[Discussion] Innocent Love - Horikita Maki (Fall 2008)

Discuss Japanese drama series here.
Firehawk

Post by Firehawk » Dec 30th, '08, 15:57

This drama was decent up until the end. When Junya went into a coma I finally threw my hands up.

But then again, this is drama after all - there's no use in getting upset when things are too overdramatic.

The one thing that kept me from disliking this drama was Horikita Maki <3

biniBningPunkista

Post by biniBningPunkista » Jan 1st, '09, 16:47

i found several piccu's from Nari's blog..
Kitagawa Yujin and Narimiya Hiroki goofing around while taking pictures, but mostly it's Nari who's being silly. :mrgreen:

this piccu really set me off laughing. :lol

Nomanymore

Post by Nomanymore » Jan 1st, '09, 21:47

They're such dorks rofl~~ XD

biniBningPunkista

Post by biniBningPunkista » Jan 2nd, '09, 04:37

Nomanymore wrote:They're such dorks rofl~~ XD
exactly!!! :lol i was also wondering if Nari was actually holding Yujin's butt in the first pic or... were they actually holding each other's butt??? lolz. :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Nomanymore

Post by Nomanymore » Jan 2nd, '09, 08:13

biniBningPunkista wrote:
Nomanymore wrote:They're such dorks rofl~~ XD
exactly!!! :lol i was also wondering if Nari was actually holding Yujin's butt in the first pic or... were they actually holding each other's butt??? lolz. :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
I didn't notice that haha :w00t: :lol :D

auroragb

Post by auroragb » Jan 3rd, '09, 03:05

^
^
Maybe "Not so Innocent" Love? ^^; :fear:

totemokakkoii

Post by totemokakkoii » Jan 3rd, '09, 17:31

the show was good until the final episode. it would have been better if they made it an 11 episodes drama rather than 10. the ending was just kinda abrupt.. when it ended, i was like "huh? finished?"

silentblvd

Post by silentblvd » Jan 4th, '09, 18:26

:roll It was originally reported to be an 11 episode drama, but then 10 episodes turned out to be the limit - either the information was originally incorrect (always possible) or the producers were spooked by the early disappointing ratings and cut an episode. Of course, by then, the drama had hit its stride and recovered, somewhat.

I agree IL could have benefited from an extra episode - I would have loved to see more interaction with Junya/Kanon (one of my favorite things about this otherwise uneven series) and a better ending for Subaru, but I'm just happy I managed to watch it all without completely losing my temper: something that most definitely did not happen with Asano Taeko's previous series.

mujiri

Post by mujiri » Jan 5th, '09, 14:03

yep the last episode seems to rush toward a closure, although glad that at least there was a proper end to their love story and not some weird melodramatic end.

some of the nicest scene for me was when kanon does things for junya because of his love for him... touching:)

biniBningPunkista

Post by biniBningPunkista » Jan 6th, '09, 03:37

*sigh* I just wish that i will get to finish this drama... i'm still stuck in episode 5, and i can't help but keep on checking this thread. lolz... ^_^v

mujiri

Post by mujiri » Jan 6th, '09, 06:30

lol i noe what you mean. are you able to read chinese, if can i can pass you a chinese streaming site for the show.

was to impatient to wait for the english subs.

silentblvd

Post by silentblvd » Jan 9th, '09, 22:52

:-) A lone fan has kindly taken it upon herself to provide rough soft subs for IL - there are some gaps missing in dialogue, but as the fan says, you can always wait for Querbeet for more professional subtitles.

http://jksuki.blogspot.com/

The soft subs should work for the 740 version of IL, though the timing for episode 6 is off. You can always open and read the soft subs in your text editor though, to get an idea - and I also really like the summaries over at http://yasashiisekai.wordpress.com/, to fill you in on what the subs miss.

That's how I managed to watch all of IL. I'm still patiently waiting for Querbeet to finish, obviously.

TG3

Post by TG3 » Jan 10th, '09, 07:47

I just watched the whole thing (all 10 episodes) straight. I think it was really well done. There were a lot of twists I didn't see coming. My biggest complaint was the last episode. I personally think the last one was "filler" with a contrived twist. I would have been OK if they ended it at 9.

Regardless, after watching this I absolutely LOVE Horikita Maki. She seems to have finally broken out of her typecast role as a spunky high school student. She should play more of these kinds of characters.

mujiri

Post by mujiri » Jan 10th, '09, 16:35

was thinking about it, the show kinda remind me of Beautiful Life, where the emotions and relationship was so intense

colyn7

Post by colyn7 » Jan 13th, '09, 16:16

HMM.. Gotta watch this.. am downloading Celeb to Binbo Taro.. watching it tomorrow... hehehe

biniBningPunkista

Post by biniBningPunkista » Jan 14th, '09, 15:15

querbeet is almost done with episode 6, i have been watching out for their projects in their wiki page. maybe a few more days of wait and i can finally enjoy their work. ^_^v

mujiri

Post by mujiri » Jan 14th, '09, 16:13

well im thinking of picking up japanese again. this way i can watch new shows without the subs and even other variety shows etc

lol although not too sure how long to get to that proficiency level

chchen84

what song???

Post by chchen84 » Jan 15th, '09, 01:32

Hi guys i'm contemplating whether i should get the ost..... to those who already have it do you know if the song Junya plays/made for Kannon is on it or not? And/Or what its called? I just love it to pieces and have been rewatching that last eps JUST to listen to it!! Please help if anyone out there knows!! Thanks!! ^_^ :wub: :wub:

biniBningPunkista

Re: what song???

Post by biniBningPunkista » Jan 15th, '09, 13:55

chchen84 wrote:Hi guys i'm contemplating whether i should get the ost..... to those who already have it do you know if the song Junya plays/made for Kannon is on it or not? And/Or what its called? I just love it to pieces and have been rewatching that last eps JUST to listen to it!! Please help if anyone out there knows!! Thanks!! ^_^ :wub: :wub:
if you're asking about the one during the first episode, or from the music box that Kanon gave toJunya, the title is "What a friend we have in Jesus" you can find it in any Christian sites and church hymnals.

for the second one where Junya was playing a song for canon in his house and asked her to join him (i think its in episode 4) the title is "Amazing Grace" again you can find it in any christian sites and church hymnals.

hope that helped :D (i have only watched until the 5th episode so that's the only idea i have on.) BTW, only one song is in the OST and Its "What a friend we have in Jesus" the version they have here is instrumental with a very good arrangement of music. There is also an insert song where you can download it separately, but the rest is instrumental. it's still worth the download, listen to "Smile Pianist" and "Eternally" Piano version.
Really really good music.
:thumright: :thumright: :thumright:

ClockwiseStir

Post by ClockwiseStir » Jan 17th, '09, 00:28

silentblvd wrote::-) A lone fan has kindly taken it upon herself to provide rough soft subs for IL - there are some gaps missing in dialogue, but as the fan says, you can always wait for Querbeet for more professional subtitles.

http://jksuki.blogspot.com/

The soft subs should work for the 740 version of IL, though the timing for episode 6 is off. You can always open and read the soft subs in your text editor though, to get an idea - and I also really like the summaries over at http://yasashiisekai.wordpress.com/, to fill you in on what the subs miss.

That's how I managed to watch all of IL. I'm still patiently waiting for Querbeet to finish, obviously.
Thank you so much for the soft sub link!! I'll probably download that one soon if I start to become impatient. I'm still stuck at epi 5~ The drama so far is awesome! Like the pace and everything! Thanks~

chchen84

Re: what song???

Post by chchen84 » Jan 17th, '09, 05:27

biniBningPunkista wrote:
chchen84 wrote:Hi guys i'm contemplating whether i should get the ost..... to those who already have it do you know if the song Junya plays/made for Kannon is on it or not? And/Or what its called? I just love it to pieces and have been rewatching that last eps JUST to listen to it!! Please help if anyone out there knows!! Thanks!! ^_^ :wub: :wub:
if you're asking about the one during the first episode, or from the music box that Kanon gave toJunya, the title is "What a friend we have in Jesus" you can find it in any Christian sites and church hymnals.

for the second one where Junya was playing a song for canon in his house and asked her to join him (i think its in episode 4) the title is "Amazing Grace" again you can find it in any christian sites and church hymnals.

hope that helped :D (i have only watched until the 5th episode so that's the only idea i have on.) BTW, only one song is in the OST and Its "What a friend we have in Jesus" the version they have here is instrumental with a very good arrangement of music. There is also an insert song where you can download it separately, but the rest is instrumental. it's still worth the download, listen to "Smile Pianist" and "Eternally" Piano version.
Really really good music.
:thumright: :thumright: :thumright:

Hey biniBningPunkista! thanks for the info! The song that i was referring to is the one that Junya made for Kannon (1st appears midway in episode 8 ) and plays on the piano in the last episode when the story pretty much is going to wrap up soon. You'll know when you watch the last eps! Dont' wanna ruin it for ya! When you get to it and if you know what it is would you post it here? I'd really like to know what that song is!!

^_^

biniBningPunkista

Post by biniBningPunkista » Jan 17th, '09, 11:47

chchen84 got that... thanks for the heads up. :D

colyn7

Post by colyn7 » Jan 17th, '09, 12:57

Is this drama really good? I've been downloading Jdoramas.. am currently hooked up now in Honey and CLover...
Last edited by colyn7 on Jan 21st, '09, 03:40, edited 1 time in total.

silentblvd

Post by silentblvd » Jan 20th, '09, 02:55

:wub: soft subs for episode 6 and 7 are out!

now a question......

Episode 7 we find out that before Kiyoka attempted to commit suicide, she wrote a farewell letter/will. And in it she stated that she wanted to spend her last day with the person she loved before she died, right? Or what was the phrase - I'm a bit shocked still, because I watched this before with someone else's subs, and they translated as a 'hug', and I understand translating is always difficult, because sometimes there's no direct correlation. So, was the implication that she just wanted to see Subaru one last time, or did they actually do something more? Because then it's poor Junya in the present time saying, if they did that, why didn't they just run away together?

charia-chan

Post by charia-chan » Jan 20th, '09, 03:14

silentblvd
I translated for Querbeet and we actually had a discussion about that word.^^ daku or daite means hug, but it can also mean to have sex. So I asked some japanese friends what they think when they see the seen and they all said it has to be more than just a hug. They must have done more, judging from how bad Subaru feels about it and how Junya reacts.

Pnoy11

Post by Pnoy11 » Jan 20th, '09, 15:50

Just finished watching ep 7 which is the best episode by far! Can't wait for episode 8 subs!!!

colyn7

Post by colyn7 » Jan 21st, '09, 03:41

this must be good.. many people are keeping track.., but i want to start watching this when it is already finish.

Tadanga

Post by Tadanga » Jan 21st, '09, 19:46

Maki-san is great in this. She really has shown that she can own dramatic roles.
The only thing that has been gnawing at me is the clothes : there is just no way her character could afford that An An fashion doing odd jobs ( unless they pay big bucks to clean subway bathrooms ).
I am not complaining, the wardrobe was great, it is just that the white cardigan alone is worth 400 US$

silentblvd

Post by silentblvd » Jan 21st, '09, 20:54

charia-chan wrote:silentblvd
I translated for Querbeet and we actually had a discussion about that word.^^ daku or daite means hug, but it can also mean to have sex. So I asked some japanese friends what they think when they see the seen and they all said it has to be more than just a hug. They must have done more, judging from how bad Subaru feels about it and how Junya reacts.
Oh, thank you so much for clarifying, Charia-chan. And thank you for translating the dialogue.

silentblvd

Post by silentblvd » Jan 22nd, '09, 01:45

I found a really well done music video for Innocent Love @

warning: it contains spoilers for the whole series, so those of you who haven't watched past episode 7.....well yeah.

Nomanymore

Post by Nomanymore » Jan 24th, '09, 21:00

^ Thanks for the MV link XD

Eps 9-10 timings are done, hardsubs must be released soon ^o^ I totally love the last eps, with sub it makes everything more meaningful in a way <3<3<3

evolute8

Post by evolute8 » Jan 25th, '09, 09:00

Is the opening theme included in the OST ?

ClockwiseStir

Post by ClockwiseStir » Jan 25th, '09, 14:24

the mv was really pretty. thanks for the link!

the kiss scenes~ woah!!

Nomanymore

Post by Nomanymore » Jan 25th, '09, 14:51

evolute8 wrote:Is the opening theme included in the OST ?
You mean Eternally of Utada Hikaru? uhm I think only the piano version is in the OST.

evolute8

Post by evolute8 » Jan 26th, '09, 01:08

Nomanymore wrote:
evolute8 wrote:Is the opening theme included in the OST ?
You mean Eternally of Utada Hikaru? uhm I think only the piano version is in the OST.
oh...wats the track number ?

thanks..

ZoddGuts

Post by ZoddGuts » Jan 26th, '09, 08:26

Interesting thing to note for anyone who lives in L.A. the first episode was shown on this sunday at 7:00 PM channel 18 not on cable but regular network , though it was not subbed.

charia-chan

Post by charia-chan » Jan 26th, '09, 08:49

evolute,

there is a thread about the Innocent Love OST.^^
Check it out,

The piano version is the last track, I think it's track 18.

Nomanymore

Post by Nomanymore » Jan 26th, '09, 10:34

Here's link to the OST torrent
http://www.d-addicts.com/forum/viewtopic_68765.htm
there's DDL link too ^_^

silentblvd

Post by silentblvd » Jan 26th, '09, 21:08

ZoddGuts wrote:Interesting thing to note for anyone who lives in L.A. the first episode was shown on this sunday at 7:00 PM channel 18 not on cable but regular network , though it was not subbed.
Thanks for the heads up! Even though I have all the episodes downloaded on my HD, it'll be fun to watch it on television.

xstarl1ght

Post by xstarl1ght » Jan 29th, '09, 18:21

I just finished watching episode 9. OMG.

Here's my thoughts on it.
Okay. So all solved. Kanon's past is resolved and her brother really did kill their parents. Very touching. Then here's the juicy part! Junya and Kanon kiss! for a good minute. XD. Then it fast fowards and they're getting married. [YAY!] Happy ending right?.. I kept thinking to myself "Why is there another episode?!? Why don't they just end it there?!" Of course it is a drama. So I did suspect something happen to Kiyoka. Then, of course, I THINK, Kiyoka realizes that she loves Junya. But why is she trying to kill herself?! She had her chance to be with him. and just rejects him. [maybe there's a reason but I dont know] Anyway, from the very very ending, you see blood coming from Junya's head when he tried to save Kiyoka from falling. Omg... it's so "GAH!" i don't know. Can someone actually die from breaking someone's fall? I really hope that Junya doesn't die. but I also hope that Junya won't become like Kiyoka. If it did happen, that would be very ironic. I really hope for a happy ending. ><;

lilchan

Post by lilchan » Jan 31st, '09, 02:31

anyone have any idea what file JK suki's ep10 subs are subbed to? http://jksuki.blogspot.com/2008/11/inno ... itles.html

*kawaii*

Post by *kawaii* » Feb 1st, '09, 09:24

yay !! another promissing Drama

Love the romance

Horay :D

silentblvd

Post by silentblvd » Feb 2nd, '09, 03:31

lilchan wrote:anyone have any idea what file JK suki's ep10 subs are subbed to? http://jksuki.blogspot.com/2008/11/inno ... itles.html
I think they were timed to viet releases of IL?

Anyway, Querbeet has released the full hardsub and full softsub for Innocent Love now. :D

Hachiko_

Post by Hachiko_ » Feb 2nd, '09, 03:56

Just watched the last two episodes and it was utterly fantastic ^_^

A well done drama if I may say!

And a new infatuation with Hiroki Narimiya!

lilchan

Post by lilchan » Feb 2nd, '09, 06:48

the ending seemed to be a bit too rushed for me.
but I am satisfied<3
poor Subaru...he is bi?or did he love Kiyoka?o.o
well, he seems to be stuck her.
[/spoiler]

Lotlorien

Post by Lotlorien » Feb 3rd, '09, 07:24

It was interesting drama. I've never seen such a story. Kyoka was played by a great actress, Subaru was cool, Kanon was Horikita Maki - enough said. I didn't like Junya, he was too "sweety"... but Mizuki was great! The end was too ... rushed. The last ep wasn't necessary...

colyn7

Post by colyn7 » Feb 3rd, '09, 15:09

wahahha.. I haven't watched ep8-10.. am gonna watch it tonight if i still have time.. Lots of work to do.. hayz...

Dragonic

Post by Dragonic » Feb 3rd, '09, 22:36

I have to say that i'm glad I stuck with it throughout all the series, I wasn't really into it fully till about episode 4, then after that I couldn't get enough of it and was then anxiously waiting for the next episode.

Actually being a guy who isn't really into shows like this I was surprised how much this kept me hooked (Same can be said for Mei-chan no Shitsuji, loving that show ^^) I think I must just be a softy at heart lol.

I have to say though that I thought the last episode was kind of 'meh' but I did like how that particular episode ended with the running etc...

colyn7

Post by colyn7 » Feb 3rd, '09, 22:54

OMG.. OMG.. am watching Episode 10 part 3.. hehehe... i hope the ending wont be so bad... :)

avieamber
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by avieamber » Feb 4th, '09, 11:49

I just finished after putting it to a halt for like...a month or sth, and well, although i liked the pace of the story around ep 7-9 where the pasts started to unravel i have a major problem with the last epi.
I find the part where Kiyoka tried to commit suicide is a bit :roll and the way they filmed it, like...the moment Junya saw her standing on the balcony's rail, why didn't he rush towards her but have to wait till she begins to jump down? A little too slow of a reaction there right? :glare: And so...in the end, Kiyoka actually really LOVED Junya???

but anyway, the only moment where i think Junya did a good job without OVER-REACTING with his super uber sweetness and the smile, is when he just woke up from coma and acting all blur and innocent like a kid. (he was kinda cute then, but only that time though) And i really think that both he and Kiyoka shared that same look and innocence when they meet up at the house...well, until he finally remembered everything though...

colyn7

Post by colyn7 » Feb 4th, '09, 12:08

You're right.. OMG... I was so.. like I was crying cause i thought that
Junya might be dead.. and the part when he remembers Kanon was like...
i'd like to watch it aLL over again..

evolute8

Post by evolute8 » Feb 8th, '09, 03:37

Will there be SP episode for this ?

charia-chan

Post by charia-chan » Feb 8th, '09, 03:49

There is no SP announced for it by now.

silentblvd

Post by silentblvd » Feb 14th, '09, 21:15

I'll be surprised if IL has a SP, but then Fuji has a habit of releasing SPs for their shows, so who knows? I would love to see more Junya/Kanon cuteness, but I won't hold my breath for it.

biniBningPunkista

Post by biniBningPunkista » Feb 15th, '09, 03:19

having an SP for it would sort of ruin the show for me. the ending itself was already good, if they put an SP it might be a spin off so i'd rather not have it an SP. :whistling:

this was bother me during the ending, and i just needed to air it out...
honestly i love the way Junya snapped out of his mental state, but what really got to me was the way he had to run from the piano when he suddenly remembered kanon. that took me off... he was on the blank affect side and his walking was awkward which made me thinking that there was something wrong with his body and not entirely his brain. I would have accepted Junya's sudden recovery if it was a bit realistic, like the way he could have walked. if they fixed Junya's walking in the first place, it would have been better.

i know it was a really small detail, but if you look at it in medical terms, it would piss you off a bit. but other than that i loved the ending... it was definitely a pure bliss... i just feel bad for Subaru. :unsure:

silentblvd

Post by silentblvd » Feb 17th, '09, 00:27

biniBningPunkista wrote:having an SP for it would sort of ruin the show for me. the ending itself was already good, if they put an SP it might be a spin off so i'd rather not have it an SP. :whistling:

i know it was a really small detail, but if you look at it in medical terms, it would piss you off a bit. but other than that i loved the ending... it was definitely a pure bliss... i just feel bad for Subaru. :unsure:

I don't know if it's just an Asano Taeko thing or the topic of homosexuality in modern Japan, but for this example, let's just stick to AT's weakness in dealing with homosexual characters - Subaru got a pretty poor conclusion, I agree.

charia-chan

Post by charia-chan » Feb 17th, '09, 01:02

Well, at least homosexuals are mentioned in this dorama...
I know way too many Japanese people who honestly believe that there are almost no homosexual people in Japan...

Nomanymore

Post by Nomanymore » Feb 17th, '09, 01:30

I was hoping that Subaru & Kiyoka ends up alone, & not together.. It'd been better as they are 'free' now& be able to find their true happiness. Subaru doesn't like woman, why should he be with Kiyoka? & vice versa..

charia-chan

Post by charia-chan » Feb 17th, '09, 02:11

I know, would have preferred that version also.
But... that's how Japanese dorama work.

colyn7

Post by colyn7 » Feb 17th, '09, 08:25

Nomanymore wrote:I was hoping that Subaru & Kiyoka ends up alone, & not together.. It'd been better as they are 'free' now& be able to find their true happiness. Subaru doesn't like woman, why should he be with Kiyoka? & vice versa..
Its because Subaru wants Junya to be happy.. He wants Junya to be happy... :roll

i Love Narimiya Hiroki from bLoody Monday.. he's so kakkoi there..

and since he doesn't want to be with any woman.. Kiyoka is in Love with him.. so... I guess, he love her as a friend.. so its better that way... i guess.. :scratch:

ssih

Post by ssih » Feb 19th, '09, 14:14

I just finished the second episode of this. And while I'm madly in love with Horikita Maki, this series smacks of a Lifetime movie. (For those unfamiliar with it, Lifetime is a US network aimed at women that specializes in movies about abusive white guys.)

What I've seen has had its moments, but it's been just a little too melodramatic for me.

biniBningPunkista

Post by biniBningPunkista » Feb 19th, '09, 16:16

Nomanymore wrote:I was hoping that Subaru & Kiyoka ends up alone, & not together.. It'd been better as they are 'free' now& be able to find their true happiness. Subaru doesn't like woman, why should he be with Kiyoka? & vice versa..

i think the writer wants to show the essence of self sacrificing for the person you love. it was so cliche but it worked for me well. though it does rub on you once you think too much about it. :scratch:

hamsantaro

Post by hamsantaro » Apr 13th, '09, 17:36

Hi,
i have just finished watching this drama! Woa! i really like it.. anyone happen to have or know where i can get the piano scores for the music which Junya composed for Kanon? pls pls help..

thanks!

onedropkame

Post by onedropkame » May 5th, '09, 22:38

Loved the drama.

Hated her pants. They did absolutely nothing for her. They made her hips and thighs look huge. I hated the shots when they had the camera low.

I've seen Last Friends, too, but I'm wondering what other dramas are similar to these two. There don't seem to be many that take this side of life. I'm getting a little bored of the comedy and romance types. I just want some good, real-life stuff.

Karo
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by Karo » May 5th, '09, 22:56

Yeah... it quite melodramatic... Have to agree on that... XD
I kind of liked it. If you started watching it, you want to know how it's going to end. But then after that... I kept thinking: This is sooo weird... O_o'
I thought Maki didn't really fit as Kanon. Dunno why. She just wouldn't fit... And there were some things that really bothered me a lot. But I found out, if I ignore them, then it's fun to watch... *lol*
It's not bad, but it's not that great either... (I don't know why, but I loved Junya~~ XD)
onedropkame wrote:I'm getting a little bored of the comedy and romance types. I just want some good, real-life stuff.
Me too... They are lovely to watch, but they are basically all the same and lead to nowhere... :glare:
If you haven't watched it already... Try Love Shuffle. The first episode may seem weird... But it's getting better with every episode and is a little bit more realistic and mature (and there is one really cute couple~~ ^0^). <-- but that's off topic now~~ Gomen nasai~~

ssih

Post by ssih » May 6th, '09, 11:03

Karo wrote:If you haven't watched it already... Try Love Shuffle. The first episode may seem weird... But it's getting better with every episode and is a little bit more realistic and mature (and there is one really cute couple~~ ^0^). <-- but that's off topic now~~ Gomen nasai~~
That's interesting to know. I started watching the first episode of Love Shuffle, but found it very difficult to understand. I don't know if it was due to inaccurate translation or a case of not understanding eastern emotions. They spend so much time philosophizing about relationships, and much of it escapes me. Maybe I should just watch it, understand what I can, and it might become clear as the show progresses.

electricBonBon

Post by electricBonBon » Sep 9th, '11, 01:27

I started watching this drama about a year ago, but somehow I only watched the first two episodes and stopped then. I don't even know why, because I liked the beginning .. Maybe I was busy. But I want to continue watching soon, or I'll better watch the episodes 1-2 again.