[DISCUSSION] Real Clothes

Discuss Japanese drama series here.
Post Reply
Pandemonium
Posts: 143
Joined: Jul 29th, '06, 14:49
Location: Melbourne, VIC

[DISCUSSION] Real Clothes

Post by Pandemonium » Sep 17th, '08, 01:03

I was watching a bit of this on フジテレビ last night and I thought it was an excellent drama. I'd watch it over Gossip Girl or something.

Is anyone going to provide the RAWs/SUBS?

http://wiki.d-addicts.com/Real_Clothes

User avatar
atskv9
Posts: 730
Joined: Aug 6th, '07, 00:09

Post by atskv9 » Sep 17th, '08, 22:17

Real Clothes is available for download on the tracker in the 1280 version http://www.d-addicts.com/forum/viewtopic_65444.htm
No clue if someone plans to sub it

User avatar
j_halo7
Posts: 374
Joined: Feb 16th, '07, 06:04
Location: Singapore

Post by j_halo7 » Sep 19th, '08, 07:59

i hope someone subs it cuz it sounds nice. specials are always overlooked by subbers. ):
Now watching: Too many to count. XD

auroragb
Posts: 1138
Joined: Aug 30th, '05, 15:16

Post by auroragb » Oct 17th, '09, 16:48

I thought the new series is a new season, but it looks like a remake...
Jdrama Chinese fansub index 2006 | 2007

User avatar
rickt
Posts: 171
Joined: Apr 24th, '06, 15:28

Post by rickt » Oct 17th, '09, 17:53

@auroragb: what do you mean a remake?

I've watched the SP raw since there was no subtitle available. to my surprise it was pretty easy to understand. I'm just curious how they'd continue the story after that ending.

mannie511
Posts: 37
Joined: Dec 11th, '06, 01:05
Location: Canada

Post by mannie511 » Oct 17th, '09, 18:48

^ basically, starting the story from the beginning...

it is not a continuation of the SP.

auroragb
Posts: 1138
Joined: Aug 30th, '05, 15:16

Post by auroragb » Oct 18th, '09, 03:45

I thought the premise was rather compelling. And since it was a tanpatsu, the pacing is quite tight. I was hoping that this would take it to the next level whee the student becomes the challenger or something. I hope that this doesn't become the reverse of most series which gets an SP which gets a little bit of continuation and become a 10-11 ep series which covers just the main plot of the SP and only a little continuation.

I hope they spend half the series or less covering the tanpatsu and take it beyond because I think they have good chemistry
Jdrama Chinese fansub index 2006 | 2007

User avatar
tUrtleAE86
Posts: 107
Joined: Jul 31st, '04, 15:56
Location: Nagoya, Japan
Contact:

Louis Vuitton, Harajuku

Post by tUrtleAE86 » Nov 1st, '09, 11:13

In Ep2, there's a short scene with Amano-san looking at herself in the window of the Louis Vuitton store in Harajuku.

Actually, I took a picture of that storefront during the summer. I really like it...

Image
(I'm known as bframe5 on flickr)
Attachments
vlcsnap-2009-11-01-12h07m53s77_s.jpg
vlcsnap-2009-11-01-12h07m53s77_s.jpg (196.77 KiB) Viewed 1415 times
Image

Dir.en.Rei
Posts: 23
Joined: Feb 3rd, '07, 00:23
Location: Sydney, Australia

Post by Dir.en.Rei » Nov 4th, '09, 01:17

that storefront is amazing~ so pretty~ LV is much more subdued in Australia ^it matches Harujuku.

kaiservonjapan
Posts: 10
Joined: Aug 24th, '09, 11:57

Post by kaiservonjapan » Nov 15th, '09, 21:43

I like the series - BUT I think the main part was cast wrong because Karina looks just like trying too hard to be "ugly" which just dosn't fit her.

And it's kind of boring to watch the drama when you have seen the SP because everything is just repeated . . . .

User avatar
chokubi
Posts: 315
Joined: Dec 6th, '06, 15:38

Post by chokubi » Nov 17th, '09, 06:13

I'll 2nd that and say that Jinbo Miki turned out to be the only interesting character worth watching in this show.

wmcnair370
Posts: 385
Joined: Mar 17th, '09, 00:52
Location: Chicago

Post by wmcnair370 » Nov 17th, '09, 17:52

kaiservonjapan wrote:And it's kind of boring to watch the drama when you have seen the SP because everything is just repeated . . . .
You are kidding me right? There is much more character development in the dorama, a characters that I don't think were ever in it. Personally I think the dorama is way better than the SP.

User avatar
Manatsu
Fansubber
Fansubber
Posts: 301
Joined: Sep 10th, '06, 18:36
Location: none of your business.

Post by Manatsu » Nov 17th, '09, 19:31

kaiservonjapan wrote:I like the series - BUT I think the main part was cast wrong because Karina looks just like trying too hard to be "ugly" which just dosn't fit her.

And it's kind of boring to watch the drama when you have seen the SP because everything is just repeated . . . .
It's got NOTHING to do with looking ugly. She is supposed to have an horrendous taste in fashion, not to look ugly overall (AFAIK she was only called "uncool" by some people, but NEVER "ugly"). Did you even read the synopsis? If Karina had been given the task to look ugly and retarded, you'd have noticed that (assumingly you've watched Daisuki!!). The drama itself is about complacency and fashion.

wmcnair370
Posts: 385
Joined: Mar 17th, '09, 00:52
Location: Chicago

Post by wmcnair370 » Nov 17th, '09, 20:08

Which is what we call her in our sub, uncool. You could also call her unsophisticated but she is the 20 something on TLC's What Not To Wear that doesn't know how to dress, and just wears whatever is in the closet that is comfortable, and then is helped to discover fashion.

User avatar
Manatsu
Fansubber
Fansubber
Posts: 301
Joined: Sep 10th, '06, 18:36
Location: none of your business.

Post by Manatsu » Nov 17th, '09, 22:48

wmcnair370 wrote:Which is what we call her in our sub, uncool. You could also call her unsophisticated but she is the 20 something on TLC's What Not To Wear that doesn't know how to dress, and just wears whatever is in the closet that is comfortable, and then is helped to discover fashion.
Yup, at the end of episode 2 she asks for guidance and pretty much turns from "uncool" to "cool". Some must of course watch the show in order to understand what's going on there. I don't get why there are people who watch the pilot and jump to conclusions.

wmcnair370
Posts: 385
Joined: Mar 17th, '09, 00:52
Location: Chicago

Post by wmcnair370 » Nov 18th, '09, 13:37

Yeah the special cannot even compare to the series. I was typesetting ep 2 last night, and I didn't remember much about Ryo in the special, other than they was a evil woman, but that is totally not the case. Seeing the back story of Ryo and all of the other new characters is why you should watch it.

User avatar
Manatsu
Fansubber
Fansubber
Posts: 301
Joined: Sep 10th, '06, 18:36
Location: none of your business.

Post by Manatsu » Nov 18th, '09, 15:57

wmcnair370 wrote:Yeah the special cannot even compare to the series. I was typesetting ep 2 last night, and I didn't remember much about Ryo in the special, other than they was a evil woman, but that is totally not the case. Seeing the back story of Ryo and all of the other new characters is why you should watch it.
Never watched the SP! Glad I haven't.

User avatar
SouthsideIrish
Posts: 270
Joined: Jan 3rd, '06, 13:05
Location: Chicago

Post by SouthsideIrish » Nov 27th, '09, 20:39

Sitting here typesetting Ep5 and all I can say is Tatsuya is a total wanker. God! I hate him, hate him, hate him!

User avatar
xyinnix
Posts: 10
Joined: May 30th, '07, 22:34
Location: somewhere in the depths of space

Post by xyinnix » Nov 28th, '09, 01:05

I'm liking this drama, a bit slow but maybe i'm sucked in by the clothes, and the background. I'm actually dutifully taking fashion notes as i sit through this haha. =)

I really liked how the tatsuya thing was done/acted though, it gives it a more realistic edge than just fashion.

I really hope it doesn't sink into those dramas where it starts off on clothes and then the last 3 episodes has nothing to do with clothes. it would be a total jip.

User avatar
SouthsideIrish
Posts: 270
Joined: Jan 3rd, '06, 13:05
Location: Chicago

Post by SouthsideIrish » Nov 28th, '09, 02:22

Finished typesetting Ep 5 and all I can say is Tatsuya must die. Die. Die. Die.

I really do not see the clothing part ending simple because Kinue is the Ms. Top of Everything and I think that she will become the Ms Top of the Women's Clothing Department.

But Tatsuya! Lighten up! Please.

User avatar
rickt
Posts: 171
Joined: Apr 24th, '06, 15:28

Post by rickt » Nov 28th, '09, 03:49

yes, I must say this drama has become quite interesting. a lot of character developments which you dont see much in the SP.
looking from ep 5 preview and comparing that to the SP, seems like Kinue will become the dumpee instead of the dumper this time. :-(

I wonder if anything will develop between her and the other 2 male co-stars...

User avatar
SouthsideIrish
Posts: 270
Joined: Jan 3rd, '06, 13:05
Location: Chicago

Post by SouthsideIrish » Nov 28th, '09, 04:05

rickt wrote:yes, I must say this drama has become quite interesting. a lot of character developments which you dont see much in the SP.
looking from ep 5 preview and comparing that to the SP, seems like Kinue will become the dumpee instead of the dumper this time. :-(

I wonder if anything will develop between her and the other 2 male co-stars...
Hmm...I don't think anything is really any different from the special except for the fact that they have more time to tell the story, but there is a lot of crying going on in this one.

From ep 4 I have thought that Tatsuya would go after his high school friend and I have thought that Kinue and Tabuchi were going to get together. I really think Goldy is a thorn in Tabuchi side and I wonder where that is going and whether it will be the team of Kinue and Tabuchi that has to come together to beat him.

User avatar
misuzana
Posts: 333
Joined: Nov 5th, '08, 00:03

Post by misuzana » Nov 29th, '09, 01:08

there was a special to this ...???? :blink
:cheers: Image :wub:

User avatar
SouthsideIrish
Posts: 270
Joined: Jan 3rd, '06, 13:05
Location: Chicago

Post by SouthsideIrish » Nov 29th, '09, 04:17

It is the same story, basically, but in one episode, so not much character development and a lot of characters aren't even in it.

User avatar
misuzana
Posts: 333
Joined: Nov 5th, '08, 00:03

Post by misuzana » Dec 4th, '09, 17:40

SouthsideIrish wrote:It is the same story, basically, but in one episode, so not much character development and a lot of characters aren't even in it.
oh ok i see .. .thankz :P ...
:cheers: Image :wub:

User avatar
noshadow31
Posts: 138
Joined: Nov 9th, '04, 09:01
Contact:

Post by noshadow31 » Dec 24th, '09, 14:32

Just finished watching the last episode and all i have to say about the ending is
it's a very appropriate ending for today's society where women enjoy work with no love life and all men have turned gay.

j/k though :P
In case you are wondering, the person in my avatar is Lee Taemin from SHINee. :wub:

User avatar
SouthsideIrish
Posts: 270
Joined: Jan 3rd, '06, 13:05
Location: Chicago

Post by SouthsideIrish » Dec 24th, '09, 14:44

LaLaLaLaLaLa...

I am not going to read this.

LaLaLaLaLaLa...

User avatar
misuzana
Posts: 333
Joined: Nov 5th, '08, 00:03

Post by misuzana » Dec 25th, '09, 19:18

noshadow31 wrote:Just finished watching the last episode and all i have to say about the ending is
it's a very appropriate ending for today's society where women enjoy work with no love life and all men have turned gay.

j/k though :P
Haha :D thats funny ...but sad
:cheers: Image :wub:

wmcnair370
Posts: 385
Joined: Mar 17th, '09, 00:52
Location: Chicago

Post by wmcnair370 » Dec 28th, '09, 23:16

Check out the pictures of the rap party on Eri Maehara's blog. http://maeharaeri.ti-da.net/

User avatar
misuzana
Posts: 333
Joined: Nov 5th, '08, 00:03

Post by misuzana » Dec 28th, '09, 23:35

SouthsideIrish wrote:Finished typesetting Ep 5 and all I can say is Tatsuya must die. Die. Die. Die.


But Tatsuya! Lighten up! Please.
In that episode he started piss me off :thumbdown: I Don't his character anymore . :glare: .. talk about "all about me" syndrome shake head :x
thats stupid he knows that he wants her ... as much as shewants him but I'm also glad that she got over him that quickly
and this chick telling him that he wants kinue to hate him wow that should have ring a bell in tasuya head :glare:
:cheers: Image :wub:

wmcnair370
Posts: 385
Joined: Mar 17th, '09, 00:52
Location: Chicago

Post by wmcnair370 » Dec 28th, '09, 23:42

LoL! I don't like Mr. Miyazaki Aoi in anything. I was so happy when he got killed in Koshonin 2.

User avatar
OpTicaL
Posts: 45
Joined: Oct 8th, '06, 11:14

Post by OpTicaL » Jan 1st, '10, 04:42

Just finished episode 7, the moment I saw the scene with Okunuki Kaoru and a girl I immediately thought Hanchou!
"The production of too many useful things results in too many useless people."

User avatar
SouthsideIrish
Posts: 270
Joined: Jan 3rd, '06, 13:05
Location: Chicago

Post by SouthsideIrish » Jan 1st, '10, 05:28

Me too, and to think Hanchoo 2 will be on soon. I hope some group picks it up cause it is one of the few dorama's I want to watch this winter.

untypikal
Posts: 51
Joined: Jul 30th, '04, 04:06

Post by untypikal » Jan 4th, '10, 08:16

In episode 8, Futaba (the knit-wear designer) is said to have an "illness". I'm not sure if this was a mistranslation or if there is a better word for what was actually said in Japanese, but is this "illness" referring to his homosexuality?

If so, I found it a bit odd to have it described that way in this century, especially in the fashion industry.

Mistranslation, lack of better word, or what?

No political discussions or impositions of personal beliefs please.

User avatar
jasminech
Posts: 58
Joined: Oct 27th, '08, 10:45
Location: Melbourne

Post by jasminech » Jan 4th, '10, 08:42

untypikal wrote:Mistranslation, lack of better word, or what?
The translators discussed this and decided to translate "kyuubyou" as "sudden illness". This is referring to Futaba's designer's blockade, I believe. One of the translators or southsideirish might be able to elaborate on this.

User avatar
SouthsideIrish
Posts: 270
Joined: Jan 3rd, '06, 13:05
Location: Chicago

Post by SouthsideIrish » Jan 4th, '10, 18:04

untypikal wrote:In episode 8, Futaba (the knit-wear designer) is said to have an "illness". I'm not sure if this was a mistranslation or if there is a better word for what was actually said in Japanese, but is this "illness" referring to his homosexuality?

If so, I found it a bit odd to have it described that way in this century, especially in the fashion industry.

Mistranslation, lack of better word, or what?

No political discussions or impositions of personal beliefs please.
You need to go back and watch the episode or you just have an axe to grind. IMHO his illness is
Love sickness. He is totally in love with Hachiya-kun and he was being played, and if you go to the conversation later with Kunue he says that he is alone again. He isn't sick because of his sexual preference at all. I know Tango was shedding more than a few tears in this episode, not because he is homosexual, but because he lost the man he loved.

Just what I got while typesetting it.
I will have one of the translator's post something on the blog.

sawara
Posts: 24
Joined: Nov 10th, '09, 23:31

Post by sawara » Jan 4th, '10, 18:35

I will write a longer explanation in our new shiny blog (http://dramaniacfansubs.wordpress.com/).
Here only so much, that this part is also a bit unusual for a Japanese viewer, hence Kinue's surprise, so we went with the literal translation. Yes it's supposed to refer to Futaba's susceptibility to 'designer's block'.

Cheers
sawara

User avatar
misuzana
Posts: 333
Joined: Nov 5th, '08, 00:03

Post by misuzana » Jan 4th, '10, 22:50

Oh little problem I can't find Episode 8,9, 10 subbed ? any help
:cheers: Image :wub:

sawara
Posts: 24
Joined: Nov 10th, '09, 23:31

Post by sawara » Jan 4th, '10, 23:07

The complete Japanese subs are available at this site.
The English subs for episode 8 is available and we are working on episodes 9-11 right now.

User avatar
misuzana
Posts: 333
Joined: Nov 5th, '08, 00:03

Post by misuzana » Jan 4th, '10, 23:27

sawara wrote:The complete Japanese subs are available at this site.
The English subs for episode 8 is available and we are working on episodes 9-11 right now.
Oh arigatou :cheers: ... now lets see if the computer will make upload it :whistling:
:cheers: Image :wub:

User avatar
misuzana
Posts: 333
Joined: Nov 5th, '08, 00:03

Post by misuzana » Jan 5th, '10, 21:04

:cry: :cry: :cry: No it's a no go ... i can't get it to download ... :cry: :cry: anything else :cry:
:cheers: Image :wub:

untypikal
Posts: 51
Joined: Jul 30th, '04, 04:06

Post by untypikal » Jan 6th, '10, 01:36

SouthsideIrish wrote:
untypikal wrote:In episode 8, Futaba (the knit-wear designer) is said to have an "illness". I'm not sure if this was a mistranslation or if there is a better word for what was actually said in Japanese, but is this "illness" referring to his homosexuality?

If so, I found it a bit odd to have it described that way in this century, especially in the fashion industry.

Mistranslation, lack of better word, or what?

No political discussions or impositions of personal beliefs please.
You need to go back and watch the episode or you just have an axe to grind. IMHO his illness is
Love sickness. He is totally in love with Hachiya-kun and he was being played, and if you go to the conversation later with Kunue he says that he is alone again. He isn't sick because of his sexual preference at all. I know Tango was shedding more than a few tears in this episode, not because he is homosexual, but because he lost the man he loved.

Just what I got while typesetting it.
I will have one of the translator's post something on the blog.
I don't have an axe to grind. I specifically mentioned at the end of my post no politics or personal beliefs. I don't have any grievances or resentment, so I don't know where you got that idea from. It was just a query. Just because I didn't understand a part of the show doesn't mean I'm pushing any kind of agenda or trying to start a commotion.

Anyway, moving on, who is Tango?

wmcnair370
Posts: 385
Joined: Mar 17th, '09, 00:52
Location: Chicago

Post by wmcnair370 » Jan 6th, '10, 01:42

Our native Japanese translator.

And apologies very my head exploding.

untypikal
Posts: 51
Joined: Jul 30th, '04, 04:06

Post by untypikal » Jan 6th, '10, 02:43

No apologies necessary.
The translation is great and always has been and I appreciate the work and effort everyone has put into it.
I couldn't find which subbing group they are affiliated with as I would like to make a donation.

RukawaSCSU
Posts: 2
Joined: Apr 28th, '05, 18:15

Post by RukawaSCSU » Jan 6th, '10, 02:51

First of all, I just want to say big thank you to the sub group. You guys are great, I really like this serie and wo your sub, I wouldnt be able to appreciate such a good drama.

Then move on to discussion, I think this drama is great for those who are really into japanese culture, and fashion is one of them ( obviously most of us here are into japanese culture one way or another). I think this drama has a similiar vibe/plot like Devil wears Prada though i dont quite like that movie, but I absolutely love this drama. I am a guy but I learn few things about fashion through male characters in the drama, and even female (of course not for my own sense :p)

The character development is great, though Tatsuya is a weak link in the story. I do not dislike him that much, since he has his own reason. But his character/role is too typical, and I already guess what is going to be with him since first couple eps. Not sure if things will turn out different for the last 2 eps ( which I havent watched), I guess we just see this kind of guy in most romance J drama or something.

Anyway, again, great serie, so glad I stumble upon it and very glad that there are people willing to sub it! Cheers!

wmcnair370
Posts: 385
Joined: Mar 17th, '09, 00:52
Location: Chicago

Post by wmcnair370 » Jan 6th, '10, 03:05

--deleted--

User avatar
SouthsideIrish
Posts: 270
Joined: Jan 3rd, '06, 13:05
Location: Chicago

Post by SouthsideIrish » Jan 6th, '10, 03:15

untypikal wrote:No apologies necessary.
The translation is great and always has been and I appreciate the work and effort everyone has put into it.
I couldn't find which subbing group they are affiliated with as I would like to make a donation.
Tango wanted to translate Real Clothes, and Jasminech and I volunteered to help her out, then we added another translator, Sawara. Originally we got together just to do this dorama, and nothing more, but by the middle of Real Clothes we decided to stay together. So, we will pick up another dorama when we finish this one.

So, we are just four new people who just wanted to see this dorama get subbed and I think all of us are newbies. Oh, and we are not affiliated with anyone.

Tango is the group leader and our native Japanese translator.
Jasminech is the editor
Southsideirish, me, is the timer and typesetter
Sawara is our non-native translator

So, we are a new group who is learning how to fansub dorama's and i do not know if any of us had any experience be Real Clothes, and we are doing this because we enjoy it.

Oh, and you can find us on the drama wiki http://fansub.d-addicts.com/Dramaniac . Contact info is at the bottom of the page.

tango
Posts: 15
Joined: Nov 1st, '09, 01:18

Post by tango » Jan 6th, '10, 05:12

untypikal wrote:Anyway, moving on, who is Tango?
Did you call me!? :D

Well, I'm not a native English speaker, so I get shy to post in Eg.
All of our team members except me, are pretty good at posting, right?!
So, I am kind of relaying and counting on them....

Anyway, I do read all of the posts and I enjoy + appreciate them.

RukawaSCSU wrote:First of all, I just want to say big thank you to the sub group. You guys are great, I really like this serie and wo your sub, I wouldnt be able to appreciate such a good drama.
No, no! Thank you for telling us!!! We really appreciate it. We're really enjoying this project as a team.

Like SouthsideIrish said, that's what we are!

Arigato~!

thelefteyeguy
Posts: 41
Joined: Jun 16th, '05, 18:07

Post by thelefteyeguy » Jan 8th, '10, 00:55

thanks guys....my wife and I really appreciate the hard work and personal time sacrifice it requires to sub a series.

she loves this series...mostly because of the beautiful clothes lol

Sakari
Posts: 147
Joined: Jan 24th, '06, 09:20

Post by Sakari » Jan 8th, '10, 06:11

I started watching this because Hitomi Kuroki was in it. I suppose I'll stick it out to the end, but, well, compared to her billing, she gets very little screen time, doesn't she? I thought there would be two main characters, played by her and Karina, respectively, but that's not true at all. A big disappointment.

User avatar
MitsukaiKuroi
Posts: 382
Joined: Jan 16th, '07, 18:03
Location: Where Six Side Is Heaven And Nine Side Is Go...

Post by MitsukaiKuroi » Jan 9th, '10, 08:33

I was hesitant to start this show but after reading what everyone has said I am now curious!

And I have to thank the subbers for taking this on! Where would we all be without you!!! (^_^)
Currently Watching :

User avatar
SouthsideIrish
Posts: 270
Joined: Jan 3rd, '06, 13:05
Location: Chicago

Post by SouthsideIrish » Jan 14th, '10, 12:41

Sakari wrote:I started watching this because Hitomi Kuroki was in it. I suppose I'll stick it out to the end, but, well, compared to her billing, she gets very little screen time, doesn't she? I thought there would be two main characters, played by her and Karina, respectively, but that's not true at all. A big disappointment.
What dorama are you watching. Are you saying that there is not enough of Miki-sama?

shishkabob
Posts: 1
Joined: Jan 17th, '10, 07:10

Post by shishkabob » Jan 17th, '10, 07:16

Just wanted to give a big thanks to the Dramaniac team for subbing this drama. I am really enjoying this series. For your first project, you guys have done a really great job. Thanks for your hard work and I look forward to your future projects.

User avatar
SouthsideIrish
Posts: 270
Joined: Jan 3rd, '06, 13:05
Location: Chicago

Post by SouthsideIrish » Jan 17th, '10, 13:37

Oh, and for anyone who doesn't know the next dorama we are doing is Massagu na Otoko, and I my personal project with Tango translating is Hitsudan Hostess.

If you are interested in any of these than check out the drama wiki or subscribe to our Twitter channel.

Oh, and RC is translated, they are now going through the edit process, and Massugu na Otoko is being timed.

Sakari
Posts: 147
Joined: Jan 24th, '06, 09:20

Post by Sakari » Jan 18th, '10, 05:24

SouthsideIrish wrote: What dorama are you watching. Are you saying that there is not enough of Miki-sama?
I'm watching Real Clothes and I'm saying there is not enough of Hitomi Kuroki (I've been a fan since Golden Bowl.)

ika-chan
Posts: 23
Joined: Apr 19th, '09, 11:15
Location: New Zealand

Struggling to continue......

Post by ika-chan » Sep 20th, '10, 12:36

21 September 2010 12:10 AM

I just also wanted to drop a note of thanks to Dramaniac for subbing this drama. I feel so indebted to all the subbers who spend so much time to allow people who don't know japanese to enjoy the beautiful heritage of j-dorama!




I don't know if anyone felt the same...but I am at episode 7.5, and am struggling to continue watching this series. I will probably finish it, but I just am quite disappointed at how the drama has progressed up till now. I've just watched episode 5 where Kinue and Tatsuya breakup, and episode 6 where both get over each other. I think that was totally unrealistic. Tatsuya is a nice guy and it's just not real of him to move on so quickly. There's just not enough talking and good communication between the couple that the whole relationship is not portrayed well in the drama. Seems like the author was trying to get rid of tatsuya because his character was a burden to her and the story about her enjoying her fashion/high class work. I kind of knew where this relationship was headed as soon as I saw Kinue's transformation (cf. Devil Wears Prada) - but if that was the whole story of their relationship, a tragic breakup because of initially a workaholic girl and suddenly the blame goes to who knows...some unrealistic guy who suddenly has no feelings for a girl he had been in love with for the past 8 years?! since highschool? terribly disappointed

I admit, I picked this drama up purely because of Karina. I absolutely loved her in Love Shuffle. I was a fan of her overnight. It was the first drama I watched of her and I just wanted to see more of her.

Real Clothes started out alright, I actually really loved Karina before her transformation. I know I haven't finished this drama, but I see around the internet the occasional cross reference to The Devil Wears Prada. I loved the Devil Wears Prada, a big reason purely because of the ending, and the ultimate message behind the whole film. I am not so sure whether I will end up loving this j-dorama.... :(

Didn't you just prefer the old fashioned Kinue being in love and having fun being crazy and spending time with Tatsuya?!?! I don't know - but I just like here better then...

I know I haven't finished the drama, but I just don't feel like watching anymore. I just can't stand the other male characters in the story. They SUCK big time, especially tabuchi-san or something. I hate him the most. oh gosh... totally a jerk, with no gentle side to him at ALL. Very poor character. I'll finish this drama sometime and write more

Going to watch some Love Shuffle just to brighten up....

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests