Login Issue? Delete D-addicts cookie from your browser settings and login again.

[Discussion]GiraGira

Discuss Japanese drama series here.
LancerReiNi

Post by LancerReiNi » Nov 3rd, '08, 05:43

VerusMaya II wrote:Ep 2 can't possibly be Eagle's last ep... :( They gave him so much depth in such a small amount of time, and then they just write him off?
I didn't quite see that in "Eagle"'s character. I found him to be rather obnoxious. Granted this is the way his character is supposed to be portrayed but I cringed every time he had a part in the show. If I were playing the lead, I'd probably would have beaten his teeth in to shut him up. I absolutely hate arrogant punks.

MochaValencia

Post by MochaValencia » Nov 4th, '08, 10:21

@hazelkenro: I've PM'd you my screenshots. I got carried away with episode 3. :P

Anyone else interested in screenies? :D
raven_frost wrote:Me too! She is so cute. My highlight of the show. The hosts are quite a turnoff for me.
Tabe Mikako perhaps? The one who acted as Yasuko in Yasuko to Kenji?
At first I was thinking Nana Eikura (eyes.. especially in Hitomi). I've only seen Mikako Tabe with short hair in Hinokio, hmm, maybe the shape of the face? Anyway, I hope this kid stays around (and stays cute for that matter :lol)...whatever her name is...
raven_frost wrote: Those wondering what will happen to Abe Tsuyoshi's character
He survives the stab to his chest and decides to head to Osaka to start afresh as a host which leaves the possibility of his return in later episodes.
I do hope he returns. Maybe toward the end. We'll see
Just being random (again):
I knew they would snap eventually, but not this soon! Will they ever live this down?! :lol Like I said, a weird bunch... :lol
And looks like we'll have a comedy duo starting next episode. :roll

Ryuuta

Post by Ryuuta » Nov 4th, '08, 12:55

watched episode 1+2 yesterday
I love this series!!
but I'm sad because of Eagle (Igarashi) :-(
he was one of some reasons why I wanted to watch this and now...
but I think that Eagle feel a lot better with his girlfriend now than as a host and that is what make me more happy than sad ^_^

and now I'm looking forward to the next episodes (waiting for subs for 3+4 before watch)

Edit: I looked at Igarashis Infosite at watanabepro and the info about GiraGira sais that he will be only guest

2008年10月スタート 「ギラギラ」
テレビ朝日系 金/21:00~  ※ゲスト出演

ca. like this:
October 2008 GiraGira start
TV Asahi 21:00 / 9 P.M. *guest performance

hazelkenro
Location: Mocomichi Hayami,Teppei Koike and Wentz Eiji Paradise

Post by hazelkenro » Nov 4th, '08, 20:08

Oh my Gawd!MochaThanks for the Caps!!!Miura He so Adorable!!!

Now i know What you telling about!!I think he is the Sidekick!!!hehehe!!!! :cheers:

toyotaku

Post by toyotaku » Nov 7th, '08, 03:06

Okay, how ironic is this??? I had to read the headline a couple of times and then click on the article just to make sure it wasn't really what I thought of at first glance.

Yahoo! News headline:
'Girls Next Door' co-star engaged to an Eagle

Of course, it had nothing to do with the GiraGira OP artist GIRL NEXT DOOR becoming engaged to "Eagle," but it was a funny coincidence. :D

MochaValencia

Post by MochaValencia » Nov 7th, '08, 14:58

@toyotaku: Yeah, I saw that too. I was a bit puzzled when that headline popped up after I logged in to Yahoo Messenger, then there, I remembered. Ironic and weird. :lol

@hazelkenro: You're welcome!

Some comments about episode 3:
I thought Kohei was hiding the fact that he's married? I have no idea if he's confided in anybody, but what did Shoji and Hideyoshi say about the ring?

And if he's hiding his being a host from Momoko, should he really be walking around in broad daylight wearing that black ensemble? One of Momoko's friends might see him. And speaking of Momoko's friends (those other moms), they make Momoko look like an overgrown teenager. :blink

Secret lives are so complicated. :lol
And as for the episode 5 preview:
Kohei and Momoko outside Rink!? Ooh, and it would happen on the night when I'm 90% sure that I won't be able to watch it live. I'd have to be extra patient next week. :roll Interesting...

fujitak

Giragira Jonetsu no Daisho-Girl Next Door

Post by fujitak » Nov 23rd, '08, 12:34

Giragira opening song by Girl Next Door. Surely another best single in Japon top rating song.
http://www.megaupload.com/fr/?d=QE634LRA

phlongforn

Post by phlongforn » Nov 25th, '08, 18:33

I'm wondering how realistic is the dedication of the hosts to caring for the customers -- "taking away their cares/hurts" is the phrase I think I saw/heard.
What I'm getting at is if this is indeed part of the very serious attitude of providing the best possible service to okyakusan. At least in this show, their attitude makes me think of the "serieux" attitude of French service personnel.
I'm in the US and the premises in the show seem utterly alien.

hazelkenro

Post by hazelkenro » Dec 2nd, '08, 21:06

This Drama is end-up this Friday wahhhh its so fast since they Started last October

hazelkenro

Post by hazelkenro » Dec 12th, '08, 05:02

childermass

Post by childermass » Dec 16th, '08, 06:48

phlongforn wrote:I'm wondering how realistic is the dedication of the hosts to caring for the customers -- "taking away their cares/hurts" is the phrase I think I saw/heard.
What I'm getting at is if this is indeed part of the very serious attitude of providing the best possible service to okyakusan. At least in this show, their attitude makes me think of the "serieux" attitude of French service personnel.
I'm in the US and the premises in the show seem utterly alien.
Well, it's not as wholesome as it is portrayed in the drama. The concept of "service" in host clubs has socio-cultural underpinnings and its prevalence in Japan makes it an interesting phenomenon. It's a complex business. Try to check out the documentary "The Great Happiness Space", it's very informative.