[Discussion] Code Blue (All Seasons)

Discuss Japanese drama series here.
m.f.e.o

Post by m.f.e.o » Aug 24th, '08, 03:35

Can you tell me where to download this series. Cos crunchyroll doesn't keep up the good work.
I've seen first ep so far. It's very promising. However, I honestly think Pi is too young for a doctor.

rikie_11

Post by rikie_11 » Aug 26th, '08, 13:39

finished watching episode 8!

man, that was another touching episode....

i kind of get the picture of what will happen next episode...but can someone further explain it?

i'm worried about kuroda and what will happen to shiraishi...it looks like she's in big trouble!

rikie_11

Post by rikie_11 » Aug 26th, '08, 13:44

sanaeozora wrote:
Also, regarding episode 8:
I'm seriously getting mad at Shiraishi: come on, she needs to get her act together a little more. Even Fujikawa's got it more together than she does lately. I completely understand her panic having had that premonitory nightmare earlier on but, seriously, she's not raising to the standards I was expecting from her.

Also....unless I've misunderstood the whole thing badly, at the preview of episode 9, was Aizawa flying to the airport to go and rescue Kuroda-sensei's son??? I think that's what will happen!!! And that commission-thingy, I hope that they aren't trying to ban the whole Doctor Heli programme. But maybe it's just some sort of committee to examine what happened during the whole Kuroda/Shiraishi incident....

One super-cute thing was seeing Aizawa giving that golfish to the little girl. It was super sweet of him and it was really nice seeing him dealing the little girl who, being the same age as he was when he lost his mum, it reminded him so much of himself...it was beyond touching.

And poor Morimoto-sensei!! The way he got turned down by the heli officer: aah...it can't be helped if she's got an American boyfriend, can it? :p

I'll finish off by saying that I'm glad that the show's writers are making Yamapi's character so multidimensional. It's great seeing him pulling off such a difficult role.

Same goes for Erika Toda, the way she's playing Hiyama is making me like the character quite a lot. Even whenever she behaves like the spoilt little girl she really is, when it comes to being a doctor, only Aizawa is better than she is.
Sorry for the uber long post!! :D

thanks for shedding some light about what may happen on episode 8!

nek

Post by nek » Aug 26th, '08, 22:10

about kuroda imo it's a win win situation for him, aizawa will success him > kuroda gets to be with his family.

indie

Post by indie » Aug 27th, '08, 08:08

nek wrote:about kuroda imo it's a win win situation for him, aizawa will success him > kuroda gets to be with his family.
I honestly can't see how it's a win-win situation for anybody.
They had to remove his hand. That fact alone is enough to traumatize anyone. Even if they managed to reattach the hand, there will always be nerve damage or loss of mobility. But Kuroda sensei is a surgeon, his hands are the most important asset to him. Sure, he might be able to spend more time with his family, but it isn't his choice anymore. He's now forced to leave his position as a surgeon and since he really loves his job, I'm sure he's not going to be happy about that.

As for Aizawa, I'm sure his goal is to be the top surgeon, but by being so at someone else's expense probably isn't how he wanted to do it. He cares for Kuroda sensei too and I'm sure he doesn't want to lose a mentor. He's skilled but still young and has a lot to learn. I don't think he'll be able to be attending surgeon anytime soon because it takes years and years of experience before he's really ready.

And it's a great loss for the hospital as well.

But anyways, I'm only speculating. We'll just have to wait for episode 9 to really see how everyone is affected by this turn of events.

jhepoyski

Post by jhepoyski » Aug 27th, '08, 08:14

shiraishi will be in hell.. ill watch the next ep even without subs.. wonder what will happen to kuroda and the others..

sanaeozora

Post by sanaeozora » Aug 29th, '08, 23:43

@ rikie_11, can I assume that your comment referred to episode 9 and that it wasn't sarcastic? If the answer is affirmative, then you're welcome! If not, I'm sorry. :cry:

Regarding episode 9, after having watched it only once...

(DON'T READ IF YOU HAVEN'T SEEN THE EPPY!!!!!!!!!!! )
I've already said that I'm getting mad at Shiraishi for being the way she is and as much as I can understand her pain and suffering, it's even more painful to see that only Morimoto-sensei and Kaji-san tried to offer their support (kind of) to Aizawa who, after all, is the one who had to chop Kuroda's arm off. Shiraishi's panic attack which prevented her from boarding the heli was pretty extreme but Aizawa is probably just as freaked out as she is, he just knows how to keep his cool a lot better, methinks. But this doesn't mean he doesn't need the support....aww...I could go on forever about this...

The whole committee thing was a little overboard and I really wanted to cause some pain to that lawyer for the horribly nasty things he kept saying about the Fellowship. But hey, that was the inteded effect so here you go.

I found it a little odd seeing Kuroda-sensei's ex-wife being portrayed by the same actress who played Hayase-san in Kurosagi but it's okay. I guess Yamapi said 'Hisashiburi desu ne?' when he's seen her on the set! ^_^

And now Kuroda-sensei's son has that tumor thingy in his brain...no wonder he lost his cool in front of Saijo-sensei! Anybody would. I did find it cruel what he said to Shiraishi which made her run out in the rain...

Speaking of that scene and even though I'm not into the pairing, I was kind of hoping that Aizawa would hug her or something...but again, this is a drama so it's to be expected...

And the next eppy: that huge accident looks like it's going to cause trouble and I'm happy to see that Shiraishi was in the heli so she's recovered her fear. And Aizawa's granny seemed to remember him??? That's majorly interesting too, I hope Aizawa will have some sort of happy ending too.
This all said, anyone wants to start thinking of a possible Special or, even better, a second season??? I know I'm unreasonable but I want more CB and I refuse to think that it'll all be over in two weeks time...*cries*

Love Angel

Post by Love Angel » Aug 30th, '08, 09:15

ep08 was a really good one..
the little girl was soo cute..I liked how Aizawa dealt with her..it shows that he changes a bit, when he said that he want both of them to be saved..he really cared about the patient this time.

and I loved the scene where the little girl cried after hearing that the operation was successful. I just kept crying with her T.T

the end was a shock for me. I feel sorry for Kuroda-sensei..wonder how he will deal with his current situation T.T

XrayMind
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by XrayMind » Aug 31st, '08, 08:05

If you get a chance, go back and watch ep1. I don't know if was a forth shadowing or not on the field arm amputation that was done. But Kuroda-sensei did trust that Aizawa can do the job from what he had seen before. Even thought in ep1, the amputations had to be done on two young people, the medical staff reaction were totally different. Since it was done to someone so close to them.

loveless_soul

Post by loveless_soul » Aug 31st, '08, 08:08

I don't know about you guys but I'm not really into the whole AizawaxShiraishi couple. Maybe I've seen Toda Erika more or something but I keep hoping that she & Yamapi will get together or at least that nurse flight will be together with Yamapi.
Guess I'm not a big fan of Shiraishi's character =/

& bout episode 8
Shiraishi is getting on my nerve, she just like... stood there panicking and stuff when the others were trying to help.. well cutting off his hand but.. blah.
Hope to see episode 9 soon (: but not really looking forward to it cus of.. yeahhh AxS thing =/

Love Angel

Post by Love Angel » Aug 31st, '08, 08:35

me too..I'm not into AizawaXShirashi couple...I like erika's & the nurse characters better~

junkie

Post by junkie » Aug 31st, '08, 08:43

i knew i should have waited for the subs for ep9 before watching it! :T

can anybody help me with this?
my number 1 question would be: what did kuroda say to shiraishi in the last part when she ran out into the rain?

what was aizawa so worried about?

and, last, what was the board meeting thing all about?
would REALLY appreciate if someone could explain these to me. my jap's not up to par :(

jica

Post by jica » Aug 31st, '08, 18:53

I love that you can't really predict what will happen in this kind of drama.
I'm still having some trouble standing Shirashi, but after ep. 8 I really felt bad for her. Poor girl... I was really annoyed by her, but I guess they had to have her acting that reckless or else that situation wouldn't happen... And I think her panicked state is only natural. She is overburden with guilt. I mean, usually, you will feel bad when something goes wrong when you're in charge, but this time, the worst scenery appears, and she was the one to blame. Poor girl...

I didn't like the little girl but I liked the interaction between her and Aizawa. But the girl playing her was really impressive. They're good, the Japanese kiddos, at acting. HK kids can't act for 5 pennies.... (or the HK producers don't care if the kids are convincing or not).

I kind of like the way Aizawa is comforting people, well, sometimes at least. How he understands people's pride, he doesn't show his pity, more talking about other stuff but yet referring to the main problem. That scene with the nurse in the helicopter... I was like "what is he saying?? Can you really talk like that? Are you comforting her or what?" It's not the common "moral speech" like how you can be better, or how it isn't your fault or such like that. He's merely saying, "you're selfish, I'm too. That's how life is. Accept it."
It's like he's scolding her, and I think that she wanted to hear that. Her crying afterward seemed like a releasing cry.

Yeesh... couldn't Aizawa just have hugged Shirashi at the end of ep. 9?
*roles eyes*
I hope there will be no pairing in this drama. Aizawa doesn't have to end up with someone, does he? It looks like there is an Aizawa/Shirashi tendency, but I don't really think that Pi's character really are interested in girls at the moment.... ^^;
Anyway, I rather want to see Aizawa end up with either Hiyama or the nurse. O-o
(Though Hiyama doesn't look like she's interested to date with someone at work, she wants a life outside the hospital).

A second season? I would love that!
*wishes hard*

hazelkenro
Location: Mocomichi Hayami,Teppei Koike and Wentz Eiji Paradise

I really love this Series

Post by hazelkenro » Aug 31st, '08, 19:11

P-chan is so handsome Sensei!!!!

I think this series end up so soon I think sept 12

honeyiceblend

Post by honeyiceblend » Aug 31st, '08, 19:43

Regarding Episode 8:
Everything is perfect before this episode! Things come in, the doctors save the people, we learn something from it and the episode ended quite perfectly.

But Shiraishi is irritating the heck out of me in episode 8. Don't be mistaken though, I love Gakki. But her role in Code Blue is not someone who we will be in favor with. She's so weak in the beginning already. But I guessed I could understand that. Her face just spelt something alone the line with frail and feeble.

But, she was letting herself getting overpowered with the sense of guilt. She over panicked and couldn't think straight. Maybe she's linking this with the nightmare earlier.

Sigh, I just hoped she could pull herself up a little more. She can't be like this forever. ><" And now what? Does she needs a counselor because of the events that took place?

sanaeozora

Post by sanaeozora » Sep 1st, '08, 11:43

To Loveless and Love Angel:

You're not the only ones who would prefer seeing Aizawa with Hiyama or Saejima. I haven't been into the whole Shiraishi thing since the beginning. Yeah, ideally speaking they'd be good together since they're perfect opposites and we all know that opposites attract each other but, as of late, I find it difficult to like Shiraishi as a character...which is a pity because she started off as the most likeable of all five of them. Now, while the others have all improved in more than one way, she seems to me like she's getting worse. I can only hope that she'll 'rescue' herself in these two final episodes.

BTW, the above is a very personal view which will more than likely not be shared by any of you. I appologise in advance in case I offend anyone. That was definitely not my intention.

Salz

Post by Salz » Sep 1st, '08, 11:45

i also prefer Aizawa and Hiyama together :D

XrayMind
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by XrayMind » Sep 1st, '08, 17:38

From looking at the preview for ep10,
the very last scene with the large traffic accident, you can see Shiraishi and Hiyama coming out of the helicopter. So Shiraishi will be able to get back on the helicopter. I think they are going to need all 4 of the training doctors at the accident site. Remember they are short handed(bad pun) with surgeons at the hospital. So Fujikawa might get his chance to ride on the copter.

sanaeozora

Post by sanaeozora » Sep 1st, '08, 18:18

This is a super rough translation of the Trailer for Episode #10 at Fuji TV's official website:
Aizawa, Morimoto and Saejima carry back to the hospital a patient who's got an electrical shock and has fallen from about 10 meters. For some reason at the emergency room they think the patient is okay but Aizawa makes a different, more accurate diagnosis and Shiraishi, after peforming a FAST test determines that there is some internal bleeding thus saving his life.

Meanwhile Saijo-sensei is operating Kuroda's son trying to remove an encephaloma but has to be very careful since it's very close to the language center and could leave the boy disabled.

Also, the old sensei (the hospital's director) submits his resignation because of what happened with Kuroda and Shiraishi. I'm not sure if it gets accepted or not.

That same night, a pregnant lady is admitted into the emergency center with a broken pelvis having become trapped under a bookcase. It's Mitsui-sensei who accepts the request since other hospitals have already refused her. Aizawa and Hiyama hurry to get things prepared and it seems like Aizawa will be the one in charge, but...

(Reading this makes me assume that the massive accident which we saw in the preview happens as usual at the end of the episode and, the fact that Shiraishi is in the helicopter makes me think that her correct use of the FAST device earlier on makes her get enough confidence to get back into active flying duty).
I CAN'T WAIT TILL THURSDAY TO WATCH IT!!!! ^_^

jo_ajero@yahoo.com

Post by jo_ajero@yahoo.com » Sep 3rd, '08, 09:59

I dont think aizawa would be paired with anyone here. If they did pair him up, they would have to pull a fast one and the relationship would look hurried.
He doesnt look like his drawn to any of the girls. Except maybe for the nurse, even the kid in ep 8 alluded to it. But even then I dont feel any 'sizzle'.
He cant even visit his grandma, how can he find time to even date?

SayonaraKonayuki

Post by SayonaraKonayuki » Sep 3rd, '08, 22:02

jo_ajero@yahoo.com wrote:I dont think aizawa would be paired with anyone here.
He cant even visit his grandma, how can he find time to even date?
yeah, I agree.
Plus, Yamapi & Gakki even said in an interview that there wouldn't be any romances, or more specifically love scenes in this drama.

And regarding that rain scene in episode 8...
Even though I really wanted Aizawa to hug Shirashi, it would have been way too out of character. The fact that he ran after her/comforted her/put his hand on her shoulder was big character development right there. In the first or second episode, he wouldn't have done that. And there's lots of reasons why he didn't hug her.
Even if he does have feelings for Shirashi, he wouldn't complicate things/risk his career by starting a relationship. He cares too much about his work and reputation as a committed doctor.
I think that what he did was a big step for Aizawa.
And I think that he cares for Shirashi a lot- maybe not romantically, but as a person in general. [Though he would never admit it].
I really love this show.
It doesn't have an awesome, action and drama-packed storyline, but it's just real and the character development is really meaningful and focused in on.

justsayes

Post by justsayes » Sep 4th, '08, 02:06

LOL I do think it was established earlier on that there wouldn't really be any romance in this dorama; everybody's just having fun with a little imagination, I think. Besides, it's like yaoi, making something out of nothing, eh? Okay, bad comparison - -;;

I can see Aizawa and Hiyama together in a no-strings-attached situation. I love Hiyama's sarcasm to Aizawa's dryness, and of course, their lusty glances at each other in the operating room :DDD

As for relationship, hmm, they more or less respect one another for their skills. Now that Hiyama's much improved than the earlier episodes, I can't wait to see a showdown between the two of them. And it seems we're going full circle, as the preview (from sanaeozora, thanks!) for tomorrow's episode has another pregnant patient, and the ones operating with Mitsui-sensei are Hiyama and Aizawa :D Who shall prevail???

sanaeozora

Post by sanaeozora » Sep 4th, '08, 19:46

Oopsie....it seems like I got this bit wrong:
Also, the old sensei (the hospital's director) submits his resignation because of what happened with Kuroda and Shiraishi. I'm not sure if it gets accepted or not.
Apparently, the one submitting the resignation is......SHIRAISHI!!
Off to continue watching episode 10....to see what happens next....:p

TboneGY

Name of cast

Post by TboneGY » Sep 6th, '08, 15:44

Hey do anyone knows the name of the flight operations lady who appears to have a scandal with Dr. Tadashi?

Love Angel

Post by Love Angel » Sep 11th, '08, 11:03

episode 9 was really good..
.I really felt sorry for Kuroda-sensei T.T he was not able to do anything for his son~
& we he said to shirashi that he wished that he didn't meet them at all..I felt sorry for them all T.T
the last scene between aizawa & shirashi was nice..but I didn't expect him to hug her or something..It didn't fit his character lol
I really love this show.
It doesn't have an awesome, action and drama-packed storyline, but it's just real and the character development is really meaningful and focused in on
yup..I feel exactly the same way..it have it's real/touching moments..that's why I love it..also I love to see the interactions between doctors/patients..there were some emotional scenes/lines out there..

regarding the ost, the piano version of hanabi isn't included in it? the one that they play it in the episodes~ :roll I love it :wub:

bikyo4ever_xxii

Post by bikyo4ever_xxii » Sep 11th, '08, 11:41

when does this end? is it today or tomorrow?
i know it airs every thursday but then when i look at it on dramawiki, it's written that it's until sept12?
i'm quite confuse~

i hope there'll be Code Blue 2 or Code Blue SP! :)

i go for AizawaxHiyama! :) Shiraishi irritates me sometimes(though Aragaki is one of my favorite) because i don't see her suits for yamapi... *tegoshixaragaki better!* and Saejima? dang, it really irritates me whenever she's with aizawa... i don't like her... though she's quite cute but then, idk... i can't put my vote to her... ;D well, Hiyama suits Aizawa the best! ;D that's my opinion...

Salz

Post by Salz » Sep 11th, '08, 12:58

yeah AizawaxHiyama is the best<333

Love Angel

Post by Love Angel » Sep 11th, '08, 15:51

when does this end? is it today or tomorrow?
i know it airs every thursday but then when i look at it on dramawiki, it's written that it's until sept12?
i'm quite confuse~
yes the last episode aired today..& I read in news_jpop that there is a SP of Code blue coming up in 2009! :cheers: it was announced in the end of the final episode ^o^

sanaeozora

Post by sanaeozora » Sep 11th, '08, 17:55

Yes! I read it on the official website too:

http://wwwz.fujitv.co.jp/codeblue/topics/12.html

It's awesome news! I've been dreading watching the finale but now, knowing this, it makes it easier!

XrayMind
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by XrayMind » Sep 12th, '08, 05:02

episode 11
Well I guessed right that traffic accident is big enough and they are short handed(bad pun again) that they will need Fujikawa on scene.

bikyo4ever_xxii

Post by bikyo4ever_xxii » Sep 12th, '08, 13:57

Love Angel
wow!that's a great news!love it!thanks for the info!:)

can't wait for the SP... :)

qnhu
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by qnhu » Sep 12th, '08, 15:11

Querbeet will be most likely going to sub the SP for Code Blue, too.
Hopefully it won't be a re-cap of the episodes...

Softsubs for ep10 are out!
I haven't had a chance to watch through the last episode yet but the end of ep10 looks kind of... gloomy. I have a sense of foreboding. I'm aloost sure Fujikawa will be able to ride the heli, but I could imagine one of the doctors will die or at least get injured. I hope not, though.

As for the pairings. I'm a Aizawa & Hiyama shipper, even though I can live with Aizawa & Saejima. Shiraishi has only disappointed me throughout the series. I don't know. I liked her at the beginning but Gakki doesn't really carry the significant scenes (like the one in the rain) well. I dunno what's wrong but she seems to lack some skills and that may be why Shiraishi seems so inkompetent and sometimes a little spoilt due to her background.

drknd22

Post by drknd22 » Sep 12th, '08, 15:14

how to download full drama series for free from this site

irish_robz

Post by irish_robz » Sep 13th, '08, 08:41

qnhu wrote:I could imagine one of the doctors will die or at least get injured
Fujikawa cries in the preview for ep11...i wonder what that might be about :unsure:

hazelkenro

[News] "Code Blue" to get New Year's special

Post by hazelkenro » Sep 13th, '08, 18:12

September 13, 2008

Fuji TV's medical drama series "Code Blue" ended its run on Thursday, but the network has announced that a special two-hour episode will air during the New Year's period at the start of 2009.

According to Video Research Ltd.'s viewership data, the last episode had ratings of 19.5%, putting the entire series average at 15.9%. With the rest of this season's dramas almost over as well, it appears that "Code Blue" will have the highest ratings of the summer.

The special episode is set to take place after the events of the final episode. The main cast has been confirmed as returning, including Tomohisa Yamashita, Yui Aragaki, Erika Toda, Manami Higa, and Yosuke Asari.

Fuji TV has not yet scheduled an exact date for the special.

Source: Sankei Sports

Credits:TG

Excess Congratz P-chan Highest Ratings!!!Sugoi!

Love Angel

Post by Love Angel » Sep 13th, '08, 18:53

@bikyo4ever_xxii: u r welcome ^o^

@drknd22: u can download from this site by using a bittorrent client ^^

episode 10 was very good!! I don't know why but I got teary eyes watching the preview of the last episode XD
I really hope that Fujikawa will be able to ride the heli~
With the rest of this season's dramas almost over as well, it appears that "Code Blue" will have the highest ratings of the summer.

Omedetou to Code blue team ^.^

XrayMind
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by XrayMind » Sep 13th, '08, 21:58

Since the subtitles are out for ep10, I don't think I need spoiler for this. Anyway, it's nothing about the story line in this episode. It's about the location where they film the accident. It looks like it was film on incomplete highway. At the end of episode 10, as the overhead camera pull away and the screen fade to end credit, you can clearly see the bridge pillars for the other direction without the roadway on them.

BTW, it was weird yesterday for me to finish watching the raw for episode 11 and then watching all of the live coverage of the train accident in LA. Watching all of rescue people trying to pull victims out. This being LA, I think there were more new copters in the air than rescue copters.

dangitsdon

Post by dangitsdon » Sep 13th, '08, 22:33

mou ikkai mou ikkai! lol.
my fav drama theme song at the moment.
i laughed when the male nurse said that to aizawa's grandma when helping her walk in ep 10.

anyways...cant wait til final episode! this is my fav series of the summer-fall.
i just want to know one thing....WILL HE RIDE?!?!?!?! hahaha.

lol if i were aizawa......i would go for Shiraishi! she is so beautiful. but that saejima...there is something about her too....its a toughie. i dunno about hiyama....her other side (references to her group date in the past episode) makes it seem like she is a gal girl outside of her job lol....referencing to her gal circle role....i dont think aizawa would like that lol.

oh and thanks for info about the SP, makes things more awesome!

irish_robz

Post by irish_robz » Sep 14th, '08, 02:06

@ hiyama Galcir role
well, I think there was one scene where Shiraishi asked her to take her along in the future? *cough* Nagisa :lol

dangitsdon

Post by dangitsdon » Sep 14th, '08, 03:09

irish_robz wrote:@ hiyama Galcir role
well, I think there was one scene where Shiraishi asked her to take her along in the future? *cough* Nagisa :lol
omg lol i forgot that they were both in galcir as well. HAHAHAHA.
it makes it much more funnier!

its weird seeing them from gal girls into doctors lol. especially shiraishi she is much more different than her galcir role, hiyama is kinda the same if you ask me. lol.

honeyiceblend

Post by honeyiceblend » Sep 14th, '08, 06:35

I have finished watching the last episode. XD
Despite all of us really getting annoyed with Shiraishi, trust me I'm really annoyed by that too. But I guess that's part of her, at the back, she had become more confident. For example:
when the other doctors wanted to give up and run away from the explosion or smth, she was actually the one that stood up and preserve to save the guy
I believe she won't behave like that if she hadn't went through what she went through.

Also, I love how Aizawa felt when he's saving the patients now. ^_^ He sure had changed alot. XD

celticmoon

Post by celticmoon » Sep 15th, '08, 04:59

honeyiceblend wrote:Despite all of us really getting annoyed with Shiraishi, trust me I'm really annoyed by that too. But I guess that's part of her, at the back, she had become more confident. For example:
when the other doctors wanted to give up and run away from the explosion or smth, she was actually the one that stood up and preserve to save the guy
To be honest, I thought that part was kinda weird. I mean, she had just made Kuroda lose his arm a couple episodes back, and this time she risked the lives of all of the other doctors? Sure, it made for a a touching/moving moment for the viewer, as she was so determined to save the life of the injured man, but after what had already happened, I don't think she would be in the position to stand up to everyone like that.

Overall Shiraishi's character was just extremely poorly written. She was inconsistent throughout the series, and I don't think too many viewers were able to relate to her.

But with that said, I still enjoyed the series, though it definitely isn't one of the best dramas I've ever seen. And I'll be looking forward to the special.

honeyiceblend

Post by honeyiceblend » Sep 15th, '08, 05:11

celticmoon wrote:
honeyiceblend wrote:Despite all of us really getting annoyed with Shiraishi, trust me I'm really annoyed by that too. But I guess that's part of her, at the back, she had become more confident. For example:
To be honest, I thought that part was kinda weird. I mean, she had just made Kuroda lose his arm a couple episodes back, and this time she risked the lives of all of the other doctors? Sure, it made for a a touching/moving moment for the viewer, as she was so determined to save the life of the injured man, but after what had already happened, I don't think she would be in the position to stand up to everyone like that.

Overall Shiraishi's character was just extremely poorly written. She was inconsistent throughout the series, and I don't think too many viewers were able to relate to her.

But with that said, I still enjoyed the series, though it definitely isn't one of the best dramas I've ever seen. And I'll be looking forward to the special.
I guess it's because of the surgery that took place after the Kuroda accident? Like she wanted to quit. Then something cropped up in the hospital that she had no choice but to actually do that surgery herself.

She succeeded, and if I don't remember wrongly, Kuroda actually praised her? Or somewhere along the line.

I believe she got her posture there. I don't know how to say it, I just felt she got stronger after the Kuroda's accident. :scratch:

HypnoSurf22

Post by HypnoSurf22 » Sep 15th, '08, 06:25

i just finished the last ep. overall i liked the drama. it did improved from the first few eps. the portrayal of aizawa sensei's grandmother was great. that actress did an really acurate job of playing someone with advanced alzeimers disease. how tragic and painful that disease can be. also kuroda sensei's personal story was really touching. the scene with him talking with his son during the surgery was captivating and scary. the kid playing the son did a great job. the main problem with this drama is that it was just too short to allow for proper character developement of the four main characters. they relied too much on thier star power to hook you in. thats not enough for me to begin to care about them. i'd say they were competent but nothing more. i think this drama could become great if they added more seasons. there's so much more they could do with this drama besides some silly rehashed special next year but i guess thats too much to ask of jland dramas.

kuro570

Post by kuro570 » Sep 17th, '08, 16:47

I think I'm the only one who doesn't like this drama that much, not because its a bad drama cause its not... its just well after watching Iryu and Iryu 2 I can't find any medical dramas thats so epic ><Still><

laifalove

Post by laifalove » Sep 17th, '08, 18:30

kuro570 wrote:I think I'm the only one who doesn't like this drama that much, not because its a bad drama cause its not... its just well after watching Iryu and Iryu 2 I can't find any medical dramas thats so epic ><Still><
Try Tomorrow, it's another drama that also aired over the summer. The plot is somewhat similar to Iryu 2 (turning hospitals into private hospitals), but not as dramatic (no batista). Still pretty interesting though.

kuro570

Post by kuro570 » Sep 17th, '08, 20:27

I'll give it a shot ^.^

keaiclam

Post by keaiclam » Sep 29th, '08, 03:26

Overall it was pretty good.
I liked how Shiraishi did that at the end. =D
Yamapi's change in character was good to watch too.

avieamber
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by avieamber » Oct 1st, '08, 14:19

just finished the series. Overall, it did it's job by introducing the Doctor Heli program and all that. And i think i had a crush on the helicopter itself LOL :lol But it's nice, white and red blends well. And i like it when they go to different sites and having different cases to work with. However, it's lacking character development. Shiraishi's especially. Even the other guy (the one with specs did much better *in terms of acting and character* than her) imo.
The last case was a bit of a letdown to me, actually coz i was anticipating some serious DRAMA and maybe one casualty from the doctors? And having Shiraishi sacrificing her life for that ONE victim makes her a heroin, but then when i think about it, she could have sacrificed a WHOLE BUNCH of the others as well for her action, although she didn't force them to stay with her, and they stayed on their own will. (i just find 5 doctors and a nurse working on a victim is a bit TOO MUCH to digest while there are many others outside)

Anyway, i'm glad that everything was pretty much resolved in the end.

ainhoa

Post by ainhoa » Oct 2nd, '08, 23:10

I can't believe people actually enjoyed this drama. I honestly tried to get myself to like it, I really tried, but I just couldn't. Yamapi's hair didn't help much either.

kamkar1

Post by kamkar1 » Oct 2nd, '08, 23:16

ainhoa wrote:I can't believe people actually enjoyed this drama. I honestly tried to get myself to like it, I really tried, but I just couldn't. Yamapi's hair didn't help much either.
Me too I could not continue watching it even for yampi ...was boring ...next one yampi :salut:

kuro570

Post by kuro570 » Oct 2nd, '08, 23:23

kamkar1 wrote:
ainhoa wrote:I can't believe people actually enjoyed this drama. I honestly tried to get myself to like it, I really tried, but I just couldn't. Yamapi's hair didn't help much either.
Me too I could not continue watching it even for yampi ...was boring ...next one yampi :salut:
I'm glad I'm not the only one who thought that way ^.^

avieamber
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by avieamber » Oct 2nd, '08, 23:56

i don't actually have much problem with Yamapi's hair, but his acting annoys me a LOT. hate his expressionless face. :glare:

BlaqNumbr9

Post by BlaqNumbr9 » Oct 3rd, '08, 00:07

I loved this show...but I found it incomplete. The last show didn't do a good job of tying up the loose ends. I doubt that the special will tie things up either. It felt unfinished.

Ginto-gin

Post by Ginto-gin » Nov 2nd, '08, 05:36

Finally finished this series! Took me a while cos I'd watch one episode a week and treated it like my "weekend special" ;-) I like medical dramas in general, and I'd say Code Blue is solid. Oh, and Love Song does a superb job with the subs!

hazelkenro

Post by hazelkenro » Nov 25th, '08, 01:05

THE CODE BLUE SP AIR ON JAN 10 2009 Wow!its AIR NEXT YEAR

cant wait to Watched it!!!!

source: Tokyograph

evolute8

Post by evolute8 » Jan 10th, '09, 13:28

Anyone found the torrent for code blue SP ?

Alecsa-chan

Post by Alecsa-chan » Jan 10th, '09, 13:35

evolute8 wrote:Anyone found the torrent for code blue SP ?
It's still airing in Japan right now. Be patient :-)

Arikado

Post by Arikado » Jan 13th, '09, 13:31

hazelkenro wrote:THE CODE BLUE SP AIR ON JAN 10 2009 Wow!its AIR NEXT YEAR

cant wait to Watched it!!!!

source: Tokyograph
lol it was announced from the last episode of the drama =.=' :P
downloading now from DA!~~weeeee

JenDaArc

Post by JenDaArc » Jan 31st, '09, 13:23

Maybe some people don't like this drama but I do..somehow..and...alot..actually ^^

I like how all the characters interact with each other and its fun seeing them grow and change to a better person. I really looked forward to the SP when it was announced.
sadly, I really wish that there was something between Aizawa and Saejima. I personally think they'd make a great couple. Aizawa the great doctor with Saejima as his sidekick and gF(they're always working together in most critical times and Saejima seems like she understood why Aizawa acts the way he is)..I wanted to see that ^^

avieamber
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by avieamber » Jan 31st, '09, 13:45

i'm done with the SP and it was a good closure to the series, and i find that yamapi isnt as annoying as he was though...but i find the case not as exciting as i hoped it would be. still it's nice to see things end properly.

ssih

Post by ssih » Mar 18th, '09, 18:52

I just finished the 11 original episodes. I'll watch the SP soon.

Overall, I enjoyed the series. I thought they did a lot of fairly exciting on-location scenes. The American medical dramas take place almost exclusively in the hospital, with the patients always getting delivered by ambulance. The scene on the raised highway was especially good.

But... is Yamapi deaf? 90% of the time when someone said something to him, he just kept the same stony face and ignored them. After Nobuta, I really liked the guy, but I've watched three straight jdramas where he's had the same somber expression on his face throughout. I fear he's going to get typecast. Let him do something happy for christ sake! Or if not happy, at least make him responsive.

JenDaArc

Post by JenDaArc » Mar 18th, '09, 23:18

ssih wrote:I just finished the 11 original episodes. I'll watch the SP soon.

Overall, I enjoyed the series. I thought they did a lot of fairly exciting on-location scenes. The American medical dramas take place almost exclusively in the hospital, with the patients always getting delivered by ambulance. The scene on the raised highway was especially good.

But... is Yamapi deaf? 90% of the time when someone said something to him, he just kept the same stony face and ignored them. After Nobuta, I really liked the guy, but I've watched three straight jdramas where he's had the same somber expression on his face throughout. I fear he's going to get typecast. Let him do something happy for christ sake! Or if not happy, at least make him responsive.
I agree 100% on that! Maybe they're trying to make him look cool with that non-responsive face but seriously the Yamapi that most people love is the one who played Akira in Nobuta. Even though I don't have any problems with him playing serious characters but right now, it looks like that's the only role he's potraying which is kinda boring

I wanna see more happiness. I hope we get to see him in happier dramas after this!

gauri92

Post by gauri92 » Mar 19th, '09, 10:27

well, if kimi no todoke does get made and he gets teh character of kazeheya, that would be a breath of fresh air for sure....because he would have to be happy throughout!!!

Ender's Girl

Post by Ender's Girl » Nov 16th, '09, 12:46

Thought I'd share my retarded Code Blue rant:

http://endersgirrrl.wordpress.com/2009/ ... i-tv-2008/

:alcoholic: :alcoholic: :alcoholic:

celticmoon

Post by celticmoon » Nov 17th, '09, 02:44

http://wwwz.fujitv.co.jp/codeblue/topics/16.html

Code Blue second season for Fuji Gestsu Ku, Winter 2010. Yanagiba Toshiro is out, Shiina Kippei and Lily Franky (!?) are in.

menaine

Post by menaine » Jan 14th, '10, 22:01

Just wacthed Code Blue 2nd season eps1 Raw
i have nothing much to say, mostly because i don't understand nihon go
those trainee doctors have a little bit difference appereance with the first season, now they are look a bit mature,
if in the first season they look like a bunch of highschooler (at that time i feel they are too young to become a doctor, especially gakky, i cannot get rid her teenage image in my mind) but not this time

about the story, i'm not really sure, but it's good enough for me to continue this series
so i will be be waited for the next eps

I made a video spoiler of 1st eps (if you curious):

lokuna

Post by lokuna » Jan 19th, '10, 04:51

2nd Season has started。
Can't wait for it

Hydeister

Post by Hydeister » Jan 26th, '10, 22:18

Ep3 of the second season is totally sad and painful :-(, I just don't know how they managed to make this atmosphere from the start of this season, But I can say it's definitely better than the first one.

I'm sticking with this dorama to the end.

Love Angel

Post by Love Angel » Feb 6th, '10, 17:29

^

yeah the 3rd episode was really sad.I shed tears through out the episode..
and I agree...it's better than the 1st season..can't wait for the next episode since the ending was a cliffhanger ..

sweetimpact

Post by sweetimpact » Feb 7th, '10, 15:03

Enjoying s2 a lot, seeing character development and a lot more focus on ethics and morals of being a doctor.

caramelchampagne

Post by caramelchampagne » Feb 7th, '10, 15:53

epi 3 is da best it was sad i really like it

bananaloverz

Post by bananaloverz » Feb 9th, '10, 01:20

I just watched the third episode of the 2nd season. man, it was GOOD!!!
Really heart wrenching. Well, it is not like Matsui has any choice left but to be taken up and die, but, it is tragic that he gotta be dumped just minutes before that.. And died because of the very same girl....... What a story
[/spoiler]

shioki

Post by shioki » Feb 11th, '10, 01:27

ep5 was really sad...
especially when he has a clear idea of how long he has left before he die...that the bad thing about being a doctor
season 2 contain much less gore than 1. i remember moving away from my laptop because the operation knife is about to enter the skin or whenever there's terrible operation...but there's wasn't any this season except in 1st 3 eps. its moving away from operation gore to the story of the main characters. well...thats a good thing too, i don't really like gory stuffs, but i still hope that they don't deviate too much.

H a n a

looking for a song from code blue 2

Post by H a n a » Feb 12th, '10, 12:39

hiii everybody !!!
how are you all ??
I think most of you watched the first episodes from code blue 2
there is a slow song that's always being repeated...it is nice
I checked for it in the first season ost ,,,and I didn't find it
so where can I find it?
and do you think there will be a special ost for code blue 2 ??