[Discussion] Maou (Ohno Satoshi & Ikuta Toma)

Discuss Japanese drama series here.
Post Reply
User avatar
aishoni2
Posts: 198
Joined: Mar 26th, '07, 07:33

Post by aishoni2 » Jul 13th, '08, 06:25

raiseplus wrote:

its not a pepper gun its a gas gun. the smell is gas. i just looked it up on the korean mawang drama summary site. when sora mom sprays the gun its a mist that comes out.. i dont think pepper gun causes hazards when accident eating it lol. after all pepper is eatable. maybe for the eyes..
its the same thing: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pepper_spray.
It can cause death to people who have asthma.

I'm ok with the age flip because I guess it helps to condense the drama to 11/12 required episodes.
Although I do love watching Seung Ha's emotional pain sooooo much... Seung Ha is one tragic character. I like him very much.
But I like Ohno better. Naruse is a bit more psychotic like Light so the "IMMA GONNA GET YOU AND UR FAMILY" look was performed to perfection. Freaky.
Last edited by aishoni2 on Jul 13th, '08, 12:19, edited 1 time in total.
Image Image Image Image

str4wb3rry
Posts: 17
Joined: Mar 16th, '08, 23:33

Post by str4wb3rry » Jul 13th, '08, 07:06

Ohno Satoshi's acting is out shining Toma's by a lot.
Also does anyone else not like they way Toma runs?

sword_of_heaven
Posts: 32
Joined: Aug 15th, '07, 06:00
Location: In front of my computer, always..

Post by sword_of_heaven » Jul 13th, '08, 08:31

To be honest, I wanted to wait for a few episodes to be released before I watched this coz I HATE WAITING, but I couldn't resist and I have to say - OH MY GOD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


I can't believe that my favourite baka leader who ran backwards and ate all sorts of weird stuff, and acted so funny in all his shows and got so easily hypnotised would be like this!!!!!!!!


Ohno was really really REALLY sugoi - the intensity was just right - if he had looked too intense, it would have spoiled it and if he had reduced his intensity, it would have not been as scary...as it were, I found his stare extremely creepy.

Toma was really over energetic - felt tired just watching him, and seemed more of a hotblooded than a good detective, but that's probably his role and who knows, he'll probably be more - shall we say restrained - later.. really interesting. I'm afraid to watch the Korean though coz I'm sure I will make comparisons. I'll watch this first after all.

And I am not sure if Nino really will have a major role to play, but I hope they don't just exaggerate him being there to bump up ratings.. coz we don't really need ohmiya to bump up ratings here, its good enough as it were.

Ohno really needs to be congratulated on doing so well in his first real drama.

I didn't like the flashbacks though, seemed a little fake.

Heh, I am also glad that Ohno smirked like that otherwise his empty stare really was creeping me out. I guess I've officially become an Ohno fangirl now, ne?

User avatar
Ladymercury
Posts: 575
Joined: Mar 27th, '05, 06:04

Post by Ladymercury » Jul 13th, '08, 11:53

Guys, guys, guys XD Can we put the korean drama spoilers in spoiler cuts too XD I'm being spoiled like heck here LOL

User avatar
Sloth
Posts: 17
Joined: Jul 12th, '08, 14:32
Location: France

Post by Sloth » Jul 13th, '08, 11:58

sword_of_heaven wrote:To be honest, I wanted to wait for a few episodes to be released before I watched this coz I HATE WAITING, but I couldn't resist and I have to say - OH MY GOD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


I can't believe that my favourite baka leader who ran backwards and ate all sorts of weird stuff, and acted so funny in all his shows and got so easily hypnotised would be like this!!!!!!!!


Ohno was really really REALLY sugoi - the intensity was just right - if he had looked too intense, it would have spoiled it and if he had reduced his intensity, it would have not been as scary...as it were, I found his stare extremely creepy.

Toma was really over energetic - felt tired just watching him, and seemed more of a hotblooded than a good detective, but that's probably his role and who knows, he'll probably be more - shall we say restrained - later.. really interesting. I'm afraid to watch the Korean though coz I'm sure I will make comparisons. I'll watch this first after all.

And I am not sure if Nino really will have a major role to play, but I hope they don't just exaggerate him being there to bump up ratings.. coz we don't really need ohmiya to bump up ratings here, its good enough as it were.

Ohno really needs to be congratulated on doing so well in his first real drama.

I didn't like the flashbacks though, seemed a little fake.

Heh, I am also glad that Ohno smirked like that otherwise his empty stare really was creeping me out. I guess I've officially become an Ohno fangirl now, ne?
I know what you mean. I'm an Ohno ichibaner and it really feels weird to see him like that.
You actually forget that he's... a little angel haha. He's a really innocent person and I think that makes his character more frightening.

About Ohmiya, I'd love to see Nino more... You can feel the chemistry between them <3
Feels like the Tarou/Okama scene is so far away... Now it's Ohno the lead role ^^

User avatar
happyfingers
Posts: 11
Joined: Jul 8th, '08, 17:50

Post by happyfingers » Jul 13th, '08, 12:18

em, hello, i'm new here, this is my 3rd post btw lol
used to be a silent reader but after the existance of maou i can't stop the urge to write something over here xD

firstly, maou is amazing.

ohno and toma are both amazing actor. and the same goes to the other casts of the drama too.

i just hope people are not comparing too much about ohno and toma because obviously they're playing a really different character @_@

i've watched the 1st ep and can't wait for ep2 with sub ^^

go maou go! xD

User avatar
Ladymercury
Posts: 575
Joined: Mar 27th, '05, 06:04

Post by Ladymercury » Jul 13th, '08, 14:57

But I like Ohno better. Naruse is a bit more psychotic like Light so the "IMMA GONNA GET YOU AND UR FAMILY" look was performed to perfection. Freaky.
I didn't understand, in that interview, when they mentioned that the producers picked Ohno for his face.

... But watching Maou, I realized, everything portrayed from Naruse's character IS from his facial features. Everything conveyed is through his facial expressions.

And its like, really, amazing because I would have never expected Ohno to .... look oh so evil. D:

IceFight
Posts: 13
Joined: Jul 11th, '08, 08:45
Location: Western Australia

Post by IceFight » Jul 13th, '08, 17:20

You know what I just picked up?

When we first see Shiori she's humming Somewhere Over the Rainbow
And when Naruse's brother is playing the harmonica, he's playing Somewhere Over the Rainbow

I wonder if that's got to do with anything. xD

User avatar
Sloth
Posts: 17
Joined: Jul 12th, '08, 14:32
Location: France

Post by Sloth » Jul 13th, '08, 17:33

IceFight wrote:
You know what I just picked up?

When we first see Shiori she's humming Somewhere Over the Rainbow
And when Naruse's brother is playing the harmonica, he's playing Somewhere Over the Rainbow

I wonder if that's got to do with anything. xD
Well she said that Naruse looked familiar... Maybe she knew his brother (they're about the same age I think). Does Ryo know about it?
I just saw a preview of episode 3 here

It seems that the next tarot card will be sent to Shiori... I find that really weird. Ryo has no intention of killing her so why did he send her a card? I think that he tries to confuse Naoto even more...

Don't you think that Ryo looked jealous of Naoto? I think the love triangle is gonna start in episode 3 ^^.

User avatar
aishoni2
Posts: 198
Joined: Mar 26th, '07, 07:33

Post by aishoni2 » Jul 14th, '08, 00:14

Ladymercury wrote:
But I like Ohno better. Naruse is a bit more psychotic like Light so the "IMMA GONNA GET YOU AND UR FAMILY" look was performed to perfection. Freaky.
I didn't understand, in that interview, when they mentioned that the producers picked Ohno for his face.

... But watching Maou, I realized, everything portrayed from Naruse's character IS from his facial features. Everything conveyed is through his facial expressions.

And its like, really, amazing because I would have never expected Ohno to .... look oh so evil. D:
The producers said that? I remember the producer chose Ohno because of his mysterious aura from doing his artwork in secret and stuff. Like, he's a suspicious character eventhough he's known for his pleasantness. He said it'll be much more scarier if a person like him play such a character. He's right.

Ohno is amazing with all that expressions acrobatics. For me, the supposedly pleasant look was more spine chilling than Maou look.
The part when he said, "Kotoba..sumthing2... Junketsu, muk" in the church and looking at Shiori like everything is fine... Ohno san... that's scaryyy
You kind of wonder if the pufferfish captain that ate 23 yr old curry and said it was SERIOUSLY DELICIOUS has disappeared, but then you see him being mocked at by his Arashi members, the world is a happy place again ^^
Image Image Image Image

gustov
Posts: 18
Joined: Apr 19th, '08, 03:37
Location: California

Post by gustov » Jul 14th, '08, 03:44

Every scene where Naruse gets a small "payback" to Serizawa.. I get chills up my spine. Like the scene in the first ep where they're doing the reenactment and Naruse says the same verdict as Serizawa's case back in the day. Ohno's acting keeps his character cool, yet you can tell his aura is saying, "I'm slowly getting ya!" lol. yeah... this show rocks!

User avatar
totally_0bsessed
Posts: 577
Joined: Apr 25th, '08, 05:52

Post by totally_0bsessed » Jul 14th, '08, 08:43

:cheers: so glad to meet fellow 0hno ichibanners! yeah!
anyway... Naruse is really different from what we see from 0h-chan most especially with fellow arashi members... he really does have a great job acting Naruse... and from what I know the director chose him because of his mysterious aura and angelic face... :P anyway,
regarding shiori... I think the reason that he is familiar to her is probably because he bought the tarot cards from her... isn't it the from ep 1 it is said that shiori's family sells those cards... :lol

User avatar
Sloth
Posts: 17
Joined: Jul 12th, '08, 14:32
Location: France

Post by Sloth » Jul 14th, '08, 08:52

totally_0bsessed wrote::cheers: so glad to meet fellow 0hno ichibanners! yeah!
anyway... Naruse is really different from what we see from 0h-chan most especially with fellow arashi members... he really does have a great job acting Naruse... and from what I know the director chose him because of his mysterious aura and angelic face... :P anyway,
regarding shiori... I think the reason that he is familiar to her is probably because he bought the tarot cards from her... isn't it the from ep 1 it is said that shiori's family sells those cards... :lol
Yeah so that means he bought the cards really long ago, when he was still in high school maybe... The little devil lol.
I think we're gonna see soon some flashback of him meeting little Shiori for the first time. When he was in high school, she was what? 12? That's why she doesn't remember him clearly (what a good psychic btw lol).

User avatar
totally_0bsessed
Posts: 577
Joined: Apr 25th, '08, 05:52

Post by totally_0bsessed » Jul 14th, '08, 09:03

Sloth wrote:
totally_0bsessed wrote::cheers: so glad to meet fellow 0hno ichibanners! yeah!
anyway... Naruse is really different from what we see from 0h-chan most especially with fellow arashi members... he really does have a great job acting Naruse... and from what I know the director chose him because of his mysterious aura and angelic face... :P anyway,
regarding shiori... I think the reason that he is familiar to her is probably because he bought the tarot cards from her... isn't it the from ep 1 it is said that shiori's family sells those cards... :lol
Yeah so that means he bought the cards really long ago, when he was still in high school maybe... The little devil lol.
I think we're gonna see soon some flashback of him meeting little Shiori for the first time. When he was in high school, she was what? 12? That's why she doesn't remember him clearly (what a good psychic btw lol).
lol... m0st probably... :lol
can't wait for the next episodes... :w00t:

User avatar
happyfingers
Posts: 11
Joined: Jul 8th, '08, 17:50

Post by happyfingers » Jul 14th, '08, 10:35

softsub for 2nd ep, go here --> http://akusub.blogspot.com

User avatar
Sloth
Posts: 17
Joined: Jul 12th, '08, 14:32
Location: France

Post by Sloth » Jul 14th, '08, 10:52

happyfingers wrote:softsub for 2nd ep, go here --> http://akusub.blogspot.com
Thanks for the link! You just made my day ^_^

User avatar
happyfingers
Posts: 11
Joined: Jul 8th, '08, 17:50

Post by happyfingers » Jul 14th, '08, 13:43

Sloth wrote:
happyfingers wrote:softsub for 2nd ep, go here --> http://akusub.blogspot.com
Thanks for the link! You just made my day ^_^
oh no! this is the sub for the 1st version. the one that has 15sec commercial in it. i've downloaded the 2nd version with no commercial :pale:

ur welcome. please thank the subber too ^^
Last edited by happyfingers on Jul 15th, '08, 09:36, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
petitee
Posts: 11
Joined: Jul 6th, '08, 03:24
Location: Bangkok
Contact:

Post by petitee » Jul 14th, '08, 17:09

Alas...it here!!!
after i keep popin' in 'n out this site for 2 days.
Thank you very much for this!!!
^3^ *kiss*

User avatar
aishoni2
Posts: 198
Joined: Mar 26th, '07, 07:33

Post by aishoni2 » Jul 16th, '08, 06:10

STORMY's Hi-Res hardsubbed Maou episode 1 is now available for download :D
http://www.d-addicts.com/forum/viewtopic_63385.htm
Image Image Image Image

garnet07
Posts: 534
Joined: May 4th, '04, 04:18
Location: Cali, USA
Contact:

Post by garnet07 » Jul 16th, '08, 06:48

I'm enjoying the show so far. I started watching it because of Ikuta Toma, but now I'm like loving Ohno's evil :goggle: character. Didn't know he had it in him. :lol

Oh, and thanks for the ep2 subs. Been waiting for it. Hmm, seems this season, there's more darker tone jdoramas or is it just me? Well also watching Shigeshoshi and Shinigami no Ballad along with Maou. And also just finished Puzzle (that was gr8 and wanted more episodes, but I guess it had to stop)

I tried watching the Korean version when it came out and it only lasted 20 minutes before I had to delete the entire file off my hard drive. It seemed really boring to me. But this remake is a keeper and I don't know why (hmm maybe because of the actors just plays it better)
Image
Waiting:
J: WatashiGaRenaiDekinaiRiyuu, HimitsuErika, NankyokuTairiku, KaseifuNoMita, NazotokiDinner
K: TreeWithDeepRoots, FlowerShop, Me2Flower
C: InTimeWithYou

User avatar
missk-rOo
Posts: 114
Joined: May 18th, '08, 16:54
Location: France

Post by missk-rOo » Jul 16th, '08, 07:07

@happyfingers : thank you very much for the link for the subs !!! I just love this drama (at least, the 1st episode ^^) and you made my day !!!
I've tried to thank the subber but I can't post comment (dunno why ;) )
But I'll give it another try !!

Thank youuuuuuuuuu
Je voudrais être une larme pour naître dans tes yeux, vivre sur ta joue et mourir sur tes lèvres....
Image

User avatar
quandary
Posts: 57
Joined: Feb 3rd, '08, 05:27

Post by quandary » Jul 17th, '08, 05:20

The over-acting in this is pretty atrocious, but I think it's the directors fault, not the actors, because I've seen most of them do far better work than this. Toma's character needs to switch to decaf and maybe go on a low dose of Prozac. Good story, though, better than average for this kind of thing.

User avatar
crocus
Posts: 222
Joined: Jul 17th, '08, 05:41
Location: Europe

Post by crocus » Jul 17th, '08, 05:50

garnet07 wrote:
I tried watching the Korean version when it came out and it only lasted 20 minutes before I had to delete the entire file off my hard drive. It seemed really boring to me. But this remake is a keeper and I don't know why (hmm maybe because of the actors just plays it better)
u just watch it for 20 minutes? mawang is so good! you have to watch the first 3 episodes first, then u'll hook like crazy. oh soo (naoto in maou) really can act, i'm a toma fan and i'm praying toma can act as good as that. i used to hate joo ji hoon, but after watching him playing tae seung/seung ha (naruse in maou), i started to like him.

but, still everybody has their own opinion... it's quite fast in maou, but it's fast in mawang also after ep.2/3... u really don't want to miss a thing when u watch mawang... every second means something, it's like small pieces of puzzle that u need to put together.

i've watched mawang so many times n i can't help to compare maou with it. but so far, ohno play it well as naruse, ohno really makes me hook to maou...

garnet07
Posts: 534
Joined: May 4th, '04, 04:18
Location: Cali, USA
Contact:

Post by garnet07 » Jul 17th, '08, 07:44

Haha :lol yah only first 20 minutes. I think before that I was watching Goong and Love To Kill or something. And I hated joo ji hoon as an actor. And Shin Min Ah in Love to Kill was bland.

Off topic about Goong:
I mean dude he and the other actors bored me to death while watching Goong, that's why I never understood why everyone liked the Goong drama so much. The drama totally killed my expectations because I loved the manhwa. To me Goong drama = Meteor Garden (TW drama). There were just too many overacting, and not enough emotions. I guess physically, the actors did look like their counterparts, but there was no resemblance with the manhwa characters at all in terms of acting. I think the only good thing about the goong drama was the setting (it was fantastic and colorful)

Back to topic:

If you say Mahwang is good by 3rd episode then I'll try watching it again after maou. And I guess will be comparing the remake to the original.
Image
Waiting:
J: WatashiGaRenaiDekinaiRiyuu, HimitsuErika, NankyokuTairiku, KaseifuNoMita, NazotokiDinner
K: TreeWithDeepRoots, FlowerShop, Me2Flower
C: InTimeWithYou

User avatar
Yamashita Dude
Posts: 3
Joined: Jul 1st, '08, 11:37
Location: Somewhere

Post by Yamashita Dude » Jul 17th, '08, 07:52

Hey :-( :-(

Is Maou episode 2 out yet?! .. I mean with English subs :cry:

Help!!! .. I'm insane ... I really wanna watch it :unsure: :unsure: :unsure: :unsure: :unsure:

garnet07
Posts: 534
Joined: May 4th, '04, 04:18
Location: Cali, USA
Contact:

Post by garnet07 » Jul 17th, '08, 07:54

Um, yah please read the previous posts.
Image
Waiting:
J: WatashiGaRenaiDekinaiRiyuu, HimitsuErika, NankyokuTairiku, KaseifuNoMita, NazotokiDinner
K: TreeWithDeepRoots, FlowerShop, Me2Flower
C: InTimeWithYou

User avatar
crocus
Posts: 222
Joined: Jul 17th, '08, 05:41
Location: Europe

Post by crocus » Jul 17th, '08, 07:59

garnet07 wrote:
Off topic about Goong:
I mean dude he and the other actors bored me to death while watching Goong, that's why I never understood why everyone liked the Goong drama so much. The drama totally killed my expectations because I loved the manhwa. To me Goong drama = Meteor Garden (TW drama). There were just too many overacting, and not enough emotions. I guess physically, the actors did look like their counterparts, but there was no resemblance with the manhwa characters at all in terms of acting. I think the only good thing about the goong drama was the setting (it was fantastic and colorful)

Back to topic:

If you say Mahwang is good by 3rd episode then I'll try watching it again after maou. And I guess will be comparing the remake to the original.
haha... same with me!!! i hate goong!!! that's why i hated joo ji hoon... but because of mawang, i'm kinda can accept him now... but i guess, may be i just fall in love with his character, not him... hahaha...

User avatar
Yamashita Dude
Posts: 3
Joined: Jul 1st, '08, 11:37
Location: Somewhere

Post by Yamashita Dude » Jul 17th, '08, 08:00

Sorry .. but I downloaded the soft subs already

However, for some reason the timing came all wrong >.<

Suggest a solution :( .. Onegai!

User avatar
crocus
Posts: 222
Joined: Jul 17th, '08, 05:41
Location: Europe

Post by crocus » Jul 17th, '08, 08:04

Yamashita Dude wrote:Hey :-( :-(

Is Maou episode 2 out yet?! .. I mean with English subs :cry:

Help!!! .. I'm insane ... I really wanna watch it :unsure: :unsure: :unsure: :unsure: :unsure:
u may go here...

akusub

or here...

sakurai-storm

User avatar
crocus
Posts: 222
Joined: Jul 17th, '08, 05:41
Location: Europe

Post by crocus » Jul 17th, '08, 08:05

Yamashita Dude wrote:Sorry .. but I downloaded the soft subs already

However, for some reason the timing came all wrong >.<

Suggest a solution :( .. Onegai!
u can go to sakurai-storm link... she got d subs for both versions... also d hardsub...

User avatar
Yamashita Dude
Posts: 3
Joined: Jul 1st, '08, 11:37
Location: Somewhere

Post by Yamashita Dude » Jul 17th, '08, 08:38

Thank you so much :) crocus

Will try to use their soft subs instead of the hard ones ;)

hey9
Posts: 412
Joined: Jan 18th, '07, 22:30

Post by hey9 » Jul 17th, '08, 18:13

woops, put it in the wrong thread hehe

dang, i'm seriously loving this show. how cute are naruse and sakita? i hope they do some other dramas together that aren't so dark lol.

question:
is there supposed to be a love triangle b/w naruse, shiori, and serizawa?

User avatar
Sloth
Posts: 17
Joined: Jul 12th, '08, 14:32
Location: France

Post by Sloth » Jul 17th, '08, 18:19

hey9 wrote:woops, put it in the wrong thread hehe

dang, i'm seriously loving this show. how cute are naruse and sakita? i hope they do some other dramas together that aren't so dark lol.

question:
is there supposed to be a love triangle b/w naruse, shiori, and serizawa?
There was a love triangle in the kdrama so I think they'll keep it in the japanese version. Poor Toma, he won't get the girl this time again... I was feeling sorry for Nakatsu, I think I'll feel sorry for Serizawa as well.

hey9
Posts: 412
Joined: Jan 18th, '07, 22:30

Post by hey9 » Jul 18th, '08, 00:10

Sloth wrote:
hey9 wrote:woops, put it in the wrong thread hehe

dang, i'm seriously loving this show. how cute are naruse and sakita? i hope they do some other dramas together that aren't so dark lol.

question:
is there supposed to be a love triangle b/w naruse, shiori, and serizawa?
There was a love triangle in the kdrama so I think they'll keep it in the japanese version. Poor Toma, he won't get the girl this time again... I was feeling sorry for Nakatsu, I think I'll feel sorry for Serizawa as well.
k, i was wondering because i don't really see any chemistry b/w serizawa and shiori. you never know tho i've heard sometimes they change plot elements when doing jdrama adaptations. i hope not though, lol. honestly this pairing is so cute, like a pair of munchkins!

User avatar
Sloth
Posts: 17
Joined: Jul 12th, '08, 14:32
Location: France

Post by Sloth » Jul 18th, '08, 00:16

hey9 wrote:
Sloth wrote:
hey9 wrote:woops, put it in the wrong thread hehe

dang, i'm seriously loving this show. how cute are naruse and sakita? i hope they do some other dramas together that aren't so dark lol.

question:
is there supposed to be a love triangle b/w naruse, shiori, and serizawa?
There was a love triangle in the kdrama so I think they'll keep it in the japanese version. Poor Toma, he won't get the girl this time again... I was feeling sorry for Nakatsu, I think I'll feel sorry for Serizawa as well.
k, i was wondering because i don't really see any chemistry b/w serizawa and shiori. you never know tho i've heard sometimes they change plot elements when doing jdrama adaptations. i hope not though, lol. honestly this pairing is so cute, like a pair of munchkins!
If you ask me, I think we'll see some chemistry in today's episode. Naruse sent a tarot card to Shiori and Serizawa wants to protect her no matter what (probably because he feels guilty for Yousuke's murder). I think that he'll begin to fall for her at that time... As for Naruse, I think it'll take more time. He's a devil after all lol.
And Shiori... Well you can see that she already has feelings for Naruse. Who can blame her? ^_^

User avatar
aishoni2
Posts: 198
Joined: Mar 26th, '07, 07:33

Post by aishoni2 » Jul 18th, '08, 05:29

maiaide posted her translation of Ohno's "Maou Diary" at a_ra_shi. Hiding it incase the jimusho don't like their precious copyrighted stuff laying around on public forums :P
Hello, it's the Devil~!
Did you watch episode 2~!? Is Mr. Lawyer scary!? But Ohno Satoshi isn't scary so don't worry! Next is episode 3! Transformation into the devil! Those vengeful thoughts' polar opposite is the awakening of love! A bewildered lawyer. A perfect plan for revenge, an unexpected love! So, Mr Devil, what are you going to do now!! And, don't tell me, there's a red envelope for that person! Kya~~~ ahh, it can't be stopped~~~~! Watch it, ne ♥

July 18th, 2008 Ohno Satoshi
Translated by maiaide. Credits and thanks to her ^^V

The devil is in love!!!!
very cute ♥ and nice of him to reveal that bit of information. i heard the title for episode 3 is "a heart with love"
Image Image Image Image

asheebeyle
Posts: 1
Joined: Jul 17th, '08, 05:36

Post by asheebeyle » Jul 18th, '08, 06:06

yeah right..i loved to watch korean movies and i am a number one fan of them..

Background Check | Sex Offenders | Background Check Explorer | Free Background Check

Romance
Posts: 687
Joined: Jun 19th, '05, 00:14

Post by Romance » Jul 18th, '08, 07:10

im happy to see that there are no assholes here on d-addicts! would be so easily to spoil the whole series to death. Great!

Cant wait for tonights episode! Loving this drama, ikuta toma is awesome!

User avatar
Ladymercury
Posts: 575
Joined: Mar 27th, '05, 06:04

Post by Ladymercury » Jul 18th, '08, 13:58

LOVE YOUR SIG. YUKKE FAN HERE.

Anyway, a quick blurb for ep 3
I had expected Naruse to reveal his intentions to Serizawa a lot later in the series, its just now throwing more hints at him

fourlc_raw
Posts: 14
Joined: Jun 28th, '08, 05:13

Post by fourlc_raw » Jul 18th, '08, 14:56


User avatar
aishoni2
Posts: 198
Joined: Mar 26th, '07, 07:33

Post by aishoni2 » Jul 18th, '08, 15:30

humm... i can't fully enjoy this episode. it went too fast and they put too much info for me to digest.. i think about 3 (or 2 and a half) episode of Mawang into 1. its a Naruse the tortured detective episode and Toma was great.. HOWEVER.. since I can't forget how wonderful Uhm Tae Woong was in the exact same scenes, I can't enjoy his performance :-(
and i'm ranting here because i can't update my blog :glare:

@ladymercury
Naruse kind of throwing hints at Naoto because that man wants him to lose his mind. that's why he's always lurking nearby, taunting him with shadowed threats. You can taste what's coming for Ryo if Naoto finally discover he's the mastermind... well.. i think that's what the writer wanted us to feel..
thanks fourlc for the streaming!
Image Image Image Image

User avatar
Ladymercury
Posts: 575
Joined: Mar 27th, '05, 06:04

Post by Ladymercury » Jul 18th, '08, 15:37

I see, that makes sense, but wouldn't he be able to eventually put two and two together. I guess I am not thinking this through because I see from Naruse's end.... Either way, great drama.

I really think Toma is just over acting way too much. Dude, chillpill!

User avatar
aishoni2
Posts: 198
Joined: Mar 26th, '07, 07:33

Post by aishoni2 » Jul 18th, '08, 15:46

he's not consistent i guess. he gets it right at some and overacts in some. i kept talking to my monitorfor him to relax too :P. too intense...

but the question is why can't he put 2 and 2 together already? and how will he come to that conclusion without substantial evidence since all he has now is his own wtf feeling whenever the lawyer jabs him with the ironic facts. *dum.. dum.. dum..*
Image Image Image Image

fourlc_raw
Posts: 14
Joined: Jun 28th, '08, 05:13

Post by fourlc_raw » Jul 18th, '08, 15:47


User avatar
JCDRANZER
Posts: 4
Joined: Feb 9th, '08, 16:43

Post by JCDRANZER » Jul 18th, '08, 15:54

I finished off watching The Devil (Mawang) (K-Drama) yesterday night and just now finished watching the first episode of Maou, the J-version remake of the K-drama, The Devil.

So let me talk about the first episode of Maou, it was done decently. The OP, Truth by Arashi suits the series very well, the music is really good but not as good as the music used in the original (The Devil). In my opinion, I believe that Ikuta Toma is actually a bad choice for the main lead detective in this story because I kinda always picture the guy as a comical character.....I don't sense the "seriousness" from him compared to The Devil's Uhm Tae Woong. Overall, the impression I get is that in many of the areas the production team have overdone it compared to The Devil. The thing with the original, was that it was balanced well enough to be applauded despite there being times where I thought, "Are we still there ?" but that was only the pace, the rest of it was fine. However, with Maou, I get a picture of this series seeming to be too "animated", it seems too unrealistic compared to the original. Maou can be seen as too comical or too serious at times. Maou's Naruse Ryo played by Ohno Satoshi, seems too sinister and just seems to me that he is giving the impression of being an "all-out-villain", whereas, there was a balance in original with Joo Ji Hoon. Also the main lead actress in the original is much more "HAWT" and beautiful compared to the "young girl" in Maou, ahhhh, thats another point I want to "b*tch" about, most of the cast for Maou are all too freaking young. ;) WoW....what a rant!? :cussing: :P :mrgreen: :w00t:

Edit #1:
I just finished off episode 02, apart from the OP, the rest really ain't jamming together like the original K-drama. :glare:

I would have preferred if they had "no sender" instead of "Amano Makoto".

Also, I liked it when they explained about the cards in the original, whereas, in Maou, they only expain the cards briefly, they didn't even mention about the red scorpion on the Moon tarot card, which means that even the confusion that varies the truth could lead to death. :argue:

Oh yeah, I hate the fact that Shiori is an orphan, it was really cool having the mute mother in The Devil, because she was used as a plot device to jel the psychometric beauty with the devil. :|
Ahhhhh....I sooooo miss Shin Min Ah!! :wub:

RANT!! :cussing: :goggle: :alcoholic:

Edit #2:
Why the hell a lily for the virgin mary.....dumb. :crazy: It would have been better if they stuck to the orignal metaphor used, daffodil = voices of the dead, which will be used
in the tarot card in the next episode.....I've forgotten the name of that card *goes to check one of the Mawang episodes*....*comes back*....its the card with the pink lady....I can't find the episode.:| :cry:
Also, the flashbacks and the afterimages used are much better in Mawang in my opinion.

Oh yeah, by the beginning of episode 03, they're up to plot in episode 05 of Mawang (original).
Last edited by JCDRANZER on Jul 18th, '08, 16:54, edited 3 times in total.

User avatar
aishoni2
Posts: 198
Joined: Mar 26th, '07, 07:33

Post by aishoni2 » Jul 18th, '08, 16:08

JCDRANZER SPOILER TAG PLEASE :crazy:

btw chill dude. its a remake for goodness sake and Mawang is 20 episode
get that.. 20 episodes and Maou will be made into 11 or 12.

They flip the age of the lawyer and detective. Uhm Tae Woong was playing a 28 yr old detective (his real age during filming was 31) and Jii Hoon was 26. Ohno playing a 28yr old lawyer. HE IS 28.
Image Image Image Image

User avatar
Ladymercury
Posts: 575
Joined: Mar 27th, '05, 06:04

Post by Ladymercury » Jul 18th, '08, 16:20

Wow, great, so I was spoiled to hell with The Devil.

-_________-

That gives away the surprise I was waiting to see after watching Maou. Thanks!

User avatar
Sloth
Posts: 17
Joined: Jul 12th, '08, 14:32
Location: France

Post by Sloth » Jul 18th, '08, 16:41

I don't see the point of comparing every bit of Maou with the original.

I think it's better to consider it as a drama and not a remake...

Anyway, if they had kept every part of Mawang (which is impossible, when you know that Maou will only have 11 - 12 episodes), that wouldn't have been interesting and the fans of the original would have been even more displeased than you are.

I think Oh-chan and Toma bring their talents to create a good drama and their own atmosphere for the show.

User avatar
JCDRANZER
Posts: 4
Joined: Feb 9th, '08, 16:43

Post by JCDRANZER » Jul 18th, '08, 16:58

Gomenasai..... :pale:

But there is one thing that I know Maou would succeed in, it is when they decide to go on "their" path...a plot change...I'm waiting for that. :roll

User avatar
Ladymercury
Posts: 575
Joined: Mar 27th, '05, 06:04

Post by Ladymercury » Jul 18th, '08, 17:18

Then again, you can't please everyone.

User avatar
crocus
Posts: 222
Joined: Jul 17th, '08, 05:41
Location: Europe

Post by crocus » Jul 18th, '08, 17:22

ok, i have to say this...

everybody has their own reason to compare or not not to compare maou with mawang but even as for me who watched mawang times and times since it was 1st released a year ago, i can't help to have my own 'afterimage' of mawang everytime i watched maou... haha... :P

mawang is so good (for me, it's the best korean drama ever! :-) ), that's why maou production team decided to do a remake of it. remake comes due to respect, right? if you do not respect something greatly, why must you do it, right? still, for something as good as mawang, it's not easy to do it again, especially, mawang, as 20 episode long, already quite fast moving. it's not easy to make them into 11/12 episodes long maou.

i respect all the actors, actresses and the whole production team of maou to accept this challenging task. up till now, they've tried their best and i'm already pleased with the results up till ep.3. :wub: :thumright:

and, i just love :wub: ohno! he really did it! triple thumbs up for you, dear ohno! :thumright: :thumright: :thumright:

User avatar
happyfingers
Posts: 11
Joined: Jul 8th, '08, 17:50

Post by happyfingers » Jul 18th, '08, 20:48

the raining scene... i cried...
another excellent episode of maou.

User avatar
ailamarie
Posts: 16
Joined: Jul 9th, '07, 09:21

Post by ailamarie » Jul 19th, '08, 04:28

yeah.i just hope people would stop comparing MAOU to the kdrama at this point ........

i love the kdrama but i think the jdrama is doing a good job considering it will be shorter..........so i'm very interested how things will turn out........so until its done, i will not compare........

one thing is for sure..........OHNO is the best!!!!! kyaaaa!!!

User avatar
tsumabukis
Posts: 47
Joined: Apr 8th, '08, 12:34
Location: Japan
Contact:

Post by tsumabukis » Jul 19th, '08, 13:53

Nice comment, crocus.

This is exactly why I didn't want to watch the original first. How many times has it happened that no matter how good the remake, people always compare it poorly to the original?

The original isn't accessible to all people everywhere, and they made Maou for a different audience. I think it should be taken as a drama on it's own. Obviously people are going to compare, yes, but I think slating every detail is too much.

Who cares if Ikuta is two years younger than the original guy? Does it really make a difference?

Anyway, I had a really bad migraine last night, so when I got home from work just before 10pm, I just went to bed! :cry: So I missed it last night. Booooooo!! Will just have to wait for the raw upload, and satisfy myself with perving over episodes 1 and 2 again. :P And not open any spoiler tags.

And add my voice to those that say remember spoiler tags!! :P

User avatar
happyfingers
Posts: 11
Joined: Jul 8th, '08, 17:50

Post by happyfingers » Jul 20th, '08, 12:45

softsub for ep3 is out. go here : http://akusub.blogspot.com/

please thank the subber k :salut:

User avatar
missk-rOo
Posts: 114
Joined: May 18th, '08, 16:54
Location: France

Post by missk-rOo » Jul 20th, '08, 19:05

Oh god thank you so much !!!
once again I can't thank the subber ecause of my computer ! sooo sad !
I guess this ep will be nice... as usual !

User avatar
tsumabukis
Posts: 47
Joined: Apr 8th, '08, 12:34
Location: Japan
Contact:

Post by tsumabukis » Jul 20th, '08, 21:45

Stormy subs is totally on the ball with this, with episode 2 already out. Thanks guys!!!

I'm gonna wait for the hardsubs. ^_^

User avatar
totally_0bsessed
Posts: 577
Joined: Apr 25th, '08, 05:52

Post by totally_0bsessed » Jul 24th, '08, 03:57

It was a great ep! I Love the rain scene to0! :P

fourlc_raw
Posts: 14
Joined: Jun 28th, '08, 05:13

Post by fourlc_raw » Jul 25th, '08, 13:32

Last edited by fourlc_raw on Jul 25th, '08, 14:18, edited 1 time in total.

sefilily
Posts: 84
Joined: Jul 29th, '07, 13:11
Location: Sydney, Australia
Contact:

Post by sefilily » Jul 25th, '08, 13:57

I watched it on TVU player just a question, because I know very little Japanese.
When Serizawa was at the house, towards the end, what was going on when he looked at that piece of paper? What was on that piece of paper?

And who is the girl in the wheelchair?

User avatar
ganstream2
Posts: 55
Joined: Jul 5th, '08, 22:19
Location: Somewhere over the rainbow

Post by ganstream2 » Jul 25th, '08, 14:04

Actually...
The paper shows that Hideo's brother (Ryou) was pronounced dead. And that girl in the end, was Ryou's older sister...whose name wasn't written in the family register...

But what is more important is the next episode...is that a tarot card sent to Ryou that I saw in the preview? damn...its getting better and better...
its getting better and better...can't wait for episode 5..its gonna be big.

sefilily
Posts: 84
Joined: Jul 29th, '07, 13:11
Location: Sydney, Australia
Contact:

Post by sefilily » Jul 25th, '08, 14:18

Thanks for that
So, Ryo has a sister not on the register. And she's in a wheelchair. And the plot thickens.
Yeah, ep 5 looks really good.

User avatar
justlisax3
Posts: 20
Joined: Jul 22nd, '08, 02:31
Location: Brooklyn, NY
Contact:

Post by justlisax3 » Jul 25th, '08, 17:42

i just finished episode 4:
okay, so in the beginning, those pictures sent to naoto are the same ones hanging in naruse's red room, right? anyway, if only i understood what shiori and naoto spoke about in the library, because i just loved that scene ( :wub: ). i hate how the little girl just went and hugged naruse in that outdoor cafe, lol. but the ending was really good. i wonder what's in that red envelope from the book.

and the previews for next week are amazing. shiori passes out, i wonder why. the scenes went to fast for me to see anything, but does naruse actually get a tarot card next? and i can't believe that the little girl gets injured too
avatar made by oiwai @ LJ.
livejournal & last.fm

hey9
Posts: 412
Joined: Jan 18th, '07, 22:30

Post by hey9 » Jul 25th, '08, 18:14

You know what i don't get, how can the ratings be falling when it's just getting better and better :nuts:

I watched the raw that fourlc posted (arigatou!) and I was wondering...
Is that guy that works at that publishing company a pedophile or something? I know that Naruse is kinda evil, but I still want him to end up with Shiori.
Also, has anyone noticed how well-manicured Ohno's hands are? Makes my hands look like crap, and I'm a girl hehe :w00t:

User avatar
ryoko11
Posts: 429
Joined: Jan 27th, '06, 15:43
Contact:

Post by ryoko11 » Jul 25th, '08, 18:36

JCDRANZER wrote:Maou's Naruse Ryo played by Ohno Satoshi, seems too sinister and just seems to me that he is giving the impression of being an "all-out-villain", whereas, there was a balance in original with Joo Ji Hoon.


Actually, so far my sympathy as well as my mother's is entirely on Naruse's side. He doesn't seem like an all out villain in the slightest.
So far he seems more like someone whose life was shattered by an entitled delinquent and his rich family. Having kept himself together with the hopes of avenging his family after justice seems to have failed him utterly is pretty darned sympathetic in my book. On the other hand Naoto still acts like a bully, and his friends and family are a nasty bunch.


So there's a lot of cheering for Ryo around here.

Since I'm enjoying Maou, I might actually watch Mawang after finishing this version.

@hey9

Yep! Ohno's hands are beautiful! I catch myself commenting everytime they do a close up shot of them.

Amazing how sexy Captain is in this role after years of watching him play the comic loser in things like the Pikanchi movies... *drool*
Currently Watching: Unubore Deka, Atami no Sousakan, Hotaru no Hikari 2, Sleeping Forest, Orange Days, Yabe Kenzo, Shinzanmono, Tsuki no Koibito, Asami Mitsuhiko.

User avatar
happyfingers
Posts: 11
Joined: Jul 8th, '08, 17:50

Post by happyfingers » Jul 25th, '08, 19:25

i hate naruse. no more sympathy for him.
i don't understand how evil mind works. bad things happened to them, they suffer, and somehow they manage to spend their time by planning bad things to other people, which lead to many other innocent people to suffer. for example, yusuke's brother and mom. they don't involve in any part of naruse's lil brother's accident yet they have to suffer the same thing as naruse's.
of course if we look back at 1st ep,
nino (i don't remember his character name) will suffer the same thing. what if he decide to take revenge for his dad and finally find the true murderer aka naruse?
so the same thing will continue and evil will never ends.
tho i'm wondering how nino will take revenge to naruse, since naruse has no friends or family member left to be killed lol. since i haven't watched mawang yet, i have no idea what'll happen to naruse's sister. this drama is awesome, yet crazy at the same time

User avatar
ganstream2
Posts: 55
Joined: Jul 5th, '08, 22:19
Location: Somewhere over the rainbow

Post by ganstream2 » Jul 25th, '08, 20:39

I'm more towards sympathy for Naruse.
Naruse lost both his brother and mother while his sister went paralyzed/blind?, unlike Yousuke's brother and mother who is still alive and well.
And if we take a look at episode 1,
That son of Kumada still has his mother with him.
Though there is no doubt that what he is doing is evil.

User avatar
happyfingers
Posts: 11
Joined: Jul 8th, '08, 17:50

Post by happyfingers » Jul 25th, '08, 21:03

so the cycle keeps on continuing.
what if soon after yusuke's death the mom too has weak heart and die? the brother will suffer the same experience as naruse. same goes for nino. what if his mum can't accept the death of her husband and commit suicide, and die? nino will be left alone. what'll he do? become a lawyer and find ways to revenge?
why there's no more sympathy towards him?
this is just my point of view but without no doubt what naruse's doing is much worse than anything in the drama.
Last edited by happyfingers on Jul 25th, '08, 21:23, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
ganstream2
Posts: 55
Joined: Jul 5th, '08, 22:19
Location: Somewhere over the rainbow

Post by ganstream2 » Jul 25th, '08, 21:17

Lol, its just an opinion, there is no need to get heated up over a simple drama. If you hate him, so be it, that means he acted well enough for you to feel what he wants you to feel.

And for your question:
If you put it like that, then what if Naruse's mom were still alive? do you think he'll still be the Devil?

hey9
Posts: 412
Joined: Jan 18th, '07, 22:30

Post by hey9 » Jul 25th, '08, 21:22

While I feel sorry for Serizawa, the people around him are almost all a-holes (except for his police unit).
While I don't think Yosuke deserved to die (or the accountant guy), the things they did suggested that karma would catch up to them eventually because of the suffering they caused others.

Even if Nino did want to get revenge on Naruse, I think Naruse is willing to accept that and I don't think he really cares what happens to him. I don't think he is doing all of this because he enjoys it. He knows what it's like to be the only one left to grieve. I think he is doing it because he feels he has to, to try and get justice since his family didn't get it the first time round.

If Serizawa hadn't weaselled out of it in the first place, maybe none of this would have happened. It's easy to say forgive, but Naruse lost everything (i.e. his family) while Serizawa got out relatively unscathed.

Just because that accountant and Yosuke had people that loved them doesn't shield them from the consequences of their actions. I guess they shouldn't have messed with the wrong psychopath.

User avatar
happyfingers
Posts: 11
Joined: Jul 8th, '08, 17:50

Post by happyfingers » Jul 25th, '08, 21:31

ganstream2 wrote:Lol, its just an opinion, there is no need to get heated up over a simple drama. If you hate him, so be it, that means he acted well enough for you to feel what he wants you to feel.

And for your question:
If you put it like that, then what if Naruse's mom were still alive? do you think he'll still be the Devil?
haha. i got really emotional after watching the 4th ep :P
yeah i hate naruse, i just don't get it why people still sympathetize over the character.
if naruse's mom is still alive, i don't think he'll go that far. it depends on his belief, i guess.
ahhh, maybe this story is just to tell people, don't play with knife lol

User avatar
ryoko11
Posts: 429
Joined: Jan 27th, '06, 15:43
Contact:

Post by ryoko11 » Jul 25th, '08, 21:42

hey9 wrote:While I feel sorry for Serizawa, the people around him are almost all a-holes (except for his police unit).
While I don't think Yosuke deserved to die (or the accountant guy), the things they did suggested that karma would catch up to them eventually because of the suffering they caused others.

Even if Nino did want to get revenge on Naruse, I think Naruse is willing to accept that and I don't think he really cares what happens to him. I don't think he is doing all of this because he enjoys it. He knows what it's like to be the only one left to grieve. I think he is doing it because he feels he has to, to try and get justice since his family didn't get it the first time round.

If Serizawa hadn't weaselled out of it in the first place, maybe none of this would have happened. It's easy to say forgive, but Naruse lost everything (i.e. his family) while Serizawa got out relatively unscathed.

Just because that accountant and Yosuke had people that loved them doesn't shield them from the consequences of their actions. I guess they shouldn't have messed with the wrong psychopath.


I think that sums up my thoughts on the issue so far too, with the exception of my probably having less sympathy for Serizawa than Hey9, though certainly more sympathy for him than for his friends & father.
At least Serizawa had enough guilt to try to become a cop and pursue people who break the law... but he still is willing to turn a blind eye for his friends such as when Yosuke is collecting money via threats.

If justice had worked the first time things would have been very different. Naruse does feel guilt for the people he's manipulated and the families of his victims (a feeling of remorse you don't really get from Serizawa's compatriots), but I still expect the karma for his actions to catch up to him too. I really hope he at least gets Souda and Serizawa's father before that happens, though.
Currently Watching: Unubore Deka, Atami no Sousakan, Hotaru no Hikari 2, Sleeping Forest, Orange Days, Yabe Kenzo, Shinzanmono, Tsuki no Koibito, Asami Mitsuhiko.

User avatar
ganstream2
Posts: 55
Joined: Jul 5th, '08, 22:19
Location: Somewhere over the rainbow

Post by ganstream2 » Jul 25th, '08, 22:18

What I think is..
Sora-chan and her mom was just being at the wrong place and at the wrong time...looking at how she was the last debtor to Yousuke and how pressured she was, to Naruse, that would be the best usable "face" for him to get to Yousuke. If I were an evil genius lawyer who's bend on revenge, I'd probably do the same thing.

User avatar
atskv9
Posts: 730
Joined: Aug 6th, '07, 00:09

Post by atskv9 » Jul 25th, '08, 23:17

Ohno needs to trim his finger nails...

that said, Episode 3 was probably one of my favorites so far despite Serizawa going batshit again :lol
When you saw the little girl get waved at by the figure in the dark, it sent chills up my spine! :goggle:

IceFight
Posts: 13
Joined: Jul 11th, '08, 08:45
Location: Western Australia

Post by IceFight » Jul 26th, '08, 02:46

I missed some of the episode due to my internet disconnecting and reconnecting, so could someone please tell me...
Who is the new man that was talking to Naruse about Serizawa? Thanks

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests