Discuss Japanese drama series here.
suparstarx

Post by suparstarx » Jun 9th, '08, 22:00

ahhhhhh the suspense

avieamber
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by avieamber » Jun 10th, '08, 00:17

^Yuuki wrote:The manga has only the prologue so far. Chapter 1(the real story) should be out be the end of this month or early next.

SPOILER FOR EPISODE 11(BABY NEWS AND HINTS TO WHO DIES) SO DON'T CLICK UNLESS YOU WANNA BREATHE!!

Episode 11(chronology might not be as follow):
-"Michiru who lost an important person" makes an important decision.
-All-Japan Motocross competition. Ruka won. Those who came to support were her family, Takeru, Eri.
-There's a press conference for the win and a celebration(family, takeru, eri n coach)
-Takeru and his sister's issue will be revealed/resolved
-The starting scene in episode 1 isn't the end, there will be further continuation of it.
From another source(TV Guide):
-Ruka and the rest founds out about the real reason behind Michiru's news/decision.
-Ogurin gets transfered overseas for work. Going with his wife. Eri says good bye despite being heartbroken.
-Alone, Michiru moves to a house her mother has ay a city by the coast and gets a job there. And then found out that she's pregnant. She decides to keep the baby(Sosuke's) despite her mother's objection.
My comment:
With the lack of Sosuke being mentioned, the person who died is clear I think...but let's not open the champagne yet eh? Haha. The spoilers we know of ep10 is probably only the first half. What happened after Michiru goes to Sosuke's place will probably be the real climax. Sosuke will threaten the safety of the share house members to stop Michiru from leaving...dun, dun, dun...what will she do?

And I have more interesting bits and filming sightings to share. I'll post it tomorrow. Ja, till then. I think I can sleep better tonight...=3
ah...kinda knew that the baby belongs to Sousuke and the fate of his character, bad guys always lose in the end, right? * you know for some reasons, i kinda had hoped the one who died would be either Takeru or Ruka...coz it'd totally make the whole thing more memorable. I know, that's evil of me after what they've been through, but i've a soft spot for people who sacrifice themselves haha xD* but i'm glad that this drama has at least happy ending. Thanks, ^^yuuki for the spoilers! :salut:

hanapyupyu

Post by hanapyupyu » Jun 10th, '08, 04:32

^Yuuki wrote:The manga has only the prologue so far. Chapter 1(the real story) should be out be the end of this month or early next.

SPOILER FOR EPISODE 11(BABY NEWS AND HINTS TO WHO DIES) SO DON'T CLICK UNLESS YOU WANNA BREATHE!!

Episode 11(chronology might not be as follow):
-"Michiru who lost an important person" makes an important decision.
-All-Japan Motocross competition. Ruka won. Those who came to support were her family, Takeru, Eri.
-There's a press conference for the win and a celebration(family, takeru, eri n coach)
-Takeru and his sister's issue will be revealed/resolved
-The starting scene in episode 1 isn't the end, there will be further continuation of it.
From another source(TV Guide):
-Ruka and the rest founds out about the real reason behind Michiru's news/decision.
-Ogurin gets transfered overseas for work. Going with his wife. Eri says good bye despite being heartbroken.
-Alone, Michiru moves to a house her mother has ay a city by the coast and gets a job there. And then found out that she's pregnant. She decides to keep the baby(Sosuke's) despite her mother's objection.
My comment:
With the lack of Sosuke being mentioned, the person who died is clear I think...but let's not open the champagne yet eh? Haha. The spoilers we know of ep10 is probably only the first half. What happened after Michiru goes to Sosuke's place will probably be the real climax. Sosuke will threaten the safety of the share house members to stop Michiru from leaving...dun, dun, dun...what will she do?

And I have more interesting bits and filming sightings to share. I'll post it tomorrow. Ja, till then. I think I can sleep better tonight...=3
Thanks for the spoilers ^Yuuki!
I'm glad that all the hints point towards Sousuke's death. I was really afraid for Ruka/Takeru. Sousuke is beyond redemption, as far as I'm concerned. Sousuke dying a painful death is the only satisfying ending for me! *evil laugh* :cussing:

Logically, there's no way Michiru can have this baby without crazy Sousuke constantly chasing at her heels, he'd be even more determined not to let her go when he finds out that is his baby. The fact that Michiru looked so calm in the first episode when she was reminiscing about the past tells me that she's not nervous about Sousuke's stalking anymore...just filled with regret about not being able to prevent tragedy from happening and not trying harder to understand people's hearts more. How will the confrontation between Michiru and Sousuke play out.....Sousuke threatens to harm more sharehouse members if Michiru doesn't return to their love nest, but Michiru shocks and trumps Sousuke by announcing she' carrying his baby and will abort it if he continues to harass Ruka/Takeru/Eri? Oooh, can't wait to see!

Well, it's about time this DV issue with Sousuke is resolved so that we can spend a bit more (and much needed) time on the other characters stories. Takeru and his creepy sister. Eri and spineless Ogurin. Ruka and her GID issue. Michiru and Ruka. Episode 11 will be Sousuke free, hopefully. :P It'll probably continue where the time jump began on episode 1 with Michiru at the coastal town by herself.

siutou_amy

Post by siutou_amy » Jun 10th, '08, 04:49

I think I might need a Ruka spin-off, anyone would agree??

:whistling:

Regarding the spoilers...
It is sort of disappointing that Sousuke is the one biting the dust. Not to be mean, but that was the first guess... non? How about the expected unexpected death? As much as I love Eri, and want to see her happy... her death would make me more of an emotional wreck than Sousuke. And call me nuts, but I love being an emotional wreck because of a show, so not even mentioning killing Takeru or Ruka.

hanapyupyu

Post by hanapyupyu » Jun 10th, '08, 05:08

mistery_priestess wrote:
sad_dumpling wrote: RYO is so LOVEABLE but SOUSUKE....
seriously. after wat he did to takeru and ruka i really really wanna hurt him :P
I understand you violent reaction and it's seriously no wonder XD but taking it more serious - you just want to do the same to him as what he does xD'' and calling violence "justice" xD
That's great to see the right thing, but we should try to understand why people would do bad things, and such a drama is a nice chance for analysing xD" Dramas have a big power to show us different points of view we normally are too angry to see xD" And in the form of Ryo isn't it easier to break our barriers XD?
Though I know many people just watch because it's a good fun and we can fall in love with characters XD" but I think it's even more fun to try to see something more from time to time ;D
But how do you know that people who are watching this show are not trying to figure out why Sousuke acts the way he does? The guy has issues - that everyone can see. He had a bad childhood and his actions probably stems from how his childhood shaped him to be and the emotional baggage he carries with him (fear of abandonment, mistrust of women etc.). I'd even go so far as to say that in Michiru, Sousuke is looking for a replacement Mother-nurturing figure, which he never had in his childhood. But this in itself is not enough to excuse Sousuke's violence and brutality towards Takeru and Ruka, nor his obssesive behaviour with Michiru. While it maybe be "disturbing" for you that people want to see Sousuke die, it is far more distubing for me to read comments from Ryo fangirls who go, "Ryo can hit me anytime if he marries me!" Eh? Talk about getting carried away by idolising a person. :blink

At the end of the day, people who do evil acts will always try to justify themselves and tell a pity story. Even murderers have mothers, and Hilter wasn't always a monster. The sick Austrian man who imprisoned his daughter in the basement for 24 years and repeatedly raped her, also had a shred of humanity left in him, didn't he? He wasn't a totally bad person, he even brought flowers and books for his second family. :roll But he is sick and pathetic, nonetheless. A classic example of someone using his power to dominate and have total control over someone else's life, an utterly selfish and self-centered act (hmm, where did I hear that before?). And no, I will not forgive such a person nor have sympathy for him. I guess I'm not Mother Teresa.

Sure, in terms of psychology, it's fascinating to study such characters if you can distance yourself from the real damage that they do to other people's lives. But as a viewer, we're supposed to watch the drama and *feel* something for the characters. If a drama fails to move the viewer and get us emotionally involved- be it anger, repulsion, joy, fear, sadness etc - then the drama is not a good one. We might as well be watching a documentary on DV instead.

I found your analysis of Takeru's character quite interesting though. He does seem more comfortable being in the sidelines than at the center of attention. And while he listens to everyone's problems and is very observant about people around him, he hides his own problems very well (only on the occasions where his sister shows up unexpectedly that you can see his cracks showing, and somehow Michiru is always there to notice it). I agree that Takeru is suffering from low self-esteem, he probably sees himself as a "damaged" person, even his cup has a crack to symbolize that. Takeru doesn't think that he deserves to have a normal, healthy relationship as a damaged person, until Ruka showed up that is. She made him feel worthy (Ruka told Takeru she enjoyed his company) and gave him hope that he finally found someone whom he can relate to, and can relate to him. The wall Takeru built around himself is as thick as Ruka's wall.

rulan

Post by rulan » Jun 10th, '08, 06:06

hanapyupyu: wow you read my mind. that's what i have been wanting to say but couldn't find the right words. from a psychological point of view this is a great drama to analyze but seriously it's a drama nevertheless. i mean i have done enough analyzing in my class i really don't want to do that on my free time. i was going to reply to mistery_priestess but i guess you did it for me. thanks.

seriously there are way too many crazy ryo fan-girls out there. there's even a video on youtube that shows only the emotional suffering of sousake how much he loves michiru. but they somehow managed to take out every single beatings he committed. If i hadn't watched all of last friends but only watched that video i would have felt sorry for him too. i guess that's why a lot of people stay in abusive relationship because they blind themselves and only see the good and not the bad. It's kinda like when michiru was imprisoned in sousake's apartment. she was like a robot that follow sousake's every command.

no matter what i still believe that sousake deserve everything that comes to him.

hey ^Yuuki: thanks for the spoilers now i can work normally again. today i barely talked to anyone at work because I was soo pissed off. well that and because my coworkers are annoying. anyway thanks for the great news.
Currently Watching: Last Friends and Catch Me Now.
Currently in Love with Ueno Juri :wub: and working on a mv dedicated to her.
Last Friends MV - Baby Don't Go
MV on Veoh
MV on Youtube

siutou_amy

Post by siutou_amy » Jun 10th, '08, 07:10

Guys, I have officially Last Friends'ed 3 people. Haha xD
My dad, my friend... and her cousin are STUCK watching this show!

sarah117

Post by sarah117 » Jun 10th, '08, 07:16

siutou_amy wrote:Guys, I have officially Last Friends'ed 3 people. Haha xD
hahaha.. good job~!! :thumleft: :thumleft:

p/s: i'm relieved now, thanx for the spoilers!! lol
SNSD / Girls Generation
We are nothing without 9~!!

avieamber
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by avieamber » Jun 10th, '08, 08:33

siutou_amy wrote:Guys, I have officially Last Friends'ed 3 people. Haha xD
i'm gonna convert my coursemates when i go back uni next month haha xD :cheers:

^Yuuki

Post by ^Yuuki » Jun 10th, '08, 13:02

hanapyupyu wrote: Sure, in terms of psychology, it's fascinating to study such characters if you can distance yourself from the real damage that they do to other people's lives. But as a viewer, we're supposed to watch the drama and *feel* something for the characters. If a drama fails to move the viewer and get us emotionally involved- be it anger, repulsion, joy, fear, sadness etc - then the drama is not a good one. We might as well be watching a documentary on DV instead.
Nicely said. Speaking of 'feeling', this drama is at the top of the game for making us feel so many types of emotions in one sitting. When it's happy, you can't help but laugh or smile along with the characters. And when it's sad, you can just feel your own tears pooling with the character's(especially Juri-chan's). When Sosuke kicks someone, you feel like kicking him(like in my siggy~)...Isn't that what an awesome show is? That said, let's hope the SP won't be a documentary. I don't mind if it's a behind the scene/interviews/making. Just give us more Juri, Eita, Masami, Asami and heck, even Ryo~

Here's the extra bits I promised yesterday. They're more rumors than the real thing but I can' help but lol @ some...
Other info:
1. Takeru starts losing sense of himself
2. Might have a flashback to happenings few years back
3. Mug cups and the OP are important hints

Recent filming sightings(posted on 2ch):
1. Ruka and 3 guys...(this is where the rape rumours came from, the Sosuke one was unexpected)
2. Wedding scene. Ruka wearing a suit, also has Takeru and Eri...(LOL, you guys can start imagining with the pictures I posted below...maybe she went to the shoot with those clothes on. HAHA.)
3. Takeru and a bar scene
4. Michiru running desperately in the park
5. Michiru and Sosuke at Choshi and Kisarazu cities
6. Ruka at Kujuukuri(at Chiba)(could just be ueno juri filming for other stuff)
7. A little kid playing bumps into a pregnant Michiru just arriving at the park
8. Kishimoto family except Ruka filming
Yahoo! FASHION ウェブマガジン「ShORTY」 Vol10

Rocking the 'alternative' wear~ Hot and cool~ :wub:
You can read the magazine here:
http://fashion.yahoo.co.jp/magazine/sho ... ho001.html

magicmusic

Post by magicmusic » Jun 10th, '08, 13:24

Yuuki, what are you doing to me?! Those pics are WAY too hot to show to a sexually-frustrated lesbian ;)

^Yuuki

Post by ^Yuuki » Jun 10th, '08, 13:47

magicmusic wrote:Yuuki, what are you doing to me?! Those pics are WAY too hot to show to a sexually-frustrated lesbian ;)
Wow, the stuff I do even with the distance separating us~ Imagine if I was there...;)

LOL. Oops, it's all my new wallpaper's fault~ :mrgreen:

magicmusic

Post by magicmusic » Jun 10th, '08, 13:53

^Yuuki wrote:
magicmusic wrote:Yuuki, what are you doing to me?! Those pics are WAY too hot to show to a sexually-frustrated lesbian ;)
Wow, the stuff I do even with the distance separating us~ Imagine if I was there...;)

I wanna tear that jacket off her!!! :wub:

rulan

Post by rulan » Jun 10th, '08, 14:04

sexually-frustrated eh? somehow i don't doubt that when it comes to juri ueno. let's make a fan club for all those currently suffering from being madly in love with her. i'll join if there are :wub: .

^Yuuki: you're an awesome contributor to this forum with all your pics and spoilers.
magicmusic wrote:I wanna tear that jacket off her!!! :wub:
now now let's be rational. she has fan-girls too you know. they might attack you if you do that. but if it's only fun loving then i'll gladly watch :whistling:.
MV on Veoh
MV on Youtube

avieamber
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by avieamber » Jun 10th, '08, 14:11

OMG...LOL :blink :blink

i have to say...the fashion sense is kinda weird. :scratch: I laughed when i saw the pants!

thanx ^^yuuki btw. :cheers:

magicmusic

Post by magicmusic » Jun 10th, '08, 14:12

rulan wrote:
sexually-frustrated eh? somehow i don't doubt that when it comes to juri ueno. let's make a fan club for all those currently suffering from being madly in love with her. i'll join if there are :wub: .

^Yuuki: you're an awesome contributor to this forum with all your pics and spoilers.
magicmusic wrote:I wanna tear that jacket off her!!! :wub:
now now let's be rational. she has fan-girls too you know. they might attack you if you do that. but if it's only fun loving then i'll gladly watch :whistling:.
Let's start a "Lesbians in Love with Ruka" group :wub: Cuz, honestly...if I were Michiru..

TokyoJuice

Post by TokyoJuice » Jun 10th, '08, 14:20

rulan wrote:

I'll join, too - Yay!
The currently suffering from being sexually-frustrated & madly in love with JURI - fan club!! :roll

And, yes, ^Yuuki you are the BEST! :cheers:

EDIT: Woah! magicmusic, you stole my idea xDD LOL.
EDIT2: Yeah, not exactly the same fanclub-name but meee~~ xP
Last edited by TokyoJuice on Jun 10th, '08, 14:26, edited 2 times in total.
平 気 な 顔 で 嘘 を つ い て

sleepyzzz

Post by sleepyzzz » Jun 10th, '08, 14:22

Wow! Those pictures (minus the magazine cover one) took my breath away! I love the one with the heels and the last one!!! OK - count me in the club!! ahahahaha
Yasashii sekai...ramblings on my favourite J-dramas/yuri anime & manga
Currently crazy about: K-ON!!, Hard to Say I Love You, Girl Friends and Angel Beats :wub:

^Yuuki

Post by ^Yuuki » Jun 10th, '08, 14:22

magicmusic wrote: Let's start a "Lesbians in Love with Ruka" group :wub: Cuz, honestly...if I were Michiru..
LOL. I think you're mistaken. EVERYONE LOVES Ruka/Juri. Straight, gay, lesbian, bisexual, transgendered, asexual...old, young, male, female, intersex... :wub:
magicmusic wrote:I wanna tear that jacket off her!!!
I bet that's what Sosuke was thinking...gyah~ She even attracts psychos~

And it's my pleasure to pleasure everyone here~ :mrgreen:

P/S; Oh yeah, I have a feeling Michiru would jump on the bandwagon sooner or later... 8)

Hanazawa Rui

Post by Hanazawa Rui » Jun 10th, '08, 14:36

MINAAAAAA can any1 plzzzz tell me where can i find >>>>>> Image interview

arigato
DeVOtioN

TokyoJuice

Post by TokyoJuice » Jun 10th, '08, 14:41

@ Hanazawa Rui: It's from Waratte Iitomo Haru Special 2008 :thumright:
平 気 な 顔 で 嘘 を つ い て

Hanazawa Rui

Post by Hanazawa Rui » Jun 10th, '08, 14:46

TokyoJuice : thnxxxxxxxxxxxxx alot :w00t: :w00t: :w00t:
DeVOtioN

^Yuuki

Post by ^Yuuki » Jun 10th, '08, 15:00

More pic spam. =3

Official website have been updated with pictures from episode 9:
And the Last Friends Another photo album HAVE NOT updated the 6th batch of pictures yet: http://www.fujitv.co.jp/lastfriends/another/photo.html
But I manage to get em' anyway, heheh. :mrgreen:

Ahh~ How can I forget that it was Juri's birthday when they filmed that?? They were wearing the same clothes as the donuts pic~ I guess it means they were really celebrating huh? ^^ (I prefer these than the ones above obviously~)

2muchsoda

Post by 2muchsoda » Jun 10th, '08, 15:08

Can't wait for ep10! Damn! The story is damn good & i real kinda passionate to what gonna happen to Ruka. :argue: :cussing:
Attachments
5b6153f945385355252df2e9.jpg
5b6153f945385355252df2e9.jpg (246.47 KiB) Viewed 1440 times
20080525-2008_05250004.jpg
20080525-2008_05250004.jpg (28.75 KiB) Viewed 1440 times

Salz

Post by Salz » Jun 10th, '08, 15:13

thanks so much for the pics ^Yuuki^^
now u save me a lot of time from saving and cropping the pic myself^^

^Yuuki

Post by ^Yuuki » Jun 10th, '08, 16:27

Salz wrote:thanks so much for the pics ^Yuuki^^
now u save me a lot of time from saving and cropping the pic myself^^
Oh, you've been doing that...? If you wanna know an easier way, just PM me. We're almost at the end though. ^^;

News - Last Friends got no.1 again in another ranking by Oricon Style.
The drama that gives you the highest satisfaction level:
2008年春
満足度
1,ラスト・フレンズ(フジテレビ系) 75.4点
2 ROOKIES(TBS系) 74.6点
3 Around40~注文の多いオンナたち~(TBS系) 71.8点
4 ごくせん(日本テレビ系) 68.3点
5 7人の女弁护士(テレビ朝日系) 68.2点
6 おせん(日本テレビ系) 67.6点
7 绝対彼氏(フジテレビ系) 67.0点
8 CHANGE(フジテレビ系) 66.0点
9 パズル(テレビ朝日系) 65.2点
10 キミ犯人じゃないよね?(テレビ朝日系) 64.点
http://www.oricon.co.jp/ranking/drama/08_2Q_2.html
:cheers:

Salz

Post by Salz » Jun 10th, '08, 16:33

owh there is easier way???
well it already going to end so maybe just wait for ur contribution for next pics if it dun bother u^^

fifimimi

Post by fifimimi » Jun 10th, '08, 16:45

count me in..I wanna join the club...a hetrosexual girl whose still managed to fall (head over heels) for Ruka!!!
Top doramas: Pride, Nodame Cantabile, Galileo, Majo no Jouken, Tokyo Tower, Karei naru Ichizoku, Bijo ka Yajuu

sarah117

Post by sarah117 » Jun 10th, '08, 17:34

^Yuuki wrote:News - Last Friends got no.1 again in another ranking by Oricon Style.
The drama that gives you the highest satisfaction level:
2008年春
満足度
1,ラスト・フレンズ(フジテレビ系) 75.4点
2 ROOKIES(TBS系) 74.6点
3 Around40~注文の多いオンナたち~(TBS系) 71.8点
4 ごくせん(日本テレビ系) 68.3点
5 7人の女弁护士(テレビ朝日系) 68.2点
6 おせん(日本テレビ系) 67.6点
7 绝対彼氏(フジテレビ系) 67.0点
8 CHANGE(フジテレビ系) 66.0点
9 パズル(テレビ朝日系) 65.2点
10 キミ犯人じゃないよね?(テレビ朝日系) 64.点
http://www.oricon.co.jp/ranking/drama/08_2Q_2.html
:cheers:
waaa, sugoooiiii... :w00t: :w00t:

but what are the other dramas? i can only spot Rookies and Around 40. lol
SNSD / Girls Generation
We are nothing without 9~!!

GiGichan

Post by GiGichan » Jun 10th, '08, 18:04

No idea if anyone has said this before (I still have 20+ pages to go back and read) x.x but my prediction for episode 10 is...
that sosuke is going to succeed or try to rape ruka and she'll kill him as a result of that (personally I think she'll kill him before he does it). Thinking about it I don't think sosuke is strictly the murdering type but rather wants to attack people who get in his way by hurting them in whatever way he thinks it'll cause them the most pain. Ruka would GLADLY die to protect michiru so if he killed her it wouldn't really be punishing her but since he knows she doesn't like men like that, raping her would probably be one of the worst things he could do to her. I wonder how long it has been since sosuke supposedly raped michiru because it's weird that she seems to have no symptoms of being pregnant and doesn't seem to notice at all...unless it has only been like 3 weeks or something
Wouldn't it be so weird if Ruka became pregnant with sosuke's baby >_> <_< (that'd be too soap opera-ish I think lol)

Sano-kun

Post by Sano-kun » Jun 10th, '08, 18:56

Last Friends OST is on sale today.

http://www.emimusic.jp/foozay/last_friends/

I really want to hear the full tracks of:

Prisoner Of Love (Instrumental Version)
アイコール・ユアネーム 

namie

Post by namie » Jun 10th, '08, 18:59

^Yuuki wrote:
hanapyupyu wrote:

Here's the extra bits I promised yesterday. They're more rumors than the real thing but I can' help but lol @ some...
Other info:
1. Takeru starts losing sense of himself
2. Might have a flashback to happenings few years back
3. Mug cups and the OP are important hints

Recent filming sightings(posted on 2ch):
1. Ruka and 3 guys...(this is where the rape rumours came from, the Sosuke one was unexpected)
2. Wedding scene. Ruka wearing a suit, also has Takeru and Eri...(LOL, you guys can start imagining with the pictures I posted below...maybe she went to the shoot with those clothes on. HAHA.)
3. Takeru and a bar scene
4. Michiru running desperately in the park
5. Michiru and Sosuke at Choshi and Kisarazu cities
6. Ruka at Kujuukuri(at Chiba)(could just be ueno juri filming for other stuff)
7. A little kid playing bumps into a pregnant Michiru just arriving at the park
8. Kishimoto family except Ruka filming
wedding scene????? Ruka wearing a suit?? Who will marry who??? :goggle:

bmwracer

Post by bmwracer » Jun 10th, '08, 19:07

^Yuuki wrote:
magicmusic wrote: Let's start a "Lesbians in Love with Ruka" group :wub: Cuz, honestly...if I were Michiru..
LOL. I think you're mistaken. EVERYONE LOVES Ruka/Juri. Straight, gay, lesbian, bisexual, transgendered, asexual...old, young, male, female, intersex... :wub:
LOL, you guys need to take a cold shower... Maybe an ICE cold shower... :lol
If you need me to seed Ueno Juri-chan or Yonekura Ryoko-chan stuff, please PM me. :salut:

siutou_amy

Post by siutou_amy » Jun 10th, '08, 19:27

^Yuuki wrote:

Yuuki is too awesome. Thanks for the awesome photos, actually I really quite like them all. You've all turned me into a Juri-chan fan (because I saw Nodame after reading so much about it) - and my dad is also a Juri-chan fan hahaha.
Does any of you said wtf in that photo of Ogurin on the bathtub, with Eri holding a poison bottle?? LOL and the photo after that... Eri looking so evil!! xD

QNSpider

Post by QNSpider » Jun 10th, '08, 21:43

After watching episode 9... I wonder...

...do the authority in Japan suck that much? They don't even bother with them. lol
惡作劇之吻II
Endless Love :whistling:

cam169

Post by cam169 » Jun 10th, '08, 22:15

QNSpider wrote:After watching episode 9... I wonder...

...do the authority in Japan suck that much? They don't even bother with them. lol
I was thinking about the same thing. Why don't they go to the police or sue Sosuke or whatsoever...

avieamber
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by avieamber » Jun 11th, '08, 00:15

Does any of you said wtf in that photo of Ogurin on the bathtub, with Eri holding a poison bottle?? LOL and the photo after that... Eri looking so evil!! xD
yeah...how come we don't have those scenes? :scratch: Or are they just doing it for fun?[/quote]

GoddessCarlie

Post by GoddessCarlie » Jun 11th, '08, 01:24

maybe the "wedding" scene is really a funeral scene. That's why people are wearing suits. Just a thought.

rulan

Post by rulan » Jun 11th, '08, 03:34

bmwracer wrote:
^Yuuki wrote:
hehe tell me about it. i didn't know that so many people wanted to join the sexually-frustrated/madly in love with/tear off her shirt Ruka-chan fan club. ok so who wants make a website/shrine dedicated to her? i'm currently trying to create my first music video of her so i'll be kinda busy.
MV on Veoh
MV on Youtube

SithSylar

Post by SithSylar » Jun 11th, '08, 03:42

Sano-kun wrote:Last Friends OST is on sale today.

http://www.emimusic.jp/foozay/last_friends/

I really want to hear the full tracks of:

Prisoner Of Love (Instrumental Version)
アイコール・ユアネーム 
Thanks so much for that. I already preordered the Soundtrack from cd japan ^^ it should be on the way to Australia now ^^. I am so looking forward to the Instrumental version to. Damn i hate waiting :cry:

ashton

Post by ashton » Jun 11th, '08, 03:46

rulan wrote:
bmwracer wrote:
^Yuuki wrote: LOL. I think you're mistaken. EVERYONE LOVES Ruka/Juri. Straight, gay, lesbian, bisexual, transgendered, asexual...old, young, male, female, intersex... :wub:
hehe tell me about it. i didn't know that so many people wanted to join the sexually-frustrated/madly in love with/tear off her shirt Ruka-chan fan club. ok so who wants make a website/shrine dedicated to her? i'm currently trying to create my first music video of her so i'll be kinda busy.

I'd probably qualify for membership to that club, even though i'm content just ogling. Seriously though, i totally love the way she's rocking the boyish look, but my eyes nearly popped out of my head when i saw her in that skirt and heels outfit. It's an awesome picture- both from a photographic and an omg-she's-gorgeous perspective.

I do love the show, but i have to admit that i wouldn't have started watching it if it weren't Ueno Juri and her character.

KCfan

Post by KCfan » Jun 11th, '08, 04:06

As a girl, I always felt a little weird that I found Ruka attractive in an interesting way, but I'm glad I'm not the only one! :lol Lol... she totally sports the boyish look well. I think I'm going to miss it when she grows her hair out again.

mahirghari

Post by mahirghari » Jun 11th, '08, 06:21

I just wanted to say that If were to ever meet Nishikido Ryo in real life, full well knowing that he's just "acting" in Last Friends, If I were to meet him I'd just murder him, cold blooded. I don't believe anyone deserves to die, anyone. But that psychopath has just reached my last nerve at the end of episode 9 and I'm gonna make it a mission that Nishikido Ryo never gets to act again and is placed into solitary confinement for ever being born.

avieamber
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by avieamber » Jun 11th, '08, 06:50

mahirghari wrote:I just wanted to say that If were to ever meet Nishikido Ryo in real life, full well knowing that he's just "acting" in Last Friends, If I were to meet him I'd just murder him, cold blooded. I don't believe anyone deserves to die, anyone. But that psychopath has just reached my last nerve at the end of episode 9 and I'm gonna make it a mission that Nishikido Ryo never gets to act again and is placed into solitary confinement for ever being born.
:blink xD

son2

Post by son2 » Jun 11th, '08, 07:01

mahirghari wrote:I just wanted to say that If were to ever meet Nishikido Ryo in real life, full well knowing that he's just "acting" in Last Friends, If I were to meet him I'd just murder him, cold blooded. I don't believe anyone deserves to die, anyone. But that psychopath has just reached my last nerve at the end of episode 9 and I'm gonna make it a mission that Nishikido Ryo never gets to act again and is placed into solitary confinement for ever being born.
wow :goggle: wow

Salz

Post by Salz » Jun 11th, '08, 07:12

lol :blink
u should know to differentiate between acting and real life lol....
Ryo is Ryo and Sousuke is Sousuke....
no need to target the actor...he just doing his job following the script :pale:

rulan

Post by rulan » Jun 11th, '08, 07:14

yikes...let's not take this too far. ryo the actor is just acting so no need to be so harsh on the guy. :sweat:
MV on Veoh
MV on Youtube

hanapyupyu

Post by hanapyupyu » Jun 11th, '08, 07:24

ashton wrote:
rulan wrote:
bmwracer wrote: LOL, you guys need to take a cold shower... Maybe an ICE cold shower... :lol

I'd probably qualify for membership to that club, even though i'm content just ogling. Seriously though, i totally love the way she's rocking the boyish look, but my eyes nearly popped out of my head when i saw her in that skirt and heels outfit. It's an awesome picture- both from a photographic and an omg-she's-gorgeous perspective.

I do love the show, but i have to admit that i wouldn't have started watching it if it weren't Ueno Juri and her character.
LOL, I agree with ya'll on all counts! She turns on gays (Takeru - what? without Ruka, he'll never be straightened out! :mrgreen:), psychos, lesbians, straights, fangirls and fanboys (hey, we mustn't forget them too) !! :lol :thumleft:

So sign me up for the GLBTS (have i missed anything out? :mrgreen: ) in Love with Juri Brigade! :lol Juri is just so striking and gorgeous with her short hair. If Juri were a bit taller, she'd make for a great model because her looks are very distinct/sharp and she has such expressive eyes. (Then again, Japanese girls are generally shorter so she may be considered tall over there.) Usually, I just like female stars, but am not personally attracted to them - you know, being a straight girl and all, lol - but Juri's charm as Ruka has made me question my own sexuality for a bit....hahaha....she's just so attractive. I can't explain it....gahhh. :wub:

mahirghari : Dude, calm down. It's only acting. :lol

mahirghari

Post by mahirghari » Jun 11th, '08, 12:52

LOL :lol

Okay, I took it a bit too far. But I will give Ryo props on his acting, it is superb, no one does a psycho better than him. I wouldn't kill him, but I'd at least try to see him be treated with caution from now on.

TokyoJuice

Post by TokyoJuice » Jun 11th, '08, 13:07

hanapyupyu wrote:LOL, I agree with ya'll on all counts! She turns on gays (Takeru - what? without Ruka, he'll never be straightened out! :mrgreen:), psychos, lesbians, straights, fangirls and fanboys (hey, we mustn't forget them too) !! :lol :thumleft:

So sign me up for the GLBTS (have i missed anything out? :mrgreen: ) in Love with Juri Brigade! :lol Juri is just so striking and gorgeous with her short hair. If Juri were a bit taller, she'd make for a great model because her looks are very distinct/sharp and she has such expressive eyes. (Then again, Japanese girls are generally shorter so she may be considered tall over there.) Usually, I just like female stars, but am not personally attracted to them - you know, being a straight girl and all, lol - but Juri's charm as Ruka has made me question my own sexuality for a bit....hahaha....she's just so attractive. I can't explain it....gahhh. :wub:
OMG! That's it! That's it!!
I have to admit that I thought about that, too! I mean, wth is going on? I never felt/thought like this before... And I can't explain it either... aaaah! That's really depressing. :faint:

Oh, and Juri would be a great model IMO <3
平 気 な 顔 で 嘘 を つ い て

bmwracer

Post by bmwracer » Jun 11th, '08, 13:46

mahirghari wrote:But I will give Ryo props on his acting, it is superb, no one does a psycho better than him.
I think you're giving him too much credit... His character is totally dimensionless. I suppose if he were playing The Terminator, it would be fine, but the dude's a human being... Sort of.

You gotta blame the writer(s) for making him this way... I wish I knew what their intent was, but the character's a joke, just mainly there to propagate the (gratuitous) DV theme.

If anything, this part of the entire drama falls completely flat.
If you need me to seed Ueno Juri-chan or Yonekura Ryoko-chan stuff, please PM me. :salut:

^Yuuki

Post by ^Yuuki » Jun 11th, '08, 14:16

TokyoJuice wrote:
hanapyupyu wrote:LOL, I agree with ya'll on all counts! She turns on gays (Takeru - what? without Ruka, he'll never be straightened out! :mrgreen:), psychos, lesbians, straights, fangirls and fanboys (hey, we mustn't forget them too) !! :lol :thumleft:

OMG! That's it! That's it!!
I have to admit that I thought about that, too! I mean, wth is going on? I never felt/thought like this before... And I can't explain it either... aaaah! That's really depressing. :faint:

Oh, and Juri would be a great model IMO <3
Haha, I think it's both the mixture of boyish and girlish parts of Ruka that we like. About Takeru...his 'gaydar' probably tingled when he saw Ruka. Lol. Explains his attraction~ ;)

I translated a part of an article/interview with Last Friend's screenplay writer, Asano Taeko(the one behind the awesome writing and character we love). I like how the conception of the characters came to be. It was mostly influenced by the actors themselves. ^^

-Why did you say that after seeing the actors, your image of the characters blossoms into what they are now?

When I saw them, what I felt was I wanted to draw out all the best aspects about them, it gave me a goal I guess. That's why, for me, instead of being directed at myself a real compliment would be if people say "those characters truly feel as if they exist", something like that. Also, I think the biggest compliment would be being able to bring out the true essence of the actors to its maximum.

-For example, how did the actors' image itself influences the character creation?

An example would be Sosuke acted by Nishikido-kun, at first in order to have Michiru escape and finds safety in the share house, we needed a DV guy. At first, I thought to just have him as nothing more than a symbolic character. But when I saw Nishikido-kun's face...(laughs). Somehow, I felt some kind of sadness. That's how it became a kind of love story as well. In other words to portray something like, "Even when one loves another, DV still happens". That kind of story exists out of meeting Nishikido-kun.

-Anything when it comes to Ueno-san?

Yeah. About Juri-chan, when I first saw a movie called "Niji no Megami"(Rainbow Song,2006), I thought to myself, "She can play a role with Gender Identity Disorder". So, when she actually did this character, I thought it was perfect.
As for Takeru's actor, Eita-kun, when I met him, it was similar as the image I had for the drama, a little feminine kind of feeling(laughs). He seemed really gentle. That part of him is really nice and so I tried to incorporate it into the character. And for Masami-chan, she's always smiling and laughing, the type of girl that really tries to take care of others, so I tried to bring out that side of her.

-------------
I have yet to see Rainbow Song...but I wonder what made her link Juri and GID together...^^; But I guess she must have had a say in the casting of the characters if that's the case. We gotta thank her for seeing what we're only beginning to see and gush about. :thumleft: About Eita, I'm not surprised. He does give off a warm Takeru feeling~ ^^

Preview from MonoMax June:
Looks like some unseen before pics from the Kaze to rock shoot.

TokyoJuice

Post by TokyoJuice » Jun 11th, '08, 15:04

Wow @ Taeko Asano O__O
Thank you, ^Yuuki!
平 気 な 顔 で 嘘 を つ い て

magicmusic

Post by magicmusic » Jun 11th, '08, 15:28

More hot pictures of Juri...more straight girls being converted...this is why I LOVE "Last Friends!" :whistling:

^Yuuki

Post by ^Yuuki » Jun 11th, '08, 16:39

magicmusic wrote:More hot pictures of Juri...more straight girls being converted...this is why I LOVE "Last Friends!" :whistling:
Lol. I think you should find this next part of the interview interesting then. Too bad my Japanese ain't that up to par yet to be able to fully convey what Asano Taeko says. But I appreciate the honesty in her replies. Below are just some of what I summarized and manage to translate from this page:

Some other interesting parts of the interview talks about Gender Identity Disorder, Lesbian and in between, there's the 'Grey Zone'. Talking with the producers and all[even when they don't really understand fully about the exact difference], they decided on GID. One of the reason was because it was kinda a success when Ueto Aya played a character like that in 3-nen-B-gumi Kinpachi-sensei. Also because when people hear GID, it equals a deep problem(nayami which is the 'keyword' in the drama). She knows it might just seem like a 'straight' pov, but she thinks that GID allows Ruka to express more facets of her character and problems than being a lesbian would. Despite what is being labeled and promoted to the public, for her, Ruka still is a person that belongs in the grey zone and can't exactly be put into a category. Like how Takeru is. Humans comes in shades of grey.

Interviewer: At first, when watching Ruka being so 'in love' when it comes to Michiru, everyone thinks she's a lesbian. You seriously didn't think of making her one?

Asano: At first when I show my script, they were like, "Aren't this a lesbian story?(laugh). Why can't we just go with her being a lesbian?" was the immediate reaction(laugh). But somehow, being a drama, we still need to 'appeal' to the public in general so the proper word of choice is needed. That's why we remained with GID. (Lol. This whole answer can be summarised with "So what if we're masking the gayness with GID?" They did do research, read/watch videos and stuff on it though.)

Interviewer: Even from the start, Ruka doesn't refer to herself as 'ore' or 'boku', so we thought she's just a boyish lesbian. Why does she use 'atashi' and 'watashi' instead?

Asano: That's right. If she uses 'ore' it'll be problematic wouldn't it? The average television viewer would probably wonder if Ruka is uncomfortable being herself and we wanted to avoid that probably. There's no real thought about that. Right now, Ruka is extremely popular. Viewers that don't have the same issue as her can also understand her feelings and feel her emotions. That, I believe has nothing to do with her simply calling herself 'watashi'. (Yes, it has everything to do with Ueno Juri~)

TokyoJuice

Post by TokyoJuice » Jun 11th, '08, 17:11

And again: Wow!

Thanks, ^Yuuki!
You should post the translations in the LJ-community. That would be great <3
平 気 な 顔 で 嘘 を つ い て

kimsei

Post by kimsei » Jun 11th, '08, 17:14

I am sorry I just have to vent a little bit. I like the drama but there are things that (*&^% off for example, if they all know that Sousuke is a psycho why they don't call the police or try any preventive measures. What about when Takeru gets his behind handed back to him, where are the police? Taking a break? At the same time, I know that doing thing like calling the police goes against the plot of the story but still. The last thing that ticked me off was Ruka going over to the psychopath's home, Come on, Come on. I know. I know. It is only a drama and I should recognize it for what it is but still can we have some common sense here. I am staring to get a negative image of Japanese families and how they manage these types of things.

namie

Post by namie » Jun 11th, '08, 17:32

Where is the OST? It will be out today,right? :D

hanapyupyu

Post by hanapyupyu » Jun 11th, '08, 17:55

bmwracer wrote:
mahirghari wrote:But I will give Ryo props on his acting, it is superb, no one does a psycho better than him.
I think you're giving him too much credit... His character is totally dimensionless. I suppose if he were playing The Terminator, it would be fine, but the dude's a human being... Sort of.

You gotta blame the writer(s) for making him this way... I wish I knew what their intent was, but the character's a joke, just mainly there to propagate the (gratuitous) DV theme.

I totally agree on this. If Sousuke had been fleshed out better, showing us more layers of him as a person and not just brought out for the DV scenes, with a couple of random scenes here and there interacting with that boy to show his "contradiction", then at least i'd find his character more interesting. As it is, Sousuke is a stereotype DV machine (bmw, the terminator is a good comparison LOL - you can run and you can hide, and you can even try to beat him down but he just gets up and comes at you again and again and again!). The writers made the DV angle a convenient plot device to spike the ratings, and Sousuke's character is merely to serve that purpose of dishing out the violence when needed. He's the least rounded character in Last Friends and I find him annoyingly one dimensional and predictable.

^Yuuki - appreciate your hard work with the translations. :) So the writers had deliberated whether to make Ruka a lesbian or GID. I'd wish they'd gone with lesbianism, (even though I heard that lesbians usually get a bad ending of dying in jdramas/mangas) because like someone here said before, Ruka being a lesbian female motorcross driver in love with her best friend is much hotter than being a man trapped in a woman's body. Oh well, either way, Ruka is hot.

^Yuuki

Post by ^Yuuki » Jun 11th, '08, 18:44

hanapyupyu wrote: ^Yuuki - appreciate your hard work with the translations. :) So the writers had deliberated whether to make Ruka a lesbian or GID. I'd wish they'd gone with lesbianism, (even though I heard that lesbians usually get a bad ending of dying in jdramas/mangas) because like someone here said before, Ruka being a lesbian female motorcross driver in love with her best friend is much hotter than being a man trapped in a woman's body. Oh well, either way, Ruka is hot.
Well, there's only 1 writer. But the producer seem to have quite some say on where the story goes of course. I just read the first page on the interview and seems like they started on this drama with only the 2 main characters and setting for them. One being a victim of DV and the other with GID issue(pretty obvious they were gonna make a big sad love drama outta it, haha). Masami and Juri both agreed on the role. After that only Asami joined. Then there was suggestion to make it into a story about 3 women. Lol. Imagine the possibilities with Ruka in the middle...*nosebleeds* I think Takeru's character must have been added last because they were being pushed to add more male characters. Eheh.

Here's some new spoilerific scans for you...be glad if you can't read it and just enjoy the first pic...^^;
I stopped after reading Sosuke's part...let's just say that what I said in my previous spoiler comment, I'm not so sure anymore...>_< Taeko Asano should stop playing with our hearts.

The Television 14.6-20.6

bmwracer

Post by bmwracer » Jun 11th, '08, 19:18

hanapyupyu wrote:
bmwracer wrote:

I totally agree on this. If Sousuke had been fleshed out better, showing us more layers of him as a person and not just brought out for the DV scenes, with a couple of random scenes here and there interacting with that boy to show his "contradiction", then at least i'd find his character more interesting. As it is, Sousuke is a stereotype DV machine (bmw, the terminator is a good comparison LOL - you can run and you can hide, and you can even try to beat him down but he just gets up and comes at you again and again and again!). The writers made the DV angle a convenient plot device to spike the ratings, and Sousuke's character is merely to serve that purpose of dishing out the violence when needed. He's the least rounded character in Last Friends and I find him annoyingly one dimensional and predictable.
Exactly. The writer's haven't done crap to humanize this psycho other than to pair him up in some canned scenes with the little kid... I mean, for all we know, Sosuke's a pedophile as well... :sweat:

To beat a dead horse, they should've dropped Sosuke and the DV thing from the get-go and focused entirely on each of the characters angst... It would've made it a more satisfying and thought-provoking drama rather than a cliffhanger-laden, ratings grab that it's become... :(

ferno

Post by ferno » Jun 11th, '08, 19:50

i cant wait for the next episode. i just saw previews on keyhole tv and it is comin on at 10:40pm or around there tonight. That means that I have to wake up at 9:30 tomorrow. Shoot me lol but ill wake up to watch this lol

Iatheia

Post by Iatheia » Jun 11th, '08, 20:39

*cries*

My computer was acting up and I sent it to the repair. And my mom doesn't let me to install any software on hers. The same goes with downloading... My only hope is for YouTube right now...

minigoo

Post by minigoo » Jun 11th, '08, 23:45

does anyone have the instrumental version of POV them song. can share here?

also i dunno how to post a pic here, but i really want to know where to buy this: ruka's bag that is always carrying on her when she goes out and her cool watch.

anyone know what brand and where to buy?

fayenatic

Post by fayenatic » Jun 11th, '08, 23:55

bmwracer wrote:
hanapyupyu wrote:
bmwracer wrote: I think you're giving him too much credit... His character is totally dimensionless. I suppose if he were playing The Terminator, it would be fine, but the dude's a human being... Sort of.

Exactly. The writer's haven't done crap to humanize this psycho other than to pair him up in some canned scenes with the little kid... I mean, for all we know, Sosuke's a pedophile as well... :sweat:

To beat a dead horse, they should've dropped Sosuke and the DV thing from the get-go and focused entirely on each of the characters angst... It would've made it a more satisfying and thought-provoking drama rather than a cliffhanger-laden, ratings grab that it's become... :(

Uhm actually, I think Sousuke's contradiction is pretty self explanatory. He works for anti-violence yet he commits it himself.
Image Image

bmwracer

Post by bmwracer » Jun 12th, '08, 00:30

fayenatic wrote:
bmwracer wrote:
hanapyupyu wrote:

Uhm actually, I think Sousuke's contradiction is pretty self explanatory. He works for anti-violence yet he commits it himself.
But is that all there is to him? No explanation as to why? Are the viewers just supposed to accept it and that's it?

That's pretty weak writing.

Daiichu

Post by Daiichu » Jun 12th, '08, 01:05

bmwracer wrote:
fayenatic wrote:
bmwracer wrote: Exactly. The writer's haven't done crap to humanize this psycho other than to pair him up in some canned scenes with the little kid... I mean, for all we know, Sosuke's a pedophile as well... :sweat:

But is that all there is to him? No explanation as to why? Are the viewers just supposed to accept it and that's it?

That's pretty weak writing.

i agree...."weak writing" indeed. when i first started the series i thought for sure they were going to touch up on sousuke's past as to why he ended up like that, especially because they incorporated a small boy who was being abused by his mother into a few scenes with sousuke. perhaps that was hinting to the fact that sousuke was abused as a child, and so that's why he abuses others: for power or something...but really, it's a very weak "hint" off and they should at least go into more detail! it's sad because japanese dramas only consist of like 11 episodes...and i doubt they'd be able to cram as much as we want into the last 2.

i guess i'll put the rest as spoilers? i dont know. forgive me for my bakaness.
[spoiler]
i mean, what about takeru's past? we know he has some kind of phobia toward sex or whatever, but really, can't you go into more detail? i feel like they waste a lot of time on certain story points...and how about eri? wasn't there some sort of storyline about her being processed in one of the episodes? it's like they start a deep storyline for each side character and then never touch up on it again...

this is just my personal opinion, really. i hope i don't offend anyone with it, but it just ticks me off because i find that this drama had so much potential! i still enjoy watching it, of course, ESPECIALLY that last abuse scene in episode 9...compared to the DV scenes with masami, i found this one to be far more convincing. mainly because juri and ryo looked as if they were *really* beating the crap out of each other.[/spoiler]

fayenatic

Post by fayenatic » Jun 12th, '08, 01:20

if you think about it, theres really so much the writer can do within 11 brief episodes. you can't expect the writer to actually flesh out each of the 6 characters in one drama -- this calls for at least another 4-6 episodes. I think the fact that the viewers have grown to love at least three of the characters in such a short span deserves much credit. Call it weak writing if you have to, but I think its the best anyone can do with what they have.
Image Image

bmwracer

Post by bmwracer » Jun 12th, '08, 01:36

fayenatic wrote:if you think about it, theres really so much the writer can do within 11 brief episodes. you can't expect the writer to actually flesh out each of the 6 characters in one drama -- this calls for at least another 4-6 episodes. I think the fact that the viewers have grown to love at least three of the characters in such a short span deserves much credit. Call it weak writing if you have to, but I think its the best anyone can do with what they have.
If that's true, then what's the point in having six characters in the first place?

If the writers budgeted their time a lot better rather than spending most of it fixated on a psycho beating down everyone maybe there would've been more character development all around... I mean the writers can't even make up their mind as to how many episodes this drama will contain... :scratch:

Other dramas with many characters (Nodame, Orange Days, etc.) managed to get the most out of their characters in 11episodes, why couldn't this one?

I'm not trying to be argumentative, but I'm rather disappointed: I think this drama could've been a whole lot more than just suspense and smackdowns.

fayenatic

Post by fayenatic » Jun 12th, '08, 02:17

Nah, everyone is entitled to his opinion. I just think calling LF "weak" is a little too harsh. If I had to choose a word, I think ambitious is a better description.

Anyway! i Cant wait till tomorrowwwwwwwwww :D
Image Image

Daish

Post by Daish » Jun 12th, '08, 02:23

Wow i haven't been here (this thread) for a while, didn't think there would be a negative vibe and all. Though I wasn't dissatisfied or anything but now that you mention it I do agree there's many aspects that it doesn't seem they will ever explore.

Somehow they introduced or foreshadowed quite a few thing such as Takeru's phobia relating to his sister but there hasn't been even one confrontation yet. I mean I don't think they even said EXACTLY what it is within the drama, just all this hinting time after time. Eri's loneliness wasn't even explored/mentioned for more than 5 minutes in the whole series.

Though 11 ep is a short time, they did manage to fit in michiru being indecisive about going back to sousuke around 3 or 4 times.

But maybe the last 2 ep was very well planned out and everything so far was just a large buid up for the ending which contains closure for all 6 characters. One can always hope. I just somehow have this feeling the child that sousuke keeps seeing is somehow significant to the story just to you wait!
Doasinfinity ^^

rulan

Post by rulan » Jun 12th, '08, 03:15

hehe double post.
Last edited by rulan on Jun 12th, '08, 03:26, edited 1 time in total.
MV on Veoh
MV on Youtube

rulan

Post by rulan » Jun 12th, '08, 03:25

^Yuuki wrote:Here's some new spoilerific scans for you...be glad if you can't read it and just enjoy the first pic...^^;
I stopped after reading Sosuke's part...let's just say that what I said in my previous spoiler comment, I'm not so sure anymore...>_< Taeko Asano should stop playing with our hearts.
eh? now you're making me feel eagered to know what it says. com'on spoil us some more.
magicmusic wrote:More hot pictures of Juri...more straight girls being converted...this is why I LOVE "Last Friends!" :whistling:
i think it's less of a conversion and more of a confirmation. hehe Ruka will soon be a lesbian icon with the power to bring out the lesbianism in girls...and people thought Angelina Jolie was the only influential lesbian icon.
MV on Veoh
MV on Youtube

bmwracer

Post by bmwracer » Jun 12th, '08, 04:02

fayenatic wrote:Nah, everyone is entitled to his opinion. I just think calling LF "weak" is a little too harsh. If I had to choose a word, I think ambitious is a better description.
Hmm, I didn't think "weak" was particularly harsh at all...

I admire the ambitiousness and risk-taking of the drama, but after the sizzle is long gone, you gotta have a really good steak (Kobe beef?. :mrgreen:), not a burger... :)

JikokunoShuusennin

Post by JikokunoShuusennin » Jun 12th, '08, 04:36

Sousuke and Takeru will have their moments.

They will divulge everything in an amazing emotional episode(s)....so from there, it's all about patience
---

I think the mystery behind Sousuke's character is very important thus far.

He's an outsider... in fact, there isn't much he would actually have in common with the rest of the "Last Friends". He's majorly introverted, and from what we gather he doesn't really do much in the way of fun social behavior.

So, thus far... it's been much more important to highlight the growth's of Ruka/ Takeru's love along with Michiru character growth through Sousuke's one-sidedness. (Which also makes it alot easier for Michiru to move on... does it not).
---

So in short... just as I say to people who get frustrated with plots in manga (Naruto mostly)... Patience Please.

All will be revealed... and probably better than you ever expected it.