[Discussion] Zettai Kareshi / Absolute Boyfriend

Discuss Japanese drama series here.
srs.cassiopeia
Posts: 16
Joined: May 3rd, '07, 14:38

Post by srs.cassiopeia » Jul 4th, '08, 12:13

rurounimon wrote:
jesamine wrote:I saw ep 10, and I just finished reading the manga, Gosh its so different the manga and the drama, everything is different!! They just used the same character names and changed the entire story from the manga! I wonder what Watase sensei thinks abt that. Has anyone read the manga?

Anyway, I actually disliked Naito kun intensely too and really liked soushi, but after reading the manga I am crazily in love with Naito, and now I don't dislike the Naito in the drama as much!! But I think too if someone else played Night, I might have a different opinion... I think this actor is actually not as handsome as he is supposed to be(in the manga). Though off my head I can't think of any actor who is as good looking as he is portrayed in the manga. Watase sensei draws him really good too, he looks a lot like Tamahome (from Fushigi Yuugi, another manga of hers).

The last part of ep10 was really sweet cos Night was acting more human too, I didn't like his robotic actor, and also, Riiko's sudden change of heart is a little too unbelievable imo. I recommend everyone read the manga, you can read it from onemanga.com, it is really really good.
Awww, I thought Hayami Mokomichi did a great job as Night! There aren't many Japanese actors that are as tall as him, and he has a great body and smile. Also... all of Yuu Watase's men characters look the same: shave off the hair and there won't be much of a difference
i second this! =P i can't imagine any actor who could have played night as well as he did. his body type, and his innocent look sold his role as night. he even surprised me because the improvement in his acting was so drastic compared to the previous dramas he was in.

i loved the cast =)

User avatar
tsumabukis
Posts: 47
Joined: Apr 8th, '08, 12:34
Location: Japan
Contact:

Post by tsumabukis » Jul 4th, '08, 13:32

Kathstandsalone wrote:story-spoiling material
Mate! Seriously! Spoiler tags!!

I only just starting watching the last 2 episodes. :-(

avontflex
Posts: 27
Joined: Jun 14th, '06, 09:16
Location: in my comfort zone

Post by avontflex » Jul 4th, '08, 16:19

just finish watching entire drama...i wish it stopped at epi 10. epi 11 is so heart wrenching...n this the 1st japanese drama i watch until i teared... :-( the last scene of night before namikiri stepped out of kronos heaven is so sad...

User avatar
SOGBA
Posts: 22
Joined: Sep 4th, '07, 16:51
Location: in my room

Post by SOGBA » Jul 4th, '08, 16:32

i really hope their is a season 2 or a SP cos i dont think its fiinshed


but all in all this was a brilliant drama and knight so grew on u n u fell for the robort towards the end
Mizushima hiri will always be a good looking man that wont change lol
i love how he recorded his message for her in the mirror, but u notice she never told him shed loved him :-(
hmmmmmmmmm

(Chantting) must have sequal, must have sequal, must have sequal ,must have sequal, must have sequal .

noinimod
Posts: 50
Joined: Oct 16th, '06, 13:48

Post by noinimod » Jul 4th, '08, 16:33

meh.
i think i'm the only one who didn't feel much of an emotional impact when hearing that nighto was dead. Somehow the plot wasn't steered in the direction that would allow the viewers to feel for the robot.

User avatar
Rori
Posts: 831
Joined: Jan 6th, '07, 03:43

Post by Rori » Jul 4th, '08, 17:04

Finale —
Yeah, Night's death didn't really affect me all that much either.

Also didn't like the fact that Soshi was practically her consolation prize when she lost Night. Others would call it something different, no doubt, but that's how I saw the ending.

It was an alright drama, but won't become one of my favorites. I probably would have gave it up half way if not for Hiro.

On a completely random note, Aibu Saki needs to regrow her hair, that bob she has is seriously hilarious.
ava: juneylovely/genieforyou-lj

User avatar
akiko-chico
Posts: 153
Joined: Apr 5th, '08, 05:57
Location: Australia

Post by akiko-chico » Jul 4th, '08, 23:45

The last episode was good and a little teary :cry: but you're right she never told him she loved him back which is sad ...
SOGBA wrote:i really hope their is a season 2 or a SP cos i dont think its fiinshed


but all in all this was a brilliant drama and knight so grew on u n u fell for the robort towards the end
Mizushima hiri will always be a good looking man that wont change lol
i love how he recorded his message for her in the mirror, but u notice she never told him shed loved him :-(
hmmmmmmmmm

(Chantting) must have sequal, must have sequal, must have sequal ,must have sequal, must have sequal .
Imagecredit: absolutemblaq

User avatar
tsumabukis
Posts: 47
Joined: Apr 8th, '08, 12:34
Location: Japan
Contact:

Post by tsumabukis » Jul 5th, '08, 01:27

Just finished the last episode and boo'ed my little eyes out. :cry:
I loved Night, but I liked him from the beginning, so the emotional impact was there for me. :D
I do think it was a bit of a cop-out at the end though, too. I'd have been totally pissed if I was Soshi, and Riika's consolation prize to a robot. :P
Don't think they should make a second season. I think it works the way it is, and any more would ruin it.

avontflex
Posts: 27
Joined: Jun 14th, '06, 09:16
Location: in my comfort zone

Post by avontflex » Jul 5th, '08, 01:33

tsumabukis wrote:Just finished the last episode and boo'ed my little eyes out. :cry:
I loved Night, but I liked him from the beginning, so the emotional impact was there for me. :D
I do think it was a bit of a cop-out at the end though, too. I'd have been totally pissed if I was Soshi, and Riika's consolation prize to a robot. :P
Don't think they should make a second season. I think it works the way it is, and any more would ruin it.

erm ya, dont tink wil have 2nd season judgin tt the rating is not gd...haiz its a pity.i guess the drama wil b better if they nv focus on cakes n carrots. though i hope stil got special.
actually i thot naito wil wake up at last scene when namikiri stepped out of kronos...then it wont make many pple so sad in my opinion...so its so heart wrenching to see him lying in where he was borned, but in a riiko-knitted shawl n clover leaf in his hand :-(

User avatar
indyana
Posts: 11
Joined: Apr 27th, '08, 14:40
Location: Massachusetts, United States of America
Contact:

Post by indyana » Jul 6th, '08, 13:10

I finally caught up and finished this series last night.
I have to say, I didn't really get into it until around episode 6 or 7 (although I obviously didn't think it was terrible enough to stop watching it). The last episode, however, I spent the entire end in tears. It takes more than your average series to get that sort of emotional impact, so I have to say this series will remain on my good list.

Having never read the manga, I came to the show without expectations or preconceptions, and I think that probably helped my opinion of it. Overall, I find that TV series really have to be taken as a story in their own right and not compared too much with whatever manga/book/movie they might be based on. There are times I completely doubt that modern media such as movies and television will ever be able to surpass the written word, whether it be a novel or a manga. That's just my opinion though.

I have to say, I felt really bad for Soshi those last few episodes. In the end, it worked out in his favor, but it was definitely not the way he wanted.
My fandom involves "retired tennis players". *shifty look*

User avatar
gamblewithd3sire
Posts: 31
Joined: Jun 18th, '08, 14:36
Location: il

Post by gamblewithd3sire » Jul 7th, '08, 04:29

oh my god yeah
okay i'm all for Soshi [coz maybe i'm *cough* biased]
during episodes ~9+, i was starting to want her to end up with Night instead of Soshi. lol i was like, "if this little fickle girl can't make up her mind already, then Soshi's too good for her and Night can have her.

I felt bad for Soshi, coz I love him and the whole ending made me feel like Riiko's a whore, since she kind of ends up with him but she doesn't really love him. haha

I actually cried when I watched Night's video to Riiko. and it's kinda sad how she never told him she loved him. but whatevs!

I'm not really hoping for a season 2 or whatever. Just some random interviews and stuff like that so I could see them all together. [ok, ok.. especially Hiro.]
ahaha

User avatar
Zealousy
Posts: 362
Joined: Apr 9th, '08, 01:52
Location: Edmonton, Alberta, Canada

Post by Zealousy » Jul 7th, '08, 04:44

There won't be a second season, a main character died. :\
There could be a special of Riiko and Soshi in Paris or something but definitely not a second season.
Honey, honey, honey...

avontflex
Posts: 27
Joined: Jun 14th, '06, 09:16
Location: in my comfort zone

Post by avontflex » Jul 7th, '08, 06:46

Zealousy wrote:
There won't be a second season, a main character died. :\
There could be a special of Riiko and Soshi in Paris or something but definitely not a second season.
i rather another company found naito in kronos heaven coffin then reformat him into a new machine or something, then 1 day when riiko return she saw him then some parts of naito memory retain her but dont know who is she...possible plot in my opinion :-) hope if there is a 2nd special it wil have a nice ending

User avatar
Zealousy
Posts: 362
Joined: Apr 9th, '08, 01:52
Location: Edmonton, Alberta, Canada

Post by Zealousy » Jul 7th, '08, 06:50

avontflex wrote:
i rather another company found naito in kronos heaven coffin then reformat him into a new machine or something, then 1 day when riiko return she saw him then some parts of naito memory retain her but dont know who is she...possible plot in my opinion :-) hope if there is a 2nd special it wil have a nice ending
Hmm.. Didn't his chip burn out? So doesn't that mean it'll never work again? Besides, didn't Riiko keep it?
Honey, honey, honey...

User avatar
Kathstandsalone
Posts: 90
Joined: May 26th, '07, 05:57

Post by Kathstandsalone » Jul 7th, '08, 07:56

tsumabukis wrote:
Kathstandsalone wrote:story-spoiling material
Mate! Seriously! Spoiler tags!!

I only just starting watching the last 2 episodes. :-(
sumimasen! :sweat: I masked it with spoiler tags ;)
Image

User avatar
tsumabukis
Posts: 47
Joined: Apr 8th, '08, 12:34
Location: Japan
Contact:

Post by tsumabukis » Jul 7th, '08, 13:03

Zealousy wrote:
Hmm.. Didn't his chip burn out? So doesn't that mean it'll never work again? Besides, didn't Riiko keep it?
Well, that would be the reality, yes...
But that didn't stop them for the first season. :P

User avatar
seirin
Fansubber
Fansubber
Posts: 1611
Joined: Feb 28th, '04, 01:08

Post by seirin » Jul 7th, '08, 17:19

I really doubt there will be a season 2 since that's how the manga ended. At most they would do a special to talk about what happened to Riko afterwards in Paris and her relationship with Soshi.

SeCrEt_MeMoRiEs
Posts: 4
Joined: Feb 18th, '05, 02:38
Location: USA
Contact:

Post by SeCrEt_MeMoRiEs » Jul 7th, '08, 18:26

Yeah. I agree with the above statement.
It'd be great to just have a special about Riko in Paris.

But the ending was a tear-jerker xD
It's always very sad when someone knows that they're dying. And also because Night was very very sweet to Riko. Other than that, I thought the ending could have been better. It just didn't give out a satisfy feeling? IDK. Can't explain it xD I also didn't like how Soshi is a replacement =/ IDK. Just didn't feel right for me. But I haven't cried like this for a while. LOL.
Here to love Jung Ji Hoon~

User avatar
tsumabukis
Posts: 47
Joined: Apr 8th, '08, 12:34
Location: Japan
Contact:

Post by tsumabukis » Jul 7th, '08, 22:36

I think it would be pretty boring without Night, so I don't even see how they can have a special without him. Maybe if they do like Hanakimi is going to, and have like a flashback special or something...

User avatar
Enaji
Posts: 22
Joined: Jul 7th, '08, 21:27
Location: Finland

Post by Enaji » Jul 7th, '08, 23:03

This was a good drama =) Aibu Saki (Riko) was as cute as usually ^_^

And I think there won't be (and I kinda hope that there won't be, because it wouldn't probably be that good) a second season, but like an hour special of Riko being in Paris could be good.

Ojou_Belle
Posts: 33
Joined: May 15th, '08, 01:02

Post by Ojou_Belle » Jul 7th, '08, 23:48

I felt really bad that Tenjo Night had to "die" in this drama but that was where the manga ended so I expected that. I cried more after reading the manga, compared to my crying at the end of the drama. I was thinking they'd put a spin on the drama and sort of integrate Night's chip into Soshi after he gets into an accident or something.....hahahaha. Wishful thinking.

That way Riiko gets both guys...sort of, anyway! Hahahaha. GREEDY!

avontflex
Posts: 27
Joined: Jun 14th, '06, 09:16
Location: in my comfort zone

Post by avontflex » Jul 8th, '08, 14:49

Ojou_Belle wrote:I felt really bad that Tenjo Night had to "die" in this drama but that was where the manga ended so I expected that. I cried more after reading the manga, compared to my crying at the end of the drama. I was thinking they'd put a spin on the drama and sort of integrate Night's chip into Soshi after he gets into an accident or something.....hahahaha. Wishful thinking.
can put the thinking into a special...hahahaa..but wil stil prefer naito b in special than soushi :)

User avatar
Alecsa-chan
Posts: 317
Joined: Dec 24th, '06, 20:54
Location: stuck in Romania
Contact:

Post by Alecsa-chan » Jul 8th, '08, 17:58

I've been reading the last 5 or 6 pages to see people's reaction and i must say i'm quite mad :glare:

How in the world can someone say they DIDN'T like Mokomichi as Naito? I think that no other Japanese actor could have played Naito so perfect. Yes perfect! He gave off the vibe of a robot indeed. You all saw Abe Tsuyoshi's version of a robot. He sucked big time. He was acting just like a normal human being, nothing special while Mkomichi's act was impressive. His movements, the way he spoke etc. all of those were GREAT.

And don't shout into my face that i'm porbably a Mokomichi fan because i started watching this drama coz of Hiro and coz i had read the manga before. But now yes i admire Mokomichi.

Seriously i can't understand you people.

About the possible second season. There won't be one because the manga ends the same. But i do agree they might make a SP of Riiko's 'adventure' in Paris and bla bla.
ImageImage
:heart: Akira
Credit: asianfanatics

wail
Posts: 92
Joined: Sep 23rd, '06, 21:53

Post by wail » Jul 8th, '08, 20:46

^ Alecsa, first I wanna give u a hug for your cute and passionate post. I'm in your same shoes.

I do understand fangirl sentiments if you r a hiro fan thro and thro. And good luck to you and your sanity if every single character Hiro is or will be in has to get the girl and so forth without regard to the storyline. But it's especially mindboggling for others if you have read the manga and still support Hiro's Soshi (to be fair it's more the plot development's 'fault'). The manga Soshi was way way better in terms of character development. There he's shown through years of caring for Riiko his feelings for her just without saying it out loud. I just dont believe the playboy Soshi in the drama being a one girl man all of a sudden, and because of our plain jane Riiko?!@# and them baking some puffs and cakes together? It doesnt make one bit of sense even if love is not a sensible thing.

And for ppl who find Night annoying, I think it's like the sentiments of Riiko. It's more the shock of the unknown. In real life with all our social trappings, it's really not possible for a guy to constantly show and say and act all his love for you out without question. What is annoying when a guy is wholeheartedly professing his love for you in every possible way?! Be there for you no matter what 24/7? The gestures in itself r most charming regardless, but just coz Naito is a robot or Moco is not your thing, we discrimate.

What I like most of the changes made in the live action is it dealt more in depth of the theme of robotic love, where in the manga it's just like any usual love triangle with one of the guys being a robot thrown in for the amusement and laughs. Here the scriptwriter focused more on Naito, it's a calculated, smart choice to make him more robotic thus contrasting his later character development, and it just make the relationship he has with Riiko way more convincing and layered. But in that, the writer did sacrifice Soshi's character development and it is a minor understandable shortcoming of the adaptation.

User avatar
SSpiegel
Posts: 435
Joined: Oct 26th, '07, 22:52
Location: Finland

Post by SSpiegel » Jul 8th, '08, 22:19

wail wrote: What I like most of the changes made in the live action is it dealt more in depth of the theme of robotic love, where in the manga it's just like any usual love triangle with one of the guys being a robot thrown in for the amusement and laughs. Here the scriptwriter focused more on Naito, it's a calculated, smart choice to make him more robotic thus contrasting his later character development, and it just make the relationship he has with Riiko way more convincing and layered. But in that, the writer did sacrifice Soshi's character development and it is a minor understandable shortcoming of the adaptation.
I totally agree with this. I've read the manga and while it was pretty much fun and games, the drama was understandably more serious. For me the ending felt pretty strange, since Riiko was about to give up her dream and a real man for a robot. I wouldn't give up my dream even for a real man! Anyway, I liked how this drama wasn't as naive as the manga. I think they portrayed pretty well the relationship between a woman and a robot, as far as I can imagine it. :) The fact that Riiko treated him badly without considering his feelings is pretty understandable since she didn't know there were feelings that needed considering.

Anyway, even tho this isn't going to my top ten, I did like Night in the end. I think he was a very funny personality, and I don't think anyone but Mokomichi could've portrayed a robot this well. I think he was spot on! :)

User avatar
haruhi-san
Posts: 179
Joined: Jan 8th, '07, 05:27
Location: The Americas

Post by haruhi-san » Jul 9th, '08, 01:14

Nighto-kun!! :-[

I still wonder whats happens after, does she and Soshi hook up or what. Mouuuu ~
ImageImage
Currently watching
: Moteki, Pro Golfer Hana, Tumbling, You''re Beautiful (korean) , Troubleman, & Hotaru No Hikari 2 . :wub:

User avatar
mskakashi
Posts: 14
Joined: Mar 3rd, '08, 03:49

Post by mskakashi » Jul 9th, '08, 02:14

Well, I liked the drama only becasue mokomichi's acting. he made you truly believe he was a robot, even without the stupid side effects. I watchd this drama with the love I have for the manga. I knew the ending I was not going to like but, I was refreshingly happy at the end. I felt the actress playing Riko was a tad annoying. I do not like the way they wrote the charater for soshi. Most of all through all the episode I found when night was not in the scene the show was just blah. I could ot stand the fujioka character, I could go on about my dislikes but what made me want to watch was indeed the manga and that fine, hot tall drink of water mokomichi. If I had to choose between the two I would have chosen Night of Soshi both n the drama and the manga. Plus Riko did not have to give up her dream to choose night she was just simple minded. He could have made enough money for her to put herself through cooking school, duh he was a robot. to bad he got broken. I thought the episode with Abe tsuyoshi was very good, it would be in my top three fav. :)

avontflex
Posts: 27
Joined: Jun 14th, '06, 09:16
Location: in my comfort zone

Post by avontflex » Jul 9th, '08, 14:29

Alecsa-chan wrote:I've been reading the last 5 or 6 pages to see people's reaction and i must say i'm quite mad :glare:

How in the world can someone say they DIDN'T like Mokomichi as Naito? I think that no other Japanese actor could have played Naito so perfect. Yes perfect! He gave off the vibe of a robot indeed. You all saw Abe Tsuyoshi's version of a robot. He sucked big time. He was acting just like a normal human being, nothing special while Mkomichi's act was impressive. His movements, the way he spoke etc. all of those were GREAT.

And don't shout into my face that i'm porbably a Mokomichi fan because i started watching this drama coz of Hiro and coz i had read the manga before. But now yes i admire Mokomichi.

Seriously i can't understand you people.
well beauty lies in the eyes of the beholder...mayb pple just prefer soushi. dont have to get so upset over this. n pple who leave their foot prints earlier might prefer down-to-earth dramas n not a fantasy world where robot n human can b tog.

btw the abe tsuyoshi, his role is to act as a humonic robot mah...hahahaa...so cant confirm him w moko. but in terms of looks n figure, its obvious who is the winner :-)

User avatar
joykimlee
Posts: 139
Joined: Mar 10th, '07, 21:30
Location: Hong Kong
Contact:

Post by joykimlee » Jul 10th, '08, 07:01

I'm normally all over Mokomichi in any of his jdrama but Hiro came out a winner as prince charming in Zettai Kareshi live action.

User avatar
seirin
Fansubber
Fansubber
Posts: 1611
Joined: Feb 28th, '04, 01:08

Post by seirin » Jul 10th, '08, 20:32

Actually I found it was the other way around. Maybe cuz Night is closer to the manga than Soshi is. Mokomichi's interpretation of Night seems a bit more robotic but maybe cuz they want it to be a bit more close to reality. Also it's not that easy to act as an advanced robot and not pull it off as acting too human to the point you don't realize he's a robot. As for Soshi's character, they seemed to change him a lot. Soshi in the manga seemed like the quiet and reserved type. But Soshi in the drama was a playboy. As for Hiro's interpretation of Soshi, he acting movements remind me of Nanba senpai rather than Soshi the character. I haven't seen Kamen riders so I don't know if that's how he always carries himself.

User avatar
gamblewithd3sire
Posts: 31
Joined: Jun 18th, '08, 14:36
Location: il

Post by gamblewithd3sire » Jul 12th, '08, 17:13

I've been reading the last 5 or 6 pages to see people's reaction and i must say i'm quite mad

How in the world can someone say they DIDN'T like Mokomichi as Naito? I think that no other Japanese actor could have played Naito so perfect. Yes perfect! He gave off the vibe of a robot indeed. You all saw Abe Tsuyoshi's version of a robot. He sucked big time. He was acting just like a normal human being, nothing special while Mkomichi's act was impressive. His movements, the way he spoke etc. all of those were GREAT.

And don't shout into my face that i'm porbably a Mokomichi fan because i started watching this drama coz of Hiro and coz i had read the manga before. But now yes i admire Mokomichi.

Seriously i can't understand you people.
i don't understand why you're getting mad at everyone who posted their opinions.
well obv i'm a hiro fan, and i know you are too, but you didn't have to react so angrily at others like that. :-/
i just found it weird.

wail
Posts: 92
Joined: Sep 23rd, '06, 21:53

Post by wail » Jul 12th, '08, 19:27

^ To be fair, the person you have quoted also have a right to express her anger, and she's not mad at everybody who has voiced their opinions, just a couple of hiro fans have voiced their fandom anger towards the plot development of ZK and their idol didnt get the girl etcetcetc which is even more absurd.

If being a fan of an actor will surpass any critical thinking and analysis of the logic of the plot, blind you fr the appreciation of more deserving performances, then I do think that poster doesnt want to be bracketed in the category of 'a hiro fan'.

I do watch ZK coz I've seen hiro in HK and he's the only one I can stand in the drama. The storyline suits my mood of brainless fluffy romance (or so it seems) and that's why I watched it. I do not have any impression of Mokomichi before. But after watching the drama, Hiro's performance doesnt hold his own as any competition to Moko's... many factors such as character development, the plot factors in. I just don't find Soshi's love for Riiko has any substance and development in it. So I do find even if you like Hiro in his other works, both his performance and his character pales in comparison.

But I do understand if you r a hardcore fan, and you just pay attention to scenes hiro was in and just base your 'opinion' on the drama and the character on what u've seen, I got what some ppl r coming fr. But that cut you short of making an educated opinion of the drama or any other character.

chamcham
Posts: 48
Joined: May 10th, '05, 04:03

Post by chamcham » Jul 13th, '08, 01:27

I'm only at the 3rd episode.

Just wanted to know if anyone else noticed that

Aibu Saki (i.e. Izawa Riiko) looks SO MUCH like Ueno Juri with that Nodame hairstyle that they could be twins. The same thing can be said for Mizushima Hiro(Soshi), whose curly hair makes him look EXACTLY like Matsumoto Jun. Mika also looks a lot like Uehara Misa(Chiaki's ex-girlfriend in Nodame Cantabile)

Even funnier is that their characters have personality traits so similar to Ueno Juri(Nodame from Nodame Cantabile),Matsumoto Jun(Doumyouji from "Hana Yori Dango"), and Uehara Misa(Chiaki's ex-girlfriend in Nodame Cantabile).

Sometimes I wonder if it's supposed to be some kind of inside joke.

User avatar
seirin
Fansubber
Fansubber
Posts: 1611
Joined: Feb 28th, '04, 01:08

Post by seirin » Jul 13th, '08, 03:20

chamcham wrote: Even funnier is that their characters have personality traits so similar to Ueno Juri(Nodame from Nodame Cantabile),Matsumoto Jun(Doumyouji from "Hana Yori Dango"), and Uehara Misa(Chiaki's ex-girlfriend in Nodame Cantabile).
eh? How did you arrive at that? Nodame mumbles and walks and carries herself in a funny way and she's not mean to anyone while riko's character tries to act cute all the time and she's rather mean spirited towards her robot. Also Nodame is hentai while Riko is very chaste. The only similarity would be their hair style. As for Soushi and Domyouji character they're not the same either. Domyouji isn't a playboy and he's really violent. He cusses at people all the time too calling girls ugly. Soushi is a playboy and sweet talks girls and he's not violent at all nor does he swear at people.

User avatar
Alecsa-chan
Posts: 317
Joined: Dec 24th, '06, 20:54
Location: stuck in Romania
Contact:

Post by Alecsa-chan » Jul 13th, '08, 12:11

gamblewithd3sire wrote:i don't understand why you're getting mad at everyone who posted their opinions.
well obv i'm a hiro fan, and i know you are too, but you didn't have to react so angrily at others like that. :-/
i just found it weird.
Wel it's something wrong when you are someone's hardcore fan and cannot see anything else but that person. Some people should learn to appreciate others aswell not only their favourite.
Basically i got angry when some people were saying how Hiro was great and how he deserved Riiko so much more while Moko was annoying and his acting wasn't all that good. It's not Mokomichi's fault that he was acting acording to the script, right. His character might have been annoying each and there (i don't think so myself though but ok let it that way) but his portray of a robot was simply superbe. The people above made some good comments on Mokomichi's act and i agree with everything they said. Especially about the transition from the robotic sentiments to the human feelings. <3

I also don't like it when people are being subjective saying 'omg he acts so great' when in fact the acting is crap (not with reference to Zettai Kareshi cast here though). I have my favourites too but i'm not that blind as to not accept the reality when their acting is bad.

And yes I like Hiro and i'm looking forward to his next drama. Well the next thing i guess we'll get to see him as Nanba-senpai in the Hana Kimi SP.
And as trivia. It is stated on his wiki page that Hiro's fave food is...cream filled pastry. He probably enjoyed the filming of the first episodes. Getting to eat all those yummy things :w00t:

@chamcham: Other than their hairstyles i don't see other similarities either ^^;;
ImageImage
:heart: Akira
Credit: asianfanatics

User avatar
Felguard
Posts: 162
Joined: Oct 22nd, '04, 07:16
Contact:

Post by Felguard » Jul 15th, '08, 05:05

Anyone know what shoes Night is wearing?

Is it this one?


I'm kind of confused, is the all-star stitch on the side that faces away from you or the side that faces towards you?

User avatar
BOGCHI
Posts: 200
Joined: Jul 27th, '06, 20:58
Location: CA
Contact:

Post by BOGCHI » Jul 16th, '08, 08:40

chamcham wrote:I'm only at the 3rd episode.

Just wanted to know if anyone else noticed that

Aibu Saki (i.e. Izawa Riiko) looks SO MUCH like Ueno Juri with that Nodame hairstyle that they could be twins. The same thing can be said for Mizushima Hiro(Soshi), whose curly hair makes him look EXACTLY like Matsumoto Jun. Mika also looks a lot like Uehara Misa(Chiaki's ex-girlfriend in Nodame Cantabile)

Even funnier is that their characters have personality traits so similar to Ueno Juri(Nodame from Nodame Cantabile),Matsumoto Jun(Doumyouji from "Hana Yori Dango"), and Uehara Misa(Chiaki's ex-girlfriend in Nodame Cantabile).

Sometimes I wonder if it's supposed to be some kind of inside joke.
My thoughts exactly. Aibu Saki looked and acted exactly like Nodame.. except a lot more normal and Soushi seemed like the more manly version of Matsumoto.

Just finished the drama and it's pretty good. I wanted more from the ending though.

User avatar
gamblewithd3sire
Posts: 31
Joined: Jun 18th, '08, 14:36
Location: il

Post by gamblewithd3sire » Jul 16th, '08, 15:27

Alecsa-chan wrote:
gamblewithd3sire wrote:i don't understand why you're getting mad at everyone who posted their opinions.
well obv i'm a hiro fan, and i know you are too, but you didn't have to react so angrily at others like that. :-/
i just found it weird.
Wel it's something wrong when you are someone's hardcore fan and cannot see anything else but that person. Some people should learn to appreciate others aswell not only their favourite.
Basically i got angry when some people were saying how Hiro was great and how he deserved Riiko so much more while Moko was annoying and his acting wasn't all that good. It's not Mokomichi's fault that he was acting acording to the script, right. His character might have been annoying each and there (i don't think so myself though but ok let it that way) but his portray of a robot was simply superbe. The people above made some good comments on Mokomichi's act and i agree with everything they said. Especially about the transition from the robotic sentiments to the human feelings. <3

I also don't like it when people are being subjective saying 'omg he acts so great' when in fact the acting is crap (not with reference to Zettai Kareshi cast here though). I have my favourites too but i'm not that blind as to not accept the reality when their acting is bad.

And yes I like Hiro and i'm looking forward to his next drama. Well the next thing i guess we'll get to see him as Nanba-senpai in the Hana Kimi SP.
And as trivia. It is stated on his wiki page that Hiro's fave food is...cream filled pastry. He probably enjoyed the filming of the first episodes. Getting to eat all those yummy things :w00t:

@chamcham: Other than their hairstyles i don't see other similarities either ^^;;
lolol alright.

i agree with the fact that it's not cool when people are blindsighted by their love, kind of.
i do think that Mokomichi was really good as a robot.

maybe people just said they didn't like his acting because they expected Night to be more human?

but whatever!
i can't wait for Hiro's next drama!

wail
Posts: 92
Joined: Sep 23rd, '06, 21:53

Post by wail » Jul 16th, '08, 21:17

http://www.nikkansports.com/entertainme ... amagp.html

Moko and Aibu got a bit of fan support for their roles in ZK, Moko is 3rd in lead actor award. Aibu is 4th in supporting actress.

congrats to both of them!

I only see the similarities of the comparison drawn to other drama characters solely on appearance, there is next to no similarities other wise. Hiro ALWAYS looks like a softer MatsumotoJun even in real life.

User avatar
Felguard
Posts: 162
Joined: Oct 22nd, '04, 07:16
Contact:

Post by Felguard » Jul 17th, '08, 09:39

Great drama.

User avatar
tazanya
Posts: 48
Joined: Jan 28th, '08, 21:41
Location: Las Vegas, Nevada

Post by tazanya » Jul 17th, '08, 11:44

cham cham I totally agree. at first I thought it was Juri/Nodame. The hair threw more for the first five seconds of the show. Although the ending was just ho-hum for me, I enjoyed this show alot it is so different but still keeps the cute and finny qualities i like about rom=coms without being overly sappy.

Great drama.

User avatar
gamblewithd3sire
Posts: 31
Joined: Jun 18th, '08, 14:36
Location: il

Post by gamblewithd3sire » Jul 19th, '08, 01:48

i was just wondering...does anyone have the soundtrack yet?

User avatar
BOGCHI
Posts: 200
Joined: Jul 27th, '06, 20:58
Location: CA
Contact:

Post by BOGCHI » Jul 19th, '08, 09:27


User avatar
Alecsa-chan
Posts: 317
Joined: Dec 24th, '06, 20:54
Location: stuck in Romania
Contact:

Post by Alecsa-chan » Jul 20th, '08, 08:38

gamblewithd3sire wrote:i was just wondering...does anyone have the soundtrack yet?
I've been looking for it like crazy ever since it was released. There is someone @jdorama.com that posted a link to the supposed ZK OST but there are only 4 songs :"(
ImageImage
:heart: Akira
Credit: asianfanatics

User avatar
gamblewithd3sire
Posts: 31
Joined: Jun 18th, '08, 14:36
Location: il

Post by gamblewithd3sire » Jul 20th, '08, 21:34

Alecsa-chan wrote:
gamblewithd3sire wrote:i was just wondering...does anyone have the soundtrack yet?
I've been looking for it like crazy ever since it was released. There is someone @jdorama.com that posted a link to the supposed ZK OST but there are only 4 songs :"(
lol i have been, too!

i need it.
haha i love all the songs.

cammy_blue
Posts: 62
Joined: Feb 6th, '06, 19:54
Location: Toronto, Ontario

Post by cammy_blue » Jul 20th, '08, 23:19

I've been reading some of the past few posts regarding Hayami Mokomichi's acting and liking Hiro better.
For me, I really enjoyed watching this drama. It was cute and funny. It was harmless fun and I really enjoyed that and all the cheesey moments.

Regarding the acting, I think Abe Tsuyoshi's character was supposed to be a bit more human compared to Mokomichi's Naito. They even mentioned that in the drama.
Overall I think Mokomichi did a good job. It's hard to act like a robot. I found Naito really annoying at times (the character not the person) but at the same time, I felt like that was the type of person that Riko needed to hang around with.

The OST is great too. I love Okaeri.

User avatar
gamblewithd3sire
Posts: 31
Joined: Jun 18th, '08, 14:36
Location: il

Post by gamblewithd3sire » Jul 22nd, '08, 00:23

cammy_blue wrote:I've been reading some of the past few posts regarding Hayami Mokomichi's acting and liking Hiro better.
For me, I really enjoyed watching this drama. It was cute and funny. It was harmless fun and I really enjoyed that and all the cheesey moments.

Regarding the acting, I think Abe Tsuyoshi's character was supposed to be a bit more human compared to Mokomichi's Naito. They even mentioned that in the drama.
Overall I think Mokomichi did a good job. It's hard to act like a robot. I found Naito really annoying at times (the character not the person) but at the same time, I felt like that was the type of person that Riko needed to hang around with.

The OST is great too. I love Okaeri.
did you buy the cd online?

User avatar
Alecsa-chan
Posts: 317
Joined: Dec 24th, '06, 20:54
Location: stuck in Romania
Contact:

Post by Alecsa-chan » Jul 22nd, '08, 12:55

ImageImage
:heart: Akira
Credit: asianfanatics

User avatar
gamblewithd3sire
Posts: 31
Joined: Jun 18th, '08, 14:36
Location: il

Post by gamblewithd3sire » Jul 22nd, '08, 22:12

Alecsa-chan wrote:later edit: ZETTAI KARESHI OST in MF.
Enjoy :mrgreen:

credit: mimicchii @tieba.baidu
:O :O

i love you so much it's not even funny
you don't know how long i've been looking for this. lol
thank you! <33

User avatar
Rori
Posts: 831
Joined: Jan 6th, '07, 03:43

Post by Rori » Jul 22nd, '08, 22:15

Thanks a million Alecsa-chan <3
ava: juneylovely/genieforyou-lj

Charismaho
Posts: 12
Joined: Jun 27th, '08, 13:48
Location: California, USA

Post by Charismaho » Jul 23rd, '08, 04:19

Alecsa-chan wrote:later edit: ZETTAI KARESHI OST in MF.
Enjoy :mrgreen:

credit: mimicchii @tieba.baidu

NICE!! Thanks :D

keaiclam
Posts: 74
Joined: Feb 13th, '06, 18:43
Contact:

Post by keaiclam » Jul 23rd, '08, 04:37

I started to like Night towards the end. I thought I wasn't going to feel anything for him, but he grew on me. I rooted for Hiro though haha.

I liked the songs in the drama too. Epecially the ending theme.

Overall cute and enjoyable. I wished there was a little bit more for the ending? I don't really know haha.

Currently watching: GodHand Teru, Dr. Kkaeng, Swallow the Sun, Please Take Care of the Lady, Buzzer Beat

avontflex
Posts: 27
Joined: Jun 14th, '06, 09:16
Location: in my comfort zone

Post by avontflex » Jul 23rd, '08, 14:15

yeah i wished too but rating for this dorama too low to have a special bah :)

sillyliltwit
Posts: 1
Joined: Jul 23rd, '08, 18:24

Thank you

Post by sillyliltwit » Jul 23rd, '08, 18:43

Alecsa-chan wrote:later edit: ZETTAI KARESHI OST in MF.
Enjoy :mrgreen:

credit: mimicchii @tieba.baidu



Thank you! I wish you many, many happy and wonderful things. :wub: :cheers:

User avatar
gabeysf
Posts: 4
Joined: Jul 21st, '08, 02:54
Location: San Francisco, CA

Post by gabeysf » Jul 24th, '08, 12:23

Alecsa-chan wrote:later edit: ZETTAI KARESHI OST in MF.
Enjoy :mrgreen:

credit: mimicchii @tieba.baidu
Wow... thanks so much for this!!! :D

BTW... I loved this drama. I had never read the manga, so I didn't know what was coming. I was bawling pathetically at the end.

User avatar
Eternal Snow
Posts: 328
Joined: Jan 12th, '07, 15:02

Post by Eternal Snow » Jul 24th, '08, 12:54

Alecsa-chan wrote:later edit: ZETTAI KARESHI OST in MF.
Enjoy :mrgreen:

credit: mimicchii @tieba.baidu
Thanks a lot!! u made my day i was looking for it!! :cheers:
Image

crim009
Posts: 6
Joined: Apr 9th, '06, 02:00
Location: North of the Border

Post by crim009 » Jul 25th, '08, 06:33

Just finished the drama...wasn't really rooting for night @ first, but the last few episodes got to me...definitely got teary eyed T_T. That videooo dammit...:(

sion
Posts: 5
Joined: Jul 22nd, '08, 11:08

Post by sion » Jul 25th, '08, 07:31

Alecsa-chan wrote:later edit: ZETTAI KARESHI OST in MF.
Enjoy :mrgreen:

credit: mimicchii @tieba.baidu
Cool! been searching for it since the drama ended thanks a lot :D

User avatar
xbbyMakiix
Posts: 10
Joined: Jul 25th, '08, 19:13

Post by xbbyMakiix » Jul 26th, '08, 18:43

ii haven't finished watching the drama yet but i've really
liked it so far^^ ii LOVE Hiro from Hana Kimi and ii also
really like Mokomichi^^

ii really didn't think that watching this drama would make me cry, but
so far i've cried over the parts with Mokomichi and how his "girlfriend"lol
Reiko isn't paying any attention to him..sad..

ii really hope that it'll have a good ending^^
Image Image

User avatar
Veil
Posts: 2
Joined: Jul 27th, '08, 09:13
Location: The deepest corner of your mind

Post by Veil » Jul 27th, '08, 10:33

duude, i LOVE this drama! I haven't actually read the manga (and don't think i ever will :/) I was practically BAWLING toward the end... of course it could have been the lack of sleep from watching the entire series practically over night... but I loved it so much!! ^_^ Night was Ubber kawaii... made me smile everytime he acted cute

wattacatta
Posts: 1
Joined: Jun 20th, '08, 16:41

Post by wattacatta » Jul 27th, '08, 22:23

gamblewithd3sire wrote:
Alecsa-chan wrote:
gamblewithd3sire wrote:i was just wondering...does anyone have the soundtrack yet?
I've been looking for it like crazy ever since it was released. There is someone @jdorama.com that posted a link to the supposed ZK OST but there are only 4 songs :"(
lol i have been, too!

i need it.
haha i love all the songs.

i checked out jdorama.com but only found okaeri...i was wondering if you could post the link where you saw the 4 songs. can we download them too?

thanks =)

cender26
Posts: 1
Joined: Sep 18th, '06, 03:09

Post by cender26 » Aug 22nd, '08, 15:12

This was a great drama and its become my sisters favorite. Does anyone happen to know the name of that plushie frog head that Riko held onto while at home? If its a real item, my sister wants me to get her one for her birthday...

User avatar
hazelkenro
Posts: 379
Joined: Jun 25th, '08, 21:29
Location: Mocomichi Hayami,Teppei Koike and Wentz Eiji Paradise

Post by hazelkenro » Aug 24th, '08, 21:23

I really like dis

Hayami was hot and sexy

tall dark and handsome

when i watch the ending i can't stop to cry

i really love nighto-kun

noobee
Posts: 383
Joined: Dec 19th, '06, 04:46

Post by noobee » Aug 24th, '08, 21:28

i havent watched this drama.. is it really that good?

its about robotic boyfriend isnt it?
This user's account has been suspended. Because the user has ignore the mod's warnings to not reply with short useless messages, just so a spam link will show up on all his reply messages.

User avatar
Alecsa-chan
Posts: 317
Joined: Dec 24th, '06, 20:54
Location: stuck in Romania
Contact:

Post by Alecsa-chan » Aug 25th, '08, 04:38

wattacatta wrote:i checked out jdorama.com but only found okaeri...i was wondering if you could post the link where you saw the 4 songs. can we download them too?

thanks =)
This is the full OST here http://www.mediafire.com/?lynyhfayyuf

It was on the previous page here in DA :-)
ImageImage
:heart: Akira
Credit: asianfanatics

garnet07
Posts: 536
Joined: May 4th, '04, 04:18
Location: Cali, USA
Contact:

Post by garnet07 » Aug 25th, '08, 16:30

Wheww, finally finished watching this drama yesterday after a 2 months break from it. Stopped at episode 6 and only got back to watching episode 7 yesterday. Yes, I got bored watching it after all the annoying acting by Aibu Saki. Ok, I was alright about her "shyness" on the beginning but that lasted for almost the entire drama which ticked me off. But because I got bored yesterday and decided to continue and finish this drama (after finishing the rest of the dramas I needed to catch up on) ep7 and onwards did improve a lot.

It didn't follow the manga until ep8 till the end when
Night knew he was going to "die" soon and left her to Soushi's care. I didn't really cry on the ending on both the manga and the drama but thought they did those scenes pretty well.
As for Mokomichi, I thought he was a pretty good Night. I've seen him in other dramas like Ame to Yume no Ato ni, Rondo and Gokusen 2 and he improved his acting. I think his "stiffness" as a robot was played very well. The director/producers wanted him to portray a more robot - like character for the viewer to not forget that he is a machine. And to actually be able to play that "lovable, but sekushi" boyfriend came through.

As for the setting about cream puffs, I thought they could have chosen a better idea than that. It really didn't match well with the atmosphere or it just horridly made the drama boring. As much as I like Mizushima Hiro, his character has no chemistry with Aibu Saki whatsover. I couldn't really see his "emotional" scenes to actually really really long for Riiko and loved her as much as Night did.

But as for being the best drama on the same season, I would have to disagree with that. It was good, but not great. It's very unique, but the execution overall was really lacking. It did got funnier at the end, but I wouldn't give it awards except for probably the ending song Okaeri by Ayaka. If you want good drama shown this season, watch Change or Around 40 or Last Friends. All of them may not be flawless but all the actors at least have chemistry.
Image
Waiting:
J: WatashiGaRenaiDekinaiRiyuu, HimitsuErika, NankyokuTairiku, KaseifuNoMita, NazotokiDinner
K: TreeWithDeepRoots, FlowerShop, Me2Flower
C: InTimeWithYou

User avatar
hazelkenro
Posts: 379
Joined: Jun 25th, '08, 21:29
Location: Mocomichi Hayami,Teppei Koike and Wentz Eiji Paradise

The ending was very sad because robot and human can't be

Post by hazelkenro » Aug 25th, '08, 19:03

:thumright: The ending was so sad because robot and human can't be


its so sad ending
demo nighto-kun is a perfect boyfriend i wish i have a boyfriend like him.....yay!!!!!!!!!!!!!
[/list]
Daisuki!Te-kun,Ei-chan,Moco-kun :wub: Image
"Looking forward Angel Bank,Yamato Nadeshiku (live series) and CODE BLUE!

flootist1661
Posts: 7
Joined: Mar 24th, '07, 21:56

Post by flootist1661 » Sep 15th, '08, 00:12

cute drama...but night wasnt what i imagined when i read the manga..
hes kinda scary here..like non blinking *shivers*

cute though i liked what i watched of it and the references to japanese history not in the manga itself.

User avatar
hazelkenro
Posts: 379
Joined: Jun 25th, '08, 21:29
Location: Mocomichi Hayami,Teppei Koike and Wentz Eiji Paradise

Post by hazelkenro » Sep 16th, '08, 04:27

Manga and the JSERIES its difference

because Riiko in the manga was a student unlike in the
Live series she is the typical Office girl and becoming a pattisier...hehehe!

User avatar
hazelkenro
Posts: 379
Joined: Jun 25th, '08, 21:29
Location: Mocomichi Hayami,Teppei Koike and Wentz Eiji Paradise

[JDraMA2009]"ZETTAI KARESHI RETURNS SP"

Post by hazelkenro » Feb 12th, '09, 18:46

Image
"Zettai Kareshi" returns


Thu, February 12, 2009 (1:12am EST)

Fuji TV's live-action "Zettai Kareshi" series is coming back for a special episode. Based on the manga by Yuu Watase, the series originally aired from April to June 2008.

The special, titled "Zettai Kareshi ~Kanzen Muketsu no Koibito Robot~," is set after the end of the series. Mocomichi Hayami will reprise his role as the robot Night (Naito) Tenjo, along with co-stars Saki Aibu and Hiro Mizushima. The cast will have a couple of additions, with Ryoko Kuninaka playing a brilliant scientist and Asahi Uchida playing her assistant.

Fuji TV will broadcast the episode this spring.

credits:
http://www.tokyograph.com/news/id-4417

source:
http://www.sanspo.com/geino/news/090212 ... 022-n1.htm
Daisuki!Te-kun,Ei-chan,Moco-kun :wub: Image
"Looking forward Angel Bank,Yamato Nadeshiku (live series) and CODE BLUE!

strawberrynkiwi
Posts: 106
Joined: Mar 19th, '05, 14:35

Post by strawberrynkiwi » Feb 12th, '09, 20:36

yes i really liked hiro as soshi.
always rooted for riko and soshi in the drama, not the manga though.
the drama didn't really do night justice, but for soshi instead. lol which i didn't mind at all.

User avatar
nikkibell84
Posts: 214
Joined: May 31st, '07, 06:51
Location: Louisiana

Post by nikkibell84 » Feb 12th, '09, 20:38

This is wonderful news!n :D I really enjoyed the series and felt that a lot of things could have still happened. Plus, and I may be alone in this, I wanted Night to come back, so he and Riiko could be together. I know, I know - he's a robot, but he was so sweet toward her. They were cute. Of course, a great deal of that had to do with the actors, but still - I'm looking forward to this. Thanks for letting us know.

User avatar
lilswtangel
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Posts: 1830
Joined: Oct 19th, '04, 02:22
Location: NYC
Contact:

Post by lilswtangel » Feb 12th, '09, 20:40

Ah! Another great live-action adaption that returns with a special!!! YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! but what becomes of the "triangle" between the three of them? XD
my blog[/size]

User avatar
Kakijun
Posts: 206
Joined: Sep 13th, '08, 05:18
Location: Florida, USA

Post by Kakijun » Feb 12th, '09, 21:06

Yaaay! :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:
This better not just be flashback!

User avatar
nikkibell84
Posts: 214
Joined: May 31st, '07, 06:51
Location: Louisiana

Post by nikkibell84 » Feb 12th, '09, 21:21

Kakijun wrote:Yaaay! :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:
This better not just be flashback!

It's set after the series, and has new characters. So, I'm thinking it has to do with Night and the chip that Riiko had.

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests