Filming Locations of Jdramas

Discuss Japanese drama series here.
Post Reply
User avatar
Keiko1981
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Posts: 5688
Joined: Apr 9th, '06, 11:27
Location: Sweden
Contact:

Filming Locations of Jdramas

Post by Keiko1981 » Feb 21st, '08, 19:16

Feel free to post info about filming locations of dramas here.
Many thanks goes to everyone that have helped so far. :D
Many of the dramas are filmed at the same location.

Aoi Tori: Hokkaido, Kagoshima.
Ashita no Kita Yoshio: Kappa Tengoku in Yumoto-Hakone, Kanagawa Pref, Honshu In some of the scenes from ep. 5; When Heita-san goes to the "changing room" around 3:15 and also later when the assassin is talking to Heita-san's girlfriend, and when the investigator and his assistant are sitting the lobby hiding from the bypassing Heita-san. (posted by KuroRyu)
Hanazakari no Kimitachi e: Mizuki's house is in Ibaraki and not in California.
Hana Yori Dango 1 & 2: Makino's apartment is the same location setting for the dormitory scenes for the movie Honey & Clover (ハチミツとクローバー), which starred Sakurai Sho.
Ebisu Garden Square, Shibuya, Tokyo.
Eitoku Gakuen is actually Seikei University in Tokyo.
Domyoji's mansion is known as the British Hills in Fukushima Prefecture. (http://www.british-hills.co.jp/)
Hiroshima Showa 20 nen 8 Gatsu Muika: Hiroshima Peace Memorial Park.
Kurosagi: Kita Ward in Akabane Iwabuchi. (pictures, map)
Nobuta wo Produce: JAL Training Centre in Tokyo (pic 1, pic 2), Tokyo Marine University (pic 1, pic 2)
Papa to Musume no Nanokakan: Yokohama (pic 1, pic 2, pic 3)
Sexy Voice and Robo: JAL Training Centre in Tokyo (pic 1, pic 2)
Shikaotoko Aoniyoshi: Arashiyama, Kyoto, Bamboo Forest, Fushimi Inar Fushimi Castle, Nara Kouen
Tatta Hitotsu no Koi: Yokohama (pic 1, pic 2, pic 3)
Yukan Club: Yokohama (pic 1, pic 2, pic 3)

Credit: DramaWiki, IMDb, Erin Asakawa's Doramaworld including all others that have provied information/pictures.
List of filming locations (page in Japanese): http://loca.ash.jp/
Last edited by Keiko1981 on Mar 5th, '08, 16:11, edited 9 times in total.

User avatar
fairytwix
Fansubber
Fansubber
Posts: 290
Joined: Apr 8th, '05, 13:23
Location: planet earth

Post by fairytwix » Feb 21st, '08, 19:29

hmmmm..i think they were mostly sets...idk..lol..

there is ebisu garden square in hana yori dango..hehehehe
Image
gimme some bigbangin lovin
b-b-b-but I love you boy ~

User avatar
Keiko1981
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Posts: 5688
Joined: Apr 9th, '06, 11:27
Location: Sweden
Contact:

Post by Keiko1981 » Feb 21st, '08, 19:43

fairytwix wrote:hmmmm..i think they were mostly sets...idk..lol..

there is ebisu garden square in hana yori dango..hehehehe
Which season?

User avatar
marienella_m
Posts: 533
Joined: Dec 15th, '04, 16:52

Post by marienella_m » Feb 21st, '08, 23:20

Locations from my all-time favorite dramas:

from Nobuta wo Produce:

Image
Image

the school is actually JAL Training Centre in Tokyo.

Image
Image

the rooftop scenes were taken from the Tokyo Marine University.

from Hana Kimi:

Image

Mizuki's house is in Ibaraki and not in California. :lol

from Hana Yori Dango:

Image

Eitoku Gakuen is actually Seikei University in Tokyo.

Image

Domyoji's mansion is known as the British Hills in Fukushima Prefecture.
http://www.british-hills.co.jp/



credits:erin asakawa's doramaworld.:)

emerica1123
Posts: 47
Joined: Dec 13th, '07, 03:45

Post by emerica1123 » Feb 22nd, '08, 04:29

That school in Nobuta wo Produce is also the middle school in Sexy Voice and Robo.

User avatar
lilswtangel
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Posts: 1830
Joined: Oct 19th, '04, 02:22
Location: NYC
Contact:

Post by lilswtangel » Feb 22nd, '08, 04:46

This was a very interesting read. I don't have anything to contribute to this topic but just wanted to give my thanks. :)
my blog[/size]

User avatar
mizune
Geinou Fansubber
Geinou Fansubber
Posts: 2003
Joined: Dec 15th, '03, 17:45
Location: undercover admin

Post by mizune » Feb 22nd, '08, 05:00

This site lists filming locations to just about every drama... EVER!.... (ok, maybe not quite that many, but pretty darn close)....
Only drawback is that it's in Japanese....

http://loca.ash.jp/
Read the D-Addicts FAQ before asking questions.
No movies here, so please don't request. Check the Asian Movie Torrent Links.

shortcake
Posts: 53
Joined: Mar 20th, '06, 07:11

Post by shortcake » Feb 22nd, '08, 05:06

Thanks for the locations! Makes my trek through Japan a lot easier. Its kinda corny but besides touring Japan, I I was planning on taking pics of myself in places where I'd seen some dramas filmed in. So far I had Tokyo Tower and the Rainbow bridge but the universities and training centres shouldn't be too hard to get to.

User avatar
ina
Posts: 207
Joined: Feb 1st, '05, 07:58
Location: Germany

Post by ina » Feb 23rd, '08, 22:25

When I was in Japan last year I went to Yokohama for some location scouting.

Here are my pictures.
Image

Image

Image

Seen in Tatta Hitotsu no Koi, Yukan Club, Papa to Musume no Nanokakan and probably even more.

And one picture from Ebisu Garden Square, which is in Shibuya district, but has its own train station, so saying it is in Shibuya might be a bit misleading.

Image
Last edited by ina on Nov 21st, '08, 07:54, edited 2 times in total.

minerva
Posts: 56
Joined: May 14th, '05, 04:36

Post by minerva » Feb 24th, '08, 00:02

hua!!! interesting... thanks a lot for bringing up this topic

I only know some. For Hiroshima Showa 20 nen 8 Gatsu Muika, well, definitely in Hiroshima, especially in peace memorial park. Shika otoko aoniyoshi took lots of great places in kyoto and nara. Bamboo forest in arashiyama, fushimi inar, almost in every part of nara kouen, etc.

User avatar
leesja
Posts: 64
Joined: Jan 6th, '08, 10:46
Location: Australia

Post by leesja » Feb 24th, '08, 07:18

Can someone tell me the name (and where it is) of the monument the the beginning of Kurosagi?

The scene where you first see Pi lying on the grass - with those red braces!!!!!

Thankyou

User avatar
ina
Posts: 207
Joined: Feb 1st, '05, 07:58
Location: Germany

Post by ina » Feb 24th, '08, 09:11

I looked it up on the site mizune linked to and it is in Kita ward, the area is called Akabane Iwabuchi

Pictures

Map
Last edited by ina on Feb 24th, '08, 14:21, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
leesja
Posts: 64
Joined: Jan 6th, '08, 10:46
Location: Australia

Post by leesja » Feb 24th, '08, 11:28

arigato, arigato gozaimasu

User avatar
KuroRyu
Posts: 97
Joined: Sep 19th, '06, 18:44
Location: Sweden

Post by KuroRyu » Feb 24th, '08, 12:04

not entirely sure if this is relevant but the currently airing drama Ashita no kita yoshio in ep5 were shooting at a hot spring resort in some of the scenes (when Heita-san goes to the "changing room" around 3:15 and also later when the assassin is talking to Heita-san's girlfriend, and when the investigator and his assistant are sitting the lobby hiding from the bypassing Heita-san), which turns out to be the exact same place where my friend and I visited earlier this year (around 4-5th Jan). The place is called "Kappa Tengoku" ( http://www.japanhotel.net/kappa/onsen.htm ) and is in Yumoto-Hakone. I was really surprised and couldn't believe it at first.. and to add to the irony of the situation this episode let alone series (in my knowledge at least) hadn't started aring yet. But they must have done the shooting some months prior to when we were there...

was still kinda "chou guzen" :goggle:

User avatar
Keiko1981
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Posts: 5688
Joined: Apr 9th, '06, 11:27
Location: Sweden
Contact:

Post by Keiko1981 » Feb 24th, '08, 13:11

KuroRyu wrote:not entirely sure if this is relevant but the currently airing drama Ashita no kita yoshio in ep5 were shooting at a hot spring resort in some of the scenes (when Heita-san goes to the "changing room" around 3:15 and also later when the assassin is talking to Heita-san's girlfriend, and when the investigator and his assistant are sitting the lobby hiding from the bypassing Heita-san), which turns out to be the exact same place where my friend and I visited earlier this year (around 4-5th Jan). The place is called "Kappa Tengoku" ( http://www.japanhotel.net/kappa/onsen.htm ) and is in Yumoto-Hakone. I was really surprised and couldn't believe it at first.. and to add to the irony of the situation this episode let alone series (in my knowledge at least) hadn't started aring yet. But they must have done the shooting some months prior to when we were there...

was still kinda "chou guzen" :goggle:
Here's a link to the information page that mizune posted:
http://loca.ash.jp/info/2008/d200801_kitayoshio.htm
I tried to look at the pictures but couldn't figure out if it was the place you were at.
(This is a fast way to learn the kanji for 'picture/photo' and 'map') :D

lzydata
Posts: 184
Joined: Jul 29th, '05, 10:36
Location: Singapore

Post by lzydata » Feb 24th, '08, 15:23

Keiko1981 wrote:
KuroRyu wrote:not entirely sure if this is relevant but the currently airing drama Ashita no kita yoshio in ep5 were shooting at a hot spring resort in some of the scenes (when Heita-san goes to the "changing room" around 3:15 and also later when the assassin is talking to Heita-san's girlfriend, and when the investigator and his assistant are sitting the lobby hiding from the bypassing Heita-san), which turns out to be the exact same place where my friend and I visited earlier this year (around 4-5th Jan). The place is called "Kappa Tengoku" ( http://www.japanhotel.net/kappa/onsen.htm ) and is in Yumoto-Hakone. I was really surprised and couldn't believe it at first.. and to add to the irony of the situation this episode let alone series (in my knowledge at least) hadn't started aring yet. But they must have done the shooting some months prior to when we were there...

was still kinda "chou guzen" :goggle:
Here's a link to the information page that mizune posted:
http://loca.ash.jp/info/2008/d200801_kitayoshio.htm
I tried to look at the pictures but couldn't figure out if it was the place you were at.
(This is a fast way to learn the kanji for 'picture/photo' and 'map') :D
Well KuroRyu and loca.ash.jp agree that the onsen is in Yumoto, Hakone, just that the former Kappa Tengoku is at #777 and the latter Hotel Kajikaso (ホテル河鹿荘) at #688. From what I see on their English page the decor, view and all looks correct. The official website of the hotel also has a feature on their appearance in the drama, unfortunately in Japanese only:

http://www.kajikaso.co.jp/news/detail.html?C=8284

It's a pretty amusing and informative writeup. E.g. the room Yoshio and Shinobu stayed in was the 12.5-jo [-tatami mat] ordinary-size Japanese-style room No. 321. They tease Kita-san for holding back from getting one of the 15 even better rooms with open-air baths, probably because they were a couple greatly separated in age who had just met. Also "Kita-san swims in our 6th-floor open-air bath and 2nd-floor bathhouse!!" And they point out that that deluxe foot bath was just installed last October.

All that said, it's still pretty guzen, KuroRyu! Maybe Yoshio and Shinobu were hanging around the place when you were there.

User avatar
KuroRyu
Posts: 97
Joined: Sep 19th, '06, 18:44
Location: Sweden

Post by KuroRyu » Feb 24th, '08, 17:59

I didn't recognize the rooms Shinobu and Kita were staying at so I assumed it must have been somewhere in the vicinity, probably Hotel Kajikaso as it says on the page. But the place the investigator and his assistant, the assassin hiding from Heita-san and Heita-san himself are staying at in the beginning of the episode, is undoubtedly Kappa Tengoku. It even says "ぱ天国" in the episode at 5:43 on the white board behind the investigator and his assistant :-) .

Didn't take any pictures of the places you see in the episode (the lobby and the onsen, but I did take some pictures inside our room and out the window.

Image

Image

Even the rooms they stay in seem to be of two different decors and themes (not to mention sizes). There was a pretty huge "luxurious" hotel right in front of ours, very likely that it was Hotel Kajikaso. Still pretty cool info about the place Kita-san and Shinobu-chan stayed at :thumright: .

lzydata
Posts: 184
Joined: Jul 29th, '05, 10:36
Location: Singapore

Post by lzydata » Feb 25th, '08, 02:03

KuroRyu wrote:I didn't recognize the rooms Shinobu and Kita were staying at so I assumed it must have been somewhere in the vicinity, probably Hotel Kajikaso as it says on the page. But the place the investigator and his assistant, the assassin hiding from Heita-san and Heita-san himself are staying at in the beginning of the episode, is undoubtedly Kappa Tengoku. It even says "ぱ天国" in the episode at 5:43 on the white board behind the investigator and his assistant :-) .

Didn't take any pictures of the places you see in the episode (the lobby and the onsen, but I did take some pictures inside our room and out the window.

[...]

Even the rooms they stay in seem to be of two different decors and themes (not to mention sizes). There was a pretty huge "luxurious" hotel right in front of ours, very likely that it was Hotel Kajikaso. Still pretty cool info about the place Kita-san and Shinobu-chan stayed at :thumright: .
Ah you're right there KuroRyu. I don't know how I missed this before, since their yukatas are obviously different :mrgreen: So Yoshio, Shinobu, and Yoshio's old teacher stayed at the Kajikaso, while everyone else - Heita, Katayama the hitman, Sugimoto the detective and his sidekick - was at the Kappa Tengoku. (There are a few inconsistencies in the drama though, like how Sugimoto was enjoying the Kajikaso's footbath.)

I guess the point of all this is, onsen tte ii desu ne.
Last edited by lzydata on Feb 25th, '08, 10:01, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
ushiushi
Posts: 83
Joined: May 1st, '06, 20:50
Location: Canada
Contact:

Post by ushiushi » Feb 25th, '08, 09:56

Holy crap, HYD was filimed at British Hills??!! I actually visited the place a few years ago while working in Fukushima. The School Board and I were scouting the area for a school field trip. The place is huge, but I remember the student rooms weren't that great and everyone still had to use squat toilets. :blink However, they showed us this HUGE room that was used by the Queen and special guests which does have its own sit-down toilet. :mrgreen: We ended up canceling the field trip cuz it was too expensive.

First Kiss had an airport scene filmed at Vancouver Airport. I'm still kicking myself for missing the extra casting call last June.

User avatar
KuroRyu
Posts: 97
Joined: Sep 19th, '06, 18:44
Location: Sweden

Post by KuroRyu » Feb 26th, '08, 12:57

lzydata wrote:
KuroRyu wrote:I didn't recognize the rooms Shinobu and Kita were staying at so I assumed it must have been somewhere in the vicinity, probably Hotel Kajikaso as it says on the page. But the place the investigator and his assistant, the assassin hiding from Heita-san and Heita-san himself are staying at in the beginning of the episode, is undoubtedly Kappa Tengoku. It even says "ぱ天国" in the episode at 5:43 on the white board behind the investigator and his assistant :-) .

Didn't take any pictures of the places you see in the episode (the lobby and the onsen, but I did take some pictures inside our room and out the window.

[...]

Even the rooms they stay in seem to be of two different decors and themes (not to mention sizes). There was a pretty huge "luxurious" hotel right in front of ours, very likely that it was Hotel Kajikaso. Still pretty cool info about the place Kita-san and Shinobu-chan stayed at :thumright: .
Ah you're right there KuroRyu. I don't know how I missed this before, since their yukatas are obviously different :mrgreen: So Yoshio, Shinobu, and Yoshio's old teacher stayed at the Kajikaso, while everyone else - Heita, Katayama the hitman, Sugimoto the detective and his sidekick - was at the Kappa Tengoku. (There are a few inconsistencies in the drama though, like how Sugimoto was enjoying the Kajikaso's footbath.)

I guess the point of all this is, onsen tte ii desu ne.
yes I agree that there a few inconsistencies. They only used KT in the beginnnig of the episode, later on it must have at the Kajikaso (ie. the footbath). Wonder if they intended the Kajikaso and the KP to appear as the same place?

and I agree that onsen tte hontou ni ii desu nee.

ssih
Posts: 232
Joined: Sep 6th, '08, 18:34
Location: Boston

Nobuta wo Produce Guided Tour

Post by ssih » Apr 1st, '09, 15:09

I've put together a list of filming locations for Nobuta wo Produce. I don't have any inside sources - I just used Google Earth to find these. The only one that I looked for and could NOT find was at the end of episode 1 when Shuji and Nobuta were standing at the water's edge watching the willow tree head out to sea.

Nobuta wo Produce - Guide Tour

xploring
Posts: 360
Joined: Jan 16th, '08, 01:48

Post by xploring » Apr 1st, '09, 23:43

There is a database/site for this.

http://loca.ash.jp/indexname.htm

Click on (写真) for the drama you are interested in.

ssih
Posts: 232
Joined: Sep 6th, '08, 18:34
Location: Boston

Post by ssih » Apr 1st, '09, 23:56

xploring wrote:There is a database/site for this.

http://loca.ash.jp/indexname.htm

Click on (写真) for the drama you are interested in.
I'm afraid I don't read kanji (or whatever that is). English only.

User avatar
totemokakkoii
Posts: 199
Joined: Jan 13th, '08, 15:32

Post by totemokakkoii » Apr 5th, '09, 09:13

xploring wrote:There is a database/site for this.

http://loca.ash.jp/indexname.htm

Click on (写真) for the drama you are interested in.
OMG!!! this is soooooooooo good!!!! thank you sooo much!!!!
i finally found where is the place which i have always been looking for! haha

User avatar
kes4
Posts: 11
Joined: Jun 18th, '08, 00:53
Location: USA

Post by kes4 » Apr 6th, '09, 02:25

I don't read Kanji but I am really curious which osen was used for "Around 40" Definitely something to put on my "dream-vacation" list.

xploring
Posts: 360
Joined: Jan 16th, '08, 01:48

Post by xploring » Apr 6th, '09, 05:27

You can navigate that site by the names of actors and actresses too. Those are probably a bit more recognisable?

http://loca.ash.jp/indexcast.htm
Last edited by xploring on Apr 7th, '09, 03:16, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
kes4
Posts: 11
Joined: Jun 18th, '08, 00:53
Location: USA

Post by kes4 » Apr 6th, '09, 17:42

Thank you for your help. It's still confusing but I am making progress. Thanks

User avatar
mihon
Posts: 28
Joined: Jan 12th, '06, 01:53
Location: Brazil
Contact:

Post by mihon » Apr 19th, '09, 18:29

This is sooo great!!! I've made a new hobby now! :D

Thanks!!!

yoko0201
Posts: 25
Joined: Apr 15th, '09, 22:53
Location: MARS

Post by yoko0201 » Jun 27th, '09, 20:49

If you really need help, then use Google Translate. While it can give you some interesting titles, it does give some reasonable translations to those of you who just want to see the pictures, and get an idea of the locations.

User avatar
kes4
Posts: 11
Joined: Jun 18th, '08, 00:53
Location: USA

Post by kes4 » Jun 27th, '09, 21:08

Thank you for the tip. I learned to use some auto translation and it helps a lot (and keeps me entertained while trying to figure out what certain things actually mean ;)

yoko0201
Posts: 25
Joined: Apr 15th, '09, 22:53
Location: MARS

Post by yoko0201 » Jun 28th, '09, 12:04

kes4 wrote:I don't read Kanji but I am really curious which osen was used for "Around 40" Definitely something to put on my "dream-vacation" list.
Kakizaki, Shimoda City, Shizuoka Prefecture

Image

User avatar
totemokakkoii
Posts: 199
Joined: Jan 13th, '08, 15:32

Post by totemokakkoii » Jun 28th, '09, 15:54

actually i want to ask if anyone has any idea what is the name of the place, which overlooks the Ferris Wheel, it is like a long walkway, along the river or something. it is frequently featured in many recent dramas, where the guy and the gal will walk along and talk about their feelings for each other. haha

and also, where is that ferris wheel? the one that lights up at night?

User avatar
kittykhatz20
Posts: 92
Joined: Jan 11th, '08, 07:50
Location: Manila

Post by kittykhatz20 » Jun 28th, '09, 16:10

wow... those are really interesting information... thanks for sharing...
Image
:thumleft: Is it a crime to be mesmerized? :thumright:
heard that procrastinating is bad... but nobody told me its this addictive

User avatar
kes4
Posts: 11
Joined: Jun 18th, '08, 00:53
Location: USA

Post by kes4 » Jun 28th, '09, 16:14

yoko0201 wrote:
Kakizaki, Shimoda City, Shizuoka Prefecture

Image
Thank you very much, I really appreciate the information you found for me. That was more than I hoped for.

User avatar
mokudekiru
Posts: 28
Joined: Jan 14th, '09, 08:23
Location: USA
Contact:

Post by mokudekiru » Jun 28th, '09, 22:13

Thank you so much for that website... a whole world of travel possibilities has been opened up ... hehe ^_^

User avatar
marienella_m
Posts: 533
Joined: Dec 15th, '04, 16:52

Post by marienella_m » Jun 28th, '09, 22:42

totemokakkoii wrote:actually i want to ask if anyone has any idea what is the name of the place, which overlooks the Ferris Wheel, it is like a long walkway, along the river or something. it is frequently featured in many recent dramas, where the guy and the gal will walk along and talk about their feelings for each other. haha

and also, where is that ferris wheel? the one that lights up at night?
are you referring to this one?
Image

It's the Cosmo Clock 21 at Yokohama Cosmoworld, Yokohama Japan.

User avatar
totemokakkoii
Posts: 199
Joined: Jan 13th, '08, 15:32

Post by totemokakkoii » Jun 29th, '09, 02:37

marienella_m wrote:
totemokakkoii wrote:actually i want to ask if anyone has any idea what is the name of the place, which overlooks the Ferris Wheel, it is like a long walkway, along the river or something. it is frequently featured in many recent dramas, where the guy and the gal will walk along and talk about their feelings for each other. haha

and also, where is that ferris wheel? the one that lights up at night?
are you referring to this one?
Image

It's the Cosmo Clock 21 at Yokohama Cosmoworld, Yokohama Japan.

yeah.. i think it is this.i want to visit this place when i am going japan in the future..
thanks marienella-san. :D

by the way, you have any idea, what is the name of the other side of the river bank? the side which is just a long walkway by the river bank, overlooking the cosmo clock.

User avatar
runpup
Posts: 60
Joined: Aug 19th, '05, 23:43

Post by runpup » Jun 29th, '09, 21:44

totemokakkoii wrote:
marienella_m wrote:
totemokakkoii wrote:actually i want to ask if anyone has any idea what is the name of the place, which overlooks the Ferris Wheel, it is like a long walkway, along the river or something. it is frequently featured in many recent dramas, where the guy and the gal will walk along and talk about their feelings for each other. haha

and also, where is that ferris wheel? the one that lights up at night?
are you referring to this one?
Image

It's the Cosmo Clock 21 at Yokohama Cosmoworld, Yokohama Japan.

yeah.. i think it is this.i want to visit this place when i am going japan in the future..
thanks marienella-san. :D

by the way, you have any idea, what is the name of the other side of the river bank? the side which is just a long walkway by the river bank, overlooking the cosmo clock.
http://www.paperlantern.net/map/sakuragicho.html

http://www.asiarooms.com/travel-guide/j ... ohama.html

sefilily
Posts: 84
Joined: Jul 29th, '07, 13:11
Location: Sydney, Australia
Contact:

Post by sefilily » Jul 11th, '09, 11:07

Does anyone know where that park is from Last Friends? The place where there's a stage and benches. It's also in ep 4 of Atashinchi no Danshi. The place where they had the karaoke competition. Thanks.

calpisuu
Posts: 19
Joined: Apr 15th, '09, 09:03

Post by calpisuu » Jul 11th, '09, 11:59

Does anyone know where that park is from Last Friends? The place where there's a stage and benches. It's also in ep 4 of Atashinchi no Danshi. The place where they had the karaoke competition
It's in Tokyo (Mitaka) and the park is called Inokashira-koen. :)
Image
You can see where to get off. It's pretty close to the Kichijoji station! :D

ssih
Posts: 232
Joined: Sep 6th, '08, 18:34
Location: Boston

Post by ssih » Jul 11th, '09, 13:23


sefilily
Posts: 84
Joined: Jul 29th, '07, 13:11
Location: Sydney, Australia
Contact:

Post by sefilily » Jul 15th, '09, 11:33

calpisuu and ssih thanks so much for that!

I want to go visit when I go to Japan in November.

User avatar
totemokakkoii
Posts: 199
Joined: Jan 13th, '08, 15:32

Post by totemokakkoii » Jul 15th, '09, 11:38

thanks "runpup" for the information!!! =)

User avatar
pn0yb0i
Posts: 272
Joined: May 27th, '07, 15:55
Location: USA, Southern California, Los Angeles

Post by pn0yb0i » Jul 16th, '09, 09:02

LO
VE

^ Looking for that sign.

hmm.... Also looking for the Campus featured in Gokusen S2 (also featured in a gokusen-like drama aired several years ago...)

And the famous areas where they film Kamen Rider under the bridge, as well as the "abandoned" wherehouse location where they film many Sentai/KamenRider action scenes.
Image

User avatar
runpup
Posts: 60
Joined: Aug 19th, '05, 23:43

Post by runpup » Jul 16th, '09, 17:09

pn0yb0i wrote:LO
VE

^ Looking for that sign.

.
Image

Nishi-Shinjuku 6-chome, Shinjuku-ku, Tokyo : AIRANDOTAWA Shinjuku

User avatar
scareglow
Posts: 1
Joined: Mar 25th, '09, 12:06

Location of "kekkon dekinai otoko"?

Post by scareglow » Aug 2nd, '09, 12:24

konnichiwa minnasan!
I'll be traveling to tokyo soon and I wonder if someone knows the location where "kekkon dekinai otoko" has been shot.
basically I'm looking for the bridge shinsuke is passing once in a while.
any hint is appreciated!
thanks so much in advance!

seri
Posts: 26
Joined: Apr 22nd, '08, 16:30
Location: Down Under

Post by seri » Aug 4th, '09, 05:28

hello! i don't really remember which bridge you're talking about.. but there's apparently two. don't worry, they're both next to each other.

the first is the blue arched one: http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&source= ... 17&iwloc=J

the second one is one that lights up: http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&source= ... 17&iwloc=E

hope this helps! have a good time in japan ^^

User avatar
Bluelillie
Posts: 43
Joined: May 2nd, '09, 10:38
Location: Home

Post by Bluelillie » Oct 8th, '10, 18:56

Hello,

Just a short question.

Hana Kimi Osaka Gakuen, was it actually in Osaka?

Lillie

User avatar
j_halo7
Posts: 370
Joined: Feb 16th, '07, 06:04
Location: Singapore

Post by j_halo7 » Oct 9th, '10, 11:21

Can anyone translate the details for Osen's Isshouan restaurant? Is it really a restaurant? I want to add that to my must-visit-this-lifetime list. :D Link to it is below.

http://loca.ash.jp/show/2008/d200804_osen.htm
Now watching: Too many to count. XD

User avatar
chokubi
Posts: 315
Joined: Dec 6th, '06, 15:38

Post by chokubi » Oct 9th, '10, 13:32

j_halo7 wrote:Is it really a restaurant?
Looks like a museum called "Shunpu Banriso" exhibiting works by Kitaoji Rosanjin.
The first link has a google map, and the 2nd link will hint why that location was chosen for the drama.

User avatar
j_halo7
Posts: 370
Joined: Feb 16th, '07, 06:04
Location: Singapore

Post by j_halo7 » Oct 9th, '10, 14:16

chokubi wrote:
j_halo7 wrote:Is it really a restaurant?
Looks like a museum called "Shunpu Banriso" exhibiting works by Kitaoji Rosanjin.
The first link has a google map, and the 2nd link will hint why that location was chosen for the drama.
Thanks! If I ever get a chance, I'll visit the museum. It looks really pretty. ^^
Now watching: Too many to count. XD

JaJe
Posts: 250
Joined: Aug 7th, '09, 20:35
Location: on the silver cloud of dreams ^o^

Post by JaJe » Oct 9th, '10, 21:32

The school of "Dance Drill" ("Dandori") is actually Tokyo University of Agriculture Daiichi High School. (also translated as The First High School of Tokyo University of Agriculture)
I attend it for some time :roll Miss it so~ much :cry:

manoarain808
Posts: 77
Joined: Dec 23rd, '09, 06:07

Post by manoarain808 » Jul 27th, '13, 14:34

This is kinda a hobby of mine. To look for the filming locations on google maps, then visiting them when I'm in Japan. Here's some cool spots I found on google maps (just copy and paste these coordinates):

At Home Dad (Yamamura's House): 35.500103,139.471502
Oniyome Nikki (Yamazaki's House): 35.50036,139.471156

The neighborhood in the above dramas is called Mark Springs. Houses in this area seemed to need a new paint job when I visited, but it still seemed to be a nice neighborhood to live in.

Last Cinderella (Chapel in Opening Credits): 35.664615,139.709444
The salon where Sakura works is just across the street from the chapel. Use streetview, find the Chapel and just rotate 180 degrees for the hair salon.

Last Cinderella (Hiroto's BMX Park): 35.742597,139.809318

Utsukushii Rinjin (Yano's House): 35.226419,139.61335
Saki's house is right next door.

Saitou-san (Saitou's House): 35.431706,139.567572
Saitou-san (Mano's House): 35.431568,139.568073

Saitou-san 2 (Playground w/ horseshoe slide Saito-san jogs past at start of ep 1): 35.891728,139.855553

Densha Otoko (Densha and Hermes' secret spot): 35.698429,139.771428

Saikou no Rikon (Hamasaki's Laundry Shop/Apartment): 35.646614,139.697667
Looks like they dressed the shop a little for the drama.

Saikou no Rikon (Uehara's Apartment/Shop): 35.647509,139.695808
Looks like house was a bit renovated and added stairs to the first floor patio area leading up to Uehara's Apt for the drama.

You guys find any cools spots? Post it! I've been trying to find Yankumi's house from Gokusen for the longest time, but never could find it.

juki
Posts: 131
Joined: Oct 13th, '06, 16:37
Location: France

Post by juki » Jul 27th, '13, 16:23

OH ! thanks for that ! Next time I go there I check some of these places for sure.
But sorry I can't help you for Gokusen ... how do you look for it ? Do you know Japan very well ? Seems quite difficult.

xaxa
Posts: 323
Joined: Dec 3rd, '05, 12:06
Contact:

Post by xaxa » Jul 28th, '13, 12:50

another site that is dedicated to drama locations: http://location.la.coocan.jp/

User avatar
SummeryDreams
Posts: 32
Joined: Jul 5th, '13, 10:25

Post by SummeryDreams » Aug 3rd, '13, 01:29

I invite them in some part of our country the Phils. We have lots of good beaches here, especially somewhere in Surigao and Palawan.

kotsukotsu
Posts: 46
Joined: Oct 2nd, '12, 19:10

Post by kotsukotsu » Aug 3rd, '13, 19:54

Japanese ロケ地 web sites can be found by a few seconds of searching on the WWW, and these describe in detail shooting locations for various Doramas.

This information is already widely available. Several times while watching a drama, I've stopped to spend a few seconds to do a WWW search to find the ロケ地 when it isn't obvious from the credits at the end of the broadcast. You can then also use Google Maps Street View to see the shooting location from alternate angles.

Why is this a topic? I thought almost everyone interested in Doramas did this anyway by a simple WWW search.

xaxa
Posts: 323
Joined: Dec 3rd, '05, 12:06
Contact:

Post by xaxa » Aug 3rd, '13, 23:40

kotsukotsu wrote:I thought almost everyone interested in Doramas did this anyway by a simple WWW search.
Never even thought about it)) I'd bet that absolute majority don't do that))

el_canuck
Posts: 208
Joined: Apr 30th, '08, 18:38

Post by el_canuck » Aug 4th, '13, 02:55

I believe in The Long Vacation, the post script or final scene is in Holland Park Mews which is a part of London England west of Buckingham Palace, the church inside could be anywhere. I think a bit strange as Kimura Takuya and Yamaguchi Tomoko were supposed to be moving to Boston, Mass, USA and to simulate Boston, they could have gone to Sydney Australia. The cost to go to London for one scene?
I noticed that the cars were driving in the wrong lane from the US, but still a classic of dramas, I think 1996.

User avatar
rootabega
Posts: 396
Joined: Dec 7th, '10, 18:29

Post by rootabega » Aug 5th, '13, 00:48

I believe 2008's Yottsu no Uso opened with some boring-looking footage shot in Vancouver (it was so brief and generic, you could be forgiven for not recognizing it). The crazy thing is they spent serious $$$ to cross the ocean to shoot an opening that could have easily been done back home. Of course, the weather was overcast as usual. :-(
Many a cheesy Cantopop PV has been shot in my hometown, as well. :lol

User avatar
YukawaManabu
Posts: 52
Joined: Jun 27th, '13, 15:42

Post by YukawaManabu » Aug 11th, '13, 14:20

Hey guys! http://loca.ash.jp/ is a good site that collates Jdorama filming locations :) The sites are arranged by title, actor, month and year of TV release, and region in Japan. This is where I got most of the filming location info for the first season of Galileo. Enjoy!

If you need help with navigating, just post here and I'll help you out :)

kotsukotsu
Posts: 46
Joined: Oct 2nd, '12, 19:10

Post by kotsukotsu » Sep 2nd, '13, 20:08

I don't understand why this topic exists. There exists tons of information on Rokechi in the usual Japanese language WWW sites. In cases where such information isn't obvious on the many Rokechi WWW sites dedicated to providing information on filming location of Japanese dramas, often the information is listed at the end of the episode in the credits. I find it interesting after seeing a particular scene in a drama sometimes to visit one of the many WWW sites listing shooting locations (Rokechi) and then looking up the same location in Google Street View or Satellite View. In only takes a few seconds. On more than one occasion, I've altered a trip to Japan just to go see some Rokechi location in Kyoto or Tokyo. Someday I'll make it to Warp Station Edo near Tsukuba to see the familiar set of so many Jidaigeki (appears on Google Satellite View but beyond the range of Google Street View). It is amazing how many dramas are filmed in such a small location, sometimes with help of blue screen at the end of the street (the framework for the blue screen is visible in the Google Satellite View) and a little computer animation.

manoarain808
Posts: 77
Joined: Dec 23rd, '09, 06:07

Post by manoarain808 » Sep 23rd, '13, 10:51

kotsukotsu wrote:I don't understand why this topic exists. There exists tons of information on Rokechi in the usual Japanese language WWW sites. In cases where such information isn't obvious on the many Rokechi WWW sites dedicated to providing information on filming location of Japanese dramas, often the information is listed at the end of the episode in the credits.
These Japanese websites may be somewhat difficult to navigate if one does not know how to read Japanese. In addition, one needs an understanding of the Japanese addressing system to look up many of these filming locations. These things may seem trivial to those living in Japan, but many people on d-addicts, who are enjoying J-dramas may not necessarily know how to read Japanese or understand the Japanese addressing system. Much props to YukawaManabu for realizing these issues and offering his/her help to those having difficulty navigating these websites.

That's why I think this topic exists.

User avatar
in2sky
Posts: 216
Joined: Mar 13th, '05, 17:01

Elysion House

Post by in2sky » Oct 7th, '13, 07:19

I've been going for lunch at Elysion House for 5 or 6 years now.

As you can see in the pictures, you'll recognize this filming location that's been used for a number of lunches and inners in several dramas. I'll think of which ones.

http://www.elysionhouse.com/concept/index.html

raven_frost
Posts: 423
Joined: Oct 5th, '04, 14:45

Post by raven_frost » Nov 17th, '13, 06:12

It was recently reported in Gendai that an election fraud scandal surrounding Japan's largest medical and welfare service group, the Tokushukai, may affect the use of Nishi Tokushukai Hospital in Tokyo. The hospital has been a popular filming location for dramas such as Iryu 3, Ninkyo Helper, Namonaki Doku, Kyumei Byoto 24-hr Season 5.

It is currently used as a location for this season's drama Keiji no Manazashi, and so too for Iryu 4 next season.

Psionic
Posts: 163
Joined: Mar 12th, '04, 20:05
Location: London

Memorable drama locations in tokyo

Post by Psionic » May 12th, '14, 15:12

Hey guys,

I'm currently in Tokyo for 3 weeks and have quite a lot of free time after work. I've been a avid jdrama fan from since I can remember. I thought it may be good chance to check out some famous locations that may have come up in dramas. Can you guys help me out and suggest a few places I can visit...... eg, densha otoko and akihabara (but where specifically ?). Sorry for being vague and ambiguous.

I'm also free to meet up with anyone who may be here for food or drinks. Sorry if this is the wrong place to post this, I don't usually create threads.

Thanks

doodoofan
Posts: 44
Joined: Nov 15th, '06, 18:57

Post by doodoofan » Sep 9th, '14, 18:47

I wanted to visit places that appeared in dramas too but never had the time. I only went to Shibuya where there was statue of Hachiko, the faithful dog in the popular movie of the same name. Even though it's not a place from a drama, I think you should really check it out.

User avatar
ChaleChangZambarau
Posts: 89
Joined: Jan 2nd, '15, 03:36
Location: Hotel Breakwater

Re: Filming Locations of Jdramas

Post by ChaleChangZambarau » Apr 19th, '15, 06:23

Bomb thread!! Great information about the places in doramas. Thanks all.
Jina Jema Hungara Gizani

JackBauer2424
Posts: 175
Joined: May 11th, '15, 04:48

Re: Filming Locations of Jdramas

Post by JackBauer2424 » Aug 16th, '15, 07:02

Love Generation shot a brief scene at the same Yebisu Garden Place location as Hana Yori Dango 1 & Final. Maybe in the final episode.

User avatar
Psi
Posts: 59
Joined: Sep 7th, '12, 12:06

Re: Filming Locations of Jdramas

Post by Psi » Feb 10th, '16, 15:55

Just spotted a "noodle shop" that appears in both Higanbana and Kazoku no Katachi: http://imgur.com/a/z3VT1

Now I'm wondering if it's a promotion of a real eatery or if it's just a convenient prop heh...

Any ideas, anyone?

PS: Turns out it's a real place. "Soba Minatoya"
Last edited by Psi on Oct 17th, '16, 12:47, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Himitsu17
Posts: 452
Joined: Jan 18th, '15, 17:13
Location: Switzerland
Contact:

Re: Filming Locations of Jdramas

Post by Himitsu17 » May 15th, '16, 08:49

I don't know if it's the right place to talk about it, but I'm looking for a place, well in fact make it two.

I'm currently watching Renai NEET and I wanted to know if the two cafe they go to (the first one is the regular one and the second is the one in episode 2 where there is a panda) are real. If they are, where could they be ?

Here is a small pic from the official page :
http://www.tbs.co.jp/renai-neet/gallery/vol1/ph11.html

It's the main cafe they go in each episode.

Thank you already for your help !
Find me @MyDramaList & @Livejournal
Feel free to contact me or befriend me anytime :)

JackBauer2424
Posts: 175
Joined: May 11th, '15, 04:48

Re:

Post by JackBauer2424 » Nov 12th, '16, 11:35

Keiko1981 wrote:
fairytwix wrote:hmmmm..i think they were mostly sets...idk..lol..

there is ebisu garden square in hana yori dango..hehehehe
Which season?
Hana Yori Dango Season 1, I think had Yebisu Garden Place (maybe both seasons, the first date was there, so probably at least season 1 and season 2 wedding), as did Love Generation last episode, I think.

I vaguely remember seeing someone post a location used in Hotaru no Hikari and didn't pay attention since I didn't watch that, but now that I saw season 1, I'm curious.

The picnic location in Ep5 of Nigeru wa Haji da ga Yaku ni Tatsu looks a lot like the elite modern condo from Suna no Tou. I think the residence or office lobby of Nigeru looks like the Suna no Tou condo's lobby.

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot], toran2002 and 2 guests