Login Issue? Delete D-addicts cookie from your browser settings and login again.

[Discussion] Last Friends - Nagasawa Masami/Ueno Juri/Eita

Discuss Japanese drama series here.
avieamber
Fansubber
Fansubber
Posts: 749
Joined: Jun 4th, '08, 04:54
Location: Malaysia

Post by avieamber » Jun 12th, '08, 04:43

I agree that the writers for LF didn't explore on Takeru,Eri and Sousuke's pasts/ problems very much, just scratching the surface and making us confused. In fact, i think it's a waste of time to give Michiru too much screentime, even though she's the lead here but there's no need to give her so many scenes just to show her indecisiveness and weaknesses which is already very well conveyed in some parts. They should've used those time to give us more Eri instead. Or takeru and sousuke for that matter. :glare:

But anyway, i hope ^^yuuki's spoilers about the ending comes true.
Coz i want a shocking ending, something we don't expect. That said, i don't want Sousuke to die. Coz it's too predictable. i have my reservations on who i want to die hehe :whistling:

User avatar
bmwracer
Posts: 2108
Joined: Aug 12th, '05, 00:12
Location: Juri-chan's speed dial

Post by bmwracer » Jun 12th, '08, 04:56

avieamber wrote:
i have my reservations on who i want to die hehe :whistling:
The writer(s)? :mrgreen: :lol

User avatar
sarah117
Posts: 116
Joined: May 26th, '08, 07:36
Location: France

Post by sarah117 » Jun 12th, '08, 05:59

Daish wrote:But maybe the last 2 ep was very well planned out and everything so far was just a large buid up for the ending which contains closure for all 6 characters. One can always hope. I just somehow have this feeling the child that sousuke keeps seeing is somehow significant to the story just to you wait!
yes, i agree with Daish. i still have a high expectation for this drama.. :lol
avieamber wrote:But anyway, i hope ^^yuuki's spoilers about the ending comes true.
what are the spoilers all about?? :unsure:

User avatar
Kookie315
Posts: 108
Joined: Mar 12th, '06, 03:54
Location: USA
Contact:

Post by Kookie315 » Jun 12th, '08, 06:10

sarah117 wrote:
Daish wrote:But maybe the last 2 ep was very well planned out and everything so far was just a large buid up for the ending which contains closure for all 6 characters. One can always hope. I just somehow have this feeling the child that sousuke keeps seeing is somehow significant to the story just to you wait!
yes, i agree with Daish. i still have a high expectation for this drama.. :lol
avieamber wrote:But anyway, i hope ^^yuuki's spoilers about the ending comes true.
what are the spoilers all about?? :unsure:
Closure for all characters in the next two eps will be hard, I feel. Eri's character hasn't done too much yet, which is sad because her story might have been interesting, and Takeru really hasn't confronted his past. I just think this drama could have been longer and been interesting the entire time. But still, looking forward to the last couple episodes.

ShikyoxYaiba
Posts: 12
Joined: Apr 26th, '08, 02:36

Post by ShikyoxYaiba » Jun 12th, '08, 06:16

...I still have high hopes. :) I hope they turn everything upside-down and freak me out. xD Or something like that. ...Just let Ruka be okay! T~T I swear, this is the only time of my life I'd like a female...erm, character. I thought I was straight 'til I watched this. O.o (Lol, I am straight...but for Ruka... :wub:)

Um...kinda off subject, but I get out of school next Wednesday, just in time to see the last ep live! :3 (It airs @ 6:00am Thursday where I live.) So...does anyone know one of those live players or whatever...and how to use it? (Or maybe find the channel for LF? I've never used one before. Hell, choosing to watch LF is what taught me what soft subs were. I never knew. O.o)

Thank you! :3

User avatar
sarah117
Posts: 116
Joined: May 26th, '08, 07:36
Location: France

Post by sarah117 » Jun 12th, '08, 06:55

ShikyoxYaiba wrote:.Um...kinda off subject, but I get out of school next Wednesday, just in time to see the last ep live! :3 (It airs @ 6:00am Thursday where I live.) So...does anyone know one of those live players or whatever...and how to use it? (Or maybe find the channel for LF? I've never used one before. Hell, choosing to watch LF is what taught me what soft subs were. I never knew. O.o)

Thank you! :3
you can check this thread out. i didn't try it yet, but maybe you'll get something there..

bherd
Posts: 6
Joined: Jun 6th, '08, 06:00
Location: United States

Post by bherd » Jun 12th, '08, 07:18

what time does the show air in japan. please help kookie135

User avatar
Kookie315
Posts: 108
Joined: Mar 12th, '06, 03:54
Location: USA
Contact:

Post by Kookie315 » Jun 12th, '08, 07:39

bherd wrote:what time does the show air in japan. please help kookie135
Um, sorry I have no idea. I live in the US...

User avatar
hanapyupyu
Posts: 130
Joined: Feb 14th, '07, 09:21

Post by hanapyupyu » Jun 12th, '08, 07:56

Daish wrote:Wow i haven't been here (this thread) for a while, didn't think there would be a negative vibe and all. Though I wasn't dissatisfied or anything but now that you mention it I do agree there's many aspects that it doesn't seem they will ever explore.

Somehow they introduced or foreshadowed quite a few thing such as Takeru's phobia relating to his sister but there hasn't been even one confrontation yet. I mean I don't think they even said EXACTLY what it is within the drama, just all this hinting time after time. Eri's loneliness wasn't even explored/mentioned for more than 5 minutes in the whole series.

Though 11 ep is a short time, they did manage to fit in michiru being indecisive about going back to sousuke around 3 or 4 times.

But maybe the last 2 ep was very well planned out and everything so far was just a large buid up for the ending which contains closure for all 6 characters. One can always hope. I just somehow have this feeling the child that sousuke keeps seeing is somehow significant to the story just to you wait!
I really hope you're right that everything was purposely built up so that we can have this explosive and jaw-dropping ending that reveals all and gives proper closure to everyone's stories, because I've invested too much energy into this show and its characters and it'll break my heart to have it end in a limp manner.

To me, the strength and beauty of Last Friends lies in the complex, rich and interesting characters they've given us (well mainly in Ruka and Takeru, haha. Even though Eri, Ogurin and Michiru are not as complicated, they still contribute greatly to the group dynamic that makes the sharehouse a lively place). Where the story fails to sustain itself is in the execution of the DV plotline. More explanation below -

Ruka's unspoken love for Michiru, her issues with GID, her angst etc was really beautifully fleshed out (I don't know if we should attribute it to the writing or Ueno Juri's honest and raw acting). Takeru is another wonderful character that has captured many people because there's so much bubbling beneath the surface in his actions, pauses and hesitance (ie. the furtive glances he gives Ruka, the color draining from his face when he sees his elder sister, his amazing powers of empathy and warmth with Ruka/Michiru and everyone else etc). Although Takeru's issues were only hinted at (to be fair to the writer - those were some pretty heavy hints in the past 2 eps that anyone would get if they were paying attention at all), I wouldn't call him a poorly developed character. Eri was given very little screen time, but everytime she was on, she really made the show better for it. She was flirty, insecure, friendly and tactful around her friends and her character really deserves more airtime as she has good chemistry with Takeru, Ruka and even Sousuke. Michiru has gotten a lot of screentime and we saw her vacillating between Sousuke and Ruka 3 or 4 times before she decided to return to the sharehouse and leave Sousuke for good. It took Michiru a long time to see the light, but the girl has finally woken up from her romantic notions of being able to 'change Sousuke with her love'. A person like Sousuke cannot change so easily, unless he uses psychiatric help.

So, it's the characters that have kept me glued to this show and I'll watch till the very end. I still think this is a very good show because it makes us pause and think about issues which we'd otherwise not consider (like the nature of love, what lengths one would go through for your loved one, homosexuality, DV, child abuse etc).

Rant about Sousuke in episode 9 begins here:
However, the DV theme/Sousuke's actions and his effects on the other characters is poorly written, in my opinion. Firstly, the DV shock value has overshadowed the struggles of the other characters. Secondly, it's after episode 9 that pulls us out of the story and remind us that is a drama afterall - we are all asking the same question - WHY DOESN"T ANYONE REPORT SOUSUKE TO THE POLICE? It's just unbelievable how the police are not involved at this stage. Thirdly, it makes the sharehouse members look stupid and defenceless. It pains me to see Ruka's brave, strong character dumbed down like that. In my alterate world where Ruka is 'true to character', she'd call the police after seeing Takeru's beatdown. Or at least get her coach and a few male racers to go down to Sousuke's place with her in that last showdown with Sousuke to avenge Takeru. Fourthly, I must ask - how does a pin-sized Sousuke, who's been lying in bed with a limp leg, overcome the bigger sized Takeru and the small but fit Ruka like they were rag dolls for him to beat up and throw around?

Up till now, I feel the writer could have done a lot better with Sousuke's character. The first mistake was to have Michiru tell Ruka and others in the sharehouse about Sousuke's bad childhood in episode 4 to defend him. That's it? In movies/dramas, one of the lessons writers learn is it's always better to "show, don't tell", if they can. Like how they made the Takeru's childhood flashbacks to imply incest, they could've done a similar flashback scene on Sousuke's childhood where he was dumped from one home to another to make us empathise with his fear of abandonment. Instead, we have to visualize for ourselves how Sousuke grew up and fill in those blanks ourselves as to what happened to him to turn him into a DV monster. It is not neccesary for the writer to turn Sousuke into a sympathetic character, just flesh him out a bit more, to make him more human instead of merely being a Stalker!DV thug. The scenes with the little boy were so contrived and half-hearted, I don't know....but it's jarring to the other aspects in the show which were subtle, raw and rang true. I mean, c'mon. Sousuke throws himself in front of the train to save the boy to show us that he's not all bad? Geez writers, hit me over the head with a hammer, why don't you. What happened to subtlety? :crazy:
At least one part of DV was potrayed well - showing people that we can never judge others by appearances. Sousuke, with his impeccable manners, smart suit and respectable job is the last person anyone would expect to be guilty of commiting DV...but there you go. Also, victims of abuse who cannot handle it, sometimes turn to abuse others, ie. Michiru's ex-colleague.
Last edited by hanapyupyu on Jun 12th, '08, 09:12, edited 1 time in total.

blammer
Posts: 12
Joined: Jun 5th, '08, 14:26
Location: Singapore
Contact:

Post by blammer » Jun 12th, '08, 08:52

bherd wrote:what time does the show air in japan. please help kookie135
It airs in japan on thursday, 10pm, but ep 10 is at 10.20pm. It's been delayed for 20mins.
JAPAN time is GMT + 9.

User avatar
^Yuuki
Posts: 247
Joined: Apr 13th, '08, 17:17
Location: Malaysia

Post by ^Yuuki » Jun 12th, '08, 12:48

hanapyupyu wrote: To me, the strength and beauty of Last Friends lies in the complex, rich and interesting characters they've given us (well mainly in Ruka and Takeru, haha. Even though Eri, Ogurin and Michiru are not as complicated, they still contribute greatly to the group dynamic that makes the sharehouse a lively place). Where the story fails to sustain itself is in the execution of the DV plotline. More explanation below -

Ruka's unspoken love for Michiru, her issues with GID, her angst etc was really beautifully fleshed out (I don't know if we should attribute it to the writing or Ueno Juri's honest and raw acting). Takeru is another wonderful character that has captured many people because there's so much bubbling beneath the surface in his actions, pauses and hesitance (ie. the furtive glances he gives Ruka, the color draining from his face when he sees his elder sister, his amazing powers of empathy and warmth with Ruka/Michiru and everyone else etc). Although Takeru's issues were only hinted at (to be fair to the writer - those were some pretty heavy hints in the past 2 eps that anyone would get if they were paying attention at all), I wouldn't call him a poorly developed character. Eri was given very little screen time, but everytime she was on, she really made the show better for it. She was flirty, insecure, friendly and tactful around her friends and her character really deserves more airtime as she has good chemistry with Takeru, Ruka and even Sousuke. Michiru has gotten a lot of screentime and we saw her vacillating between Sousuke and Ruka 3 or 4 times before she decided to return to the sharehouse and leave Sousuke for good. It took Michiru a long time to see the light, but the girl has finally woken up from her romantic notions of being able to 'change Sousuke with her love'. A person like Sousuke cannot change so easily, unless he uses psychiatric help.

So, it's the characters that have kept me glued to this show and I'll watch till the very end. I still think this is a very good show because it makes us pause and think about issues which we'd otherwise not consider (like the nature of love, what lengths one would go through for your loved one, homosexuality, DV, child abuse etc).
I'm too exhausted to rant too long about why I love this show but the above pretty much sums it up. Though the DV thing provided some shock value and brought in viewers, it is the other stuff that KEPT the viewers. The other aspects meaning how they portrayed the other characters like Ruka and Takeru plus the relationship between the characters. It works brilliantly enough as a character driven show so to add those thriller/horror movie moments...kinda works againts it. Although it does move the plot along, most of the time they spent focusing on it could have been given to develop the other characters like Eri and Ogurin for example. It's better than a half baked DV character. Either just make him a symbolic character that just appears when needed(like how the writer originally planned it, blame Ryo for inspiring her, lol) or give us more. That said, Last Friends is still the most awesome J-Drama for me so far. Thank god for Ueno Juri and Eita. It wouldn't have been the same without them. The mostly great parts are definitely worth grimacing through the minor grouses people have about the show. So, hopefully I'll feel the same(or better) after watching the next 2 episode. =)

Eheh, I think a second season without Sosuke would give us a real show. Haha, It's at least give them time to worry about their own issues instead of looking over their shoulder to see if the 'terminator' is coming. *sigh* 11 episodes is really too short...I'm gonna have a huge withdrawal after it's over...>_<

User avatar
Ladymercury
Posts: 575
Joined: Mar 27th, '05, 06:04

Post by Ladymercury » Jun 12th, '08, 13:05

Great, everyone and their grandmother is on keyhole. Now I can't watch it.... wtf..... TVU w.t.f

User avatar
Rori
Posts: 831
Joined: Jan 6th, '07, 03:43

Post by Rori » Jun 12th, '08, 13:07

Same here. Can't watch it either. Completely sucks. ;(

User avatar
Ladymercury
Posts: 575
Joined: Mar 27th, '05, 06:04

Post by Ladymercury » Jun 12th, '08, 13:09

Now Keyhole is saying that the Broadcaster has stopped the video.

I think the server got overloaded due to like, you know, 500 people trying to watch at once. But I'm kinda pissed off since I've been watching since 7pm JST for Last Friends and now I get all these problems. Not only that, I wanted to watch Tackey & Tsubasa too.

User avatar
^Yuuki
Posts: 247
Joined: Apr 13th, '08, 17:17
Location: Malaysia

Post by ^Yuuki » Jun 12th, '08, 13:12

It should start in another 10 minutes...10.20pm~ But as usual, I'll only be able to watch it in at least 24hours...So, I think I'm just gonna avoid this thread till then. No use spoiling what little left that isn't spoiled. Hopefully I won't have to go through 20 pages tomorrow...^^;

Before that, he's the cover of the new Weekly Television(I posted the spoilerific scans yesterday):

Image

Looks familar? Because they took a lemon shot 3 months ago as well. How time flies eh?

Image

User avatar
Ladymercury
Posts: 575
Joined: Mar 27th, '05, 06:04

Post by Ladymercury » Jun 12th, '08, 13:15

Wow, big scans are big. D:

Well, I doubt anyone in this thread is going ot be able to watch it, not with the server pinging out because of so many simultaneous connections.

User avatar
Rori
Posts: 831
Joined: Jan 6th, '07, 03:43

Post by Rori » Jun 12th, '08, 13:17

And I guess there's no hope in the channels coming back in the next 10 minutes. They're usually fast with the torrent but I was looking forward to watching it. Got up especially for it, as well.

User avatar
Ladymercury
Posts: 575
Joined: Mar 27th, '05, 06:04

Post by Ladymercury » Jun 12th, '08, 13:20

I get up early regardless but its frustrating that I have nothing to watch, especially since I was looking foward for this all week x_x Btw, its on now, I got connected and minute later I got knocked off.

Gyah. :cussing: TVU picks the worst times to go down.

claza
Posts: 23
Joined: Apr 24th, '08, 15:01

Post by claza » Jun 12th, '08, 13:23

Well this blows.
It's not even TVU.
All online-tv players can't connect to Fuji.

blammer
Posts: 12
Joined: Jun 5th, '08, 14:26
Location: Singapore
Contact:

Post by blammer » Jun 12th, '08, 13:24

It connects now, Awwww I missed that first part of Ruka

User avatar
^Yuuki
Posts: 247
Joined: Apr 13th, '08, 17:17
Location: Malaysia

Post by ^Yuuki » Jun 12th, '08, 13:27

Oh~? I'm kinda relieved...sorry, just don't trust myself to not click that button. ^^;

So, lotsa people tuning in eh? Does this mean that the number on the counter for episode 9 isn't just a bug in the system?
http://www.d-addicts.com/forum/viewtopi ... tm#1021008
Downloaded: 19278 Time(s)
...That's like 5 times the previous episode...o.o

User avatar
khaibest
Posts: 13
Joined: May 6th, '07, 05:27

Post by khaibest » Jun 12th, '08, 13:27

omg!!!!!
wat is wrong with tvu??!!!!!!!

User avatar
Ladymercury
Posts: 575
Joined: Mar 27th, '05, 06:04

Post by Ladymercury » Jun 12th, '08, 13:28

It connected and then it died. Again. I feel like a cat and someone is hanging a piece of fish in front of me, yanking it away everytime I try to grab for it.

Keyhole TV says there's roughly 320something odd people wathcing but it had peaked around 450+ around 10pm, but it keeps dropping out. On top of that its just lagging the entire KeyHoleTV networks. All the channels are lagging cause of this.
Last edited by Ladymercury on Jun 12th, '08, 13:30, edited 1 time in total.

blammer
Posts: 12
Joined: Jun 5th, '08, 14:26
Location: Singapore
Contact:

Post by blammer » Jun 12th, '08, 13:30

Lol I give up, I'm just gonna wait for spoilers. Darn..wanted this episode so badly.

User avatar
Rori
Posts: 831
Joined: Jan 6th, '07, 03:43

Post by Rori » Jun 12th, '08, 13:30

Still can't see Fuji channel on TVU, but even if it does show up I think I'll pass watching it. Don't want to when I've missed the start.

Just gonna' have to sit and wait for the torrent I suppose.

namie
Posts: 127
Joined: May 27th, '06, 08:15

Post by namie » Jun 12th, '08, 13:30

I want to see the episode!!!!!!!! :cry: :cry: why didn't work Tvu and KeyHole???? :cry: :cry:

User avatar
Rori
Posts: 831
Joined: Jan 6th, '07, 03:43

Post by Rori » Jun 12th, '08, 13:33

Seems the Last Friends thread is the hate on the online streaming TV players thread for now, lol.
namie wrote:I want to see the episode!!!!!!!! :cry: :cry: why didn't work Tvu and KeyHole???? :cry: :cry:
Probably the amount of people trying to watch it, like Ladymercury said.

User avatar
Ladymercury
Posts: 575
Joined: Mar 27th, '05, 06:04

Post by Ladymercury » Jun 12th, '08, 13:33

I think the mpeople who broadcast on TVU are experience technically difficulties. Again.

Actually all the channels dropped off like RIGHT AFTER Kanjani8's touch!ECO 2008. So I'm kinda glad they didn't drop out while I watched the entire 13 hour special XD

But still... NOT DURING LAST FRIENDS. ITS THE LAST **** EPISODE.

Sorry for my french.

Wow, there is 615 people connected to the FujiTV stream. What the hell

User avatar
bmwracer
Posts: 2108
Joined: Aug 12th, '05, 00:12
Location: Juri-chan's speed dial

Post by bmwracer » Jun 12th, '08, 13:37

hanapyupyu wrote:Rant about Sousuke in episode 9 begins here:
However, the DV theme/Sousuke's actions and his effects on the other characters is poorly written, in my opinion. Firstly, the DV shock value has overshadowed the struggles of the other characters. Secondly, it's after episode 9 that pulls us out of the story and remind us that is a drama afterall - we are all asking the same question - WHY DOESN"T ANYONE REPORT SOUSUKE TO THE POLICE? It's just unbelievable how the police are not involved at this stage. Thirdly, it makes the sharehouse members look stupid and defenceless. It pains me to see Ruka's brave, strong character dumbed down like that. In my alterate world where Ruka is 'true to character', she'd call the police after seeing Takeru's beatdown. Or at least get her coach and a few male racers to go down to Sousuke's place with her in that last showdown with Sousuke to avenge Takeru. Fourthly, I must ask - how does a pin-sized Sousuke, who's been lying in bed with a limp leg, overcome the bigger sized Takeru and the small but fit Ruka like they were rag dolls for him to beat up and throw around?

Up till now, I feel the writer could have done a lot better with Sousuke's character. The first mistake was to have Michiru tell Ruka and others in the sharehouse about Sousuke's bad childhood in episode 4 to defend him. That's it? In movies/dramas, one of the lessons writers learn is it's always better to "show, don't tell", if they can. Like how they made the Takeru's childhood flashbacks to imply incest, they could've done a similar flashback scene on Sousuke's childhood where he was dumped from one home to another to make us empathise with his fear of abandonment. Instead, we have to visualize for ourselves how Sousuke grew up and fill in those blanks ourselves as to what happened to him to turn him into a DV monster. It is not neccesary for the writer to turn Sousuke into a sympathetic character, just flesh him out a bit more, to make him more human instead of merely being a Stalker!DV thug. The scenes with the little boy were so contrived and half-hearted, I don't know....but it's jarring to the other aspects in the show which were subtle, raw and rang true. I mean, c'mon. Sousuke throws himself in front of the train to save the boy to show us that he's not all bad? Geez writers, hit me over the head with a hammer, why don't you. What happened to subtlety? :crazy:
The issue about the police has been brought up over at J-Dorama and apparently the Japanese culture refrains from getting the police involved... The mentality is that it's "someone else's problem" or "I don't want to get involved"

Hard to believe and accept in this day and age, but that's the way it is over there...

Still, it pisses me off to no end and makes the drama hard to watch without being frustrated.

User avatar
haruko17
Posts: 17
Joined: May 8th, '08, 00:12
Contact:

Post by haruko17 » Jun 12th, '08, 13:39

haha i came to see if i wasnt the only one having tvu problems :D
this sucks! i finally get to watch it live cuz i dont have work...and its not working!
ah well, ill just wait for it to be on veoh

User avatar
Ladymercury
Posts: 575
Joined: Mar 27th, '05, 06:04

Post by Ladymercury » Jun 12th, '08, 13:39

ITS BEING BROADCAST ON A NEW SERVER NAME!!!

namie
Posts: 127
Joined: May 27th, '06, 08:15

Post by namie » Jun 12th, '08, 13:41

Ladymercury wrote:ITS BEING BROADCAST ON A NEW SERVER NAME!!!
Where and which???

User avatar
^Yuuki
Posts: 247
Joined: Apr 13th, '08, 17:17
Location: Malaysia

Post by ^Yuuki » Jun 12th, '08, 13:41

Well, if it's any comfort, it's not the last episode...it's the last chapter...epilogue aka the real last episode is next week...^^;

Now, let's just hope those people watching in Japan don't come and spoil us after the episode. Lol.

User avatar
Ladymercury
Posts: 575
Joined: Mar 27th, '05, 06:04

Post by Ladymercury » Jun 12th, '08, 13:42

^Yuuki wrote:Well, if it's any comfort, it's not the last episode...it's the last chapter...epilogue aka the real last episode is next week...^^;

Now, let's just hope those people watching in Japan don't come and spoil us after the episode. Lol.
Well of course, but all the drama people loved ends with this ep :P
namie wrote:
Ladymercury wrote:ITS BEING BROADCAST ON A NEW SERVER NAME!!!
Where and which???
Keyhole, the channel is hima but it just disappeared again.

avieamber
Fansubber
Fansubber
Posts: 749
Joined: Jun 4th, '08, 04:54
Location: Malaysia

Post by avieamber » Jun 12th, '08, 13:44

it's kinda frustrating that it's airing now...but i have to wait till tomorrow night probably to watch it, if the raw comes out fast, like last week.

*i need spoilers*

:roll

namie
Posts: 127
Joined: May 27th, '06, 08:15

Post by namie » Jun 12th, '08, 13:45

Now it works on Key hole!! the channel is Daiba!

Meecha
Posts: 40
Joined: Jan 5th, '08, 14:46

Post by Meecha » Jun 12th, '08, 13:51

hey guys the Last Friends OST was released yesterday!
anyone got the link *hinthint*

User avatar
Ladymercury
Posts: 575
Joined: Mar 27th, '05, 06:04

Post by Ladymercury » Jun 12th, '08, 13:53

Ah, new record, 4 minutes I managed to watch without getting kicked off. lol

User avatar
^Yuuki
Posts: 247
Joined: Apr 13th, '08, 17:17
Location: Malaysia

Post by ^Yuuki » Jun 12th, '08, 13:59

Last edited by ^Yuuki on Jun 12th, '08, 14:17, edited 1 time in total.

avieamber
Fansubber
Fansubber
Posts: 749
Joined: Jun 4th, '08, 04:54
Location: Malaysia

Post by avieamber » Jun 12th, '08, 14:05

^Yuuki wrote:Here's a high resolution spoiler for you guys. It's safe to click. Trust me.

Now where did all the red ribbons go?
there's nothing.... :scratch:

User avatar
Ladymercury
Posts: 575
Joined: Mar 27th, '05, 06:04

Post by Ladymercury » Jun 12th, '08, 14:08

........ohmygoditreallyhappenedthistime.

blammer
Posts: 12
Joined: Jun 5th, '08, 14:26
Location: Singapore
Contact:

Post by blammer » Jun 12th, '08, 14:08

LOL, again. It disconnected again. >.<

User avatar
Ladymercury
Posts: 575
Joined: Mar 27th, '05, 06:04

Post by Ladymercury » Jun 12th, '08, 14:12

I swear, this is cruel and unusual punishment.


DON'T READ THIS SPOILER IF YOU SERIOUSLY DO NOT WANT TO BE SPOILED.
SOUSUKE DID THE DEED TO MICHIRU.... THEN THE VIDEO DIED....... AND THEN...... I DUNNO BUT... i think he committed suicide.... The video **** DROPPED ON ME AGAIN SO I DUNNO

RUKA ALSO TOLD HER FATHER WHAT SHE REALLY IS.

KOSDJGSKL;JDG;KLSDJGSDL;KGJSDL;KGS WHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHY

hadmish
Posts: 92
Joined: Jun 18th, '06, 02:42
Location: somewhere desperately missing Japan

Post by hadmish » Jun 12th, '08, 14:15

OMG- dont read if u havent seen the ending of ep 10
wow that answers a lot of questions...the dress....its certainly a twist I didnt see coming! but that does make the show much better in my eyes.....

namie
Posts: 127
Joined: May 27th, '06, 08:15

Post by namie » Jun 12th, '08, 14:15

I watched some parts of the episode and I can say
OH MY GOD! :cry: I swear,I'm soo sad......

blammer
Posts: 12
Joined: Jun 5th, '08, 14:26
Location: Singapore
Contact:

Post by blammer » Jun 12th, '08, 14:15

Ladymercury wrote:I swear, this is cruel and unusual punishment.


DON'T READ THIS SPOILER IF YOU SERIOUSLY DO NOT WANT TO BE SPOILED.
SOUSUKE DID THE DEED TO MICHIRU.... THEN THE VIDEO DIED....... AND THEN...... I DUNNO BUT... i think he committed suicide.... The video **** DROPPED ON ME AGAIN SO I DUNNO

RUKA ALSO TOLD HER FATHER WHAT SHE REALLY IS.

KOSDJGSKL;JDG;KLSDJGSDL;KGJSDL;KGS WHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHY
Dont read this either if you haven't watched it
HE DID?! My player died while he was looking through Michi's photos and sobbing! OMG OMG OMG

User avatar
Ladymercury
Posts: 575
Joined: Mar 27th, '05, 06:04

Post by Ladymercury » Jun 12th, '08, 14:17

I can't believe it what's going on.... Its like... it's unreal.... its.... simply unreal.... all of this! its.... its...

God, Sousuke!!!!!
blammer wrote:
Ladymercury wrote:I swear, this is cruel and unusual punishment.


DON'T READ THIS SPOILER IF YOU SERIOUSLY DO NOT WANT TO BE SPOILED.
SOUSUKE DID THE DEED TO MICHIRU.... THEN THE VIDEO DIED....... AND THEN...... I DUNNO BUT... i think he committed suicide.... The video **** DROPPED ON ME AGAIN SO I DUNNO

RUKA ALSO TOLD HER FATHER WHAT SHE REALLY IS.

KOSDJGSKL;JDG;KLSDJGSDL;KGJSDL;KGS WHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHY
Dont read this either if you haven't watched it
HE DID?! My player died while he was looking through Michi's photos and sobbing! OMG OMG OMG
Yes! He did! He did it all! God I am so spazzing right now I can't even put my thoughts together straight.

But when Sousuke explained to Michiru what Ruka did to her and that Ruka declared her love for Michiru, Michiru was like I'm leaving, I'm going back to Ruka and Sousuke was like why and then she almost left but he dragged her and threw her on teh ground and slapped her but she kicked him off of her and told him to stop it and he grabbed her and threw her on the bed and;aklsjdgkl;gjds;lkgjasldgds

then she made this piercing scream and then the next scene she's naked in the bed with covers wrapped around her.

OH GOD. IT WAS JUST. OH GOD.
[/spoiler]
Last edited by Ladymercury on Jun 12th, '08, 14:19, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Rori
Posts: 831
Joined: Jan 6th, '07, 03:43

Post by Rori » Jun 12th, '08, 14:19

Ahhhh~ all these OMG spoilers like last episode, except this time I couldn't watch it. :cussing:

*crosses fingers for quick torrent*

avieamber
Fansubber
Fansubber
Posts: 749
Joined: Jun 4th, '08, 04:54
Location: Malaysia

Post by avieamber » Jun 12th, '08, 14:19

Ladymercury wrote:
I can't believe it what's going on.... Its like... it's unreal.... its.... simply unreal.... all of this! its.... its...

God, Sousuke!!!!!
uh...ok, if it's true that he committed suicide... all i can say to him is *rest in peace*? :roll coz seriously, that's such an easy exit for him! and plus, i don't want him to be the one to die...coz i have someone else in mind...but reading your spoilers does make me itch

User avatar
Ladymercury
Posts: 575
Joined: Mar 27th, '05, 06:04

Post by Ladymercury » Jun 12th, '08, 14:21

avieamber wrote:
Ladymercury wrote:
I can't believe it what's going on.... Its like... it's unreal.... its.... simply unreal.... all of this! its.... its...

God, Sousuke!!!!!
uh...ok, if it's true that he committed suicide... all i can say to him is *rest in peace*? :roll coz seriously, that's such an easy exit for him! and plus, i don't want him to be the one to die...coz i have someone else in mind...but reading your spoilers does make me itch
I don't think he did though cause someone else's spoiler said it was a dress. God, I missed the ending its so frustrating!!

blammer
Posts: 12
Joined: Jun 5th, '08, 14:26
Location: Singapore
Contact:

Post by blammer » Jun 12th, '08, 14:23

avieamber wrote:
Ladymercury wrote:
I can't believe it what's going on.... Its like... it's unreal.... its.... simply unreal.... all of this! its.... its...

God, Sousuke!!!!!
uh...ok, if it's true that he committed suicide... all i can say to him is *rest in peace*? :roll coz seriously, that's such an easy exit for him! and plus, i don't want him to be the one to die...coz i have someone else in mind...but reading your spoilers does make me itch
YESH! Its too easy of a death for him, at least make him pay for all the raping and whatnot. But my main question would be if he really raped ruka. Cause I missed the start due to the disconnected player.

Nomanymore
Posts: 1441
Joined: Jan 11th, '05, 21:04
Contact:

Post by Nomanymore » Jun 12th, '08, 14:23

As much as I hate sousuke.... *sigh*
When he cried over while looking at the pictures of Michiru & Ruka, for the 1st time I think i can feel his loneliness & the so called 'contradiction'... Everyone who used to love him left him, even the little boy. & In the end, he just "left" ,alone too.. the suicide is somehow unexpected, I alway believe that he's going to be stabbed by someone in the sharehouse .. Because suicide is too easy ,after everything he had done.. :x


Something intrigues me though, why did I still hear his voice in the end of the preview? O_o
Last edited by Nomanymore on Jun 12th, '08, 14:27, edited 1 time in total.

sytyue
Posts: 8
Joined: Jul 29th, '05, 23:02

Post by sytyue » Jun 12th, '08, 14:25

Just finished watching ep 10 on the TV!
Sosuke dies in a less dramatic manner than I had thought of. I was always thinking he would be killed by one of the characters. His death turned out a bit sadder than I expected and even though he, out of all the characters, deserved to die, I have to admit, I had a small stream of tears while he himself was crying while looking at the sharehouse pictures Michiru had with her.

I'm so very glad that Sosuke didn't go as far as to rape Ruka. . Well he tried, but GOOD GOING RUKA!

I felt really bad when Ruka's father and Takeru were talking about Ruka in the park. Her father has always been such a supportive and kind character and to see him break down near the end of the converesation was just heart breaking.

Wow..another week of waiting. I really want to know if Michiru's feelings changed at all after hearing from Sosuke that she would protect her with her life and everything..
Wow .....Another 7 more days AHHH!

User avatar
Ladymercury
Posts: 575
Joined: Mar 27th, '05, 06:04

Post by Ladymercury » Jun 12th, '08, 14:26

I doubt Sousuke committed suicide now.... or he's on the verge of suicide.

I think him crying was sentimental scene before Keyhole crapped out on me. He realized that he was alone but he was also taking Michiru from those who loved her. I think he began to realize what he was doing and felt disgusted.

But either way....... I need to the torrent to actually see this entire episode. All I got was bits and pieces.

hadmish
Posts: 92
Joined: Jun 18th, '06, 02:42
Location: somewhere desperately missing Japan

Post by hadmish » Jun 12th, '08, 14:28

quoted....
I don't think he did though cause someone else's spoiler said it was a dress. God, I missed the ending its so frustrating!!
[/quote]
read if you want to know the last seconds of ep 10
he committed suicide in a white dress, perhaps a wedding dress. basically he came out....
Last edited by hadmish on Jun 12th, '08, 14:32, edited 1 time in total.

avieamber
Fansubber
Fansubber
Posts: 749
Joined: Jun 4th, '08, 04:54
Location: Malaysia

Post by avieamber » Jun 12th, '08, 14:28

Nomanymore wrote:As much as I hate sousuke.... *sigh*
When he cried over while looking at the pictures of Michiru & Ruka, for the 1st time I think i can feel his loneliness & the so called 'contradiction'... Everyone who used to love him left him, even the little boy. & in the end, he just left alone too.. the suicide is somehow unexpected, I alway believe that he's going to be stabbed by someone in the sharehouse ..


Something intrigues me though, why did I still hear his voice in the end of the preview? O_o
so i suppose he didn't die huh? it's way too easy for him to leave this series like this, so i guess we still have hope for an unexpected death hehe xD

regregreg
Posts: 20
Joined: Sep 28th, '07, 13:32

Post by regregreg » Jun 12th, '08, 14:28

Can someone please tell me what did Michiru said while she was in the bed? I kind of missed that part..

Also, am I the only one who thinks that the real problem in this whole drama is Michiru? Whatever she says or does, someone is always gets hurt by her!

User avatar
^Yuuki
Posts: 247
Joined: Apr 13th, '08, 17:17
Location: Malaysia

Post by ^Yuuki » Jun 12th, '08, 14:29

I'm pretty sure I'm not gonna click anything this time...Just one question, is it another cliffhanger or a kind of ending for now?

In the mean time, I'll just distract myself and the others with these~

Image

Image
kaze to rock to onna~

:wub:
Last edited by ^Yuuki on Jun 12th, '08, 14:44, edited 1 time in total.

hadmish
Posts: 92
Joined: Jun 18th, '06, 02:42
Location: somewhere desperately missing Japan

Post by hadmish » Jun 12th, '08, 14:30

Nomanymore wrote:
Something intrigues me though, why did I still hear his voice in the end of the preview? O_o[/spoiler]
in my opinion....
it would be a letter he left for Michiru, as it said- Im giving you freedom- and probably read by him

User avatar
Ladymercury
Posts: 575
Joined: Mar 27th, '05, 06:04

Post by Ladymercury » Jun 12th, '08, 14:34

Oh my god, those pics are so big. Spoiler cut them? They're stretching out the board and I can't read what people wrote :(
he committed suicide in a white dress, perhaps a wedding dress. basically he came out....
... Are you telling me that he was gay all this time?
I guess that would explain this:

Image

avieamber
Fansubber
Fansubber
Posts: 749
Joined: Jun 4th, '08, 04:54
Location: Malaysia

Post by avieamber » Jun 12th, '08, 14:38

Ladymercury wrote:Oh my god, those pics are so big. Spoiler cut them? They're stretching out the board and I can't read what people wrote :(
he committed suicide in a white dress, perhaps a wedding dress. basically he came out....
... Are you telling me that he was gay all this time?
I guess that would explain this:

Image
omg exactly what i was thinking when i read..." he committed suicide in a white dress" and i was like ' He has the same problem like Ruka?!" LOL

hadmish
Posts: 92
Joined: Jun 18th, '06, 02:42
Location: somewhere desperately missing Japan

Post by hadmish » Jun 12th, '08, 14:39

Ladymercury wrote:Oh my god, those pics are so big. Spoiler cut them? They're stretching out the board and I can't read what people wrote :(
he committed suicide in a white dress, perhaps a wedding dress. basically he came out....
... Are you telling me that he was gay all this time?
hmmmm, thats my guess.
we didnt see enough. it would explain a lot. his obsession with Ruka, and trying to out her instead of himself. it does make his character interesting. but who knows.....we just saw a glimpse of him in the dress and bleeding, unconscious. I think if he was gay, or like Ruka wanted to change his gender, that would explain a lot, so it fits....but I'll gladly wait for next week's episode and see what's the real answer...(Im often wrong!)

User avatar
Ladymercury
Posts: 575
Joined: Mar 27th, '05, 06:04

Post by Ladymercury » Jun 12th, '08, 14:42

I really think the gay rumor is pushing it, considering he hates homosexuals.

namie
Posts: 127
Joined: May 27th, '06, 08:15

Post by namie » Jun 12th, '08, 14:44

Eeeh?
Sousuke gay?:goggle: Why??:blink
I can't understand it anymore! :goggle:
Last edited by namie on Jun 12th, '08, 14:47, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Salz
Posts: 489
Joined: Apr 26th, '05, 07:00

Post by Salz » Jun 12th, '08, 14:45

lol :crazy:
maybe he commit suicide while holding the wedding dress.....
maybe he bought it bcoz he want Michiru to wear it but instead just bring it with him to his grave :scratch:
who know....
i already read all the spoiler lol and this sound such a sad ep :cry:

User avatar
Ladymercury
Posts: 575
Joined: Mar 27th, '05, 06:04

Post by Ladymercury » Jun 12th, '08, 14:48

I am frankly confused my self.

HERE. LET'S HAVE MORE RYOKO.

Image
Last edited by Ladymercury on Jun 12th, '08, 14:49, edited 1 time in total.

Iatheia
Posts: 21
Joined: May 4th, '08, 18:34

Post by Iatheia » Jun 12th, '08, 14:49

Ladymercury wrote:
I really think the gay rumor is pushing it, considering he hates homosexuals.
Well, some gay people that are not ready to accept themselves feel jelaous for all those who do, and so on and so forth. Sometimes they keep thinking that "this is the way it supposed to be, we were born to fit in the certain roles, and all those who are trying to change it are wrong". It's pretty complicated process...

Meh. I knew he was a Starlight =)

User avatar
Ladymercury
Posts: 575
Joined: Mar 27th, '05, 06:04

Post by Ladymercury » Jun 12th, '08, 14:50

Iatheia wrote:
Ladymercury wrote:
I really think the gay rumor is pushing it, considering he hates homosexuals.
Well, some gay people that are not ready to accept themselves feel jelaous for all those who do, and so on and so forth. Sometimes they keep thinking that "this is the way it supposed to be, we were born to fit in the certain roles, and all those who are trying to change it are wrong". It's pretty complicated process...

Meh. I knew he was a Starlight =)
With his actions, I really doubt it. He did it because he was a afraid of being alone, not because he was gay and did not want to accept it
Salz wrote:
lol :crazy:
maybe he commit suicide while holding the wedding dress.....
maybe he bought it bcoz he want Michiru to wear it but instead just bring it with him to his grave :scratch:
who know....
i already read all the spoiler lol and this sound such a sad ep :cry:
That, makes a lot more sense. But until I see it... DX

User avatar
hanapyupyu
Posts: 130
Joined: Feb 14th, '07, 09:21

Post by hanapyupyu » Jun 12th, '08, 14:56

bmwracer wrote:
The issue about the police has been brought up over at J-Dorama and apparently the Japanese culture refrains from getting the police involved... The mentality is that it's "someone else's problem" or "I don't want to get involved"

Hard to believe and accept in this day and age, but that's the way it is over there...

Still, it pisses me off to no end and makes the drama hard to watch without being frustrated.

Yes, it's true that many asian cultures have the mentality of "look the other way" and "don't get involved". It's realistic if we're talking about neighbours or people the characters aren't close with (like Michiru and her ex-colleague). But those people in the sharehouse are such close friends, and they are already involved in Michiru's problems whether they want to or not (because Sousuke is attacking them), so there's no reason for them not to call the police at this stage. Apathy is not applicable here.

It pisses me off too.

User avatar
Ladymercury
Posts: 575
Joined: Mar 27th, '05, 06:04

Post by Ladymercury » Jun 12th, '08, 15:04

http://jdrama.cc/node/112

jdrama CC has the episode 10 script plus english translation. :) But its only the first 10 minutes or so, he's probably working on it as he goes.

User avatar
bmwracer
Posts: 2108
Joined: Aug 12th, '05, 00:12
Location: Juri-chan's speed dial

Post by bmwracer » Jun 12th, '08, 15:10

hanapyupyu wrote:
bmwracer wrote:
The issue about the police has been brought up over at J-Dorama and apparently the Japanese culture refrains from getting the police involved... The mentality is that it's "someone else's problem" or "I don't want to get involved"

Hard to believe and accept in this day and age, but that's the way it is over there...

Still, it pisses me off to no end and makes the drama hard to watch without being frustrated.

Yes, it's true that many asian cultures have the mentality of "look the other way" and "don't get involved". It's realistic if we're talking about neighbours or people the characters aren't close with (like Michiru and her ex-colleague). But those people in the sharehouse are such close friends, and they are already involved in Michiru's problems whether they want to or not (because Sousuke is attacking them), so there's no reason for them not to call the police at this stage. Apathy is not applicable here.

It pisses me off too.
Exactly. If they were all such good friends, you'd think SOMEONE would've stepped up and not allowed this violence to continue... That point was brought up at J-Dorama as well... No one could believe that you'd let your friend(s) get pounded while you sit idly by... :sweat:

blammer
Posts: 12
Joined: Jun 5th, '08, 14:26
Location: Singapore
Contact:

Post by blammer » Jun 12th, '08, 15:10

Ladymercury wrote:http://jdrama.cc/node/112

jdrama CC has the episode 10 script plus english translation. :) But its only the first 10 minutes or so, he's probably working on it as he goes.

YAYYYYYYYY!!!! OMG, thanks a bunch! :cheers:

User avatar
Ladymercury
Posts: 575
Joined: Mar 27th, '05, 06:04

Post by Ladymercury » Jun 12th, '08, 15:12

bmwracer wrote:
hanapyupyu wrote:
bmwracer wrote:
The issue about the police has been brought up over at J-Dorama and apparently the Japanese culture refrains from getting the police involved... The mentality is that it's "someone else's problem" or "I don't want to get involved"

Hard to believe and accept in this day and age, but that's the way it is over there...

Still, it pisses me off to no end and makes the drama hard to watch without being frustrated.

Yes, it's true that many asian cultures have the mentality of "look the other way" and "don't get involved". It's realistic if we're talking about neighbours or people the characters aren't close with (like Michiru and her ex-colleague). But those people in the sharehouse are such close friends, and they are already involved in Michiru's problems whether they want to or not (because Sousuke is attacking them), so there's no reason for them not to call the police at this stage. Apathy is not applicable here.

It pisses me off too.
Exactly. If they were all such good friends, you'd think SOMEONE would've stepped up and not allowed this violence to continue... That point was brought up at J-Dorama as well... No one could believe that you'd let your friend(s) get pounded while you sit idly by... :sweat:
I honestly think that Takeru did all that he could and Ruka was a driving force, but Eri seemed to be more about her and her problems then Michiru. I think she viewed Michiru more as a problem then anything.... Why else would she visit Sousuke and take his letters and instead of delivering them to Michiru read them for herself?
[/spoiler]
blammer wrote:
Ladymercury wrote:http://jdrama.cc/node/112

jdrama CC has the episode 10 script plus english translation. :) But its only the first 10 minutes or so, he's probably working on it as he goes.

YAYYYYYYYY!!!! OMG, thanks a bunch! :cheers:
No thanks to me, thanks to the admin of jdrama.cc :D

User avatar
Rori
Posts: 831
Joined: Jan 6th, '07, 03:43

Post by Rori » Jun 12th, '08, 16:03


User avatar
sarah117
Posts: 116
Joined: May 26th, '08, 07:36
Location: France

Post by sarah117 » Jun 12th, '08, 16:12

yessss!!! Ujf is very quick! :salut: :salut: :lol :lol

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests