[Discussion] Galileo

Discuss Japanese drama series here.
ZoddGuts

Post by ZoddGuts » May 9th, '13, 00:05

Wasn't fan of the third ep, the mystery felt a bit lazy, it was obvious who was the bad person doing that. The female lead and her friends were annoying as well in this ep.

t12345

Post by t12345 » May 9th, '13, 00:42

Didn't quite impress with ep4 too.,
It would be a very very strong radio power to do the trick and why the wife has to keep secret for what she was doing
Last edited by t12345 on May 10th, '13, 08:30, edited 1 time in total.

Carsuke

Post by Carsuke » May 10th, '13, 03:48

Be careful please, this is a spoiler.

totally_0bsessed

Post by totally_0bsessed » May 15th, '13, 05:04

Episode 5 dropped to 17.9%. It's quite a huge drop. :-(

kiddygrade

Post by kiddygrade » May 15th, '13, 06:54

Just a question : where can I find the complete version of "Gororeo", the lhilarious parody of Galileo by Inagaki Goro and Katori Shingo? Can someone help me on that? Thanks in advance :$

kangxy67

Post by kangxy67 » Jun 11th, '13, 18:23

Watched the first season just before starting on the second, and damn, it's pretty obvious Fukuyama is growing old cos I could see the difference in the amount of hair immediately. xD

Just one question: I just watched ep 7, and I'm quite sure I've seen the female student somewhere before. The one left in the lab while the Prof was stuck somewhere else overnight because he was with the other female student at her hometown. It's bugging me for unknown reasons, so I would really like to know who that is. Does anyone have any idea?

anangan

Post by anangan » Jun 11th, '13, 19:15

kiddygrade wrote:Just a question : where can I find the complete version of "Gororeo", the lhilarious parody of Galileo by Inagaki Goro and Katori Shingo? Can someone help me on that? Thanks in advance :$
Here it is

part 1

http://v.youku.com/v_show/id_XMjkyNTgyNDQ4.html?x

part2

http://www.bilibili.tv/video/av597969/

Anon.

Post by Anon. » Jun 14th, '13, 01:11

Actually, I was much with what seems like the majority on Kishitani...I didn't like her as much as the previous female lead. But now she seems to have grown on me, a lot. So much so that I actually prefer her over the other lead now.

Some of these mysteries are bordering on insanely obvious (i.e. episode 7).
It's incredibly easy to predict just by looking at the blood pattern on the wall. Perhaps I've been watching too much of Dexter. :/

But I sincerely hope the ratings pick up after this. D:

avieamber
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by avieamber » Jun 14th, '13, 02:23

Galileo S2 has been quite disappointing, as if the scriptwriters just can't come up with more interesting mysteries and the explanations...I know they're not supposed to be taken seriously, but...some are not very logical and feels like they're just desperate to come up with something to solve the case. The aftertaste is not satisfying.

ZeldAx

Post by ZeldAx » Jun 23rd, '13, 13:05

Personnally, i prefer so far the first season, the relation between Utsumi/Yukawa still more hilarous than Kishitani/Yukawa.
However, Yoshitaka have some paricular expression who make the story funny.
I loved the episode 06

Galileo XX, the last case of Utsumi Kaoru was yesturday.

BigHeadDog

Post by BigHeadDog » Jun 24th, '13, 23:43

ZeldAx wrote:Personnally, i prefer so far the first season, the relation between Utsumi/Yukawa still more hilarous than Kishitani/Yukawa.
I loved the episode 06

i have the same thinking as you. i prefer utsumi/yukawa pairing. since there is galileo xx yesterday so will there be ep 11 ?

ZeldAx

Post by ZeldAx » Jun 25th, '13, 00:18

BigHeadDog wrote:
ZeldAx wrote:Personnally, i prefer so far the first season, the relation between Utsumi/Yukawa still more hilarous than Kishitani/Yukawa.
I loved the episode 06

i have the same thinking as you. i prefer utsumi/yukawa pairing. since there is galileo xx yesterday so will there be ep 11 ?
Yes, there is the 11th episode (the last one)
It's strange to broadcast the special between the 10 and 11. I suppose, fujitv had no choice, as the movie is for the 29th
Last edited by ZeldAx on Jun 25th, '13, 00:20, edited 1 time in total.

BigHeadDog

Post by BigHeadDog » Jun 25th, '13, 00:19

ZeldAx wrote:
BigHeadDog wrote:
I loved the episode 06

Yes, there is the 11th episode (the last one)
It's strange to broadcast the special between the 10 and 11th. I suppose, fujitv had no choice, as the movie is for the 29th
thanks and glad to know that. recently i was in tokyo and saw there are posters for the movie all over certain areas in tokyo. sweet.

Shannon Cassul

Post by Shannon Cassul » Jun 25th, '13, 18:30

Anyone knows where can i download the full version of video clip Koi no Maryoku by KOH+. I've been searching all over youtube but couldn't find the full version.

And i would love to see the two of them Kishitani & Utsumi working together. It think it would be hilarious.

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

ZeldAx

Post by ZeldAx » Jun 25th, '13, 19:29

Shannon Cassul wrote:Anyone knows where can i download the full version of video clip Koi no Maryoku by KOH+. I've been searching all over youtube but couldn't find the full version.

And i would love to see the two of them Kishitani & Utsumi working together. It think it would be hilarious.

Hi,

Are you sure the video clip is available ?

Shannon Cassul

Post by Shannon Cassul » Jun 25th, '13, 19:43

ZeldAx wrote:
Shannon Cassul wrote:Anyone knows where can i download the full version of video clip Koi no Maryoku by KOH+. I've been searching all over youtube but couldn't find the full version.

Hi,

Are you sure the video clip is available ?
Yes, i think the album was released already, so it should be available. But unfortunately, up until now no one has upload the full version. I only managed to find the shortclip of the video.

btw i'ts the ending soundtrack of the Galileo Season 2

Here's the link if you interested;

ZeldAx

Post by ZeldAx » Jun 25th, '13, 21:23

Thanks for the link, very interesting !!

It's hard to find the video clip of the song, i will try in japanese website. If i have any info, i will tell you

totally_0bsessed

Post by totally_0bsessed » Jun 27th, '13, 02:37

watashiwachiaki

Post by watashiwachiaki » Jun 27th, '13, 04:14

totally_0bsessed wrote:恋の魔力 Full PV :lol

http://v.youku.com/v_show/id_XNTc1ODY2MDQ0.html
thanks! :-)
I wish free mp4 is available.
is it uploaded in jpopsuki?

totally_0bsessed

Post by totally_0bsessed » Jun 27th, '13, 04:33

watashiwachiaki wrote:

thanks! :-)
I wish free mp4 is available.
is it uploaded in jpopsuki?
I'm not sure. I don't have an account over there. :sweat:

ZeldAx

Post by ZeldAx » Jun 27th, '13, 08:19

:w000t: :w000t: :w000t:

Thank you totally_0bsessed :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:

Shannon Cassul

Post by Shannon Cassul » Jun 27th, '13, 14:30

Thank you very much. Finally i'll be able to see the full pv. :D

totally_0bsessed

Post by totally_0bsessed » Jun 28th, '13, 00:20

@ZeldAx & Shannon Cassul
No problem. :lol

kotsukotsu

Post by kotsukotsu » Jun 29th, '13, 20:23

The Japanese of Galileo is extremely standard and easy to understand, so no non-Japanese subbing is needed for the vast majority of people who would be fans of this series.

By the way, the Galileo books, upon which this series is based, are widely available. For example, see the listings on Amazon.jp.

k361
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by k361 » Jun 29th, '13, 21:26

The song is good.

@watashiwachiaki&other: I see the PV (HQ .ts version from jpopsuki) at http://jpddl.com/

BigHeadDog

Post by BigHeadDog » Jun 30th, '13, 01:11

i hope if there is season 3 and it will mention more abt galileo family background and utsumi will come back and maybe their r/s will develop a bit lol...

ZeldAx

Post by ZeldAx » Jun 30th, '13, 01:18

BigHeadDog wrote:i hope if there is season 3 and it will mention more abt galileo family background and utsumi will come back and maybe their r/s will develop a bit lol...
Oh yeah, we can dream ahaha :dance:

BigHeadDog

Post by BigHeadDog » Jun 30th, '13, 01:28

ZeldAx wrote:
BigHeadDog wrote:i hope if there is season 3 and it will mention more abt galileo family background and utsumi will come back and maybe their r/s will develop a bit lol...
hahaha ye dream. i am now waiting for his latest movie to be shown in singapore.

ZeldAx

Post by ZeldAx » Jun 30th, '13, 02:47

BigHeadDog wrote:
ZeldAx wrote:
hahaha ye dream. i am now waiting for his latest movie to be shown in singapore.
Lucky man, it's the same to Taiwan.

Anyone know when the DVD of Manatsu no houteishiki will be available in Japan ? Any idea ?

Yes, i know, it's too early

watashiwachiaki

Post by watashiwachiaki » Jul 6th, '13, 15:15

k361 wrote:The song is good.

@watashiwachiaki&other: I see the PV (HQ .ts version from jpopsuki) at http://jpddl.com/
WOW :O
Thank you!!!!!! :cheers: I just downloaded Koi no maryoku. nice~!
I didnt know about that site. is it new? I had no idea. or I just got caught up in watching kdramas that my pirate radar didn't notice that that site ever existed.
anyway, thx thx thx. Im gonna DL the HQ PV later :lol

ZoddGuts

Post by ZoddGuts » Aug 3rd, '13, 04:20

Wow Galileo Double XX Special was great. A huge step up from Season2. There was an actual sense of mystery for the audience to try to figure out also several plot twist. Wish season 2 was like the special. For anyone who liked Season 1 I highly recommend watching Double XX special.

watashiwachiaki

Post by watashiwachiaki » Aug 3rd, '13, 07:23

ZoddGuts wrote:Wow Galileo Double XX Special was great. A huge step up from Season2. There was an actual sense of mystery for the audience to try to figure out also several plot twist. Wish season 2 was like the special. For anyone who liked Season 1 I highly recommend watching Double XX special.
oh really? that's very good then!
I seriously think galileo plummeted down with season 2.
the only thing I enjoyed was kishitani's character. and it's about gender role issues lol.

I plan on watching the special later tonight. while my dad is at home lol so he can watch also.

ZoddGuts

Post by ZoddGuts » Aug 3rd, '13, 19:46

They mystery isn't spelled out for you so that alone is a huge improvement in the special.

totally_0bsessed

Post by totally_0bsessed » Aug 6th, '13, 23:41

Just finished watching Galileo XX and it was really great! Definitely enjoyed it more than Season 2.
I enjoyed Santamaria Yusuke's character. He was so much better than all of the guest characters on the second season. :lol
Also it's been a while since I last saw Yagira Yuya! He looked great! I hope to see him in more stuff.

avieamber
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by avieamber » Aug 7th, '13, 04:58

I do agree that this Special XX was much better executed than the whole of Season 2 itself :P

The case is filled with suspense and leaves you wondering why why why and how. Meaning, it makes your mind keep thinking. In a good way, I'm glad that Yukawa didn't appear much and only enough to give clues to Kaoru to solve the case. It is afterall, Kaoru Utsumi's last case so it should focus on her and they really gave her a good sendoff. :thumleft:

Surprisingly, I really like Yagira Yuya in this. Well, I've not seen him much before but his role is great here. Hope to see him more in the future.

YukawaManabu

Post by YukawaManabu » Aug 11th, '13, 14:17

They messed up the 2nd season big time. That girl was just too...prissy?

SusieQ

Post by SusieQ » Aug 13th, '13, 00:07

^Yeah, that's Yoshitaka Yuriko for you. I find her either overly unkempt or overly prissy—but always high-pitched and grating—in everything I see her in.

Hey guys, I have a question. What order should I be watching the new Galileo stuff in?

Can I skip season 2 and watch the XX special? I loved season 1, the prequel special, and the first movie. But season 2 holds little interest for me because, as I've said, as much as I try I just don't like Yoshitaka Yuriko.

Then again, maybe season 2 is worth watching? Does Fukuyama Masaharu's role greatly outweigh Yoshitaka Yuriko's? Is she... tolerable?

vulcan300
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by vulcan300 » Aug 13th, '13, 02:44

SusieQ wrote:^Yeah, that's Yoshitaka Yuriko for you. I find her either overly unkempt or overly prissy—but always high-pitched and grating—in everything I see her in.

Hey guys, I have a question. What order should I be watching the new Galileo stuff in?

Can I skip season 2 and watch the XX special? I loved season 1, the prequel special, and the first movie. But season 2 holds little interest for me because, as I've said, as much as I try I just don't like Yoshitaka Yuriko.

Then again, maybe season 2 is worth watching? Does Fukuyama Masaharu's role greatly outweigh Yoshitaka Yuriko's? Is she... tolerable?
I'd personally watch season 2 just for the awesome subs. Not that I'm at all biased or anything ... :mrgreen:

MaiKitty

Post by MaiKitty » Aug 13th, '13, 06:48

SusieQ wrote:^Yeah, that's Yoshitaka Yuriko for you. I find her either overly unkempt or overly prissy—but always high-pitched and grating—in everything I see her in.

I watched season 1 + special and the movie, too, and skipped season 2, because of the same reason. I don't like Yoshitaka Yuriko and for me the main draw-in for Galileo was always Shibasaki Kou anyway. I had no problems with the special. I guess, there were some hints to season 2, but imho, it is not needed to watch season 2. I understood everything just fine.

SusieQ

Post by SusieQ » Aug 14th, '13, 05:26

MaiKitty wrote:I watched season 1 + special and the movie, too, and skipped season 2, because of the same reason. I don't like Yoshitaka Yuriko and for me the main draw-in for Galileo was always Shibasaki Kou anyway. I had no problems with the special. I guess, there were some hints to season 2, but imho, it is not needed to watch season 2. I understood everything just fine.
A straight answer! Thanks! :thumleft:

hunterkirualeorio

Post by hunterkirualeorio » Aug 18th, '13, 00:41

People just have a high expectation of the series after the success it had with Season 1. Season 2 followed the same exact formula from Season 1 and it just lost a bit of freshness and verve to the series. They probably should have cast someone else to play Yoshitaka Yuriko's role, maybe someone older and not as well known. It was painful to watch the interaction between Fukuyama and Yoshitaka. It was almost as if I was watching a spoiled daughter fighting with her dad... :cussing:

ZoddGuts

Post by ZoddGuts » Aug 18th, '13, 01:45

It wasn't just that. The mysteries/crime in S2 were lame to the point it felt they weren't even trying with the mysteries. The Special on the other hand actually tried with it's mystery and had several interesting plot twist. They just didn't try with S2.

coolrain

Post by coolrain » Aug 18th, '13, 03:01

Just finished watching the last episode of season II, I have to say that I like both female leads in both seasons. I don't find Kishitani annoying; on the contrary, I find her somewhat childish moments at times pretty refreshing amidst her high-pitched voice. However, I agree that Shibasaki Kou has better chemistry with Fukuyama. When I watched season 1 I always wished that the plot would give some romantic developments to their characters. Yoshikita is more like a junior student to him but other than that, I don't have any complaints with her role.

I'm going to watch the special episode soon, especially after seeing how all of you praise it.

The last episode, though, gave me quite some thoughts. I find that women, although physically weaker than men in general, can be scarier and crueler than any man once they've turned evil. They can kill you without having to actually touch you. But I wonder how proving that there was arsenic in the rose planter could serve as an evidence to point out Ayane as the murderer? Even if they could prove there was arsenic, they couldn't prove that she planted it on the water filter, plus she had an undeniable alibi when the murder happened too.

YukawaManabu

Post by YukawaManabu » Aug 18th, '13, 07:53

Yes, chemistry. That's what's lacking in s2 (and Kou is an overall awesome actress compared to Yoshitaka Yuriko).
I liked hunterkirualeorio's comment about a spoiled girl fighting with her dad. Spot on!

prestoli
United States of America

Post by prestoli » Aug 19th, '13, 23:04

I have to agree with the other posters who said the mysteries in Season 2 weren't nearly as good as those in the first Season. And I didn't feel any chemistry between the leads; it felt like Fukuyama was just going through the motions.

I do have two questions about the final mystery, in ep 11. Not sure if it's a spoiler but I'll cover it to be safe:
I don't understand why she put the arsenic in the water filter then waited a year to let him use the faucet. Why not wait a year THEN put the arsenic in? Why was it important for the arsenic to sit there?
And secondly, why was she taking the pill so she wouldn't get pregnant? She said she would have forgiven him if he had changed his mind about the baby, so why wouldn't she just have one? Did she just not want to give in to his demands?
Anyway, I'm looking forward to watching the Special. I missed Kou!

ZeldAx

Post by ZeldAx » Aug 30th, '13, 00:39

I finished to read the book 2 weeks ago "Manatsu no houteishiki", its amazing.
Last edited by ZeldAx on Oct 28th, '13, 10:29, edited 1 time in total.

fifimimi

Post by fifimimi » Sep 24th, '13, 21:35

I have just finished Season 2...and it got more and more painful to watch it as went on!! The crimes, mysteries and tricks simple did not 'Wow' me this season compared to the 1st. Maybe it was the freshness of the 1st or the fact that the bar was set too high...but it really lacked anything ground breaking from a viewers point of view. It felt like the conclusions of Yukawa's were not linked well...like you have the answer suddenly presented without truly showing us how it lead there.

The biggest fault of Season 2 was the heroine..Kishitani!! How annoying was she/her character?? I didn't appreciate her role for one moment. She was spoilt, rude, not cute, not nice...and just really hated seeing her rudeness! Her actions were plainly showing no respect for others; she'd storm into the lab not caring for all the scientists...thinks she boss, then demands people to answer/help her. She'd do the same at crime scenes...the final episode when she spurts out tears because of not solving a crime was probably the hardest part of the drama to watch. I was very much wanting to just stop and end it there. I didn't care for what happened afterwards. The biggest mistake with this 2nd season I felt was the leading actress or the role they wrote for her.

ZeldAx

Post by ZeldAx » Oct 28th, '13, 10:28

Manatsu no houteishiki DVD available : 2013/12/25

But still expensive

http://www.cdjapan.co.jp/detailview.html?KEY=PCBE-54369

Hercule

Post by Hercule » Nov 7th, '13, 20:19

fifimimi wrote:I have just finished Season 2...and it got more and more painful to watch it as went on!! The crimes, mysteries and tricks simple did not 'Wow' me this season compared to the 1st. Maybe it was the freshness of the 1st or the fact that the bar was set too high...but it really lacked anything ground breaking from a viewers point of view. It felt like the conclusions of Yukawa's were not linked well...like you have the answer suddenly presented without truly showing us how it lead there.

The biggest fault of Season 2 was the heroine..Kishitani!! How annoying was she/her character?? I didn't appreciate her role for one moment. She was spoilt, rude, not cute, not nice...and just really hated seeing her rudeness! Her actions were plainly showing no respect for others; she'd storm into the lab not caring for all the scientists...thinks she boss, then demands people to answer/help her. She'd do the same at crime scenes...the final episode when she spurts out tears because of not solving a crime was probably the hardest part of the drama to watch. I was very much wanting to just stop and end it there. I didn't care for what happened afterwards. The biggest mistake with this 2nd season I felt was the leading actress or the role they wrote for her.
Wasn't the kou character a hypocrite in season 1? Using galileo for her own gain and not planning to help when he tried to solve a case he was interested in.

Personally I really liked both season 1 and 2, Can't wait for the second movie.

ZeldAx

Post by ZeldAx » Nov 8th, '13, 12:04

Wasn't the kou character a hypocrite in season 1?
Less than Yoshitaka's character. I like both seasons, but i have to say imho, yoshitaka overplayed.

cosmos89

Post by cosmos89 » Jan 30th, '14, 14:43

Still no torrent with English sub for Midsummer Formula?