Login Issue? Delete D-addicts cookie from your browser settings and login again.

Atsu-hime (Taiga Drama)

Discuss Japanese drama series here.
biniBningPunkista

Post by biniBningPunkista » Aug 21st, '08, 18:26

OishiKuranosuke wrote:Is there anywhere we can find out who the actors/characters will be for the upcoming episodes? I'm really curious to see if Shinsengumi will be appearing, perhaps in a cameo.

Was glad to hear that Kataoka Tsurutaro was appearing in this taiga as Iwakura, though!

have you tried Drama wiki? it's all there... even the synopsis until episode 30 is there. just to give an over view if you can't wait.. :D i gave a little sneak peek on that one.
http://wiki.d-addicts.com/index.php?tit ... edirect=no

Tadanga

Post by Tadanga » Sep 1st, '08, 00:35

Episodes 28 & 29 have really marked the half way point of the series.
Things are definitely getting dicey for our princess. Taihen !!

PS : HUGE thanks to ap for sticking with us by providing all the episodes even though this commitment has surely inconvenienced his daily life.

thienly

Post by thienly » Sep 20th, '08, 13:27

do you guys know if we have english sub or any fansub subbing this drama ? íts too long so I am very doubful

biniBningPunkista

Post by biniBningPunkista » Sep 20th, '08, 16:29

thienly wrote:do you guys know if we have english sub or any fansub subbing this drama ? íts too long so I am very doubful
check the torrent, its already uploaded. ^_^v

thienly

Post by thienly » Sep 20th, '08, 22:20

subtitles are uploaded with the video file? not in the subtitle page?

techie
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by techie » Sep 20th, '08, 23:28

groink wrote:I'll be recording this series for my own use - as I've done since Toshiie to Matsu days. But I don't plan on uploading it anywhere. I'm waiting for someone else to take on the challenge of uploading episodes for an entire year. As I've done with Musashi, Shinsengumi! and Furin Kazan, I'll help replace whatever episode are missing.

The advantages of being in Hawaii are that we're about four or five weeks behind California, so any mess-up in CA can be covered here. Each episode here airs TWICE (Tuesday and Sunday), giving us a chance to capture it a second time if the first time is messed up. With Furin Kazan, both recordings in CA failed, and the HI Tuesday failed. We had to rely on the HI Sunday. Even if HI Sunday failed, my back-up TV Japan channel airs the episode with English subs about four weeks later. Redundancy is a good thing!

--- groink
My gosh... I dont even have that good redundancy on my four computer systems :lol
Good to know I wont be missing this one either.

The only Taiga I have not gone trhough since Toshiie and Matsu must be Shuushingura which I didnt care much for the first episodes of for some reason.

This one is surely looking promising and since I only got through episode one through six today I wont read the rest of this thread, for fear of spoilers.

biniBningPunkista

Post by biniBningPunkista » Sep 21st, '08, 10:04

thienly wrote:subtitles are uploaded with the video file? not in the subtitle page?
yep. its already HARDSUBBED and direct from the show.

chokubi

Post by chokubi » Sep 26th, '08, 11:45

So, few weeks ago I decided to pick this one up, and after watching up till episode 32(<3 ap), I can say that I'm blown away speechless.
With all the emotional roller-coaster going on in each episode and a strong suspenseful sequence towards every ending, I can see why the ratings are consistently (and crazily) high.
I love everything about this show: the historical bits, the music, the lack of n00b actors, and most of all, the depiction of the story itself that glues your eyes to the screen and leave you in anticipation at the end of every one.
This is my 1st Taiga drama and I absolutely love it.

alesi5

Post by alesi5 » Oct 5th, '08, 10:55

Anyone heard if AP is away? Hanging for next episodes, I guess we'll at least get a couple at a time after a long period. It could just be down to broadcast timing...

cam169

Post by cam169 » Oct 16th, '08, 11:54

I'm also wondering what happenend. Even thogh I hope ap is going to continue with it. Can't wait for the next episodes :/

antspace

Post by antspace » Oct 16th, '08, 19:29

Mmm... suffering from a slight panic attack as well. Still, it seems AP has a life, so we should be patient! ; )

samurie

Post by samurie » Oct 16th, '08, 23:19

I must say Im also worried as Iam so hooked on this drama, I check daily 2 to 3 times
hoping that the next episode will show up... :-(

antspace

Post by antspace » Oct 23rd, '08, 07:46

Testing 1 2...

Uh sorry, another panic attack. Does anyone know what's happening with AP? It would really be a shame if this series would be abandoned.

chokubi

Post by chokubi » Oct 23rd, '08, 07:57

Well, I won't be surprised if he caught someone uploading his subs. And silently stopped uploading them for us. . :unsure:

biniBningPunkista

Post by biniBningPunkista » Oct 27th, '08, 15:59

the ones that Ap has previously uploaded are not his own subs... but it is his own video capture that he chose to share to everyone in here. :D

lets just all wait and be patient... then be thankful when he finally uploads the next episodes ne?

to make posts more useful, why don't we just discuss and review each each episodes that you guys have seen so far as we wait?

personally im stuck at episode 26, but im still downloading all the episodes for future purposes... i just have no time to watch all of it YET. but im sure ill find the time to catch up on it in the near future.

im just sort of feeling sad with how the ending might be with this wonderful taiga... since most taigas end up in tragedy (as what i've heard so far) coz that's what happens to national heroes right? they die for their country.

so i was wondering how they would actually end this taiga. would they cut it off on the brink or her success OR would they end it on the part where she dies first before they bring back her original Title in the shogun???
what do you guys think?

samurie

Post by samurie » Oct 28th, '08, 03:01

does anyone know if you can buy this drama direct from NHK .? with hard subs .?
I herd thre my wife that some old drama's they sell but very expensive, no matter
what the cost I must buy this beautiful japanese drama, any links or info would be
great..

thanks

antspace

Post by antspace » Oct 29th, '08, 00:09

Hiya,

I agree, really want to know how it'll all end. But not before i've seen all of his taiga drama. i really hope that it will be continued in some way. Wouldn't mind to buy a dvd either. I'm very much in to the story. Miyazaki Aoi san is probably my favorite actrice since I saw her in Loved Gun! I was amazed to see her as princess Atsu! She really gave so much live to this remarkable woman! I pray that that this drama will be continued in a way! I'm sorry AP was scared away by these stupid people that took his effort and streamed it, and the sites that linked to it! It became to risky! The problem of course lies with the effort not being entirely legal. People can just leech on it without any risk of being sued. AP means well by sharing it with the community. The streamers are trying to make a buck out of that. Understandable but priniciply wrong! It's a dillema that will hardly be solved. My interest lies with the drama, but of course also with the person that enables me to see the drama, The power lies with him/her.
The people who stream, and sites like mysoju should understand that. This problem is a drama on itself. I hope for a happy end!

I guess i should learn japanese to find out what happened to princess Atsu! Untill then i'll have to rely on AP and thank AP for taking the trouble and risk to let us enjoy this epic story!

Thanks!!

biniBningPunkista

Post by biniBningPunkista » Oct 29th, '08, 04:33

samurie i don't think they will be releasing the DVD while the drama is still on air. most drama DVD's come out 3-6 months after the show.

is it me or did ap actually announce he wouldn't be uploading this anymore?
i remember his post in episode 1:

ap wrote:eng title: princess atsu
http://wiki.d-addicts.com/Atsu-hime
ep 1 of 50
avi [xvid,ac3] digtal tv cap
don't upload this anywhere else or we might not see any more eps
im not sure if this is really the case, or if he's just on hiatus... i've seen many people announcing that he ACTUALLY stopped because of some streaming issues. unless he shows up again and posts something regarding these issues... i guess episode 32 would be the end of it.

:cry:

*edit*
AP came back ^_^v happy to download the succeeding episodes... :D

kiddygrade

Post by kiddygrade » Dec 13th, '08, 13:24

Can someone explain to me why the princess is sometimes called o-Katsu (於一) and sometimes (e.g. in ep 3 when its name is given to Nariakira) simply Katsu?

Thanks very much in advance :)

groink

Post by groink » Dec 14th, '08, 02:18

kiddygrade wrote:Can someone explain to me why the princess is sometimes called o-Katsu (於一) and sometimes (e.g. in ep 3 when its name is given to Nariakira) simply Katsu?

Thanks very much in advance :)
Any female name that starts with "O-" is what they call a cognomen. It was heavily used back during the Tokugawa period and even through the Meiji Restoration. But, I think after WWII, the use of cognomen slowly disappeared. It is very old-fashioned. Why the Japanese used this? I'm not really sure, but reading around it appears to have been used as nicknames that showed affection, much like how many people use -chan today.

--- groink

kiddygrade

Post by kiddygrade » Dec 14th, '08, 08:27

Waph, sugoi! Thanks very much indeed for your answer, Groink :)

NewLife

Post by NewLife » Dec 14th, '08, 18:24

samurie : there will be a DVDs .. but i don't know if it with subs ... the DVDs will be out in March 2009 ..

alesi5

Post by alesi5 » Dec 19th, '08, 00:32

Hi everyone,

I was lucky enough to visit NHK studio yesterday in Shibuya, on holiday in Japan right now, they had
really good section and some giveaways for Atsu Hime. Obviously is super popular in Japan and with us here.

I`ll try and post some pics when I get home, was kind of fun looking into a small part of J doramas. You can actually see them making shows, and if you are there at the right time might be lucky enough to see a Taiga being made on set, but all up to luck.

On DVDs.

I did actually go their DVD store at the studio and on a street leading to the studio, no DVDs are released with Eng Subs. It`s really disappointing that this is the case but I guess there just isn`t the market for it overseas. Kind of think they should just chuck them in, seeing as they do have them for the American broadcast...

Also the price is fairly expensive, and old ones are still the same price. Of course you could get on Ebay or something, but that would most likely be in Japanese as well.

The prices were I think 44,000 Yen. About 250 pounds at the moment.

Japan is just such a big market they don't really care so much for the overseas, and the NHK is funded by the public anyhow.

OK, I'll try and share my pics later.

Rob

noisia

Post by noisia » Feb 1st, '09, 12:48

Hey, does anyone know where to direct download the atsu-hime episodes? I don't mind if it's ftp/irc/megaupload/rapidshare.

I can't seem to find it anywhere and I can't torrent either, otherwise I would've grabbed it from d-addicts.

Thanks in advance!

SubMerged0

Post by SubMerged0 » Feb 2nd, '09, 18:57

nosia, you can find them on veoh [mod edit]

you need to install their player, and with a program like downloadhelper, you can save them to your hard drive. it's high quality. there are low quality hardsubbed US broadcasts on mysoju.com

noisia

Post by noisia » Feb 2nd, '09, 22:25

Cheers mate! Appreciate the effort, i was looking at streaming sites for atsuhime, but strangely, I had never ever heard of veoh o_O Thanks, much love <3

ryoerika

Post by ryoerika » Feb 9th, '09, 07:38

I was thinking about watching this drama. Is it worth watching?

SubMerged0

Post by SubMerged0 » Feb 9th, '09, 08:25

without a doubt! it's not a boring taiga drama in any way.

biniBningPunkista

Post by biniBningPunkista » Feb 9th, '09, 16:22

ryoerika wrote:I was thinking about watching this drama. Is it worth watching?
yesssssssssss!!!!! :w000t:
it's all worth the wait and bandwidth and Hard drive space.
ATSU HIME IS WORTH IT.

ryoerika

Post by ryoerika » Feb 9th, '09, 18:39

thank you. i'll watch it then.

biniBningPunkista

Post by biniBningPunkista » Dec 14th, '09, 13:39

i just finished the drama today after marathoning it for 3 days from episode 28 to 50. it took me ONE WHOLE FREAKING YEAR to finish it!!!! :goggle: :goggle: :goggle:

but upon finishing the last episode... i would still say it is all worth it. My first Taiga Drama was worth watching. Atsu Hime would definitely be my recommended dramas and is on my top list of Jdramas.

Thank you very much Ap!!!!

:thumright: