[Discussion] Last Friends - Nagasawa Masami/Ueno Juri/Eita

Discuss Japanese drama series here.
Ladymercury

Post by Ladymercury » May 16th, '08, 06:26

I'm still watching episode 6, manage to fit it in despite having a 2 1/2 hour drive tomorrow XD but...

This scene, despite how high tension it is, makes me laugh because....

Takeru could so beat his ass down right now. LOL @ height difference

emmy21

Post by emmy21 » May 16th, '08, 07:24

Just watched episode 6... some thoughts

The beginning was really quite creepy, with the stabbed apple and burning of Michiru's school album in the sink. Michiru was acting almost brainwashed when Takeru found her in the apartment and at the cafe.

The story seems a bit messy though. I wished they brought in the story about Sousuke and the little boy a bit earlier to provide more juxtaposition of Sousuke's behaviour. He's been quite one dimensional for 5-6 episodes, which is almost half the series, and it's just strange to see him all yasashii and smiley with the little boy now.

I really liked the ending when Takeru told Ruka he liked her. I wonder what would Ruka's response be? To laugh it off? Or would she tell Takeru about her "dare mo ienai himitsu" instead?

Anyway, did you guys see this drawing on the refrigerator? Eita's ears are HUGE! :P
Can't really see the words properly, but I think it's (clockwise) Takeru, Ogurin, Eri, Michiru with Ruka in the centre?

Rinnetensei

Post by Rinnetensei » May 16th, '08, 07:31

bmwracer wrote:Just finished with Episode 6:

Honestly, the entire show could've done without the DV plot... It''s just a hot button topic for suck in viewers, even more so to use a JE boy as the antagonist.
But without the DV plot, Ruka and Michiru's relationship wouldn't be as angsty and beautiful as it is. Sigh...

son2

Post by son2 » May 16th, '08, 09:52

this is extremely cool scene of Ruka
anyone notice this
the pillow which is Ruka hold during the scene has the same color with Michiru's dress.
this is funny
they both seems uncomfortable to each other. Or nervous???

Rori

Post by Rori » May 16th, '08, 10:24

Episode 6
I'm not surprised at all that, that woman that keeps phoning Takeru is his sister. That was my first thought when we saw her, kinda do and don't want to know what happened between those two, if you know what I mean.

I laughed at the scene where Takeru gave Sosuke a telling off, he's much taller than him.

Michiru just looked like a walking zombie during the earlier scenes when Takeru went to her apartment, I'm glad he got her out of there. But what exactly happened to her eye? Was she punched? Takeru seemed pretty surprised but for half the show she's been walking around with a black and blue face anyway.

Is there anyone who also knows what was written on that letter that Ruka's parents had? It's kinda frustrating to see such a serious scene where they zoomed in on it and have no idea what it said. xD

I agree with everyone's comments on the Michiru/Ruka relationship, it's pretty sad to see what's become of these two. The end was sweet, where Takeru said he liked her, but not anything surprising.
ava: juneylovely/genieforyou-lj

Rinnetensei

Post by Rinnetensei » May 16th, '08, 12:21

Rori wrote:Episode 6
I'm not surprised at all that, that woman that keeps phoning Takeru is his sister. That was my first thought when we saw her, kinda do and don't want to know what happened between those two, if you know what I mean.

I laughed at the scene where Takeru gave Sosuke a telling off, he's much taller than him.

Michiru just looked like a walking zombie during the earlier scenes when Takeru went to her apartment, I'm glad he got her out of there. But what exactly happened to her eye? Was she punched? Takeru seemed pretty surprised but for half the show she's been walking around with a black and blue face anyway.

Is there anyone who also knows what was written on that letter that Ruka's parents had? It's kinda frustrating to see such a serious scene where they zoomed in on it and have no idea what it said. xD

I agree with everyone's comments on the Michiru/Ruka relationship, it's pretty sad to see what's become of these two. The end was sweet, where Takeru said he liked her, but not anything surprising.
Here's what I know:
First of all, I really think Takeru told Ruka "I love you," not "I like you." To say "Suki da yo" to a person in Japanese is more enhanced than in English, whereas we would just think "I like you."

The note said something like: "Your daughter, Ruka Kishimoto, has a woman's body. But inside that body is the heart of a man. She is a monster. Though she looks like a woman, she has the eyes of a man."

I couldn't understand much of the kanji after that.

Rori

Post by Rori » May 16th, '08, 12:47

On the topic of whether he said 'I love you' or 'I like you' I'm not getting into that, I'm not Japanese, only have the understanding of it from watching numerous shows/anime but seen many arguments on the topic of 'Suki da yo' So, er yeah, Pass. :lol

Thanks for telling me what was on the note. Damn Sosuke. :cussing:
ava: juneylovely/genieforyou-lj

bmwracer

Post by bmwracer » May 16th, '08, 13:32

Ladymercury wrote:

Takeru could so beat his ass down right now. LOL @ height difference
LOL, maybe they should've given Ryo some elevator shoes. :lol

Damn, I sooo wanna see Sosuke get beat down...
If you need me to seed Ueno Juri-chan or Yonekura Ryoko-chan stuff, please PM me. :salut:

bmwracer

Post by bmwracer » May 16th, '08, 13:38

Rinnetensei wrote:

Honestly, the entire show could've done without the DV plot... It''s just a hot button topic for suck in viewers, even more so to use a JE boy as the antagonist.
But without the DV plot, Ruka and Michiru's relationship wouldn't be as angsty and beautiful as it is. Sigh...
I think having Michiru just be in a bad relationship without the stalker/DV approach would be just as effective... Sure, it adds suspense to the drama, but if the writers are just gonna make Sosuke a one-dimensional nutjob, it's rather pointless and cheap.
If you need me to seed Ueno Juri-chan or Yonekura Ryoko-chan stuff, please PM me. :salut:

Rinnetensei

Post by Rinnetensei » May 16th, '08, 13:47

bmwracer wrote:
Rinnetensei wrote:

I think having Michiru just be in a bad relationship without the stalker/DV approach would be just as effective... Sure, it adds suspense to the drama, but if the writers are just gonna make Sosuke a one-dimensional nutjob, it's rather pointless and cheap.
Oh, I agree with that but at least lately they've been trying to flesh him out a bit. I really wish they'd started with some background info on him earlier on though. Like what happened to him while he was being passed from relative to relative?

Meh, every show can't be perfect. At least Juri is still acting her ass off.

bmwracer

Post by bmwracer » May 16th, '08, 13:56

Rinnetensei wrote:At least Juri is still acting her ass off.
Right on. She's doing one hell of a job. :thumright: :wub:

Ladymercury

Post by Ladymercury » May 16th, '08, 16:01

Rinnetensei wrote:
Rori wrote:Episode 6

Here's what I know:
First of all, I really think Takeru told Ruka "I love you," not "I like you." To say "Suki da yo" to a person in Japanese is more enhanced than in English, whereas we would just think "I like you."

The note said something like: "Your daughter, Ruka Kishimoto, has a woman's body. But inside that body is the heart of a man. She is a monster. Though she looks like a woman, she has the eyes of a man."

I couldn't understand much of the kanji after that.
Basically. The letter also called her a monster, because I remember seeing " bakemono " in it. I think Sousuke wrote that letter and left it at the door step, why else would he be hanging around their house and the late hours of the night? He's now hurting those closest to Michiru to get her back.

I knew Sousuke was going to do this -- It just seemed natural.

Now, I'm about to jump in my car and drive down to JACON but before I do that I need to get my ep 6 opinion off of my chest! XD

Great episode! The first half head my heart literally, and I usually hate using Japanese words but " doki doki " the entire time. I knew Sousuke wasn't going to go through with the suicide but even so I wanted to have like some little hope of him bleeding on the floor but it scared the crap out of me just to see him casually sitting on the couch and then merely saying " Welcome Home ".

God! The chills that ran through my body.

I also would like to mention that I would enjoy seeing Ryo Nishikido with facial hair more often.

Moving on~

Breaking her down was something I did not imagine him to do... When Takeru saves her and asks what she was doing, she truly was a zombie, a robot.

" I make the breakfast.... clean the clothes... do the ironing... watch tv... every 2 hours he calls to check up on me... "

Quite frankly I was freaked out. I was a bit baffled on why Takeru wasn't hard on her from the get go, considering she was missing for a few days, but when he asked to see her eye patch after saying she had to hurry back home I can see why he got angry.

" How did you get that? "
" ... I took my time buying the food for dinner... He came back home before me.... I was bad for that... I was being reckless... "

I know Sousuke loves her and all, but that does not justify replacing his love with a hand or bringing a authoritarian attitude into the relationship. He's not her father, he should not dictate what should or should not happen in her life.

I was amazed to see how hesitant she was on leaving Sousuke compared to the first time where she was all gung-ho. He has hurt her in ways to make her fear him, to make her stay. I was really amazed. So when Takeru manages to get her to come with him and they see Sousuke in the street... my heart started racing.

I mean, to have Sousuke banging on the taxi door screaming? Oh man. Scary, scary, scary!

But I think the one scene that had me going out of all of them was finding out that the woman that abused Takeru was his sister. Oh god, what type of fucked up situation happened in that household. Just those mere five minutes had me going " what. the. f***. "

Everyone has issues. EVERYONE.

I thought Takeru's confession was sweet but sooooooooooooo wrong place wrong time.
" When I was little... I couldn't tell this person that I was suffering.... but right now... that's not something I want to say... Ruka.... I.... like you. I like you.... I love you "

I mean, it'd make more sense to declare love when the girl you like isn't emotionally a wreck because the girl she likes is tearing her apart inside... and that she's hardcore lesbian.
[/spoiler]

haruko17

Post by haruko17 » May 16th, '08, 16:53

off topic, but
theyve updated the "another last friends" website
theres a game an more pictures~

oh yea, and on the chart it says that sousuke's "key person" is that little kid
i wonder what that means...?

ainhoa

Post by ainhoa » May 16th, '08, 17:05

I found it hilarious when Sousuke was confronting Takeru, considering he's about a foot shorter
heh

chocotaco2308

Post by chocotaco2308 » May 16th, '08, 18:50

Ok well now can someone tell me what ruka and that doctor guy was talking about??????!!!!!!????

gunjourui
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by gunjourui » May 16th, '08, 19:13

chocotaco2308 wrote:Ok well now can someone tell me what ruka and that doctor guy was talking about??????!!!!!!????
he asks her if her parents know about her feelings and she replies that even tho her father has never mention it she knows he wants her to get marry and have an ordinary life that's why if she told him the truth she would hurt him. the doctor says that it is very painful to her to keep this a secret and she should talk with someone close about it because knowing that someone close knows the secret and still accepts her like this would ease the pain she feels. that's why she wanted to talk with takeru first after coming back home and later at the end of this ep..
Image Image
supporting Kanju

sleepyzzz

Post by sleepyzzz » May 16th, '08, 19:57

Okay guys - I watched the chinese subbed version so have a pretty good idea what's been going on aside from the trailer - they don't sub that bit - DAMN IT!!

This episode was just as great as other episodes but got me so pissed off!! I feel like breaking Sousuke into two bits and throwing him in the bin! You guys are right, he is soooo one-dimensional. OH and he's still got that move the shoulders model kind of walk/run! Argh!!

Spoilers ahead!! Some of my comments and explanations of what was said in certain scenes:
One of my favourite parts - the bit where Ruka tells Ogurin off!! Talk about cool! but let's get back to Ruka & Michiru - I must say, though the breakdown between them is sad, it's real. I can understand why Ruka would act like that. Sometimes, the more you like a person, the higher the expectations you have of them - then you just end up getting disappointed. Then to avoid getting really heartbroken in the future, you just try to distance yourself. The scene where Michiru returns to the Share House - wow - I really liked the tension between Michiru and Ruka. Michiru's eyes were dead set on Ruka and Ruka was trying to avoid direct eye contact. You can feel the confusion of feelings in Ruka's mind.

The park scene was also cute! Especially where Takeru's teasing Ruka - saying that she's so slow and that he's winning! haha Takeru again is so sweet. He knew things weren't right between Ruka and Michiru and gave them the chance to heal. Not sure whether you guys picked it up but near the end of the park scene, Michiru talks about how she loses herself when she's with Sousuke - she loses all self identity, her emotions, what she likes and dislikes etc - this she gets used to but there's one thing she can't accept - Sousuke saying ill things about Ruka. Ruka goes "so what does he say?" "He says like Ruka's not a girl" - WOAH! I didn't expect that! Anyway, there's an awkward pause but then Takeru laughs it off and changes the topic.

As to the letter Sousuke leaves in the post box at the parent's place - WHAT A F-ing @#(@( - I was sooo angry!! :cussing: This is where I really wanted Sousuke to just die!!!

Translation on doctor scene:
D: "Have you spoken to your family about it?"
R: My father wants me to be a normal girl, get married and be happy. I know that is what he wants. If I told him the truth, he will definitely be hurt.
D: But doesn't that mean that you are always suffering inside? If you can find someone to talk about it then you will feel better. It doesn't have to be family - it could be a friend. One that knows the real you, one that won't be shocked and can genuinely understand you.

Just a few more comments on one of the later scenes in the kitchen between Takeru and Michiru. I have to say, that I felt Michiru tends to assume Ruka is always there to make her happy. She seems to forget that Ruka has her own problems (I guess this was obvious from ep 1). I mean, fair enough for Ruka to feel absolute crap and just want some quiet time after that letter incident. In any case, it was good that at least Ruka heard the conversation and about the "wall". But honestly, that last scene, BAD TIMING TAKERU!!! Could you just wait like 10 minutes?!?! Aaaaah!! So frustrating!! I'm with you Ladymercury!! I was hoping Ruka could finally open up to someone!!!
Overall, another amazing episode but very intense and depressing. Rating was at 17.2% - crap - was hoping it will break the 20% mark!

On to Eri:
Though Eri's character is still not quite developed, I liked her input in this episode. Aside from Takeru, she's the only other person that understands Ruka and she's more vocal about it - which means her little outbursts of observations downplays the whole hush hush label to things - like she says to Ruka "now I know why you can't forgive Michiru - it's because you really do like Michiru" - it was such a straight forward answer and said with so little hesitation that finally the audience is "allowed" to recognise that it's really as simple as that. Why all the controversy!? Basically, I think her character gives us all some breathing space in this whole drama.
Sorry just quickly - the list of tracks on the upcoming OST is out with 2 tracks that you can preview - must buy! I love the first track!
http://www.emimusic.jp/foozay/last_friends/

^Yuuki: Onto that link you posted yesterday - I had a look and it's a fictional conversation between a couple - Nodame (wife) and Ruka (husband) - the dialogue is pretty silly and hardly worth the time. Also, it's written by someone from China so there's some slang that I don't understand. Sorry! Will try and help out next time!
Yasashii sekai...ramblings on my favourite J-dramas/yuri anime & manga
Currently crazy about: K-ON!!, Hard to Say I Love You, Girl Friends and Angel Beats :wub:

gunjourui
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by gunjourui » May 16th, '08, 23:34

my opinion after ep 6
I'm watching like 7 doramas this season O.O and I must say this one is the biggest disappointment. it started really well and general idea is very interesting IMO but still it fails. it gets more boring with every ep >_< coz it's poorly written.. I think the story went too fast at the beginning and now they already start dragging it when there's still 5 more eps too come.

this dorama definitely misses cute Sosuke. it would be much better if we actually had a chance to see how he's taking care of Michiru and fall in love with him first before finding out about his violent nature to understand why she is with him anyway. I don't think they can change it anymore after showing only his bad side for 6 eps even if he's nice to lil kids coz this is not really the point here.
as for Michiru.. she should win the most stupid main character ever award >_< coz this dorama is basically about how she can not think for herself.. she's with Sosuke but than comes Ruka telling her Sosuke can not make her happy so she leaves him for Ruka, than he calls and tells her to come back so she does so, than it's Ruka again and Michiru is back at her place, Sosuke calls her and warns he would kill himself so she gets back to him, than Takeru tells her to leave Sosuke and she comes back with Takeru O.O c'mon! how many times are they going to repeat this????? also I totally do not believe that it's possible to turn anyone into zombie in just a couple of days like that even if he threated he would kill himself..

I like Takeru x Ruka part tho. I like the whole mystery about Takeru's past and the way those 2 understand each other.. even now at the end of ep 6 I think Takeru confessed because he realized it's his last chance. Ruka sais that there's something no one knows about and he probably thought it's something about her secret love. after hearing her out he probably wouldn't be able to confess anymore.. it's also much better for the story IMO coz I really hope Ruka fall for Takeru at some point and it would be kinda difficult if she told him the secret now XDDD

I guess the only reason why I still watch it is Eita <3 and his amazing acting allong with Ueno Juri and Ryo. I really hope they can think of anything to save this dorama... there's still 5 eps to come..
Image Image
supporting Kanju

bmwracer

Post by bmwracer » May 17th, '08, 03:49

Episode 6 subs from suketeru are available: http://www.d-addicts.com/forum/viewtopi ... tm#1021008 :)

xasukax

Post by xasukax » May 17th, '08, 03:50

for now i am most curious about Takeru's past.. it's true that this drama has started to become draggy...
http://asukaworld.blogspot.com - Drama, Anime, Music
http://zyayn.blogspot.com - Gadgets, software and more to be included...

sleepyzzz

Post by sleepyzzz » May 17th, '08, 04:39

yamatsumi: I partly agree with you about Michiru - most stupid main character is probably a bit harsh. I understand her confusion but I'm pretty much at limits in terms of tolerating the whole running to & fro between Ruka and Sousuke. If she goes back to him, I am going to be so frustrated. In reality, yes, that may happen. But for a drama with only 6 episodes left, we need to move on!!

As for Sousuke, I'm actually not that interested about his gentle side. It's almost assumed or given that he must have a soft side to him earlier otherwise why would Michiru fall for him? To go and show us that side of him is a bit un-necessary. BUt, I agree that they need to start explaining what made him become like this.

I also think that the scriptwriter/Fuji made the mistake of adding Eri as one of the key 5 characters. Her role is still fairly flat (not saying she's not a good addition but little focus on her) and I doubt they will be able to flesh it out in the remaining 6 episodes - there's too many loose ends to tie up. I'd rather they had her as another "Ogurin" rather than promoted as a key character - that way we don't expect so much.

Overall I'm still enjoying the drama but it's probably because it reminds me of myself and a friend.
Currently crazy about: K-ON!!, Hard to Say I Love You, Girl Friends and Angel Beats :wub:

royuki

Post by royuki » May 17th, '08, 05:06

I think its true that Sosuke's DV is very harsh to watch and have repeated in so many episodes and that its exasperating to see Michiru return to him over and over again. But I think even Sosuke's DV has its own arc of change. Before he did to punish Michiru, then to dominate her, and now its to a desperate attempts to keep her with him. While Michiru first stayed with him because she loved him, then because she had nowhere else to go, then because she pitied him and didn't want him to kill himself. It's easy for us, who some might never experienced DV, to say 'why is she so weak?' But strength and weakness comes in many forms. Michiru might be weak when it comes to defending herself, but I've seen flashes of strength when it come to defending others. She was willing to defend Ruka in risk of punishment all because Sosuke was saying some bad stuff about her and then defend Sosuke despite all he's done to her. I think she's also really strong in that she is willing to face her own weaknesses.
Again I love this drama. Beside Juri-chan's acting, or maybe because of it, but the moments of silence in the drama where the characters are just looking at each other is so powerful and like somebody said, makes my heart go 'doki doki'. We know about Juri-chan's looks, but in this episodes the scenes where Michiru looks at Juri is also so good. I see how much Ruka means to her by how desperately she wants Ruka to turn around and look at her and welcome her home. Basically forgive her.
I think even Takeru is kind of nervous with how Michiru and Ruka really needs each other. Maybe for Michiru, it is not for 'romantic love' but Ruka seems to be her strong pillar of support. I think that is why Takeru was pushed at the end to approach Ruka. And then another moment of silence. How will Ruka react! Ugh! Can't wait.

fayenatic

Post by fayenatic » May 17th, '08, 05:10

Way to homewreck, Takeru!

Watching episode 6 and seeing the Michiru X Ruka interactions reminded me of any normal couple: the whole 'I'm not mad at you' but I really secretly am and the bit about the barrier between two people in which one is in love with the other. I, mean, its not Takeru's fault that his actions are really hindering the relationship between M X R, but it's clear to the viewers how Michiru can fall for Takeru. If Ruka's barriers were broken down, I can guarantee that Michiru would not run to Takeru for any solace. So I suppose its really just Ruka's own damn fault. :X
Also, I think it makes perfect sense that Michiru ran back to Sousuke several times. Michiru is weak - we know that already and we have substantial proof that her self-confidence and reliance has long been eroded by her despicable parents. And I think what Michiru tells Takeru about 'losing herself' when she was with Sousuke is completely realistic. Thats what happens when you let someone make choices for you; you just get brainwashed.

If Ruka falls for Takeru in the next 6 episodes it's going to be an entire copout. Ruka since episode 1 has made it clear that she has no interest nor attraction to the opposite sex and definitely not Takeru. For this to happen, I'd like to see the writers flesh something out because from what we know of Ruka she's not the type to suddenly fall for another person. Need I remind ya'll that she's been in love with the same person for god knows how long?? -___-
Image Image

Salz

Post by Salz » May 17th, '08, 05:14

there will never be a perfect timing or better time for Takeru to confess to Ruka so before he lose his only chance it his only way to confess right away to her.....this is bcoz he know what Ruka might want to tell him so he could only risk this only chance and moment to tell Ruka what his feeling.....
he know if he hear Ruka side of story first he will never going to be able to confess to her and just stay as her friend forever without her knowing his feeling....
im so glad Takeru become more brave and decide to fight for his happiness eventhough he know Ruka might never choose him but he deserve to let her know what he feel....
Takeru fighting :cheers:

Rinnetensei

Post by Rinnetensei » May 17th, '08, 10:32

Wow, Salz, that's a really good point and you are RIGHT!
At first I thought: "God, what a dickish move on Takeru's part! He KNOWS who Ruka is in love with! He KNOWS Ruka is gayer than a purse full of rainbows! Why couldn't he just keep listening, same as always?"

But you know, Takeru's been listening to everyone else's drama since day 1. At least he stood up for himself in that scene.

Salz

Post by Salz » May 17th, '08, 10:50

Rinnetensei wrote:Wow, Salz, that's a really good point and you are RIGHT!
At first I thought: "God, what a dickish move on Takeru's part! He KNOWS who Ruka is in love with! He KNOWS Ruka is gayer than a purse full of rainbows! Why couldn't he just keep listening, same as always?"

But you know, Takeru's been listening to everyone else's drama since day 1. At least he stood up for himself in that scene.
well Takeru only a human being and he not perfect.....
he also have feeling and need....he cant be mr perfect and nice guy 24hours.....
he is really smart guy and he can sense what Ruka want to tell her so before he lose his one opportunity to confess he might as well take the chance to do it even though he might already know what the result of his action......everyone deserve a chance to fight for happiness and Takeru have to do it so he not going to regret anything in the future.....
im happy he not just going to stay quiet forever and just be known as mr nice guy and nothing else.....
i dun want to c him sad bcoz he could only watch Ruka love michiru from aside and he have to listen to all their problem but no one even know his problem....
so BRAVO Takeru for taking a risk and not being a coward

Rinnetensei

Post by Rinnetensei » May 17th, '08, 11:10

BTW, Salz, love your tag!!! Ruka and Takeru are so sweet together (as friends). :wub:

Salz

Post by Salz » May 17th, '08, 11:27

yeah they are the sweetest (friends) ever^^

^Yuuki

Post by ^Yuuki » May 17th, '08, 15:25

royuki: I agree with what you said about Ruka and Michiru. The close ups on the characters' expressions are great moments in the show. Juri of course, I like her in every episode so far, but Masami, I think she's pretty good in this one too. ^^

My comments / long rant on episode 6. Might have been mentioned by the others before but I had time at work to analyze, haha.

The first thing I like about the episode.
Sosuke throwing away Michiru's phone. I know it's a weird thing to like but there's a similar situation in the previous episode and it further highlights to Michiru just how much Ruka is right. It's a little too late when Michiru starts realizing it. While the whole DV thing is getting repetitive with each episode, I guess it's also rings true in real life. People goes back to bad relationship again and again. But each time the cycle repeats, things get worse and harder instead of easier. Relationship with friends get strained because they can't fathom the reason you do it. This show portrayed the pov of those involved pretty well. It makes us feel the frustration that Ruka feels and at the same time made us emphatise with Michiru through her talks with Takeru and Ruka. As for Sosuke, throwing in that little moment with the boy probably shows again how contradictory he is. But we already know that...Don't think they'll expand the story about his past more than what Michiru already said. So even though it seems outta loop, they probably added in the moment with the boy because he'll play a bigger role in the next few episodes.
The hero of the day: Takeru.
He wonders to himself why he can see through Ruka's feelings so easily. It's simple, she's a straightforward person. He (and Eri) saw through her facade right away. Acting like she doesn't care about what Michiru does anymore... Takeru knows that she's worried but is restraining herself because Michiru made her choice. Ruka's straightforward-ness is her strength and also her weakness. She believes that if someone doesn't want help, there's nothing the others can do but stand and watch from far. Something we've seen her mention a few times previously and in this episode. Like when she says something like "but there's nothing I can do if she says she loves him". She's not the type that is able to read in between the lines like what Takeru is great at. Especially when it comes to Michiru, I don't think she wants to appear too meddling or forceful. Which is why Takeru ends up acting as the mediator each time. Either trying to patch things up between them, difusing tense/awkward situations, 'defending' Ruka when talking with Michiru and in this episode, he knows Ruka won't be the one to do it, so he goes to check up on Michiru...and what he finds doesn't surprise me... It's what he does that is awesome. I guess when Michiru blames herself instead of the perpetrator, it struck something inside of him. Probably something he went through before... More than the black eye itself (physical injury heals), it's the injuries that you can't see that's dangerous. So, instead of just being a passive listener, he immediately dragged Michiru out of the hell hole. I applaud him for it because it's something that Ruka would have a hard time doing.
I know this is bad of me,
but it felt kinda good seeing Michiru being confused/hurt/disappointed because of how Ruka seem to be giving her the cold shoulder. Probably all that pent up frustrations for Ruka that made me feel she deserves it just a little. She can't just leave then 'come home' and expect things to be as they were even though they still welcome her there. But I really liked the scene at the park with the 3 of them(so far, park scenes have been good ^^). Takeru making up excuses about his bike breaking down so that Ruka and Michiru could patch up. It's good to have Michiru sharing her thoughts with Ruka instead of just Takeru for once. About how she slowly looses sense of herself when with Sosuke. Placing his feelings as more important than her own, somehow she became uncaring of her own well being(like it's not her own body). Ruka in her monologue also explained why she has to keep her distance with Michiru. She's afraid of getting hurt again. Things seem to be going pretty good up till Michiru mentioned that she could bear anything except when Sosuke says bad things about (her) Ruka. Stuff like she's "not a woman". Then things got awkward...before Takeru saves the conversation by making a joke out of it...
Moving on to the GID issue.
2nd counseling session was mainly about communication with the others in her life. Did she share her problems with anyone in her family? A close friend? The doctor advised her to at least share her thoughts and feelings with someone so that it won't pile up inside of her. Takeru was an obvious choice. I wonder if his actions at the end changes that...Anyway, DV guy strikes again. Wow, tracking down her parent's address and sending that letter as revenge for 'taking Michiru away'...I don't think he realised how close he hit home with his assumptions else he would have included evidence but he certainly shook Ruka up with that. She's obviously still not ready to tell them anything thus the lie that it's probably some jealous female rider. But this incident kinda allowed her to gauge their reaction to the issue. Were they more concerned about someone sending something like that or the content of the letter? Ruka manage to compose herself enough to put them at ease this time but with Sosuke running wild out there without Michiru, these kinda things would probably continue.
Michiru "sometimes doesn't understand Ruka"...
So Ruka comes home and wasn't in a particularly cuddly mood after what happened. It was kinda depressing when Ruka closed the door to her room and metaphorically speaking, her heart. I feel for both of them. And I'm relieved that at least Michiru isn't as clueless as we thought. She realised that Ruka have been keeping part of her heart walled up during the time they've been together. So, why hasn't she brought it up or asked Ruka about it before? Subconsciously fear of what the answer might be and that it could disrupt the balance of their friendship? or just too caught up in her own problems to deal with more? Hmm...probably both. They really need to have a good heart to heart talk but I don't see it happening without Ruka spilling her secrets(her issue and/or her feelings). It'll be good if it came from Ruka herself but I have a feeling it won't...
Since things ended with Ruka getting a 2nd bad ending in a row last time, I had hoped that the ending for this one won't be as heart wrenching.
And it wasn't. With the kneeling down on one knee thing, Takeru looked ready to propose. Heheh, what he did was nothing as daring but it was still a surprise move (if I haven't click the spoilers before this...). He even shrugged off his own childhood issues (oho, it's his sister, yappari) for this 'more important' thing he had to tell Ruka before she tells him anything. Kinda shows how his own issues have taken a back seat since Ruka, Michiru and the share house. I think seeing other people, understanding and helping them have been like a therapy for himself as well. Now about why he 'confessed' to Ruka and why he chose that specific moment to do it...since he should know how Ruka feels towards Michiru. I don't think it's because he wants or expects anything in return. I think he suspects the enormity of what Ruka's planning to tell him and the impact it could have on their relationship. He needs to tell her he loves her first and reassure Ruka that whatever she says won't affect their friendship and he'll continue supporting her. Because if he said all of that afterwards, it could sound like a reactive thing to whatever she said. That's just what I think anyway...well, it can be because he wants Ruka for himself but that would be totally out of character from the Takeru they show us. His issue hasn't even been resolved yet. Despite his intentions, what's important is how will Ruka react to that and how this will affect the balance of the 'one-way triangle of love'...Will she still tell him the 'truth' about herself now?
If the trend of having paired endings(just look at how ep2/3 and ep4/5 ends) continues,
there should be another revelation/confession in the next episode. Judging from the previews, Michiru finds out the person Ruka have been secretly loving all these years...or does she? I think she just misunderstood that it's Ruka's coach or something. So it could be Michiru/Takeru with that little bit they show us at the end(edit: and after seeing the extra bit in the trailer at the website, I'm pretty sure)...Oh, and is it a little too much to ask for no heartbreaks in an episode where they actually have a theme park outing? Apparently the answer is yes...
Attachments
Ep7BTS.jpg
Some fun moment by the cast while shooting ep7.
Ep7BTS.jpg (151.25 KiB) Viewed 1401 times
Last edited by ^Yuuki on May 17th, '08, 18:56, edited 3 times in total.

cuatro

Post by cuatro » May 17th, '08, 15:51

a very nice review, even though haven't seen episode 5 & 6 i almost feel that i have already because of the discussion here

zeiroc

Post by zeiroc » May 17th, '08, 18:34

Awesome recap/analysis/long rant ^Yuuki on episode 6 :D
^Yuuki wrote:royuki: I agree with what you said about Ruka and Michiru. The close ups on the characters' expressions are great moments in the show. Juri of course, I like her in every episode so far, but Masami, I think she's pretty good in this one too. ^^
I also totally agree! For this episode even though Ruka has some deeper, struggling issues to deal with I could not help but have sympathy for Michiru. Masami did a great job in those facial expressions of awkwardness, of wanting to seek acceptance, and forgiveness. So child-like, yet so heart saddening.
^Yuuki wrote: The hero of the day: Takeru.
...Takeru ends up acting as the mediator each time. Either trying to patch things up between them, difusing tense/awkward situations, 'defending' Ruka when talking with Michiru and in this episode, he knows Ruka won't be the one to do it, so he goes to check up on Michiru...and what he finds doesn't surprise me... It's what he does that is awesome.
Takeru is such an awesome person. His efforts were so sincere and entertaining to me, which is really what we needed for this episode.
^Yuuki wrote: Since things ended with Ruka getting a 2nd bad ending in a row last time, I had hoped that the ending for this one won't be as heart wrenching.
...Now about why he 'confessed' to Ruka and why he chose that specific moment to do it...since he should know how Ruka feels towards Michiru. I don't think it's because he wants or expects anything in return. I think he suspects the enormity of what Ruka's planning to tell him and the impact it could have on their relationship. He needs to tell her he loves her first and reassure Ruka that whatever she says won't affect their friendship and he'll continue supporting her. Because if he said all of that afterwards, it could sound like a reactive thing to whatever she said. That's just what I think anyway...well, it can be because he wants Ruka for himself but that would be totally out of character from the Takeru they show us. His issue hasn't even been resolved yet. Despite his intentions, what's important is how will Ruka react to that and how this will affect the balance of the 'one-way triangle of love'...Will she still tell him the 'truth' about herself now?
Here's my take on this particular scene:
Takeru is the man! Totally didn't expect this turn. I was literally screaming like a worm hoping that both will spill their secrets right then and there. BUT we know dramas don't do that so easily. I have a feeling that after Takeru's proposal Ruka won't tell him her secret, instead it's going to be a big shocker for her. My hope is that she will be in shock because she has never had a guy confess his feelings to her. Granted, she's had unpleasant experiences being sexually harassed by her coach (who looks at her and probably women as a piece of meat). But with Takeru confessing his feelings I hope that she will come to some kind of realization that "hmmm...maybe I don't have to be so uncomfortable in my body because this one guy right in front of me sees me for who I am and actually likes me?" OR "Dang, now I hate this body that I am in even more!! Why do I attract so many men?? I absolutely need to have a sex change and spill my secret out before I deceive these men!" [with bit more exaggeration from me]. Personally, I'm hoping for the first thought. I really do hope that she will allow herself to let go of her barrier and let another person care for her. She has probably been a "giver" most of her life and I think it's about time she becomes a "receiver."

Still, Ruka is very determined and will only see Michiru. This is where Takeru will take the place of the distant lover for Ruka. Oh, such tragedies, but good to know that amongst these 3 main characters they have some one watching over them. Michiru is damn lucky to have Takeru and Ruka look out for her. Now, what about Takeru?

I'm on pins and needles as to what will happen next and how the relationships will be then. But can't wait til the OST comes out YAY!

Calling all Cup lovers
Is it me or did this episode give a lot of screen time for the cups?? :P I think there were so many lines regarding "do you want coffee?" I guess besides saying "I'm home" or "welcome home" the next homey slogan is "do you want coffee or tea?" Who brings mugs to a park picnic??? Only Takeru...only Takeru 8)

Loved how they added a scene with the red and blue toothbrushes too.
i like the cups :goggle:

sleepyzzz

Post by sleepyzzz » May 17th, '08, 19:20

Haha zeiroc you seriously crack me up with:
"I was literally screaming like a worm hoping that both will spill their secrets right then and there"
and
"calling all cup lovers" haha

I also really like the scene where Michiru's keen on Ruka's forgiveness/acceptance - like ^Yuuki - I kind of felt she deserved it but nevertheless felt a bit sorry for her at the same time.

Anyway, did people notice the colour of Ruka and Michiru's door to their rooms? Colours again! Ruka's blue and Michiru's pink!

bmwracer

Post by bmwracer » May 17th, '08, 20:14

Ruka and Takeru in a different universe:
Image :lol

303aegiszx

Post by 303aegiszx » May 17th, '08, 22:59

I was bored enough to make this:
http://303aegiszx.deviantart.com/art/La ... s-85946432

THAT should be the promo for Last Friends.

ruka_michiru

Post by ruka_michiru » May 18th, '08, 00:33

Yay for Masami for this episode! I love how she delivered and gave Ruka those “long lingering worried gaze”. Who wouldn’t be alarmed when a “friendly and warm Ruka” suddenly became cold. Anyway, I like it that Michiru realized that she hurt Ruka. She looked “tormented” and can’t take her eyes off Ruka, until Ruka glanced at her and spoke. Michiru would really be so selfish if she didn’t feel a slight of worry in her.

cuatro

Post by cuatro » May 18th, '08, 09:57

as a fan mo Masami it really pains me watching this drama, his character is so STUPID but very realistic, majority of victims of DV do think that way.

AJisS2

Post by AJisS2 » May 18th, '08, 10:09

i just started watching today, just finished episode 3..
i started tearing when i saw michiru with her face like that
ahh :'[
ryo's character is REALLY scary :unsure:
he seems really unstable from his anxiety over his gf's activities
but his role is really different, he plays it well imo

idk why but i LOVE the opening and everything :wub:
it seems to look simple but good and goes well with the song
idk how i'll react to this drama either, but i'm homophobic
so seeing even a little of the kiss from ep 2 was strange for me
other than that the drama going on between everyone seems interesting
looking forward to seeing the whole thing :-)

Kookiemonstar

Post by Kookiemonstar » May 18th, '08, 11:42

303aegiszx wrote:I was bored enough to make this:
http://303aegiszx.deviantart.com/art/La ... s-85946432

THAT should be the promo for Last Friends.
Nice concept, but Ruka's face is covered... :unsure:

calcifer_maho

Post by calcifer_maho » May 18th, '08, 14:36

This is my first post on this community. I am really addicted to this drama. I like Ruka and Takeru very much. I love the delicate way they looks at things and put them into the words. Takeru cares Ruka a lot but I suppose that kiind of love feeling is beyond the gender. Because of the trauma, Takeru seems that he has a phobia against women (when things gets physically) but that doesn't mean he is gay.

^Yuuki

Post by ^Yuuki » May 18th, '08, 17:04

zeiroc wrote: I also totally agree! For this episode even though Ruka has some deeper, struggling issues to deal with I could not help but have sympathy for Michiru. Masami did a great job in those facial expressions of awkwardness, of wanting to seek acceptance, and forgiveness. So child-like, yet so heart saddening.
sleepyzzz wrote: I also really like the scene where Michiru's keen on Ruka's forgiveness/acceptance - like ^Yuuki - I kind of felt she deserved it but nevertheless felt a bit sorry for her at the same time.
ruka_michiru wrote:Who wouldn’t be alarmed when a “friendly and warm Ruka” suddenly became cold.
It was certainly nice seeing Michiru worrying about Ruka's feelings for once. She thinks that it's her actions that caused Ruka being 'angry' at her but for Ruka, it's a lot more than that. I feel bad for both of them. And then when Takeru confessed, the scene panned to Michiru alone in her room looking all alone and sad...;_;
zeiroc wrote:
Here's my take on this particular scene:
Takeru is the man! Totally didn't expect this turn. I was literally screaming like a worm hoping that both will spill their secrets right then and there. BUT we know dramas don't do that so easily. I have a feeling that after Takeru's proposal Ruka won't tell him her secret, instead it's going to be a big shocker for her. My hope is that she will be in shock because she has never had a guy confess his feelings to her. Granted, she's had unpleasant experiences being sexually harassed by her coach (who looks at her and probably women as a piece of meat). But with Takeru confessing his feelings I hope that she will come to some kind of realization that "hmmm...maybe I don't have to be so uncomfortable in my body because this one guy right in front of me sees me for who I am and actually likes me?" OR "Dang, now I hate this body that I am in even more!! Why do I attract so many men?? I absolutely need to have a sex change and spill my secret out before I deceive these men!" [with bit more exaggeration from me]. Personally, I'm hoping for the first thought. I really do hope that she will allow herself to let go of her barrier and let another person care for her. She has probably been a "giver" most of her life and I think it's about time she becomes a "receiver."

Still, Ruka is very determined and will only see Michiru. This is where Takeru will take the place of the distant lover for Ruka. Oh, such tragedies, but good to know that amongst these 3 main characters they have some one watching over them. Michiru is damn lucky to have Takeru and Ruka look out for her. Now, what about Takeru?
LOL. This cracked me up along with the cup lovers thing. The cup mugs are certainly an integral part of the cast. :thumleft:
I kinda doubt Ruka would tell him now. He probably meant it as a reassuring move, romantic or not, he loves her for the person she is regardless of what she's going to say. And I think he more or less has an idea on what. Ruka's reaction to it will depend on how they play out this scene in the next episode, what else would Takeru say? The worse thing would be he just keep quiet and expect an answer from Ruka when he very well knows that she can't.
sleepyzzz: Ooh, I didn't notice that. I wonder if the others have similar colour codes too. Love seeing little stuff like this on the show. =3

QNSpider

Post by QNSpider » May 18th, '08, 21:06

o_O

*facepalms at the end of episode six* 馬鹿!

This drama is getting so... *shakes fist* I don't even know what to say anymore. Everyone in the previous pages has basically covered it.

*gives everyone, except for Sousuke this* :lol
惡作劇之吻II
Endless Love :whistling:

Molenir

Post by Molenir » May 18th, '08, 21:13

Just finished watching the second episode, and moving on the the 3rd. Watching this show is like watching a train wreck. On the one hand, I can't stand to watch. Its too painful seeing all the stuff thats going on. On the other hand, its so hard to look away.

I hate that at the very beginning they tell you that its not going to have a happy ending. Gah! Why?

roon

Post by roon » May 18th, '08, 22:22

sleepyzzz wrote:The 720 version is out - I just need to wait for a few more hours to d/l the HD one....
May I ask where? I didn't see it anywhere over here, and going back to the SD version makes for sad times after watching this all in HD.

kerobu

ep 6 ending scene

Post by kerobu » May 19th, '08, 04:09

zeiroc wrote:Here's my take on this particular scene:

zeiroc, your thoughts about Ruka's realizations are so funny! :lol
Now here's my take on that scene:
I think it would be harder for Ruka to tell Takeru about her secret after his confession because she might think that Takeru has only been a nice friend to her just because he has feelings for her. Won't it break their friendship and trust? She wanted to tell him the biggest secret in her life then he starts to change the topic to another one. I think that would make Ruka feel uneasy... unless he tells her that he accepts her for who she is.
^Yuuki wrote:
I kinda doubt Ruka would tell him now. He probably meant it as a reassuring move, romantic or not, he loves her for the person she is regardless of what she's going to say. And I think he more or less has an idea on what. Ruka's reaction to it will depend on how they play out this scene in the next episode, what else would Takeru say? The worse thing would be he just keep quiet and expect an answer from Ruka when he very well knows that she can't.
I agree with you. I don't think she will tell him. But I hope she could. She needs a confidante. And I also don't want Takeru to end their conversation with no explanation about why he said it. It would just complicate Ruka's problems more.

AJisS2

Post by AJisS2 » May 19th, '08, 04:25

yay finished 6 :-)
i think i've realized takeru's secret based on the preview

i wanna see the rest so bad :-(

haha i was watching a news interview and performance today and i couldn't help but think of bad sousuke

sleepyzzz

Post by sleepyzzz » May 19th, '08, 05:07

Guys! There's hope! Though the drama started like it was going to be a sad ending, maybe what we saw is not the final final ending! Maybe there is a bit more afterwards - like a reunion!!? We can only hope....

Btw, does anyone know what happened to the HD version? I cannot find it either.... so sad.... :-(

son2

Post by son2 » May 19th, '08, 05:42

@sleepyzzz
I hope it wouldn't be sad ending too, since i've seen to much the sadness on Ruka's face now, I hope it won't happen in future too. she deserves to be happy

^Yuuki

Post by ^Yuuki » May 19th, '08, 06:26

Molenir wrote:I hate that at the very beginning they tell you that its not going to have a happy ending. Gah! Why?
I actually kinda like it. It prepares you for the worse? Haha, else I don't think I can bear wondering what the future is going to bring. And add in the monologues, it allows us to pick up clues on the way now that we don't have to worry to much about the result and instead just focus on the why and how. But yeah, it's still a little sad...
sleepyzzz wrote:Guys! There's hope! Though the drama started like it was going to be a sad ending, maybe what we saw is not the final final ending! Maybe there is a bit more afterwards - like a reunion!!? We can only hope....
I think so too. They won't end with how they started. Probably a 2nd reunion with Ruka...since the first episode had a reunion that sparks off everything that went wrong, maybe this reunion can be a fresh start for them. Well, regardless of how it ends, they'll probably show how everyone has manage to overcome or is handling the issues plaguing them throughout the series.

Oh, btw, there's something I've been wondering. Where the heck is the Eri/Ogurin hugging scene they show us in the preview for ep6? They cut it off? or did it get pushed into the Eri~My Love slot instead? I've noticed that for the preview of ep4 too. Where Michiru wonders if things/Sosuke would change. That's not in ep4 when she talks with Takeru. Hmm...they cut it off at the last minute? or because they haven't finish editing when the episode airs?

sleepyzzz

Post by sleepyzzz » May 19th, '08, 15:02

Oh, btw, there's something I've been wondering. Where the heck is the Eri/Ogurin hugging scene they show us in the preview for ep6? They cut it off? or did it get pushed into the Eri~My Love slot instead? I've noticed that for the preview of ep4 too. Where Michiru wonders if things/Sosuke would change. That's not in ep4 when she talks with Takeru. Hmm...they cut it off at the last minute? or because they haven't finish editing when the episode airs?
^Yuuki: I actually didn't notice that! They must have decided to cut out in the end. I think Fuji TV realises that there's too many loose ends to tie up even if there are 12 episodes in total. If they started off Eri's story, they'll probably end up with problems. Also, given the issues involved in the storyline, they're probably observing viewers' reactions very carefully so I suspect they're editing as they go and tweaking the story as necessary.

oooh!! Two days left to Prisoner of Love single!! hehe I've ordered it already! hahaha

Btw, HD version is out! YAY! :thumleft:

Oh & one last point, is it just me but it looks like the number of people posting has fallen - only the really crazy ones are left...hahah me being one of them. Must say, they better kick start the story a bit more cos my patience is starting to....

bmwracer

Post by bmwracer » May 19th, '08, 15:42

sleepyzzz wrote:Oh & one last point, is it just me but it looks like the number of people posting has fallen - only the really crazy ones are left...hahah me being one of them. Must say, they better kick start the story a bit more cos my patience is starting to....
Yup, I think people are tiring of the lack of resolution of any of the issues... At this pace, It appears that nothing will get resolved until the last couple of episodes...

Bleah. :-(

Daish

Post by Daish » May 19th, '08, 16:09

No worries, when next ep come they'll come flooding back.

And maybe its just me but I don't think the drama is moving slow or anything @_@
Doasinfinity ^^

^Yuuki

Post by ^Yuuki » May 19th, '08, 16:41

Seems like they're starting the filming of episode 10/11 on May 27th. Looking for extras so anyone who's in Japan and are interested can check out the official site here: http://wwwz.fujitv.co.jp/lastfriends/index.html

Last Friends: Another page have updated some new set of photos along with a game/quiz that gauges the "darkness of your heart" or something like that...Pics under the spoiler tag. Looks like they're celebrating Eri's birthday...
TV Japan [08/06]
The girls
The 'guys'...hehe
Comparison of the different type of 'love' between them

Daish

Post by Daish » May 19th, '08, 16:56

Thanks for all the pics ^Yuuki

so its eri's real b-day or is it with in drama? They all look so wacky and funny.

I can't believe they put ruka with the guys, how dare they! :x
Doasinfinity ^^

^Yuuki

Post by ^Yuuki » May 19th, '08, 17:40

Daish wrote:Thanks for all the pics ^Yuuki

so its eri's real b-day or is it with in drama? They all look so wacky and funny.

I can't believe they put ruka with the guys, how dare they! :x
I didn't say Asami did I? So yeah, I meant Eri in the drama. ^^ Don't know if it's gonna be shown in the drama though. It could just be something that takes place in between episodes.

About the part of the 'guys' thing, I was kidding...it's just something I noticed and they probably didn't do it on purpose. Just because there's more text on the first page...

TokyoJuice

Post by TokyoJuice » May 19th, '08, 17:56

So, this is another fan-girl-posting of mine... :roll :

Wuah! Now you HAVE TO love Juri's Ruka-look!! (Q__Q ) *dies* I mean, just look at her face!! She is beautiful~
I love what she is wearing. I love her. I love her boots <3
So, Juri = HOT!

Thank you for posting the "TV Japan" scans, ^Yuuki
平 気 な 顔 で 嘘 を つ い て

sleepyzzz

Post by sleepyzzz » May 19th, '08, 18:26

I agree!! Juri looks so damn good!!! hahahaha Thanks for the pics ^Yuuki!

Btw, I think what I said before is true - looks like they're cutting things out of the story. I just had a quick look the preview of the upcoming episode 7 (small summary on website) and half the things mentioned have occurred in EPisode 6 and the rest we pretty know it's coming from the trailer preview. Must say though, I think the site tells you whether Ruka spills the beans.......hmm....

kandysakura

Post by kandysakura » May 19th, '08, 19:24

wow, the last time i came was the 5th, and this place has already moved 23 pages... xD
Thanx for sharing the piccys! xD
two of those were shown in the first epi, so i guess they will probably use them again later on.
after watching epi 6, im seriously going crazy just trying to figure out what takeru's secret is!
tho i think ruka in this epi seems alot more girly than in the past ones.
why, i dont know. a feeling i guess.
Currently watching: Osen, Seigi no Mikata, Maou, Love Queen, Code Blue, Koizora
Waiting for: HYD SP, Kurosagi SP, The Legend of Brown Sugar Chivalries

phiyo

Post by phiyo » May 19th, '08, 19:32

Not sure if anyone have mentioned but the official website changed total episodes back to 11...

And someone already made a wallpaper out of those magazine scans :wub:
Attachments
KmiNpxNW.jpg
KmiNpxNW.jpg (164.84 KiB) Viewed 1429 times

bmwracer

Post by bmwracer » May 19th, '08, 19:36

phiyo wrote:Not sure if anyone have mentioned but the official website changed total episodes back to 11...
Ehhh? :scratch:

What the heck is going on? :scratch: :scratch: :scratch:

Iatheia

Post by Iatheia » May 19th, '08, 20:12

I tried to translate the preview from the official cite... I think I figured some of this out

Conserning Ruka and Takeru:
After the confession she will not tell anything to him. The moment was lost.
But she will ask her coach to cover her. He will help her and tell everyone that they are dating.
After that Takeru will be shocked, and he will act cold and aloof towards them.
Then the incident between him and his sister will be uncovered for a bit. I am confused to what exactly is going to happen, but Michiru will comfort him.

fayenatic

Post by fayenatic » May 20th, '08, 00:08

Iatheia wrote:I tried to translate the preview from the official cite... I think I figured some of this out

But she will ask her coach to cover her. He will help her and tell everyone that they are dating.
Then the incident between him and his sister will be uncovered for a bit. I am confused to what exactly is going to happen, but Michiru will comfort him.

how....melodramatic -__-
Image Image

son2

Post by son2 » May 20th, '08, 01:13

Iatheia wrote:I tried to translate the preview from the official cite... I think I figured some of this out

eh?! just like another drama.
i expected more than this

magicmusic

Post by magicmusic » May 20th, '08, 03:14

son2 wrote:

This is Rinnetensei, btw. I had to change my profile thanks to this site being sketchy with my password.

Anyway...I doubt LF will take the stereotypical route, even if it seems that way. The bigger question is will Ruka ever come out now?

sleepyzzz

Post by sleepyzzz » May 20th, '08, 05:20

About episode 7 (just on what Iatheia has mentioned - so nothing new):
I got an online translator to do the job and I thought Ruka does tell Takeru in the end! But then I can't say for sure...Iatheia's version does make more sense but I was hoping....
:-(

zeiroc

Post by zeiroc » May 20th, '08, 05:30

hehe...i'm still here and posting :salut: and warm LF embrace.

wow I can't believe how fast time passes. Hikaru's "POL" single is out in 2 days??!! Can't wait to see that around.... :unsure: cuz the single is going to cost another arm and leg. But I think I will purchase the OST.

Thanks for the info and scans Yuuki. They all look so cheery and happy in those pictures. Juri looks amazing as always. Loving her style.

Ladymercury

Post by Ladymercury » May 20th, '08, 12:46

If Ruka uses her coach for a coverup, then her coming out the closet would be more dramatic considering how.... chauvinistic her coach.

Then again, she knows that her coach is attracted to her so that's cruel on her part and I find a tad bit out of character.

Ah, so... reading it.... She askes Hayashida to be her acting boyfriend for the day and he complies with her when they go to the amusement park for the day (Takeru, Eri, Michiru, and Ruka). When Ruka annouces to everyone that Hayashida is her "boyfriend" Takeru finds it hard to hold in his frustration.

Then later in the day, Takeru runs into his sister and her family at the park. They regard each other but he notices her being motherly and he has a flashback to his childhood and promptly runs away. Michiru chases after him and they return back to the Share House together where basically Michiru comforts him.

Then apparently the synopsis mentions that Michiru talks to Ruka about wanting to call Sousuke and tell him that it's over but she doesn't know the words to say to him and then the next day she calls him up...
Last edited by Ladymercury on May 20th, '08, 13:00, edited 1 time in total.

^Yuuki

Post by ^Yuuki » May 20th, '08, 12:57

magicmusic wrote:
son2 wrote:

This is Rinnetensei, btw. I had to change my profile thanks to this site being sketchy with my password.

Anyway...I doubt LF will take the stereotypical route, even if it seems that way. The bigger question is will Ruka ever come out now?
Just look at what the DV stalker guy did:

Compare that with the letter he sent to Ruka's parents, they're the same except for the "Your daughter" part:

I can see why Ruka and the coachhad to resort to 'acting'. Damage control. I think she approached him for help since they're kinda buddies now. Ruka's obviously not ready to come out yet...and with all these stuff happening around her, I doubt it'll happen anytime soon. So, I have a feeling any 'coming out' wouldn't be from her own mouth. It's interesting that Sosuke sees Ruka as his no.1 enemy instead of targeting Takeru since he's the one that took Michiru away this time.

Ladymercury

Post by Ladymercury » May 20th, '08, 13:03

I think he continues to target Ruka because if Michiru had never met Ruka again then Michiru would have never left him.

... But the moment Sousuke notices that Michiru's attentions are focused on Takeru, I think poor ol' Takeru is going to feel the wrath of Sousuke.

^Yuuki

Post by ^Yuuki » May 20th, '08, 13:15

Or maybe he never sees Takeru as a real threat? Haha. Poor Takeru. Anyways, I think as crazy as he is, Sosuke's instinct and observational skills are top notch. He notices stuff.

Oh yeah, vote for Last Friends! (ラスト・フレンズ(フジテレビ系))
http://polls.dailynews.yahoo.co.jp/quiz ... typeFlag=2
これまでの放送で満足度が一番高い民放の2008年春ドラマはどれですか?
Which 2008 drama gives you the highest level of satisfaction so far? (simply put, which is the best)
Poll ends tomorrow and LF is at 2nd spot. Kinda hard to catch up to er...ROOKIES but vote anyways~

Here's a funny little thing I found:
Ruka: Don't touch my Michiru!!
Michiru: I'm not Sosuke's slave~
Sousuke: What don't you listen to what I say...!
Takeru: I'm here, so you can cry if you want
Ogurin+Eri: (Obviously getting drunk)
Last edited by ^Yuuki on May 20th, '08, 13:33, edited 1 time in total.

Ladymercury

Post by Ladymercury » May 20th, '08, 13:28

Sousuke has to have good skills like that, I mean, he's a social worker after all :P That's all he gets paid to do is notice screwed up stuff.

magicmusic

Post by magicmusic » May 20th, '08, 14:09

Damn! Episode 7 sounds crazy, if that translated preview can be trusted. I just wanna see Ruka in the shower, in her motocross outfit. Looks really really emotional. And just WHAT happened between Takeru and his sister? Any guesses?

Oh, I cannot BELIEVE Michiru will consider going back to Sousuke! I mean, I can, but one would hope he just kills himself already. I hate what he is doing to Ruka. Still hope she comes out to SOMEBODY soon. Does her coach know she is queer?

bmwracer

Post by bmwracer » May 20th, '08, 14:18

magicmusic wrote:Oh, I cannot BELIEVE Michiru will consider going back to Sousuke! I mean, I can, but one would hope he just kills himself already. I hate what he is doing to Ruka. Still hope she comes out to SOMEBODY soon. Does her coach know she is queer?
Uh, don't you think "queer" is sort of a harsh term? :sweat:

magicmusic

Post by magicmusic » May 20th, '08, 16:36

bmwracer wrote:
magicmusic wrote:Oh, I cannot BELIEVE Michiru will consider going back to Sousuke! I mean, I can, but one would hope he just kills himself already. I hate what he is doing to Ruka. Still hope she comes out to SOMEBODY soon. Does her coach know she is queer?
Considering I myself am "queer," no :D

Lots of gay people use "queer" nowadays.

Ladymercury

Post by Ladymercury » May 20th, '08, 17:34

The synopsis did not say Michiru was going to go back to Sousuke, it said that she was going to call him to break it off....

bmwracer

Post by bmwracer » May 20th, '08, 19:06

magicmusic wrote:
bmwracer wrote:
Considering I myself am "queer," no :D

Lots of gay people use "queer" nowadays.
Oh, okay... :)