[Discussion] Last Friends - Nagasawa Masami/Ueno Juri/Eita

Discuss Japanese drama series here.
avieamber
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by avieamber » Jun 20th, '08, 02:19

hanapyupyu wrote:Gah....tonight is the last episode! :w00t: I'm feeling bittersweet.....hard to believe I got so attached to these fictional characters. *sigh*

^Yuuki: So ka? Juri is a big eater and is attracted by food? Lol, she's more like Nodame than I thought!

avieamber: Okay, I'll bite. Who did you want to die instead of you-know-who? :roll
well initially...
from first few episodes i really hate Michiru and i wanted her dead :glare: becoz of her continuous indecisiveness and oblivious towards Ruka's feelings for her (how much she cared for her, i mean, not the more-than-friendship-thing) But we know that's not really gonna happen coz she's the lead. And normally they dont kill off the lead, in rare cases yeah. I hate Sousuke a lot, but the way he died is just kinda lame (at first i thought that until i begin to feel like that was the only way he could've died without hurting anyone else) So i'm fine with the death. I just felt funny watching him die like that.

Okay, before he died, i actually wanted someone else like either Ruka or Takeru to die maybe when they're trying to save Michiru. It'd be heartbreaking i know but that was what i wanted around episode 9-10. But in a way, that would make them memorable and i have a thing towards * sacrificing your life* formula haha xD Then Sousuke died...and i'm fine with that now.

In fact, i'm really happy now that the ending is like that. And more TakeRuka moments in the finale is good.

Oh i had the urge to want Michiru to die again during her labor scene :roll And like someone pointed out, i really can imagine both Ruka and Takeru raising the child together. Okay, i love them both. ^^ :lol

Kookie315

Post by Kookie315 » Jun 20th, '08, 02:27

Did everyone here download it with BT?

spyefox

Post by spyefox » Jun 20th, '08, 02:31

Kookie315 wrote:Did everyone here download it with BT?
I am using Vuze (formerly know as Azureus). Don't know why my dl is taking longer time than usual. I hope to see this by sunday when sub is out :D
Last edited by spyefox on Jun 20th, '08, 02:36, edited 1 time in total.

Kookie315

Post by Kookie315 » Jun 20th, '08, 02:36

spyefox wrote:
I am using Vuze (formally know as Azureus). Don't know why my dl is taking longer time than usual. I hope to see this by sunday when sub is out :D
Mine isn't even working so I guess I'll wait for someone to put it on MegaUpload or an online streaming site. If someone sees anything, please help us out with a link! :mrgreen:

aaronlite

Post by aaronlite » Jun 20th, '08, 02:43

How long is it usually before someone makes soft subs? I'm dying to watch. xD

spyefox

Post by spyefox » Jun 20th, '08, 02:45

Kookie315 wrote:
spyefox wrote:
I am using Vuze (formally know as Azureus). Don't know why my dl is taking longer time than usual. I hope to see this by sunday when sub is out :D
Mine isn't even working so I guess I'll wait for someone to put it on MegaUpload or an online streaming site. If someone sees anything, please help us out with a link! :mrgreen:
maybe you should try youtube. I heard you can watch it there. I have never try it before but who knows. I have read the transcript of ep. 11 and it's all worth it lol (even without seeing the actual drama :mrgreen: ...i consider seeing it with my own imagination while reading the transcript hehe)

spyefox

Post by spyefox » Jun 20th, '08, 02:48

aaronlite wrote:How long is it usually before someone makes soft subs? I'm dying to watch. xD
go here http://suketeru.livejournal.com/26398.htm l....current status - in progress

Kookie315

Post by Kookie315 » Jun 20th, '08, 03:02

Thanks spyefox, I've tried but there's nothing up yet for ep 11.

Kookie315

Post by Kookie315 » Jun 20th, '08, 03:13

And everyone is saying different things about the special. Some say it will air next week, others say they didn't know it existed. Does anyone know what's going on with that?

avieamber
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by avieamber » Jun 20th, '08, 03:22

my bittorent is taking longer too today. WHY? WHY MUST IT BE SLOW WHEN it's the episode i most wanted to see....

:cussing:

joking... :lol

about the Special, i thought it's PRETTY MUCH CONFIRMED there will be one airing next week? but so far, we don't know what to expect from the special...maybe a continuation from the finale BUT i hope it's nothing like 1 litre of Tears special which was very disappointing becoz there's nothing much to watch, instead they gave us all those flashbacks which is unnecessary. the drama itself could've ended just fine without the *useless* Special.

So, i hope it's not some flashbacks they're giving us. And i don't really wanna see documentary too, i want behind the scenes stuffs, bloopers, NGs...and funny stuffs haha.

Kookie315

Post by Kookie315 » Jun 20th, '08, 03:30

avieamber wrote:my bittorent is taking longer too today. WHY? WHY MUST IT BE SLOW WHEN it's the episode i most wanted to see....

:cussing:

joking... :lol

about the Special, i thought it's PRETTY MUCH CONFIRMED there will be one airing next week? but so far, we don't know what to expect from the special...maybe a continuation from the finale BUT i hope it's nothing like 1 litre of Tears special which was very disappointing becoz there's nothing much to watch, instead they gave us all those flashbacks which is unnecessary. the drama itself could've ended just fine without the *useless* Special.

So, i hope it's not some flashbacks they're giving us. And i don't really wanna see documentary too, i want behind the scenes stuffs, bloopers, NGs...and funny stuffs haha.
Haha that's so funny you should say this, because I watched 1LoT about a year ago and was searching through Jdramas yesterday and found out there was a special. I was all excited because, well, Ryo, and it was a good drama, and I watched it today with this expression: :-(

aaronlite

Post by aaronlite » Jun 20th, '08, 03:33

spyefox wrote:
aaronlite wrote:How long is it usually before someone makes soft subs? I'm dying to watch. xD
go here http://suketeru.livejournal.com/26398.htm l....current status - in progress
Thank you!

hanapyupyu

Post by hanapyupyu » Jun 20th, '08, 04:20

marienella_m wrote:
fayenatic wrote:anyone know what the final ratings were??
22.8% 22:00-23:09 CX* 木曜劇場・ラスト・フレンズ(終)
22.8% ~Yatta!!! They did it again! Last week they not only beat Change but also Gokusen 3, second only to Atsuhime. Sugoii! 8) Congrats to all Last Friends cast and crew!! :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:

I haven't watched the last ep yet, but it seems like a good episode! haha!

Here's some news....

Last Friends to Hit the Big Screen

(Source: Entame) Osaka Sports reported that the decision to make a movie-version of popular J-Dorama "Last Friends" has been made! The dorama's themes are concerned with modern-day social problems like child abuse, domestic violence and homosexuality, and started out with a viewer's rating of 13.9% (for the first episode) and peaked at 20.7% in the second-last episode last week, pulling ahead of KimuTaku's CHANGE. (The last episode airs tonight.)

Related personnel commented that "nobody had thought that Last Friends would be able to rake in higher viewer's ratings than KimuTaku's CHANGE. Although the 19th (of June) was meant to be the last episode, we suddenly had a phone call asking us to add on a special episode/version of Last Friends, in the way that KimuTaku's HERO was made into a movie."

Apparently plans for the movie are already underway. Following in the steps of "Journey to the West" and "HERO", it's been said that the transition from the small-screen to the big-screen has rarely seen failure.

http://myfirstgossipblog.blogspot.com/2 ... creen.html

--------------------------------

Can someone confirm this news? I'm confused now.... :scratch: Isn't the SP gonna air next week already? There's going to be both an SP and a MOVIE??

Salz

Post by Salz » Jun 20th, '08, 04:24

wow both Atsuhime and LF is Eita drama so im sooo happy both his drama doing well in rating^^

zimoonstar

Post by zimoonstar » Jun 20th, '08, 04:25

didn't HERO have a SP and a Movie? I hope LF will have the same... can't get enough of LF!! it's a depressing thought that LF will just end with 11eps...

we all know that we want MORE, right?

Salz

Post by Salz » Jun 20th, '08, 04:28

if they make the movie i hope they dun change the cast especially Ruka and Takeru....
but what story they going to put in the movie????
or they going to make movie completely different from the drama and put whole new cast
such as Honey and clover movie and drama have different cast and not the continuation from the drama???...

hanapyupyu

Post by hanapyupyu » Jun 20th, '08, 04:35

Salz wrote:if they make the movie i hope they dun change the cast especially Ruka and Takeru....
but what story they going to put in the movie????
or they going to make movie completely different from the drama and put whole new cast
such as Honey and clover movie and drama have different cast and not the continuation from the drama???...
Noooo....if they change the cast for the movie, that would majorly suck! :cussing:

The main reason we watch Last Friends (well, for me anyway) is for the superb acting of the main cast. That's the magic formula and fujitv would be foolish to mess with that! :x

Kookie315

Post by Kookie315 » Jun 20th, '08, 04:45

If they make a movie of it, I doubt it would be a continuation. But let's hope the special next week is, at least. :)

Kookie315

Post by Kookie315 » Jun 20th, '08, 04:48

So just finished it and...
Eita with the baby was the cutest thing. "I'm Papa!" and the last scene on the beach where they were all leaning on each other was beautiful. I really hope the special is about them living in the sharehouse with the baby and more cute moments happen!

bmwracer

Post by bmwracer » Jun 20th, '08, 04:57

A movie?? :scratch:

Everything's been settled and concluded, what are they going to make a movie out of?

Sounds like a cheap money grab, nothing else. :x

Rori

Post by Rori » Jun 20th, '08, 05:01

Hmm, movie could be a continuation OR it could be the same story with a different cast - like movies such as Honey & Clover, Koizora, Taiyou no Uta, etc are.

Don't think it's really worth it for me if it's the latter since the cast of Last Friends is the thing that made the drama. Well, we'll just have to wait and see, too early to decide right now when it's just been announced.

hanapyupyu

Post by hanapyupyu » Jun 20th, '08, 05:06

Okay, over at Juri's thread, the talk about songs befitting her got me inspired again. :lol

Don't you guys think 'Wind Beneath My Wings' speaks of the strong bond between Ruka and Michiru? :-)

Wind Beneath My Wings

Oh, oh, oh, oh, oh.
It must have been cold there in my shadow,
to never have sunlight on your face.
You were content to let me shine, that's your way.
You always walked a step behind.

So I was the one with all the glory,
while you were the one with all the strength.
A beautiful face without a name for so long.
A beautiful smile to hide the pain.

Did you ever know that you're my hero,
and everything I would like to be?
I can fly higher than an eagle,
'cause you are the wind beneath my wings.

It might have appeared to go unnoticed,
but I've got it all here in my heart.
I want you to know I know the truth, of course I know it.
I would be nothing without you.

Did you ever know that you're my hero?
You're everything I wish I could be.
I could fly higher than an eagle,

Did I ever tell you you're my hero?
You're everything, everything I wish I could be.
Oh, and I, I could fly higher than an eagle,
'cause you are the wind beneath my wings,

Oh, the wind beneath my wings.
You, you, you, you are the wind beneath my wings.
Fly, fly, fly away. You let me fly so high.
Oh, you, you, you, the wind beneath my wings.
Oh, you, you, you, the wind beneath my wings.

Fly, fly, fly high against the sky,
so high I almost touch the sky.
Thank you, thank you,
thank God for you, the wind beneath my wings.

That's enough sap from me today, lol. Can't wait to watch the final episode! :mrgreen:

Salz

Post by Salz » Jun 20th, '08, 05:40

well i really hope the special is the continuation and they show how those 2papa and 1 mom try to raise little Rumi^^
that would be really cute story....
and also the life of EriOgurin after they got married^^

miyuki_chan

Post by miyuki_chan » Jun 20th, '08, 05:48

Well ~ It's ended and I'm sad to see it go ~~~

At least I have one more episode to look forward to. Wonder what kind of story it will be about.

Anyways ~~ It's being called: [もうひとつのラストフレンズ]

Can be someone translated as "One More Last Friends/Another Last Friends"

avieamber
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by avieamber » Jun 20th, '08, 06:07

i agree that the drama has somehow sorta concluded in the finale itself...so i don't know how they can make a movie (continuation) out of it with the same casts...i can imagine them having the baby around and raising it though in the sharehouse lol...

But if it's a different cast, i don't think i'd be interested to watch it. Without Eita and Juri, it won't be as sweet and great. :glare:

rulan

Post by rulan » Jun 20th, '08, 06:20

hanapyupyu wrote:
marienella_m wrote:
fayenatic wrote:anyone know what the final ratings were??
22.8% 22:00-23:09 CX* 木曜劇場・ラスト・フレンズ(終)
22.8% ~Yatta!!! They did it again! Last week they not only beat Change but also Gokusen 3, second only to Atsuhime. Sugoii! 8) Congrats to all Last Friends cast and crew!! :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:

I haven't watched the last ep yet, but it seems like a good episode! haha!

Here's some news....
wow awesome. congrats to the cast of last friends. everyone did a great job. for a show that nobody expected it to become so popular is a great turning point for the entertainment industry. maybe they'll make more series like this and more breakthroughs will be made. ah i can only wish.

kooriyuki16

Post by kooriyuki16 » Jun 20th, '08, 07:13

遂に最終回を迎えた木曜劇場『ラスト・フレンズ』。
次週6月26日(木)22:00~23:24は、
『ラスト・フレンズ アンコール特別編』をお送りします。

『ラスト・フレンズ』の衝撃シーン&名シーンに
本編には登場しなかった
その後の美知留たちのエピソードを追加した
ファン必見のスペシャルバージョンです!

ご期待ください!!
I think the special will be kinda of a continuation of ep11.

been trolling this forum for a few weeks because somehow i couldn't register >.<

thanx for all the spoilers and thoughts everyone contributed so far! it made viewing of LF more interesting ^^

wintergal

Post by wintergal » Jun 20th, '08, 07:27

It's awesome that the last episode got 22.8%!! XD YAY!! :D

I'm also wondering what's the SP gonna be~ It'll be nice to see 3 of them raising Rumi~ <3

And about the movie, I'd prefer to have the same casts for it. Without all of them esp. Juri and Eita, I feel that there's something missing since they've given such great performances!

Kookie315

Post by Kookie315 » Jun 20th, '08, 08:26

True, and if you watch anything else Juri and Eita have done... they're just awesome. Replace Juri with anyone and I doubt Nodame would have been as good.

avieamber
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by avieamber » Jun 20th, '08, 09:36

Kookie315 wrote:True, and if you watch anything else Juri and Eita have done... they're just awesome. Replace Juri with anyone and I doubt Nodame would have been as good.
kinda out of topic but yes, Nodame Cantabile won't be as great if someone else plays Nodame. Until now, there's no actress i can think of that can pull off the character as natural as her.

same goes with Last Friends and the movie.

*Okashi*

Post by *Okashi* » Jun 20th, '08, 11:44

One more thing I forgot to mention in my earlier post:
Was Michiru actually thinking of killing herself by jumping into the water? I mean - come on, how ridiculous can you get?
I didn't really like the character Michiru nor Masami's acting. She has like three different facial expressions and that's it. I really got sick of looking at her face sometimes. :crazy:
Luckily, Ueno and Eita made up for Masami's lack of acting skills.

Oh and baby Rumi was sooo cute. I wanted to hug her, too! :wub:

Rori

Post by Rori » Jun 20th, '08, 12:01

I really didn't see anything wrong with Masami's acting. It was great. And that's coming from someone who hated her before watching Last Friends. Dragon Zakura and ProDai - I didn't like her. I didn't like either of her characters in those dramas. Both annoyed the f*** out of me. (excuse my french) So whenever I though of Masami, I would have this really annoyed feeling. But she really won me over in Last Friends. Yeah, how can I not be annoyed by a woman who allows herself to be thrown around by her boyfriend and never learned? Well, Michiru was tiring to watch most of the time, I admit, but she had a cute, honest and cheerful (most of the time, despite her problems) side to her and that made her character for me.

And last but not least, I certainly didn't think she was below Juri or Eita in the acting department either.

sarah117

Post by sarah117 » Jun 20th, '08, 13:02

just watched the last episode, and i'm very satisfied for the ending.. just wanna thanks all who have been contributing to this excellent drama - the casting, screenwriter, etc.. and also to the torrent uploaders, subbers, those who continuingly cheering me in this thread.. what a GREAT drama it was!!! :salut: :salut:

Ladymercury

Post by Ladymercury » Jun 20th, '08, 14:55

*Okashi* wrote:One more thing I forgot to mention in my earlier post:
Was Michiru actually thinking of killing herself by jumping into the water? I mean - come on, how ridiculous can you get?
I didn't really like the character Michiru nor Masami's acting. She has like three different facial expressions and that's it. I really got sick of looking at her face sometimes. :crazy:

Umm....
She was raped, beaten, and lost those around her who loved her and who she had loved. She even said it herself, she did not feel anything but loneliness. It was only finding out that she was pregnant that gave her the will to keep going because she was not alone anymore.

I would have preferred her to live off on her own with her kid but then again I wanted a cruel emo ending from the get go. >_>

sleepyzzz

Post by sleepyzzz » Jun 20th, '08, 14:59

Just finished watching episode 11!!! I LOVED it! Though the whole atmosphere of this episode is very different from the "let's keep the audience on the edge of their seats" previous episodes - I enjoyed this one very much!!!
Must admit it was a little too sweet at times compared to prior episodes but I am a fan of happy endings!! Ruka & Takeru on the beach was a wonderful scene but my favourite must be the shot on the beach with all three of them leaning on each other, sitting together on the log!!! :wub: SOOOOOO SWEET!! Can't wait for the SP!

THe only thing I felt missing was a deep embrace between Michiru and Ruka -throw that in and it would have been perfect! Oh & the baby was so damn cute!! RUMI!!!! HOHOHOHO! :D
Great work LF TEAM!!!! Now what are WE going to do??? THere's only the SP left!!!??? :-(

royuki

Post by royuki » Jun 20th, '08, 15:11

I just saw the last episode and everybody already said what I wanted to said, but I'll just concur anyway. I loved this show! It was too bad I was watching it alone. At those sweet moments I really wanted to reach out and hug somebody and yell 'squee! so cute!' Sadly I only had my dog. Poor boy.

Anyway, I'm torn between Takeru and Ruka. I really love them both and I can't choose. It's so good that they are so close to each other that I kind of don't have to. Maybe that is what Michiru feels too? Three people may be kind of imbalanced, but since they understand and accept each other and love each other so much that it works out anyway.
Poor Rumi though, I wonder how she is going to be able to work out her parents relationships as she grows up and relate to the greater world. Lol.

I'm glad to hear about the movie and the sp. Whatever they give us is good, so long as it prolongs the final ending of Last Friends!

kooriyuki16

Post by kooriyuki16 » Jun 20th, '08, 17:11

royuki wrote:

Anyway, I'm torn between Takeru and Ruka. I really love them both and I can't choose. It's so good that they are so close to each other that I kind of don't have to. Maybe that is what Michiru feels too? Three people may be kind of imbalanced, but since they understand and accept each other and love each other so much that it works out anyway.
Poor Rumi though, I wonder how she is going to be able to work out her parents relationships as she grows up and relate to the greater world. Lol.
imagine Rumi growing up and one day knew she was the product of violence :crazy: poor kid.

lulurz

Post by lulurz » Jun 20th, '08, 18:42

ok ... I'm in the process of watching EPI 11.... ( i have to let this out because I'm incredibly going "???" aTm.. jbut i might be the only one with these thoughts....

I saved 10 and 11 to watch 2gether... up to epi 9 i liked this drama... each epis were pretty good ... the plot @ the beg is intriguing because of the shocking DV stuff... but then as it went on being bland... .. i was more surprised by the sparks + chemistry that juri x eita had.. they really made this good and kept me going ....

but ... really.. epi 10
i can't help but say it was really lame ...

-the confession overheard by michiru was so BORING...
- the rape was ...so forced... (but I guess they needed a way so that Sosuke's sperm can make Michiru preggers haha)
-. only good part was ERI's good acting when scolding lame lines to Sosuke (but WHY was he there ANYWAYS? ???... ok i dismissed that)

but I still hoped it would get better..
-the lookin @ pictures and crying scene... sosuke realizing that Michiru is really happier w/out him NOW?!??!!(why the sudden clear of mind ~ lolz wasn't it APPARENT already from b4?? why does he know NOW.. lolz... ) that scene is not bad but nishikido isnt convincing enuf ~ i dun really feel the pain.. it's OK since i didn;t expect much from him anyways... .)

-Sosuke's death
--> it's really V_V":"""" . im disappointed... the ending is so LAME and RUSHED and OUTTA PLACE .. ok FINE.. i guess committing suicide is COMMON thing that ppl would do /think sosuke would do.. but .. honestly.. can't they think of something BETTER than sosuke just DIE LIKE THAT?

(like errr... how is SUICIDE a GOOD WAY TO END the prob lolz... it's telling ppl that... when u can't solve the prob GO KILL YOURSELF... that's the WORSE manz !!!"
-nagasawa's forced "acting". doesn't help either.. {....}

but manz... her getting pregnant thing is really -___-""" .. i think they ran outta ideas.. and tried to rush things adding too much OLD-FASHIONED DRAMA~

sometimes just simple non dramatic stuff are better...
. i can just say the scene where ERI and RUKA talk after the competition was WAY MORE TOUCHING because of the good PERFORMANCES ... i was touched there...

i'm just wondering that.. if I am the only one or... do u guys realize the script writer is like not making any effort? (and perhaps she's incompetent ) the plot got weaker as it progressed... but it's just that the actors' chemistry + OST did a really good job..they are the ones who created the mood and enriched the poor raw material ..

(all it did was always repeating the same old happenings throughout.. it's" crazy sosuke and crazy sokuke getting worse" ?? and actually when I think of it.. the dialogsarequitelame.:X... usually it's the music n actors' expression who created a good scene )... I don't know if I am the only one who thinks this but there are quite a lot of flaws in this script (many unanswered questions, and incoherent parts...)

. looks like the writer had good ideas @ the beg but didn't know how to continue and end ... LOLZ....shouldn't have had been over-ambitious! (and should be GLAD that the actors weren't ALL like nagasawa )

they better find KEEP THE GOOD ACTORS, make a better storyline and scriptwriter for the MOVIE/SEQUEL.. ~
~

no offense but all above was my 2cents

I will come back after I finish 11 l~~

^Yuuki

Post by ^Yuuki » Jun 20th, '08, 20:19

Now I know why they had the previous episode be the final chapter and episode 11 as the epilogue/last story. The feeling was totally different wasn't it? I'll just talk about the important part first...
Asano Taeko interview wrote: ---Currently, the conclusion that the whole of Japan is anticipating for, even a little, can you share some with us? (laugh)

Among the first mysteries presented by this drama was "Michiru's baby's father" and "Who's going to die" right? Well, I can give a little hint. Compared to what everyone imagine will happen, it should be quite a happy ending I guess...

---You mean something like Ruka and Michiru end up raising the child together? (laugh)

Nee~. I wonder what will happen~ (laugh)
Amen~ We even get Takeru as a free gift. For Last Friends standard, if that ending isn't a happy ending, I don't know what happy is. I really wouldn't have imagined the three(okay, four) of them really would end up together like what a lot of us hoped earlier. You know, the Sailormoon kinda family with two mama and a papa. In this case, there are 2 papas, lol. I love what Michiru said about them being family, friends, spouse and lover all at the same time. With all the hardship they've put the characters(and us) through, I think they earned it so I'm contented with how it ended. They are bounded by cute little RuMi(the perfect name for the baby and also this threesome). Like Michiru said, "Ru comes from Ruka's 'ru', Mi comes from Michiru's 'mi'. Takeru's 'ru' is in it too." Nice~ But...they'll really need to work out the 'details' of this ambiguous relationship sooner or later eh? It's pretty much established from the great TakeRuka beach scene that their relationship would be something like an old married couple. Not seeing each other as a man or woman anymore, just friends that would be by each other's side forever. So, I think Takeru would make a great gentle dad and keep Rumi busy while Michiru mama and Ruka papa have their alone time to work things out and etcetra...(can we have it in the SP or movie please? lol).
I'll probably comment more about the other parts of the episode later. For now, about the SP, from the Mezamashi news and pics in Juri's site and the fact they only ended the shooting a few days ago means that the SP would have fresh scenes and not just recycled flashbacks or horror of horrors, a documentary. But I kinda doubt they have time to really get a 1.5 hour show out within such a short time...The title, [もうひとつのラストフレンズ], is also what the manga version is called so would it be from Ruka's point of view like the manga? Or just a 'memories' kinda thing like how the Last Friends: Another site seem to be? I'm just happy that we get an SP episode. It's hard to let go after these roller coster 3 months~ >_<

But I'm glad that the ratings are that high~! In fact, it's higher than the finale of Nodame! Kinda hard to believe it started off with 13.9% eh? It's probably the only drama this season with and huge increasing trend. About the movie news, I certainly hope it has the same casts and is something like a continuation. Else, it'll not only suck, but how are they gonna portray everything in a 2 hour movie? Oh and it better have the same staff and writer too. No use having good actors if the script can't touch our hearts like how it has. I think the awesome character interactions certainly more than make up for the seemingly fragmented plotlines and a couple of cheap thriller moments in the last episode.

hanapyupyu: Nice song~ I think the writer has a song in mind particularly for Ruka(from part 8 of the interview at TokyoWrestling). True Colours~

And I'll see your true colors shining through
I see your true colors and that's why I love you
so don't be afraid to let them show  your true colors
true colors are beautiful like a rainbow~

[19/6,7.30am] Mezamashi LF finale+wrap up news+interview:
Download here(100MB)(click on the 2nd red link in the middle green bar)

^Yuuki

Post by ^Yuuki » Jun 20th, '08, 20:27

Oops~ Forgot to post something important...Gyah! Juri was totally hot in ep11 with that hair cut and suit~!! :wub:

And here's some new scans courtesy of Maggie once again:

Spring 26/6~

zimoonstar

Post by zimoonstar » Jun 20th, '08, 20:59

thanks yuuki and maggie!

Jurippe can really look very feminine (magazine cover) and in a blink of an eye, can transform herself into Ruka's character. She really is a great actress ne.

^Yuuki

Post by ^Yuuki » Jun 20th, '08, 21:45

Summary for SP episode has been posted up on the official site:
遂に最終回を迎えた木曜劇場『ラスト・フレンズ』。
次週6月26日(木)22:00~23:24は、
『ラスト・フレンズ アンコール特別編』をお送りします。

『ラスト・フレンズ』の衝撃シーン&名シーンに
本編には登場しなかった
その後の美知留たちのエピソードを追加した
ファン必見のスペシャルバージョンです!

ご期待ください!!
So, if I interpret correctly, they will be showing scenes never seen before plus an actual episode about Michiru and the others after ep11.

Rori

Post by Rori » Jun 20th, '08, 22:00

^ Yes! /relief xD

Sounds like something to look forward to. Thanks for posting it up.

ailahai

Post by ailahai » Jun 20th, '08, 22:26

The movie... that is a good news... maybe they still keep the remain casts and add more casts with more psycologist prob. if renew the story, hope there have special cameo LF's casts dorama version.

hope soon we wil heard another good news for LF - best actess for Ueno Juri and best theme song.

*Okashi*

Post by *Okashi* » Jun 20th, '08, 23:59

Ladymercury wrote:
*Okashi* wrote:One more thing I forgot to mention in my earlier post:

Umm....
She was raped, beaten, and lost those around her who loved her and who she had loved. She even said it herself, she did not feel anything but loneliness. It was only finding out that she was pregnant that gave her the will to keep going because she was not alone anymore.

I would have preferred her to live off on her own with her kid but then again I wanted a cruel emo ending from the get go. >_>
Uuuhm... I guess there was a misunderstanding.
I don't think the thought of killing herself is ridiculous, after all she's been through, but the way she wanted to do it. If she had been standing on the edge of a cliff or something it would have been different, but this... oh well. :scratch:

Nomanymore

Post by Nomanymore » Jun 21st, '08, 04:06

lulurz wrote:ok ... I'm in the process of watching EPI 11.... ( i have to let this out because I'm incredibly going "???" aTm.. jbut i might be the only one with these thoughts....

I saved 10 and 11 to watch 2gether... up to epi 9 i liked this drama... each epis were pretty good ... the plot @ the beg is intriguing because of the shocking DV stuff... but then as it went on being bland... .. i was more surprised by the sparks + chemistry that juri x eita had.. they really made this good and kept me going ....

but ... really.. epi 10

- the rape was ...so forced... (but I guess they needed a way so that Sosuke's sperm can make Michiru preggers haha)
-. only good part was ERI's good acting when scolding lame lines to Sosuke (but WHY was he there ANYWAYS? ???... ok i dismissed that)

-the lookin @ pictures and crying scene... sosuke realizing that Michiru is really happier w/out him NOW?!??!!(why the sudden clear of mind ~ lolz wasn't it APPARENT already from b4?? why does he know NOW.. lolz... ) that scene is not bad but nishikido isnt convincing enuf ~ i dun really feel the pain.. it's OK since i didn;t expect much from him anyways... .)

-Sosuke's death
--> it's really V_V":"""" . im disappointed... the ending is so LAME and RUSHED and OUTTA PLACE .. ok FINE.. i guess committing suicide is COMMON thing that ppl would do /think sosuke would do.. but .. honestly.. can't they think of something BETTER than sosuke just DIE LIKE THAT?

(like errr... how is SUICIDE a GOOD WAY TO END the prob lolz... it's telling ppl that... when u can't solve the prob GO KILL YOURSELF... that's the WORSE manz !!!"

but manz... her getting pregnant thing is really -___-""" .. i think they ran outta ideas.. and tried to rush things adding too much OLD-FASHIONED DRAMA~

. i can just say the scene where ERI and RUKA talk after the competition was WAY MORE TOUCHING because of the good PERFORMANCES ... i was touched there...

i'm just wondering that.. if I am the only one or... do u guys realize the script writer is like not making any effort? (and perhaps she's incompetent ) the plot got weaker as it progressed... but it's just that the actors' chemistry + OST did a really good job..they are the ones who created the mood and enriched the poor raw material ..

(all it did was always repeating the same old happenings throughout.. it's" crazy sosuke and crazy sokuke getting worse" ?? and actually when I think of it.. the dialogsarequitelame.:X... usually it's the music n actors' expression who created a good scene )... I don't know if I am the only one who thinks this but there are quite a lot of flaws in this script (many unanswered questions, and incoherent parts...)

. looks like the writer had good ideas @ the beg but didn't know how to continue and end ... LOLZ....shouldn't have had been over-ambitious! (and should be GLAD that the actors weren't ALL like nagasawa )

they better find KEEP THE GOOD ACTORS, make a better storyline and scriptwriter for the MOVIE/SEQUEL.. ~
~

FINALLY!! man.. someone has put in words most of my thinkings about this drama.. :blink
I believe the main factors that made this series are the chemistry between Eita&Juri, and their actings + Asami's.. If they were not in the cast, I don't think I can make it till eps 5-6. The characters are poorly developped, or should I say unbalanced? They make me wonder till the last minute what exactly one's problem is, ok, it's only 11 eps, then if they could spare some "sousuke beats michiru" moments for other charaters; I think the drama'll have much more depth.. Because after finishing the drama, i just felt anti climax, ... no ,really, why on earth they make all that show with the DV to just make him kill himself in the end? i can't believe that they're actually trying to make the viewers feel sympathy for the DV at the last minutes.. after what he'd done, bunch of people got hurt, lives go upside down,& the doer just "ran away" like that?!! and thinking of what'd happen in real life to the real victim of the DVs who would never think of suicide no matter how crazy they are.. :glare:
Btw, there's one thing I keep wondering, why did noone ever report the DV's doing to police? well, some say it's a private issue, police can't do anything, but when Takeru is attacked, he could very well report it; O_o I find it hilarious how nobody in the share house actually did try to do something about the DV.. they just... ignored him? :blink &so he just continues to stalk& ruin their lives.. tsk
Beside, I must say the OSt helps alot too, so kudos to all the author & musicians& of course Utada san ^^
It's just my opinion, don't bash over me pliz :whistling:

bmwracer

Post by bmwracer » Jun 21st, '08, 04:47

Nomanymore wrote:
lulurz wrote:ok ... I'm in the process of watching EPI 11.... ( i have to let this out because I'm incredibly going "???" aTm.. jbut i might be the only one with these thoughts....

but ... really.. epi 10

-Sosuke's death

~

FINALLY!! man.. someone has put in words most of my thinkings about this drama.. :blink
I believe the main factors that made this series are the chemistry between Eita&Juri, and their actings + Asami's.. If they were not in the cast, I don't think I can make it till eps 5-6. The characters are poorly developped, or should I say unbalanced? They make me wonder till the last minute what exactly one's problem is, ok, it's only 11 eps, then if they could spare some "sousuke beats michiru" moments for other charaters; I think the drama'll have much more depth.. Because after finishing the drama, i just felt anti climax, ... no ,really, why on earth they make all that show with the DV to just make him kill himself in the end? i can't believe that they're actually trying to make the viewers feel sympathy for the DV at the last minutes.. after what he'd done, bunch of people got hurt, lives go upside down,& the doer just "ran away" like that?!! and thinking of what'd happen in real life to the real victim of the DVs who would never think of suicide no matter how crazy they are.. :glare:
Btw, there's one thing I keep wondering, why did noone ever report the DV's doing to police? well, some say it's a private issue, police can't do anything, but when Takeru is attacked, he could very well report it; O_o I find it hilarious how nobody in the share house actually did try to do something about the DV.. they just... ignored him? :blink &so he just continues to stalk& ruin their lives.. tsk
Beside, I must say the OSt helps alot too, so kudos to all the author & musicians& of course Utada san ^^
It's just my opinion, don't bash over me pliz :whistling:
No bashing from me... I'm pretty much in agreement: I've pretty much been saying this throughout the course of this drama... :sweat:

^Yuuki

Post by ^Yuuki » Jun 21st, '08, 07:27

You guys have probably listed down all the flaws that the drama has, but for me, it's still way better than most of the dramas out there. Look at it in an optimistic way. Despite being probably a little too ambitious in trying to deal with so many sensitive/taboo issues in one drama, the fact that they tried to do what something that has not been done before is worth a pat in the back. Some issues have been successfully developed while some might not get enough screentime. No matter if the end is satisfactory or not, I believe that most of the message and good intention still manage to get through to the viewers. People that are normally ignorant are now more aware of stuff happening around them and most importantly, it has opened hearts and probably doors for other dramas to follow suit. So, I'd say the drama has successfully brought to us more than just entertainment and whatever flaws the execution has, the great acting, character interactions and script(well, the more brilliant moments) more than made up for it. On a whole, I thought it was awesome.

It doesn't matter what your gender or orientation is, or who you fall in love with or not able to love, life still has to continue and humans living together in such a world, have to learn to understand and care for each other. With love in heart, live on strongly together despite what the world throws in your way. I think this message have come across very clearly throughout the course of this drama for me and that in itself, deserve a compliment. It might sound sappy but I don't think anyone would disagree right? I can only imagine the impact it has on people actually having those issues. It provides hope.

It was an awesome 4 months and I've gained a lot through and from this drama. So, thank you, Last Friends. And thank you everyone for bearing with my rants and providing interesting discussions. ^^ (Sorry that I couldn't say it better, anyone else wanna provide more positivity to balance out the negativity building up...?)

P/S: What's this heaviness in my heart? I couldn't even sleep properly last night...T_T
Last edited by ^Yuuki on Jun 21st, '08, 07:38, edited 3 times in total.

xvannie

Post by xvannie » Jun 21st, '08, 07:31

so i heard theres gonna be a special for this drama :D

Salz

Post by Salz » Jun 21st, '08, 07:37

yeah despite all the many flaws of the drama i still enjoy it a lot....
eventhough the script is weak but the character chemistry and the actors excellent acting make the drama worth it especially every second of TakeruRuka scene never disappoint me^^

actually EitaJuri is the one that make me survive watching this drama until the end<33333
Asami also very good^^
Masami and Ryo could have done better but nonetheless i still luv this drama overall especially the last ep with every TakeRuka sweet scenes^^
but i do think the last ep could have been better^^"

hope the SP is also good and not just recap....

^Yuuki

Post by ^Yuuki » Jun 21st, '08, 08:04

Alternate ending~
As much as I like Takeru, this one is good as well. Kinda disappointing that Michiru and Ruka didn't get to talk properly at the end(with 2 hospital visits in a day...). I think there's still a lot unresolved between these 2. Ruka's feelings, her issues and what Michiru thinks(after 9 months of sabbatical hide away). Takeru and Ruka had plenty of heart-to-heart talk. But where's the resolution for these two? They've practically been portrayed as the main 'pairing' from the start...

Hopefully it'll get addressed in the SP...else I'll just learn to be happy with what I get. Not hard when you watch this scene:
What Ruka said was so great. I think the baby would have a weird but happy family(a spin-off about this would be interesting). =)

Michiru staring at Ruka the whole time. "Ah, this is what feeling loved is like." Issue solved. =3
Asano Taeko wrote:But this story, towards the end, we see a Michiru that understands everything, and I think the story that follows would be what's next for them. That's why even though it won't be a totally happy kind of ending, "Oh, so there's this type of ending as well", is what I want people to feel when they watch it.

Salz

Post by Salz » Jun 21st, '08, 08:27

well i like this one much much more :lol

as the story goes on i dun really care anymore bout Michiru....this drama already so much about her so im happy there is more TakeRuka at the end.....but im happy we got our happy threesome so both shippers should be happy already :cheers:
there still SP to wait for maybe there is heart to heart talk with RukaMichi as u want :-)

avieamber
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by avieamber » Jun 21st, '08, 08:28

First of all, i really enjoyed the drama, it's the only one that grabs my attention this much and gets me to think hard and wonder about human relationships. Life isn't simple like what they pointed out in the series. There are many kinds of people in the world but we still need to live on despite the harsh realities like DV and the other issues mentioned.

And i have to say, although this drama has its flaws and parts where it could've been much better i still learn a lot especially from the TakeRuka bonding. I like the way they portray their friendship, closer than being friends actually, and like someone mentioned, beyond love between couples. seeing how comfortable they are, how at ease they are being together, just talking anything, revealing deep secrets for example, makes me kinda jealous coz i'd really want to have someone like that too. :wub: As for Ruka, i think it shows very well in this drama that it's okay being who you are deep inside and everyone has the right to be comfortable with himself/herself no matter what gender they are. I think it teaches people to somehow be more open minded and respect those who have GID issues or etc...and not see or treat them differently. They're also human like everyone else, trying to live a happy life.

As for Michiru and Sousuke's DV case, i admit that i think it's pretty repetitive in the first few episodes and i can't help but hate Michiru a lot for her indecisiveness in handling this. I've never experienced DV before and i'm not from a broken family like her, so i probably won't understand her feelings throughout the situation. And maybe bcoz of that i'd never really understand why some victims of DV won't stand up for themselves and keep on clinging to those who abuse them. But for those who have these kinds of experiences they might be able to relate and this drama teaches us to be brave no matter how weak we are and last but not least, FRIENDSHIP is something we should all treasure. I love all the scenes in the sharehouse and how well they get along with each other. It makes me appreciate my friends more now. :lol

Overall, this is still one drama i'd recommend my friends and everyone to watch. It gives us something to ponder about and i've never given this much thought about a series ever since * 1 litre of tears*. Finally, i'd also take this opportunity to thank all the casts, production team, staffs of LF. Also thanks a lot to the subbing teams and people who have contributed spoilers (LOL) and the extra/exclusive news for LF. Great job everyone! :thumright:

rulan

Post by rulan » Jun 21st, '08, 08:33

^Yuuki wrote:Alternate ending~
As much as I like Takeru, this one is good as well. Kinda disappointing that Michiru and Ruka didn't get to talk properly at the end(with 2 hospital visits in a day...). I think there's still a lot unresolved between these 2. Ruka's feelings, her issues and what Michiru thinks(after 9 months of sabbatical hide away). Takeru and Ruka had plenty of heart-to-heart talk. But where's the resolution for these two? They've practically been portrayed as the main 'pairing' from the start...

Hopefully it'll get addressed in the SP...else I'll just learn to be happy with what I get. Not hard when you watch this scene:
What Ruka said was so great. I think the baby would have a weird but happy family(a spin-off about this would be interesting). =)

Michiru staring at Ruka the whole time. "Ah, this is what feeling loved is like." Issue solved. =3
Asano Taeko wrote:But this story, towards the end, we see a Michiru that understands everything, and I think the story that follows would be what's next for them. That's why even though it won't be a totally happy kind of ending, "Oh, so there's this type of ending as well", is what I want people to feel when they watch it.
aww the way that michiru looked at the baby holding ruka was sooo sweet. they should have froze that moment and end it there. as much as i love takeru too having him there just seems to get in the way of their resolution. somehow every time ruka and michiru has a heart to heart talk we sudden have takeru jump in like the scene at michiru's house and at the hospital. i guess what i really wanted was a takeru and michiru leaning on ruka's shoulder on the log scene but that didn't happened.
the only thing i don't get is takeru's past. so the reason he fears women is because his step sister was making him choose sides? the heck is that? i mean we were all led to believe that he was sexually abuse/molested by his sister and that was why he hated her so much. iono it was just kinda weird for me.
[/spoiler]
Last edited by rulan on Jun 21st, '08, 09:50, edited 1 time in total.

avieamber
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by avieamber » Jun 21st, '08, 08:40

Argh...i havent watched the FINALE!!! and i clicked on the spoiler and i go " OMG...THAT"S SO SWEET!!!!!!!" I shouldn't have clicked to see the pictures omg... :w00t:

:wub:

I need soft subs now...i'm just waiting for it to watch the finale at one go. [/spoiler]

Rori

Post by Rori » Jun 21st, '08, 09:01

rulan wrote:
the only thing i don't get is takeru's past. so the reason he fears women is because his step sister was making him choose sides? the heck is that? i mean we were all led to believe that he was sexually abuse/molested by his sister and that was why he hated her so much. iono it was just kinda weird for me.
He was sexually abused by his sister.

In the latest episode, if I remember the conversation right that Takeru and Ruka had, his sister felt pressured by his dad, and she wanted someone that was on her side. Or something like that. Someone that would never betray her, and Takeru went on to say 'She did that to me' and Ruka interrupted by saying 'You don't have to say it' If I remember the translation right, he was about to tell Ruka that his sister sexually abused him, but Ruka cut in. Could be wrong, but I'm pretty certain of it.
Last edited by Rori on Jun 21st, '08, 10:11, edited 1 time in total.

^Yuuki

Post by ^Yuuki » Jun 21st, '08, 09:46

200th post in this thread since ep1~ [8.70% of the topic] =3

@rulan:
Eheh, I was hoping that Ruka was in the middle too. Or Takeru getting up so that Michiru can lean on Ruka. Taking turns. Lol. And yeah, Takeru's presence does seem like a third wheel to me in the final few scenes. At least they've practically talked it out about their relationship so TakeRuka can have the 'spouse' part of the threesome. While MichiRuka can have the 'lover' part. And all four of them@RuMi can share the 'friendship' and 'family' parts~ Haha, talk about a perfect arrangement.
@avieamber: Uiks, you haven't? Then I'm not sorry for spoiling you... =3 The finale has a few gems in between the surrealness. I'm waiting for the subs too so that I can read and cry instead of hear and cry. Haha. :mrgreen:

As for Takeru's issue in the final episode,
Eita's performance barely saved it. The reasoning and the whole story behind it was a little..."Ehhh~". I have mixed feeling on it. On one side, I appreciate that they don't shove it into our faces like how they did for the DV. It was subtly handled. On the other hand, probably a little too subtle...they haven't really shown any resolution to it have they? And with the stalker-ish sister too. But I guess why and how it happened isn't as important as what's next. Eita's performance already let us know how much it has impacted Takeru's life. I think how he finally shared the one thing he's kept in his heart for so long with Ruka is the important step. He can finally start to move on with this new family.
Last edited by ^Yuuki on Jun 21st, '08, 10:13, edited 1 time in total.

rulan

Post by rulan » Jun 21st, '08, 09:55

Rori wrote:
quote="rulan"]

He was sexually abused by his sister.

In the latest episode, if I remember the conversation right that Takeru and Ruka had, his sister felt pressured by his dad, and she wanted someone that was on her side. Or something like that. Someone that would never betray her, and Takeru went on to say 'She did that to me' and Ruka interrupted by saying 'You don't have to say it' If I remember the translation right, he was about to tell Ruka that his sister sexually abused him, but Ruka cut in. Could be wrong, but I'm pretty certain of it.
[/quote]

i completely forgot that some people haven't seen ep 11 yet so i had to go back and put spoilers on them. anyway.
i only read the translation from the website provided so my parts can be a bit off or incorrect. i mean if that's the case then it would make more sense cause fearing someone and hating soo much would qualify for a very tramatic experience. i'll wait till i watch the actual subs to make further comments.
Last edited by rulan on Jun 21st, '08, 10:14, edited 2 times in total.

^Yuuki

Post by ^Yuuki » Jun 21st, '08, 10:05

The stuff you two quoted are still there for all to see though...^^;

Anyway, I thought his issue was pretty obvious...we just didn't understand why and how.

Rori

Post by Rori » Jun 21st, '08, 10:10

I got it from the translations too, mind you.

Tagged now~

rulan

Post by rulan » Jun 21st, '08, 10:16

^Yuuki wrote:The stuff you two quoted are still there for all to see though...^^;

Anyway, I thought his issue was pretty obvious...we just didn't understand why and how.
hehe you're right. well i fixed mine but i can't fix what has been quoted by others. maybe rori can fix it.

so i re-read the translation:

I think my elder sister had a lot of stress accumulated.
"母親が おとなしい人で"
Our mother is a quiet person.
"父に何を言われても 盾つくなって 姉のことを抑えつけてた。"
Whatever my father said, she took side with him and pressed down on my sister.
"だから 姉は 俺を味方にしようとしたんだ。"
That's why my sister tried to make me to be on her side.
"絶対に裏切らない 小さな味方。"
A kid who will side with her and certainly won't betray her.
"つまり…。 姉は 俺をさ…。"
In other words...my sister...did that ...to me...
"言わなくていいよ。"
You don't have to say it.
"姉を裏切れないって 最初は 思った。"
At first, I thought that I would never betray my sister.

I guess when i read that i thought he was saying "my sister did that to me" as in she made him choose between his parents and her. which cause an inner conflict for him because he didn't want to betry her. hehe seriously i need to read between the lines or in this case the ... :blink yea when ruka stopped him he knew where he was headed. now it makes more sense.

Rori

Post by Rori » Jun 21st, '08, 11:31

rulan wrote:hehe you're right. well i fixed mine but i can't fix what has been quoted by others. maybe rori can fix it.
Already did, quite a while ago. :P

rulan wrote:

so i re-read the translation:

I think my elder sister had a lot of stress accumulated.
"母親が おとなしい人で"
Our mother is a quiet person.
"父に何を言われても 盾つくなって 姉のことを抑えつけてた。"
Whatever my father said, she took side with him and pressed down on my sister.
"だから 姉は 俺を味方にしようとしたんだ。"
That's why my sister tried to make me to be on her side.
"絶対に裏切らない 小さな味方。"
A kid who will side with her and certainly won't betray her.
"つまり…。 姉は 俺をさ…。"
In other words...my sister...did that ...to me...
"言わなくていいよ。"
You don't have to say it.
"姉を裏切れないって 最初は 思った。"
At first, I thought that I would never betray my sister.

I guess when i read that i thought he was saying "my sister did that to me" as in she made him choose between his parents and her. which cause an inner conflict for him because he didn't want to betry her. hehe seriously i need to read between the lines or in this case the ... :blink yea when ruka stopped him he knew where he was headed. now it makes more sense.
Yeah, I think if Ruka said something like 'you don't have to say it' it would mean something more than just having to chose between their parents or his sister.

But that's one really fucked up sister, though. :|

mittens

Post by mittens » Jun 21st, '08, 16:06

just starting the show.. currently at ep. 4 and I just started watching this like 4 hours ago and I cant stop. :w00t: I'm so into Ruka now.

honeyiceblend

Post by honeyiceblend » Jun 21st, '08, 16:08

I still didn't get what Takeru means. How's the betraying and 'afraid of women's body' got to be linked?

fifimimi

Post by fifimimi » Jun 21st, '08, 16:17

Salz wrote:well i like this one much much more :lol

as the story goes on i dun really care anymore bout Michiru....this drama already so much about her so im happy there is more TakeRuka at the end.....but im happy we got our happy threesome so both shippers should be happy already :cheers:
there still SP to wait for maybe there is heart to heart talk with RukaMichi as u want :-)

Could agree with you more!! This would be my perfect ending too!! TakeRuka..wakaka~!!

Yes, throughout the drama, I didn't like/care about Michiru more and more...her in decisiveness and unintentional ways of hurting Ruka and everyone at the share house got me so annoyed...how she was always everyone's attention and how she wasn't really putting anyone but Sousuke as her no.1 position in her heart...really got to me and at points I would have like to see Sousuke (accidently) kill her through all the beatings and then he will be imprisoned for life with the biggest regret and pain ever...or suicided!!
For me, TakeRuka made me love the drama....I'm glad the DV stuff died down after the first haf of the drama cos it got so repetitive it made me emotionless.

hanapyupyu

Post by hanapyupyu » Jun 21st, '08, 17:05

Gosh, those screencaps made me **squee**! :wub: :D

Wow, it's the ending we joked about but never thought they'd give us - a happy threesome? lol! kawaii... :D

The two heartstopping moments in this episode didn't work on me, and I feel a bit regret to have peeked at this thread as all the happy icons tell me that Ruka, Takeru and Michiru survived in one piece. If there was another death, the messages here would be like "WTF was that? how could they do that to ruka/michiru/takeru?!"....lol, so i watched the motorcycle-truck-almost-collision scene very calmly, and also Michiru giving birth. But I did laugh at Takeru calling out 'Ruka! Ruka!' when she fell over the road....it was cute how he was all concerned over her injuries while she just waves it off nonchalently at the hospital. That is so Ruka. LoL

Ogurin's 'declaration of love' for Eri (well, sorta) at the airport made me giggle for some reason too. It was sweet and cheesy, and a bit too fast. I think Eri deserves a better man than Ogurin though. It seems like she's just glad to be picked by someone...anyone who'd have her so she won't have to be alone again, rather than holding out for a guy who's right for her.

I adored all the TakeRuka scenes. aww. Ruka's eyes were shining brightly as she watched Takeru hold the baby in a fatherly way (she had never looked so interested in him before, lol). It's like she was looking at him through totally new eyes, and for the first time, she sees his manliness! :lol Takeru-kun, here's a tip for you to win Ruka's heart...play with Rumi in front of Ruka! :-D (it's like how guys would take their cute doggies out jogging to attract women, haha)

I wanted a private moment between Ruka and Michiru too. There's still alot of things that hasn't been cleared up or even addressed by the two. Michiru coming back to the sharehouse implies she has 'accepted' Ruka's love for her, but I'd really wanted to hear her telling Ruka what her feelings are now after the time apart from each other. It'd be subtler and more touching if Michiru had just rested her head and fallen asleep on Ruka's shoulder when they were sitting on the log at the beach, and the show can then end with the two of them cuddling there comfortably watching the sunset over the sea. (Takeru will be sitting on the log too, feeding the baby...LOL)
^Yuuki: yeah, Takeru's story with his sister was barely touched. It wasn't enough for me, but Eita made the best out of this brief scene. I adored the night scene between Takeru and Ruka.
Ruka moving closer towards him and putting a soothing hand on his shoulder was a nice touch (reminiscent of how Takeru comforted Ruka earlier on, so it's like they're coming full circle here). And for the first time, Ruka is reaching out to Takeru first in an intimate way (it shows the deep level of trust and understanding between the two and how far their relationship has progressed). :D
Two people able to share their deepest hurts, fears and 'handicaps', yet love each other as soulmates anyway. Yes, I agree with those who said their love is beyond the definition of man-woman love. (Though I wonder if there is a guy who is introduced in the SP that is interested in Ruka, how would Takeru react? :mrgreen:)

Rumi's name is too cute. aww....the combination of Ruka and Michiru (glad there's no sou_su_ke in her name, hahaha!)

All in all, I like the positive theme of this drama, even though the drama was mostly dark and angsty - that human beings are not meant to be alone, and with help and support from each other (friends and family) who accept us as we are, we can overcome our individual problems and hang-ups. There are some flaws in the execution of the story, but it was a brave attempt on the writers part to broach such topical issues like DV, GID and child-neglect/abuse, that are very real problems in our society today.
Last edited by hanapyupyu on Jun 21st, '08, 17:27, edited 1 time in total.

hanapyupyu

Post by hanapyupyu » Jun 21st, '08, 17:24

^Yuuki wrote:You guys have probably listed down all the flaws that the drama has, but for me, it's still way better than most of the dramas out there. Look at it in an optimistic way. Despite being probably a little too ambitious in trying to deal with so many sensitive/taboo issues in one drama, the fact that they tried to do what something that has not been done before is worth a pat in the back. Some issues have been successfully developed while some might not get enough screentime. No matter if the end is satisfactory or not, I believe that most of the message and good intention still manage to get through to the viewers. People that are normally ignorant are now more aware of stuff happening around them and most importantly, it has opened hearts and probably doors for other dramas to follow suit. So, I'd say the drama has successfully brought to us more than just entertainment and whatever flaws the execution has, the great acting, character interactions and script(well, the more brilliant moments) more than made up for it. On a whole, I thought it was awesome.
Well said and I feel the same way. As a plot driven drama, yes, there are some imbalances in how the storyline develops (not enough about Takeru, Eri, and too much emphasis on the graphic scenes of DV) and there seems to be little pay-off after the build-up of all the angst and suspense. The death felt rather anti-climatic, as others have mentioned, and the relationships between Ruka-Takeru-Michiru aren't really resolved. So those watching for the plot development might feel a bit short-changed.

However, if I look at it as a purely character driven drama, then this story succeeds in giving us very real and compelling characters that we grew to care very much about. Like the drama itself, the characters are flawed but they have lots of heart. Ruka, Michiru and to a lesser extent Takeru, went through their personal journeys persisting through pain, mistakes and self-doubt to reach a point where they could find peace within themselves to achieve maturity and personal growth. Even without the DV scenes, many of us stayed on to the very end to find out what happens to them - the ratings didn't fall, it went even higher (to my surprise). That tells us something, doesn't it?

This drama for me, is one of the best I've seen in a long while - and that includes chinese, japanese and korean dramas. Well done, and I hope it raises the bar for future dramas. :thumright:

rulan

Post by rulan » Jun 21st, '08, 17:49

hanapyupyu wrote: Even without the DV scenes, many of us stayed on to the very end to find out what happens to them - the ratings didn't fall, it went even higher (to my surprise). That tells us something, doesn't it?

This drama for me, is one of the best I've seen in a long while - and that includes chinese, japanese and korean dramas. Well done, and I hope it raises the bar for future dramas. :thumright:
yea i was surprised too. i thought that all those ryo fangirls/fanboys would stop watching after they find out that
sousake committed suicide
when the ep 11 came out there was barely any discussion on this forum so i was really worried for their ratings. thank god that it reached so high. i am sooo happy for them.

kishimoto-ruka119

Post by kishimoto-ruka119 » Jun 22nd, '08, 02:37

woot episode 11!
Takeru: Its papa here
lol

avieamber
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by avieamber » Jun 22nd, '08, 06:50

finally i watched it with subs

:D
first of all, does anyone here NOTICE a pretty obvious mistake in the beginning where they shot Sousuke's dead body around 1.21 mins. His chest is rising! *and it's so obvious* they should have edited that scene to make it LESS obvious haha ...i cant help bu felt funny :roll but his letter's contents are pretty sad, though.

Then, Eri and Ogurin's scenes are pretty much cramped in a short time frame.And it's as if they didn't give us much time to let the emotions to sink in and the next thing i know, I see the church and bells ringing. But i have to say, that was one happy moment for all of them and i smiled subconsciously throughout the wedding. Ruka in a suit is pretty cute haha...She looked like little KID! seriously, her hair. She looks so much younger with that hairstyle than the ones she had before.

Moving on to Ruka and Takeru searching for Michiru, I LOVE every moment. From the bike scenes on the road to eating dinner, and the seaside---> Although i don't quite get what Takeru's trying to explain about her sister/family issues (i suppose it's just pretty obvious what that evil sister did to him) And i love how Ruka told him gently and sincerely that he can make a girl happy and that she understands that the most. How thoughtful of her. And of course, the TENT scene. So sweet!

I also love how different Ruka talks to Michiru than when she talks to everybody else. Especially the part where she asked her to go back to Tokyo and telling her that she will be by her side always, her voice is so GENTLE!!! And then at the operation, she really strikes me like a daddy waiting anxiously for his wife :lol It's just SO CUTE!~

And i can't help but kinda laugh when Michiru's giving birth in the OR (there's one point where she looks like having severe constipation :blink ) But ah....the BABY is so cute and small! * i don't normally get attracted to babies that much but this one is an exception.Great job for hunting down such a lovely baby! And Ruka holding the baby so carefully. *notice how softly she speaks to the baby?*

And lastly the beach scene---> such an amazing ending scene. It was breathtaking seeing all three of them walking in a line and then Takeru holding the baby, with Ruka looking so sweetly at him. An almost perfect ending, definitely one of the best for me. this ending was something i kinda expected. And it's so rare to see such a complex relationship. I'm trying to imagine the baby growing up and calling Takeru and Ruka * papa* LOL

That said, i hope the SP gives us more on their life in the sharehouse. I want more LF!!! :wub:

hanapyupyu

Post by hanapyupyu » Jun 22nd, '08, 09:08

@ rulan: True dat....the final ratings indicate that Ryo's fangirls do not make up the majority of Last Friends viewers, at least I don't think so... I believe that this show attracts viewers from more mature age groups due to the serious issues involved while its young, capable cast make the show palatable to the younger viewers. It's not your typical idol drama where the main attraction are the pretty boys and silly gags. :roll

avieamber wrote:finally i watched it with subs

:D

And lastly the beach scene---> such an amazing ending scene. It was breathtaking seeing all three of them walking in a line and then Takeru holding the baby, with Ruka looking so sweetly at him. An almost perfect ending, definitely one of the best for me. this ending was something i kinda expected. And it's so rare to see such a complex relationship. I'm trying to imagine the baby growing up and calling Takeru and Ruka * papa* LOL

That said, i hope the SP gives us more on their life in the sharehouse. I want more LF!!! :wub:
Yes, the ending is SO Sailor Moon, don'cha think? Haruka, Michiru & Setsuna raising baby Hotaru --> Ruka, Michiru & Takeru raising baby Rumi. :lol :D :wub:
And I like Ruka's soft and gentle voice too when she speaks to Michiru. Gah, Juri is such an awesome actress, even her voice changes when she plays different characters. Ruka's tone of voice and manner of speaking is so different from Nodame, lol.

^Yuuki

Post by ^Yuuki » Jun 22nd, '08, 09:17

I think the ratings were supported by the marathon rescreening of LF they had for the past couple of weeks. Lucky them to not have to wait in agony each week like we did eh?

@avieamber
Nice to know that you like it~ I felt that it had a different feeling than the previous episodes. Almost as if it were a SP episode. And yeah, couldn't help but feel as if they rushed through the whole thing(it's like they cramped in 3 episodes in 1). My other comments about the ep:
The first scene I really loved was the Ruka and Eri scene after the press conference(it's nice to see Ruka shooting down all the reporters with her great speech). Again, wow, Juri-chan~ The break down and relieve was so real. Asami-chan is so great in this scene too, I believe her capabilities weren't fully explored in this drama.

Yeah, the TakeRuka scene were really nice. Kinda have a road trip feeling to it. The ending as well. Maybe all 3 of them could go start a rock band now~ Lol. The tent scene, it just looked like two guys/brothers sleeping together to me. But it still made me go 'aww~' with Ruka's arm draped over Takeru like that.

I still wanted Ruka and Michiru to have more screentime together though. The accident was a little unwarranted but them meeting up at the hospital kinda reminds me of when Ruka first met Michiru again. The whole bus thing and calling out to Michiru. And yup! I love the way Ruka talks with her specially reserved for Michiru voice~! Just when they were to talk things through.... I think after hearing that gentle voice, Rumi-chan can't wait to get out to meet her Ruka papa~ And I agree with how much Ruka seemed like a worried daddy/husband while waiting outside the operating room.

The way she looked at the baby kinda fearfully at first was amusing too. When she started holding and talking to the baby though, it melted my insides~ Gya~<3 I hope Michiru is kicking herself for being so blind all this while. Heh. Rumi is so cute~

The SP, it'll show Ruka's busy life with two wives and a baby. First wive, Michiru. Second wive, Takeru. Rumi: My favourite person in the whole world is Ruka-papa! Yep. What a nice ending~
hanapyupyu wrote:And I like Ruka's soft and gentle voice too when she speaks to Michiru. Gah, Juri is such an awesome actress, even her voice changes when she plays different characters. Ruka's tone of voice and manner of speaking is so different from Nodame, lol.
Heheh, I think when she gets excited her voice and how she speaks becomes like Nodame's. Ruka is a more serious character so the way she speaks is also calmer. I'm looking forward to her narration job in Wanko The Movie 2~ It'll be broadcast on FUjiTV next month. :wub:

back4lley

Post by back4lley » Jun 22nd, '08, 13:25

^Yuuki wrote:I think the ratings were supported by the marathon rescreening of LF they had for the past couple of weeks. Lucky them to not have to wait in agony each week like we did eh?

@avieamber
Nice to know that you like it~ I felt that it had a different feeling than the previous episodes. Almost as if it were a SP episode. And yeah, couldn't help but feel as if they rushed through the whole thing(it's like they cramped in 3 episodes in 1). My other comments about the ep:
The first scene I really loved was the Ruka and Eri scene after the press conference(it's nice to see Ruka shooting down all the reporters with her great speech). Again, wow, Juri-chan~ The break down and relieve was so real. Asami-chan is so great in this scene too, I believe her capabilities weren't fully explored in this drama.

Yeah, the TakeRuka scene were really nice. Kinda have a road trip feeling to it. The ending as well. Maybe all 3 of them could go start a rock band now~ Lol. The tent scene, it just looked like two guys/brothers sleeping together to me. But it still made me go 'aww~' with Ruka's arm draped over Takeru like that.

I still wanted Ruka and Michiru to have more screentime together though. The accident was a little unwarranted but them meeting up at the hospital kinda reminds me of when Ruka first met Michiru again. The whole bus thing and calling out to Michiru. And yup! I love the way Ruka talks with her specially reserved for Michiru voice~! Just when they were to talk things through.... I think after hearing that gentle voice, Rumi-chan can't wait to get out to meet her Ruka papa~ And I agree with how much Ruka seemed like a worried daddy/husband while waiting outside the operating room.

The way she looked at the baby kinda fearfully at first was amusing too. When she started holding and talking to the baby though, it melted my insides~ Gya~<3 I hope Michiru is kicking herself for being so blind all this while. Heh. Rumi is so cute~

The SP, it'll show Ruka's busy life with two wives and a baby. First wive, Michiru. Second wive, Takeru. Rumi: My favourite person in the whole world is Ruka-papa! Yep. What a nice ending~
hanapyupyu wrote:And I like Ruka's soft and gentle voice too when she speaks to Michiru. Gah, Juri is such an awesome actress, even her voice changes when she plays different characters. Ruka's tone of voice and manner of speaking is so different from Nodame, lol.
Heheh, I think when she gets excited her voice and how she speaks becomes like Nodame's. Ruka is a more serious character so the way she speaks is also calmer. I'm looking forward to her narration job in Wanko The Movie 2~ It'll be broadcast on FUjiTV next month. :wub:
@^Yuuki
Wow is it going to be like that in SP? Yet i agree with ^Yuuki.. the 'things' between Ruka and Michiru have not settled yet.. :scratch:
Last edited by back4lley on Jun 22nd, '08, 14:16, edited 1 time in total.

avieamber
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by avieamber » Jun 22nd, '08, 13:56

@ ^^ yuuki
i agree that the scene where Eri talked to Ruka is touching too and Asami definitely shows her acting skillz here, i felt like crying too when she told Ruka how she won't be startled or scared and how sorry she was to never notice. *god, that was so lovely* she should have been given more screentime. But i' sure she'll do great in future projects.

Oh i'm so looking forward to the SP haha...seeing how they take care of Rumi would be amusing and interesting. And we get to see more of Ruka's fatherly side lol...

And i thought the way she stares at the baby at first was intriguing too! Like she's wondering * oh...so this is how a baby is...* that kind of feeling~ and you can see how afraid she looked like when she carried her up. but then...after that was so sweet.

Ever since from the beginning of the trip with Takeru till the end, i can't help but go... AWWWWWW~~~~~ all the way (except maybe the suspense of the accident haha) :wub:

makkun

Post by makkun » Jun 22nd, '08, 14:19

Great Show!
I think the ending was good. Takeru and Ruka stayed true to Michiru until the end; Eri whole-heartedly accepted Ruka; Ogurin made the right decision -- all in all a good wrap-up. I loved Michiru's ending speech, especially the part where she said "... family, friends, husband and wife, lovers. We seem to be one of those, yet actually we are none of those. We'll treasure this fragile happiness, and go as far as we can, and beyond. From now on and forever, let's stay friends. If possible, without ever being apart. (lol, copy paste)" Michiru is really lucky to have friends like Takeru and Ruka, despite everything, none of her friends left her, and this is what friendship and love should be about... acceptance and forgiveness. Anyway, thanks for all who helped sub and seed this series!