito, and rihito is losing, the knife was point at him already, at the same time lucia holding a knife pointing at mei and ready to strike, suddenly blood came out, it was rihito's blood he's sword is pointing at lucia, while shinobu's sword strike rihito's thigh, and rihito said "please be careful with my mei-sama, she is my precious ojou-sama", inturn mei said to rihito "WIN, RIHITO (YES SHE CALLED HER BY HIS NAME) LIKE WE PROMISE" and then of course rihito answered "CERTAINLY" and suddenly became strong.
- and rihito was pronounced winner, shinobu bowed down and said everything he does is for lucia-sama but lucia-sama said theres no used anymore they lost.
-everyone rejoiced, and mei and rihito hugged each other once again, and they were shocked suddenly lucia-sama and shinobu were gone.
-mei and rihito and kento went to chase down lucia-sama and shinobu, tami was there trying to stop lucia-sama, shinobu and rose-sama then story about lucia-sama true colors, (i didnt really understand) but lucia-sama is in the room ready for a suicide, mei stopped her and got thru shinobu she was stopping lucia from her scissors, she then embraced her and told her that thanks to her she wouldnt be stronger, like thanks to her chanlleges she faced she wouldnt overcome many problems esp regarding hongo and what to fight for, she said she wanted lucia to stay by her side and the both of them cried.
-next day everyone is happy mei is the new successor and the ceremony is in days to come, (i think lucia is preparing to leave somewhere) anyways everyone is happy, mei paid natsumi a visit and they said they were happy of everything that has happened, but sad because kento is leaving for england tomorrow to study and become a s rank butler, mei was shocked and she said she didnt know.
-she went back to the school, and asked kento for herself, but at first kento didnt want to admit at the end mei got mad and mei went back to the dorm.
-in the dorm rihito comforts mei and ask her to review this book, i think its for her speech for the ceremony, and rihito excuse himself to talk to kento.
-he called her kento and asked why did he decided to go, kento said he himself didnt believe he would do such thing, but then he suddenly want to become a butler, rihito then said how he is jealous of kento how mei feeling right now like, how kento gets attention, kento said he feelings had never change and will never change.
-mei was still reviewing and she told tami to come out, since she knows shes there.
-next day was the ceremony, some people from the hongo ken arrived at mei's dorm to check on her before the ceremony.
-inturn kento was riding a heli going to the airport.
-mei arrived at the hall and begins to read the book, but then she decides to talk on her own, she decides to tell what has happened to her from her family to st lucia and what she learned, and finally she decides that she doesnt want to be the successor anymore and her and rihito escaped, all her classmates helped her escaped.
-they board the heli going to the airport.
-kento was ready to board the plane when mei and rihito stopped him, and mei said sorry for the other day, mei was about to say something but then kento stopped her and said that he will get her answer after he comes back, and bids them goodbye and rihito.
-show kintaro ojisan the twins asked what to do that mei gave up her heir, kintaro-sama said well she's my granddaughter afterall XDDD
-next scene was mei writing kento whats been happening in school:
-riika and aoyama busy making udon
-izumi is the new lucia-sama giving a hard time on the sole girls
-mikuru is now a sole all the girls are jealous.
-lucia and shinobu went to another place and happy to together.
-and mei is still ombra rank.
- and ended her letter, rihito then says its ombra not omboro, and mei says its fine.
-rihito then said like all that has happened (sorry dont know exact words) but he said that he knows that butler falling inlove with a ojou-sama is forbidden, but please keep this a secret, he then reaches for mei's chin and KISSES HER XDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD and then all her classmates came knocking and teased them and they were acting like nothing happened. LOL
THE END

I didnt see if theres something like SEE YOU SOON or something lets see on the upload tomorrow.
DONE with the summary XDDD

i feel that the last episode was kinda rushed, like they put too many things in one episode they should have extended one more episode anyways ITS THE BEST EPISODE EVER BECAUSE OF MANY REASONS XDD THE REASONS ARE IN MY SPOILER XDDD
Last edited by Shiget^ on Mar 17th, '09, 13:33, edited 4 times in total.

wickedvampiregirl

Post by wickedvampiregirl » Mar 17th, '09, 12:56

Ahhh... This is going to be hard. I feel slightly under the weather...
I wish someone would upload the show ASAP
so I can watch the non-subbed version by tomorrow...
I'm anxious as it is, to see how it would all end.
It already feel like a large chunk of me missing...
Oh well....

Issy

Post by Issy » Mar 17th, '09, 13:06

jus me wrote:

It's very heart warming.
oh, i really hope so.
I AM ALREADY DYING FROM ANTICIPATION. i have this really weird look on my face at work that everyone is wondering about.
mei and rihito hugging eachother??????????
this just killed me. i want to see that scene :crazy:

Kazen

Post by Kazen » Mar 17th, '09, 13:10

Kyaaaa! That was awesome! And, is it me or...
...did they leave that wide open for a season two? From memory...

- Gramps saying "The hard part starts now"
- Kento saying "Give me your answer when I come back"
- And then the KISS... and the admonishment to keep it under wraps

Plenty of season two fodder. I'm starting to see similarities between Kento and Hanazawa Rui... they're both the "perfect" guy for the girl but alas, it's not what the fates had in mind.

I thought it was really interesting how they showed how Mei is still torn between Kento and Rihito. I think they did a good job of it, especially when Mei confronted Kento about studying abroad in England.

"You could have at least told me!"
"What, do I need your permission?!"

And then her not knowing what to say--she wants to have him close, too. She wants to have it both ways. And we all know how that usually works out. -_^

As for the KISS... kind of disappointing in that it didn't look like Mei's heart was in it. After waiting all that time for Mei to catch up Rihito took a leap ahead and pushed her into uncomfortable territory. Baaaah.

Annnnnd we finally got Mei calling her butler "Rihito", just once during the duel. I was hoping for a second utterance but no dice.

All in all I felt that it was a good end to the season. If the series itself ends here I will be very disappointed with all these loose ends. But we'll see, I guess.

icheaven

Post by icheaven » Mar 17th, '09, 13:27

:cheers: wow it ends well ! is there any room for season two?

what did rihito said before he kiss mei-san? I'm so anxious to know (sorry I solely rely on the subs)...its so funny when the classmates interruped them again...

lunas

Post by lunas » Mar 17th, '09, 13:37

I hope I'm not going to get in trouble at work today.... :unsure:

wickedvampiregirl

Post by wickedvampiregirl » Mar 17th, '09, 13:52

Arghhh... I'm trying not to read the spoilers...
It's really tempting, just a glimpse >.<
Anyone know when the raw version's coming out? >.<

icheaven

Post by icheaven » Mar 17th, '09, 14:13

raw w/in few hours will be in youku but not hd quality on ther hand hd will be uploaded on wednesday...

icheaven

Post by icheaven » Mar 17th, '09, 14:17

in addition...RAW of episode 1o can be watched in PANDORA TV( It should be available by now since it is uploaded there fastly but just alot traffic coz of too many users) cheers!

jazztonish

Post by jazztonish » Mar 17th, '09, 14:27

thanks to Shiget^ for the summary. you're so quick!
love the ending!

And i'm trying to wait patiently for the upcoming raw!

Issy

Post by Issy » Mar 17th, '09, 14:42

Shiget^ wrote:BEST LAST EPISODE EVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

EPISODE 10 SUMMARY
-recap
- then it shows mei in the room in a gown waiting for rihito to come out, everyone in class is outside waiting for them.
-rihito went out and told mei that they should go, mei embraced RIHITO (IM TELLING YOU ITS A BEAUTIFUL SCENE) rihito hugged back and mei said "promise me.."
-its in the duel site, they begin to fight of course rihito is losing because of the wound he got.
-they showed tami and his butler talking and tami said to go and that everything is for lucia-sama
-back in the duel, lucia walk to mei's side and told mei to give up and if she can bear seeing rihito in pain, she said she wont give up and that guy wont give up either, we promised, and then showed the scene awhile ago, while hugging they promise each other that no matter what happened they will not give up, and rihito says "i'm mei's butler after all.."
-then mei throws back the question to lucia if she can bear seeing her rihito getting hurt, and lucia got mad and asked shinobu to finish off rihito, and rihito is losing, the knife was point at him already, at the same time lucia holding a knife pointing at mei and ready to strike, suddenly blood came out, it was rihito's blood he's sword is pointing at lucia, while shinobu's sword strike rihito's thigh, and rihito said "please be careful with my mei-sama, she is my precious ojou-sama", inturn mei said to rihito "WIN, RIHITO (YES SHE CALLED HER BY HIS NAME) LIKE WE PROMISE" and then of course rihito answered "CERTAINLY" and suddenly became strong.
- and rihito was pronounced winner, shinobu bowed down and said everything he does is for lucia-sama but lucia-sama said theres no used anymore they lost.
-everyone rejoiced, and mei and rihito hugged each other once again, and they were shocked suddenly lucia-sama and shinobu were gone.
-mei and rihito and kento went to chase down lucia-sama and shinobu, tami was there trying to stop lucia-sama, shinobu and rose-sama then story about lucia-sama true colors, (i didnt really understand) but lucia-sama is in the room ready for a suicide, mei stopped her and got thru shinobu she was stopping lucia from her scissors, she then embraced her and told her that thanks to her she wouldnt be stronger, like thanks to her chanlleges she faced she wouldnt overcome many problems esp regarding hongo and what to fight for, she said she wanted lucia to stay by her side and the both of them cried.
-next day everyone is happy mei is the new successor and the ceremony is in days to come, (i think lucia is preparing to leave somewhere) anyways everyone is happy, mei paid natsumi a visit and they said they were happy of everything that has happened, but sad because kento is leaving for england tomorrow to study and become a s rank butler, mei was shocked and she said she didnt know.
-she went back to the school, and asked kento for herself, but at first kento didnt want to admit at the end mei got mad and mei went back to the dorm.
-in the dorm rihito comforts mei and ask her to review this book, i think its for her speech for the ceremony, and rihito excuse himself to talk to kento.
-he called her kento and asked why did he decided to go, kento said he himself didnt believe he would do such thing, but then he suddenly want to become a butler, rihito then said how he is jealous of kento how mei feeling right now like, how kento gets attention, kento said he feelings had never change and will never change.
-mei was still reviewing and she told tami to come out, since she knows shes there.
-next day was the ceremony, some people from the hongo ken arrived at mei's dorm to check on her before the ceremony.
-inturn kento was riding a heli going to the airport.
-mei arrived at the hall and begins to read the book, but then she decides to talk on her own, she decides to tell what has happened to her from her family to st lucia and what she learned, and finally she decides that she doesnt want to be the successor anymore and her and rihito escaped, all her classmates helped her escaped.
-they board the heli going to the airport.
-kento was ready to board the plane when mei and rihito stopped him, and mei said sorry for the other day, mei was about to say something but then kento stopped her and said that he will get her answer after he comes back, and bids them goodbye and rihito.
-show kintaro ojisan the twins asked what to do that mei gave up her heir, kintaro-sama said well she's my granddaughter afterall XDDD
-next scene was mei writing kento whats been happening in school:
-riika and aoyama busy making udon
-izumi is the new lucia-sama giving a hard time on the sole girls
-mikuru is now a sole all the girls are jealous.
-lucia and shinobu went to another place and happy to together.
-and mei is still ombra rank.
- and ended her letter, rihito then says its ombra not omboro, and mei says its fine.
-rihito then said like all that has happened (sorry dont know exact words) but he said that he knows that butler falling inlove with a ojou-sama is forbidden, but please keep this a secret, he then reaches for mei's chin and KISSES HER XDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD and then all her classmates came knocking and teased them and they were acting like nothing happened. LOL
THE END

I didnt see if theres something like SEE YOU SOON or something lets see on the upload tomorrow.
DONE with the summary XDDD

i feel that the last episode was kinda rushed, like they put too many things in one episode they should have extended one more episode anyways ITS THE BEST EPISODE EVER BECAUSE OF MANY REASONS XDD THE REASONS ARE IN MY SPOILER XDDD
OH WOOOW, YOU ARE SO GREAT DEAR, THANKS FOR SUMMARY
you saved me from being in aggitation for rest of the day. i guess i will watch it on line tonight. i don't think that it would be up tonight anyway.
i just can't believe that one of my most beloved dramas came to end. but i am happy for its great ending.

icheaven

Post by icheaven » Mar 17th, '09, 16:04

@ Shiget^...thanks for the wonderful recap....yes! I feel too that this is the best episode :wub: ...sadly it came to an end...

annie_chan

Post by annie_chan » Mar 17th, '09, 16:39

I cant stand this :((

I wanna watch ep 10 now :) ... and I am smiling on my own like a crazy girl :")

I am a fan of romance anyway :")

love love love love it

(sorry for the random comment :P)

hang_1988

Post by hang_1988 » Mar 17th, '09, 16:49

Oh my goDDDDDDDDD !!!
I'm Watching it right now ... So Awesome .. Thanks for your summary .. I understand whole episode ...

hang_1988

Post by hang_1988 » Mar 17th, '09, 18:15

Finished ^___^ So awesome ... Oh I have nothing to say ...
happing ending for everybody,... maybe Kento :O Natsumi wants to study oversea, with Kento .. so she is trying... She likes Kento, of course :lol ... The kiss scene ... its so ghuuuu.. dont know wht to say .. I think I like the hugs scenes more ... Mei say she don't want to be the heir but Why she still wants to be the lady who HONGO ken. expects ...
I think, I like SHINOBU in this episode ... in the begining I'm so interested in him because of his hair, Its so like the lead role in KOIZORA ... BUt this ep makes me fell for him .. Don't know why, just like him ...Happy ending for him, too ... SHiori hold his hand ...
And RIHITO, he is so .... oh, my prince ... He became my favorite actor because of this dorama ...

wickedvampiregirl

Post by wickedvampiregirl » Mar 17th, '09, 21:29

I manage to find the raw version and watched it lol...
I can only understand a few things - but still loved it =D

I must say this though...
Izumi is SOOOOO COOL! I never knew she could fight
And how she was all sassy being the new Lucia, I'm like *jawdrop*
Still, nothing beats Daimon showing up with a bazooka!
That was SO COOOLL!! I was HELL YEAH!
It's good that all end well... Still...........
It felt rush and there's no solid ending...
It's like there's a few things left open for our imagination...
I really wonder whether there'd be a second series
Or at least an SP to just wrap it all up nicely...
I mean -- seriously! Rihito can't stay Mei's Butler!
He's in love with her as much, maybe even more,
than she is in love with him... Ahh my mind's about to explode...

The scene where they kissed is kinda strange...
It's like Mei was shocked and offended
Rather than shocked and overjoyed lol...
She should have a different expression on her face
Or at least kiss him back like she means it...
Seriously... That girl... Hai~~

Issy

Post by Issy » Mar 17th, '09, 22:06

ok nice people
you have to tell me where i can find ep 10 to watch or otheriwsie i will go insane. :goggle: :goggle: :goggle: :goggle:
help poor Issy to sleep well tonight. :pale:

lilswtangel
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by lilswtangel » Mar 17th, '09, 22:06

That was how it ended? With a kiss? ♥ XD

though, you're right... being kissed by Rihito-sama and a reaction less than happy just doesn't cut it.

If I was in Mei's shoes, I'd probably squeal before swooning[/b] fainting.

Izumi's the new "Lucia?" WOOT! I love her character so much...and Kiba too because he's just so cute *squishes his cheeks*
my blog[/size]

jerseygirl
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by jerseygirl » Mar 17th, '09, 22:15

You may be able to watch ep10 in Pandora.

http://channel.pandora.tv/channel/video ... 690&page=1

lunas

Post by lunas » Mar 17th, '09, 22:57

http://www.tudou.com/programs/view/uJzhkdG8EVE/
has commercial but load a little faster than Pandora.
@Issy - I'm like you, I have to watch it in order to be able to sleep tonight too.

Issy

Post by Issy » Mar 17th, '09, 23:49

Thank you everyone for telling me where to see
i just finished watching now.
I am Happy and Confused and Sad
Happy, because this was the one ep that contained the happy ending that i wanted and never be able to get them in lots of jdrama. i would not ask for me. those moments between mei and rihito were just perfect. i think it worthed all the wait after 9 eps.

Confused-- i really don't know why i feel confused right now. i need the sub to know if i stay confused or not. i am confused over it is ending. is it an open ending or not. when mei and kento were arguing, it seemed to be that you wanted to show mei having feeling for kento. that is why the worry look in rihito's eyes. This is can't be happening. after all the wait when we finally see her in love with rihito, she is thinking about kento?
is like she start missing and loving one whenever they leave her side.
rihito in this ep was superb. he is totally a changed man. and it is true, he seems to be more in love with mei than she is in love with him. i am kind of disappointed by mei in this ep. she still does not know what she wants. it seemed that she was shocked and angry at rihito at that last min but when everyone confronted her, her smile was a little reassuring for me.
but why i get this feeling she has not totally chosen/accepted rihito for time being? she better get him or i get him myself. :lol
i keep wondring about the reply she wanted to give him and even though i think 90% is to say she has chosen rihito but that focus on rihito's face tells me another thing. but for kento to say that give me your answer when i am back and my feeling won't change but your feeling might .
and now i am so sad because there is nothing to look forward to every tuesday. :cry:

annie_chan

Post by annie_chan » Mar 18th, '09, 00:00

thank you for the link
I skimmed through the ep and stopped to watch the kiss twice :blink and I was screaming like a 5-year-old girl having her christmas presents :whistling:

But I do think a little bit more of expression on Mei's face would do justice :P

Shiget^

Post by Shiget^ » Mar 18th, '09, 00:57

saw ep 10 in a cb but its the 1280 resolution, im waiting for the 704 resolution the cb where i get my mei-chan episodes didnt update since saturday so i figured she wont update today, so im looking at other boxes now

actually issy
yeah, i think it happened twice mei wanted to say something to kento about her feelings for him but kento just kept stopping her, i had a feeling she would say she likes him or what because they kept focusing on rihito reaction so definitely theres really something going on. but i also think they made that so that they confuse the audience they didnt want the drama to give away the ending of story since the manga isn't done yet.

also another thing the kiss, actually that was suppose to come after the dance party, in the manga rihito actually kisses mei after mei discovered rihito was lucia-sama's butler before, and also he kinda had similar line too, so when they aired that episode i thought they were gonna kiss but no they didnt, but its good they did it even in the last episode, at least my satisfied now they bid us a sweet goodbye XDDD (actually i really like the hug better tho it was such a long and sweet hug XDDD)

NOW WE NEED IS AN SP, im expecting an SP probably next year just like zettai kareshi (which is next week btw so we will still see hiro XDD)