Administrator
Sweden

[Discussion] Koshonin (All Seasons)

Post by Keiko1981 » Feb 18th, '08, 20:00

Discussion for the drama Koshonin (The Negotiator) goes here:
http://wiki.d-addicts.com/Koshonin

Karawhite

Post by Karawhite » Feb 19th, '08, 15:32

I love it. Its clearly the best series this entire season. I've just started watching it and am up to the fourth episode. Usagi Reiko is a strong, independent woman who knows what she wants and is strong enough to work in a male dominated job. She is treated like crap but she is strong enough to carry on. The acting for this series is terrific and the situations are very interesting to watch. There is also the underlying mystery of the relationship between Reiko and Mariya and that really makes me want to continue watching. If it continues to be as terrific as this, then it'll be one of my most favourite series ever. Those who liked security police (before it went crap) this is just as good. Actually, even better because the story feels tighter (not all over the place) and it starts off with a bang rather than SP which took a while to get good. I am loving Shirota Yuu in this as well. Hope to see more of him later in the series.

seirin
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by seirin » Feb 19th, '08, 15:43

er... did you check out bara no nai hanaya if you think this is the best of the season?

I think the scenerios are quite interesting with all the negotiations, but somehow at times it leaves a bad taste with all the male chauvinism. That's the major draw back to the drama. However I think my favorite character is played by Shirota Yuu. The character is pretty interesting and dark and I was surprised that was Shirota. His acting is good ^^; I thought he looked familiar.

Karawhite

Post by Karawhite » Feb 20th, '08, 07:21

I did check out Bara. I watched three episodes before i decided whilst it was not bad, it wasn't that great either. The main thing i have against Bara is that the story feels like its trying to hard to be mysterious and dramatic. I know Koshonin also has moments like this, but i forgive it because its not too annoying considering what the series is about. With bara, there are some beautiful moments and then there are moments that just feel like the scriptwriter/director/whoever is trying too hard and somehow that puts me off a little. Though i love the cast, especially Yuki-chan who plays shizuku and Shota who plays naoya, its not enough to make me think that its the best of the season. Koshonin is much more entertaining for me to watch and i really want to know what happens in the next episode. With Bara, i don't really care one way or another and i guess that makes all the difference to me.

With the male chauvanism, i think its suppose to make you feel pissed off. Thats what makes me like Usagi because the work environment she's in is filled with arrogant pricks and she better than all of them except perhaps the chief. I like how they haven't warmed up to her by now. Its better than those other series where the males will warm up to her after see how great she is. In this one, they are even more put off by her and isolate her and i think thats much more realistic and interesting.

I agree that Shirota Yuu's character is very interesting. I love the scenes with him and Ryoko.

seirin
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by seirin » Feb 20th, '08, 08:40

I actually didn't find bara to be mysterious at all ^^; Actually it's kind of predictable. He always leaves clues around in the drama. I can't guess the ending how they will end up, but I could pretty much guess their relationships between each other by episode 2.

As for Koshonin, every episode is a case and by the end, everyone will accept her. And everyone gets a long as a team. Whether Shirota dies or not I'm not sure. Anyhow only interesting part was shirota and the negotiations, otherwise I find the show rather irritating at times. They aren't only trying to show male chauvinism, but at the same time belittling the male force in the SIT team. They always write her as a hero and the others are idiots. In reality, if that was true, they would all be fired. It sometimes makes me want to swear at the males for even being employed at SIT. It's a disgrace. Old guy suppose to be head of the team, macking on girls all day long and hanging around night clubs...younger SIT don't seem to have the knowledge or balls. Older SIT sexist and always worried about their reputation.

Karawhite

Post by Karawhite » Feb 21st, '08, 03:35

I don't think everyone will accept her at the end.
I want to know the reason behind the four photos that she has in her wardrobe. I think that they had something to do with her father's death and i think that once her identity is exposed- that she is Yajima rather than usagi- things are going to get very interesting

Testament

Post by Testament » Mar 2nd, '08, 12:58

Is the ost for this drama out ?

dragonmagician

Post by dragonmagician » Apr 20th, '08, 03:40

I like the beginning theme, does anybody know where I can find it?

alpha2nd

Post by alpha2nd » Feb 26th, '09, 13:02

I liked the series, but the ending seemed somewhat in complete. I heard that a special is airing this weekend, hopefully it'll bring some closure to the end of the series. (hope someone uploads the raw at least too ^_^;)

furransu
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by furransu » Sep 2nd, '09, 12:30

oh yay theres gonna be a second season in October!

hopefully someone will be subbing koshonin 2 :D

koushounin

[Discussion]Koushounin 2

Post by koushounin » Oct 22nd, '09, 15:34

I missed the first episode last night on TV. I know that the first season was posted here so I can't wait to see what I just missed. If anyone saw it, or is a fan of the show, can you tell me what you thought of the second season's debut? Thanks! :-)

bmwracer

Post by bmwracer » Oct 22nd, '09, 16:39

Isn't it spelled "Koshonin?"

furransu
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by furransu » Oct 22nd, '09, 16:55

koushounin is correct too.

anyways, hopefully someone will upload the ep1 raw and sub the 2nd season, i really enjoyed the 1st season :)
well, if i can get the raws then i'll upload it.. if not then i hope somebody will :P

koushounin

Post by koushounin » Oct 22nd, '09, 20:39

Ya, I wanted to see it so bad I kept telling myself 9pm...9pm then I turn on the TV finally its like 11PM and I see nothing but news...I checked the TV guide but the only match I found was next week's episode. So, I am patiently waiting for someone to load it. :-)

I want to find out how those guns got into Japan and why they are being used specifically in murders. I can't wait!!! I always preferred the episodes in the first season that used SIT armed division and when she wielded her gun out, even if the end result was always passive. That is the theme of the show though. To protect everyone including the criminals! 8)

bmwracer

Post by bmwracer » Oct 22nd, '09, 23:33

^ You should use the spoiler tags. :sweat:

koushounin

Post by koushounin » Oct 22nd, '09, 23:40

^ It's not really a spoiler as its only the preview to the first episode on the show's website. :O
But since they just showed the first episode last night, they are now previewing the next episode.

http://www.tv-asahi.co.jp/koshonin/ Check it out! :-)

rickt

Post by rickt » Nov 28th, '09, 03:14

Question: any value in watching the SP before Season 2 or the story continues from Season 1? Seeing that S2 is now subbed while the SP isn't, I can't wait to start watching this series again..

yunie_nguyen

Post by yunie_nguyen » Dec 1st, '09, 23:40

rickt wrote:Question: any value in watching the SP before Season 2 or the story continues from Season 1? Seeing that S2 is now subbed while the SP isn't, I can't wait to start watching this series again..
hahha I'm wondering too. From wiki the SP had really good ratings, compared to Season 1 episodes, and Season 2 so far.