* Title: トライアングル
* Title (English): Triangle
* Format: Renzoku
* Genre: Mystery, suspense
* Broadcast network: Fuji TV
* Broadcast period: 2009-Jan-06 start
* Air time: Tuesday 22:00

Synopsis

The series starts with the murder of a 10-year-old girl in 1984. 15 years later, after the case goes unsolved and passes the statute of limitations, a doctor named Goda Ryoji suddenly quits from his hospital and eventually becomes a detective. In 2008, he meets a traveling artist in Paris, and shortly after Goda's return to Japan, he becomes involved in the expired murder case when another detective receives an anonymous phone call.

http://wiki.d-addicts.com/Triangle

Sounds like an interesting story with some interesting actors thrown in the mix. Looking forward to the first episode.

Hirosue Ryoko was a laugh in Yasuko to Kenji.
Sasaki Kuranosuke, he is just about in every drama Japan produces.
Aibu Saki was great in Zettai Kareshi and Ushi ni Negai wo: Love & Farm
Tanihara Shosuke. He is great as a comedic actor (Mop Girl, Ryokiteki na Kanojo) but I hope he plays a serious character in this.
Inagaki Goro Goro is an average actor but because he's in SMAP that should pull some ratings figures.

:-) :thumleft:

TwilightMay

Post by TwilightMay » Nov 13th, '08, 13:38

I thought Goro was great in Asuka e, Soshite Mada Minu Ko e and Sasaki Fusai no Jingi Naki Tatakai...

In any case, I'm looking forward to this drama. I could use a good mystery story. :thumleft:

dokodemodoa

Post by dokodemodoa » Nov 14th, '08, 23:16

Eguchi Yosuke's been playing a doctor too many times.But he's a name of quality :thumleft:

For Sakai Masato, I really a fans of him in his taig dramas, looking forward to see him on a non period drama :-)

furransu
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by furransu » Nov 16th, '08, 16:02

wow nice cast.. ill definitely watch this

ryoko11

Post by ryoko11 » Nov 16th, '08, 20:16

Hooray for a winter mystery series! I'm definitely watching this one too.

The cast looks mostly great. It's gonna take a bit of psyching up to deal with Aibu Saki after Zettai Kareshi for me, so I'll just have to keep concentrating more on her role in Ushi ni Negai wo. :lol I second the hope for Tanihara Shosuke to have a serious character here. Last time I saw him in a serious role in a mystery he was incredible, so it'd be nice to see him outside the comedy roles again. Really like the rest of the cast too.

Lifo

Post by Lifo » Nov 16th, '08, 20:48

Mystery is love, it's a fact.

raven_frost

Post by raven_frost » Nov 23rd, '08, 08:18

Official website: http://ktv.jp/triangle/index.html

Filming begun at the end of last month.

MisterX

Post by MisterX » Nov 23rd, '08, 10:15

Miyake Yoshishige<----- hmmm... quality. Will have to take a look.

reynardine

Post by reynardine » Nov 28th, '08, 13:05

This drama looks good and I'm really looking forward to seeing it! Excellent cast lined up!

Lickety_Split

Post by Lickety_Split » Dec 6th, '08, 17:09

Really excited about this drama, particularly with the cast.

:wub:

raven_frost

Post by raven_frost » Dec 7th, '08, 04:28

Triangle news -

Eguchi Yosuke & Hirosue Ryoko in Paris: http://www.tudou.com/programs/view/mo-andWwSsY/

raven_frost

Post by raven_frost » Dec 7th, '08, 04:39

Other entertainment news:

The casting looks weird. Although the story sounds interesting enough.

yanie
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by yanie » Dec 7th, '08, 05:39

From a fan blog, I found out the fact that apparently Inagaki Goro's role doesn't exist in the original novel. He's Eguchi Yosuke's partner in the drama.
Reminds me of Shibasaki Kou's role in Galileo that doesnt exist in the novel too. But maybe her role was needed to add a bit of comedy and romance. Not sure why they added a male partner for Eguchi, though.

raven_frost, this is your blog? :roll
http://jdramas.wordpress.com/

Thank you for translating some of the official website contents translation there^^

Hirosue Ryoko's character is suppose to be mysterious. Since her name and looks are similar to the 10 years old girl who was suppose to be murdered 25 years ago. But after I read the characters introduction, somehow her character become not so mysterious anymore x) (the characters intro kinda explained her being)

yanie
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by yanie » Dec 30th, '08, 03:56

From Triangle Episode 0 SP.

The Characters

ImageImage

ImageImage

ImageImage

ImageImage

ImageImage

ImageImage

ImageImage

The music theme that keeps playing over and over in the Episode 0 SP, sounds alot like MAOU's music^^ I checked, and yes, apparently Maou and Triangle has the same music composer, Sawano Hiroyuki.

raven_frost

Post by raven_frost » Dec 31st, '08, 01:28

yanie wrote:From a fan blog, I found out the fact that apparently Inagaki Goro's role doesn't exist in the original novel. He's Eguchi Yosuke's partner in the drama.
Reminds me of Shibasaki Kou's role in Galileo that doesnt exist in the novel too. But maybe her role was needed to add a bit of comedy and romance. Not sure why they added a male partner for Eguchi, though.

raven_frost, this is your blog? :roll
http://jdramas.wordpress.com/

Thank you for translating some of the official website contents translation there^^

Hirosue Ryoko's character is suppose to be mysterious. Since her name and looks are similar to the 10 years old girl who was suppose to be murdered 25 years ago. But after I read the characters introduction, somehow her character become not so mysterious anymore x) (the characters intro kinda explained her being)
Yup that's me.

I think Goro's character was introduced to add more drama to the story, additional plot device to introduce conflict and angst? His character is Goda's partner and also the son of the man who was involved in the murder investigation years ago and now heads the criminal division of the MPD. I don't know if Goro can pull if off.

As for Hirosue Ryoko's character, she seemed to imply something about her identity in the CM since at the end of it she said
"Thank you for killing me."

How good this drama turns out to be probably hinges on how well it was written and the cast. I'm a bit ambivalent about this one but will watch to see how it turns out. Love mysteries.

hideko

Post by hideko » Dec 31st, '08, 04:07

Lifo wrote:Mystery is love, it's a fact.
Amen to that.

This one definitely looks interesting. Can't wait to see it!

raven_frost

Post by raven_frost » Jan 6th, '09, 07:13

The website has been updated with pictures though the content is pretty much unchanged: http://ktv.jp/triangle/index.html

This drama is being touted as the most star-studded and biggest of the season besides Tenchijin.

Lifo

Post by Lifo » Jan 6th, '09, 07:52

I checked, and yes, apparently Maou and Triangle has the same music composer, Sawano Hiroyuki.
I just love Sawano Hiroyuki! <3

yanie
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by yanie » Jan 10th, '09, 12:48

Anybody watched the pilot? It's pretty good!! Watching Eguchi Yousuke and Hirosue Ryoko together, I felt sooo natsukashi and once again think, "Yappari, senior actors and actresses are the best!!" :lol Maybe I got tired with dramas starring young idols nowadays :roll

My thoughts on Ep1:
What's the point of all this mystery if Katsuragi Sachie(Hirosue) is still alive afterall? I don't think she's really her, maybe she was adopted and changed her name :P I dont get why she came to the reunion party though x) Actually, its weird in the first place, coz who would've invite her, if all of her classmates know she's already dead? xD

And why Goda Ryoji(Eguchi) look for the evidence again? He's not the murderer right? I love his eyes acting when Kuroki Shun(Goro) kept accusing him as the murderer and that he's trying to get rid all the proofs. Goda's eyes totally say "Hmph... you are SO WRONG!" :D

I think Goda know or related to the person who called Kuroki. That's why he's looking for the proofs again.

And who did the break-in to the Popozu office and smack down Goda's classmate? I thought it was Goda at first since he seem know evrything already when his police senior told him about the case. But then there's also the possibility that Goda was just watching from below and doesn't know who the thief is?
Somehow I feel the directing and the atmosphere of this drama is similar to those from the end of 90s and the beginning of 2000s period. Is it just me? Or is it just because Eguchi and Hirosue? xD The titleback give me that feeling too.

Can't wait for more!! And I love the themesong, "Sayonara wa Iwanai" by Oda Kazumasa.

kamei91

Post by kamei91 » Jan 11th, '09, 20:22

could i know if someone will release softsub ?

because our group will translate that to Arabic ..

leesja

Post by leesja » Jan 12th, '09, 00:52

Can anyone advise me if there is a link to download the pilot (ep 0 SP)? Unfortunately, I cannot access clubbox, so MU MF etc. would be better.
I've googled it but with no luck
Many thanks

Chen Yisi

Post by Chen Yisi » Jan 12th, '09, 01:23

kamei91 wrote:could i know if someone will release softsub ?

because our group will translate that to Arabic ..
On the map I can see that Rollins may translate the drama ^^

raven_frost

Post by raven_frost » Jan 12th, '09, 02:06

yanie wrote:Anybody watched the pilot? It's pretty good!! Watching Eguchi Yousuke and Hirosue Ryoko together, I felt sooo natsukashi and once again think, "Yappari, senior actors and actresses are the best!!" :lol Maybe I got tired with dramas starring young idols nowadays :roll

My thoughts on Ep1:
What's the point of all this mystery if Katsuragi Sachie(Hirosue) is still alive afterall? I don't think she's really her, maybe she was adopted and changed her name :P I dont get why she came to the reunion party though x) Actually, its weird in the first place, coz who would've invite her, if all of her classmates know she's already dead? xD

And why Goda Ryoji(Eguchi) look for the evidence again? He's not the murderer right? I love his eyes acting when Kuroki Shun(Goro) kept accusing him as the murderer and that he's trying to get rid all the proofs. Goda's eyes totally say "Hmph... you are SO WRONG!" :D

I think Goda know or related to the person who called Kuroki. That's why he's looking for the proofs again.

And who did the break-in to the Popozu office and smack down Goda's classmate? I thought it was Goda at first since he seem know evrything already when his police senior told him about the case. But then there's also the possibility that Goda was just watching from below and doesn't know who the thief is?
Somehow I feel the directing and the atmosphere of this drama is similar to those from the end of 90s and the beginning of 2000s period. Is it just me? Or is it just because Eguchi and Hirosue? xD The titleback give me that feeling too.

Can't wait for more!! And I love the themesong, "Sayonara wa Iwanai" by Oda Kazumasa.
The first episode raised heaps of questions. I can't decide if it was a good or bad start. The acting quality wasn't consistent. And it was mostly an episode to introduce the players in the "game" with little characterisation.

The only thing I figured was that there's a delusional mother and a man battling personal demons and self-loathing (?).
Katsuragi Sachie is dead. Goda Ryoji knows that because he saw her body and he knows that Sachi is an imposter. The day he spent with her in Paris was a setup on his part where he paid off her tour guide because he was aware of her identity. But it seemed that he orchestrated her appearance at the reunion and then deliberately and very meaningfully told everyone present that she is Katsuragi Sachie.

Sachi went along with the ploy and confirmed her identity but the look she gave Ryoji promises a verbal clash between the two of them in Ep2.

He could be using her to find the real killer although Ep1 seemed to imply that Ryoji was the guilty party and he actually says in the Ep2 trailer that he killed Sachie.

fleng

Post by fleng » Jan 13th, '09, 08:19

Rollins have already released the hardsubbed for the first episode.

I'm still reeling in as to where this dorama is heading.. I was left scratching my head at the end. Well that's what you call a Mystery Dorama :P .

Anyone my favourite two actresses are in it, Ryoko and Saki :)

chokubi

Post by chokubi » Jan 14th, '09, 05:49

raven_frost wrote:...a man battling personal demons and self-loathing (?).
At this point, I think it's safe to assume that to figure out why Goda Ryoji is seemingly trying to let the cat out of the bag about himself being the culprit, despite him succeeding in hiding from the law prior to that.
yanie wrote:What's the point of all this mystery if Katsuragi Sachie(Hirosue) is still alive afterall? I don't think she's really her...
Yeah she isn't, least according to the Correlation chart on the wiki page where it says that she(30) isn't 35 as the real Katsuragi Sachie would be.

raven_frost

Post by raven_frost » Jan 14th, '09, 07:18

chokubi wrote:
raven_frost wrote:...a man battling personal demons and self-loathing (?).
At this point, I think it's safe to assume that to figure out why Goda Ryoji is seemingly trying to let the cat out of the bag about himself being the culprit, despite him succeeding in hiding from the law prior to that.
yanie wrote:What's the point of all this mystery if Katsuragi Sachie(Hirosue) is still alive afterall? I don't think she's really her...
Yeah she isn't, least according to the Correlation chart on the wiki page where it says that she(30) isn't 35 as the real Katsuragi Sachie would be.
Well, it's deliberately done to cast suspicion on him but it doesn't make sense.

Anyway more revelations to cast other suspicions abound in Ep2.

yanie
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by yanie » Jan 15th, '09, 02:29

Hmm.. after Ep2... somehow it become less interesting for me :unsure:

ZoddGuts

Post by ZoddGuts » Jan 15th, '09, 02:34

Thanks for the fansubbers for subbing this series, it turned out better then expected. I do think that:
the current Sachie is a fake also the ending song/credits shows the word "un peintre" I don't know french but I do know spanish both language are close and if the words "un peintre" sounds like the words in spanish it means "a fake/pretender"
Looking forward to the next episode.

sleepyzzz

Post by sleepyzzz » Jan 15th, '09, 04:05

Just watched episode 1! Was great! It's been a while since I've watched a drama with this level of suspense and its fairly fast paced too! The thing that really caught my attention was the music! I loved the piece they used at the closing scene where
At the school reunion, Ryoji tells the world that Hirosue is Sachie!! For a second I was thinking, geez, Hirosue doesn't need to look THAT surprised! ahaha Did you see the size of her eyes! They looked like they were about to pop out!

It's the first time I've heard of Sawano Hiroyuki's work - VERY nice! I tried looking him up but couldn't find much info. What other dramas has he worked on? (Other than Maou)

I hope they can keep this up!! I'm really looking forward to episode 2. ^_^

Rollins
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Rollins » Jan 15th, '09, 04:09

ZoddGuts wrote:
the current Sachie is a fake also the ending song/credits shows the word "un peintre" I don't know french but I do know spanish both language are close and if the words "un peintre" sounds like the words in spanish it means "a fake/pretender"
"un peintre" translates to "a painter".

quandary

Too many red herrings

Post by quandary » Jan 15th, '09, 05:46

It looks as though the writers are going to throw everything they can think of at you but the kitchen sink, all too common in Japanese dramas, IMO. Goda seems to be doing everything he can to draw attention (and suspicion) upon himself. It's so obvious that I doubt very much he's the killer. The really good murder mysteries are made by the British where red herrings (that make a little sense) are used sparingly and with subtlety that will really raise your suspicion, but this thing just bludgeons you with them.

ZoddGuts

Post by ZoddGuts » Jan 15th, '09, 06:24

Rollins wrote:
ZoddGuts wrote:
"un peintre" translates to "a painter".
Darn the french language!

yanie
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by yanie » Jan 15th, '09, 09:58

sleepyzzz wrote:It's the first time I've heard of Sawano Hiroyuki's work - VERY nice! I tried looking him up but couldn't find much info. What other dramas has he worked on? (Other than Maou)
Sawano Hiroyuki has composed music soundtracks for:

Nurse Aoi (2006, FujiTV)
Iryuu (2006, FujiTV)
Taiyou no Uta (2006, TBS)
Tokyo Tower (2007, FujiTV)
Iryuu 2 (2007, FujiTV)
Binbo Danshi (2008, FujiTV)
Hachi One Diver (2008, FujiTV)

source: japanese wikipedia

raven_frost

Post by raven_frost » Jan 16th, '09, 01:16

From Yomiuri Daily:

TELEVIEWS / Fuji offers up promising drama for 50th anniversary
Wm Penn

Fascinating but confusing, the suspense drama Triangle (Tuesdays, Fuji, 10 p.m.) is also worth watching. But the complicated, meandering plot is full of twists, turns and dead ends.

The story begins with a series of flashbacks.
Jan. 12, 1984: We see fifth-grader Sachi lying dead and a little boy, tentatively identified as Ryoji, standing over her with blood on his hands. In the next scene, his brother is helping him wash off the blood at home and telling him the statute of limitations on murder is 15 years.

Jan. 11, 1999: We see Ryoji (Yosuke Eguchi) with blood on his hands again. He is a surgeon but when the clock strikes midnight, he walks out of the hospital. Next, it is 10 years later and he is an Interpol officer. He is shown approaching Japanese artist Sachi(Ryoko Hirosue), pretending to be a guide offering to show her around Paris. She takes a liking to him and he predicts they'll meet again.

Finally, the story returns to the present. He is back in Japan for training. He's chosen the police station in his old neighborhood that handled the unsolved Sachie murder case 25 years earlier. Shun (Goro Inagaki), the initial investigator's son, works there now. On the day Ryoji arrives, Shun gets an anonymous call piquing his interest in the old case. He begins sniffing about and suspects Ryoji is involved.

Meanwhile, Ryoji is meeting with old classmates. One has written a book on the case. Ryoji wants to read it, but is not granted access to the manuscript, which then immediately goes missing.

Episode 1 ended with a class reunion. In walks Hirosue. Everyone wonders who she is, but Ryoji knows. He goes up to her and calls her Sachie. At the same time, Shun is interviewing Sachie's mother, who also claims that Sachie is not dead. In Episode 2, we learn the artist is an Osaka orphan adopted to take Sachie's place and the manuscript robbery was faked. Then, Ryoji is stabbed protecting Sachi. Yes, definitely confusing but fascinating.

tavon1

Post by tavon1 » Jan 16th, '09, 05:01

I think their is something move to this story though. The main character is the (i think murderer). But why did they replace her.? I think the main character is looking for something in that case. It's more to that case then it looks

chokubi

Post by chokubi » Jan 21st, '09, 09:05

Well, with the introduction of Shimano Takaya in ep2, things are starting to make a little more sense now. However every other thing is still pretty much in the air and will probably settle down with more new characters appearing in the storyline.
At this point, I can say that Goda Ryoji isn't the culprit anymore.
PS:
OST's great man, gonna check it out for sure (when it comes out).

ZoddGuts

Post by ZoddGuts » Jan 21st, '09, 09:53

I also think that Goda:
Ins't the killer, I think he blames himself that she died. It looks like he knew that something bad may happen to sachi but wasn't able to stop it and feels guilty about it plus he was the first person to find her dead giving him even more guilt about not being able to stop her death. So he feels that he "killed" her by not helping her when he could have.

1shinigami0

Post by 1shinigami0 » Jan 22nd, '09, 10:04

But the question remains, why did he wait for the statute of limitations to run out to drop medicine and look for her murderer?

ZoddGuts

Post by ZoddGuts » Jan 22nd, '09, 11:21

He was probably thinking/hoping the police may find the murderer but when the statue of limitations ran out it was the last straw for him he decided to give up he's current carrer and find the murderer himself. And when he finds the person well...

fleng

Post by fleng » Jan 22nd, '09, 16:10

sachie could have been killed by her dad, whom loved molesting/rape her
im just guessing :0

Rikayla

Post by Rikayla » Jan 25th, '09, 15:25

Oh my God. The music is so intense. When Sachi was all "thanks for killing me", there was this super intense insert of drums and guitars and everything, and wow. So amazing.

And I realized why this drama reminded me so much of Ashita no Kita Yoshio, they're by the same director! Well, one of the same directors anyways.
Yui.
Yui?
You met my sister right?
Ah, Yui-chan.
Kuro-chan.
Kuroki desu!
LOLOL.
Have you seen "Lupin"?
Ah. FUJIKO-CHANNNN~~
Oh. That was pretty good.
*DIESSSS* LOL.

Kohinata Fumiyo is amazing, for serious. <3

chokubi

Post by chokubi » Jan 25th, '09, 18:59

Rikayla wrote:
Yui.
Yui?
You met my sister right?
Ah, Yui-chan.
Kuro-chan.
Kuroki desu!
I giggled at that part too. :mrgreen:

Machihxh

Post by Machihxh » Jan 29th, '09, 08:31

raven_frost wrote:From Yomiuri Daily:

TELEVIEWS / Fuji offers up promising drama for 50th anniversary
Wm Penn

Fascinating but confusing, the suspense drama Triangle (Tuesdays, Fuji, 10 p.m.) is also worth watching. But the complicated, meandering plot is full of twists, turns and dead ends.

The story begins with a series of flashbacks.
Jan. 12, 1984: We see fifth-grader Sachi lying dead and a little boy, tentatively identified as Ryoji, standing over her with blood on his hands. In the next scene, his brother is helping him wash off the blood at home and telling him the statute of limitations on murder is 15 years.

Jan. 11, 1999: We see Ryoji (Yosuke Eguchi) with blood on his hands again. He is a surgeon but when the clock strikes midnight, he walks out of the hospital. Next, it is 10 years later and he is an Interpol officer. He is shown approaching Japanese artist Sachi(Ryoko Hirosue), pretending to be a guide offering to show her around Paris. She takes a liking to him and he predicts they'll meet again.

Finally, the story returns to the present. He is back in Japan for training. He's chosen the police station in his old neighborhood that handled the unsolved Sachie murder case 25 years earlier. Shun (Goro Inagaki), the initial investigator's son, works there now. On the day Ryoji arrives, Shun gets an anonymous call piquing his interest in the old case. He begins sniffing about and suspects Ryoji is involved.

Meanwhile, Ryoji is meeting with old classmates. One has written a book on the case. Ryoji wants to read it, but is not granted access to the manuscript, which then immediately goes missing.

Episode 1 ended with a class reunion. In walks Hirosue. Everyone wonders who she is, but Ryoji knows. He goes up to her and calls her Sachie. At the same time, Shun is interviewing Sachie's mother, who also claims that Sachie is not dead. In Episode 2, we learn the artist is an Osaka orphan adopted to take Sachie's place and the manuscript robbery was faked. Then, Ryoji is stabbed protecting Sachi. Yes, definitely confusing but fascinating.
When you said "In the next scene, his brother is helping him wash off the blood at home and telling him the statute of limitations on murder is 15 years" do you mean Goda Ryoji's 'brother'? I thought that he only had a sister; Goda Yui? At first I also thought that it might be his brother but in the credits and on the correlation chart it doesn't show him as having a brother? Perhaps he's just using that term oniichan as a older 'brother' friend figure? In the beginning of the 3rd episode before he awakens from the hospital bed he says either 'oniichan' or 'oneichan' in his flashbacks to the other boy he was talking to? I'm pretty sure it's oniichan but when he said that I was confused all over again. Who do you guys think that guy was that he was referring to as oniichan? Is it possibly Tomioka Yasushi or Akimoto Ryo? :scratch:

Kazuya_

Post by Kazuya_ » Jan 29th, '09, 08:37

It's revealed early on that Goda had an older brother who died. His name is inscribed on the family grave marker along with his parents. This is not connected to the plot so there's no reason to have it included on the correlation chart.

Machihxh

Post by Machihxh » Jan 29th, '09, 09:33

Kazuya_ wrote:It's revealed early on that Goda had an older brother who died. His name is inscribed on the family grave marker along with his parents. This is not connected to the plot so there's no reason to have it included on the correlation chart.
Ah, okay thankyou for the clarification :D :cheers: . I guess I didn't pay attention to the family grave :-( . I'm gonna re-watch that part again. So the person that Goda was talking to in the flashbacks was in fact his brother, but he died somehow? They didn't mention any other details regarding his death so far did they? Hopefully I didn't miss that as well.. :scratch:

emilytall

Post by emilytall » Jan 29th, '09, 14:28

Thank you for sharing. Great cast and intriguing storyline make a good drama. :salut:

chokubi

Post by chokubi » Jan 29th, '09, 19:34

Machihxh wrote:They didn't mention any other details regarding his death so far did they? Hopefully I didn't miss that as well.. :scratch:
Episode 2, 31:48 - 32:16.

Also,
They finally revealed (at the start of ep3) that Goda Ryoji isn't the murderer.

mikkichan

Post by mikkichan » Jan 30th, '09, 20:47

I'm glad I'm not the only one who absolutely LOOOVEEE the OST in this drama. I think the music really intensify this drama up a notch. At first I had little expectation of this drama, but now I'm completely hooked. Excellent casts + great storyline + phenominal OST = Triangle

Oooh, I didn't expect to feel like this at first but Goda and Kuroki are just too cute. I love it when they call each other "Goda-chan" and "Kurosuke" LOL Those two...

Rikayla

Post by Rikayla » Jan 30th, '09, 22:30

This drama is seriously EPIC. It reminds me of Ashita no Kita Yoshio so much. (If you guys haven't seen that drama yet, you need to go watch it!) The soundtrack for this drama is amazing, and all the characters are just so interesting. They all have their mysterious backgrounds and you can't help but wish they would just spill it all out, but instead, like Kita Yoshio, they only let out a little bit of the plot each time, so it's this continual cliffhanger something. Keeps going higher and higher towards the climax. Also similar to Kita Yoshio, Kohinata Fumiyo is just adorable. He's wide-eyed expressions makes me lol.

This is getting more and more interesting...
Who's the guy with the birthmark?! :O

avieamber
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by avieamber » Jan 31st, '09, 01:57

^ i agree that it's got continuous cliff-hanger that pushes you to the edge~ love the mystery and suspense! And Goda Ryoji is so lovable with his CONFIDENCE! I just finished 2nd epi and the ending scene is :thumleft:

ZoddGuts

Post by ZoddGuts » Jan 31st, '09, 06:09

Rikayla wrote:
Who's the guy with the birthmark?! :O
Gonna guess he's
Sachi's real father the one that died I mean not the raplacement Sachi. Which would explain why he was following her to get to see her. Sachi's mother may have had an affair with the guy and when later when Sachi's father the one that raised her found out it wasn't her daughter he had her daughter killed? Once that happened he had her replace and left. I found it odd that he left so soon after he had adopted the fake Sachi. And the fact he's having that rich guy making sure that any evidence of the murder is disposed of like the letter which he burned.
Anyways yeah great show, really enjoying it including the ost. Love Goda's and Kuroki's "playful" interaction with each other. I also recommend Ashita no Kita Yoshio enjoyed that drama.

Machihxh

Post by Machihxh » Jan 31st, '09, 11:21

chokubi wrote:
Machihxh wrote:They didn't mention any other details regarding his death so far did they? Hopefully I didn't miss that as well.. :scratch:
Episode 2, 31:48 - 32:16.

Also,
They finally revealed (at the start of ep3) that Goda Ryoji isn't the murderer.
Thankyou very much for letting me know, Chokubi. I can't believe I missed that part :crazy: I just watched that part again and now I understand. [spoiler]Yeah I figured out from quite early on that Ryoji couldn't be the killer.[/spoiler] ZoddGuts, [spoiler]So your guess is that the guy with the birthmark on his face was the real Sachie's father? The one who was killed? I think that what you're saying might actually be right :D Hopefully we'll find out soon![/spoiler]

TabooxNightmare

Post by TabooxNightmare » Feb 3rd, '09, 21:51

Wasn't it pretty obvious
that Goda wasn't the murderer? I mean, ever since his reactions in episode two it's pretty clear that it couldn't have been him, and all the flashbacks in episode three, too.
I think the great thing about this dramam besides the obvious is that for a while you can still suspect everyone and no one, which makes it stay so interesting.

raven_frost

Post by raven_frost » Feb 4th, '09, 03:31

It looks like a case of going round senselessly in circles with someone adamant on pinning the blame on the person who'd make the least logical suspect.

And perhaps Shimano is acquainted with Akimoto, Ryoji's classmate, who appeared for a brief moment at the reunion. Shanghai connection?!?!?!?

mikkichan

Post by mikkichan » Feb 4th, '09, 04:17

raven_frost wrote:It looks like a case of going round senselessly in circles with someone adamant on pinning the blame on the person who'd make the least logical suspect.

And perhaps Shimano is acquainted with Akimoto, Ryoji's classmate, who appeared for a brief moment at the reunion. Shanghai connection?!?!?!?
Possibly, everyone seems to be connected to one another somehow. And their relationship is reveal one by one, that's the beauty of this drama. I just finish watching Ep 4, and boys isn't time fly when I watch this drama or not? Cuz I swear an episode just went by so fast. And I absolutely love those GodaXSachi moment, touching but funny at the same time and the part where Yui hits Kuroki on the head LOL, hilarious (not sure if this is consider spoiler or not).

kevkaho

Post by kevkaho » Feb 4th, '09, 04:30

this show is full of surprises... and the way they make the story turns round and round leaves u on the edge of ur seats... looking forward to seeing EP 5...

seirin
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by seirin » Feb 4th, '09, 22:39

Here's some possibilities I thought about after episode 4's revelation
* we know the killer or person covering it up has power and status. (all relates to the dad)

1) The mom had an affair, the daughter found out about it. The mom wanted to break up with the guy before her husband found out. The guy killed Sachie to shut her up. But the mom went crazy. This option doesn't make too much sense why the cop won't catch him unless it's to cover up the affair.

2) The mom had an affair and the daughter doesn't belong to her husband. Husband got mad and killed the daughter by accident. The mom feels regret and blames herself for the death.

3) The husband had an affair and the child sachi is his daughter. Sachie is the mom's child from her affair or second marriage. He tried to get rid of sachie so they could adopt Sachi? Sounds kind of crazy. (We don't know who sachi's real parents are)

4) All the above hypothesis are completely off and they don't introduce the killer until the last 2 episode. Just to throw everyone out of whack and say WTH at the end.

About the brother telling Ryoji not to do anything until after the statute of limitations. It might be cause he's afraid Ryoji might get framed for knowing something? So if he wants to bring out the culprit wait until 15 years after, at least he won't have to go to jail if it backfires on him.

I like how they tie into place the pain Ryoji and Sachi shares. Ryoji lived his life for his brother but finally quit after the statute of limitations. Now he wants to help Sachi cuz he knows how it's like to live a life as someone else. They keep throwing in curve balls to make it look like Ryoji is against Sachi by announcing to everyone Sachi is adopted and trying to make the mom realize that too. But he seems to be helping her instead to get her own identity back.

I also think you realize Ryoji isn't the killer way back. After the first few minutes of suspecting him cuz they only showed his bloody hands. But when they showed him working for interpol for 10 years after the 15 yrs has passed, you kind of wonder why. And then he went back to Japan as well. Why go through so much trouble of getting into interpol since the statute of limitation passed. They can't charge him anyway even if he did kill the girl. He should have done it within the 15 yrs if he wanted to get rid of the evidence. Getting rid of evidence after 15 years is useless. And after the flashbacks of him and the girl, you kind of guess he likes her. So you can guess why he joined interpol by episode 2.

I suspect the news article reporter is the crank caller who kept calling the police to investigate the murder. Seems like both Kuroki and his dad got the calls to re-investigate. I kind of suspect if he called the mom to look for the letter too. Seems he really wants his book to get published and sell like hot cakes. He probably wants to find out who the murderer is so he can complete his book

celticmoon

Post by celticmoon » Feb 5th, '09, 08:08

Just watched episode 5. The suspense is killing me!

mikkichan

Post by mikkichan » Feb 5th, '09, 17:41

I'm not sure if I can ask it here but does anybody have the kanji lyric for the song at the end?

Rollins
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Rollins » Feb 5th, '09, 18:14

This honestly *just* appeared on YouTube right now.

It's got the kanji lyrics as subtitles too.

chokubi

Post by chokubi » Feb 5th, '09, 18:24

With 10 views, it sure did! A nice find there, Rollins. :thumleft:

mikkichan

Post by mikkichan » Feb 5th, '09, 18:44

Thank you so much Rollins <33 And what a coincidence ^_^

kevkaho

Post by kevkaho » Feb 5th, '09, 19:05

Rollins wrote:This honestly *just* appeared on YouTube right now.

It's got the kanji lyrics as subtitles too.

this is the mp3 that i found for everyone who likes this song..

sayonara wa iwanai mp3

enjoy the download...

Note: mp3 at 192 kps.. sound quality good.. seems like live version.. not too sure wait for u guys to give feedback.. official release date in Japan is 25th Feb 2009.. as a single with instrumental track of the same song included..

Machihxh

Post by Machihxh » Feb 7th, '09, 09:00

Ep. 5 was really good, I can't wait to see 6. :-) [spoiler]Anyone have any ideas as to who killed Shindo? At first I thought it might have been Sachie's mother but I don't think it is her. I wonder if Kuroki's dad; Kuroki Shinzo might have done it as he did go to see Goda's sister and it just so happens that the disposed body was in Goda's sister's car, hmm.... Also, Shindo told Sachi that he was going to be gone from Tokyo but before that he wanted to see someone one more time. Was he referring to seeing Sachie's mother once more? Then when Sachi told the mother of what Shindo told her, she said "yurusenai" so she wouldn't allow it? This suspense and unanswered questions are :scratch: me. What's everyone else's take on this episode?[/spoiler]

ZoddGuts

Post by ZoddGuts » Feb 7th, '09, 13:31

Hmm wonder if Ryoji and Sachi will get together they seem to be getting closer to each other but it be hard for Sachi that he may be looking at her as Sachie and not as Sachi.

seirin
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by seirin » Feb 7th, '09, 18:08

yurusenai means unforgivable I think.

fleng

Post by fleng » Feb 12th, '09, 14:24

This dorama is awesome, keeps me guessing even in Episode 5, Lol its like the movie/game where everyone is stuck in a house and people are getting killed and its like "WhoDunnit?"

Awesome show.

garnet07

Post by garnet07 » Feb 13th, '09, 08:37

Just finished watching ep5 and YES I'm still stumped and was scared that maybe there was a bomb in the sister's car but thank god there wasn't. Still that was shocking.
I love the suspense and intensity of this drama. I mean I thought it's gonna be another easy to solve murder case, but even at ep 5 I still dont know who did it though I do have speculations about the daddy cop. He maybe got paid or something or maybe he's totally involved in the murder. What I don't get is why was the one murdered a little girl? Did she saw something she shouldn't have seen?

What's more to love about this drama besides the story is the acting and music. Veteran actors are the way to go and the music only intensifies the suspense and mysteriousness overall. Thanks Rollins for picking such a good drama to sub.

Somehow I'm not loving that many Jdramas this season. :scratch:

avieamber
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by avieamber » Feb 14th, '09, 14:33

yes i agree, at first around ep4 i thought they were dragging it a bit and i got a bit bored, coz it's like getting nowhere near the murderer...then after watching ep5, especially the ending, that was like a comeback of the suspense. Great job there. I'm luvin this drama more and more.

Oh and around the middle part, they played this new song, it's great! I can't wait for the OST. :wub:

Dashling

Post by Dashling » Feb 15th, '09, 14:02

FYI, Eguchi Yosuke and Hirosue Ryoko will be the Bistro guests on tomorrow's SMAPxSMAP. :D

I am loving this drama so far! Fantastic production values and lots of interesting twists, but not to the point of absurdity. And I'm looking forward to the OST, too. The song in Ep 5 sounds like it was sung by the same person who sang "Aesthetic" in Iryu.

Machihxh

Post by Machihxh » Feb 16th, '09, 07:37

After watching Ep 6 [spoiler]It looks like Akimoto Ryo might be a person of interest in what happened 25 years ago. Also I think there is definitely something going on between Katsuragi Hitoshi and Kuroki Shinzo. Perhaps all three of them are working together? Also in Ep 6 we learn that Shimano Takaya's younger sister is actually Sachi. We also know that Sachi's "mother" didn't tell Sachi everything as she said to Katsuragi Hitoshi that she didn't tell her things about him. Hmm... I wonder what the mother knows about her husband that she didn't tell Sachi about. Must be something big. In the previews for Ep 7, it looks like someone killed Sachi's brother. :O It's still a mystery as to who is actually involved in all of this but one thing's for sure, someone who holds great power and authority is probably the mastermind in all of this. [/spoiler]

Rikayla

Post by Rikayla » Feb 21st, '09, 22:50

Machihxh... I was seriously this close to reading your spoilers. I had the spoiler tab opened and everything before going, "WTF AM I DOING!!!" So I closed it. :3

Man. There are so many theories about this drama. I don't even know what to think anymore, gosh, but I gotta say, Yui's appearances in the past couple episodes are so refreshing. Everytime I see Saki Aibu's angst-less relaxed expressions, I feel refreshed, lol. But now that she's dragged into this whole mess too. >____> I'm going to be looking forward to Kohinata Fumiyo's expressions instead, lmao.

Spoilers for episode 5:
I totally LOLed when Kohinata Fumiyo was about the rip the certificate award but didn't, and then Goda called him, "Marusuke!" AHAHAHA. <33

But that entire scene when Kohinata turned around after receiving the award and then saw Goda standing there. I think I held my breath during that because gosh, that entire scene was so epic. Especially when Kuroki gave that intense meaningful look to his father. I wanted to throw party confetti to celebrate, lmao.

Or what about the part when Kuroki's father came into the restaurant, interrupting the investigation between Marusuke and the old cop colleague? That was so intense too. D:

Alsoooo, did anyone remember how Shanghai was mentioned again after Sasaki Kuranosuke said he was going to China for a business trip? That was totally weird too. Or I might be thinking too much.
I have a feeling Sasaki Kuranosuke will make a comeback appearance soon. Or else his role is too much of a waste. D:

Thanks so much, Rollins, for subbing this drama! <33

EDIT

AHHHHHH I WAS RIGHT!!!! (Episode 6 spoilers.)
I was right in my previous episode 5 spoilers!! I KNEWWWWW SASAKI KURANOSUKE WAS GOING TO MAKE A COMEBACK. AHAHAHAHAHAHA. AND I KNEW SHANGHAI WAS INVOLVED SOMEHOW!! AHAHAHA

And I also guessed that the rich dude was actually Sachi's older brother somehow, but then again, I guessed that way back near the beginning of the drama when he originally popped up with his letter burning thing.

BUT AHHH I WAS RIGHT. I WAS RIGHT. I WAS RIGHT.

Can't wait for Kuranosuke to come back. He has such interesting acting. <333 Love his expressions, rofl.

lollercopter

Post by lollercopter » Feb 23rd, '09, 03:33

How come the characters always say "the murder 25 years ago"? I'm sure everyone knows what you're referring to if you just say "the murder." Is this some quirk of the Japanese language?

fleng

Post by fleng » Feb 24th, '09, 13:56

lollercopter wrote:How come the characters always say "the murder 25 years ago"? I'm sure everyone knows what you're referring to if you just say "the murder." Is this some quirk of the Japanese language?
Because that murder is called "the murder 25 years ago" . "Murder" is just to simple and non interesting.. unlike MURDER FROM 25 YEARS AGO.

Post by 1111 » Feb 26th, '09, 16:21

God, This drama probably is the best drama ever since a long time ago.

The OST is the best OST I've ever heard so far, Its AMAZING. btw, the OST was released yesterday, did anyone found a link to it, cuz I've been searching for it like crazy.