[Discussion] Oh! My Girl!! - Hayami Mokomichi / Kato Rosa

Discuss Japanese drama series here.
lucky_kiss

Post by lucky_kiss » Nov 11th, '08, 20:42

I watched Ep4, So Ann is really jealous to see someone other than her taking Kotaro's love & attention.. I think she feel lonely after her mother leaving her also she don't have a father & that what explain her irritating behavior toward the other & Nozume in Ep4, I think feeling that she is abandoned make her feel that she can do all what she want &no one will scold her.. but what Kotaro's did to her when he slapped her was enough to awake her, it was good as a beginning to fix her annoying behavior & to feel their is someone responsible of her that can raise her well.. I really love how this drama involve about the family & how to appreciate it.. :-)
Please support & join us for more English subtitles to the upcoming K-Dramas Haru2subS

totemokakkoii

Post by totemokakkoii » Nov 12th, '08, 01:32

yeah.. the show is getting nicer.. i like episode 4.. lotsa meaning in the show..

plus.. mokomichi looks good playing the role of a dad.. heh heh

GiGichan

Post by GiGichan » Nov 13th, '08, 16:43

I actually felt really annoyed by Ann at first for picking on a little kid in episode 4 :x but then I started to feel really bad for her when she started thrashing around with the pillow because the look on her face was really heartbreaking to me :cry: . I do love Yoshida Riko though she was great in both Yamada Taro and Shinigami no ballad and I can see that her acting has greatly improved in this drama. Even though she's the youngest member of the main cast she's my favorite person in the show and I can't wait to watch more! :w00t:

hazelkenro
Location: Mocomichi Hayami,Teppei Koike and Wentz Eiji Paradise

Post by hazelkenro » Nov 15th, '08, 18:48

Some EP Caps.......

Credits: Mookie@Soompi

Daisuki!Te-kun,Ei-chan,Moco-kun :wub: Image
"Looking forward Angel Bank,Yamato Nadeshiku (live series) and CODE BLUE!

KeiserSoze

Post by KeiserSoze » Nov 15th, '08, 18:58

MMMhhh personally I think this drama is fun athought it's clearly not the best drama of this fall....
I spend a good time watching it and it's all I ask
:thumleft:

samuraichamploo05

Post by samuraichamploo05 » Nov 22nd, '08, 08:13

this could have been the most boring drama on the planet i would have still watched for Hayami,LOL

KoochiZibble

Post by KoochiZibble » Nov 23rd, '08, 01:27

Apparently, OMG's been cancelled. D:
Episode 8 (Tuesday after next) will be the new finale. Which... I can see, although I was really enjoying it myself. It's a really fun drama and I really like the whole cast. :/
The worst part is they'll now have to condense four episodes down into two, which'll probably screw a lot with quality. D:<

I love Mokomichi to pieces, but jeez, the guy kills everything he touches, drama-wise. This is his... second cancellation now? And the worst rated gekka in ten years? Man, go back to support acting before ken-on drops you. x_x

Here's as much as I can translate of his manager's blog with the info:

Good evening everyone, F here! Today is the first day of a three day weekend. How will you be spending it?

Obviously, Hayami-san is spending it on location for Oh My Girl.
Already we're going into filming episode 8, with episodes 7 and 8 still to be broadcast. Unfortunately, it has been decided that that will be all; episode 8 will be the final episode. ( ;_; )
That's pretty sad, but [around the same time as when the original finale would have been] there is a fan event going on next month, so please look forward to that.

(The last sentence after that is the only one I couldn't translate - Fも出番があるかもしれません(笑), for the Japanesely inclined. My poor guess is a joke about maybe his manager being there too, but... I dunno.)

Apparently said location is Yokohama, as well. o/

lenrasoon

Post by lenrasoon » Nov 23rd, '08, 02:31

it's so sad that "OMG" will be cancelled! :-(
i'm enjoying this show a lot, the little girl from yamada taro it's too cute!

if this is true i just hope that they give a proper ending to the show.

wail

Post by wail » Nov 23rd, '08, 06:58

Say it ain't so!!! Where did u read that KoochiZibble?! I cant c it on the Moko's official KenOn webby......I just saw the announcement of an event on 12/21 but still that would make time for a good 4, 5 eps of OMG... The other event planned is in 1/31/09.

And, u cant possibly be loving Moko enough or at all. A drama is 'cancelled' as in shortened, happens in every dorama season almost. This season has one of the worst ratings across the board. It's not Moko's fault though, it's a family drama, it's serene, it's calming, it's not over the top and with plot twists every other minute. It's not for everyone. Jap audience don't like it, we do.

How do you explain the success of ZK then if he kills everything he touches?!?! Don't tell me that show is well recieved just coz Hiro in it...his Room of King is doing the same as OMG rating wise.

xento

Post by xento » Nov 23rd, '08, 09:30

KoochiZibble wrote:Apparently, OMG's been cancelled. D:
And the worst rated gekka in ten years? Man, go back to support acting before ken-on drops you. x_x
The lowest opening rating...not the worst overall. Last season's gekka (太陽と海の教室) alone already has a lower average rating and this season's Innocent Love looks like it will fair worse.

While I'm quite sad that OMG will be cut short, I think ending it at 8 eps is about right:

Ep 6 already dealt w/the fact that Hinako is a big fat liar and that she most probably won't appear in this drama...or in Ann's life ever again. While it may take Ann a while to realise and to fully accept this, now that Kotaro has declared himself her guardian, it's just a matter of time before Kotaro calls her 'his daughter', and Ann, 'her dad'. I know this sounds selfish, but I really hope the mother won't make a sudden cameo at the end, it will just ruin everything. -___-

Ep 7 can go either way, Ann and Hinako's true relationship brought to light or Ishida finally finds his conscience and covers it up for Ann's sake.

That leaves Ep 8, which should give the writers ample time to tie all the threads because I don't really see Mineko & Kotaro's love blossoming.

KoochiZibble

Post by KoochiZibble » Nov 23rd, '08, 09:38

That's his manager's blog - I have kenon Message, their mobile phone service. I don't think the blog's is on any of the PC websites.

I love Mokomichi, but he's apparently known as a bad ratings actor. Which I do wish weren't true, because he definitely doesn't deserve that compared to a lot of this season's stuff, and a lot of the time, it's not his fault - he just happens to be in dramas people don't watch. But that's still the reputation he's picked up. I was really happy that ZK got so popular, since I really hadn't been expecting it to for that reason.

OMG probably would have gotten better ratings were this a season that wasn't sucking in general, you're right there. :/ It's a really sweet drama and I'm so disappointed they seem to be cutting it.

Alecsa-chan

Post by Alecsa-chan » Nov 23rd, '08, 10:22

Wow OMG being shortened. They could have at least let it end at episode 9 but 8 :-( I honestly don't think Moko is doing that bad in this drama. I actually see an improvement of his character, especially during the 5th episode.
And i really enjoy the drama. Is a very light comedy with serious moments too.

Oh man i'm so disappointed now.
ImageImage
:heart: Akira
Credit: asianfanatics

samuraichamploo05

Post by samuraichamploo05 » Nov 23rd, '08, 16:26

this really sucks, i was really enjoying this show, so not fair. i dont even know how this could happen with a moko drama, this is crazy T_T

Arsenal1508

Post by Arsenal1508 » Nov 25th, '08, 19:13

Does anyone else get the feeling that Anne chan's mum, Hinako, really didn't go to America for an audition. Perhaps she's dying or went there for surgery and wants her young brother to look after her daughter for ever? Then her brother will find out and will feel sorry for her and will make up. I think that's how the series will conclude. Just hope we get to see a bit of romance between Kotaru and Kato Rosa character.

samuraichamploo05

Post by samuraichamploo05 » Nov 25th, '08, 20:34

Arsenal1508 wrote:Does anyone else get the feeling that Anne chan's mum, Hinako, really didn't go to America for an audition. Perhaps she's dying or went there for surgery and wants her young brother to look after her daughter for ever? Then her brother will find out and will feel sorry for her and will make up. I think that's how the series will conclude. Just hope we get to see a bit of romance between Kotaru and Kato Rosa character.
u know, i didnt even think fo that, it opens a new door now 0____0

wail

Post by wail » Nov 25th, '08, 21:31

O yes, Arsenal, actually I thought so when I discussed that in ep1 already... T_T

*sigh* IF they r shortening it to 8 eps, I doubt they will dev the romance btn K and M... there r so many 'loose' ends still... I think we need a conclusion of K getting some success as a writer, him and Ann really become a dad+daughter, and if Mineko deserves more than just having a crush on K, or else her character is even worst off than Biwa in getting any tlc...

ARGH...I'm still not over with the bummer of just one more ep.... still in denial.

samuraichamploo05

Post by samuraichamploo05 » Nov 25th, '08, 21:35

wail wrote:O yes, Arsenal, actually I thought so when I discussed that in ep1 already... T_T

*sigh* IF they r shortening it to 8 eps, I doubt they will dev the romance btn K and M... there r so many 'loose' ends still... I think we need a conclusion of K getting some success as a writer, him and Ann really become a dad+daughter, and if Mineko deserves more than just having a crush on K, or else her character is even worst off than Biwa in getting any tlc...

ARGH...I'm still not over with the bummer of just one more ep.... still in denial.
i know>< it cant be true, i dont see why that happned, i mean i had my doubts in the begining but the drama is pretty good T_T

hazelkenro

Post by hazelkenro » Nov 30th, '08, 20:06

Oh my this DRama Is ended so soon its Already December.....

ANd a Few Episode left....

DO u have any Idea What Moco-kun NExt Project

fleng

Post by fleng » Dec 2nd, '08, 15:53

It says 9 episodes on Drama wiki, last episode will air on 2008-Dec-9 .

idyanie

Post by idyanie » Dec 24th, '08, 02:06

is it just me or is it something that's missing from the final episode?
when mineko says she's mad because she likes koutaro
it's in the preview of episode 8, but they didn't highlighted it in the last episode?

hazelkenro

Post by hazelkenro » Dec 24th, '08, 12:46

laox

Post by laox » Jan 1st, '09, 16:21

And, u cant possibly be loving Moko enough or at all. A drama is 'cancelled' as in shortened, happens in every dorama season almost. This season has one of the worst ratings across the board. It's not Moko's fault though, it's a family drama, it's serene, it's calming, it's not over the top and with plot twists every other minute. It's not for everyone. Jap audience don't like it, we do.

How do you explain the success of ZK then if he kills everything he touches?!?! Don't tell me that show is well recieved just coz Hiro in it...his Room of King is doing the same as OMG rating wise.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I thought this drama was really good, obviously cheesy at certain parts but like, if you saw Transformers (the US blockbuster) you'd say it was totally awesome whilst that movie had some really cheesy-ass lines too. Moco is pretty talented imo --- I'm a picky, cynical, californian a@@hole critic --- he's also really good looking (he can give american actors a run for their money) for an asian dude. I thought the 9 episodes were really complete, not over the top. The series did pretty much everything, drama, laughter, created tension, and then came to resolve in the end. Its kinda hard to see how this wouldn't rate well in Japan (maybe they've just had too much of this stuff), it really is a nice change up though from watching all the American $hat here in the states. Moco was really good in Brother Beat too I thought (another favorite). Also though, Densha Otoko did really well in Japan right? Maybe they're just fed up with seeing really good looking people on screen. I'm pretty sure Densha had some major appeal with those who could relate to Densha's look and lifestyle (like an average, geeky, otaku salaryman).

immaperson

Post by immaperson » Jan 6th, '09, 16:49

i really liked this series--it was a light, warm-loving series from all of the other ones i've been watching thus far. I thought it ended really well, for it having fewer episodes than what i read that it was originally supposed to be. i also liked mokomichi in this role--it was because of him that i continued to watch this series.. okay, and the dog too. this is surprising since i didnt like him in Zettai Kareshi...but i think it's just a genre preference difference for me.

hazelkenro

Post by hazelkenro » Jan 20th, '09, 20:11

I really like this series im already done to watch this....

The story was really short......I hope got a continuation of this

Mokomichi was good PAPA in the near future hehehe!

hehehehE!!!!

littleli

Post by littleli » Jul 16th, '09, 11:49

Anyone thinking about watching this series please don't waste your time.
It's pretty much just a kid constantly getting spoiled, an inconsiderate manager, and an always angry guy, filled with many cliche plots. By the end of each episode Yamashita always seems to betray his own character by doing something completely against it without any real cause or reason to.

sansukini

Post by sansukini » Jul 28th, '09, 06:51

I think this is a fairly good drama. I'm only upset cuz I wasn't able to complete it. I couldn't find episode 8 anywhere. I finished it till the end which means that it's good enough for me, otherwise I would have dropped it. And I was never bored with any of the episodes.

sansukini

Post by sansukini » Sep 1st, '09, 17:07

littleli wrote:Anyone thinking about watching this series please don't waste your time.
It's pretty much just a kid constantly getting spoiled, an inconsiderate manager, and an always angry guy, filled with many cliche plots. By the end of each episode Yamashita always seems to betray his own character by doing something completely against it without any real cause or reason to.
Hey! I love this drama. I was sad because it was "shortened" because I felt that there's some loose ends that were not properly concluded (like Kato Rosa's crush on Moco's character). But overall,I think the character development of the protagonists were well depicted.
littleli wrote:It's pretty much just a kid constantly getting spoiled, an inconsiderate manager, and an always angry guy, filled with many cliche plots.
The character started like that, but if you managed to finish the drama, you would have seen that they all did develop affections for each other.

caramelchampagne

Re: [plz need help

Post by caramelchampagne » Nov 9th, '09, 00:37

ANY ONE WATCHING TEMPATION OF AN ANGEL TELL ME IS IT WORTH TO WATCH OR NOT I JUST DROPED TOKYO DOGS

I'm a big fan of Hayami no matter what I think of his acting. :D I'm very excited to see how it's going to be. And I'm hoping he doesn't have long hair like what he had in Zettai Kareshi. D: I personally like Kato Rosa because she looks so cute. I love her smile and I think they would have a pretty decent chemistry.[/quote]
ஐ☆¢αяαмєℓ¢нαмραgиє☆ஐ