Page 1 of 2

Atsu-hime (Taiga Drama)

Posted: Jan 17th, '08, 04:11
by biniBningPunkista
i looked through the pages if there was any discussion about this drama... this wouldn't be a short mini series, i learned that taiga movies stretch out... and since its a historical one, this would be worth watching. i really want to know who would be interested in this drama.. also AOI MIYAZAKI will be starring here.

hopefully someone will be subbing this in english... :whistling: :whistling: :whistling:

Image

Synopsis

The 47th NHK Taiga Drama is a life story of Atsuhime who was born in Kagoshima Prefecture, then called Satsuma, and became the wife of Tokugawa Iesada, the 13th shogun of the Tokugawa shogunate. She accedes to the highest rank in Ooku, the inner palace of the Edo castle where women related to the reigning shogun resided. Iesada dies soon after their marriage and Atsuhime assumes the name Tenshoin at the age of 23. She exerts herself for the Tokugawa clan and for the nation during the upheaval in the Meiji Restoration, headed by those from Satsuma. In 1835, Shimazu Tadatake, head of the Imaizumi-Shimazu family of Satsuma clan, and Oyuki are blessed with a long-awaited daughter, Okatsu, who later becomes Atsuhime. She grows up as a tomboy, full of wonders, yet warm-hearted. Meanwhile, as Satsuma clan is under going financial reform, headed by chief retainer Zusho, Tadatake is punished for being lenient with farmers. Okatsu, unable to absorb why her father is punished, charges over to Zusho.

here's the link for the dramawiki page---> click here


Posted: Jan 17th, '08, 04:30
by toyotaku
Welcome to the wonderful world of NHK's year-long taiga. :-) Don't get your hopes up that someone will softsub it and not just because it's long. My understanding is that the language used in taiga is more historical in form and not as easy to translate. If we're lucky, someone will upload the US broadcast of it, which will be English hardsubs. As I think groink explained in another thread, we still have a couple of weeks left of last year's taiga, Fuurin kazan before it ever begins being shown in the US.

I'm particularly interested in this year's taiga because it involves the period of history I have a strong interest and some background in... the bakumatsu and Meiji Restoration.

Posted: Jan 17th, '08, 13:13
by biniBningPunkista
toyotaku wrote:Welcome to the wonderful world of NHK's year-long taiga. :-) Don't get your hopes up that someone will softsub it and not just because it's long. My understanding is that the language used in taiga is more historical in form and not as easy to translate. If we're lucky, someone will upload the US broadcast of it, which will be English hardsubs. As I think groink explained in another thread, we still have a couple of weeks left of last year's taiga, Fuurin kazan before it ever begins being shown in the US.

I'm particularly interested in this year's taiga because it involves the period of history I have a strong interest and some background in... the bakumatsu and Meiji Restoration.
souka.. now i understand what groink meant about English hardsubs for this... :D thanks for clearing that to me... btw, how many episodes does taiga dramas usually have?

Posted: Jan 22nd, '08, 04:49
by carbonated.soda
i've heard that this taiga drama will have about 50 episodes. oooh i want english subs. i've watched the first ep but the japanese is crazy hard to understand. x.x

Posted: Jan 22nd, '08, 18:19
by Hachiko-chan
I want to see this but mostly because Horikita Maki will be in it in march.
But hopefully the japanese is not too difficult to understand.

Posted: Jan 23rd, '08, 10:14
by hikaru_11
i hope someone will up the subbed episodes. i'm really interested in this taiga. still crossing fingers. XD

Posted: Jan 23rd, '08, 15:53
by biniBningPunkista

@hiraku, i know.. i hope someone would do it ne? but then again.. waiting for it half a year is something to look forward to though.. at least we know that there would be an english sub after a few months... :D

Posted: Feb 3rd, '08, 01:28
by FullMetal-Guitarist
I didn't want to start a new thread since this one was already started... I'm in the US and I saw the small preview for Atsu Hime after Fuurin. They showed a long 15 min preview special, and I've seen the RAW floating around on BT. I was wondering if anyone would sub or has subbed this preview yet?

Posted: Feb 4th, '08, 00:18
by XrayMind
I was going to upload the the English sub version broadcast in Los Angeles. Now it looks like I would have to withdraw myself from that duty. Because of an issue with my landlord, I have to leave my place of resident at the end of this month. Nothing personal nor financial, I am still on good term with them.

Anyway, I don't know what my the reception at the my new resident will be like. As I am currently recording everything over the air ATSC(digital) with a roof antenna with great line of sight.

Here in LA, we had 3 new Jdramas with English subtitles just started or about to start. Asakusa Fukumaru Ryokan started 2 weeks ago. Jigoku no Sata mo Yome Shidai will start tonight and Atsu-hime next week.

Posted: Feb 4th, '08, 07:51
by kiddygrade
I continue to pray for some team to pick up this project. The ratings are good each week, so people in Japan sure like this series. But it is also true that a jidaigeki is always harder to understand and translate that a "modern" renzoku…

Posted: Feb 4th, '08, 08:26
by groink
I'll be recording this series for my own use - as I've done since Toshiie to Matsu days. But I don't plan on uploading it anywhere. I'm waiting for someone else to take on the challenge of uploading episodes for an entire year. As I've done with Musashi, Shinsengumi! and Furin Kazan, I'll help replace whatever episode are missing.

The advantages of being in Hawaii are that we're about four or five weeks behind California, so any mess-up in CA can be covered here. Each episode here airs TWICE (Tuesday and Sunday), giving us a chance to capture it a second time if the first time is messed up. With Furin Kazan, both recordings in CA failed, and the HI Tuesday failed. We had to rely on the HI Sunday. Even if HI Sunday failed, my back-up TV Japan channel airs the episode with English subs about four weeks later. Redundancy is a good thing!

--- groink

Posted: Feb 6th, '08, 11:41
by melodramatic
Man I really want to see this drama. I would LOOOOVE to upload the English hard subs except......I live in Japan. :-(

I once caught it while I was flipping through channels. It was SO hard to understand. About 10 times harder than the modern dramas. :(

Posted: Feb 13th, '08, 23:16
by TomaHeart
XrayMind wrote:I was going to upload the the English sub version broadcast in Los Angeles. Now it looks like I would have to withdraw myself from that duty. Because of an issue with my landlord, I have to leave my place of resident at the end of this month. Nothing personal nor financial, I am still on good term with them.

Anyway, I don't know what my the reception at the my new resident will be like. As I am currently recording everything over the air ATSC(digital) with a roof antenna with great line of sight.

Here in LA, we had 3 new Jdramas with English subtitles just started or about to start. Asakusa Fukumaru Ryokan started 2 weeks ago. Jigoku no Sata mo Yome Shidai will start tonight and Atsu-hime next week.
What time/ channel does it show in Los Angeles?

Posted: Feb 16th, '08, 01:51
by XrayMind
TomaHeart wrote: What time/ channel does it show in Los Angeles?
Channel 18, Saturday 9PM. Feb 9 was first half of episode 1. This Saturday will be the second half.

Posted: Feb 16th, '08, 18:49
by TomaHeart
XrayMind wrote:
TomaHeart wrote: What time/ channel does it show in Los Angeles?
Channel 18, Saturday 9PM. Feb 9 was first half of episode 1. This Saturday will be the second half.
Thank you so much for the info!! Will be sure to watch it tonight. :salut:

Posted: Feb 28th, '08, 23:42
by cam169
Is this Thread still alive...would love to continue the discussion since Atsu Hime is now being uploaded with English subs. It's quite interesting until now and I'm also waiting for all the other actors/actresses appearances.

Posted: Mar 7th, '08, 09:30
by biniBningPunkista
cam169 wrote:Is this Thread still alive...would love to continue the discussion since Atsu Hime is now being uploaded with English subs. It's quite interesting until now and I'm also waiting for all the other actors/actresses appearances.

let me guess.. you're waiting for maki ne?? lolz..
thanks to ap i get to watch it at last!!! so far there are 3 episodes that are up!!! im so excited to see the next episode. :D it's a really goOd show.. and the ratings are quite high toO.

When will these guys to be seen in Atsuhime?

Posted: Apr 11th, '08, 18:38
by powerKid
When I was in NHK Studio Park Shibuya a few days ago they had an exhibiton about Atsuhime and there was a cure correlation chart where I found the photos of

Horikita Maki
Tamaki Hiroshi
Matsuda Shota

and I just wondered im someone know when they will air or in what episode they were already to be seen.

Thank you~ love you all >D

Posted: Apr 27th, '08, 04:15
by mokupuni
cam169 wrote:Is this Thread still alive...would love to continue the discussion since Atsu Hime is now being uploaded with English subs. It's quite interesting until now and I'm also waiting for all the other actors/actresses appearances.
Could you please point where the torrents are residing for these? I did not find them on this site. Much thanks for the help!

Mokupuni

Posted: Apr 27th, '08, 04:44
by ImL0st
It's under "atsu-hime" just do a torrent search for "atsu-hime"

Posted: Apr 27th, '08, 08:52
by mokupuni
ImL0st wrote:It's under "atsu-hime" just do a torrent search for "atsu-hime"
Thank you! I was putting in atsuhime without the dash.

Oh joy!

atsuhimi drama

Posted: May 6th, '08, 20:30
by samurie
seemed to be missing this weeks eng subtitle ep, I miss my weekly fix..
anyone else miss atsu..??

Posted: May 7th, '08, 21:09
by cam169
biniBningPunkista wrote:
let me guess.. you're waiting for maki ne?? lolz..
thanks to ap i get to watch it at last!!! so far there are 3 episodes that are up!!! im so excited to see the next episode. :D it's a really goOd show.. and the ratings are quite high toO.
Exactly XD...but also for Matsuda Shota, even though Eita is enough for me at the moment LOL..

But despite these facts, the show is really good. They know how to keep the suspense. I'm always dying to watch the next episode.

@ samurie

Yeah I miss it too, hope they didn't stop subbing :/

@ mokupuni

Sry, I completely forgot about this topic.

Posted: May 30th, '08, 22:41
by sumire_chan
i think someone already asked but... does anyone know what eps horikita, tamaki and matsuda are in? i've watched a few eps but it seems they won't be appearing for a while : ( it would be such a great help if anyone knows, thanks!!

Posted: Jun 10th, '08, 22:30
by cam169
Well I think they'll will appear around the end of July/August....well definitely after a few episodes and after Atsu-Hime's marriage to the Shogun.

According to the synopsis Matsuda Shota is going to appear in episode 23...Maki is going to appear after wards since she is going to marry Shota.

Posted: Jun 10th, '08, 22:41
by Wongo
Anyone else wonder how Eita is doing 2 dramas at the same time...?

Posted: Jun 10th, '08, 22:51
by biniBningPunkista
wongo: last friends is probably finished on filming that's why he's able to film in atsu hime... i really like his character in this drama, makes a lot of sense with all his feelings.

cam169 i knew it! lolz. i've been waiting for hiroshi tamaki to come out too. oh well.. every episode gets better :) so im really happy watching. im really glad ap decided to upload it and let us enjoy the show.

powerKid im currently in episode 15 and still no maki, shota or hiroshi tamaki in sight. hopefully one of them comes out on episode 16 or 17. lolz.. i'll inform you once i see them on :D


guys... haven't you noticed thought that there are a lot of men crying in this drama? i mean, aren't japanese men during those era supposed to hide their feelings and be manly? or was i wrong on assuming things? lolz.. i just took notice of that :D


Posted: Jun 11th, '08, 00:56
by Wongo
biniBningPunkista wrote:wongo: last friends is probably finished on filming that's why he's able to film in atsu hime... i really like his character in this drama, makes a lot of sense with all his feelings.

cam169 i knew it! lolz. i've been waiting for hiroshi tamaki to come out too. oh well.. every episode gets better :) so im really happy watching. im really glad ap decided to upload it and let us enjoy the show.

powerKid im currently in episode 15 and still no maki, shota or hiroshi tamaki in sight. hopefully one of them comes out on episode 16 or 17. lolz.. i'll inform you once i see them on :D


guys... haven't you noticed thought that there are a lot of men crying in this drama? i mean, aren't japanese men during those era supposed to hide their feelings and be manly? or was i wrong on assuming things? lolz.. i just took notice of that :D

Whose cried?...Naogaro maybe...once...alone......and probably her dad....in front of his family.......but not to anyone else I think....

Posted: Jun 11th, '08, 02:16
by biniBningPunkista
wongo: saigo-san cried in front of nariakira, his friend cried too with Naogoro... i think nariakira cried too (over his dead sons though) :D

Posted: Jun 11th, '08, 04:45
by Wongo
Nariakara seems to have bad luck......kind of felt sorry for him...after his son died........

Posted: Jun 11th, '08, 05:02
by biniBningPunkista
Wongo wrote:Nariakara seems to have bad luck......kind of felt sorry for him...after his son died........

according to the story line, he is being cursed that's why those things happen to him. but i then all those things stopped when Atsu Hime came to meet the person who was trying to do those things to Nariakira.
im really looking forward to the next episodes :D and refraining myself from watching the other episodes because i want to reserve at least 4 episodes to watch with out getting to much excited. lolz... :lol i can't wait to know what would happen to her when she gets to marry a crazy shogun!!!

but then again... im wishing at the back of my head that the shogun isn't really crazy and is just trying to fool people so he can live a more carefree life.

Posted: Jun 11th, '08, 11:47
by Wongo
biniBningPunkista wrote:
Wongo wrote:Nariakara seems to have bad luck......kind of felt sorry for him...after his son died........

according to the story line, he is being cursed that's why those things happen to him. but i then all those things stopped when Atsu Hime came to meet the person who was trying to do those things to Nariakira.
im really looking forward to the next episodes :D and refraining myself from watching the other episodes because i want to reserve at least 4 episodes to watch with out getting to much excited. lolz... :lol i can't wait to know what would happen to her when she gets to marry a crazy shogun!!!

but then again... im wishing at the back of my head that the shogun isn't really crazy and is just trying to fool people so he can live a more carefree life.
That's true he does seem like that could be the case........that man is really crazy and I can't believe they let him run Japan for so long.......remember the case with him chasing the Duck?

Posted: Jun 11th, '08, 18:22
by biniBningPunkista
Wongo wrote:
That's true he does seem like that could be the case........that man is really crazy and I can't believe they let him run Japan for so long.......remember the case with him chasing the Duck?

hai.. i remember that.. what i found funny was when he was watering plants when it was raining, and he was drawing while his okasa was posing in front of him. then when he showed the finished product, it was a picture of a duck. i was laughing so hard then!!! :lol

i really hope the shogun snaps out of it when atsu hime marries him...
by the way here's a picture of maki horikita for this drama..

Image
credits to atskv9 for posting it in mao-inoue.co.nr

what do you guys think? :|

Posted: Jun 11th, '08, 20:23
by Wongo
biniBningPunkista wrote:
Wongo wrote:
That's true he does seem like that could be the case........that man is really crazy and I can't believe they let him run Japan for so long.......remember the case with him chasing the Duck?

hai.. i remember that.. what i found funny was when he was watering plants when it was raining, and he was drawing while his okasa was posing in front of him. then when he showed the finished product, it was a picture of a duck. i was laughing so hard then!!! :lol

i really hope the shogun snaps out of it when atsu hime marries him...
by the way here's a picture of maki horikita for this drama..

Image
credits to atskv9 for posting it in mao-inoue.co.nr

what do you guys think? :|
Still glowing :)..

The shogun really creeps me out....with his actions....they should just assisinate him already....and get a new shogun..

Posted: Jun 13th, '08, 17:05
by cam169
Wongo wrote:
biniBningPunkista wrote:
Wongo wrote:Nariakara seems to have bad luck......kind of felt sorry for him...after his son died........

according to the story line, he is being cursed that's why those things happen to him. but i then all those things stopped when Atsu Hime came to meet the person who was trying to do those things to Nariakira.
im really looking forward to the next episodes :D and refraining myself from watching the other episodes because i want to reserve at least 4 episodes to watch with out getting to much excited. lolz... :lol i can't wait to know what would happen to her when she gets to marry a crazy shogun!!!

but then again... im wishing at the back of my head that the shogun isn't really crazy and is just trying to fool people so he can live a more carefree life.
That's true he does seem like that could be the case........that man is really crazy and I can't believe they let him run Japan for so long.......remember the case with him chasing the Duck?
I don't think he's completely insane...sometimes I get the feeling that it's all an act and he knows very well what is going on and is actually pretty smart . I Think that he only wants people to believe he is crazy so that he can do what he pleases until he really strikes LOL...and I think Atsu-Hime can handle him ;D
Maki looks so strange with the weird make up XD...still cute though

Posted: Jun 13th, '08, 17:11
by Makoto_
oooohhh I was wiching see maki-chan in this drama, and now I´m waiting for see shota-kun and tamaki-san
wich episode maki-chan appear for first time?

Posted: Jun 13th, '08, 17:15
by cam169
Maki hasn't appeared yet. Shota's going to be on episode 23 I guess ;D

Posted: Jun 13th, '08, 17:18
by Makoto_
woow thanks, the last episode that I saw was 16th, just a few more for see shota, :)
I love see my icons for here thank you!! ;)

Posted: Jun 13th, '08, 18:17
by biniBningPunkista
lolz.. im not alone in thinking that maki looks weird in the pic. but hopefully she wouldn't look weird when she acts out on the actual drama. that was a screen cap from a photo shoot for atsu hime. i really wonder :unsure: what maki's part would be in this drama.. so goes with shota and tamaki.

cam169: i really hope that's the case for shougun Iesada... :D we all have a wishful thinking ne? :roll

have you guys read the japan wiki for atsu hime? according history, she wouldn't be able to fulfill her duties as a shougun's wife inside the castle. because iesada would die early. that's in japan wiki. im not sure if that's a reliable source though... so if the sequence of the drama would follow the actual history... what would happen to the plot? i really hope they do something about the story line. :glare:

Posted: Jun 13th, '08, 20:03
by Makoto_
Well I have looking the official site, and there are a shota pic already, but maki and tamaki not yet

Image

Posted: Jun 13th, '08, 20:06
by biniBningPunkista
Makoto_ wrote:Well I have looking the official site, and there are a shota pic already, but maki and tamaki not yet

Image
any news on what his role would be?

scratch that question.. he's one of the shogun's relatives. im not sure if he is the brother or cousin. but he is part of the shogun's family.

tamaki's character is from another clan while maki... is part of the imperial court.

Posted: Jun 13th, '08, 20:10
by Makoto_
I can´t read kanjis but he is in the shogun family, in iesada caracther there are a number 13 and in the shota caracther there are a number 14, this could be a clue rigth?
and he would be married with maki-chan? ot her concubine or something like that

Posted: Jun 13th, '08, 20:11
by cam169
Shota's role:
He's going to be the next shogun after the crazy one. Just read in the synopsis...so Maki is going to be the next "First Lady" ( I don't know how they call it LOL
PS....Shota looks good even with that hairstyle XD

Posted: Jun 13th, '08, 23:43
by Wongo
biniBningPunkista wrote:lolz.. im not alone in thinking that maki looks weird in the pic. but hopefully she wouldn't look weird when she acts out on the actual drama. that was a screen cap from a photo shoot for atsu hime. i really wonder :unsure: what maki's part would be in this drama.. so goes with shota and tamaki.

cam169: i really hope that's the case for shougun Iesada... :D we all have a wishful thinking ne? :roll

have you guys read the japan wiki for atsu hime? according history, she wouldn't be able to fulfill her duties as a shougun's wife inside the castle. because iesada would die early. that's in japan wiki. im not sure if that's a reliable source though... so if the sequence of the drama would follow the actual history... what would happen to the plot? i really hope they do something about the story line. :glare:
They will probably follow history.....

Posted: Jun 16th, '08, 05:37
by quandary
This is being broadcast on KTSF, channel 26 (last night was episode 18, I think) in the San Francisco bay area on Saturday nights with excellent subs (I don't speak Japanese so what do I know, but they make sense). There aren't enough superlatives to apply, everything is good. Miyazaki Aoi was born for this role, and everyone else, especially Eita as Naogoro, is wonderful. I can't recommend this highly enough.

Posted: Jun 21st, '08, 03:57
by biniBningPunkista
Eita's role as Naogoro
i find it fascinating as his role unfolds on every episode.

I would like to say that i kind of saw it coming that naogoro would be ending up with chika. although deep in my heart i still want her to end up with atsu hime. *sigh* but anyways, im really happy to say that naogoro will have a good wife at his side. it also seems that chika kind of liked him already in the previous episodes with the hint of how she looks at him.

what im really worried about is when atsu hime finds out that his husband to be has a loose thread in his head. i feel really bad for her... i really wish that the shogun snaps out of it.

Posted: Jun 21st, '08, 08:38
by Wongo
biniBningPunkista wrote:Eita's role as Naogoro
i find it fascinating as his role unfolds on every episode.

I would like to say that i kind of saw it coming that naogoro would be ending up with chika. although deep in my heart i still want her to end up with atsu hime. *sigh* but anyways, im really happy to say that naogoro will have a good wife at his side. it also seems that chika kind of liked him already in the previous episodes with the hint of how she looks at him.

what im really worried about is when atsu hime finds out that his husband to be has a loose thread in his head. i feel really bad for her... i really wish that the shogun snaps out of it.
I like the fact that we can get hints of future wives with just a look. I think it's already hinted that the shogun is pretty intelligent. So he's just crazy. I wonder what illness his previous 2 wives died from.

Posted: Jun 21st, '08, 11:44
by cam169
Wongo wrote:
biniBningPunkista wrote:Eita's role as Naogoro
i find it fascinating as his role unfolds on every episode.

I would like to say that i kind of saw it coming that naogoro would be ending up with chika. although deep in my heart i still want her to end up with atsu hime. *sigh* but anyways, im really happy to say that naogoro will have a good wife at his side. it also seems that chika kind of liked him already in the previous episodes with the hint of how she looks at him.

what im really worried about is when atsu hime finds out that his husband to be has a loose thread in his head. i feel really bad for her... i really wish that the shogun snaps out of it.
I like the fact that we can get hints of future wives with just a look. I think it's already hinted that the shogun is pretty intelligent. So he's just crazy. I wonder what illness his previous 2 wives died from.
Thant's exactly what I was thinking. There's always a hint for future events. That's why I also think that the shogun, despite acting like a crazy dude, is quite smart. I just hope Atsu Hime will be able to find out.

And in case of Naogoro...I was also still hoping for him to end up with Atsu hime XD

Posted: Jun 21st, '08, 12:14
by pao-ran
What's a taiga? o.O

Posted: Jun 21st, '08, 17:48
by hanapyupyu
Are the english subs out for Atsuhime? I can't find the subs in the subtitle forum. :scratch:

Posted: Jun 21st, '08, 17:53
by biniBningPunkista
pao-ran a taiga is a long historic drama in japan. usually they only air 10-11 episodes per drama... but a taiga airs along 50 episodes.

hanapyupyu are you looking for the soft subs or hard subs? because there are no soft subs. only hard ones, and all of it were upload by ap. try typing in the torrent section "atsu hime" with the space in it. that could do the trick :D

for anyone who would like to have this... its all yours. there's just a proper credit, just please don't remove it from the pic. :mrgreen:

Image

Posted: Jun 22nd, '08, 08:56
by hanapyupyu
biniBningPunkista wrote:hanapyupyu are you looking for the soft subs or hard subs? because there are no soft subs. only hard ones, and all of it were upload by ap. try typing in the torrent section "atsu hime" with the space in it. that could do the trick :D


Thanks for the heads up. :) I'm looking for the soft-subs, because the raws are smaller sized files than the hard subs. I guess I'll go download a few eps of the hard subs and see if I like the show enough to keep watching.

Posted: Jun 22nd, '08, 19:36
by Makoto_
I found two pics about tamaki-kun in his atsuhime role!:

Image
Image

Posted: Jun 24th, '08, 10:39
by cam169
LOL The first encounter between Atsu-Hime and the Shogun was kind of unexpected.
I'm excited about the "woman-fight" between Atsu and the concubine...btw she is not that pretty XD

Posted: Jun 24th, '08, 17:34
by biniBningPunkista
whaa...!! i haven't seen it yet... im still downloading episode 19. kyaaaaaaa....!!!!

Posted: Jun 24th, '08, 22:38
by biniBningPunkista
Makoto_ wrote:I found two pics about tamaki-kun in his atsuhime role!:

Image
Image

sugoi!!! where did you see those pictures??? he looks like he came from a lower rank family then he just gradually got to the higher level in their society.
i can't wait for the next episodes!!! im so giddy right now, i was startled with the scene on the preview where;

the shogun catches atsu hime and then another clip where atsu hime was so surprised with something. lolz...

i was laughing at the previous... :cheers: kyaaa... its getting me too excited that its getting bad for my health. haha... :lol

cam169 wrote:LOL The first encounter between Atsu-Hime and the Shogun was kind of unexpected.
I'm excited about the "woman-fight" between Atsu and the concubine...btw she is not that pretty XD
the encounter was really funny. i couldn't paint atsu hime's face when she saw the shogun, even her servant was so shocked to see him like that. i might just download the raw just to see what happens next. lolz... i had fun watching it ^_^v thanks to AP.
how did you know that there would be a show down between her and the concubine? i wonder what episode that would be...

Posted: Jun 24th, '08, 23:04
by marienella_m
it's official!! Maki will start her role in Atsuhime on August 17.

here's a picture of her and Shota, they visited the grave of Kazunomiya-hime.:D

Image
Image

they look so good together.. :wub:

Posted: Jun 24th, '08, 23:19
by cam169
biniBningPunkista wrote:
cam169 wrote:LOL The first encounter between Atsu-Hime and the Shogun was kind of unexpected.
I'm excited about the "woman-fight" between Atsu and the concubine...btw she is not that pretty XD
the encounter was really funny. i couldn't paint atsu hime's face when she saw the shogun, even her servant was so shocked to see him like that. i might just download the raw just to see what happens next. lolz... i had fun watching it ^_^v thanks to AP.
how did you know that there would be a show down between her and the concubine? i wonder what episode that would be...
I didn't know it, but in the preview Ikushima says something about it XD...I'm so excited..I can't wait for the next episode, seems to be fun.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
EDIT...marienella_m you were faster than me XD and I was daydreaming lol

And also, there is an announcement about Maki and Shota appearing in Atsu-Hime on the 24th ( with gorgeous pics ):

http://www.d-addicts.com/forum/viewtopi ... tm#1054623

Posted: Jun 24th, '08, 23:44
by biniBningPunkista
here's some screen caps from the atsu hime site.

this is where shota and atsu hime finally meets up.

Image

i find this other screen cap fascinating and cute. atsu hime and iesada having a conversation, the colors are definitely adorable here. don't you guys agree? :D
Image

Posted: Jul 3rd, '08, 14:02
by cam169
Awww just watched ep 20, that was an interesting episode!
So like foretold, Iesada is not crazy or anything like that. I am dying to know why he is pretending to be a fool. And Atsu should do something about that concubine <_<

Does anybody else think that it's kinda of awkward to have someone sitting next to you while you are *ahem* you know what XD?
I don't know why but Iesada and Atsu look good together :roll

Posted: Jul 29th, '08, 22:55
by Elephant
groink wrote:I'll be recording this series for my own use - as I've done since Toshiie to Matsu days. But I don't plan on uploading it anywhere. I'm waiting for someone else to take on the challenge of uploading episodes for an entire year. As I've done with Musashi, Shinsengumi! and Furin Kazan, I'll help replace whatever episode are missing.

--- groink
ap has been uploading the tv captures, but unfortunately the one for ep 24 didn't work out. Should a request be made in Seeding and Upload Requests for groink to save the day?

Posted: Jul 30th, '08, 05:52
by biniBningPunkista
cam169 wrote:Awww just watched ep 20, that was an interesting episode!
So like foretold, Iesada is not crazy or anything like that. I am dying to know why he is pretending to be a fool. And Atsu should do something about that concubine <_<

Does anybody else think that it's kinda of awkward to have someone sitting next to you while you are *ahem* you know what XD?
I don't know why but Iesada and Atsu look good together :roll

it's weird to think that way ne? but they really do look cute together! lolz...


Elephant wrote:
groink wrote:I'll be recording this series for my own use - as I've done since Toshiie to Matsu days. But I don't plan on uploading it anywhere. I'm waiting for someone else to take on the challenge of uploading episodes for an entire year. As I've done with Musashi, Shinsengumi! and Furin Kazan, I'll help replace whatever episode are missing.

--- groink
ap has been uploading the tv captures, but unfortunately the one for ep 24 didn't work out. Should a request be made in Seeding and Upload Requests for groink to save the day?
oh yeah i've read about that news. hopefully Groink would be able to read your post. :D and help out.

Posted: Jul 31st, '08, 11:37
by cam169
So tht's the reason why the new episode isn't out yet :/

I hope she reads it. I can't wait >_<

Posted: Aug 2nd, '08, 00:30
by antspace
Let me second that!

Please AP, don't give up on the series! Maybe you could post a short recap and go on with ep. 25.
Thanks for uploading till now!!

Posted: Aug 4th, '08, 17:24
by cam169
I just watched ep 25.. and omg
the Shogun's mother was being a bi*** for not letting them see each other.
Next episode looks very fierce...so much drama. Poor Atsu, the wish of her "father" is just giving her a hard time :/

Posted: Aug 4th, '08, 18:41
by biniBningPunkista
cam169 wrote:I just watched ep 25.. and omg
the Shogun's mother was being a bi*** for not letting them see each other.
Next episode looks very fierce...so much drama. Poor Atsu, the wish of her "father" is just giving her a hard time :/

gaaaaaddd!! i loved this episode. i swear i love this episode. although im kind of scared to watch the next one coz a lot of things are going to happen. kya!!!

i agree to cam toO. the mother is just plainly a pain.

Posted: Aug 5th, '08, 22:54
by antspace
Well, Iesada Sama warned us about the Ooku. So Atsu Hime Sama's first impression was deceiving. Curious how she'll pull through. Love her straightforwardness an d having confidence in her intelligence and her sound judgment! Can't bloody wait for the next ep!!
By the way, poor Okubo... Though times!

Posted: Aug 9th, '08, 15:26
by Kathstandsalone
I've always been interested to watch a historical action drama ... so this time round, rly want to watch this year's taiga drama. i'm trying to watch ep 1 with traditional chinese subs. :S not easy.

Posted: Aug 10th, '08, 01:10
by ap
there's going to be a delay in posting ep's 26 and 27since i'm almost half way around the world. i wwouldn't be able to encode them till i get back on the 24th of this month. this is a trip i had to make with about 2 hrs notice. :x

ap

Posted: Aug 10th, '08, 01:30
by biniBningPunkista
ap wrote:there's going to be a delay in posting ep's 26 and 27since i'm almost half way around the world. i wwouldn't be able to encode them till i get back on the 24th of this month. this is a trip i had to make with about 2 hrs notice. :x

ap
don't sweat it ap ^_^v we're all willing to wait.

Posted: Aug 11th, '08, 10:32
by antspace
Patience is a virtue, but impatience seems to be my forte. :-)

Posted: Aug 12th, '08, 20:27
by samurie
thank you for your hard work ap - but omg the wait is killing me :)
I love this drama very much and not being able to understand japanese makes me
want to go and learn how to understand - I love the japanese culture very much
and enjoy this drama so much - again thank you for your hard work.

Posted: Aug 17th, '08, 10:56
by Tadanga
Just one more week to go before ap gets back on station.
Tanoshimi !

Posted: Aug 17th, '08, 18:16
by samurie
can not wait :)

Posted: Aug 17th, '08, 22:40
by OishiKuranosuke
Is there anywhere we can find out who the actors/characters will be for the upcoming episodes? I'm really curious to see if Shinsengumi will be appearing, perhaps in a cameo.

Was glad to hear that Kataoka Tsurutaro was appearing in this taiga as Iwakura, though!